InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Purity 3: Forever ❯ For Ryomaru ( Chapter 33 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

~~Chapter 33~~
~For Ryomaru~
 
Nezumi sat back in the booth in the quiet restaurant, drumming her fingertips on the table as she checked her watch again and stifled a pronounced sigh. She was meeting Sierra for lunch but because of a stupid idea that had taken root in her mind; she was more than a little nervous.
 
Ryomaru refused to listen to her. When he'd finally gotten home from picking up food, she had told him that she would deal with his hunting, if that was what he wanted to do. For some reason, her suggestion had made him angry, and he'd spent the next hour yelling at her about nothing in particular and everything in general.
 
She'd tried to mention it again last night, thinking that waiting a week between altercations would have given him time to cool off about it. She was so wrong. He'd been furious, and his irritation had lasted into this morning since he refused to even say goodbye before he left for work.
 
`He doesn't make any sense,' she thought as she swirled her ice water, listened to the tiny clinks as the melting cubes hit the sides of the glass. `You'd think I said I was going to have him de-clawed or something,' she grumbled to herself. `Baka . . .'
 
The hell of it was, Nezumi knew he hated his job, knew he despised sitting behind a desk most of the day. If he had wanted to make the change, she'd have been all for it. She knew better, and she couldn't help but feel guilty, too.
 
`That's because it's your fault. He was perfectly happy doing what he was doing, but you weren't, were you? He'd never ask you to change your job. He's never asked you to do anything except to give him a chance.'
 
That was true. He hadn't asked her for much, and no, he wouldn't ask her to change her job. Then again, he just might if she was the one running around killing---things---with a really big sword . . .
 
`He took that job because you couldn't deal with what he was doing, and even if you did try, maybe you just didn't try hard enough.'
 
She winced at the vindictiveness of her thoughts but sighed. `Yeah, well, if he can do that, then I can, too . . .'
 
“Hey, sorry I'm late,” Sierra said as she slipped into the booth across from Nezumi and made a face. “You haven't been waiting long, have you?”
 
“What? Oh, no . . . Thanks for meeting me.”
 
Sierra waved away Nezumi's thanks as she grabbed a menu and started browsing. “Ugh, what I wouldn't do for a big, thick steak,” she commented with a mournful sigh. “Anyway, I'm glad you called! Toga made me go on maternity leave just about the second we decided to have a baby, and I'm going insane . . .”
 
Wincing at the change in topic, especially since Sierra still didn't look pregnant, Nezumi simply nodded slowly and shrugged. “That would be hard,” she agreed, hoping that she wasn't saying something colossally stupid.
 
“I know! Like I don't have long enough to sit around counting the days till the baby's born, now I get to do it from the comfort and boredom of home.”
 
Put that way, Nezumi could commiserate. That did sound pretty horrifying. She had a hard enough time finding things to do on the weekends sometimes. To have nothing at all to do for months while waiting for the baby had to be rough.
 
Her distaste must have shown on her face because Sierra laughed. “Never mind all that. You sounded a little upset on the phone . . . is there something I can do?”
 
Nezumi cleared her throat and started to speak but had to wait as a waitress approached the table. Sierra didn't waste any time ordering for herself, and Nezumi just ordered a soda and a cheeseburger. Sierra frowned as though she were considering something and changed her order to match before apologizing profusely for putting the waitress to so much trouble.
 
“Okay, so you were saying?” Sierra asked as the waitress hurried away.
 
Nezumi took a deep breath. Encouraged by the friendliness in Sierra's face, she managed a little smile and tried to figure out where to start. “I wondered if you could . . . help me.”
 
Sierra blinked in surprise and leaned her head to the side. “I can try . . . What do you need help with?”
 
Shifting in her seat, Nezumi rubbed her neck and cleared her throat. “I, uh . . . I want to dress like a girl,” she blurted.
 
“Oh,” Sierra said as she sat back in the booth and tried unsuccessfully to hide her surprise. “Is there something wrong with the way you dress now?”
 
Nezumi made a face. “Come on . . . you and I both know that I don't exactly dress like a girl.”
 
Sierra shrugged. “Depends on the girl.”
 
“I've seen the girls Ryomaru's dated,” Nezumi grumbled, fighting back the flush that crept up her face. “I've seen them all, and . . . and they all looked like girls.”
 
“Has Ryomaru said something stupid to you? I swear if he did, I'll send Toga after him, don't think I won't---”
 
“No . . . it's nothing like that,” Nezumi insisted quickly. “It's just . . . He took that job for me because I couldn't deal with his hunting. I mean, he's changing stuff because he thinks it's what I want, and . . . I don't know . . . I thought maybe, if I changed some things about me, for him . . . Does that make sense?”
 
Sierra smiled and nodded slowly. “It does, but what makes you think he'd want you to change?”
 
“Look at me,” Nezumi muttered as she shook her head. “I look like one of the guys.”
 
“I highly doubt Ryomaru thinks so, but if this is something you really want to do . . . Do you?”
 
Nezumi bit her lip and finally met Sierra's troubled gaze. “No, but . . .”
 
“But what?”
 
“He gave up his job for me.”
 
“Did you ask him to?”
 
Nezumi shook her head. “I didn't have to. I overreacted, and that was enough.”
 
Sierra digested that while the waitress returned with their food, and the two ate in silence. Sierra looked like she wanted to say something but didn't. Nezumi wondered if anyone from the shop would see her out running around when she had called in sick.
 
“Do you really think Ryomaru would want you to change things for any reason other than for yourself?”
 
“I don't know. I just know that he gave up his job for me. That's a bigger change than wearing something different.”
 
Sierra sighed and nodded. “All right, then. I'll help you, if you're sure.”
 
 
-=-0-=-0-=-0-=-0-=-0-=-
 
 
Ryomaru sat at the table in the quiet Italian restaurant and tapped his foot impatiently. Nezumi had called and told him she'd meet him here for dinner. He'd been running late, having lost track of time when he schooled the security staff in the corporate office's training room. It had been the first real action he'd had since giving up hunting, and while he had to keep reminding himself that humans were fragile, he had welcomed the exercise.
 
`Maybe I need to go visit the old man,' he thought with a wry smile. `It's been awhile since he's gotten a decent workout, I'd bet . . .'
 
Where was she? Why was she late? It wasn't like her. He was the one that always kept people waiting. Nezumi was normally the first one ready to go.
 
A strange unease crept up his spine. As though he could read her emotions, wherever she was at the moment, he could sense her discomfort. While he didn't think she was in trouble, he couldn't quite shake the idea that she was in a situation that bothered her.
 
He stood up, grabbing his new leather jacket off the back of his chair, and turned to leave the restaurant only to stop, body frozen to the spot, as his eyes narrowed then widened as incredulity replaced shock. The woman walking slowly through the restaurant smelled like Nezumi. Her face looked like Nezumi, too. Her eyes were definitely Nezumi's. Bright, shining, lit with reluctance bordering on foreboding, she met his gaze as a slight blush crept up her cheeks.
 
`What the . . . ? Why's she dressed like that?'
 
It wasn't simply the dress, either. Hair down and obviously freshly cut to fall gracefully around her delicate facial features. Her slender shoulders were tight with her extreme discomfort, and as she slowly approached him, he could sense her discomfort despite the carefully controlled nonchalance in her expression.
 
Still the image she created in his mind was enough to leave him breathless. She looked like a sophisticated city girl, like a procession of faces that he couldn't name; girls he'd dated and summarily forgotten. The demure black dress just brushed mid-thigh, but the generous expanse of Nezumi's legs was enough to capture Ryomaru's attention and keep it.
 
`Those . . . legs . . .' he thought as he swallowed hard. Try as he might, he couldn't look away from her legs. The savage desire to snatch her up and get her home was hard to repress. Digging his claws into the palms of his hands, he stood stock-still; unable to move for fear that he would do exactly that. `Damn it . . . damn it . . .'
 
She stopped before him, the soft fabric rustling around her thighs, and she shot Ryomaru a hesitant smile, waiting for him to speak. “Ryo? Um . . . sorry I'm late . . .”
 
Her words went unheeded as he slowly tilted his head. He couldn't breathe let alone speak, and the deprivation of air---or was it just her proximity---was making him feel light-headed.
 
“Ryo?”
 
“N-Nez?”
 
He blinked in surprise and shook his head, unable to reconcile the nickname with the woman before him. She wasn't Nezumi the rat now, was she? His frown deepened. No, not Nezumi . . . Deirdre . . .
 
Nervously tucking a lock of hair behind her ear as she ducked her head and shrugged, she sighed softly and peeked up through her eyelashes at him, blue eyes bright, searching. “Ryo?”
 
He opened his mouth to reply, dragging his gaze off her before he ended up tripping over his tongue as contradictory emotion warred for dominance in his mind. She was gorgeous, beautiful, and so out of her element that her discomfort was a palpable thing. As much as he appreciated the vision of her, he couldn't say he liked it when every instinct inside him was screaming that she was so ill at ease.
 
Narrowing his eyes in a predatory glower as he noticed the eyes of men at surrounding tables that were either shamelessly ogling Nezumi or were at least attempting to hide their appreciative stares, Ryomaru couldn't contain the vicious growl that welled up and spilled out.
 
Nezumi's brow furrowed as she reached out to touch his arm. “Ryomaru?”
 
He didn't trust himself to speak as he paused long enough to drape his leather jacket over her thin shoulders before grabbing her hand and jerking her along behind him toward the exit.
 
“Ryo!” she hissed as she pulled on her hand but couldn't extricate herself from his grip. “What's wrong? Ryo?”
 
He didn't answer as he slapped open the door. Nezumi tried to pull away again. “At least let me get my coat.”
 
Despite the intense need to get her out of there, Ryomaru stopped and caught the chagrined glance Nezumi shot him before she hurried over to retrieve her coat, which, he noticed, was longer than her damn dress. `That flimsy excuse for a dress is going to be scraps when I'm done with it,' he fumed as he narrowed his gaze on her.
 
Handing him his jacket, she bit her lip as she stared curiously at him. “You aren't . . . hungry?”
 
His only answer to that was a very pronounced snort as he shrugged on his jacket just before he grabbed her hand again and strode out of the restaurant.
 
On the sidewalk, he paused long enough to cast her a suspicious glance. “You didn't fucking ride the bike here, did you?”
 
Nezumi's eyebrows shot up as she blinked in surprise at his question. “The Harley? Are you nuts? I'd have frozen, for one, and even then, there's no way I could have ridden that thing in this,” she retorted, gesturing at her dress.
 
Ryomaru snorted. “Then how did you get here? If you took the bus, I'll---”
 
A loud sigh cut him off. “Toga brought me. Ryo . . . what's wrong with you?”
 
Ignoring her question as he jerked her into the alley beside the restaurant, the look on his face must have been enough to silence her protests before she could voice them. He pulled her into his arms, caught her knees to lift her off the ground, and leapt onto the building. The tenseness in her body drained away as she relaxed against him. He was preoccupied enough that he didn't notice as she snuggled a little closer, resting her cheek against his heart. Tokyo whizzed past in a blur of color as he sprinted toward InuYasha's Forest: toward home.
 
 
-=-0-=-0-=-0-=-0-=-0-=-
 
 
“You have five minutes to get that fucking thing off, starting now.”
 
Nezumi's brows drew together as she regarded Ryomaru with a bored scowl. “Come again?”
 
Ryomaru snorted, crossing his arms over his chest as he stomped past her toward the living room. “You heard me.”
 
“No, I don't think I did,” she remarked tightly, “because you really couldn't have just tried to order me to change, right?”
 
“Feh! I can, I did, and the clock's ticking, Nez.”
 
“You can't tell me what to do, Ryo,” she pointed out, eyes flashing as she glared back at him.
 
Yukitora sat patiently, gazing back and forth from Nezumi to Ryomaru and back again.
 
“Funny thing about that, wench. As your mate, I can tell you what to do, and---” he glanced at the wall clock behind her, “---you're down to three minutes, and counting.”
 
“And if I don't?”
 
“Then I'd be more than fucking happy to cut the damn thing off you,” he warned, cracking his knuckles for good measure.
 
“You would not!”
 
“Try me, Nez . . . and you've got two minutes.”
 
“Forget it, baka! I'm not playing your stupid game, and if you touch this dress---”
 
“Let me repeat: you can't argue with your mate!” he bellowed. “One minute, thirty seconds!”
 
“I'm not arguing with `my mate'! I'm arguing with you, you ass!”
 
“Name calling ain't gonna save you, now get moving!”
 
“I don't think I will!”
 
“Then you can't complain since I gave you warning!”
 
She slowly backed away as he stepped closer. “Ryomaru, I just bought this dress!”
 
“Yeah? So I'll pay you for it, now hand it over!”
 
“Why are you so mad?”
 
I'm not fucking mad!
 
“Then what do you call it?” she countered as she bumped against the coffee table since she'd retreated into the living room. Altering her path as she tried to hold him at bay, she veered to the right---toward the hallway.
 
“You think I can't tell that you hate wearing that thing? Why would you do that, anyway? Just to tick me off?”
 
“Tick you off? Why would my wearing a dress tick you off?”
 
He snorted. “Oh, so you didn't notice every damn one of those bastards in that restaurant staring at your fucking legs?”
 
“My what?”
 
“Don't pretend you don't know! The only reason you bought that fucking dress was because you knew it showed off your legs, and---”
 
Shaking her head as she stopped retreating and stared at him, Nezumi's expression turned suspicious. “Don't be stupid. You sound like a jealous---”
 
“I'm not jealous! I ain't got a reason to be jealous! Like any of those pathetic bastards will lay so much as a finger on you! I'd rip them to shreds before they could even try!”
 
“I didn't say you were jealous! I said you sound like a jealous---”
 
“It is so important that you not finish that sentence, Nezumi.”
 
“---ass.”
 
“Oi, wench! It's on!”
 
Nezumi yelped as Ryomaru leapt to grab her. She managed to dodge him and careened around to bolt for her bedroom. Ryomaru growled as he lunged after her, slamming his palms against her door as she slammed it in his face. The click of the lock was like a gunshot in his head, and Ryomaru fought back the urge to smash it open.
 
“Open the door, Nezumi!”
 
“No way!”
 
“Damn it . . .”
 
“Calm down first, and I will.”
 
“Take the dress off, and I might.”
 
“You make no sense, you know? You should like that I bought this dress. All your other women wore dresses and stuff.”
 
“You ain't them, and if I wanted one of them, don't you think I'd have chosen one of them? Now open the fucking door!”
 
Nezumi didn't answer, and he couldn't hear her moving around inside, either.
 
“Nez?”
 
He heard her sigh, and when she spoke, he could tell she was leaning her forehead against the door. “Ryo? Did you? Choose me?”
 
He nearly snapped at what he considered her stupid question but drew a deep breath instead. “What do you think?”
 
“That's just it, Ryo. I . . . I don't know what to think.”
 
“Open the door, Nez . . . please.”
 
He started to think she wasn't going to do it. Long moments ticked away as he glared at the door. Yukitora padded down the hallway and sat beside Ryomaru, staring at the closed door in silent confusion. “Mew?”
 
Before he could answer, the lock opened with a soft click. Nezumi turned the handle, and the door slowly opened. She sat on the edge of her bed, hidden safely away in the confines of her uber-baggy t-shirt and flannel pajama pants.
 
Ryomaru blinked as familiarity lent him a measure of reassurance. “Where is it?” he demanded, not bothering to elaborate on what he was asking about.
 
Nezumi shook her head. “Give up, Ryo. You're not tearing up a perfectly good dress.”
 
“Hide and watch, wench. You can't hide it from me. I'll sniff it out if I have to.”
 
She opened her mouth to scoff at his claim but must have realized that he probably could do it. She sighed and shook her head as Yukitora hopped into her lap and curled up in a little ball of fur. “Shred it, and I'll have you de-clawed,” she warned.
 
He opened his mouth to argue but realized that with her temper, she just might do it. “It wasn't your color,” he snorted.
 
Indignant color washed into her cheeks, and Nezumi glared at the floor. “Thanks. Just what I always wanted to hear.”
 
His face shifted into a grimace. “Blue's your color,” he continued.
 
“Blue? Why blue?”
 
“Because, wench, that's my color.”
 
“What do you mean, your color?”
 
Lifting his chin to sniff the room in search of the dress, his answer was preoccupied as he strode toward the closet. “It's my color,” he pointed out. “My ceremonial clothes are blue, and as my mate, you should wear it, too.”
 
“Okay, assuming I'd believe that I'm your mate---which I don't---then why should I have to wear it? Just because you say so?”
 
He snorted as he jerked open the closet and started rifling through her clothes. “Because as my mate---and you are my mate---you should want to honor me. You should be proud of being my mate. You should---Oi, what's this?”
 
“What's what?”
 
Carefully pulling the small wooden box from the top shelf, he turned to face Nezumi as he arched an eyebrow in silent question.
 
He'd never seen her face pale then redden so quickly. One moment, she was peaked and pale, her eyes nearly bugging out of her head, the next she was deep crimson and lurching at him to grab the box out of his hands. He swept it out of her grasp and held it high over his head. “Nez?”
 
“Give it,” she choked out as she hopped up and down, trying to grab the box in a futile attempt to retrieve it from him.
 
“What's in it?”
 
“Nothing! Pictures of my mother, that's all.”
 
“Oh? I want to see . . . Do you look like her?”
 
“Ryo!”
 
He shook his head as he regarded her thoughtfully. “If it ain't anything but pictures of your mother, why can't I see them?”
 
“And . . . other stuff,” she amended as she jumped again, to no avail.
 
“What `other stuff'?”
 
“Please, Ryo . . . just give it back, all right?”
 
Ryomaru heaved a sigh as he slowly handed her the box. She wrapped her arms around it and backed away from him as though she didn't trust him to leave it alone. He had a feeling there was something in that box, something that he needed to see. Unfortunately he also knew that Nezumi's distress was very, very real, and for that reason, he squelched his rampant curiosity. `Damn it . . . I ought to just make her show me what's in the fucking thing,' he grumbled as his face scrunched up in a pout.
 
`But you won't. You don't dare. She'd never forgive you for that, and you know it.'
 
`Oh, balls, shut the hell up, will you? Just once?'
 
`No, I don't think I will. Someone has to use common sense, and since you seem to be sorely lacking in that department, it's my responsibility to make sure you don't completely screw this up with her. You're running out of chances, you know . . .'
 
`Fuck.'
 
`Just tell her, baka!'
 
`Tell her what?'
 
`Damn . . . are you completely stupid? Tell her how you feel.'
 
Ryomaru winced. `Right . . . how I feel . . . Okay . . .'
 
`Think about it, Ryo. Nezumi never went on any dates. You know she didn't. She didn't sleep around or you'd have known that, too.'
 
`So?'
 
`So? Don't be so fucking dumb! Why did she choose to sleep with you?'
 
`What do you mean, why did she choose to sleep with me? She did it because she . . .' Trailing off as his eyes flared wide, Ryomaru gaped at Nezumi, who was still cradling the wooden box to her chest protectively. “Nez? Can I ask you something?”
 
She didn't look like she wanted to hear his question. Slowly, cautiously, she jerked her head once.
 
“Why, uh . . . that night? Why did you let me . . . I mean, you never . . .” He sighed and rubbed a hand over his face as he struggled to find the words to ask his question. “Why me? Why then? Just . . . why?”
 
She was stunned. There was no mistaking the panic that stained her eyes a darker blue hue. Glancing around the room while avoiding Ryomaru's questioning gaze, she made a face and tightened her hold on the wooden box. “Ryo, I'm . . . really tired. I'm going to bed.”
 
He shook his head, grabbing her arm as she tried to hurry past him toward her bed. “You said before that I keep stuff from you. You do it, too, Nez, just so you know.”
 
“Don't ask me questions I can't answer.”
 
“Can't or won't?”
 
She swallowed hard, closed her eyes for a moment. “Take your pick.”
 
“Why is it so hard to answer the question?”
 
“Why do you want to know?”
 
He sighed and let go of her arm. She skittered over to her bed as soon as he relinquished his hold on her. He waited a moment, watching as she dove under the covers and yanked them up to her chin before slowly rounding the bed and stretching out beside her.
 
“Wh-what are you doing?” she squeaked.
 
“Either answer the question or I'm staying here till morning.”
 
She didn't answer right away. With a consternated growl of pure frustration, she sat up long enough to turn off the lamp before flopping back down again. “Night, Ryo.”
 
He smiled in the darkness as he rolled onto his side and wrapped his arms around her waist to pull her back against his chest. “Night, Nez, oh . . . and one more thing.”
 
“What?” she asked, the reluctance thick in her voice.
 
“Wear that dress again, and I swear to kami, I'll remove it, even if we're in public.”
 
“You wouldn't!” she gasped.
 
He yawned. “Try it, and we'll see.”
 
She snorted. “Baka.”
 
His smile widened as he closed his eyes.
 
 
~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~ *~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~
A/N:
Eep! Sorry for the extensive A/N, but there were some questions this time, and I wanted to answer them!
 
Mizbum2u … No, I would rather that you don't use any of my ideas in your fanfictions. People have been banned from sites for doing so.
== == == == == == == == == ==
Reviewers
==========
Kesstral (MMorg):
Have grammar-beta respond more please! I really love her style of putting down those who disrespect you. Seriously.. What did that person have against Nez? She's a lovable character... if a little demanding (not that she realizes this) on Ryo. Of course if she did realize she'd feel really guiltily, illustrated by her worrying about Ryo's happiness with his new job. Lol. Did Ryomaru scream a high pitched shriek? (I was gonna say like a little girl but I really don't like how that demeans girls) And I agree with the de-clawing thing, I refused to let my parents de-claw our cat. It's so CRUEL!
 
It's not that she had something against Nezumi as much as the WAY she said it. I mean, honestly, there was nothing `constructive' about her review, and it was obviously just a child babbling because they really don't understand how an adult becomes the person they are … And yes, Ryomaru unleashed a rather girl-esque shriek. I mean, our cat did that to my husband once, and yes, he screamed like a girl about it
==========
Toya's Gurl (FFnet):
Okay I have a question: how did you come up with the idea of the cat for Nez and Ryo? Honestly. I love that silly little dimwit of a feline, she does nothing but crack me up. Poor Ryo must be really regretting getting that thing... attacking his nipple stud, ouch. Excellent chapter I await the next one- be it P3 of P4- does not matter, eagerly. Oh one more thing what is a pigeon-livered troglodyte and a whoresonned mandrake, sounds like a really bad insult. I love it
 
The cat? I thought one of them should have one, and for obvious reasons in Purity 4, neither Kichiro nor Gin could really have one. For some reason, probably because Ryomaru is more like InuYasha, then it was more fitting for him to have one … and the insult is derived from Shakespeare. All my betas have their own areas of special `Mad Skills:
Sari-15 is my brainstorming beta. If you appreciate Purity 3, then you MUST appreciate Sari because had it not been for a very, very… ummm… wrong AIM conversation, who knows if this story would have come into being
Piscesanela is the `Fingerbreaking Beta' and the one someone is most likely to hear from if they flame me via email.
Angelica Incarnate is my cheerleader who is very good at knowing just what I need to hear, even if she has no idea that I need to hear it.
Aditu is my psychological beta. Her insight is amazing, and when it comes to helping me flesh out a character with reasoning behind behaviors, she backs me up.
And then … there is Diana the Grammar Goddess, who is very, very well versed in all things grammar and a staggering amount of literature, to boot, and woe betide the fool who thinks to battle it out with her in the Grammar arena … They will be crushed like a proverbial bug
 
*** Side note from this Diana***
For those of you who are wondering … The first part of the `whoresonned…' comment is form the second part of Henry IV, Act I, scene ii - Sir John Falstaff. The second part, well, it is just a common enough Elizabethan phrase. Here we go - skip this if you don't want an explanation. Pigeon-livered: one who has a small liver, a liver being the antiquated place where courage was thought to be stored; i.e. - coward. Troglodyte: a member of a primitive people who live in caves, dens or holes; a cave dweller; a reactionary or brutish person. Whoresonned: Bastard child of a hooker. Mandrake: plant with all sorts of fun connotations - specifically here a narcotic used to induce an overly lustful state. Combine the last two - and you get the child of a hooker who used a Shakespearian form of GHB/ecstasy to roll and steal `genetic material' from her john. Gall: (in this instance) courage and honor. Side note - if you read a lot of classic literature, especially Shakespeare, it is worth your while to research the plants mentioned. There is a whole sub textual form of communication and characterization that occurs, the plants being a vehicle for both insight and insult.
==========
Jason C  (MMorg):
Again another great chapter. I have a question. How old was Ryomaru when he started to hunt demons for his uncle? How old is Sesshoumaru? What year is this based in? I apologize if I have already asked you these questions I tend not to remember things. Wait I have one more question. If you could name an author with as good writing style as you and creativity who would that be?
 
Ryomaru started youkai hunting just after he finished schooling (remember, he went to a special school where they also were taught martial arts, etc.) … Sesshoumaru at this point would be somewhere between 700-800 years old, and the year would be around … 2040 … style and creativity are things that I really cannot judge, least of all about myself. Authors I enjoy are Anne Rice and all of her `incarnations', i.e. pen names, Johanna Lindsey, JK Rowling, and many others
==========
Captain applesauce (FFnet):
Great Chapter, as usual. I'm so glad that Nezumi is finally giving Ryo more of a chance. I was wondering...Do you already have a story that you're going to write once Purity 3 and 4 are finished? Oh...and what happened to Torrent?
 
Honestly, I'm not sure if I'll stay in fanfiction after Purity 3: Forever and Purity 4: Justification are finished. I plan on taking a break to do some massive edits to the stories I've already posted and think about whether it is worth it to me, to keep trying to post stories. As for the other stories I yanked off FFnet, they're still archived on Media Miner.
==========
MMorg
NyteAngelOfDarkness7 ::: badgerwolf (thanks. Lol) ::: Cynbad146 (That rocked … lol) ::: Inuyashas Kagome ::: Firedemon86 ::: DarklessVasion ::: serendith ::: OROsan0677 ::: kiaraecko ::: Wlfhund ::: IKMS ::: cjflutterbye ::: kitcat99 ::: HAB ::: EAP ::: Aitu ::: Akihana ::: devildice708 ::: Zirra Nova ::: Red Falcon ::: Ladyblade ::: Twin_Star_of_Suzaku ::: Rawben ::: naeryn ::: CJ Finnegan ::: Dar CoBien ::: pagan_sedjou ::: notzathros ::: ColShaLin ::: adamile ::: CresentMoon21 ::: fudge ::: inuyashasluverforever ::: trinigirl524 ::: Kyonarai ::: Pyra Amedaus ::: Pyro Amedaus ::: foamyfan15010 ::: Leiliiani ::: RadiosNmyHead ::: Anoki ::: Wolf's Rain Kagome ::: Inuyashas_wishing_star ::: xxnekoxx ::: Turtle Dreamer ::: Lena17 ::: EAP ::: mizbum2u ::: Kittycat78 ::: Shiga
==========
FFneteave
katie janeway ::: Drake Clawfang ::: Haunt ::: Ryguy5387 ::: Flames101 ::: xxXDark SlayerXxx (LoL, you rock … and that story is Pure Desecration … ) ::: DarkSerenity93 ::: InuyashasChic612 ::: BakaBokken ::: Inuyashas' Plaything ::: PenDragon6644 ::: Valdimarian ::: moon-bunny735 ::: My Own Self ::: hyorii ::: DragonMisstress325 ::: Fairia13 ::: Jasmine Fields ::: SilverStarWing ::: Dogiegurl26 ::: supergirl-sparki ::: Disarekkushikku ::: ShadowPhoenix1 ::: JaydMonkey ::: agent-doo ::: breezy99 ::: ILOVEINUS589 ::: Miyumi-Chan ::: anime manga girl ::: Yashaluva ::: Shippos friend ::: Shilyn ::: Starr Stealer
==========
Final Thought from Ryomaru:
What the hell is in that box???
==========
Blanket disclaimer for this fanfic (will apply to this and all other chapters in Forever): I do not claim any rights to InuYasha or the characters associated with the anime/manga. Those rights belong to Rumiko Takahashi, et al. I do offer my thanks to her for creating such vivid characters for me to terrorize.
 
~Sue~