InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Purity 3: Forever ❯ Forever ( Chapter 47 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

~~Chapter 47~~
~Forever~
 
“Pathetic.”
 
InuYasha turned to glare at his half-brother with a snort as he brandished Tetsusaiga with a flourish. “Yeah, bastard, we've been through this. I'm not trying to tear anything up this time, though . . . well, maybe you . . .”
 
“Still pathetic.”
 
Kagome leaned on the porch railing and slowly shook her head. “Some things never change,” she muttered.
 
Sierra braced her back with one hand and grimaced. Her fifth month baby belly wasn't overly large, but she was showing, and Toga never missed an opportunity to gloat, either. “So this is how InuYasha made the diamond for your ring?”
 
“Yeah. They tore up the back yard, too. Kagura wasn't impressed.” She wrinkled her nose. “I'm not sure if it's worse that they got married using candy rings or if they ate them before anyone else saw them.”
 
“Well, it was a little gaudy,” Nezumi remarked as she joined the other ladies by the railing.
 
“Married by Elvis with candy rings,” Kagome lamented with a shake of her head. “Only you two . . .”
 
“I think it's kind of romantic,” Gin piped up as she stepped outside the Inutaisho mansion. “Of course, at this point, I'd think that just about anything is romantic.” She wrinkled her nose, heaved a sigh, and ran down the porch stairs to join her siblings.
 
“She seems a little irritated,” Sierra remarked as she watched Gins stomp over to the men.
 
“She tried to convince InuYasha to let her date again,” Kagome confessed.
 
Nezumi winced. “Ouch.”
 
“Ouch is an understatement,” Kagome went on. “I don't think that girl's ever going to get a date, if her father has anything to say about it.”
 
“Her brothers aren't much better,” Nezumi grumbled. Ryomaru and her first official fight had been about Gin. Nezumi had made the mistake of saying that she didn't really understand why everyone was so set against letting her new sister-in-law date. Ryomaru had nearly come unglued over it. It had ended abruptly enough since Nezumi had been wearing a towel from her shower, and when Ryomaru realized that . . . well, he had forgotten that he was irritated, in the first place.
 
They'd been married for almost three weeks now, and Nezumi really couldn't complain. She'd reverted back to wearing her normal clothes, much to Ryomaru's relief. She didn't really understand why the other clothes bothered him so much, but he didn't mind when she wore shorts around the house . . .
 
Kichiro took Tetsusaiga from InuYasha and carefully gripped the sword. Toga and Ryomaru both jeered at him. Without sparing them a glance, Kichiro swung the sword and unleashed a wave of shining diamond spears.
 
Ryomaru yanked the sword out of Kichiro's hand and peeked over his shoulder at Nezumi. She smiled as warmth crept up her cheeks, and he hitched his shoulders before bringing Tetsusaiga over his head. “Kongousouha!” he bellowed as he brought the sword down. The earth shook under the sword as more diamond spears shot out of it.
 
“Well, that was just sad,” Toga snorted. “This Toga can do much better than his sorry cousins.”
 
“That Toga can put up or shut up,” Ryomaru growled as he dug through the smaller diamonds that had shot out of the sword.
 
Toga took the sword, concentrating for a few moments while Kichiro shook his head. “Come on, Toga. Sometime today, will you?”
 
“Quiet, Kich!” Toga shot back. His blast was roughly the same as Ryomaru's. He claimed it was better.
 
Sierra sighed. “They've always got to outdo each other, don't they?”
 
“Oh, my,” Nezumi cut in, eyes widening.
 
Gin marched over to Toga and yanked Tetsusaiga out of his hands. The men started to protest, but one glower from Gin shut them up. Though Nezumi wasn't sure what to expect, she figured Gin would do well enough. She was InuYasha's daughter, after all, right?
 
But she didn't expect Gin to smack the sword into the ground as though she had something to prove. The Kongousouha that exploded from Tetsusaiga was really, really impressive---more so than the attempts made by her male peers, who were all gaping at her with shocked expressions. With a smug little grin, Gin handed her father the sword before turning on her heel and marching away with her head held high and a bounce in her step that hadn't been there earlier.
 
“That's my girl,” InuYasha gloated.
 
“Toga, try again,” Sesshoumaru demanded.
 
“No, thanks,” Toga remarked. “I feel inadequate enough.”
 
“No shit,” Ryomaru agreed.
 
“Damn,” Kichiro said with a sigh.
 
“Give me that,” Sesshoumaru grumbled, grabbing the sword out of InuYasha's hands. With a nonchalant swing, he shot off a good blast then stood back proudly. “Beat that, worthless baka.”
 
InuYasha snorted as he took the sword back and brought it over his head. His Kongousouha was impressive, too, and he snorted again as he dropped Tetsusaiga into the scabbard.
 
“Oh, for the love of . . . You are all helping to fix that mess!” Kagura yelled as she stepped onto the porch.
 
“We have a gardener,” Sesshoumaru pointed out calmly.
 
“Sure we do,” Kagura agreed. “But you made the mess. You clean it up.”
 
Sesshoumaru looked like he wanted to argue. Kagura narrowed her gaze.
 
“Boys, clean this up,” he ordered before turning away from the mess. InuYasha stomped along behind him, leaving Toga, Ryomaru, and Kichiro with the task of repairing the lawn.
 
“Tell me how that's fair,” Kichiro complained. “They did it, too.”
 
Toga sighed as he started kicking furrows of grass back into place. “Yes, well, they're old. They're probably exhausted.”
 
“Oi!” InuYasha hollered from his place beside Kagome.
 
Ryomaru shook his head and snorted. “Damn, if that's the case, I don't wanna get old.”
 
“Toga's apparently spent too much time around you,” Sesshoumaru remarked to InuYasha.
 
“Nah, he just knows that you're a bastard.”
 
“. . . Baka.”
 
“Feh.”
 
 
-=-0-=-0-=-0-=-0-=-0-=-
 
 
Ryomaru fastened the clasp and quickly kissed Nezumi's neck. She giggled and dropped her ponytail before turning around to face him. “So?” she asked, patting the pendant and adjusting the clasp.
 
He gently batted her hand away and tilted his head to the side as he considered it. “Yup. Good.”
 
“I like this,” she admitted, turning around again to examine her reflection in the large plate mirror over the sink. “What made you decide to have this made?”
 
Ryomaru shrugged as he toyed with his new nipple stud.
 
“Well . . . I figured you can't really wear a diamond ring at work, right?”
 
She smiled at the pleased flush that broke over his features. “True. I just figured I'd put it on a chain at work or something.”
 
“Now you don't have to. We didn't do anything the normal way, anyway, did we? That'll do.”
 
Nezumi nodded, leaning back against Ryomaru's chest as Yukitora hopped onto the counter beside the sink. That was true, wasn't it? Their entire mating had started out in the wrong way. It was hard to believe that it was almost normal now. Then again, with a mate like Ryomaru, she doubted anything would ever be really normal.
 
Instead of having the diamond made into a ring, he'd had it mounted as a pendant and had two smaller ones mounted into a nipple stud for him. They had to be the strangest wedding `rings', ever, but at least they'd retired the plastic candy ring discs to the confines of her wood box that she kept all her treasures in.
 
Life was good, she decided. Ryomaru wrapped his arms around her waist and sighed. “I was thinking, Nez . . . it's Saturday . . . We ain't got anywhere we have to be . . .”
 
She rolled her eyes but smiled. “You're such a dog,” she muttered.
 
He nipped her earlobe. “Absolutely.”
 
“Wasn't I going to service your car?”
 
“I'd prefer that you service me, instead.”
 
She tugged a handful of his hair. “How's this: I'll wear shorts while I tune up your car, but you can't touch me until I'm done . . . then we'll see what we feel like doing.”
 
Ryomaru's ears twitched. “Which shorts?”
 
Hiding her smile, Nezumi turned around and kissed him quickly. “Those cut off jeans ones you like?”
 
He swallowed hard. “The really short ones?”
 
She nodded.
 
“. . . Can I rip them off you when you're done with the fucking car?”
 
She giggled. “If you can keep your hands off me long enough to tune up your car, you can rip whatever you want.”
 
“Promise?”
 
“Promise.”
 
He nodded. “All right, but you promised.”
 
She grinned as he let go of her and grabbed Yukitora. Her smile widened as she watched him swagger out of the bathroom and out of sight.
 
`Admit it, Nez . . . this forever business is really nice.'
 
`. . . All right, it's nice.'
 
`Better than nice.'
 
`. . . Better than nice.'
 
`Forever with Ryo . . . can't get much nicer than that, huh?'
 
She gazed at the pendant and shrugged. No, it really couldn't. Ryomaru had been her friend for too long, had been her strength and her stability. Everything about him, everything about her; it was entwined so much that neither really knew where one ended and the other began.
 
She used to wonder what the future would bring, and she used to dread it. She used to think that Ryomaru would eventually drift away from her when he found a girl who captured his interest and held it. She hadn't really thought that she could be that girl, and for some reason, she doubted she'd ever really believe it. That didn't matter, did it? He loved her; she loved him, and they both believed in forever . . .
 
 
~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~ *~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~
A/N:
Kongousouha: Diamond Spear Blast.
== == == == == == == == == ==
Final Thought fromNezumi:
Forever.
==========
Blanket disclaimer for this fanfic (will apply to this and all other chapters in Forever): I do not claim any rights to InuYasha or the characters associated with the anime/manga. Those rights belong to Rumiko Takahashi, et al. I do offer my thanks to her for creating such vivid characters for me to terrorize.
 
~Sue~