InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Purity 5: Phantasm ❯ Hesitation ( Chapter 47 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

~*~*~*~*~*~Lemon warning~*~*~*~*~*~
 
There is no clean version of this chapter. You've been warned.
 
-OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO-
 
~~Chapter 47~~
~Hesitation~
 
Sydnie bit her lip and stared out the window at the passing countryside as she tried to ignore the rising sense of anxiety that threatened to choke her.
 
He was taking her home with him to Maine.
 
After spending the rest of the week in New York City doing all sorts of odd things—Sydnie's favorite had been their trip to Rockefeller Center to be on national television during the taping of the Today show, complete with wearing the cheesy t-shirts she'd bought that proclaimed, `I heart NY' while Bas said that he'd enjoyed their sojourn to FAO Schwartz best—he'd finally maintained that they had to go home.
 
Less than a day's travel, or so he'd said.
 
She made a face. True, Bas said that his family wouldn't try to separate them. She trusted him well enough, sure. She wasn't so positive she could afford to trust anyone she hadn't met, though . . .
 
“You'll like them, baby, and they'll adore you,” Bas said, reading her reluctance without any real trouble at all. “My mom's great, and my sister—you'll like her. Evan . . . I don't care if you ever meet Evan, and Dad—”
 
“—Is the last one I want to meet,” she grumbled.
 
He sighed, casting her an apologetic sort of glance as he gripped the steering wheel a little tighter. “They're my family,” he said quietly.
 
Sydnie winced. She wasn't being entirely fair, and she knew it. Still, she couldn't ignore a lifetime of disappointment; of being left completely alone. The idea of losing Bas scared her silly, and yet . . . and yet he was so confident, wasn't he?
 
“You'll see,” he finally said with another sigh, raking his fingers through his hair in a defeated sort of way. “They'll love you. They won't be able to help it.”
 
He sounded so sure, didn't he? Sydnie bit her lip and turned her attention back out the window once more.
 
Bas heaved a deep breath and pulled the rental car over, letting the engine idle as he slammed it into `park' and turned to look at her. “Baby, how can I convince you that no one is going to hurt you?” he demanded gently.
 
“I . . .” she trailed off, shaking her had, unable to lend voice to the fears that just wouldn't let go of her. “Could we just . . . could we stop somewhere? Anywhere . . .”
 
“We're almost there,” he told her. “Only a couple hours away.”
 
“Please? I won't . . . I won't complain in the morning . . . I'll try not to complain in the morning . . .”
 
Bas rubbed his eyes with the heel of his hand and nodded slowly. “Okay, baby,” he agreed. “Whatever you want.”
 
And yet his agreement didn't make her feel any better; not really.
 
`Because you know that he's missed his family in the last couple months.'
 
Drumming her claws on the door handle as Bas pulled back onto the road once more, Sydnie smiled sadly and tried not to feel guilty for asking him to stop again. `What if they try to separate us? What if they tell him that I'm not good enough for him?'
 
`Bas said they won't, or didn't you listen? He's bent over backward for you, little cat, and this is how you repay him? Whining and growling and asking him to stop early? All you're doing is prolonging your worries when maybe he's right, and there's nothing to be scared of . . .'
 
Sydnie grimaced. Opening her mouth to tell him that it was okay; that they might as well get it over with, she couldn't quite manage it around the fist-sized lump that blocked her throat. Bas telegraphed her a wan smile that she supposed was meant to reassure her. It left her feeling a little emptier and a lot more unreasonable in the face of her fears.
 
It didn't take him long to find a decent hotel. Sydnie waited outside, smoking a cigarette while he paid for a room. He wandered out of the hotel with a bashful sort of smile on his face, and digging his hands into his pockets, he ambled over to her. “You ready to go inside, kitty?”
 
She shrugged, dropping the cigarette and crushing it under the spike of her stiletto heel. “Sure.”
 
He chuckled and headed around the car to retrieve their suitcase, leaving the laptop for the moment. “Come on. I already ordered some milk.”
 
Smiling despite the feeling that she was being a complete and utter baby, Sydnie slipped her hand into his. Letting him lead her into the hotel, she intercepted the bright smile of the girl behind the raised desk poised just beside the entry. Catching Sydnie's eye, the girl's grin broadened. Sydnie tightened her grip on Bas' hand possessively.
 
He didn't seem to notice her show of jealousy as he escorted her up the wide staircase since she loathed elevators. The room was on the third floor, and Sydnie blinked in surprise. There were only four doors running the length of the wide corridor. She shot Bas a questioning look. He grinned almost sheepishly as he set the suitcase down long enough to swipe the hotel keycard and open the door for her.
 
Staring at the suite, Sydnie slowly walked inside. Fresh cut flowers perfumed the air but weren't so overpowering that they bothered her. The light, airy feel was aided by the gauzy curtains that were caught back with lacy ties. A silver pitcher stood on the highly polished pale wood coffee table, and the two crystal glasses winked in the thin sunlight filtering through the windows. Sydnie turned to face Bas once more, her questions awash in her gaze. He shrugged almost self-consciously. “It's . . . nicer,” he explained quietly. “Our last night alone . . . I just thought . . .”
 
Crossing the floor, she slipped her arms around his neck, tugging gently to bring his head down for a kiss. He amazed her, didn't he? His thoughtfulness touched her deep, and she couldn't help the little sigh that escaped her as he wrapped his arms around her. “My puppy,” she murmured.
 
Bas blushed but didn't deny her claim. “My kitty.”
 
She acquiesced to him; let him support her as the sweetness of his kisses comforted her. Suspended in the moment, lost in his kiss, Sydnie's fingers tangled in his hair as her body trembled against his—so alive, so vibrant, so real.
 
“How can I convince you that my family will love you?”
 
Sydnie cuddled against his chest and sighed. “And they won't ever try to separate us? You're sure?”
 
“I'm sure,” he said with a little chuckle. “Don't worry, kitty. Mom said the room she's fixing up for you is right across the hall, and—”
 
Jerking back, Sydnie gasped sharply, her eyes widening with fear. “Across the hall?” she echoed incredulously.
 
Bas nodded. “Well, just for a little while. If you don't like it there, I've got some money saved up . . . I'm sure we can find another place.”
 
The tightening in her chest was painful, and Sydnie shook her head as she drew away from him, slowly backing up until she bumped into the wall. “But you said . . . you promised!
 
He seemed confused by her upset, and he frowned as he gazed at her. “I . . .? I never—”
 
“You did!” she exclaimed hotly. “You said they wouldn't try to separate us!”
 
Bas blinked at her show of absolute defiance. “They won't,” he maintained. “It's just a room. It's not—”
 
“Forget it, puppy! I'm not going!” she insisted.
 
“Baby . . .”
 
“Don't you `baby' me, you dog! You lied to me!” she blasted. “I won't go; not if they're going to separate us!”
 
Bas grimaced. “They won't; I swear! I—” Cutting himself off as he pinched the bridge of his nose in his fingertips, he drew a deep breath and scrubbed at the back of his head. “Do you . . .? You wouldn't want to . . .? I mean, uh . . .”
 
She shook her head, her scowl deepening as she tried to make sense of Bas' garbled words. “What?”
 
He blushed deep crimson and wouldn't meet her gaze. Crossing his arms over his chest, he drew a deep breath before blurting, “You-could-become-my-mate—They-couldn't-separate-us-then— `Course-you-don't—Why-would-you—You-hate-that-I'm-going-to-be-t he-next—”
 
Her brain seemed to slow to a crawl as she gazed at him. He was serious—absolutely serious. He wanted it, didn't he, and not just to reassure her. He wanted to be her mate, regardless. That it would help to convince her that they couldn't and wouldn't be separated . . . well, that was just an added bonus, she supposed. “Is . . . is that what you want, Sebastian?” she asked, unable to keep the breathy quality out of her tone, unable to keep the hopeful expression out of her eyes.
 
His face reddened a little more, but he jerked his head in a curt nod. “More than anything, baby,” he mumbled.
 
Sydnie bit her lip and swallowed hard. “I-I-I . . . Me, too . . .”
 
He held his hand out to her, and she stared at it a moment before hesitantly reaching out. The warmth of his fingers closed over hers, and she blinked as unbidden moisture gathered in her eyes, clouding her vision as he stroked her cheek with his knuckles. The look in his eyes was solemn, serious, but the tell-tale light that brightened his gaze was enough to make her breath catch in her throat. “Forever, Sydnie,” he whispered.
 
She thought maybe she nodded. Then again, she wasn't sure. Bas lowered his lips to hers, the soft caress blending with the beat of her heart that hammered wildly against her ribs. His youki seemed to merge with hers into an electric aura that protected them both. The heat of passion was tempered by the gentlest sense of completion. Bas really was her mate. As if every moment of their time together had led to this one, she moaned softly as he crushed her lips under his; as he coaxed her mouth open with the tip of his tongue.
 
The dizzying feel of floating on air didn't really make sense. Lost in the sensations inspired by his kiss, she slipped her arms around his neck despite the lethargy that clung to her. She felt the disjointed jarring movement but didn't dwell on it. Unable to do more than revel in him, she gasped and whimpered when he laid her on the cool silk coverlet. Leaning up on his left elbow, he pushed her hair out of her face as the tenderest expression filled his gaze. “I love you, kitty,” he whispered.
 
Eyes half-closed, she rumbled out a roughened purr. “Then show me, Sebastian.”
 
He groaned, his forehead falling against hers as her words shot through him more powerfully than a caress. His mouth scorched hers, the moist heat sending a bolt of need straight to the center of her. A throbbing ache built, antagonizing her as his clothes chafed her bare belly. His hand massaged away the irritation, his claws grazing over her flesh, unleashing a rising surge of goose bumps. She arched into his touch, reveled in the consuming fire that blazed deep inside. He scooped her up, pushed her shirt up her body and breaking the kiss just long enough to discard the garment on the floor. Shivering in an entirely delicious way, she slipped her arms around his neck, pulling herself up against him as she straddled his legs, as she sought out his mouth once more. The taste of him was thick on her lips, and she groaned quietly when he slipped his hands up her thighs, cradling her bottom as he kneaded the taut skin under her tube skirt.
 
Delving his tongue in and out of her mouth as he ran his claws lightly, deliberately, along the flimsy material of her thong panties, Bas growled low in his throat, the visceral sound swallowed in the undertone of a purr that was growing more ragged by the second. His fingers slipped under the thin strip of her panties, idly exploring the depths of her. She rose up on her knees, let her head fall back, rasped out a sharp cry as his finger slipped into her. The shocking invasion felt perfect to her. His husky half-bark, half-whine was both demanding and soothing.
 
Bas pulled her close with his free arm, his lips scorching a path along the hollows of her throat. She let her hands trail down his chest, fingers pushing up under the hem of his shirt. The heat of his skin beckoned her, drawing her closer to the power, the strength that surged around her. He let his finger slip out of her long enough to discard his shirt before jerking her roughly against him once more, catching her, his hands supporting her as he let his mouth drop over the flushed peak of her breast. Moisture, intensive heat, the undeniable surge of pure sensation slammed through her in a violent wave. Her body shook, her limbs heavy, lethargic. She wanted to touch him, to hold him, to show him how she felt even if she wasn't quite brave enough to say the words out loud.
 
He calmed her with his terse sounds; the feel of his tongue soothed away the harsh tremors brought on by the scrape of fangs over her skin. She sighed, whimpered, arms dangling helplessly by her sides. Unable to summon the strength to do anything but revel in the consuming need that he inspired, Sydnie succumbed to the torrent of tactile sensation; the inebriating sense of fulfillment as he broke her will; as he reminded her of what it was to truly live. The gentle prompting erupted in fire and heat. The unsteady beat of her heart synchronized with his; the fluctuations of time and space seemed to stutter then still as everything faded away, leaving only a sense of desperate need, the rising passion of a bittersweet moment.
 
Lowering her down on the bed, his hands brushing over her skin, Bas caught the tube skirt and panties, carefully tugging them off her before taking a minute to discard his jeans and boxers. Sydnie stared at him through heavily-lidded eyes, and when he met her gaze, he choked out a ragged groan. Hands stroking the smooth curves of her belly, breathing harsh and labored, she slowly lifted her arms to him, and he fell on her, bracing the bulk of his weight on his forearms. Mouth hungry, demanding, he kissed her with a fervor that wrung a hiss, a growl from somewhere in the depths of her. She could feel him trembling, could hear the uneven palpitations of his heart. His hands shook as he sank his fingers into her hair, locking her head in place as he stroked her tongue, suckled her lips, as the thickness of him parted her, slipped inside her. He threw his head back with a formidable growl, his body tensing as she braced her feet on the mattress and lifted her hips, taking him in completely.
 
The thrust of his hips against hers was met by the welcome rise of her body. The tension thickened, tightened around her—need and desire warring against the ache that rose and spread. With every surge of his body in hers, the sensations built. The slow grind, the steady heat, the absolute power of him consumed her. Feeding off the passion that drove him, she ran her fingers up and down his spine, wrapped her legs over his. His mouth dropped to her neck again, his ragged moans reverberating against her skin in an entirely delightful way. She mewled happily, contentedly, kneading his back muscles with careful fingers.
 
Lost in the realm of the senses, inundated by the scent of him, the overwhelming knowledge that he wanted her—just her—Sydnie rose time and again, meeting him halfway, sheltering him as he sheltered her. Emotions converged deep within, creating a comforting sense of urgency. Every thrust of his hips spoke to her; every whisper, every beat of his heart. He rolled over, dragging her with her, and just for a moment, she huddled close to him, letting him cosset her in the warmth of his embrace. She sat up slowly, bracing her hands in the center of his chest. Golden eyes burning with the fierce light of possession, he uttered a clipped growl, and she nodded. Rising on her knees, she whimpered as he slipped out of her only to cry out as he jerked her hips back down again. Shockwaves pulsed through her. The thickness of him throbbing with a barely contained power. “Oh, God,” he mumbled, closing his eyes as though the sight of her was too much to bear. She whimpered softly, grasping his hands and placing them on her breasts. He squeezed them gently, tugging on them, encouraging her movements as she rocked against him. “Sydnie, baby . . . I . . .”
 
“My puppy,” she purred, eyes drifting closed as she ground her hips against his. “All mine . . .”
 
“F-forever,” he promised. “God, kitty . . . help me . . .”
 
She felt the tremors increasing in him. She couldn't quite help herself, though. The need that drove her was purely instinctual, goading her further, faster, harder. Bas pushed her aside, and she fell back, screaming his name as he hooked her leg behind the knee and drove into her hard. Sweat beaded on his forehead, streaked down his temples, his cheeks. Squeezing his eyes tight as he gritted his teeth, he thrust into her time and again. She purred, she cried, she moaned as he pushed her closer and closer to the edge. The unnerving ache that swelled inside her demanded much, much more than he was giving her. “Sebastian . . .”
 
He understood. Holding her hips, lifting her off the bed, he jerked her toward him as he plunged into her. Violent tremors shot through her with every thrust, and she dug her hands into the pillow as she cried out again, as her world exploded in a brilliant flash of pleasure. Bas' harsh growl joined her as the wicked sensation of a shattering orgasm rocked through him. The combined heartbeats throbbed together, punctuated by the ragged groans; the sweetest purring, and he collapsed on her; completely spent and wholly content.
 
Seconds ticked away, growing into long minutes as he rolled to the side, carrying Sydnie with him as he cradled her against his heart. His heart hammered at a dizzying pace under her fingertips, and she couldn't help the laugh that bubbled up and spilled over. In the quiet of the hotel room, she couldn't quite believe that he really was hers; that he'd be with her forever. He laughed, too, though his laughter was a little shaky. Kissing her forehead, he caught her hand and squeezed her fingers gently. “Forever, baby.”
 
She giggled and finally managed to open her eyes. “Forever? I like that.”
 
“Good.”
 
Sighing happily, she tugged his hair playfully as he kissed her forehead again. “So you really are my puppy,” she gloated.
 
“Hmm, yes, and you're my kitty.”
 
“And they can't separate us now?”
 
He grimaced at the trace amount of anxiety that she couldn't hide. “No, baby. I won't let them.”
 
Wiggling around so she could lean on her elbows, Sydnie nipped Bas' chin and grinned. “And that's it? We're mates now? Really?”
 
He nodded, his expression serious despite the amused glint in his eyes. “Yes, we're mates now, really.”
 
She couldn't help the smile that started small but spread over her features. “Mates . . .”
 
“Yep, you're stuck with me. Want some milk?”
 
She giggled, snuggling against his chest for a moment as she tried to comprehend the novel idea that he really was hers and hers alone. “I could force myself,” she allowed.
 
“Okay. Let me get some for you.”
 
She wrinkled her nose as he carefully extricated himself from her and scooted off the bed. Sydnie dropped onto the dampened pillows and smiled as she watched him go before heading for the bathroom to rinse herself off. Dampening a washcloth, she made quick work of the clean up before grabbing a clean cloth and running it under the tap for Bas. `My puppy . . .'
 
`Your mate.'
 
`Puppy will do,' she decided.
 
Her youkai voice sighed then chuckled. `Maybe it's the same thing?'
 
`Maybe,' she agreed noncommittally. `They can't separate us now . . . no one can separate us . . .'
 
Bas was whistling slightly off key as he strode back into the room with a glass of milk in one hand and his cell phone in the other.
 
“What's that for?” Sydnie demanded, eyeing the cell phone with obvious distrust.
 
“I should call Mom and Dad . . . let them know that we'll be there tomorrow,” he explained.
 
She reached over to snap it closed when he flipped it open to dial. “We just became mates, and you want to call your parents?” she complained with a hurt frown.
 
Bas grimaced and set the phone aside. “Okay, okay. You win, kitty.”
 
“Hrumph.”
 
“Here,” he said, slipping the glass into her hand. “Here's your milk.”
 
She took it and drank it down. He chuckled as he took the glass and set it on the nightstand beside the cell phone. “Thank you.”
 
Bas stretched out on his side, propping his head on his hand. “You're beautiful. Did you know that, kitty?”
 
She bit her lip and smiled a little shyly as she tucked a strand of hair behind her ears. “Am I?”
 
He nodded. “Yes.”
 
She wiped him clean, too, and dropped the cloth on the floor beside the bed before cuddling up against him, Sydnie let her fingertips trail along his hip, down the curve of his lower stomach, tracing the contours of his abdomen, tangling her fingers in the hair coarser hair between his legs. He shuddered as her fingers brushed against him. It jerked uncontrollably, and she giggled. “Do you want me again so soon, puppy?” she teased.
 
Bas chuckled huskily, flicking his thumb over her nipple. “I think I do.”
 
She grinned. “Just think,” she purred, grasping him firmly, rubbing her thumb over the head of his penis. He shivered. “Now you can tell everyone that you've got a pussy.”
 
He rolled over, pinning her against the mattress. “Can I?”
 
She nipped his bottom lip. “I insist.”
 
He kissed her gently, teasing her with the softest brush of his lips on hers. “If you don't stop, you'll be sorry,” he groaned, letting his forehead drop against hers.
 
“What's the matter? The big puppy can't control his urges?”
 
Bas groaned as Sydnie pushed him over onto his back before kneeling between his legs, staring unabashed at the length of him. Jerking wildly in her hands, he squeezed his eyes closed and dug his claws into the coverlet; muscles straining as he fought to control his body.
 
Sydnie stroked him gently; leaned in, flicking the tip of her tongue out along the rim of the head of his penis. He growled rather viciously. Sydnie giggled, her breath fanning over his skin in a ripple of moist air. Gripping him in both hands, she lowered her mouth over him slowly—painfully slowly. He sucked in his breath, thrust his hips toward her. She drew him in deeper, her cheeks collapsing as her lips tightened on his thickening shaft as her head slowly bobbed up and down; as her hair spilled over her shoulders onto his hips, onto his thighs. His fingers delved into her hair, tangled into the strands as she stroked him with her roughened tongue. He gasped and groaned, body quaking as she sucked harder, deeper.
 
The cell phone rang. Sydnie growled low in her throat. Bas ignored it, a deep scowl of concentration contorting his handsome features. Pulling away from him, Sydnie crawled over, shot a playful glance over her shoulder. “Come get it, puppy,” she purred.
 
Bas sat up with a frustrated growl as the cell phone rang again. Rolling to his knees, he moved in behind her, pushed her higher as he bent down, his tongue flicking out, parting the folds of skin between her legs. She gasped softly as he lay down and drew her open with his fingers. Mouth gently sucking, tongue running along the length of the opening, his fangs grazed against her as her body erupted in a riot of gooseflesh. The burn was back with a vengeance, and the fierce desire that ripped through her was rivaled only by the heat of his mouth as he invaded her; as he tore down her defenses. Catching the tiny bud between his lips, he kissed her deep, sucked her gently. The sensation was a beautiful torment; the raging fire that couldn't be ignored. She collapsed face down on the pillows. Bas held her up as she quivered around him. Unable to do more than revel in the absolute perfection of blissful sensation, she shook, she cried, body wracked in the insane web of pleasure that he spun around her.
 
She felt the bed shift, shivered as the heat of his mouth left her. Keening softly, her voice muffled in the down of the pillow, she whimpered, whined, protested the loss of his attention. Gasping as the thick head of his penis parted her folds of skin, she reared up, thrusting back against the welcome pressure. He met her halfway, growling viciously as he plunged into her. His hands dug into her hips but didn't hurt her. Reveling in the fullness, the completeness of his body, her growl rivaled his in the otherwise silent room.
 
The trill of the cell phone cut through the haze of desire that surrounded her. With a frustrated growl, Bas leaned to the side, slamming his fist down on the device and sending the crystal glass flying. The glass shattered somewhere in the distance as broken bits of plastic hit the floor. Sydnie almost laughed—until Bas slammed his hips against her ass.
 
The swell of need was too great; too powerful. Meeting the voraciousness of Bas' thrusts with her body, Sydnie couldn't stop the predatory noises that tumbled from her lips. The incredible fullness completed her, and yet the need grew larger, stronger, more consuming. Balancing on the edge of a precarious bliss, she trembled and shivered as he nipped her shoulder before leaning away to regain his leverage. Every nerve in her screamed for him; every fiber of her being ached desperately for the elusive tip of the precarious balance.
 
Closer, closer he drove her, his body crashing into hers in a fissure of heat and viscosity. Crying out his name, shattering the harsh breathing, the groans that bore a slight resemblance to words, Sydnie reared back as the tension in her body broke loose, and in the waning light, she felt herself coming undone.
 
Bas rasped out a savage growl; the instinctive sound of the inu-youkai. Slamming her back against him one last time, his body gave way to the spire of pleasure. His weight bore her down on the bed, and he cradled her close as he struggled to breathe. Sydnie half-laughed, half-sobbed, overcome by a feeling that both thrilled her and scared her. She loved him—really loved him . . .
 
And she knew that he loved her, too.
 
 
~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~ *~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~
A/N:
== == == == == == == == == ==
Reviewers
==========
MMorg
OROsan0677 ------ RisikaFox ------ Inu_sesshomaru_luver ------ serendith ------ adamile ------ xbitternessx ------ inuyashaloverr ------ GalacticFire ------ futekioosha
==========
Final Thought fromSydnie:
My puppy!
==========
Blanket disclaimer for this fanfic (will apply to this and all other chapters in Phantasm): I do not claim any rights to InuYasha or the characters associated with the anime/manga. Those rights belong to Rumiko Takahashi, et al. I do offer my thanks to her for creating such vivid characters for me to terrorize.
 
~Sue~