InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Purity ❯ Full Moon ( Chapter 51 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
~*~*~*~*~*~Lemon warning~*~*~*~*~*~

< i>Clean version of this chapter can be read here:
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/2011518/51/Purity

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

~~Chapter 51~~
~Full Moon~

"Happy birthday."

Kagome stared suspiciously at the big box sitting on the table, wrapped in bright paper. She glanced at InuYasha, who was rummaging around in the refrigerator. He got out the remnants of her birthday cake and set it on the counter. "Want some?" Shaking her head slowly, Kagome took a step closer to the present. "It won't bite," he pointed out as he dug into the cake without bothering with a plate or utensils.

"My birthday was yesterday," she said slowly, still unwilling to touch the box. "And you already gave me a gift."

"I can take that one back, if you don't want it."

She stared at the box for another minute. Then she slowly reached up and tore away the paper.

A plain brown cardboard box greeted her. She could feel InuYasha's eyes on her as he waited for her reaction. Why did she feel an unsettling sense of anticipation, as though whatever was in that box would change her life completely? Very carefully she opened the lid.

"What . . .?" She pulled packages of disposable diapers out of the box and stared at them, dumbfounded. "InuYasha?"

He kept his gaze on the cake and shrugged. "One thing, Kagome. I'm not changing those."

She smiled and set the bag of diapers on the table before slowly ambling over to InuYasha. "So . . . you're telling me you're ready to start a family? Now?"

He shrugged again. "Now . . . next month . . . month after that . . . Is there an expiration date on those diaper-things?"

It dawned on her, why he'd waited until today to give her that gift. "Tonight's the full moon," she commented softly.

His cheeks reddened a little but he raised his eyebrows to proclaim his innocence. "I hadn't noticed."

Kagome grinned unrepentantly.  "You're an awful actor, did I ever tell you? I noticed it months ago."

He lifted her and sat her on the counter. She broke off a piece of cake and offered it to him. He took it and licked the icing off her fingers. A distinct shiver ran up her spine. InuYasha was in a very playful mood . . .

"InuYasha . . . I know you've said you want children, and I'm glad . . . but are you absolutely sure? If you're not—"

He rolled his eyes but smiled just a little.  "I'm absolutely sure."

"Because if you're not, you can tell me. We don't have to hurry anything."

InuYasha dragged his claws idly up and down the sides of her legs. "You're the one who sounds like you're not sure," he remarked quietly. "Have you changed your mind?"

She squirmed. His claws tickled. "No, not at all."

"Toga wants us to have a son, did you know?"

"Toga does?" she echoed, trying to focus her attention on what he was saying instead of what he was doing. "When did he say this?"

"The day we got married. He said he wants more boys in the family."

In an effort to distract him, Kagome reached over and broke off another bite of cake. He let her feed him, again licking her fingers clean afterward.

The phone rang. Kagome leaned over and grabbed the cordless phone. "Izayoi."

"Yes, this is Sesshoumaru. Is that worthless brother of mine busy?"

Kagome smirked. If she didn't know better, she'd be scared that the two were going to beat each other senseless all over again. "Sure. Just a moment." She held the phone out to InuYasha. He stared at it like he thought it was about to bite him. "It's your brother, InuYasha, and be nice, for once."

"Keh!" he snorted. He took the phone and held it near his ear as he dragged Kagome forward and set her back on her feet.

She smiled to herself as she gathered up the diapers and headed down the hallway. They hadn't actually discussed which room would be the nursery. But she'd rather use the closest room for a baby, and she had a feeling that InuYasha wouldn't mind.

`The full moon . . . The one night, if we are together, we'll have a child—a pup. And he wants one . . .'

InuYasha stomped into the room with a fierce scowl on his features, a look she knew well from their time traveling together, searching for the shards. It was a look, however, that he hadn't had nearly as often since he'd been in her time, and most notably not since they'd been married. That he should be sporting it now, after his talk with Sesshoumaru, was telling.

"Sesshoumaru have anything interesting to say?" she asked in what she hoped was a casual tone.

"Keh!" he snorted, sinking down on the floor in his usual fashion. Kagome hid her amusement as she turned away, stacking the packages of diapers in the empty closet. "Just being his normal bastard self."

"InuYasha . . . if we're going to have children, don't you think you should stop calling their family members stuff like that?"

"I wouldn't if he wasn't one," InuYasha shot back then sighed. "I'm pretty sure that having a brother like Sesshoumaru is some sort of perverse retaliation for something I did wrong in a past life," he grumbled.

"Now you're being harsh." She knelt down beside him and rubbed his ear. His eyes drifted closed and the frown disappeared as he smiled almost dreamily and leaned into her touch. "Why did he really call?"

"To remind me that tonight's the full moon, as if I didn't know that already."

Kagome flushed. "I don't think I like how this works, InuYasha. I mean, everyone will know when we did . . . things . . ."

His eyes opened and he pinned her with a calculated stare. "And you don't think they know we've done things already?"

"Not like that," she countered as she felt her face grow even hotter. "But some things should stay private, just between us . . ."

He made a show of sighing, crossing his arms over his chest as he stood up and stalked over to the window. "If that's how you feel about it, I understand. It'll be harder to have pups that way, though."

If she'd had anything in her hand, she would have thrown it at him for his deliberate teasing. She straightened up and headed out of the room instead. "Well, it's getting late, and I'm tired. Night, InuYasha."

She didn't have to look to know that his ears were twitching. `One . . . two . . . thr—'

He scooped her up into his arms. She hid her smile against his shoulder as he carried her into the bedroom and set her down on the edge of the bed. Sometimes it was frightening, how well she knew him.

Still, she looked away as he started undressing. The familiar and pleasant heat sifted through her belly as she heard his clothes hitting the floor. She'd touched him more times than she could remember. She knew his body as well as she knew her own. Still, some things ran too deep. She'd never been able to stare at him without completely losing her composure. Now was no different.

InuYasha grinned as Kagome stared at the coverlet, hands folded together in her lap as she carefully averted her gaze away from him. He'd tried numerous times to get her to look at him. She wouldn't. He supposed her modesty was one of the things he adored about her. Still, it grated on his pride that she was so stubborn about it.

The dress she wore was one he'd gotten for her birthday. He sighed. He wanted to lunge at her. He held back. "Kagome, if you want to keep that dress you'd better take it off," he remarked casually enough.

She gasped softly and backed away in concern.

`At least she's looking at you,' the voice he'd come to recognize as that of his youkai-blood remarked.

InuYasha made a face.  `Shuddup.'

The infuriating voice laughed.

When he sat down on the edge of the bed, it was for her sake alone that he dragged the blanket over his hips, covering the one part of him that she never could look at without nearly crying in embarrassment. Why it would still be so, after nearly six months of marriage, he wasn't sure. Still, as much as it irritated him that she wouldn't look at him, it pleased him, too, that she was still as affected by him as he was by her.

"You wouldn't," she challenged. Then she sighed, likely realizing from past experiences that he would. He'd never meant to harm her, of course. But all too often he wanted her so desperately that he didn't give a damn that he tore many of her clothes in the removal process. She never cared until afterwards.

"I gave you fair warning this time," he remarked with a shrug. "I thought you liked that dress."

Her mouth fell open at his words. He didn't smile but it was a close thing. She pursed her lips in a show of disgust but slid off the bed and stalked out of the room.

When she reappeared a few minutes later, she was wearing a thin silk kimono-style robe, tightly belted and effectively hiding all of her skin. Unfortunately, the garment did little to conceal the curves he knew she had and actually accentuated them too damn well for his comfort. `Either she did that on purpose,' he thought with a slight growl, `or she really has no idea what she looks like to me.' He had a feeling it was the latter. "So you want that shredded, do you?"

"Would you rather that I walked around the house naked?" She flushed as soon as she realized what she had just implied.

InuYasha chuckled. "That'd be great, actually."

She sat down beside him, drawing her legs up beside her. Her knees peeked out of the crimson silk. He stared and reached out to drag his claws up her leg. She jerked at the tickling sensation but didn't move away. "You've never actually feared me, have you? Other than the once, that is?" He flinched, remembering her reaction to him when she'd regained her memories.

She gently turned his face to look at her and kissed him softly. "It wasn't that I feared you then. I think I feared my memories because I didn't understand them, and I didn't understand who you were to me. I'm sorry I hurt you then. You never let me say that."

He caught her hand and kissed the palm. "You didn't have a reason to say it, then or now. When I came through the well, everyone said you'd forgotten. I promised that I wouldn't do anything to jog your memory. No one knew why you'd forgotten, and they were afraid of what would happen if your memory was restored too quickly. I'm sorry I did that to you."

"I'm glad I remembered." She sighed and stared at her hands in her lap again. Then she smiled and quietly laughed.

InuYasha scowled.  "What's so funny?"

She shook her head and peered up at him through her eyelashes. His breath caught as her sparkling, fathomless eyes caught him. "I don't think I ever had a chance against you. The first time I saw you at school, I felt like I knew you, like I needed to be with you. I think I always knew, even when I couldn't remember why."

He didn't know what to say to that. Words seemed insignificant, not nearly powerful enough to show her what she made him feel. He reached for her instead, locking his hand around her head, drawing her forward as his mouth dropped over hers. She sighed but the sound was lost. Capturing her bottom lip, he nibbled, suckled, licked. She shivered against him, fell into him, asked him for support without saying a word.

Her head fell back; he trailed his mouth over her delicate flesh, tasted her skin, rested his lips against the flutter of her pulse. She held onto him as though she was afraid to let go. He reveled in her whimpers, adored her as she allowed him to dominate her. He pushed the robe from her shoulder. The whisper of silk fell away from her, and his mouth lowered, covering her breast as she arched against him, a guttural moan slipping from her lips. Her hands sank deep in his hair. He couldn't tell if she was holding him to her or trying to push him back.

Absently thanking Kagome's sensibilities, InuYasha made quick work of untying the belt that held the robe on her body. The robe fell open, and he shifted, his body covering hers. She pushed against him, asking him for the relief that she knew he'd freely give her. He didn't move.

He pushed her back against the bed, captured her wrists and pinned them above her head, deliberately taking his time as he tasted her. She whined, tugging at her hands. His grip tightened though not enough to hurt her. "InuYasha . . ."

He moved upward, resting his lips against her throat again, rumbling to her as though trying to calm her. It worked but didn't alleviate her desire to touch him. Truth was a bittersweet thing. If she touched him now, he'd die; he knew it.

Leaning on his elbows, staring down into her face. She looked like she was caught in the middle, somewhere between joy and desire. Frustration furrowed her brow. He kissed the lines away. "Are you sure?" he asked.

Kagome looked like she didn't understand what he was asking. She blinked slowly as coherence seeped back over her. Finally she nodded. "I'm sure, InuYasha."

Unable to do much more than nod, InuYasha stared at her for long moments while emotion overwhelmed him. Little things, unspoken words, promises they'd made . . . the whole of her soul that she freely gave him . . .

"Look at me, Kagome. Stay with me."

She opened her eyes. He could tell that she had to fight to do so. They closed for an instant as he slowly pushed into her. She gasped softly as her eyes snapped open only to fall half-closed again. He wanted to look into her eyes, into her heart and soul. He willed her to understand what he left unsaid.

Her body shuddered under his, as though she wanted to move against him, to give him back what he gave her. He nudged her closer and closer. In her eyes he could see how dangerously close she was to shattering, how precariously she balanced between want and need, between hunger and the satiation of the flesh. He felt her contract around him, an invisible hand that squeezed gently, that clung to him as he did to her.

There was something wholly different from the other times he'd claimed her. As though their bodies knew and understood, the intensity of the moment burst like the sun, splitting the clouds and shining on them with the light of true blessing.

She cried out words that weren't comprehended as he surged, given freely, taken willingly, and then returned in love.

He gathered her close, dragging her with him as he rolled aside. Kagome was both laughing and crying. He could smell her tears. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," she sniffled and laughed again. "Thank you."

It took him a moment to realize what she was thanking him for. When he did, he smiled.

He'd given her his child.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

< i>A/N:

FINAL VERSION.

Blanket disclaimer for this fanfic (will apply to this and all other chapters in Purity): I do not claim any rights to InuYasha or the characters associated with the anime/manga. Those rights belong to Rumiko Takahashi, et al. I do offer my thanks to her for creating such vivid characters for me to terrorize.

~Sue~