InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Rockstar ❯ Hanyou Memories: to forgive or forget ( Chapter 39 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 39: Hanyou Memories: to forgive or forget

Kagome winced when Yuri groaned as she applied more pressure to his wound. She sighed and finally decided to take the remains of his shirt and use that to bind the wound. She looked around for something sharp enough to cut the fabric so she wouldn’t have to move him. A small hand laid itself on hers and Kagome looked down at the fox kit.

“My claws are sharp. I can rip it for you.” he offered. Kagome smiled and nodded.

“Cut along the shoulder and sides. I don’t want to move him much.” Kagome instructed Shippo as the kit carefully ripped the fabric at the areas his mother told him to. Kagome pulled the front of the shirt and jumped back and hit her head on the roof of the car when Yuri grabbed her arm with his hand. Her head hurting Kagome, grabbed the sleeping man’s arm and pulled it off her wrist. She set the arm down and looked at the flawless skin up to his wrist. Curious she picked it up and looked at it closely. On the top of his wrist a small circular scar sat and underneath was the same small scar directly beneath the top one. “I wonder what happened. It’s like somebody put something through his wrist.” shaking off that feeling of familiarity she continued to pull the blood soaked shirt off of his chest. The wound on his chest had stopped bleeding and looked smaller than it was supposed to be with that amount of blood loss. She shook her head and used the cloth to wipe the blood that surrounded the wound until Yuri whimpered and clung to her arm. He pulled her down to his face and began to rub his face into her arm. Raising an eyebrow at him Kagome watched as he began to purr. ‘Purr? This man is purring?’ again she attempted to pull her arm out of his grasp but this time failed. ‘okay he’s supposed to be weak from blood loss, so why is he so strong?’ Kagome managed to twist her arm out of his grip and in the process she flipped back into the back seat. Shippo climbed into her lap and began laughing. “It’s not funny.” she said as she crossed her arms. In the front seat, Yuri began whimpering again.

“He almost sounds like a dog.” Shippo said as he looked back at the dark haired man. Kagome looked at her son and nodded. She yawned and slowly drifted off to sleep cursing her overuse of power. Shippo crawled under her shirt and curled into a little ball and fell asleep with the speed only little kids could have.

In the front seat Yuri began to whimper and twist in his sleep.

***InuYasha dream***

InuYasha woke up in a pure white room. “Okay I must have died.” he said in a broken voice.

“I’m glad you’re awake.” a male voice said from the corner of the room. InuYasha looked around and saw the various medical supplies that lined the room. He stopped looking when he caught sight of an uniformed yokai.

“Oh hell a hospital.” InuYasha said his instincts trying to take over and attack the Neko yokai that sat in front of him.

“Yes a hospital. What do you expect after that fire a month ago?” the neko said as he stood from the chair and moved closer to InuYasha. InuYasha couldn’t contain the growl that escaped and the neko smiled. “So it’s true you are a dog.”

“What do you want? And what fire a month ago? I was in one yesterday.” InuYasha said through clenched teeth. He winced in pain as he realized he was covered in severe burns.

“No you were in one a month ago. You’ve been out for a month, as your brother says, ‘he is healing, not dying. Unlike you cats I can smell death so get out of my hospital before I throw you out.’” the neko said in a bad imitation of Sesshomaru’s voice. “he looked quite funny standing there with a needle.”

“Why are you here?” InuYasha managed to growl.

“I was assigned to lead the case of the ‘Takahashi fire.’ that’s what the newspapers are calling it. Since this hospital don’t allow humans in normally I was sent to investigate what really happened.” the neko said.

“I don’t want to talk, go away.” InuYasha growled as a wave of pain went through his body.

“Sorry can’t unless a doctor orders it.” the neko said. InuYasha winced in pain as he felt another wave go through his body.

“Please leave.” InuYasha managed to say before a third wave of pain went through his body.

“You heard him. Leave.” a calm and clod voice said. InuYasha looked through watering eyes at his older half brother. The neko was alarmed he didn’t hear him and jumped.

“Yes sir!” the neko saluted him and left. Sesshomaru rolled his eyes and sat in the chair the neko was sitting in.

“InuYasha this is the first time in a month since that kid found you, that you’ve been able to talk. I hate to tell you but, Mother and father are both dead.” Sesshomaru said calmly.

“Dad wasn’t…ahhh” InuYasha moaned in pain as a seizure caused him to shake violently.

“InuYasha! It’s only a shock to the fact that your body has to restart. It’s okay!” Sesshomaru said as InuYasha began to scream in pain. Sesshomaru took a syringe out of his coat pocket and proceeded to inject the fluids into InuYasha’s blood stream.

“Dead.” InuYasha whispered as he fell into a sleep induced by drugs.

***End of Dream/flashback***

InuYasha awoke feeling cold. At first he couldn’t figure out why he was cold until he sat up and felt bare skin where his shirt was supposed to be. “What the?” he said as he picked up the blood-soaked shirt.

“InuYasha.” a pregnant woman murmured in her sleep. And InuYasha turned to look at her. InuYasha watched her sleep a while before he looked at his surroundings.

“Shit.” he said waking the woman. He was on a beach he hadn’t been on in more than a year and it looked exactly the same except for the ruins the car had nearly crashed in. “How did the car get here?” he asked more to himself as the car was sitting in the driveway of his old home.

“You passed out and it came here, Yuri are you okay?” Shippo asked as he came from beneath Kagome’s shirt. Shippo, the fox kit that Kagome, the woman adopted. ‘How did I know that?

“What my name’s not Yuri it’s,” InuYasha hesitated. He knew their names but not his, “InuYasha?” he said sure that was his name.

“You told us your names Yuri. Now you’re saying your name is InuYasha?” Kagome asked him.

“Why wouldn’t it be? This was the place I nearly died.” InuYasha said.

“You’re not InuYasha! InuYasha has silver hair and amber eyes. Your hair is darker and short and your eyes are violet. InuYasha would never cut his hair.” Kagome said.

“Wait short black hair? Oh my concealment spell.” InuYasha said as he removed the necklace.

“It is you.” Kagome gasped.

“Told you so. Who are you and why do I know your names?” InuYasha asked them.

“What?” Kagome asked her eyes filling with tears. “You don’t remember me?”

“No?” InuYasha said wondering what he did to make her cry. “Do you know Miroku? I haven’t seen him in a long time since that gig. And do I know you from that school I have to go to? Ryu?” InuYasha asked.

“that was five years ago!” Kagome said through her sobs.

“Five years ago?” InuYasha asked in disbelief.