InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Sacrificed ❯ Chapter 5

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Sacrificed
 
Chapter 5
 
Inuyasha woke to find himself tangled in womanly softness. Sometime during the wee hours of the morning, Kagome had turned to face him, and in doing so, the heavy, oversized robed he'd wrapped her in had opened up. And, being a virile man, his hands had sought out the curves of her body and were resting firmly against her narrow back.
 
He struggled to suppress a groan. He enjoyed women, he lusted after women, after all he was no virgin recluse. True, he often traveled a day or mores distance from his home in order to entertain these women, but surely he had more self control than a schoolboy.
 
And this girl was no more than a skinny, underfed, spoilt child! True, her physical condition was most likely caused by her holdings before Kouga transported her into Red Forest, but that had nothing to do with her argumentative disposition.
 
Slowly, Inuyasha began sliding his hands out of the velvet robe, praying Kagome wouldn't wake up. Just as he reached the tender skin under her arm, she let out a tiny moan and rolled away, moving his hand right over the peak of her breast. His breath caught in his throat as he felt the warm, silky flesh contrasting with the hardening nub beneath his palm. The sentiment was echoed by the rush of blood to his loins. Untangling himself, he flopped onto his back and struggled to get his arousal under control.
 
I refuse to be attracted to a stubborn, unagreeable, ragged…youngster!
 
Exiting the bed, he made his way to the pitcher and basin sitting beneath his window. While he washed, he thought of Kouga, his godfather. True, the man never cared for him after his birth, but according to his mother and father, the then Baron had been excited when initially approached with the question. Until he saw the creature birthed by the Countess. Then everything changed. His parents were murdered by the hands of the very villages they ruled over and protected, a revolt no doubt lead by the very man now holding the place of Count. But no one had dared enter Red Moor Castle itself. Its coffers were considered a loss, money from inheritance, gambling, and taxes supported Kouga's aristocracy rather than a royal title.
 
Careful to keep himself in shadow lest the sprite on the bed catch a glimpse of him in the morning light, he dressed and thought of his plans for the day. He'd have his one time nursemaid, now cook and housekeeper, check on the girl and feed her. She'd also be able to find something for her to wear and keep her occupied with something useful while he was going about his business. There weren't many people in his household, but those that were there all worked for their keep, himself included. If the girl was raised in a farming home, then she should be able to do some cooking and cleaning.
 
In the meantime, he needed to go into one of the larger towns and do some shopping and trading. With another mouth to feed, supplies were going to be stretched thin. He'd intended to send the young boy in his care into the village, but with Kagome's arrival, that plan would have to be changed. No doubt the villagers would be looking for any signs of the girl stumbling out of the woods, bloody and beaten.
 
He stoked the fire and cast one last glance at the small figure huddled on the bed. Perhaps he'd send Shippou to wake her after breakfast. Get the boy to run off some of his endless energy before having him accompany him on the outing. Smirking at the image of Kagome's reaction to being awoken by a half-wild ginger-haired seven year old, Inuyasha make his way to the kitchens and breakfast.