InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Scar Tissue ❯ Umm...Oops...? ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 4!! I'm on a roll…Yay!!! Well…hopefully I'm keeping readers happy with my fic so far…I don't wanna rush it...but I think a lil' more fluff here could be good…so….I guess this'll be a fluffy squishy chapter unless I make it a lil' less as I write…Ya never really know…I write these on a whim….hmm…oh well…..Here it goes!!!

Disclaimer: InuYasha's Not mine….but I can dream can't I?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dinner went pretty much the same way breakfast did that morning. Kagome squealed and ate all her food like a pig. InuYasha just stared as she ate. He was starting to wonder when her last real meal really was, excluding breakfast earlier.
His thoughts were interrupted as he heard Kagome speaking to him.

"Did you hear me?"

"What? No. Sorry. What'd you say?"

"I was asking if you were alright. You're looking kinda…distant. And you've hardly eaten." Kagome's face expressed slight worry.

InuYasha smiled, "Just because I don't shovel food into my mouth a mile a minute doesn't mean I've hardly eaten. But, if it'll make you feel better…"

InuYasha began dumping the contents of his plate into his mouth and making exaggerated noises in an attempt to mock her.

Kagome blushed, "Well…If you have a problem with the way I eat…you could just say so." She looked down at her fidgeting hands in her lap.

"No, I think it's cute.", InuYasha laughed as the blush staining her cheeks became a shade deeper. 'Since when am I this bold and cheerful?' he thought as he watched her eat the rest of her food at a slower pace. He stared at her face as she tried not to look up at him. Her fair skin went well with the blue top she was wearing and contrasted nicely with her shiny black hair. 'WAIT! Since when do I notice these things…I'm getting soft.' he turned his head away from her only to look back a moment later. His eyes softened as he watched her slender, delicate finger grasp her glass and bring it up to her lips. He then decided to finish his meal. He could always stare at her later as she slept.

*~*~*~*~*

As InuYasha washed dishes in the kitchen, he could hear Kagome laughing hysterically at some stupid TV show. She had the television turned up loud, again, and as much as he enjoyed the sound of her light laughter, the volume of the TV was starting to hurt his ears. He flattened his ears to his head as he began to yell at her from the kitchen door.

"Do you HAVE to be so loud?!?! Turn it the hell down some. I'm going deaf in here!"

He heard the volume decrease, but her laughter didn't cease. 'Well…', he thought to himself, 'it's better than nothing.'

After putting the last of the dishes away, he walked into the living room to find Kagome channel surfing with a bored look on her face. He smiled as he stepped into her line of sight and was happy to see her lose interest in the channels.

"C'mon. Time for a bath and then bed. I'm getting sleepy. You first or me?"

Kagome stood up slowly and stretched for a second as she pondered his question.

"Me."

"Ok then.", he smiled as he led her up the stairs and back to the bedroom.



Once in the room, Kagome went though the bags InuYasha brought for her so that she could change in the bathroom.
Among the suds, she began to think back on the past few days. InuYasha had been a lot nicer to her than anyone else she had encountered had ever been. Even Derrick.

"Especially Derrick!", she said with disgust as she plunged underneath the sea of foam and into the welcoming warmth of the water.
'It's strange though,' she thought underwater, 'We've only know each other for two days, but I feel……..I don't even know how I feel towards him. I think I like him, but that's irrational. I've only know him for these past two days. But he's made me feel…so differently than anyone else has ever made me feel.'

She came back up with a gasp for air and slowly started to catch her breath as she lowered her shoulders into the water.

"I don't know", she murmured as she began to raise herself out of the water. She reached for the stack of towels and proceeded to dry herself off.
Once she was dry and dressed in the red satin night shirt InuYasha had bought for her, she exited the bathroom to find InuYasha dozing comfortably on the bed. He had is hands behind his head and his legs crossed at he ankles and a peaceful look on his face. She almost didn't have the heart to wake him, but found it might be more entertaining if she did.

She crawled as quietly as she could onto the bed and next to InuYasha. She took one ear in each hand and began to stroke them softly so as not to scare him, but to rouse him out of his slumber. His face relaxed as he started to growl softly in the back of his throat. It was low and quiet and sounded almost like purring. Kagome smiled warmly as she continued to stroke his ears, applying light pressure in a few different spots every few seconds.

'Yeah. It's the ears.' she thought as she stared at his sleeping face.

She slowed her rubbing down to light, feather touches as she noticed him begin to awaken. She removed her hands as he started to stretch and wake himself up. He gave her a sleepy smile as he started to sit up.

"That felt good. Thanks." He stood up and made his way towards the bathroom.

Kagome felt a light heat run to her cheeks as she watched his retreating form enter the bathroom and shut the door behind him. She decided to look around the room they now shared to keep her busy while InuYasha took his bath.


Fifteen minutes later, InuYasha emerged in red satin pants and a towel wrapped around dripping hair atop his head. He removed the towel and shook the excess water out of his hair.

'He looks like a dog.' Kagome thought before she was hit with water and started yelling "Hey! Be careful with that. I already had my bath."

"Sorry." He said as he made his way to lay down next to her on the bed. "So…Tell me about yourself."

Kagome smiled as she stared at his exposed chest. He was lean yet still muscular. His chest, back, shoulders, and arms were lightly bronzed and still slightly moist from his shower. His silver hair hung around his shoulders and down his back, framing his masculine face beautifully in silver falls.

"My favorite color is green and my favorite food is Oden."

InuYasha smiled at her and started to laugh, "Ok…Funny. My favorite food is ramen."

"What?!?! I used to eat ramen in my apartment. You're living in this gigantic loft and your favorite food is plain old ramen? I'd expect something exotic and foreign with a funny name that's hard to pronounce."

He started laughing hysterically at her sudden outburst, "Sometimes, some of the best things are the simplest."

InuYasha watched as Kagome's face contorted as she absorbed this new information.

"Well, at least it will be easy to cook for you," Kagome smiled at him.

"I never really was very picky. So, tell me more about yourself. Like….why were you snoopin' around my brother's apartment in the middle of the night?"

Kagome's face paled slightly as he stared at her, obviously expecting an answer. She didn't want to tell him now. She wasn't ready to tell him her entire story. He may not want her anymore if he knew about her past. She racked her brain to think of some way to change the subject. Her gaze fell to his lips. Watching his tongue dart out quickly to moisten his chapped lips gave her an idea.

Just as quick as the idea entered her head, she began to execute it as she quickly leaned forward and captured his lips with her own.

InuYasha's eyes widened as he felt Kagome's lips press against his, but he soon leaned into the kiss and placed a hand on her cheek.

Kagome only meant for the kiss to be a distraction, but quickly found herself enjoying the feel of InuYasha's lips against her own.
InuYasha increased the pressure and ran his tongue along Kagome's lips to deepen the kiss. Just as she was about to part her lips, she realized what was happening and quickly pulled away. A deep blush colored her face as she averted InuYasha's questioning eyes.

"Umm...sorry. I don't know what came over me. Sorry. Sorry." She continued to avoid eye contact.

InuYasha smiled at her blushing face and returned to his relaxed position, "It's all right. Go ahead and go to sleep. Don't worry about it."

Kagome followed his command and buried herself under the covers on her side of the bed. Her mind was racing as she lay with her back to InuYasha.

'I hope I didn't make him angry,' she thought as she started to fall asleep, 'I couldn't stand it if he stopped talking to me. Or worse, if he kicked me out. Oh! What have I done?!?'