InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ She Who the Prophecy Foretold ❯ A Demon, a Hanyou, and a Miko Walk into a Spring ( Chapter 32 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 32 - A Demon, a Hanyou, and a Miko Walk into a Spring 
 
      They had both felt the approach of the small group but had been surprised when just Kagome and a tiny Kazue came through the path. Neither had said anything and neither did she as she set down her things, unwrapped mokomoko and carefully set it on the ground as well, and slid into the water between them. Silence filled the steamy air as both brothers realized that they were completely naked in the spring with an only partially dressed Kagome. A far-away look slipped into two sets of golden eyes as they both imagined just what could happen. Of course in their minds the other was definitely not present. When no one said anything Kagome moved out to the middle and turned around to look at them both. It wasn't until that moment that she realized the situation she had just put herself in. They were naked! A deep red blush spread across her cheeks and down her throat. She shook her head quickly to clear any wandering thoughts to remember why she was there in the first place.  
 
      “Guys?” She waited until she had their attention before continuing. “I'm sorry I left you. I just…you both looked so…” 
 
      It was Sesshoumaru who spoke first. “You do not need to apologize, Kagome. We both expected that you would be upset. If we could have avoided the battle we would have. You must know this. We did not wish to hurt you and this Sesshoumaru is deeply sorry for forcing you to witness such.” 
 
      Inuyasha looked at his brother for a moment before he turned back to Kagome. “Yeah, what he said. But what in the hell are you doing here, wench?” Sesshoumaru frowned at the phrasing but he had been wondering the same thing.  
 
      “The kids told me you were here…and that you sent them away. I was worried. You're both pretty badly injured, even with your demon healing. And you are covered in open wounds that are full of dirt. There is no way you could take care of this yourselves. Why did you send them away? Miroku and the boys would have helped you.” Kagome gave them a look that demanded an answer.  
 
      “I didn't want the damn monk here trying to fuck with me. And the boys, they don't need to be involved in this.”  
 
      “Wow, Inuyasha, how…caring…of you.” Kagome was surprised. She hadn't expected that from him. “Well, you aren't sending me away. I've got soap and shampoo to get all that dirt and grass and germs off of you, and then antiseptic and bandages too. You especially, Inuyasha. You've got poison in the wounds on your chest and back and I need to flush them out. And some of the big gashes might need to be sewn back together too! You did too much damage to each other for me to heal it all so you're going to have to make due with first aid and your own healing.” 
 
      “Are you trying to say that you're gonna bathe us, wench?” Inuyasha was blushing now. Sure, she had cleaned his wounds and bandaged him lots of times but he had never been completely naked in front of her. And his damn brother was there too! She intended to touch the great demon lord? Hah! Like he would allow that. But then there was that thing earlier. Inuyasha shook his head trying to remove the image of his aroused brother from his minds eye. Maybe Sesshoumaru would allow her to after all.  
 
      Kagome looked Sesshoumaru dead in the eyes. “Yes, I fully intend to help each of you bathe, clean your wounds, and get you bandaged up. And no one is going to complain about it, right?” Her eyes held a challenge, expecting Sesshoumaru to protest such close contact with her but he had absolutely no intention of doing so. She was welcome to touch him in any way any where at any time. Like he would complain?! More like he had dreamt of such situations. Of course, his brother hadn't been involved, but sometimes you have to take what you can get.  
 
      Inuyasha only let out a nervous, “Keh,” at the miko before looking away, trying to control the blood rushing to his face and…well, you know.  
 
      Kagome looked them both over for a minute, trying to decide who needed her help first. She eventually decided on Inuyasha since it would take him longer to heal and he had the poison to deal with. She put out her arm and pointed at him before motioning him over with her index finger. Reluctantly he moved towards her while making sure that the water level covered anything especially important. He had never been completely naked in front of a woman before, and the closest he had gotten was with Kikyo, the memory of which still threatened to make him hurl. She made him turn then and looked over his back. It looked like Sesshoumaru had been planning on playing tic-tac-toe later, as the cuts made a perfect pattern of squares. She put her hands gently on his shoulders and said “Dunk.” He obeyed, slipping under the water, staying under for a moment as she moved his hair around, trying to get the worst of it loose. When he rose again, she herded him back to where he had been seated but this time she sat first and had him sit before her. Reaching for her things, she grabbed a wash cloth and, after throwing his hair over one shoulder, began to clean out the long gashes that lined his back. Once she had them as clean as possible and they had stopped sizzling, she pulled out the antibacterial soap and washed his whole back gently, grimacing when he hissed in pain.  
 
      When she had finished washing his back she grabbed the bottle of shampoo and washed his hair carefully, paying extra attention around his cute puppy ears that she loved so much, making sure not to hurt them. She had him rinse and then she had to repeat the wash, as his hair still held a red tinge to it. After a quick conditioning, she then moved on to clean the wounds on his chest and arms, even carefully washing his face. “Do you have any wounds on your legs, Inuyasha?”  
 
      “No, wench, the legs are fine. Are you done yet?” He was in a hurry to get this over with. At first he had thought he would enjoy it, but it was just too weird to be naked in a hot spring with Kagome and his naked brother. No, definitely too weird to enjoy. Just one more experience to add to his list of `not as he had imagined' events. 
 
      “In a minute. Here, wash your lower half for me. I'll turn around. Then when you're done, grab the towel I'm putting here on the edge and come out. Wrap the towel around your waist, okay?” 
 
      “Are you kidding me? You want me to come out of here, naked, while you're standing right there?” 
 
      “Oh, come on, Inuyasha. Don't be such a baby!” She shot a smirk at Sesshoumaru who had been watching with a mixture of jealousy and anticipation. She then lifted her wet body out of the water, her soaked white t-shirt clinging tightly to her form, clearly showing the faded red bikini below. She faced the forest with her eyes closed for extra insurance, waiting for the sound of Inuyasha exiting the spring.  
 
      Once he had, and covered himself with the towel he called to her. “Alright, wench, I'm out!” He watched as she lay out a sheet she had brought and told him to sit on it. She toweled off his upper half before proceeding to add antiseptic and bandages where needed. He ended up with his whole torso wrapped in white as it was the only way to fully cover the wounds on his back and chest. Thankfully she hadn't felt that any needed stitching, but the wider ones she had held closed with steri-strips. All the while, Kagome felt Sesshoumaru's eyes on her and she started to wonder what in the hell was so interesting.  
 
      “Okay, Inuyasha you're all done. Where are your pants, anyway?” 
 
      “The monk took them. Said he would have Sango wash them. I think he just wanted me to be stuck here naked.” Inuyasha was relieved to finally be done. 
 
      “Well then go on back to camp with the towel on. I have more.” He turned and looked at her like she was crazy. “Go on now! It's gonna take me just as long on your brother and you know you don't want to wait. Ask Sango to make you some ramen. Oh, wait. What about you, Sesshoumaru? Your pants were ruined.”  
 
      “Inuyasha, please tell Jaken to give a new set of clothes to Kazue to bring back. He will know where they are.” 
 
      Inuyasha grumbled but did as he was told. After all, he was no longer in charge so he couldn't order Kagome around unless Sesshoumaru gave him permission or left him in charge temporarily. He didn't like leaving her alone with his brother. He still didn't trust him and he was sure he was up to something and that something had to do with her. Kazue followed after the hanyou as he stomped back to camp. Suddenly Kagome realized that she was now completely alone with a naked Sesshoumaru. Once again bad thoughts flooded her mind but she immediately forced them back down. She needed to get him cleaned up and bandaged. Now was not the time for silly fantasies.  
 
      Sesshoumaru was currently thinking the same thing, or at least the first part. He, on the other hand, thought now was a wonderful time for fantasies and he sat, distracted, waiting for her to join him back in the water.  
 
      She was getting uncomfortable in the big wet shirt and it had been getting in the way floating around when she had been working on Inuyasha so she decided to ditch it and pulled it over her head, tossing it with a splat to the ground. She then slipped silently into the water and moved in front of Sesshoumaru, taking in his expression which very clearly said `lost in happy thoughts'. She waited a moment and when he still had not focused on her she decided to get his attention. “Sess-sho-ma-ru,” she said in a soft sing-song voice. “Oh, Sess-sho-ma-ru! Are you in there?” 
 
      He didn't hear her. He was too busy envisioning her calling his name in an entirely different way. Seeing that she had gotten no response she slid through the water until she was standing right in front of him. When he still had not registered her presence she reached out her hand and…poked him. His eyes instantly cleared and then crossed, trying to focus on the index finger still touching the very tip of his nose. “What… exactly… are you doing, Kagome?” He watched as she pulled back her finger and his eyes uncrossed.  
 
      “Trying to figure out just where your brain was a minute ago.” At her words he was nearly pulled back into his fantasy but he managed to fight it and stay with her. “So, are you ready?” He nodded slowly. “Then come on out here and dunk so I can start getting all this muck out of your beautiful hair.” She held out her hand to him and he took it, allowing her to lead him to the center of the spring. At her instruction he turned and slipped under the surface relishing in the feel of her fingers in his hair. When he came up she led him back to the edge as she had his brother. It was then that he noticed her change in apparel. She was no longer covered in the large white shirt but instead only by small swatches of pinkish fabric, leaving the swell of her breasts exposed, as well as her entire stomach, her neck and shoulders, and just about everything else except what the small triangles and strings covered. He wondered just how much her lower half was covered by, as it remained hidden from him by the water.  
 
      She sat on the ledge and he sat in front of her, feeling her spread thighs brush his sides slightly which sent a tingle rushing from his skin to spread throughout his entire body. He was really going to enjoy this. “I'm gonna do your hair first since your back is pretty good. There's so much of it though, so I'm probably gonna have to do it a couple of times. I can't believe how dirty it is!” She then reached for the bottle and filled her hand with a huge amount of shampoo. As she worked the shampoo through his hair her fingers massaged his scalp causing him to tilt his head back and more into her hands, a purr-like growl escaping him. “Oh, so you like that too, huh?”  
 
      “Harder,” was all he managed to slip out between purrs. She increased the pressure of her fingertips, running her short fingernails along his scalp. She knew she had done well as the purr increased in volume. She continued to work the lather through, eventually leaving the scalp and moving down the length of his silver locks. After a quick rinse she started again, this time focusing more on the ends which caused her hands and wrists to brush ever so lightly against his back from time to time. While she washed she decided to finally ask him about the fur. “Sesshoumaru, the fur boa thingie you wear, mokomoko you called it, right? What is it?”  
 
      It was fairly hard for him to form words while she continued her ministrations but he forced himself to focus for a minute. “Mokomoko is an extension of myself. Being a taiyoukai I have a massive amount of power and it is too much to be contained by this humanoid form.” He tilted his head back and purred again for a moment before regaining his focus. “Mokomoko holds the excess youki when I am in this form.”  
 
      “Oh. Okay. Rinse for me.” When he had resurfaced she continued. “But how does it move?” 
 
      “It is like another appendage. I can move it as I would an arm or leg even though it is not physically connected to me.”  
 
      “But it was moving when you weren't paying any attention, during the fight, and then later when I was in the forest.” 
 
      “It has a mind of its own as well. If I am not controlling it, it can move of its own accord. I assume it was trying to console you when you were upset?” 
 
      “Rinse again.” She then moved on to the conditioner, running her fingers through the full length of his hair, carefully removing any remaining snags while just taking in the gorgeous silver length. “Yeah, that's what it seemed like. I've never heard of anything like that before.” 
 
      “There are not many taiyoukai and each has their preferred method of storing their excess youki. It does not have to be like mokomoko. There are many options. Mmmmm.” She was humoring him with one more scalp rub and once again he could not hold back the sound of pleasure.  
 
      “Alright, now the conditioner is a little harder to rinse so it'll take a bit longer.” He slipped under the water and she helped him rinse the slippery goo from his hair.  
 
      She then pushed the mass of hair over his right shoulder and gently washed his back as he savored the feel of cloth she held in one hand and her other bare as they both slid softly over his skin starting a whole new set of tingles. She slid out from behind him, more of her tantalizingly soft flesh gliding along his own. She washed his right arm and then his chest, taking extra care over the slashes that lined it. As she reached to wash what remained of his left arm, though, he tensed. Ever since he had lost his arm he had viewed the stump that remained as a constant reminder of his failure. Sensing his discomfort she placed her right hand over his heart and used her left to move his face so he would look at her. “Sesshoumaru?” 
 
      He closed his eyes to avoid her gaze but opened them again as her left hand slid up from his chin to the side of his face in one smooth movement. He held her gaze as her fingertips traced the lines that graced his cheek. “There is nothing for you to feel bad about. This,” she paused as she moved her right hand from over his heart up to his shoulder and down what remained of his left arm, stopping just above where it did. “This is nothing to be ashamed of, nothing you need to hide. Losing your arm has never slowed you down. And it doesn't make you any less perfect.” 
 
      His voice was merely a whisper. “Are you saying that you are not disgusted by this?” He motioned towards his left with his right hand which then found a place to rest on the curve of her hip feeling nearly all bare skin interrupted only by a thin strip of fabric that held the bottom piece together.  
 
      “Of course not. Why would you think that?” 
 
      At hearing her reassuring word his hand slid from her hip around her back pulling her to him through the water until she had spread her legs with her knees resting on either side of his legs and her ass floating just above his knees. He had forgotten, though, about the long, deep cuts Inuyasha had inflicted on his right thigh. He had fought the grimace as her leg brushed his but she had caught it anyway.  
 
      “Sesshoumaru, your leg!” She squirmed in his hold, trying to get off of him. “Let me go. I'm hurting you!” 
 
      “I refuse. Stop struggling and I will be fine.” She stilled and he relaxed, still keeping his hand on the small of her back. “Kagome, did you mean that?” 
 
      “Mean what? That your arm doesn't bother me? Of course I mean it. Right now you do not look any less than perfect.” She paused for a minute, looking into his eyes. “Oh, except for this.” She reached her right hand forward and he watched as her fingertips approached his face. “You've got a cut, right here.” She called her healing powers that rose into her index finger which she slid along the imperfection on his left cheek, healing it instantly. Just that small touch was enough and he found himself once again showing appreciation for her powers in his own special way. Thankfully she was sitting far enough back to not have noticed so far.  
 
      “That is the only imperfection you see? Do the rest of the wounds not matter?” She failed to notice but he had not, just how comfortable she seemed even in this position and with him completely undressed. Just one more win for his column, one more hint that maybe she would allow him to court her if only he could find some way to ask. 
 
      “Not when I'm looking at you like this. Besides, we both know that they will probably all be healed by morning. What I want to know is why you would think your arm was disgusting. What gave you that idea?” 
 
      He didn't answer at first, trying to figure out exactly how to word it. Eventually he decided there was no good way and just said it. “There are times when people forget just how strong my hearing is.” 
 
      “You mean you heard someone say that about your arm? Who would be stupid enough to say anything against you?” Her left hand still continued to stroke his right cheek and her right had moved back down from his face to slide slowly up and down the length of what remained of the cause of the current conversation. 
 
      “There are youkai who believe they are as strong as if not stronger than this Sesshoumaru and do not feel the need to watch their words. Others simply believe they are safe from reprisal.” He paused, debating whether to continue or not. “Including the bitches that carried my sons.” She let out a little gasp and his hand started to gently move up and down her back, fingertips sliding ever so softly. He breathed her in deeply and went on. “This Sesshoumaru overheard the three of them talking about it. They said that they thought it was disgusting, made their skin crawl, and that it made me look weak. It is truly a symbol of my weakness as it is a constant reminder that I was defeated by my little brother.” 
 
      “Well, I guess it's a good thing their opinions don't matter, right? I don't think it makes you look weak. Yes, it is a reminder of the battle but losing does not make you weak. You are the strongest youkai I have met yet. And you still kick ass without it, right?” She grinned at him. “You did just kick Inuyasha's ass, or were you watching a different fight than I was? You have nothing to be ashamed of. And you don't have to worry about things like that from me, I promise. It doesn't bother me a bit. So, are you alright with me washing your arm then? If you don't want me to I'll understand.” 
 
      “No, it's fine. Thank you, Kagome, for all your help.” He allowed her to wash his arm and then regretfully released her and stood at her request. She very carefully cleaned out the claw marks on his side, trying to keep her eyes from straying to where the water lapped at the curve of his hips which were graced with markings she hadn't seen before, further accenting his perfection. She went back to his chest, this time lathering the soap on her hands before she indulged herself under the guise of cleaning the wounds there once again. She slid her hands over his sculpted chest and stomach, outlining the perfectly formed muscles. It was quickly looking to be one of those moments in life that she never wanted to forget. He too had been enjoying her explorations, reveling in the soft, intimate caress and was disappointed when she stopped.  
 
      “Dunk and rinse off for me. Then we have to figure out how I'm going to work on your leg. I need to check those cuts because I have a feeling they are pretty bad.” He slipped under the water, this time opening his eyes. They nearly escaped from his head when he saw what covered her bottom half. Then she turned away from him and he almost drowned. He had never seen such an arousing sight in his life as her creamy soft skin barely covered with the small pink triangles of thin fabric that clung tightly to her and left very little to the imagination.  
 
      When he came up for air he was coughing, trying to remove the water that he had inhaled in his surprise. She looked at him, worried, but he shook his head. When he could speak again he had to ask. “What is it that you are wearing? This Sesshoumaru has never seen anything quite like it.” 
 
      She giggled at him. “It's my bathing suit. Girls wear them to swim in my time. I learned pretty quickly that a private bath is very unlikely to happen here, so I got one to wear during my bath. That way, if I'm attacked I don't have to fight or run through the woods naked, or worse be rescued by Inuyasha and Miroku naked. I picked a smaller one so I could wash better. They make ones that cover your whole stomach and back, but that would defeat my purpose. Why? Do you like it?” She knew he did just from the look he had given her, but she just had to ask. She wanted to see what he would say. 
 
      He didn't know what to say. Yes, he most definitely liked it, but should he tell her that?  
 
      She laughed at his delay in answering. “Don't think about it too hard, now. This one is old anyway. I got a new one when I was home last time and I'll be bringing it with me when I come back after exams.” 
 
      “And will the new one be similar to this one?” Oh, Kami he hoped so. If not maybe she would allow him to do a little altering?  
 
      “You'll just have to wait and see. But then, I don't expect us to be sharing baths very often.” 
 
      “And why not? This Sesshoumaru quite enjoyed you washing my hair. It is difficult to do so myself. Perhaps you would like to take your baths with me from now on?” He had that playful glint in his eyes again and she didn't miss it for a second. 
 
      “I don't know. I suppose I could, but what would the others think?” She could barely hold in her giggles. “Not that I mind the view or anything.” 
 
      “Neither do I.” She blushed at this before waving her hand at him. “That's enough now. Down boy!” She giggled even harder as his eyes narrowed. “What? I need to take a look at those cuts on your leg.” 
 
      Realizing what that would mean, Sesshoumaru immediately tried to get his boy to go down as she had put it. `Think, think, think! She can't see me like this! Ummm…Naraku… Kikyo…Naraku with Kikyo…Damn it! It's not working! Oh, Jaken! Jaken in a kimono… Jaken naked.' He shuddered in disgust at the thought. `Yeah, that did it. Thank Kami for Jaken naked. Wait, no, I didn't just think that.'  
 
      While he had been doing the equivalent of thinking about baseball she had grabbed her discarded shirt, swishing it around to get the dirt that had clung to the wet fabric off. When she looked back at him he again looked far away, but this time it didn't look like happy thoughts. It looked almost as if he had just bit into a lemon or something. “Sesshoumaru?” When he looked back at her she continued. “Okay, I want you to sit on the edge of the spring there on that towel. Then put this over your…um…yeah. Just use this to cover yourself but keep the wounds as exposed as possible.” She handed him the shirt and turned around. He did as she asked; covering what he was blessed with, thanking the Kamis that he had managed to get rid of his arousal while simultaneously begging that it stay that way.  
 
      “This Sesshoumaru is ready.”
 
 
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
 
Thanks goes to Coffee Flavored Fate for helping me with the revisions. You're Awesome!