InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ She Who the Prophecy Foretold ❯ Voices in My Head ( Chapter 57 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 57 - Voices In My Head
 
 
Kagome's eyes widened. This guy just couldn't take a hint. She was sitting right in front of him holding another guy's hand and he still asks her out? Damn it! How could she make this any more obvious? She let go of Sesshoumaru's hand which caused the demon lord to take his eyes of his prey (read Hojo) and look at her in question.
 
Sesshoumaru was upset which wasn't something he was used to at all. Today was turning out to be a very stressful day, what with visiting a place you've never been that just happens to be 500 years away from what you're used to, meeting the family of the woman you want to mate, being overwhelmed with strange objects you don't understand, and now this. Now there was a boy, yes most definitely a boy, not a man, who was showing interest in his intended, his Kagome! While he didn't know what a `date' was he didn't have to. He could tell by the scent of the boy that he was nervous and slightly aroused, along with the gift and mention of a walk in a `park' or dinner. It sounded to him like the boy was attempting to court her! He had almost lost control and throttled the boy within an inch of his life but Kagome had saved him when she took hold of his hand. When she let go he didn't know what to do. His confusion didn't last long though.
 
Kagome pushed against Sesshoumaru's chest a bit, forcing his back against the back of the couch. Of course, he allowed her to move him otherwise he wouldn't have budged. Then she literally crawled up into his lap which made him very happy. Then she reached for the folder the boy had been holding out to her. Now he was upset again. Was she only in his lap so that she could reach the `notes'? His question was answered when she shifted around a bit so her ass was more to the right side while her legs lay over his, her feet dangling over the edge of the couch. She leaned back into his chest and he found his arm automatically wrapping around her waist in a very possessive hold. He held his prize tightly to his body and his growl shifted into a purr, the sound of which nearly made her melt right there.
 
`I told you our mate had no interest in the human boy,' he said to his beast in a rather chastising tone, mentally of course. The beast should have known by now that she was his alone and that she was not only aware but agreed wholeheartedly. The beast growled at him but remained otherwise silent.
 
Once she was comfortable, which she took her good sweet time doing, she turned her attention once more to Hojo, who was standing there staring at her with a befuddled look on his face. If she had looked she would have seen Souta with a similar look as he had no idea that she and Sesshoumaru were together.
 
“Thanks so much for the notes, Hojo. I really appreciate the thought and all the time you put into it, but I can't…”
 
Hojo cut her off, as if he sensed the upcoming rejection. “You should know by now that I would do anything for you Higurashi. I'm sorry but I really should be going. I promised mother I would help her in the shop this afternoon after I visited you.” Kagome moved to get up and walk him to the door but Hojo and Sesshoumaru both stopped her at the same time. Sesshoumaru refused to release his hold on her while Hojo spoke. “You don't need to get up. You should conserve your energy so you can get better faster. I can show myself out.”
 
Kagome sat in stunned silence for a minute before shifting so she could look at Sesshoumaru. When she couldn't find a comfortable position he slid his hand under her ass and lifted her, lowering her so that she straddled his legs and could look at him directly. When he was finished though, he did not remove his hand. Maybe he was really turning into the monk. Souta continued to stare at them in shocked silence.
 
Kagome decided she should try to explain. He deserved to know what had just happened and she owed him an apology. She should have just come out and told Hojo that she was seeing Sesshoumaru but she was so used to making excuses she didn't even think of the obvious until now. “Sesshoumaru? That was Hojo. Do you remember when I showed you my birthday? The boy I danced with? I told you about how he's always asking me out but I'm not interested and he just doesn't get it. He's not a threat to you, I promise. He could never compare to you.”
 
He smiled a genuine smile at her words. “What about the gifts? I cannot smell an illness on you.”
 
“That's a long and embarrassing story. It's all Gramp's fault. He is always telling the school I'm sick with some horrible disease or another as an excuse for why I miss so much school. And Hojo always finds it necessary to bring me some cure or another. I'm sorry. I should have just told him that I'm with you but I'm so used to making excuses. Do you forgive me?”
 
He smirked at her. “What will you do for this Sesshoumaru to obtain my forgiveness?”
 
She leaned in close and softly pressed her lips to his. He was pleasantly surprised when she opened her lips slightly and trailed her tongue along his lips, initiating a passionate exchange. He squeezed her ass as she slid her hands up his chest, over his shoulders, and into his hair. Just as the kiss was getting really good there were voices originating from near the front door and coming closer. Kagome stiffened in his lap, freezing completely at the words.
 
“Kagome? You grandfather said we could come in,” she heard Yuka call out. “Where do you think she is? Should we check her room?”
 
“It sounds like the TV's on in the living room. Let's check there first,” Ayumi suggested.
 
“Kagome, we came to help you stu…” Eri's words caught in her throat as she laid eyes on her `sick' friend with her arms wrapped around the most beautiful man she had ever seen, their lips still locked and Kagome's eyes shut tight as she tried to will the whole afternoon to be nothing but a bad dream. Yes, that was it! She fell asleep studying and none of this happened. No Hojo, no feminine wipes, no friends walking in on her making out with her sexy demon, none of it. She would wake up and be in her bed leaning on Sesshoumaru with her book in her lap. If only she could get so lucky. When she was finally brave enough to open her eyes she discovered that the Kamis had let her down. There in the doorway stood her three friends, all wide-eyed, mouths open in shock.
 
Deciding that since it really was happening and all she should probably deal with it, Kagome reluctantly pulled back away from the kiss. She turned to her friends with a bright blush on her cheeks. “Um… hi guys,” she said, although it sounded more like a question.
 
“So that's why Hojo looked upset!” Yuka exclaimed rather loudly. None of the girls noticed as both Sesshoumaru and Kagome cringed slightly at the shrill tone. Thankfully when she continued on it was at a more normal level. “We passed him on the shrine steps and I was sure he looked kinda down but Eri said she didn't think so. See, I was right!”
 
“So Kagome, who's the hunk?” Eri asked, totally ignoring Yuka's outburst. Ayumi gasped at her friend's forwardness but in truth she wanted to know just as bad.
 
Kagome was still straddling her demon lord's legs, his hand retaining its firm grasp on her left butt cheek. She squirmed a bit in an attempt to stand but he refused to allow it, pulling her in even closer to him instead. Kagome sighed in frustration, shooting him a glare before turning back to her friends. “Guys, this is Sesshoumaru. Sesshoumaru, these are my friends Yuka, Eri, and Ayumi.” While introducing each she merely pointed at them since she couldn't really move. “I wasn't expecting to see you guys today,” she stated, attempting to hint subtly that she had no idea why they were there.
 
“Oh, well we wanted to come and help you study for exams. The teachers spent all week reviewing exactly what would be on the tests and since you've been absent so much we figured you could use the help,” Ayumi offered.
 
“Thanks guys. I really appreciate you thinking of me. Hojo brought me copies of his notes but having you here while I go over them would be great. That way if there's something I don't understand I can ask, and you can let me know if Hojo missed anything.” Sure, she didn't really want to have to explain Sesshoumaru to them but the damage had already been done. They were going to ask a million questions the first chance they got her alone, so she figured she might as well study with them. That's why she was here to begin with. “Why don't you guys go up to my room? I'll be there in a second, alright?” She watched as they very obviously reluctantly turned away from her gorgeous demon lord and headed to her room. Once she was sure they were gone she turned and glanced at Souta, seeing him giving her the oddest look. “Souta, are you alright?”
 
His sister's words broke him out of his stunned state. He had never seen his sister kiss a boy before, didn't think she even had yet! But apparently he was wrong since he had just watched his sister not only kiss a guy but really kissing him. “Does Mama know he's here?”
 
Kagome rolled her eyes. “Yes, Souta. She even bought clothes for him to wear while he's here. And yes, she knows about…” she pointed between Sesshoumaru and herself, not sure what exactly to call their relationship. She watched as Souta shook his head before returning his focus to his video game. She turned her head back to Sesshoumaru. Now it was time to deal with him. “You know you're gonna have to let me go. I really do need to study and they can really help.” He didn't say anything. “You can stay down here and let Souta teach you how to play the video game. Inuyasha figured it out. I'm sure you could.” He glared at her. “No, you are not going up there with me, at least not at first. As soon as I walk in there they are going to attack me with questions. Who you are, if you're my boyfriend, where we met, how long have we been together, all kinds of things. I have to let them get it out of their systems or they won't be able to focus.”
 
Sesshoumaru understood most of her reasoning. There was just one thing he was unsure of. “What do you mean by boy-friend?”
 
Kagome smiled at him. Of course he would gloss over everything else and focus in on the one thing she wasn't sure what to do about. “Well, a boyfriend is what you call the boy you're seeing if you're dating exclusively. And the boy calls the girl his girlfriend.”
 
“So what will you tell them when they ask if this Sesshoumaru is your `boyfriend'?”
 
“I… I don't really know. I mean, you're not exactly my boyfriend. We haven't gone on any dates or anything. But you're definitely something.”
 
“You are my intended mate.”
 
“Yeah well I can't really tell them that now can I? Humans don't mate.”
 
Souta had been listening to their conversation half-heartedly while playing his game. His mother knew so he couldn't blackmail her or get her in trouble so he wasn't really interested anymore. He spoke without ever taking his eyes off the screen. “Wouldn't mating be like getting married? So if you're his intended mate you're kinda like his fiancé. Tell them that.”
 
Kagome's eyes widened as she turned to look at her little brother. “I can't tell them that! I'm not even seventeen yet! They would freak out if I called him my fiancé!”
 
“Well then boyfriend it is. Decision made. Problem solved. Now leave lover boy here so I can teach him how to play. I'm tired of playing alone.”
 
Kagome let out a sigh. “Yeah, I guess your right. Boyfriend would be the best explanation for now.”
 
“Why would your friends be upset by your being my fiancé?”
 
“Oh, well I know humans in your time get married young but in my time we don't get married until we're at least 18, later than that if you go to college. If I called you my fiancé they would suspect something.”
 
“Like what?” Sesshoumaru asked with a raised brow.
 
“Like that you got me pregnant and have to marry me now, or something just as wrong and embarrassing. So from this moment forward I dub thee Sesshoumaru, my boyfriend.” She followed her pronouncement with a kiss on the tip of his nose. “Now you have to let me go. If you want to come up later then at least wait until the kami-awful squealing has stopped.” She saw the question he was about to ask in his eyes. “Trust me, I just know. There will be squealing, lots and lots of squealing.”
 
Sesshoumaru gave in and gave her rear one more squeeze before releasing his iron hold on her, letting her climb off his lap. He watched as she walked away towards the stairs, her hips swaying in a very nice way. Once she was out of sight he turned and looked at the little boy who was now his only source of entertainment for the time being.
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
The wind witch had returned once more and could be seen surveying the ground far below her as if looking for something. Of course, they knew what she was looking for…them. It was Kurai who decided to allow herself to be spotted. In less than a minute the large feather carrying two passengers landed a few yards in front of her. She knew to be wary. After all, this demon did serve the dark hanyou Naraku who was well know for his deceptions. “What is your purpose here? And why do you, a demon, bring with you a demon-slayer?”
 
Kagura smirked behind her fan. “Ah, straight to the point I see. Don't mind Kohaku. He knows when to behave. I have come to speak with you of an alliance. My Lord has need of several powerful demons and offers a more than generous payment.”
 
“And just what is it he is offering?”
 
“Why power of course. Lord Naraku is very close to having the complete Shikon Jewel and when he does he will be hailed as the ruler of all Japan and beyond. If you were to assist him in his needs he would be willing to share such power. No longer would you and yours have to live in a dank cave in the forest. You would have the power to seize any castle that you wished for yourself and servants as well. Your clan could once again rise to its rightful place as a ruler of this land. If you serve under him Naraku would ensure that your every wish would be granted. He is even willing to share the wealth if you prove yourself worthy. Lord Naraku offers jewel shards to his most loyal followers.”
 
Yuugure laughed as he stepped out of the shadows to stand beside his sister. “The hanyou believes he could rule all Japan? No respectable demon would allow themselves to be ruled by a filthy, weak, and pathetic half-breed.”
 
Kagura kept her calm. “Perhaps. But the power of the Jewel of Four Souls is legendary and immeasurable. With it in his possession my Lord will find little resistance.”
 
“He offers jewel shards? What task would he ask of us?” Yuugure's younger brother Higure asked as he appeared to materialize beside Kurai.
 
“My Lord has not informed me of the details. He has only asked that I find several powerful demons to assist him in his newest venture. He would like to meet with you to discuss the terms of a possible arrangement.”
 
Shinya and her mother Kuroyuri stayed hidden in the shadows watching the exchange. Shinya found it rather odd that the young demon slayer did not move or appear to focus on anything as he stood behind the wind demoness like a statue. His eyes looked empty, dead, soulless. The boy gave her a bad feeling, something she had learned to trust. Her instincts had never guided her in the wrong direction before. She spoke lowly to her mother of her impressions and then watched as he mother strode forward, head held high, shoulders back, looking every bit as regal as if she were the Empress of Japan or one of the Lady's of the lands. She stopped slightly in front of her children to speak her decision. “We will meet with your `Lord',” the word Lord said with distaste. “Inform him of our decision. We will be waiting at the edge of the cliff on the western side of the waterfall tomorrow an hour after the sun has set. He may speak his terms then and there.” With her final words released to float on the breeze towards the two, the pack turned and disappeared back into the shadows of the forest.
 
Kagura pulled the feather from her hair, transforming it into the large almost boat like shape before they climbed in. Once she and Kohaku were flying high above the ground she laughed to herself. “Too easy. A little flattery and then offer them wealth and power and they would roll over to please you.”
 
“Naraku will be pleased, though I do not trust them. Panther demons are not known for their trust in other demons. It is very likely they will betray Naraku once they have obtained jewel shards.”
 
“Well I say let them. I don't see the downside. The bastard has less jewel shards and more powerful enemies. At least now he'll get off my back for a while.”
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
They had watched as the large feather floated away carried by the winds manipulated by the demoness. “We will see what it is he would ask of us as well as how generous he would be with payment. He is not to be trusted. Once he has spoken we will decide whether to join with him to obtain the shards or to kill him where he stands and take them ourselves.”
 
“Yes Mother,” was the murmured response from the four raven haired demons. After the meeting things would be different. Come tomorrow they will either be in league with the abomination or an enemy. Kuroyuri just hoped she made the right choice.
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
Kouga was pacing and grumbling to himself, driving the others crazy. “Kouga, would you just sit down?” Hakaku nearly yelled before he froze, eyes wide. He hadn't meant to yell at Kouga. He just couldn't stand it anymore. The pacing, the growling, the random threats that kept escaping his alpha and friend, it was just too much. Hakaku slowly raised his head to see if Kouga was coming to kill him. He was probably in a bad enough mood to do it, too. Instead he found that Kouga had actually taken a seat with the others around the fire. They didn't really need it but the added light came in handy just incase the mutt decided to attack them during the night. Plus they were used to sitting around a fire and old habits die hard.
 
“Where in the hell could she have gone? I don't get it! She has to be with Sesshoumaru since he wasn't there with his little mongrels. What I don't get is why Inuyasha wouldn't be upset about it. He hates his brother so why would he allow him to disappear with my Kagome and leave his pups behind? Something's not right here, but I just can't figure out what the hell it is!” He had sent a few of the wolves to survey the area, checking for any clue as to where his Kagome had gone. They had returned with the odd fact that her scent ended at that well, the same one her scent had disappeared at the last time he had been looking for her. Only this time Sesshoumaru's scent was right along with hers, ending not near the well but actually inside it. Why would they go in a well? And how did their scent trails end? Was it some kind of spell? Kouga had been wracking his brain with all those questions and more for hours.
 
“Inuyasha said she would come back in a week. You can talk to her then. Until then if you keep worrying about it you're going to make yourself crazy,” Ginta said softly.
 
“I know… Damn it I know but I just can't stand the idea of my Kagome off to Kami knows where with that prick! What the hell was that fucking half-breed thinking, letting her go off with him?!?”
 
“There wasn't any fear in her scent, no distress. They did sense a little sadness but if she had been taken against her will there would have been fear and anger, perhaps terror and desperation but none were present in her scent. It was still fresh too so it hadn't been too long since she left,” Hakaku stated now that he was sure Kouga wasn't going to attempt to kill him for his disrespect.
 
“Yeah, you're right. I just can't stand having to sit here and wait for her to come back. She's my mate. She should be with me!” Ginta and Hakaku merely shook their heads in silence. They were both pretty sure that this wasn't going to turn out well for Kouga when Kagome returned. Chances were good that the demon Lord would return with her and from what they had heard last time; Sesshoumaru didn't much appreciate Kouga's presence. But of course they couldn't tell him that. Kouga would never believe that there was any chance that Kagome would not be his. They had to give him credit though. He knew what he wanted and damned if he wasn't persistent. If only he could see past his own arrogance and notice that Kagome didn't really seem interested at all in becoming his mate, but instead he would end up having to learn the hard way.
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
Kagome sucked in a deep breath and steeled her nerves before opening the door to her room and stepping inside. She knew what was coming and she was as prepared as possible for the great inquisition, at least as prepared as she could be without earplugs. She slowly closed the door behind her before turning and facing them. Just the looks on their faces told her she was in for it.
 
“Why didn't you tell us about him Kagome?”
 
“Where did you meet him?”
 
“He is so cute! Is he the reason you keep turning down Hojo?”
 
“Does he have a brother or something?”
 
“Is he your boyfriend?”
 
“How long have you been together?”
 
“How old is he?”
 
“I can't get over seeing you kissing him like that! What ever happened to saving your first kiss?”
 
“Yeah, and what happened to that violent bad boy you were so stuck on. Is that him?”
 
“So how far have you gone?”
 
“Kami, he looked tall. Is he really tall?”
 
“How come we've never seen him around before?”
 
“Where have you been hiding him?”
 
“What's with the bags of clothes? Is he staying here?”
 
“Oh my Kami, is he staying in your room?”
 
“What was with the tattoos on his face?”
 
“Is he in a gang or something?”
 
“They make him look dangerous!”
 
“Did you see his eyes?”
 
“No, I didn't really get a chance, why? I bet they were beautiful!”
 
“They were so bright! I've never seen eyes like that before!”
 
“Is he a good kisser?”
 
“He looks like he would be a good kisser. Lucky Kagome!”
 
“Where is he from? He has the most amazing hair!”
 
“I know! What I wouldn't give to run my fingers through it. I bet it's like silk!”
 
“And he has to be built! He looks like he works out. I can just imagine that chest, all those hot, defined muscles! I'll bet he looks like a Kami with his shirt off!”
 
“He looks like a Kami with his shirt on!”
 
They had been going on and on, each taking a turn to fire a question or comment at her without giving her a second's chance to reply but they fell silent when they heard the strangest sound. Looking around the room and finding nothing they looked back at their friend. “Kagome, did you get a dog or something? I swear I just heard something growl.”
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
Downstairs Sesshoumaru was smirking. He could hear each and every word those girls, definitely girls, were saying. Apparently they thought he was attractive, but then he had already known that by the rush of scents that had flooded the room when they laid eyes on him. It was nearly impossible for him to believe that those childish girls were the same age as his Kagome. Sure, she could be silly at times but overall she was incredibly responsible, beautifully maternal and caring, and most definitely much more mature than the squawking girls would be even years from now. They were no better than Rin really, except for their very different view about males. Rin had yet to develop an interest in the opposite sex but these girls most obviously had. He was very interested when the room upstairs fell completely silent as he awaited Kagome's response. Sesshoumaru had to physically hold in the laughter that was fighting to escape him when he heard the last question. Apparently his Kagome did not appreciate their blatant attraction and interest directed at what was most assuredly hers and hers alone. She had growled at them just like an inu demoness would to threaten other females to keep their distance from their mate. That girl, no woman, surprised him each and every day.
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
Kagome was doing her best to not tear her friends apart limb by limb. It was odd. She had never had such a strong desire to cause bodily harm to another but now the pull was nearly impossible to fight against.
 
`How dare they desire what is mine?'
 
`What the hell was that? Where did that come from?'
 
`We need to put them in their place, assert dominance, teach them that it is unwise to covet our mate.'
 
Kagome closed her eyes tightly and shook her head as if trying to clear it before waiting a moment to see if the strange voice returned. Great, now she was going crazy, hearing voices other than Sesshoumaru, Kazue, and Kirara in her head! And a voice with violent tendencies it seemed. Wow, she had way too many voices going on in there! When the voice failed to return and the urge for violence subsided she opened her eyes and looked at her friends who were watching her with concern in their eyes.
 
“Kagome? Are you alright?”
 
“Are you feeling ill? Do you need to lie down?”
 
Kagome shook her head once again. “No, I'm fine, really. Just a tad overwhelmed. You guys, how am I supposed to answer your questions if you don't let me squeeze a word in edgewise?” She watched as they all blushed in embarrassment as they realized just how they had been acting, each apologizing quietly. “It's alright. I'm happy to tell you about him and answer your questions if you give me a chance.”
 
“We're really sorry about that, Kagome. It was just such a shock to see you like that. We were expecting you to be sick in bed,” Eri said with her head down.
 
“It's complicated. So, where should I start?”
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
Sesshoumaru had been worried for a minute there. He could feel her emotions and she was angry, really angry. It felt like she was just seconds away from leaving nothing but a bloody mess as final testament to the existence of her three friends. He could feel her fighting the urge to literally kill them when she was suddenly confused, incredibly confused. There was something wrong. Not only was she confused, she was also suddenly afraid, more afraid then he had ever felt her, even when the boar demon attacked her or when they fought the snakes and she was poisoned. It didn't make any sense though. He hadn't heard anything that could account for either emotion and he could sense no presence other then the three girls who he knew could never cause such a level of fear. No, his brave Kagome who had faced the most powerful and dangerously deadly demons in his time could never possibly be frightened by three human girls. He was just about to rush up the stairs when the feeling subsided. Now all that remained was residual confusion and some irritation. He listened as her friends inquired about her health, asking if she was ill which she merely brushed off. He could sense no illness and no danger so Sesshoumaru decided to stay where he was. He was quite interested in just what she would tell them about him and he was determined to hear every word. He would ask her later what had caused such a level of fear and confusion but for now he would sit back and listen as his mate spoke of him to her very excited friends.
 
Souta looked at the demon and sighed. Apparently he was more interested in gazing at the ceiling then playing video games. Whatever they were talking about up there must have been really interesting.
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
“How about when you met him,” Yuka suggested.
 
“Alright. Well, I met him a while ago, almost two years really, but I just recently got to know him better. He's Inuyasha's older half-brother and they didn't get along very well. They've made up now so I don't have to try to choose which is more important to me.”
 
“Wait, so you're seeing them both?” Ayumi asked in shock.
 
“What? No! No, Inuyasha and I are just friends, have been for a while now. We never really had anything together. I just had a crush on him and I reminded him of his first love. Inuyasha's my friend but Sesshoumaru's my boyfriend.”
 
“Whew! I was worried there for a second! So how did you end up getting to know him after all this time?” Eri asked.
 
“He needed my help with something and then we started talking. He admitted to having been interested in me from the beginning and the more time we've spent together the more I like him.”
 
It was Yuka's turn once again. “Inuyasha is okay with you dating his brother?”
 
“Yeah. I think he actually prefers it rather then me dating just anyone. He knows Sesshoumaru is trustworthy and won't hurt me.”
 
“That's so sweet! So how long have you been `together'?” Ayumi asked while making air quotes at together.
 
“I'm not really sure when we went from being friends into something more. It was sort of gradual, you know? I didn't know it was happening until it was done and I was in love.” The room erupted in excited squeals while Kagome cringed. Damn that enhanced hearing!
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
The conversation was already getting interesting as she explained how they ended up together in a roundabout way. She couldn't really just come right out with it and tell them she lifted a curse and saved the lives of his seven demon sons. It was an odd but enjoyable experience, listening to her describe their relationship. When she said the words his heart nearly exploded and his beast howled in complete and utter joy. There was no `maybe' or `starting to' or even a speck of hesitance. She just outright confessed her love. She loved him, really and truly loved him. It was hard for him to not race upstairs and sweep her into his arm. He wondered if she realized he could hear everything that was being said. She probably hadn't even considered it, being used to having privacy in her room with the door closed. It would most likely dawn on her later. He may be in for it then but for now he was glad he could hear. The only way it could have been better was if she was held tightly to his body while staring into his eyes but he was more then satisfied at the moment with just the way it happened.
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
Kagome had instantly regretted using the `L' world as she found herself nearly deaf, ears ringing painfully. Really, was that really necessary? She'd only said she loved him. Wait. She just said, out loud with an inu demon with super hearing just downstairs, that she loved said inu. Chances were slim that he had missed it but, she figured, it would be easier to say to his face if she was sure he already knew.
 
“That's so romantic!” Eri said in a dreamy voice as she stared off into space, dreaming of her own Romeo. “Do you think he feels the same way?”
 
“He told me he loved me a while ago.” There was a collective sigh as the three single girls wished for someone to love them like Sesshoumaru loved Kagome.
 
“What happened with Hojo before we got here?”
 
Kagome rolled her eyes. “Hojo brought me some remedies him mother suggested and asked me to a movie or a walk in the park. I told him no because I had to study. I don't know why I didn't just tell him I was seeing someone else. I guess I'm just so used to telling him no because of being sick or behind in classes. Then he gave me the notes and asked me to dinner! I think he got the point though because right when I was going to introduce him to Sesshoumaru he suddenly had to leave.”
 
“He's liked you for so long and we've only made it worse by giving him hope instead of listening to you. I'm sorry we pushed you to go out with him Kagome,” Yuka said solemnly and the other two nodded their agreement.
 
Their solemn apology didn't last long. “How old is he? I mean, he has tattoos. That's what they are, aren't they? So he would have to be older, right?”
 
Kagome thought for a minute. She would let them think they were tattoos so she didn't have to explain them, though she was sure they would want to know why he had them on his face of all places. She decided she would just pick a number since he hadn't told her is real age and even if he had she couldn't tell them the truth. Yeah, sure, my boyfriend is several hundred years old or more. That'd go over well. “He's 19, and yes they are tattoos.”
 
“Is he in a gang or something? Why would anyone want tattoos on their face?”
 
“I think they look cool! They make him look dangerous,” Eri admitted.
 
“No, he's not in a gang or anything like that. It's a family thing, like a rite of passage. I like them, personally. I think they're sexy.”
 
“About that, how far have you two gone? Judging from what we saw earlier you've at least done some serious making out.”
 
Kagome fought a blush at the thought of just how far they had gone. Once she had it under control she smirked at her friends, her look full of confidence. “I don't kiss and tell.” She laughed as they grumbled their displeasure at her lack of sharing.
 
Giving in once they realized Kagome wasn't going to tell, Ayumi decided to ask a new question. “Where is he from? I've never seen anyone with hair and eyes like that. Or is it dye and contacts?”
 
“No, the hair and the eyes are all natural. It's a family thing too, hereditary. Inuyasha has the same coloring and from what I've been told so did their father.”
 
“We noticed the bags. Is he staying here? Where is he sleeping?”
 
“Yeah, he's staying here. Today is the first day so I'm not sure where he's sleeping yet. Chances are though that he'll be in here with me. He likes to sleep with his arm around me. You know what? I've never slept better then when he holds me. I don't think I could manage to sleep without him anymore. Now that I've told you guys everything can we please start studying? I really need to go over everything.”
 
“Sure thing Kagome. We can come by tomorrow and Sunday too if you want. Helping you out will help us remember things better, plus studying isn't as boring with a group. We could probably do couple hours after exams every day to prepare for the ones the next day too,” Ayumi volunteered.
 
“Thanks guys. You're great. I hope you don't mind Sesshoumaru hanging around. He won't get in the way or bother us. He's really quiet most of the time. I can't just ignore him since he is here visiting me.”
 
“That's alright! We can get to know him this way!” Yuka replied excitedly.
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
Author's Note:
 
Kuroyuri - black lily
Yuugure - dusk
Higure - nightfall
Kurai - dark
Shinya - midnight
 
 
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
 
Thanks to everyone who reviewed! I'm glad you enjoyed the chapter. Some interesting things are coming up, including a look into the mind of a dimwit, aka Hojo, and something a lot of you have been waiting for (no, not the lemon, though there is a lime). No, it's something that I was nearly begged for, and I hope you guys enjoy the way I did it. Sesshoumaru may seem a little out of sorts in the next few chapters, but he's under a lot of stress, being in her time, trying to figure out how to ask for permission to court Kagome, being surrounded by the unknown, etc. and it was necessary for the plan.
 
Reviewer Responses - Mediaminer -
 
Child of the moon - I was surprised too but you guys definitely told me I had no reason to worry with about 40 this time. I love facebook. I found so many old friends. The whole Hojo thing is going to get very interesting.
 
Bloodbunny - glad you liked it!
 
Fairy goddess - Honored to be your first review. Glad you're enjoying the story so far.
 
Rosymouse - How old is your daughter? Because it's going to be getting more explicit as we go along. I promise to see this fic through to the end, so no worries there. I reread the story too to make sure I don't contradict myself.
 
Syoze - glad to see you over here. Oh, Hojo is most definitely an idiot. I'm having a lot of fun with him in the next couple chapters.
 
Bettychan - Hojo is definitely going to be getting in trouble. I'm very excited about Sess in modern times. Have lots of ideas to use up. And Kouga should be fun too.
 
Blueyedtigress - I laughed my ass off when I read your review. Loved the accent! Hojo has no idea when to quit.
 
Kashuneko - Glad you care enough to bitch. No worries, there is a reason for Kagome's hesitation, more than just what she said in this chapter. A look inside Hojo's mind coming up.
 
Maddie50 - Yeah, pack bonding is fun. Just wait. You'll know why she didn't tell him soon.
 
Sesshys rose - Glad you're enjoying the story!
 
Cassandralynn30 - Glad you liked it. Clues incoming for both Hojo and Kouga, but maybe they'll duck.
 
Tixylix - Glad you're enjoying it.
 
Theblackangels - just wait until you get the look into hojo's mind. I couldn't stop laughing and I wrote it!
 
Brainshake - Glad you enjoyed the last couple. Like the shirt suggestion. I have a store on cafepress so I am always shopping there to use up my sales income. Husband loves them. That's where I browsed to find just the right one. Glad you liked the command choice! And I can't wait to see the fanart!
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
 
Reviewer Responses - FF.net -
 
Everyone who reviewed, thanks! There were so many that I'm only going respond to those with questions or I'd never get to post this chapter!
 
Ingi-doo - There will be more fight scenes soon. I actually really enjoy writing them. Glad you approve of the pace. I refuse to rush. You miss too much that way. The panthers will become fairly important in a bit.
 
Bluemiko - He has to ask for permission to court her, then actually follow the courting steps before the actual mating, so it will be a bit.
 
Moonrosea - That was my favorite sentence. Sometimes I can't help myself and throw in something silly, but its fun that way. Hojo's idiocy will be explained soon. I'm having way too much fun with the last couple chapters. In my opinion these last couple and the next couple are the best so far. Yeah, poor Sesshy is nearly in a state of constant arousal. I'd be happy to make sure to post a chapter on your birthday, but you'll have to remind me closer to the day because Christmas is crazy and I know I'll forget. Don't wanna disappoint! I only have aol for messengers, CMK2CMM. My aol is on most of the time when I'm doing anything. Kouga's your dream date? Not so bad, but then I did get Sesshy after all.
 
Iloveprettysilverhair - Can't wait til you're back to write to me again! Damn the lack of technology. There will be more coming regarding the wipes, especially since Kagome just left that basket sitting there in the living room!
 
Mraestalyn - I'm glad you like all the things you mentioned. Such a nice review. I appreciate your support.
 
Rein phoenix - I completely agree. Not enough kag/sess without a dead or really mean/evil inu.
 
Carmmeldoll - Glad you could find me here. I can't wait til ASS is back up.
 
Ladygalree - I appreciate you taking the time to review. I understand completely how much easier it is not to.
 
Morgana - thanks for the flower. Oh, and your name, my next daughter will either be named Pandora or Morganna.
 
Lady renvel - Grounded from the computer blows! Thank kami I'm a grown up now, not that it stops my mommy from trying to tell me what to do. She always loses.
 
Airen2 - I'm honored that you considered me original enough to review. Hurricanes just add to the incredible suck of this state. God, I sound like I'm 12
 
Shintochick - The wipes will come back into the spotlight soon. Can't wait
 
Dancingdragons - Knowing that I sucked you in is more important than a review every chapter. Glad you like it.
 
Wendy aa - this chapter pretty much answered your questions!
 
Darke wulf - Honored that I rank high enough to grab some of your time. I know what you mean about not enough hours in the day, and I don't even leave the house!
 
Most unlikely angel - I firmly believe in taking it slow. More depth that way. So many chapter so fast was because for quite a while I was only posting on mediaminer and ASS. I added them here quickly to get it caught up. I've been working on this since September, though I do still update pretty quickly. I'm not out to get the most reviews or anything. They definitely make my day but I won't make people wait longer for updates just to get more. I'm too impatient for that. I can barely keep myself from posting every chapter that's ready all at once. (3 at the moment) Glad you like it!
 
Cocoke - thanks for sending the card. I'll let you know when it gets here. Glad you found me over here!
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
For anyone who's interested, we've gotten 1 card from CA and a letter from UT so far.
 
`Til next time!