InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ She will be loved ❯ She will be loved ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

This is what I get for listening to Maroon 5 for three days strait. I own nothing in this story but my story line.
======================================================
She ran through the woods, tears running down her face as she neared the well. This was the third and last time he would ever break her heart. She couldn't take it anymore and if he was destined to go to hell with the woman that held part of her soul, so be it.
`How could he? Doesn't he even care if I see them anymore? Of course not. He's with his undead love now. He's free.'
She jumped over the edge of the well, leaving her pack behind. As the ethereal lights of the bone-eaters well consumed her, she could hear the faint cries of her friends telling her to come back. She couldn't go back now and she doubted she ever could.
 
“Where is she? Where did she go?” Inuyasha searched frantically for the future Shrine maiden. Their friends just sat solemnly near by, unable to bring themselves to tell him.
“Inuyasha, she went home.” Sango finally blurted out.
“What? Why didn't you just say that! I'll go get her and we can leave.” He started off towards the well but was halted by her next words.
“She isn't coming back. She's never coming back, Inuyasha.” She folded her hands in her lap and looked away.
“But I…I didn't do anything! Why are you looking at me like it's my fault she's gone?” He growled, tugging his hair angrily. He knew he couldn't love Kikyo after what she tried to do. Not for what she did to him, but for what she did to Kagome. He cared about the little Miko but how could he open himself up to love anyone again.
“She cares about you, Inuyasha! She saw you go to Kikyo and ran away. All she could do was cry that she would never let you hurt her again. It hurts her to see you with her! You were willing to go to hell for a woman with no human emotion other than revenge left in her.” It was one of the few times Sango had ever screamed at him that way and the malice in her voice stung him. He responded in the only way he knew how: rage.
“She knows I don't love Kikyo any more! She tried to kill me AND her so why would she think I would go to hell with her? I was only saying goodbye! It isn't any of your damn business what goes on in my life anyway, Sango!” He snarled at her. He finally just ran off towards the well.
He arrived in the well house and sniffed the air. He shuddered at the lingering scent of her tears.
`Is this really my fault? I never meant to hurt her. I never knew she cared so much.”
Beauty queen of only eighteen
She had some trouble with herself
He was always there to help her
She always belonged to someone else
He made his way to the god tree and sat under its shelter, thinking on what he would say to her. From the street, he could see a young man on a bike similar to hers. He pulled up in front of the house and was greeted warmly by Kagome's mother. Inuyasha noticed a basket filled with fruit and flowers which he assumed were for Kagome.
I drove for miles and miles
And wound up at your door
I've had you so many times but somehow,
I want more
Outside, the rain came down in torrents, pelting the roof of the well house like tiny pellets. The rain was washing away the smell of her tears but he could still sense her hurt. The streets glistened with water and the cars driving by splashed it onto the sidewalk where he stood.
I don't mind spending every day
Out on your corner in the pouring rain
Look for the girl with the broken smile
Ask her if she wants to stay a while
And she will be loved
She will be loved
From the high branches of the tree, he could see clearly into her window. He watched as she welcomed the new boy with fake cheer then broke down into his arms. Watching them sit together on her bed, her crying into his shoulder in pain, Inuyasha could hardly believe he was the cause of that pain. The sobs wracked her whole body and it was all he could do not to rush to her side.
Then, the boy did something that made Inuyasha tremble with hatred. He watched helplessly as the boy he assumed was the Hojo that she constantly talked about lifted her chin and kissed her. He had stolen her first kiss from him and the anger he felt watching her ease into that kiss slowly dissipated into grief. He had never realized how strongly he felt for her. He had always known that she was attractive to him and anytime she would touch him, the shivers he got told him he felt for her but seeing her with that boy hurt him on an all new level.
She pushed him away, suddenly taking great interest in the carpet. Hojo tried to soothe her but she wouldn't allow it. He handed her the basket and after giving her hand one last kiss, he left. Inuyasha waited for him to ride a good distance down the street before bounding nimbly onto her windowsill where he sat. He finally gathered all of his courage and tapped on the glass. Kagome looked up briefly but turned away, a whole new wave of anguish washing over her.
Tap on my window knock on my door
I want to make you feel beautiful
I know I tend to get so insecure
It doesn't matter anymore
He lifted the window and climbed inside, paying little heed to the pool of water he was creating. She refused to look at him and curled into a tight ball in the center of her bed.
“Go away, Inuyasha!” She growled into her pillow as he reached a hand out towards her.
“Listen, I just wanted to say… well, I'm sorry.” He sat on the edge of the bed and watched her uncurl slowly. He tilted his head to try to see her face and saw one chocolate brown eye peek at him from under her arm.
“Go to hell. That's what your corpse wants right?” She spat at him.
“If I was gonna go to hell with Kikyo, don't you think I would have gone already?” He reached over and sat her up.
“Why should I care?” She still refused to look at him, her cold demeanor shutting him out.
“Because I do, wench. I don't want you to think I'd leave you for someone who stopped loving me years ago.” He tilted her chin up, forcing her to meet his gaze.
“What does that have to do with me? I'm just your shard finder. That's all I ever am to you.” She shoved his hand away and turned her face to hide the tears threatening to spill over.
It's not always rainbows and butterflies
It's compromise that moves us along
My heart is full and my doors always open
You can come anytime you want
He forced her to look back at him. The tears had started to drip down her face and he caught them with his thumb. He leaned forward and licked them gingerly off her cheek.
“You're the dumbest wench I ever met.” He smiled at her. He could see the look in her eye and knew what that meant. He crushed his lips on hers to keep her from saying the dreaded curse but it came as a surprise when she was the first to move.
Her tongue traced the line of his lips and after a moment to catch his bearings, he let her slip her tongue into his mouth. The kiss was short lived though. He pushed her back and looked at her strangely, realizing what they had done.
“You lousy mutt.” She glared at him but he returned it with a smile.
“Stupid wench.” He lifted her into his lap and kissed her again.
I don't mind spending everyday
Out on your corner in the pouring rain
Look for the girl with the broken smile
Ask her if she wants to stay a while
And she will be loved (x 4)
Kagome broke the kiss and looked at him with fresh tears shining like diamonds on her cheeks.
“What's wrong? Please don't cry again!” He cradled her but she stopped him.
“Inuyasha, you still love her. I may be her reincarnation but I'll never be her. Stop trying to make me Kikyo!” She pushed off his lap and climbed out into the rain. She slid down the drainpipe and ran off into the safety of the god tree.
I know where you hide
Alone in your car
Know all of the things that make you who you are
I know that goodbye means nothing at all
Comes back and begs me to catch her every time she falls
Inuyasha followed her and found her bunched under an upraised root. He sat down beside her and rubbed her shoulders. She didn't push away.
“I would never turn you into her. You are the Kagome that I see all the time and the Kagome I care about. Not Kikyo. If I wanted Kikyo, I would have gone to hell a long time ago.”
“Oh thanks. Girls just love to be compared to guys perfect ex's.” She sobbed sardonically.
“She was never perfect and nothing like you. Now can I try that kiss again? It was my first and I kinda liked it.” He smirked. She looked at him like he was an idiot than chuckled.
“Was that really your first kiss? Ever? Not even with Kikyo?”
“Yep. And will you stop talking about what's-her-name already? I wanna kiss you, wench, not a corpse so stop acting like one.” He grabbed her and pinned her to the wet ground in a fit of giggles.
“Gods, your gorgeous.” He smiled down at her.
“Stop flirting, you already have me, stupid.” She smiled and pulled him down into a deep kiss.
Inuyasha lifted her off the ground and took her back to her room.
Tap on my window, knock on my door
I wanna make you feel beautiful
Inside, he laid her on the bed and climbed in beside her. He planted a slow, chaste kiss on her lips that he wanted so to deepen but restrained himself.
“Is that all ya got?” She teased, wrapping her arms around him.
“For now. Get some sleep, wench. You're coming home tomorrow.”
“I am home, baka.” She reached up and messaged his ears but he swatted her away.
“Not anymore. When that stupid jewel is complete, you're staying there with me forever. I'll make you my mate and you'll never leave me again. And don't play with my ears unless you plan on being my mate now.”
“Oh really? Is that a threat?” She asked, rubbing them again in slow circles.
“Nope, it's a promise.” He flipped her onto her back and straddled her hips, then started stripping out of his damp clothes. He went down to his under shirt then stopped to strip her of all but her underwear.
She was blushing like a tomato but he rubbed her back comfortingly. Instead of finishing the job as she had expected, he wrapped his fire rat coat around her. In doing so, he grazed her breast, making her hold back a moan.
“Inuyasha, please. Just take me now. I want to be your mate and feel you touch me.” She wrapped her arms around his waist.
“Not yet. I won't take you until Naraku is dead and we can be together forever.” He kissed the top of her head then laid down with her lying on his stomach.
“Does this mean you love me?” She whispered, drifting off to sleep.
“Yeah, it does. Sweet dreams, wench.” He grinned down at her sleepily before leaning down to kiss her.
“ Sweet dreams, mutt. I love you too.”
I don't mind spending every day
Out on your corner in the pouring rain
Look for the girl with the broken smile
Ask her if she wants to stay a while
And she will be loved (x 4)