InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Strength of Bond ❯ Shikon no Tama ( Chapter 14 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A/N: Been at home for the holidays and thus it was very difficult to type this up, let alone put this up online for everyone to see. Therefore, you are probably going to hunt me down for not updating. Never fear the new chapter is here. Plus when I am able to finish this one and one other… I have several new stories that may one day find themselves online too. We shall see. Enjoy.

 

Warning: None

 

Chapter 14

 

Kagome awoke the next morning in a comfortable haze of warmth and sleepiness. She unconsciously buried herself deeper into the futon bed, and wiggled deeper into the embrace of her bonded curled around her. She rather liked not waking up cold and tangled up on the floor. Maybe she just wasn't made for western style beds… or sleeping alone. Not to mention how amazingly soft and comfortable these tatami mat beds were. Her mother's were rarely used, and thus tended to be a little stiff and uncomfortable. This one was like sleeping on a cloud, everything downy soft and smooth to the skin. Maybe she should have invested an interest in a bed like this earlier. At least they weren't on the floor, though from experience she's never had a problem rising from the ground to get up in the morning.

 

A tightening hold pulled her more securely to her mate. He nuzzled her neck, and breathed in her scent in gentle heaves. She smiled slightly, thinking the motion he made very animal like, and her hands practically itched to reach up and find his ears. Why could she never get enough of those cute little appendages on top of his head? "Sawatte mitai," she whispered, but kept her hands down and away from the ears.

 

The sound of her voice roused him slightly, and he shifted his body a little before he settled down once again. It was then that Kagome realized that neither of them had any clothes on beneath the various blankets. How was it that these blankets and sheets were so soft and warm that she hadn't noticed the lack of clothes? And why did she not care in the first place? With a blossoming blush, she turned her head into her pillow in an attempt to ignore the real world a little longer.

 

Their peaceful morning was shattered as their door to the main room banged open and then the bedroom door slid open. With a speed Kagome had yet to comprehend, Inuyasha had securely tucked the blankets around her body, and sat up with the blankets tucked around his waist. Seconds later, in bounded a little human girl, trailed by three large dogs, with the energy of a hurricane. She squealed as she bounced up onto the bed and into her uncle's waiting arms.

 

"Rin-chan wants to play with ojisan and obasan. Onegai?" The child exclaimed. She wore a yellow and orange stripped bathroom and large dog shaped slippers adorned her feet. The dogs, two German Sheppard and a great Dane, thankfully did not jump upon the bed, but they did whine at their errant master, who was now beyond their reach.

 

"Rin," said a relatively cold voice at their bedroom door. "What did this Sesshoumaru say to you about coming in here this morning?"

 

Rin looked sheepish for a moment before answering, "Rin-chan not to come in while Uncle Inuyasha and Aunt Kagome are asleep." She smiled proudly, and turned her head to look at her guardian and father. "So, Rin-chan did not come in all last night and most of morning. Rin sees that they aren't sleeping, so oji-Inuyasha can play with Rin now."

 

"Musume, as your otousan I told you not to bother your ojisan and obasan till this afternoon. It is only nine in the morning."

 

Kagome blushed profusely, sinking down into the covers more as she watched Sesshoumaru scold his adopted daughter. If anything, she was more embarrassed by Sesshoumaru's appearance than the little girl. After all, Rin was still too young to properly know what went on between `adults.' Sesshoumaru, if his wrinkled nose had anything to say, knew exactly what they had done. Did the gods love to embarrass her?

 

Rin pouted as she moved from her uncle's catch to the edge of the bed. "Rin missed oji-Inuyasha and Rin also wants time with new oba-Kagome."

 

Sesshoumaru snapped his fingers and the dogs scattered out of the room. The sharp scolding look, said everything to the small girl that this was not negotiable. She sighed and eased off the bed, head bowed as she sulked her way to her father.

 

"How about a short tea party later," Inuyasha stated to his niece. She immediately perked up and flashed him a broad smiled before Sesshoumaru ushered her out, closing the shouji screen and then finally the main room door. Inuyasha sighed, sinking back down into his pillow. "Sometimes I wish my doors had locks."

 

Kagome internally agreed with the idea of a lock. Another incident like this morning and she'd probably die from too much shock. She shifted her body and turned to gaze at him. "Are you going to be okay with living where the council has placed us? I mean leaving all this to go live somewhere less prestigious?"

 

Inuyasha's gaze fell to her own, a smirk upon his lips. "To be able to live without Sesshoumaru around or his absurd rules and etiquette? Heck no! To be able to eat ramen instead of all that prissy stuff? Hell no! To have a door with locks and sound proof walls? Fuck no! I've died and gone to heaven."

 

Kagome smiled slightly at the euphoric bliss upon his face. He truly wanted to leave this… well palace of wealth.

 

"Besides," he continued, "Sesshoumaru would kick us out before long… as someone here likes to use her vocal cords on occasion."

 

She blushed to the roots of her hair and pulled the covers up to her chin.

 

"Dog demons have excellent hearing. No doubt Sesshoumaru's regretting his revenge upon me last night. I think he expected you to be quiet or at least repulsed by me. That or he still believes hanyou are inept."

 

Kagome gave a horrified giggle, turning a frigid glare on her by her bonded.

 

"What's so funny?"

 

She giggled more, completely caught off by an unforeseen laugh attack, and vainly tried to swallow her chuckles. He leaned over a little menacing growl being issued from the back of his throat, and she did laugh then, choking out an apology between gasps. A look of amusement flitted over his face and despite his earlier mood, found himself reaching out for her to… tickle her.

 

She gasped at the contact before she fell into true tear wracking laughs. He had never felt so light hearted before this very moment and he found he rather liked the feeling. Eventually giggles manipulated into groans and then into soft whimpering moans, as he brought them from one battle into another more stimulating one. Maybe being bonded to each other wouldn't be so bad. After all, they did make wonderful chemistry together.

 

~~~-~~~

 

Kagome and Inuyasha took a cautious seat at the banquet table for "breakfast." Kagome wore a dark green, long sleeved dress with matching slippers, and for appearance sake Inuyasha wore a matching shirt to her dress with casual black slacks. Before they could begin, Sesshoumaru requested the large envelope to look at. Slowly, Kagome handed the folder over to him. At this point, Rin took over the silence and chatted to the pair throughout brunch on things she would like to do today and various other topics. Kagome and Inuyasha relaxed under the exuberant child and helped themselves to breakfast. When Rin asked to be excused, Sesshoumaru nodded and told her to prepare for Miss Minoru- her English tutor. She pouted before she slunk off followed by the multitude of dogs.

 

When she was adequately out of hearing range, Sesshoumaru gained their attention. "It says here that your house mates are blood bonded. A Miss Raimei, Sango and a Mister Namigashira, Miroku. I guess I should warn you that this particular bond for this pair is only temporary."

 

"What do you mean `temporary?'" asked Kagome, placing her fork down upon her plate.

 

"Mr. Namigashira is a fairly powerful houshi, but with a curse placed upon his family. I believe it is some sort of hole in his hand. Nevertheless, because of this curse his spiritual energy is removed from his body rather significantly. Therefore a blood bond was issued till such a time that the curse is removed or the pair themselves decide to become soul bonded."

 

"How long have they been bonded?" asked Inuyasha, his mouth full of food, and sputtering eggs and other food bits as he spoke.

 

A disgusted sneer fell over Sesshoumaru's blank face, but ignored the need to reprimand. "At least seven years now, maybe closer to eight."

 

Kagome's eyes widened, mouth ajar. "Eight years?"

 

"Unlike a soul bond, Kagome-san, blood bonds do not require an age limit nor do they usually result in family removal problems. This pair has only begun to live in this particular house for a short time. I believe they were moved due to a few incidents that required intervention." He returned his eyes back to the paper in his hand. "They will, of course, provide extra protection should any problems arise. Miss Raimei is a taiji-ya, fully trained and licensed to kill. Mr. Namigashira is a fully certified houshi."

 

"Great," She grumbled, "I'm the only one who has to go to school." Inuyasha snickered, and she chose to ignore him by taking a sip of her water.

 

"You can blame Inuyasha for his stalling. Even we, the council, expected the bond to be done three years ago."

 

Kagome, who had been in the process of swallowing her drink, sputtered and choked. "What?! But I would have been thirteen! That's just… ewww."

 

Sesshoumaru shrugged, ignoring the two dumbfounded faces. "It is not unusual to mate young. In fact, you are one of the oldest soul bonded pair in recent history."

 

Both teens shivered and made queasy faces. Obviously the legal age limit for sexual consent was overlooked in the cases of soul bonded individuals. Though even the mere idea of having any sort of sexual contact for the pair was enough to make them more than a little green around the mouth. Both, in short, had decided that they were no officially through with eating anything else, and further wished they had forgone the eating entirely.

 

Seemingly unperturbed, Sesshoumaru continue, "The location is rather close to a train terminal that will lead you easily to both your school and work zones."

 

"I hate trains," grumbled Inuyasha, finding this switch of topic much less ill inducing than the previous.

 

"Yes, and you hate cars even more, brother," stated Sesshoumaru. "I will have Ah and Un drive you over to the place after we are finished here. I have already informed the inhabitants of your imminent arrival." A short pause followed as he placed all the items back into the envelope. "Now, I do believe you both received and envelope from the Holy Child."

 

"We haven't looked at it yet," snapped Inuyasha, whom held the package to his chest. If he could not eat, then his brother would just have to wait until he was ready to fork the stuff over. Until then, he intended to keep the envelope from his sadistic brother.

 

An annoyed look crossed the elder demon's face. "You mean to tell this Sesshoumaru that you have not even opened an important document from the Holy Child?"

 

"Keh, we ran out of time. As I recall we had someplace to be at a designated time."

 

"Baka. You should have started with that one, then moved on to the everyday things."

 

"Well, let's open it now, Inuyasha," Kagome said as she intervened the probable fight that seemed to be brewing.

 

Inuyasha scowled at his brother before he slid a claw down one side and spilled the contents upon the table. There was one small sheet of paper, a beaded necklace with fangs known as a kotodama, and a long silver chain with no clasp or locking mechanism.

 

Sesshoumaru snatched up the paper before the pair could blink, much to the annoyance of his little brother. "Says here that the chain belongs to the miko and the kotodama belongs to the half-breed."

 

Inuyasha growled and snatched the letter back. While he briefly glanced at the note: "Kotodama to Inuyasha, links to Kagome. Pair place on each other." He turned to look at Kagome, whom had the kotodama in her hands. With a smile she put it over his head. "Nan da kore wa?! Don't put things around someone else's neck! It could be spelled!" He attempted to pull it off, but it wouldn't raise above his chin. "What the hell?! Bitch get this off me!"

 

Kagome rolled her eyes and took the note he dropped on the table as he struggled with the necklace. The moment her fingers touched the soft paper, blue ink scrawled across the paper. "Inuyasha o shizumeru kotoba o?"

 

Inuyasha paused in his fight with the rosary to look at her studying the paper. "Huh? Oro o, shizumeru datoo?" A look of confusion crossed his face before the understanding started to sink in. A subduing necklace?

 

The blue ink vanished and one word scrawled upon the paper. "O-su-wa-ri?" she asked in confusion, still not comprehending what all this meant.

 

A stricken look crossed his face the moment before a bright glow came from the beads. To the surprise of all the occupants, the hanyou lifted slightly into the air before his body slammed down into the floor, face down. A harsh grown ripped from his abused body. Stupid subduing necklaces. He hated all of them.

 

"Inuyasha!" Kagome jumped from her seat to check on him. She tugged at an arm and felt the magical resistance that held the boy in the ground. What did she do now? What could she do?

 

Sesshoumaru's mouth twitched into a small smile. "Omoshiroi. Kagome-san, could you repeat that phrase for me?"

 

Kagome turned to look at her brother-in-law in confusion. Repeat what? What exactly did she do to her mate? Was it that last word? Osuwari? It had to be, as it was only said minutes before the poor boy found himself planted into the wood work of the floor. Would it be a wise idea to say that again to her mate? He is after all rather temperamental and tends to sulk and pout a lot when he doesn't get his way.

 

"Don't you fucking dare, konoama!" came the muffled shout of the hanyou.

 

She glared down at him, all thoughts of being the kind mate gone. "Osuwari." A loud yelp followed as the hanyou smacked the floor again a little harder and a little deeper.

 

"Arigato," Sesshoumaru replied.

 

Kagome smiled as she took her seat again. "You are most welcome, Sesshoumaru-sama."

 

A few minutes later a growl announced the teen had returned to his feet. His eyes narrowed as they took in Sesshoumaru's gloating smirk, and Kagome's satisfied smile. It was not fair to have two people gang up on him. What'd he ever do to them? Wait… don't answer that.

 

"Pity the spell doesn't last very long," Sesshoumaru commented, a hand resting over his mouth to hide the unusual smile hidden there.

 

"Oi, Wen-" he trailed off at the dark look on the miko's face. "Eh… Kagome… What was that all about?!"

 

"You called me names again."

 

His ears hunched forward slightly in apology. Okay, so he did deserve the first one.

 

Kagome giggled and reached up to rub the soft fur of one. "Gomen ne, Inuyasha. It was an accident the first time. Ima no nashi."

 

He grumbled something about evil women and putting subduing necklaces on him, and bastard brothers encouraging the subduing. He took his seat back at the table, considerably more quiet and reserved than normal. The serious look on his face, unnerved the other two occupants in the room a little. Serious, contemplative looks just seemed wrong on such a fiery and emotional person.

 

Sesshoumaru pulled his gaze from the hanyou and glanced down at the broken chain. "Why ever would the Holy Child give you the necklaces last worn by Midoriko and her hanyou mate Fushinjin. The Shikon no Tama has not been reborn for centuries since it's first creation."

 

Inuyasha and Kagome, however, were not paying attention to him. Instead they were fighting over the chain and whether or not to put it on.

 

"If I have to wear this, it's only fair that you wear this one!" He snarled. He pulled the chain around the back of her neck and struggled to make the ends meet.

 

"But what if it's cursed? Besides the chain's broken!" she snapped back, her hands on the chair and preventing the hanyou from putting the necklace completely around her neck.

 

"I can always tie it on," he replied. "Besides, if I have to be subdued it's only fair that you get a curse too!"

 

"I'm your mate! You're supposed to protect me from things like that!"

 

"Didn't stop you from doing it to me!" A few more struggles and the pair found themselves holding the chain ends together in front of her neck. When they finally relaxed their battle, they noticed that nothing seemed to have happened. "See nothing happened," he stated.

 

Kagome grumbled and released her hands from the chain. Inuyasha followed and as their hands released the ends a loud crash echoed throughout the room. Ears flattened and hands by the ears as the cacophony sound resounded in the large dinning room, shattering several water glasses. Then just as the sound seemed to grow louder, a blinding white light began to glow around her.

 

Kagome's scream filled the room, echoing the already high blasted sound, as pain filled her mind and body. She collapsed to the floor as a bright pink orb pulsed in her side a moment, before it materialized itself outside her body. The other objects in the room pushed back from her. Small objects soared and shattered instantly against the walls. Even the wood of her chair started to splinter with the sound and force of magic in the air. A moment later the sound shut off, as if someone controlling a radio had flipped the switch. The silence was all encompassing, and for a moment one would believe they had gone deaf. When the light at last disappeared, the pair each sat there staring wide eyed at a glowing pink jewel that connected the ends of the broken chain around her neck.

 

"Well that you don't see every day," muttered Sesshoumaru as he stood from his seat, and moved over to check on the girl. Inuyasha growled, and he stopped moving. It is and never has been a good idea to fight with another youkai over their mate. Even family ties have not been enough to save a friend from trying to help another's mate. He backed off a step, and turned his body just so to show he intended not to aide or approach in any way.

 

Satisfied that his warning was heeded, Inuyasha carefully moved toward the girl on the floor. He long raven hair covered her face and her body seemed to be trembling. "Kagome, daijoubu?" It was a long silence before the girl flung herself into the surprised hanyou's arms. She was sobbing and mumbling incoherent words and phrases into his shirt.

 

"Inuyasha, take the girl back to your room. I'll have Jaken send up some tea. I'll be in my study to make a few phone calls to the council about this. Ring Kiza if you wish to go to your new house," Sesshoumaru stated before departed from the room with quick inhuman strides.

 

Slowly, Inuyasha lifted the girl into his arms and carried her from the room. Little did they know, but the necklaces had added one more strand to their bond. From the first youkai mating bond of a bite to bond their bodies, to the council's soul bond to start to join their souls, to human marriage to bind their lives and names, to the necklaces of two past lovers the began the bond of their hearts, they were now ready to embarked on a trial that they could not stop. A trial to determine how strong a bond between two people can be. But do not worry and do not fret, for you see as time goes on- a bond can only get stronger, no matter how weak it may appear to be.

---------------------------------------------------------------- --------

 

Translation and Pronunciation Guide:

 

Sawatte mitai- (sah-waht-teh me-tie) I want (would like) to touch them.

 

Rin- (ree-n) A bell.

 

Ojisan- (Oh-gee-sah-n) Uncle.

 

Obasan- (Oh-bah-sah-n) Aunt.

 

Onegai- (Oh-neh-guy) Please.

 

Oji- (oh-gee) Short form and slang for uncle.

 

Musume- (moo-sue-meh) Daughter.

 

Otousan- (oh-toe-sahn) Father.

 

Minoru- (me-noh-roo) Fruit.

 

Raimei- (rye-meh-e) Thunder clap, thunder.

 

Sango- (sah-n-goh) Coral.

 

Namigashira- (nah-me-gah-she-rah) Wave crest.

 

Miroku- (me-row-coo) Not a good body or person.

 

Taiji-ya- (tie-gee- yah) Taiji means to exterminate, and ya is in referral to a group… Thus Sango is from an exterminator people/society.

 

Ah and Un- (ah oo-n) Ah and Un is a two headed dragon youkai. Basically they mean gasp and groan.

 

Nan da kore wa- (nah-n dah koh-reh wah) What the heck is this?

 

Inuyasha o shizumeru kotoba o- (e-new-yah-sha oh she-zoo-meh-roo koh-toh-bah oh) Taken from the actual manga. It basically means: A word that will silence/calm down/quiet Inuyasha.

 

Oro o, Shizumeru datoo- (oh-roh oh she-zoo-meh-roo dah-toe) Basically means: I am going to be tamed/quieted/silenced?

 

Osuwari- (oh-sue-wah-ree) Sit. Used primarily to make a male dog sit.

 

Omoshiroi- (oh-moh-she-row-e) Fascinating.

 

Ima no nashi- (e-mah noh nah-she) Difficult to translate but basically means that she didn't mean the first one and that she wished she could take it back and have it not count against her.

 

Midoriko- (me-doh-ree-koh) Green, Verdant with a feminine ending of ko for girl or child.

 

Fushinjin- (foo-sheen-jean) unreligious, impiety, impure, infidel.

 

Shikon no Tama- (she-con noh tah-mah) Jewel of four souls.

 

Daijoubu- (die-jooh-boo) Are you all right?

 

Jaken- (jah-keh-n) Unkind, cruel.

 

Kiza- (key-zah) Conceited, snobbish.