InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Takahashi High ❯ Meet the Characters ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer - I do not own Inu Yasha and co., Rumiko Takahashi does. And I don't own Happy Bunny or Sponge Bob Square Pants either, I just put um' in here because I like um'.

Just so you know! I'm home-schooled, so I don't know the public school system very well! If I've messed it up, I'm sorry! Feel free to correct me on whatever I've messed up, just please be nice! It's my first fanfic. Hope you enjoy it!

Characters: Kagome Higarashi - 17, Sango Taijiya - 17, Rin Tenseiga - 17, Miroku Houshi - 18, Inu Yasha Go-Shinboku - 18, Sess Go-Shinboku - 18

BEEPBEEPBEEP

Seventeen-year old Kagome Higarashi groaned and pushed the snooze button on her alarm clock. She yawned and sat up, not looking forward to her first day at her new high school, Takahashi High. Her and her family, which consisted of her mother, grandfather, and little brother Souta, all just moved here, so Kagome was transferring in the middle of the school year. She walked into her bathroom to wash her face just as her mother knocked on her door.

"I'm up!" Kagome called.

Ms. Higarashi called back, "Okay dear, breakfast is ready, hurry up so you won't be late!"

Kagome splashed some water on her face and walked back into her bedroom. After much consideration, and lots of throwing clothes around, Kagome settled on wearing a pair of hip hugger jeans, and a light blue shirt that said `Angel' across it. She ran a quick brush through her black hair and deemed it acceptable before she grabbed her backpack and pocketed her silver cell phone, and then walked down the stairs.

Kagome heard her brother playing his PS2 in to the next room as she settled at the table across from her mother and grandfather.

"Looking forward to your first day of school?" Kagome's grandfather asked her.

Kagome rolled her eyes but smiled sweetly. "Sure, gramps."

Kagome dug into some pancakes and orange juice, and finished in a record time. She put her dishes in the sink and said, "Okay, see you guys later."

The adults said goodbye to Kagome as she walked into the next room to collect her brother.

"Come on, Souta, we need to go."

Souta whined but shut off his PS2. They put on their shoes and walked out to Kagome's pride and joy, her 1968 bright red Jaguar. Before they moved here, Kagome's old neighbor, Mr. Myoga, sold it to Kagome real cheap, if she agreed to take him to bingo night at the retirement home. Kagome happily obliged, and soon enough, had her dream car. She got a nice stereo system installed, and her mother agreed to bring it with them when they moved.

Kagome put on her New Found Glory CD and backed out of her driveway. She sped down the street, happily singing along to Better Off Dead. Souta held onto his seat with a death grip, and when Kagome stopped in front of the Rumiko Middle School, he jumped out of the car as if he got a shock.

"I'll pick you up at 3:00!" Kagome called to him.

But Souta shook his head and called back, "That's okay, I'll walk!" and ran off before Kagome could protest.

Shrugging, Kagome drove down to the high school, still singing along with her CD. Once at the school, she pulled into an empty parking spot in between a white Corvette and a silver Viper.

Rich kids. Kagome assumed. If they were anything like the kids at her old school, they'd be snotty and shallow. Getting out of her car, Kagome saw two girls standing around the Corvette. They smiled at her when she walked by and one of the girls called, "Nice car!"

Kagome smiled and stopped. "Thanks." She glanced at the Corvette. "You too."

"What year is that?" The other girl asked, circling Kagome's baby.

"'68." Kagome called.

The girl smiled. "Really nice car."

Kagome smiled and the two girls walked over to her. "I'm Sango Taijiya. And this is Rin Tenseiga." The first girl introduced.

"Kagome Higarashi." She replied, smiling at the girls.

Sango was wearing a jean skirt with a bright pink tank top, and her black hair in a high ponytail. Rin had on a pair of black hip huggers and a yellow shirt with the Happy Bunny on the front saying `Cute but psycho. Things even out'. She had her black hair down with a clip on the side.

"Just moved here?" Rin asked Kagome.

Kagome nodded and Rin clapped her hands together, saying very enthusiastically, "Well welcome to Takahashi High! You'll absolutely hate it here, because of the annoying teachers, terrible food, and crappy football team. But other than that, it's great!"

Kagome laughed and said, "Looking forward to it."

Sango rolled her eyes at Rin, and suddenly a thought struck her. "Hey, did you remember my disc-man?"

Rin nodded her head vigorously and walked over to the Viper. She pulled out a disc-man and handed it to Sango. "I told you I'd remember it."

Sango grinned and put it in the Corvette.

Walking back to Kagome, Sango said, "So, what classes are you in?"
Kagome fished her schedule out of her pocket, but before she could look it over, Rin took it from her and began reading it. "Cool! You've got history with me and Yash, math with Sango, science with Sess and Miroku, and language with all of us!" Rin beamed at her. "How fun!"

Kagome laughed, thrilled that Sango and Rin weren't stuck up like she thought they would be. Just then, a yellow Lamborghini pulled up and parked next to the Viper. Three boys got out of the car, having a heated disagreement.

A dark haired boy, wearing a pair of black jeans with a chain and a purple hoodie, his hair pulled back in a tiny ponytail, was saying to the other two, "No way. No possible way! Cat Woman is much hotter than Wonder Woman!"

The other two just rolled their amber eyes. They both had silver hair, and were the same height. They were obviously twins, but fraternal twins, since their height and eye and hair color were the only similarities. One of them had a very expressionless face, while the other one was wearing a scowl. The one with the scowl was wearing a black shirt with baggy blue jeans, while the other was wearing white jeans, also baggy, and a red wife beater.

The scowling one shook his head. "Miroku, are you fuckin stupid? Wonder Woman is way hotter! With bigger boobs!"

Miroku just game a dramatic sigh. "Inu Yasha, take into consideration the tight suit that Cat Woman wears. I mean you can see-"

"AHEM!" Sango glared at the two boys, shutting them up.

All three boys looked up, as if just noticing the girls. Sango put her hands on her hips. "You were saying?"

Miroku froze for a second before recovering and striding over to Sango. "Ah, Sango my dearest, don't you look ravishing today."

Sango blushed and shook her head. "Cram it, Houshi."

Miroku grinned and squeezed her bottom. Sango gave a screech and walloped Miroku with her backpack.

Rin laughed and walked over to the expressionless boy. She grinned up at him. "Good morning, Sessy."

He just smiled down at her and kissed her gently. "Morning."

Rin turned around to face Kagome and made the introductions.

Kagome, this is Sess, his brother Inu Yasha, and the one on the ground is Miroku." Kagome said hi to all of them, and Miroku leapt up from the ground and grabbed Kagome's hand. "Kagome, would you do the honor of bearing my child?"

Kagome stared at Miroku like he was insane, and a second later, he was knocked out on the ground again by Sango.

"Quit being such a lech!" She screamed at him. Sango then turned to Kagome with a smile, as if nothing had just happened.

"Miroku Houshi, resident lecher. Sess Go-Shinboku, Rin's boyfriend. Inu Yasha Go-Shinboku, Takahashi's number one ass." She told her.

Kagome laughed. "Quite an interesting group you have here."

Sango grinned at her. "Well, as Rin said, this school sucks, so we've got to find things to make it interesting."

"How interesting, my sweet?" Miroku asked from the ground. Sango shot a deadly glare at him, but chose to ignore him.

Rin turned to Inu Yasha and asked, "So, what happened to your car this time?"

He glared at Rin. "What makes you think something happened to my car?"

Rin giggled. "Well, the only times you're willing to bum a ride with Sessy is when you've ruined your car, and it's in the shop. That's why Miroku is getting a ride, so what's your excuse?"

Inu Yasha turned away and muttered, "Feh." And so Sess answered, "Actually, his car is still running. He is grounded from it, because of Kouga."

Sango snorted in amusement. "Why don't you just ignore him, Inu Yasha? It's not worth it."

Inu Yasha growled. "If that bastard would just keep his mouth shut, then I wouldn't have to beat his ass!"

Sango laughed and said to Kagome, "Inu Yasha has had an ongoing feud with this guy, Kouga, since grade 9. They're always getting in trouble with each other, causing fights in the middle of school."

Inu Yasha growled again and turned away. Kagome tried to hide her giggle, and Inu Yasha turned to glare at her, but stopped and stared at her. Why hadn't he noticed it before? This chick is hot! Kagome blushed when Inu Yasha continued staring at her, and turned to everyone else.

"Well, I've got to go get my locker set up, so I'll-"

"We'll go with you!" Rin said brightly.

Kagome laughed and agreed, and they walked into the school. Sango led the way to the main office, where Kagome got her locker information. Walked down the halls, Kagome found her locker and put everything away, except for the book she'd need for first period. Turning around to face the others, Rin bounded over to her.

"Do you have a cell phone?"

Kagome nodded and pulled out her silver flip phone. Rin grabbed it and added everyone's cell phones number. "Okay, and what's your number?"

Kagome smiled and told her. Rin went around to make sure that everyone had added it before handing Kagome her cell phone back.

"Rin is the cell phone queen. She's got at least three, and plays with them all. Currently, this is her favorite phone." Sango told Kagome. The girls laughed and Rin grinned.

"What can I say, different cell phones for my different moods!"

Everyone laughed, and then a bell rang above them.

The group groaned and Rin said, "Come on Kagome, lets go get a seat in the back."

Kagome said bye to the others and followed Rin into a nearby classroom. Inu Yasha followed them, looking grumpy with his hands in his pockets. The three sat next to each other, with Kagome in the middle. When the teacher walked in and began the lesson, Rin brought out a multi-colored notebook. She opened it to a blank page and wrote a note down. She passed the notebook to Kagome, who took it slowly and read over the note.

~Kagome-This class is so easy, Nobunaga never pays attention!-Rin~

Kagome grinned and wrote back.

~Rin-That's good, at least we won't get in trouble!-Kagome~

Throughout the class they wrote back and forth, talking about nothing in particular. Inu Yasha dozed in his seat next to Kagome, his head on his arms. Kagome giggled when she saw him and pointed him out to Rin, who giggled back.

~He never pays attention in any class, yet he always gets good marks. I wish I could do that!-Rin~

~Yeah really! Is he seriously asleep, or just not paying attention?-Kagome~

Rin grinned evilly before she wrote back.

~Lets find out, shall we?-Rin~

She then reached across Kagome's desk and gave Inu Yasha a hard poke in the back on the head with her pencil. Inu Yasha shot up, startled, looking around angrily. Kagome and Rin smothered their laughter, and he growled at them, Nobunaga still teaching cluelessly in the front of the class.

Snatching the note from Kagome, Inu Yasha scribbled furiously and then threw it back it them. Kagome caught it and read it, Rin reading over her shoulder.

~wood u bitches leave me da hell alone?? i was sleeping, damnit!-yash~

Rin laughed harder, but Kagome felt a little guilty about bothering him, so when the bell rang, she caught his arm.

"Inu Yasha, I'm really sorry about waking you up. Even though you shouldn't have been sleeping in class, it still wasn't very nice of us." Kagome said, looked down.

Inu Yasha watched her, startled. No one had ever apologized to him before. He looked at her suspiciously before saying, "Feh. It's not the first time Rin has done that. If you have to wake me up, don't poke my head."

Kagome looked up and giggled slightly. Inu Yasha gave her a slight smile and walked away. Rin caught up with Kagome. "Hey, I can show you where your next class is before I go to mine."

Kagome smiled gratefully at her. She retrieved her books and followed Rin down the hall. In the classroom, they saw Sango sitting in the back, fuming. Rin giggled and pushed Kagome forward.

"I'd ask her what's wrong, but I'll be late, so you go."

Kagome smiled and walked over to her. Taking her seat next to Sango she said quietly, "What's up, Sango?"

Sango looked over at her and thrust her cell phone into her hands, mutter, "Damn Miroku!"

Kagome looked down at the cell phone to see a text message saying: how i miss ur goddess-like body, 2 touch, 2 hold, & 2 be hit bi u. c u soon, love!

Kagome stifled her laughter and gave Sango a semi-serious look. "He really seems to like you."

Sango rolled her eyes. "Oh please, he's just a pervert!"

Kagome looked at Sango intently before carefully saying, "Do you… like Miroku?"

Sango blushed three different shades of red and sputtered, "Wha-? You can't be serious! Me? Like him? Of course not!"

Kagome bit her lip as she watched Sango fidget in her seat. Kagome grinned and looked away. "Okay."

"I don't! He's a lecher!" Sango spat defiantly.

Kagome looked over at Sango but didn't say anything, causing the girl to continue defending herself. But just then the teacher walked in and she was silenced.

Kagome listened with rapt attention, but was suddenly distracted as Sango passed a note to her.

~Kagome-The boy is a player. He doesn't want a girlfriend, he just wants a girl to mess around with.-Sango~

~Sango-Okay, I still think that he likes you, though.-Kagome~

Sango stared at the note and didn't write back. The rest of the period she looked deep in thought. When the bell rang the girls stood up and Kagome turned around, preparing to apologize, just in case she pissed off Sango. But before she could speak, Sango smiled at her and said, "Time for lunch!"

Kagome nodded and followed her out of the classroom. They put their stuff in their lockers and Sango led the way down to the lunchroom. She smiled warmly at Kagome, telling her without talking, that she wasn't mad.

In the lunchroom, they found the others already sitting down. When they got their food they walked over and sat down at the table. Sess and Rin were talking quietly to each other, while Miroku and Inu Yasha were laughing about something that Miroku just said. Sango and Kagome sat down, and Rin smiled at them. "Hey Kagome, I was thinking of having a movie night this weekend at my house. You want to come?"

Kagome smiled back at her. "Sure, sounds great."

Rin wrote down her address and Messenger name on a piece of paper and handed it to her. "Either call me tonight, or get online if you can, and we'll discuss the details."

Kagome nodded and pocketed the paper. "Thanks."

Lunch went well, except for Sango knocking Miroku unconscious twice for groping her. She gave Kagome a meaningful look, but Kagome just shook her head and smiled. The bell rang and everyone went to their classes. At the end of the day, everyone walked out to their cars and Rin announced to the others, "Don't forget to get online! We need to decide everything for my movie night!" Sango and Kagome laughed at her enthusiasm, but everyone agreed.

Sess wrapped his arms around Rin and whispered in her ear, causing her to blush and giggle. Which, in turn, caused Inu Yasha to making gagging noises, which caused the others to laugh. Smirking at his brother, Sess said nothing but instead gave Rin a passionate kiss. When he pulled away, she had a dazed look in her eyes and a goofy smile on her lips.

Kagome just shook her head. "I've got to get home. I'll talk to you all tonight."

They all said goodbye and Kagome got into her car and drove away.

At home, Kagome and Souta told their mother about their day while they prepared dinner. Souta had apparently made two friends, Kohaku and Shippo, and was planning on meeting them at the video arcade after school the next day.

When they finished eating and cleaning the table, Kagome asked her mother about Rin's movie night. She agreed to let Kagome go, and then Kagome went up to her room to finish her homework. A few hours later, she finally signed online.

(A/N - Everyone's screen names: Kagome- CuteKag, Sango- IluvKirara, Rin- DaddysLittleGirl, Inu Yasha- ahsayuni, Miroku- MasterPervert, Sess- RinsSessy)

DaddysLittleGirl: Good, everyone's here!

MasterPervert: hey sess, wuts w/ da sn, man?

RinsSessy: ask rin

DaddysLittleGirl: Ini't cute? I made it up!

IluvKirara: *laughs* It suits you, Sess

MasterPervert: very manly

RinsSessy: shutup

IluvKirara: Well in all fairness, Miroku's sn fits him better

MasterPervert: dats y u love me!

IluvKirara: SHUT UP!

IluvKirara: Hey Kagome, you with us?

CuteKag: Yup!

ahsayuni: ur sn is a bit full of urself, doncha think?

IluvKirara: Shut up, Yash

CuteKag: My friend made this sn for me before I moved, and I've been to busy to change it. What's yours supposed to be, anywho?

ahsayuni: i-n-u-y-a-s-h-a a-h-s-a-y-u-n-i my name backwords

IluvKirara: He's unoriginal

ahsayuni: shutup! at least mine isnt bout a stuupid cat!

IluvKirara: Kirara isn't stupid!

CuteKag: Who's Kirara?

ahsayuni: a stupid cat

IluvKirara: Kirara is my cat, who is the greatest cat ever!

MasterPervert: i like pussy

DaddysLittleGirl: MIROKU!

IluvKirara: MIROKU YOU PERV!

CuteKag: EWWW!

ahsayuni: rotflmao!!!!!

RinsSessy: good 1

DaddysLittleGirl: *shakes head* Look guys, we're getting off track. I need to assign specific duties for everyone. Like, some will need to supply drinks, others food, blah blah blah.

RinsSessy: talk away, babe

DaddysLittleGirl: Thank you baby. Now, I will have the movies, and it'll be at my house. I figure we can get pop, ice cream, and chips and the like. Lets all meet at the grocery store after school on Friday, since it's only a half day, and we'll break up into groups from there. Then we can drive over to my house. Problems, anyone?

RinsSessy: its perfect

ahsayuni: feh

IluvKirara: Sounds good

CuteKag: No problems

MasterPervert: ohhhh, who lives in a pineapple under da sea?

DaddysLittleGirl: Sponge Bob Square Pants! *ahem* I mean, that's all settled, then!

MasterPervert: well, now that thats outa da way, waddya say we cyber, sango?

>>IluvKirara has signed off as of 10:34 PM<<

ahsayuni: miroku, ur a moron

MasterPervert: takes 1 2 no 1

RinsSessy: im goin 2 sign off 2

DaddysLittleGirl: Call me, Sessy!

RinsSessy: ok babe. nite

DaddysLittleGirl: I'm going too. Bye!!!

CuteKag: Bye, guys!

>>RinsSessy has signed off as of 10:37 PM<<

>>DaddysLittleGirl has signed off as of 10:37 PM<<

MasterPervert: so, kagome, u seein any1?

CuteKag: No, but I'd never go out with you

ahsayuni: burn!!!!!

MasterPervert: ah, kagome, im hurt

CuteKag: No your not. You like Sango! Stop being such a player!

ahsayuni: as much as i hate 2 agree w/ her, shes rite

CuteKag: Thanks, I think…?

MasterPervert: ur rite. i like her. but she doesnt like me

CuteKag: Give her a chance. You've just gotta stop bein a perv

ahsayuni: ya, stop bein a lecher!

MasterPervert: ok ok, i c ur point. but its so hard to resist her b-u-tiful body.

MasterPervert: uh-oh, mushin's callin. Talk 2 u guys later

>>MasterPervert has signed off as of 10:42 PM<<

CuteKag: Who's Mushin?

ahsayuni: miroku's godfather. his parents go on trips alot, so he stays with mushin

CuteKag: Ohhh.

ahsayuni: ya

ahsayuni: so, ur not seein any 1

CuteKag: Nope. You?

ahsayuni: nah

CuteKag: Hm

ahsayuni: wut?

CuteKag: Nothing. I gotta go. See you tomorrow

ahsayuni: feh

>>CuteKag has signed off as of 10:45 PM<<

Inu Yasha signed out as well and turned off his computer. Good, she's single. I might have a chance.