InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Tear Drops ❯ Chapter Five ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Tear Drops
By: DarkCrystalis


XxXx

Chapter Five

Sango resisted the strong urge to let her jaw drop open in shock after the password to the gate was used.

The black, iron-wrought gates slowly creaked open due to their automated technological brilliance from recognizing Kagome as one of the home's inhibitors. Someone inside was controlling the opening and closing of the gates, according to what Kagome had told her.

Sighing and nodding, Sango merely trudged along as the mansion came immediately into view.

Sure, the mansion was called “the mansion” for a reason, but…did it really have to be so god damn BIG?

Just from looking outside she could tell there were at LEAST twenty bedrooms! There were also three cars parked out in the driveway, which consisted of a yellow and black Honda S2000, a silver 2005 Porsche Boxster, and a ten passenger 2004 Lincoln super stretch Limousine.

Kagome and Rin skipped up the long walkway, not bothering to admire the beautiful flowers that adorned the green fields as they made their way to the mansion. Sango, however, continued to be awestruck as she slowly made her way to her new home.

Her friends immediately stopped when they realized that Sango was not with them. Spinning around, they giggled at Sango's expression.

“Oh yeah, she hasn't seen any of this yet, has she?” Kagome exclaimed, smiling.

“Don't feel bad for acting like this; we were a lot like you when we first came here, too. It'll pass soon enough, though, when you live here long enough. I mean, you'll still love the beauty of it and all, but it won't shock you.”

Grinning widely, they grabbed Sango's hand and dragged her to the doors of the mansion.

As the doors opened, a short man, shockingly resembling the physical appearance of a frog, met their presence.

“Good day Kagome Taishou and Rin Taishou,” he said as he bowed lowly.

“Jaken, is that really necessary?” Rin asked as she giggled, and then pointed to Sango, who was hiding behind them.

“This is Sango, and she'll be staying here for the next month or so with us. Please spread the word to all the others, so that they don't make a mistake, and kick her out…” Kagome giggled, and then promptly cleared her throat.

“Her room will be beside ours, and we'll show her around as soon as she gets settled in.”

Nodding his head without complaint, Jaken closed and locked the doors behind them as the girls skipped to their wing.

“Silly creatures, these human beings are…”

XxXx

Inuyasha raked his hands through his hair in frustration.

Great; the last thing I need is another woman at the mansion for Miroku to harass…

Grinding his teeth together, he made his way to the main floor of the mansion, where Miroku was. They'd come home for lunch not too long ago, so he stealthily crept into the kitchen to find him sitting in one of the chairs.

Things had to be explained to him, once and for all.

As soon as he flung the door open, Miroku nearly leaped out of his chair.

“I swear I didn't do anything!” he said in shock, and slight fear.

“I know…I'm just here to straighten some things out with you.”

Nodding his head, Miroku wearily leaned forwards in attention.

“Sango is moving into our mansion today, and will be here for about a month. Therefore, if I catch you harassing any of the females in the mansion aside from Sango, I'll kick your ass without remorse. Not only that, but I'll make sure that you never step foot in the mansion or its grounds ever again.”

Miroku visibly swallowed, and closed his eyes.

God, was this heaven? Sango would be moving into the mansion? Were the angels on his side today?

Silently praying to Buddha with his hands clasped together, he began the short trek to the front doors.

He'd come home from work early with Inuyasha, wanting to eat lunch at the mansion for a change. Luckily for him, he had perfect timing today.

Finding out that Sango was already settling in according to Jaken, Miroku wasted no time racing up to Kagome's and Rin's bedroom quarters. Something told him that Sango would be staying near them for protection during her stay at the mansion…

…Although what they wanted to protect her from was still a complete mystery to him; for the time being.

Grinning wildly when he saw her reaching for her bag before entering her room, he immediately stepped in, ignoring the shocked look on her face. Picking up the bag, he walked into her room as if it were his own, not bothering to examine her disbelief.

“M-M-Miroku? What are you doing here?!”

“What do you mean `what are you doing here?' I live here, dear Sango. I must have forgotten to mention it to you earlier, my mistake. Oh, and where were you planning on going when you said “I guess this is goodbye”, huh?” Despite his apology, he didn't sound one bit sorry about it. In fact, he was smiling with such mischievousness that it made her wonder…

Ignoring his question, Sango scowled at him. “Okay, fine, you live here. How long do you plan on staying? A few days, a week?”

Creasing his brows together in confusion, Miroku took a step forwards in silent questioning.

“You couldn't possibly permanently live here; they'd all kill themselves if they had to live with you everyday, I'm sure of it!”

Feeling his jaw drop open slightly in wordlessness, Miroku turned around and exited the room, leaving the bag she brought with her on the bed.

Sango stood and stared at the open door for a good moment or two before what just happened registered in her mind.

H-he lives here…everyday…

“Kagome?” Calling her name from her frozen spot, Sango waited patiently for her trustworthy friend to make her appearance.

“Yeah? Is everything going well so far?”

Pausing, Sango bit her lip in sudden guilt.

“Miroku…he lives here, right?”

Smiling lightly, Kagome hugged her friend. “Of course he does—he didn't tell you? How weird!”

“Oh,” was all she managed to reply.

“Is everything alright, Sango? Can I get you something?”

A reality check, maybe—and a couple shots of vodka. “No, I think I'm alright. I just need some alone time to settle in, you know?”

Nodding her head enthusiastically in response, Kagome patted her shoulder.

“It'll be so much fun with you living here—I promise!”

Watching Kagome stride out of the room, Sango then walked over to the door and shut it, sliding her body against it's strong frame.

Well done, Sango; well fucking done.

XxXx

Kagome raced down the hallway, not bothering to pay attention to where she was going. After all, no one else was home, right? Everyone else was at the offic—

Crash.

Or not.

“Owiee…Inuyasha, what are you doing here? Watch where you're going, damnit!” Huffing at the sudden bump on her head, Kagome skipped over his form and continued going down to the main floor. She was on a mission to find Rin, and find out what she was doing.

Scowling, Inuyasha ran over to the top of the stairs and yelled, “It was all your fault you fell over, wench!”

Rubbing his collarbone, he sniffed haughtily before knocking on Sango's door. As far as he knew, she'd just gotten here ten minutes earlier.

The least I can do is welcome her here, and offer her some help, even if she doesn't need it.

Tapping his fisted knuckles on the door, he waited for her response.

However, there was none.

What the…? Maybe she didn't hear me.

Knocking again, a little more forcefully, Inuyasha pressed his ear against the door, doing his best to try and listen to any possible sounds from inside the room.

Still, no reply, but there were noises…

…Oh yes, an abundance of noise, which made him pull his ear away from the door immediately.

She couldn't hear him because she was singing; and quite well, actually…but, strangely enough, he couldn't hear the music.

Pressing on the door with barely enough pressure, he was mildly surprised when it opened.

There she stood, singing “Don't Forget About Us” by Mariah Carey with headphones in her ears, and a mini MP3 player attached to the top of her shirt.

And if she's got your head all messed up now
That's the trickery
She'll wanna have like you know how this lovin' used to be
I bet she can't do it like me
She'll never be MC
Baby don't you, don't you forget about us

Late nights, playin' in the dark
And wakin' up inside my arms
Boy, you'll always be in my heart and
I can see it in your eyes
You still want it
So don't forget about us

I'm just speaking from experience
Nothing can compare to your first true love
So I hope this will remind you
When it's for real, it's forever
So don't forget about us

It was strange hearing the high notes sail from her throat into the emptiness of the room, but not unpleasant in the least. The only real reason why it was weird was because he thought she was more of a “rocker” so to speak.

Apparently, he'd assumed incorrectly.

She sang the words with such conviction that it suddenly scared him for a moment.

Could she be thinking about someone while she's singing this?


Shrugging the ludicrous thought aside, Inuyasha exited the room, not wanting to be noticed. She seemed busy putting away some clothing and other items, anyway.

Creeping back downstairs with utter stealth once again, Inuyasha was determined to get back at Kagome for running into him earlier.

Or maybe I'll just deny her some lovin' tonight instead…yeah, that's what I'll do…

Laughing out loud at his sudden plan, his smile was immediately wiped off his face when he was hit with a realization.

Aw fuck, this means I won't get any, either.

Scowling, he strode past the kitchen over to the backyard, not bothering to spare anyone in the kitchen a glance.

“What's his problem?” Miroku wondered aloud, ignoring his strange behaviour.

If anyone had anything to complain about, it was him.

XxXx

The rest of the afternoon had been fairly uneventful; Sango unpacked alone in her room as she sang, Miroku hung out in the kitchen stuffing his face with junk food, and Inuyasha, Kagome, Sesshoumaru and Rin decided to laze about on the couch to watch a movie.

However, once the video was over, Inuyasha got up and began to complain of his stomach's hunger pangs. Everyone rolled their eyes at him that was present, far too used to hearing this.

“Should we order-in tonight?” Rin asked, not feeling like cooking, and getting the feeling that no one else did, either.

Sango walked down the stairs right after Rin asked, feeling suddenly uncomfortable at everyone's silence.

“Hiya Sango; finally done unpacking, huh? Or maybe your vocal chords wore out first?”

With a small blush, she nodded her head at the first rhetorical question, glancing at Kagome. “Did I miss out on something?”

“Nah—we're just deciding what to order for dinner.”

Nodding her head, she seated herself on the huge reclining chair near the couch. Picking up the empty cassette holder from on the coffee table, she smirked at the title on it.

“You boys actually sat through this?” She said, gesturing to the Cinderella spin off chick flick “Ever After”.

Rolling their eyes, the men pointed their fingers to their girlfriends from behind them, clearly showing it wasn't their pick.

Smirking behind her hand, Sango lay down in the chair, pulling her line of vision to the kitchen. She could see Miroku munching on a cookie with the box right beside him, along with a half-full glass of milk.

Silently, she wondered why he wasn't here with everyone else, at least attempting to enjoy the movie. The rest of the boys managed to suck it up—why didn't he?

It dawned on her that he would be the only one not in a relationship, and that he might feel somewhat left out.

Instead of pitying him, she found herself able to relate, although she didn't want to.

Being reminded of that, she was also brought to the attention of something else.

Feeling a gnawing guilt in the pit of her stomach from their earlier encounter, she got up, and strolled over to him.

Wearing a bright, friendly smile, Sango sat down next to him.

At first, he didn't look at her, or even acknowledge her presence.

However, when she began talking, she could tell he was listening.

“Do you know what you want to eat for supper? Or maybe you're not hungry anymore after eating half the box of cookies?”

His met her stare, at first reluctantly, but then Sango could see a small light of hope in those violet-blue eyes.

A small smile worked its way onto her lips, which made him, in turn, smile back.

“I'm sorry for not believing you earlier,” Sango whispered, the smile suddenly wiped from her face. “Can I make it up to you somehow?”

A dark smirk adorned his lips, a knowing look in his eyes at her innocent suggestion.

Rolling her eyes, she poked him harshly in the shoulder. “Don't even begin to think like that, or I'll take it back.”

His hands were brought up in front of him in defense, wordlessly telling her “Alright, alright, I give—let me think of something else.”

After a moment's thought, he snapped his fingers, coming to a fairly innocent request. “Dinner,” he stated without a moment's hesitation, waiting patiently for her reply. “Tonight,” he added as an after thought.

Blushing brightly, Sango nodded her head, feeling fearful of her voice all of a sudden; something told her the words wouldn't come out in a normal voice if she spoke.

A loud “Whoooo!” came from the other room, which made Sango blush harder. Miroku merely winked, wrapping an arm around her shoulders easily.

“Mmm, I knew you'd agree; my charms are just too irresistable,” he said, laughing.

Rolling her eyes again, she pulled his arms off her body, shivering at the loss of his touch.

“It's just a one time thing—don't get too excited.”

“You won't say that when you come home,” Miroku purred in her ear, making sure no one else would hear.

Her blush deepened, if even possible, which made her run back to her room.

When she was out of earshot, Inuyasha called, “Where do you plan on taking her?”

Pondering, Miroku shrugged his shoulders in indifference. “I couldn't care less—as long as I get her away from all you clowns. I'd just like to be alone with her, for a change.”

A few grumbles of protest were heard, but they were immediately shushed by low pitched sounds of Kagome and Rin.

“Now—what will we be having for dinner?”

“Anything,” Inuyasha growled, patting his stomach, “As long as there's lots of it.”

XxXx

Inside her bedroom, Sango debated over what she should wear to dinner. It might have helped knowing where they might be going out to eat, but just in case it was somewhere nice…

Rushing into the bathroom, she stripped off her pants at lightning speed, turning on the water in the process.

Shaving her legs quicker than ever in her entire life, she wiped them dry, and began running around in her room like a chicken with its head chopped off.

What to wear, what to wear?

Sango wasn't a very girly girl, but she did have her moments where she knew to shine…

…and now was one of them.

Pulling out a certain article of clothing from in the closet and her make up bag, she stopped in front of the mirror, and made her eyes, body, and soul sparkle radiantly.

Admiring her form after a good twenty minutes of work, she had to clamp down the intense feeling to start skipping down the hall.

I wonder what Miroku will think?

Dropping her jaw, she stopped mid-stride.

Wait—why do I care what he thinks again?

Because he likesyou; he wants to hugyou, and kissyou, and loveyou!

The half-comical, half-serious words floated through her mind, making her smile giddily.

We
'll have to see about that.

XxXx


Miroku waited patiently by the staircase, wondering what was taking so long. Sango never took her time getting ready to go anywhere; it was always “throw on the clothes and leave.”

Even at work she'd always dressed some-what casually, never daring to wear make up. According to her, it wasn't her “style.”

However, when she began to walk down the staircase, he couldn't have prepared himself, even if he'd known what was coming.

There was only one word to describe her: wow.

XxXx

Author's Note

I know this chapter is short, but I apologize. I've had quite a bit of writer's block, and I'll do my best with the next update (as in how fast I can get it up; hopefully faster than usual?).

It's been around 3 months since my last update, and if I still have any readers left, I'm eternally grateful for those of you who haven't lost faith in me. I did the best that I could with this chapter, and although it may be lacking, please have mercy on me. The past few months have been hard on me, and I'm trying really hard to make it up to all of you.

Once again, thank you so much for all of your constant support and reviews—they motivated me to get this chapter done and posted.

Until chapter 6!

Sincerely,

-DarkCrystalis