InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Tenseiga ❯ Vanishings ( Chapter 7 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Kagome knew they were watching, but the pains in her abdomen were making it hard for her to think. She gasped softly and doubled over in pain. Large warm hands supported her as she collapsed to the ground. She looked up into golden eyes. A smile touched her face.

"Sesshomaru…it hurts."

He cradled her in his arms. "Where?"

She took his hand and laid it over her abdomen. He felt the muscles ripple and clench. She could see a frown come into his eyes. The pain passed and she collapsed against him. He held her closer, trying to discern the cause.

"It feels like I'm in labor."

"You are not. You are not with child."

Her smile was weak strained. "Tell me something I don't know."

His nose twitched and he picked up the scent of humans. Carefully he switched to their language. "The woman is in labor. She will need your help."

Another contraction tore through her and she bit down on a scream. Gasping softly she clutched at her stomach. "I can't, not like this."

"Then we will help her."

She opened her mouth to protest, but before she could even form the words, he had scooped her up in his arms and they were there. The women screamed when she saw them, and Sesshomaru barely suppress a wince at the harsh sound. He set her down and knelt by the woman.

"I have no experience with healing humans." Kagome nodded slowly and held out a hand. He took it and had to bite back on a gasp as information flooded his mind. Slowly he nodded. "You will have to help with the pain."

"And you will have to use Tenseiga in the end."

Kagome positioned herself so that the woman's head was resting on her lap. Her hands began to glow softly and soon the glow engulfed the woman. Her eyes rolled back into her head and she was asleep. Sesshomaru waited until he was sure she was out before drawing a single claw across her abdomen. He was careful not to cut too deep. He drew the skin and tissue apart. The child lay revealed to him and he paused a moment, slightly awed by Kagome's knowledge. He lifted the child from his mother's stomach and severed the umbilical cord. He handed the babe to one of the village woman who had crowded around during the proceedings. Carefully he removed something Kagome called the placenta. This he disgarded before looking up at her to make sure he had been correct. Kagome looked up at him and smiled. Here was the last step, something that would no doubt be wrongfully interpreted by the villagers, but it had to be done.

He drew Tenseiga and slashed in a single graceful arching motion. The woman was surrounded in a blinding gold light. When at last it faded, the woman lay unharmed and asleep, and Kagome was gone. Sesshomaru felt his heart leap into his throat. He looked down at the sword. That was twice now the fang of his father had sent her away. Where would it send her this time? And would he be able to follow?