InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Tenseiga ❯ Seeking ( Chapter 9 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Sesshomaru hit the doors of his palace so hard they flew off their hinges. Inuyasha was there in a flash, Tetsusaiga drawn and ready. He paused when he saw Sesshomaru with two babies in his arms and a small package. The babes clung to him as he growled softly at the guards. A servant ran up and threw herself at his feet her forehead pressed into the earth.

"Rise." She obeyed. "This is Yuka," he handed her one of the girls, "and this is Eri. They are Kagome's children. You will care for them as you did Rin."

"Hai Sesshomaru-sama."

He nodded them looked at Inuyasha. "Come with me."

He led his brother into the royal wing of his palace. Here were his quarters, Inuyasha's rooms, and the rooms reserved for the Lady of the palace. He guided Inuyasha to his study where he pulled out a map of the world. Then he opened the package and withdrew and clear crystal suspended from a silver chain. The whole thing seemed to glow with its own light.

"What…"

"It is Kagome's seeker. I could not get an exact location on her using others so I took one of her hairs and made this. This will find her."

He held the pendant over the map and began to chant softly. The pendant began to glow and lean toward a section of the map. He moved it until it was hanging strait down. He stopped the chant.

"She is there now. It shouldn't take me more than a few days to find her."

"And you'll bring her back?"

Sesshomaru looked up at his brother. There was a fierceness of spirit there when it came to Kagome. What was she to him?

"If I can. The last time Fate or the Gods or what ever you chose to call it had other plans. Something tells me that the power that took her is far from finished with her."

"But she was all right?"

"She was more than all right." He suppressed a sigh at Inuyasha's lack of refinement. "Her power has grown greatly as has her spirit. There is little mortal in the world that can harm her. Danger comes in immortal form." A clawed finger tapped the map. "Here such creatures are abundant. I will leave in the morning to fetch her."

Inuyasha slapped the map. "You will leave now!"

A single imperial eyebrow arched. "Was that a command?"

They stood for a moment, radiating power, rage, and barely suppressed violence. At last Inuyasha seemed to deflate.

"If she is harmed because you delayed…"

"You have heard nothing I have said. Go back to your chambers and await me."

"I am not a pup any more."

"Then I suggest you stop acting like one." Inuyasha turned to go. "You never asked about her children. Don't you want to know how she came by them? Who fathered them?"

Inuyasha paused in the doorway. "Even odds they were orphans she volunteered to care for."

"She gave them milk of her breast."

He saw him stiffen slightly before letting himself out of Sesshomaru's study. A slight smile touched his normally emotionless lips. Yes, Inuyasha loved Kagome, there was no doubt of that, but it was not the love a demon bears for his mate.