InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The 500 Year Engagement ❯ The 500 Year Engagement - Fake I.D.'s and Sota Gets an Eyeful ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The 500-Year Engagement
Fake I.D.'s and Sota Gets an Eyeful
By Majicman55
 
Disclaimer: The characters from InuYasha” are not mine; they are the intellectual property of Rumiko Takahashi, Shogakukan, Yomiuri TV, Sunrise, and Viz. I do not benefit financially from these writings. I just like to play with the characters.
 
 
Katashi Sato stared at the phone the girl held as if it carried some embarrassing disease. One of the problems with being a major porn dealer was that you had to deal with scum. He sighed. It was one of the hazards of the trade. With a scowl, he picked up the receiver and placed it to his ear. “This had better be good.”
 
He listened for a moment; then told the girl to bring him an envelope that should have arrived in the morning mail. While he listened on the phone, he pulled something out of his pocket and pressed a recessed button on its handle. Immediately, a blade popped out.
 
Katashi tossed the knife into the air, spinning and catching it several times in a row. “Still sharp,” he thought. He took the envelope from the girl, who now looked nervous. “Don't ask questions. You'll live a lot longer.”
 
“Yes, sir.” The girl started backing towards the door, bowing every couple of steps.
 
“Good girl.”
 
The girl backed out of the room, closing the door behind her.
 
Katashi appreciated respect and brains. He made a note to sell the girl to a certain sheik he knew who liked her type. She might last a few more years that way.
 
He slit open the envelope and drew the pictures out, upside down. He flipped them over…and gasped.
 
Four girls…almost excruciatingly beautiful. All wore lingerie. All except one looked to be around sixteen. The one exception looked to be eighteen or perhaps nineteen…but she had an athlete's body.
 
He heard soft laughter from the phone and realized he had forgotten to mute it. Silently, he cursed himself. If he decided to play fair with the caller, it could cost him dearly in the negotiations.
 
“You like?”
 
“You got these with another of your spy cameras, I imagine.”
 
“Yes-s-s.” It was almost a hiss.
 
“So these girls don't know you photographed them.”
 
“No.” There was a brief pause. “And that is why I need your help.”
 
“Ahh.” It might not cost him extra yen.
 
“You see the girl in the green babydoll?”
 
“Yes.”
 
“Her name is Kagome Higurashi. Interesting thing about her is that she has two I.D.'s. One, with Tokyo DMV, says she's twenty-three. Then she has a school record that says she's sixteen.”
 
“So what?”
 
“So...I figure she got the fake I.D. so she could go out drinking with her friends,” the voice on the phone continued. “You should see how many absences this girl has.”
 
“Again, so what?”
 
“So…she's also a shrine maiden. At least, she lives at a shrine. I bet she wouldn't want her family to find out she's been ditching school and going drinking. And who knows what else she's been up to? Now, imagine if we could blackmail her and her three friends into posing for some pretty pictures...”
 
Katashi looked at the photos again and began imagining titles for their web sites. Lingerie Lesbians. Kagome and the Temple of Dom. He smiled evilly. With looks like these girls had, he'd get years out of `em…then, one by one, he'd dress `em up as his fetish of the moment and finally sell `em off.
 
“How many men will you need?”
 
 
******************
 
 
Kagome stopped at the steps and waved to Ayumi, Eri and Yuka as they continued home from school. At least it had only taken till Wednesday for her friends to start talking with her again…although she suspected it was only so they could kidnap her into WacDonald's and forcer her to “spill.”
 
Fortunately, Midori had filled her in on her date so that she could be sure not to contradict anything Hojo said. Not that she thought the three girls would kidnap the poor boy, but this was school and these things got around in a hurry.
 
So she had explained that nothing had happened between the two of them. Only that Hojo had gotten a little too excited and, well, these things happened with young boys who hadn't learned to control themselves yet. It was all very embarrassing and she wished they'd stop bugging her about it. It wouldn't happen again, anyway.
 
The girls had just stared at her over their French fries. Finally, Kagome, unable to take it any longer, decided to let the cat out of the bag…if only just a little.
 
“Besides, I think I'm about to be engaged.”
 
“ENGAGED?” squealed all three girls in unison.
 
“But, Kagome,” said Yuka, “you're only sixteen!”
 
“Is it that jealous, overbearing boyfriend of yours?” demanded Eri.
 
“He's really gotten much nicer over the years.”
 
“Years?” asked Ayumi.
 
“Uhh, year. Well, almost two years now,” answered Kagome. “Listen, I only went out with Hojo `cause I wanted to see how I felt about InuYasha.”
 
“It is the jealous, overbearing one!” said Eri.
 
Kagome sighed. “You guys met him. Did you really think he was all that bad?”
 
“Oh yeah,” said Ayumi. “I guess we did meet him.” She looked Kagome in the eye. “But you'd better stop this two-timing. You'd better tell poor Hojo you're taken.”
 
Kagome watched the girls go around the corner; then walked up the shrine steps to the door and opened it. “I'm home!”
 
 
******************
 
 
Katashi Sato looked at the web counter statistics with something approaching awe. 178,469…178,474…178,483…hits in two days. The seedy man (he couldn't remember the guy's name) had put up a trial site using what pictures he had from the lingerie store and they had gotten…178,542…hits so far. This was a gold mine!
 
But he needed more pictures!
 
 
******************
 
 
Kagome found Mama in the kitchen. “Where is everybody?”
 
Sota called to say he was stopping at his friend's house after soccer practice, your grandfather is out on a date…”
 
“A date? Grandpa?”
 
Mama smiled. “I was surprised, too.” She turned from the stove to face Kagome. “And your friends are outside, working on the hut.”
 
“Thanks, Mama.” Kagome looked thoughtful. “A date, huh?” She went out back.
 
Not seeing anyone in the yard, she entered the hut. “Hi!”
 
InuYasha and Miroku were putting the finishing touches on the last interior wall.
 
“Oi.”
 
“Hello, Kagome.”
 
“Looks nice, you two.” The miko let her eyes get used to the light inside the hut and found her friend sitting against the opposite wall from where the boys had been working. She sat beside her. “Hi, Sango. How are ya doin'?”
 
“Oh…fine.”
 
Kagome noticed that her friend's attention was elsewhere. She followed Sango's gaze and noticed that the taijiya became more intent each time Miroku bent over. “Sango,” she whispered, “you're staring at his ass.”
 
“Yes. Isn't it…Kagome!”
 
Kagome giggled and again whispered. “You're turning into as bad a hentai as Miroku ever was.”
 
Sango was blushing. “I can't help it. It's these `jeans.' When I first saw Miroku in them, I actually groped him. Then your precious InuYasha had to take him out and buy him several more pairs. Now Miroku won't wear anything else!”
 
“You could always wear that lingerie to get him back.”
 
“Kagome!” If it was possible, Sango blushed even more. “Not till Miroku and I are married. Speaking of which, did you talk with your grandfather about performing the ceremony?”
 
“I couldn't. Would you believe it? He's out on a date!”
 
 
******************
 
 
Sota looked over his friend's shoulder and at the screen. The door to his friends room was closed and the lights were out. It was still light outside, so the room wasn't completely dark.
 
“Look up lingerie.”
 
“Wuss.”
 
“Huh?”
 
“Lingerie is for kids! We should look up…”
 
“No, I want to see lingerie. They were talking about it in the kitchen, and that's what I want to see!”
 
“But…”
 
“Look up lingerie…and Kagome.”
 
“Your sister? You're a baka. There's not gonna be no…”
 
“Do it!”
 
“Okay! Okay!”
 
Sota's friend punched in “lingerie Kagome” and smirked as he hit the enter key. There wouldn't be anything about Sota's sister online.
 
Baka.
 
The return page came back.
 
There was something about Kagome and lingerie? It had to be a coincidence. The boy clicked on the link and one of the girls in the picture did look familiar. “Is…Is that your sister?”
 
“Y-Yeah.” Sota gulped as he recognized the other girls.
 
“She's hot!”
 
 
******************
 
 
“I'm home!” Sota walked into the kitchen.
 
“Hello, dear. Could you please set the…” Mama got a good look at her son. “What happened to you?”
 
“Rough practice.”
 
“Oh.” Mama smiled, but she had a feeling there was something Sota didn't want to talk about. She'd find out later.
 
“Where's grandpa?” Usually the old man would be at the table, reading the newspaper, and Sota would have to work around him.
 
“He's out on a date.”
 
“A…date? Grandpa?” Sota didn't remember his ji-chan ever being out on a date.
 
“Yes, it rather surprised me, too. But each to his own.”
 
“I suppose.”
 
“Now, go out back and call Kagome and InuYasha and their two friends to dinner.”
 
“Yes, Mama.”
 
 
******************
 
 
Sota didn't see anyone outside, but then heard voices from inside the new hut. He knocked before entering.
 
“Who is it?”
 
That was his sister. “It's me, neechan. Mama says dinner's ready.”
 
“Keh. You might as well come in and see the place. We're almost done with it.”
 
“Thank you.” Sota pushed the tatami mat aside, entered and looked around. “Nice.”
 
“We like it,” said Miroku as he wiped the dirt off his hands.
 
Sota's eyes finally got used to the light and he picked out his sister and Sango. “W-Well…Mama said dinner's ready.” He backed out through the door. “So you'd better come!” The young man let the mat swing back over the door.
 
Everyone looked at each other as they heard Sota dashing back to the house. “What was that all about?” asked Kagome.
 
 
******************
 
 
Everyone with hands dirty from working washed up in the newly-installed sink…and then dutifully trooped up to the house for supper. Sota and Mama Higurashi sat at opposite ends of the table, with InuYasha and Kagome seated on one side and Miroku and Sango seated on the other.
 
Kagome couldn't help noticing that Sota looked nervous. “Ayumi, Eri and Yuka practically kidnapped me on the way home from school today. They took me to WacDonald's and insisted I tell them what was going on between Hojo and I.”
 
“Feh! I hope you told `em there was nothing going on.”
 
“In a way, InuYasha. I've been thinking about this for the past week.” Kagome turned to face her mate directly. “What if we didn't wait till after I graduate to get married?”
 
“Huh? You said there'd be problems if we did that when you were sixteen. I mean, since everyone here still thinks you're…uhh…you know what I mean!”
 
“Mama could give her permission, and if Sango and Miroku like the idea, we could make it a double wedding.” Kagome turned to Mama. “Are you okay with that?” Kagome glanced towards Sango and Miroku and saw that the two seemed happy with the thought…but then she noticed out of the corner of her eye that Sota seemed to be fidgeting a lot. She also noticed that her brother looked like he had been in a fight.
 
“I'm okay with it, Kagome.” Mama smiled. “After all, you've already made me an obaasan many times over. I really should approve.”
 
“Ahh…umm…uhhhhh.”
 
“What is it, Sota?” asked Kagome. “He's got a black eye!”
 
“Uhhhhhh.” Sota kept glancing back and forth between his sister and Sango. No matter how hard he tried not to, he kept imagining them in the lingerie from the web site.
 
Kagome leaned over to get a closer look at her brother. She cradled the side of his head with one hand as she examined his eye. “Are you okay, little brother?”
 
Sota was shaking badly now. He pushed his chair back and stood up. “I punched out my best friend on the soccer team just for you!”
 
“Huh?”
 
“He said you were hot!”
 
While everyone sat dumbfounded, Sota ran to his room.
 
“So that's what happened,” thought Mama. “But why would one of Sota's friends call Kagome that?” Mama started to stand up. “I think I'd better go and have a talk with Sota.”
 
Kagome got up quickly and rushed over to put a hand on her Mama's shoulder. “Mama. Please let me handle this.”
 
Mama started to get up anyway, but then sat back down. “I guess this does concern you.”
 
“Thank you, Mama. You're the best.”
 
 
******************
 
 
Kagome stopped outside her little brother's closed door and was about to knock when she heard the unmistakable sound of rubbing.
 
“Well! She knocked, loudly. “You stop that, Sota! We need to talk, and I mean right now!”
 
“I was thinking of the others, neechan. Not you!”
 
“What's that supposed to mean? That does it. I'm coming in!”
 
Kagome tried the door. Locked. “Well, these powers have to come in handy, sometime.” She concentrated on the door handle and heard the click of the lock opening. There was a brief “ulp” from her brother as she pushed the door open and he scrambled to pull a sheet over himself. “What's going on here?”
 
Much to Sota's consternation, she sat on the edge of his bed.
 
“You're going to tell me what this is all about. How did you get that black eye…and why did you punch out your friend just `cause he said I was hot?”
 
“I…we…saw you.”
 
Kagome sighed. So this was one of those stupid things where your brother and his friend spy on you when you've just gotten out of the shower. Something stupid like that. “Look, Sota. It's one of those natural things. I don't like it that you and your friend spied on me, but I understand it's one of those things kid brothers do.”
 
“We-We saw you on the internet.”
 
“It's perfectly normal for…huh?”
 
“I overheard you guys talking about lingerie…so we did a search on your name and lingerie.”
 
“Why would you put my name in?”
 
“My friends say you can find anything on the internet!” Sota was practically bawling.
 
“Go on.”
 
“There were all these pictures of you and Sango and Midori and Rin, all posing in lingerie!”
 
“A camera. There had to be a camera!” Kagome stroked her brother's head in reassurance. “It's okay, Sota. Someone must have taken those pictures without our knowledge. I need to talk with InuYasha, now.” Kagome stood up and let herself out of the room. Just before she closed the door, she paused. “Don't worry, Sota. We'll find out what's going on.” She closed the door and started down the hall.
 
Behind her, the rubbing sound started again. She shook her head and went back downstairs to the kitchen.
 
“InuYasha, we need to talk.”
 
“Keh?”
 
“More importantly, we have to call your brother…right now.”
 
 
 
A/N: Uh-oh. The problem with the photos seems to be escalating. At least Kagome's friends are back to talking with her. Kagome's ji-chan is out on a date? And it seems that Sota is growing up (well, in a way) awfully fast.
 
As always, please read and review. Thanks! Oh, and again, more reviews = more inspiration for new chapters.