InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The 500 Year Engagement ❯ The 500 Year Engagement - Revelations, Realizations & Impregnations ( Chapter 25 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The 500-Year Engagement
Revelations, Realizations & Impregnations
By Majicman55
 
Disclaimer: The characters from InuYasha” are not mine; they are the intellectual property of Rumiko Takahashi, Shogakukan, Yomiuri TV, Sunrise, and Viz. I do not benefit financially from these writings. I just like to play with the characters.
 
 
During her night out with Sango, Midori had learned several things about her mother…and two important things about the taijiya: 1) the girl didn't hold liquor well, and 2) she was an emotional drunk.
 
Not that they had set out to get drunk. Sango was pregnant, after all. But Midori had thought it would be okay to go a little wild and order a third glass of wine…then a fourth. The encounter with the two “business executives” had annoyed her and the extra drinks helped her relax. Unfortunately, it had helped Sango relax a little too much.
 
Midori had listened to many stories about her mother (some including real blackmail material), and had even heard the story of the group's “quest for sake” and Sango's imploration to InuYasha that they ditch Kagome and Miroku and continue their journey as a pair.
 
Although…Sango had assured her…she was quite happy about how things had turned out, and about her coming marriage to the monk.
 
The taijiya's subsequent loud remark about what the monk had under his robe and how any girl would be delighted to find such a big…
 
Well, despite Midori's son owning the bar, they just had to leave after that one - kind of a bummer `cause Midori had planned to listen to even more stories…giving her enough time for the alcohol to wear off.
 
As a consequence, she had used a spell that would allow her to drive back to the shrine. The advantage was that it cleared her head. The disadvantage was that when she got back she would have to remove the spell…allowing the alcohol's effect to return with a vengeance.
 
 
******************
 
 
The girls got back to the shrine right before 11:00. It wasn't late, but it wasn't early, either. Midori let the two of them in and noticed with gratitude that a pillow and blanket had been left for her on the sofa.
 
But before she could sleep, she had to steer Sango back home. The taijiya had recovered somewhat from the wine, but was still feeling exuberant. Midori maneuvered her out the back door and across the shrine grounds to her home.
 
The girl stopped outside her door and actually knocked. “Miroku! Are you up?”
 
There came the rustling of someone moving around inside, followed by Miroku's sleepy voice. “No-o.”
 
Midori watched, dumbfounded, as the taijiya, still standing outside her door, pulled her dress over her head and handed it to her.
 
“You will be.” Sango pushed the mat aside and charged in.
 
A moment later, Midori heard the monk's startled voice.
 
“S-Sango?”
 
“You take that off…now!”
 
Midori hadn't thought she could be embarrassed at her age, but she scurried back into the Higurashi home, turning red at the noises and vocal demands emanating from the hut.
 
 
******************
 
 
She released the alcohol-inhibiting spell as she reached the couch.
 
Midori figured she'd just go to sleep. It was better not to hold that particular spell for very long, anyway, as the effects of the alcohol, held back for so long, would return all at once. Sure enough, the ceiling began to spin as she lay down. She grumbled to herself. It wouldn't be a long drunk, but it would be intense.
 
But as she lay there wishing it would pass, she remembered the events in the bar…specifically the approach by the two strange men. They had seemed odd…especially the one lugging his friend around. Then there had been that smell of fish when she heated the seat…
 
Still drunk, but afraid she might forget the whole thing by morning, Midori decided she should tell her mother and father about it. She got up, staggered through the house and up to their room.
 
“Good. They're still up,” she thought as she reached their door and heard activity inside. Without hesitating, she pushed the door open.
 
“Mom?”
 
“AaaaAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!”
 
 
******************
 
 
Midori blinked in amazement. What had followed her entrance had been an intricate ballet of bodies and blanket as her father rushed to conceal the two of them from her view.
 
Always one for direct action, her father had made the snap decision to start by hiding himself inside his mate.
 
A certain part of himself, anyway.
 
Consequently, a slow and delicious descent into Kagome had turned into a fast and hard thrust to the hilt. At the same time, he reached for the blanket and scrambled to pull it over the two of them.
 
Unfortunately, by the law of unintended consequences, that thrust, followed by all of InuYasha's subsequent movements, pushed Kagome over the edge.
 
As a result, although Midori didn't have to look at her father's ass, she was left with a lasting (and somehow more obscene) image of her mother's naked legs thrust high into the air on each side of her father.
 
As curiosity overcame discretion, the younger (and still inebriated) miko studied her mother's face. She was shocked at the red glow in Kagome's eyes. And then there were the fangs.
 
“M-Mother?”
 
“YIPE!”
 
InuYasha had leaned down to give Kagome a little cover. However, this had put his neck in range, and his mate had decided that it would be a great time to do the youkai equivalent of renewing their vows.
 
“Damn it!” The hanyou had been unprepared to have Kagome's fangs in his neck, but that didn't prevent his body from responding.
 
Midori watched as her father's eyes glowed red and his claws and fangs lengthened. She stood transfixed as her father howled, leaned forward and sank his fangs into her mother's neck.
 
After a long minute, the two lovers released their bite holds and lay, panting, in each other's arms. A minute more and the red glow in their eyes faded…and Kagome lolled her head towards Midori.
 
“Don't you ever knock?”
 
 
******************
 
 
InuYasha's sniffed towards their daughter. “Feh. She's drunk.”
 
“Midori!”
 
The younger miko giggled, ran up to the bed and made a small jump…turning in mid air and landing on her father's backside, as he remained on top of her mother.
 
“OOF!” Kagome frowned up at Midori.
 
“Oh, come on, mom. It's not like I've never seen you two before.”
 
“Keh. Not since you were, what, seven?”
 
Midori smiled as she dredged up that childhood memory. “Oh yeah. You told me you were wrestling.” The young miko's expression turned serious. “But I have something important to discuss now.”
 
“Feh! Get off my butt!”
 
Despite her father's entreaty, Midori remained seated on top of his backside as she related the events of the evening, especially when she and Sango had been hit on by the two “business executives.”
 
Kagome couldn't help giggling at her daughter's antics as Midori kept her seat on her father's backside despite InuYasha's bucking. It was like watching someone on one of those mechanical bulls that were popular in American country western bars. True, the hanyou was somewhat restricted by his current position vis-à-vis his mate. Kagome could appreciate that much.
 
Boy, could she appreciate that! In fact, if he kept it up…
 
The older miko bit her lip. “Smelled like fish, you say?”
 
“Yeah. Sort of like shark, actually.”
 
InuYasha stopped bucking, much to Kagome's relief. “Shark?” He had gotten a whiff of that scent when they had gone on the phony beach vacation. To make sure he would recognize it again, he had even gone so far as to visit an aquarium and memorize the scents.
 
Midori was starting to feel more sober now, but she had enjoyed the ride. It had reminded her of when she was a little girl and InuYasha had given her “doggy rides.”
 
“Ow! Ow! OW! Stop that!”
 
Midori's playful pinching of her father's bottom was causing the hanyou to buck once again.
 
“Ride `em, cowboy,” she exclaimed, thoroughly enjoying the action.
 
Kagome, who was “enjoying” the action for another reason, was trying to get her daughter to knock it off before things got even more embarrassing. But it was too late. Moments later Midori found herself on the floor, rubbing her sore butt and looking up to find her mother's legs high in the air again.
 
Now that the alcohol had worn off completely, her sense of discretion had returned, too, and she let herself out of the room (albeit, with a smile), closing the door behind her. On the way back to her sofa, she paused and looked out the back door. Judging from the sounds coming from the Sango and Miroku's hut, her mom and dad weren't the only ones enjoying the night.
 
She grumbled about how it seemed like she was the only one not having any fun that night as she turned out the light and lay down on the sofa. She pulled the blanket up to her chin and thought about what more she might have said about the two men…including her new impression that one of them wasn't even human.
 
She, herself, was part youkai. Her son, the bar owner, had youkai in him. No wonder she hadn't detected the youkai right away! That and the alcohol.” She snorted. The rest will wait till morning, I guess.” More muffled cries came from upstairs. “I wish…”
 
She heard someone at the front door and it swung open.
 
“Come, my dear.”
 
It was her mother's ji-chan.
 
“I bet you've never made love in a shrine, before.”
 
There was a feminine giggle and Midori slowly pulled the blanket over her head as that image joined the others in her head.
 
It was going to be a long night.
 
 
******************
 
 
“Get up, sleepyhead!”
 
Midori groaned and managed to crack her eyelids.
 
“We've got twenty minutes to get ready for school!”
 
Midori managed to get into a seated position. There should be a law against mother's being more cheerful and energetic than their kids. “School?” School seemed so extraneous at the moment.
 
“There's hot water for tea, and I've made some breakfast, but you'll have to be quick.”
 
Midori was cradling her head in her hands. That spell did nothing for hangovers. “You're just cheerful `cause you got laid last night.”
 
“And you're lucky Mama and Sota have already left…or I'd be upset with you.” Kagome paused, a big smile on her face. “Grandpa's still here. I'll go to his room and see if he wants some.”
 
Midori stood up and stretched. “I think he already got some.”
 
“Huh?”
 
Midori walked to the kitchen and sat down. I'll explain it to you.”
 
 
******************
 
 
Katashi groaned, rolling to a seated position on the side of the bed. He considered a mad dash to the bathroom, but managed to fight down the impulse to empty his stomach.
 
He was just congratulating himself on that accomplishment when Kano appeared in his doorway, rubbed his stomach and belched. “Try to be a little more selective, Katashi. That one was a little fatty.”
 
A moment later, Katashi was congratulating himself on making it to the bathroom.
 
 
******************
 
 
“Why are you so cheerful?”
 
Rin, Midori and Kagome started walking towards school as Jaken sped off. Rin hadn't missed Kagome's cheerful disposition.
 
“Mom got laid last night.”
 
“Midori!”
 
“Oh, I see.”
 
There was a moment of silence while Kagome glanced towards Rin and the two girls shared knowing smiles.
 
“Oh no,” groaned Midori. “Not you, too.”
 
“And that's not all.” Rin patted her tummy.
 
Kagome's eyes got big. “No!”
 
“Well, we won't know for a few days, but the time was right and the Great Lord outdid himself last night.” Rin was smiling broadly. “I think we might be having a litter.”
 
Both girls laughed. It was an old joke that both of them had used many times over the centuries.
 
“You two are impossible!”
 
“So, how `bout it, Kagome? Am I pregnant yet?”
 
Kagome placed one hand just below Rin's stomach. “Nope, not yet.”
 
Midori heard voices calling out for them up ahead. For once, she was grateful to see Eri, Ayumi and Yuka waiting for them.
 
 
******************
 
 
Katashi Sato was sitting at the table in his kitchenette when Kano came in and sat down opposite him. Not quite awake yet, Katashi had managed to recover enough to put something in his stomach. Absently, he pushed a bowl and a box of cereal towards Kano.
 
“No, thanks. I've eaten.”
 
Mr. Sato looked up, his eyes more open now. “Right.” After a moment, he was able to start eating again.
 
“Our guys are coming over for training this morning.”
 
“I remember.”
 
“You are training them?”
 
“No. I've hired an instructor.” Katashi paused, suddenly worried. “They wouldn't eat the instructor, would they?”
 
“Relax, Katashi. They all know they'd answer to me.”
 
Kano's toothy smile made Mr. Sato shudder. “Right.”
 
 
*****************
 
 
“Have you decided, Kagome?”
 
“Huh?”
 
“About school,' continued Eri. “Are you dropping out?”
 
“I don't know. Not yet.” Kagome thought about it. With everything going on, finishing school was a moot point. Besides, if she did drop out, Rin and Midori could “transfer” soon after…and it would leave them all a lot more time to deal with the current threat.
 
On the other hand, for five hundred years she had dreamed of finishing school and making her family proud.
 
On the other, other hand, she was pregnant and would obviously be delivering well before she graduated.
 
On the other, other, other hand, she would be getting married soon (to a “famous artist,” no less) and, while unusual, it would allow her to remain in school without shaming her family too much.
 
On the other, other, other, other…
 
“Kagome?”
 
“Huh?”
 
“We've reached the school.”
 
“Oh.”
 
“Have you decided?”
 
Kagome opened her mouth just as the bell rang. “Tell ya later.”
 
Eri sighed, shrugged and followed everyone else in.
 
 
******************
 
 
“You want me to train these ruffians to be servers for your catering business?” The sea youkai/servers, in (roughly) human form, were lined up for their sensei's review. The woman paced back and forth like a drill sergeant inspecting raw recruits.
 
Mr. Sato's eyes narrowed. “They work cheap.”
 
“I can see why.”
 
Mr. Sato motioned for Kano to sit back and relax. The shark youkai was already casting a hungry eye towards the woman. Katashi turned his attention back to her. “I have just over two weeks to get them ready for a wedding.”
 
“You should pay more, hire servers away from other caterers.”
 
“This is a startup…a new business.”
 
The woman looked around the room and at the pictures on the walls. “What were you running before? An escort service?”
 
Mr. Sato reconsidered allowing Kano to eat the woman, but she would be missed. Maybe after they had all this power Kano talked about, maybe he'd let the shark youkai have her then. “That's not your business. What is your business is training these…men.”
 
“As you wish, but…”
 
“You are being well paid, are you not?”
 
The woman looked around the room. There was more to this than she knew, but she was being well paid. “Let's get started.”
 
 
******************
 
 
 
“Am I pregnant yet?”
 
The girls were in the school yard, getting ready to eat lunch. Kagome put down her lunch, looked at Rin with some slight annoyance, but then placed her hand on her tummy and concentrated. “No…not yet.”
 
Rin sighed and opened her bento box. “It's not fair. Both you and Sango are pregnant. Midori's not pregnant, but that's okay. I'm the one who should be pregnant.”
 
Midori rolled her eyes. “Maybe I should get pregnant, too.”
 
“Midori!”
 
The younger miko looked at the older. “You're not married, either.”
 
“But…”
 
“How many kids have you had? Has anyone ever had more brothers and sisters than I have?”
 
“Well…I think so…” There were cultures where…
 
“By the same mother and father, I mean.”
 
“Well…no.” Kagome blushed, remembering that Midori was about to become an “aunt” again several times over. Actually, she was about to become a sister again…but given the circumstances, Midori was portrayed as an aunt if the subject came up.
 
All of a sudden, Midori spotted someone in the middle distance, walking behind Kagome. “Hojo!” The boy stopped, looked in their direction and smiled. Midori waved him over.
 
“You wouldn't!” hissed Kagome. She looked over at Rin, who was almost doubled over with laughter. “You're not helping.”
 
Hojo reached the girls. “What can I do for you? Is Kagome suffering from some sickness again?” The young man looked concerned and it was obvious he still carried a flame for the girl.”
 
“Mo…I mean, Kagome, is fine. I just wanted to know what you were doing tonight.” Midori took Hojo's hand. “I need a study partner, and I was hoping you could help me with what I need.”
 
Kagome was doing her best not to smack a giggling Rin.
 
Hojo stared back at the girl who was holding his hand. She did look an awful lot like Kagome. “Of course. I'd be delighted to help.”
 
Kagome was beginning to hiccough.
 
Midori lowered her eyes. “Will your parents be there?”
 
“N-No.”
 
“Good!”
 
Kagome stopped hiccoughing.
 
Midori lowered her eyes again. “I mean, we can study in your room without being disturbed.” She looked up, her eyes fluttering. “I will come by at 8:00. Would that be okay?”
 
“Of course.” Hojo actually bowed as he answered Midori. Blushing, the young man turned and left hurriedly.
 
Kagome was a little puzzled by Hojo's actions. Hardly any young people actually bowed anymore. She stared at Hojo's back as the young man hurried off. She was just starting to remember that she was mad at her daughter when Rin spoke up.
 
“Did you see the tent in his pants?”
 
Midori smiled and opened her own bento box. “Guess I'd better build up my strength.”
 
Kagome began hiccoughing again.
 
 
******************
 
 
“Where did you find these people?”
 
Mr. Sato pointed at Kano. “He found them.”
 
The sensei looked to the second man…whose smile didn't exactly reassure her. In fact, it made her very nervous.
 
“I found them by the waterfront.” It wasn't a lie. He had found them by the waterfront. He just hadn't told her which side of the waterfront.
 
The woman frowned. “They can't speak well, they're awkward, and they all smell vaguely of fish.” The woman wrinkled her nose. “Not only that, I think one of them tried to take a bite out of me.”
 
Kano glared at the “workers” until all the rest moved subtly away from the guilty one. The shark youkai put one arm around the offender and led him towards the outer office. Opening the door, he looked back to the woman. “Allow me to have a word with this man. Keep working with the others.”
 
The woman was back to training the other workers when, barely a minute later, there came the sound of a scuffle from outside…but this ended almost as quickly as it began. A moment later, the door opened and Kano reentered.
 
“Where's your other man?”
 
“He decided not to work for us anymore.” Kano grinned. “I've given him his severance.”
 
The woman didn't like Kano's toothy grin, but the other trainees sure made a much more serious effort to learn after that little episode.
 
 
******************
 
 
The six girls had managed to get a corner booth at WacDonald's and Rin had bought cheeseburgers and fries all around. This had raised a few eyebrows until Rin explained that her family was well off and she could certainly afford it.
 
Rin and Midori surrounded Kagome on one side of the booth; while Eri, Ayumi and Yuka took up the other side.
 
Rin took advantage of a group bathroom break by Eri, Ayumi and Yuka, to pester Kagome one more time. “Now?”
 
Both Kagome and Midori rolled their eyes. It was worse than having grade school-aged kids on a cross country auto trip.
 
Kagome sighed and, under the table and out of sight, placed her hand on Rin's tummy. Rin felt a momentary warmth until Kagome took her hand away. “Okay, now.”
 
Midori stared at her mother, who was currently locked in her own staring contest with Rin. “Mother!”
 
“Yes, Midori?” Kagome had answered without turning around.
 
“Did you do what I think you did?”
 
“What do you think I did?”
 
Rin just sat there, unable to speak.
 
“Did you just make Rin pregnant?”
 
“Of course not.”
 
Rin started to come out of her stupor.
 
“But…”
 
“Sesshoumaru made Rin pregnant. I just sort of helped things along.”
 
“Huh?” Midori noticed Rin was staring at Kagome again.
 
“I just made sure Lord Sesshoumaru's `seed' found Rin's egg.” The older miko sighed. “Only one problem with this method, though.”
 
“Wh-What?”
 
Kagome noticed the girls returning from the bathroom. “Multiple births. There are often multiple births. You know…litters?”
 
The other three girls returned to their seats in the booth.
 
“Hey. What's wrong with her?”
 
 
******************
 
 
The woman sat back, exhausted, nursing a cup of tea. She had spent the whole day trying to whip these clods into shape. If one didn't know better, one would think they had grown up on some remote island, somewhere.
 
There was one thing that bothered her, though. She had gotten an invitation to attend her great grandmother's wedding, which seemed to be at the same time as this wedding.
 
Coincidences worried her.
 
You didn't have to be an all-powerful, over 500-year-old miko, to use your head. She was one of the few who hadn't inherited many traits from either her great grandmother or great grandfather…although she did at least inherit long life. She looked in her mid-30's. The truth was that she was in her 90's. It had caused some problems in her life, but the benefits outweighed the drawbacks.
 
Mr. Sato walked up to her as, smiling, as she finished her tea. “Thank you for all your efforts. They seem well-trained now.”
 
She couldn't see Kano, but had the impression he was standing immediately behind her. “You're welcome, but they have a few things to learn, without which you'll never pull this off.” She had decided it wouldn't do to let them think she was done.
 
She noticed that Mr. Sato seemed to be motioning to a man behind her…as if he desperately wanted the man to do something. “Surely they are trained enough. You are not just trying to get more money out of me, are you?”
 
The woman ignored the crass question. “Have your men here the same time tomorrow. I will finish their training then.”
 
Mr. Sato relaxed. At least it was only one more day. Then he would have the satisfaction of watching Kano eat the bitch. “Very well.” Mr. Sato motioned for Kano to let the woman out…although the shark youkai looked rather like a fisherman whose catch has dropped into the water just as he swung the pole into the boat.
 
The woman looked back as she went out the door. “Tomorrow.”
 
“Tomorrow,” answered Kano.
 
“Was he licking his lips?” The woman let herself out the front door.
 
She made a mental note to call Kagome.
 
 
 
 
A/N: Still having trouble working on this. Now my friend has more problems. <sigh> Obviously this continues to get in the way of my writing. Please let me know if the quality has fallen.
 
I'm trying! I'm trying! I'm TRYING! lol
 
As always, please read and review. Thanks! Oh, and again, more reviews = more inspiration for new chapters.