InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The curse of the dragon ❯ Intrusions ( Chapter 16 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

~<>~ Curse of the Dragon ~<>~

~<>~ Chapter 16 ~<>~ Intrusions

Rin had Kagome drop the suitcases on the floor next to the bed that was to be hers. Though InuYasha, a guy who she hardly knew, offered for her to stay indefinitely, she knew she would only be here for a matter of days. `He'll find me…he'll bring me back. There will be hell to pay…like all the other times…but I'll live…' Rin clasped her hands together and walked around the mahogany colored furniture to gaze out the balcony window. She sighed as she placed one hand on the window and stared out into the bleak horizon. `His retribution will be swift…his punishment…' she cringed and looked away from the window and stared at the bed. When she closed her eyes, she saw all of her memories…she saw what she tried so hard to repress. Yet with her eyes open, she could only see the future…she saw the death of her father and the torture of her friends. `Even if I run away…he'll cut them down as well.' Suddenly feeling very cold and alone, she wrapped her arms around her small body. She walked to the bag and removed a comb and a set of pajamas. She brushed her hair softly, yelping slightly as she tugged the knots out of it. She was a mess….though she had washed her face free from the tears that smeared her makeup the black lingering eyeliner and mascara still resided around her eyes. Her lip was cut and had swelled slightly. Her hair…. she had attempted to comb it earlier after getting out of a very long and very hot shower yet grew frustrated and threw it into a very messy ponytail. Now she was reaping the consequences. She finally managed to flatten out her black hair and stared at the giant bed. `I could fit five of me in this thing,' she thought as she crawled under its covers. As soon as she closed her eyes, she fell into a sound sleep….only to dream of nightmares.

~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~~*~**~**~

Kagome and Sango stood with the boys in the living room exhausted. Miroku yawned loudly then stared at InuYasha. "man…there is no way in hell that I am driving anymore tonight." He flashed the girls a quick apologetic grin and yawned again, "I'm crashing downstairs in the guest room…ladies….i would suggest you get a room. Miroku's Ferrari goes no further." He gave then a small wave and slowly walked from the room. He paused and looked over his shoulder towards Sango, a very mischievous grin etched into his tired features. "Lady Sango…would you care to join me?"

Sango's face instantly grew ablaze with anger as she narrowed her eyes, "burn in hell, Houshi!" Miroku stared at her for a moment before shrugging and wandering off downstairs. Sango turned, anger still radiating off of her body, and stared at the startled hanyou. "do you have any more rooms?"

InuYasha raised an eyebrow and snapped back, "What the fuck does this look like, motel 6?"

Kagome coughed lightly, demanding the two's attention. "Look," she turned her eyes more to Sango while addressing InuYasha, "we all need to get along tonight. Obviously, Sango and me are not going to walk home, nor do we have a car to sleep in…so, InuYasha, being the gentle man you are…. would you please find Sango a room to sleep in?" she turned to look at the hanyou for a moment, their eyes colliding. Both turned a shade of red before quickly glancing away.

InuYasha made a show of seeming distraught by her plea…as if he had to build the ladies a room to sleep in. finally he waved his hand at the stairs and muttered, "there's a smaller room next to Rin's room that is empty. You can go there."

"Arigatou, InuYasha." Sango glanced at Kagome and put a hand on the worried girls shoulder. "Kagome, sleep tonight…it will be okay eventually. We just have to be there for her."

Kagome nodded to Sango despite everything that screamed inside of her. `for six months she has been raped by this asshole and we never even noticed. Our best friend…. how could we not notice? First I nearly lose Souta because I was so self obsessed…now…Rin needed us the most and we let her down…we failed her.' Kagome could feel tears pulling at her eyes and she sniffled. "go to bed Sango, I'll see you in the morning."

Sango stared at Kagome for a moment before cautiously asking, "where will you be sleeping then?"

Kagome sighed and shook her head no. "I don't think I can sleep tonight, Sango. I'm just not tired…if InuYasha doesn't mind, I think I'll watch television or something."

Sango stared from Kagome to InuYasha then offered her friend a small smile. "if you change your mind, your welcome to share my bed…that is, if you don't have another." She grinned as she turned around.

Kagome's face turned bright red as she yelled at the departing girl, "that's real nice, Sango, real nice. Now who's the lecher?" the girl merely waved leaving the two awkward teens together. After a moment, Kagome turned to stare at InuYasha. "do you mind if I just watch television?"

InuYasha shrugged, avoiding her eyes, and scoffed out, "keh…do as you want, Princess, I'm going to bed." He made no motion to leave the room no matter how much his body begged him to.

Kagome sighed and looked about the empty hallway. "uhh…InuYasha?"

InuYasha had managed to turn himself around, and was going to attempt to walk towards the steps when he heard Kagome call out to him. he glanced over his shoulder and raised an eyebrow.

Kagome shuffled her feet for a moment and swayed back and forth. "where is the television?"

InuYasha sighed then gave the girl a small lop sided grin. "come on, Princess….i guess I really gotta do everything for you after all." Kagome opened her mouth to protest but shut it when no sound came out.

`sure, now I can move,' the sleepy hanyou thought as he walked Kagome into the basement lounge. Miroku had closed the door to the basement guest room and InuYasha plopped down onto the couch. He grabbed a remote and turned on the cable and turned on Cartoon Network.

Kagome sat down slowly a cushion away from the boy and stared at him for a moment. `i…we….we were….' Her face flushed as she thought about how compromising their position had been on the dance floor…how she felt about him. `god…the way he smells, the way he tastes, I could be with him forever and would never give it a second doubt.' "You okay Princess," a very snide voice called out, "cause your drooling." Kagome shut her mouth instantly and scowled. `Okay, maybe I would give it a second thought.' She crossed her arms and stared away from the now grinning hanyou. "Aren't you going to bed, jerk?"

InuYasha continued to leer at the girl, smirking a very cocky grin. `She wants me…I know she does.' he sighed, fighting back his yawn. "No, not tired at all, I'm normally up to at least four everyday," he lied. He stared at the now nervous girl and sighed again. He slid down the couch towards her and wrapped his arm around her shoulders. "It gets cold down here, Kagome…" he reached behind them onto the back of the couch and pulled the afghan that was draped across it and wrapped it around Kagome's shoulders. "This isn't much, but it should help." He bit his lip, not really wanting to remove his arm from the girl's shoulders.

Kagome turned and gave the boy wrapped around her a tiny smile. She sighed once and rested her head against his shoulder, staring at the television. "Thank you, InuYasha…. you really helped me and Rin out tonight."

InuYasha smiled at the top of the girl's head and hushed her gently. "Don't worry about it, Kagome." They sat in silence watching the television dancing with vivid colors. Honestly, they hurt Inuyasha's eyes…this early in the morning nothing should be that animated. He sighed as he struggled to keep himself awake. `Kagome needs someone now…I sense the guilt that she is amassing…. she needs to understand that this isn't her fault. She couldn't have know…' he stared down at the girl and broke into a grin when he heard a slight snore protrude from her lips. He leaned forward and brushed her black bangs away from her eyes. She was sound asleep. He thought for a moment about lifting her and carrying her to a bedroom but discarded that thought when he realized moving her would only wake her up. His eyes shifted about the couch before he sighed. Still supporting Kagome on his arm that was planted around her shoulders, he threw the cushions off the back of the couch, saving one to lie at the armrest as a pillow. He gathered the girl into his arms carefully and slid her up the couch towards the armrest. Gently he laid down onto the couch before lowering her down in front of him. He turned himself so his back was against the back of the couch and pulled her into his chest, wrapping his arms securely around her. With her back against his chest, he used his foot to grab the blanket and lift it high enough so he could grab it with his free left hand. He laid it across the two of them and locked his hands on her stomach. For the first time in a long time, InuYasha fell asleep with a smile on his face.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rin awoke to the blinding sunlight that poured into her bedroom unfiltered by any curtains. She winched painfully before pulling herself out of the silk sheeted bed. She glanced at the clock and stared in wonder. `I slept for four hours yet feel completely refreshed.' She turned and stared in wonder at the miraculous bed that she sat upon. `can I take this home with me?' a smile crawled to her lips as she stood up and stretched. `yes…most defiantly…this is coming home with me.' she itched the back of her leg and walked to the door, kicking her bag out of her way. She rubbed her eyes sleepily as she blindly walked down the hallway towards the bathroom. She nearly grabbed the knob to enter when the door suddenly opened itself. She stared for a moment at where the knob had just been then slowly blinked. The door was no longer there…but a very muscular set of ribs was. She gulped hard, dropping her outstretched hand to her side, as her eyes followed the six pack up to a very well defined chest…. a very naked chest…. then up a little higher to the face of her Gold Eyed God. She stared at him with her mouth gaping. `good god, I think I'm going to pass out.' She swayed a little planted in her spot while she gazed in wonder at the man in front of her. `he is so perfect…god, I could so bounce a quarter off those abs…' she licked her lips trying to get her motor functions to kick in but she stood hypnotized by the body in front of her.

Sesshoumaru had been half asleep when he nearly stumbled from the bathroom. He heard the entire racket his baka brother had made, so typically entering the house at a god forsaken hour of the morning, and had trouble sleeping from that moment on. Something had changed in the air of the house…something that made him extremely uncomfortable. He had made a mental note when his clock chimed eight o'clock in the morning that he needed to end his brother's existence. Sighing, he nearly ripped the doorknob off the door when he made his way from the bathroom only to stop dead in his tracks by the figure in front of him. He stared Rin over for a long moment, soaking in every detail that her pajamas did and did not cover. She was wearing a very tight black tank-top that cut off above her belly button and a pair of very tiny white shorts, that cut off right below her ass. He stared at her in wonder, his eyes taking in her tanned perfect skin and fought off the temptation to reach out and see if her skin was as silky as it looked. Her eyes finally met his and they both stood there for a moment, speechless. Sesshoumaru coughed roughly and he shook his head. `why is she here….' He hesitantly sniffed the air, praying to god that Rin wasn't as stupid as to be sleeping with his brother. Gratefully, his scent was no where on her. Yet…Sesshoumaru gazed into Rin's eyes and he paused, his hand reaching forward slowly. "Rin…"

Rin gasped as his hand cupped her bruised cheek. She felt her cheeks flush as she marveled at how his touch felt against her body. She inhaled slowly, trying to wind herself down from the high that he had induced her to. "…yes…"

Sesshoumaru ran his thumb very gently over the bruise on her cheek as his brows creased in thought. "Who did this?"

Rin's eyes snapped open as she found her way to her god's face. he seemed…angry. She stepped back slowly, not wishing to reminisce about the prior nights events. She just wanted to forget, as she always did. She swatted his hand away, unable to look at his face anymore. She made a point of staring into the marble tile of the bathroom floor, "don't worry…I was clumsy and fell into a wine rack." She knew he didn't buy it…she could hear him growling. Her eyes slowly went back to his face as she digested what she just heard. "did you just growl at me?"

Sesshoumaru paused and decided which venue to take first. "yes, I did…I don't like being lied to Rin. If you choose not to tell me, that's fine, don't lie to me though."

Rin opened her mouth to protest but Sesshoumaru tapped the end of his nose with a claw. "I can tell…I can always tell." His eyes burned into hers, begging to learn what secrets she kept from him. he sighed upon her reluctance and leaned against the doorframe. "if you will not answer that question, then at least answer this one; why are you half naked in my house?"

Rin gaped at the demon before her for a long moment before tightly shutting her mouth. "I am not…" Sesshoumaru raised an eyebrow and the girl crossed her arms, suddenly feeling very exposed. She shivered in the sudden explosion of feelings that rustled inside of her. she pushed past Sesshoumaru into the bathroom and turned to glare at him, all traces of flirting and happiness wiped clear off her expression. "I'm staying here for a while, your brother said its fine. Sorry…I'll only be a moment." She grunted in frustration when the demon refused to move from the doorway.

"Who is my brother to say who lives here and who doesn't?"

Rin growled herself and shoved the demon's shoulders, pushing him clear across the hallway. If he had been standing on two feet, he would never have budged…but he was in no way ready for the girl to shove him. She gave him a glare and shut the door in his face.

Sesshoumaru stared at the door for what felt like forever. `She's…amazing.' He thought as he marveled at her perseverance. `No human has ever spoken two words to me unless otherwise demanded to…but this one…she has the audacity to shove Me.' he clicked his tongue against his teeth and turned to find his baka brother. `Someone is going to pay for the intrusion and it might as well be he.' He let a small grin settle on his lips as he realized, `I don't care that Rin is here…I'm actually pleased….I just wished someone would have warned me so I wouldn't be half dressed.'

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~