InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The curse of the dragon ❯ Lose your breath ( Chapter 69 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

~<>~ Curse of the dragon ~<>~
 
~<>~ Chapter 69 ~<>~ Lose your breath
 
Kagome threw down her backpack onto the queen-sized bed and stretched her arms above her head. Smiling at the other three girls who she was sharing a room with, she darted off towards the bathroom to check the size. Opening the door, she let off a slight squeal then rushed back to the main room. “The bathroom has a heat lamp! This place is amazing!”
 
It was true; the Ryokan Seiki was a lot more comfortable then she originally thought it would be. Mirroring much of the American Marriott hotel chain that she stayed at during her visit to the states years' prior, the room had actual beds instead of futons and had a lot of amenities that she could only dream of; one being the indoor heated pool. Rin and her made a pact to visit as soon as they were unpacked. The rooms were fairly large and the four girls would easily enjoy their time without fear of claustrophobia.
 
Rin threw down her bag and dropped onto the same bed that Kagome laid her stuff on. Burying her face in a pillow, she sighed, “well…the beds aren't hard, so that's a plus.” Lifting her face to look at the other two classmates, she smiled, “this place isn't that bad!”
 
Ginshi, the newest member of the squad and a freshman giggled nervously as she stepped out onto the balcony of their room. Though it was merely three stories, the hotel had a decent amount of rooms and was able to fit all of the students. She glanced up and smiled before stepping back into the room. “The view outside is great!” she paused for a moment and threw a glance at her friend Hitomi. With a shift of her weight, she added, “it seems one of the boys rooms is directly above ours also.”
 
Kagome peaked out of the bathroom and rolled her eyes. “It would be the luck…”
 
Rin finished the statement for her, adding a few choice words; “—of he Kami's that your baka's room is right above ours. I'll put all the money in the world on it! It's just fate! Not bad enough you let him all but fuck you…”
 
Kagome's eyes widened as she hissed, “Rin!”
 
Rin made a snorting sound in the back of her throat and crossed her arms roughly. “Hey, I'm not gonna sit here and ignore it! You know you let him slobber all over you on the way here, what makes you think he'll stop now?”
 
Hitomi pulled out her cheerleading uniform and hung it on the closet rack. “Rin-chan, don't forget that Floydd-sensei will be barricading us in the rooms later!”
 
Rin slowly turned her eyes to the younger girl and made a dramatic effort of rolling them. “Please, like a teacher could hold him back! InuYasha would walk right past Floydd to get to Kagome!”
 
Kagome blushed and ducked back into the bathroom. “I told him he had to keep his distance. He knows that I don't want…anything…like that happening. I informed him that if he chose to hang with the guys then I would be with you guys. He knows that I don't want to have anything to do with them.”
 
Rin rolled onto her stomach and propped her chin up in her hands. “Like what, Kagome-chan? Like what he was trying to do on the train? Like what you two have been doing consistently for the last few weeks? Besides, it's the guys and they aren't that bad.”
 
Kagome hid her head in her hands, glad that a wall separated the trio from her. “Rin…it's not the guys you're thinking…”
 
Rin sighed and shook her head, ironing her statement. “You know I'm right. But whatever, I'll stop goading you! Just remember what you said. You will not have sex with InuYasha in front of me, it's all I'm asking!”
Ginshi bit her bottom lip and asked quietly, “I don't understand why anyone would have sex in front of other people. Isn't there something very wrong with that? My mother used to get flustered when father would hold her hand in public. She used to yell at me for kissing my brother's cheek in public. I can remember being grounded for a week for kissing my first boyfriend out in front of the school when she came to walk me home. Wasn't InuYasha raised the same?”
 
Rin huffed before Kagome got a chance to answer. “No. InuYasha was raised by wild dogs that have no manners.”
 
Kagome frowned and walked out of the bathroom. “Those wild dogs are here, you know.”
 
Rin stared at Kagome, her mouth hanging open slightly. She shut it tightly and sneered, “you're kidding me, right? Bankotsu and the shit heads are here?”
 
Kagome nodded gravely, “they bombarded InuYasha on the train. I walked away, being that I really don't like them!”
 
Hitomi made a face and sat down next to Rin. Stretching across the older girl, she rested her head on Rin's back, “why would they be here? I mean…they go to our school, right? They just transferred? But…they aren't on the team nor do they go to the games.”
 
Rin reached behind her to pat the girl on the head before nodding, “yeah. They're trouble.”
 
Ginshi plopped down onto her bed and sat Indian style. “Hiten…he's the senior with the red eyes, right? And the long braid?”
 
Kagome sat on the floor and shrugged, “yeah, that's him.”
 
Ginshi exchanged a fast glance with Hitomi before giggling, “he's hot.”
 
Rin shot up, knocking the other girl off balance and sent her tumbling to the floor. “He is not hot!” she glanced down and grimaced. “Sorry, Hitomi!” she reached down, stifling the giggles that were building in the back of her throat and helped the girl back to the bed. After righting herself to rest against the headboard, she sighed. “Hiten, as well as Bankotsu, are trouble with a capital T. they are druggies and bums and assholes!”
 
Kagome made a face and stood. She retrieved her cheerleading uniform and added it to the closet, her face a mask of ambivalence. After a long moment of feeling eyes piercing through her skin, she turned and sighed. “It's not that I think them bums…I just don't like the games they play. I know they try with every breath to turn InuYasha away from me and to get him to go back to doing drugs and getting drunk every night.”
 
Rin studied Kagome's face before swinging her feet off the bed. “Do you think they can sway him?”
 
Kagome seemed to contemplate the answer before shrugging. “I don't think he'll do the drugs…as a matter of fact, I know he won't. He promised me such and saying that I doubt it would be saying that I don't fully trust him to keep his promises. So yeah, I know they won't sway him to do that. As for drinking…well…” she sighed and looked to her feet. “I know…I know expecting him not to drink is asking a lot. I know boys love to party and cut back…”
 
Rin shrugged and hung up her outfit. With her back to the girls, she asked meekly, “Is it so bad? I mean, really Kagome? Yeah, drinking and driving is a big mistake, we all know that. But to be able to relax with a few friends, to be able to take a breather from real life…is that such a crime? Is it to much to ask to be able to cut back one night?”
 
Kagome stood up slowly, letting her arms fall to her side. “Rin…if I let him once, what says he wouldn't again…and again, and again? I hold my ground towards my thoughts of drinking. He's not of age and he has bad records with it.”
 
Rin turned slowly, her face a mask of indifference. “Wasn't it you, though, who fucked him while he was drunk in the pool? Stupid things are done whether one is drunk or not, Kagome. Mistakes happen either way.”
 
Kagome stuck out her chin, her eyes icing over. “First, he wasn't drunk. Second, it wasn't a mistake…I'm very happy with him and I would never…”
 
Rin threw a hand towards the girl and brushed past her. “I'm not saying it was a mistake. I'm saying that while you are all good and moral about drinking, that stuff happens whether you do or not. One day, you're going to die. Do you want to die tomorrow never knowing how to have a good time?”
 
Kagome shot back, “do you need to drink to have a good time?”
 
Rin seemed to ponder over the question for a moment before letting her eyes see through Kagome, as if answering other questions that swarmed the darker parts of her mind. “Sometimes, drinking is the only way to relax…the only way to stop seeing things.”
 
As if reading her inner demons, Kagome slowly approached her distant friend and pulled her into a hug. “I'm not going to disappear with Yash, Rin. Not now…not this weekend. We're going to relax without getting drunk and have a good time while we're at it.”
 
Rin hugged her friend back before pulling away and staring at her feet. “Well…Kagome-Chan…that's something I wanted to talk to you about?”
 
Kagome narrowed her eyes, slowly beginning to be overwhelmed by this lingering feeling of dread. She wasn't going to like what Rin was going to say. “What?”
 
Rin looked up to Kagome and smiled a bright fake grin. “See…Kai told me about the party that they are planning…and it just sounds to good to pass up. So I was thinking…”
 
Kagome's eyes widened as she held up to hands in front of her body. “Oh no, Rin! No! Not a chance! I already said it, as did Floydd-sensai when we arrived here! We are not to party with the boys! They are upstairs and our rooms will be locked tonight! There is no way we can get there! You know the chaperones will be in the stairwells keeping us apart.” Her voice dropped to a whisper. “And you know that there is no way for us to get there…”
 
Hitomi giggled and pointed towards the balcony, “we can climb…”
 
Rin raised an eyebrow and poked Kagome with her elbow, “or a certain friend of ours can…fly…us up there!”
 
Kagome slapped a hand over her mouth as she stared at Rin. After a moment, she laughed. “You don't want me near InuYasha any day of the week! But now you want him to carry us to a party where you know everyone is going to be drunk? I thought you didn't want me near him this weekend. What happened to me being yours?”
 
Rin laughed and cooed, “oh baby!” she threw her arms around Kagome and hugged her laughing. “Come on Kag, it will be fun! I really want to get shit faced!”
 
Kagome hugged Rin back cautiously. “Rin…I'm not okay with that. I told the girls I don't want them there…what kind of example would I be setting if I went? No, sorry hon, but no.”
 
Rin pulled back from Kagome and looked her over quickly. The mirth that had been in her eyes evaporated leaving a mirage of a very cold tundra of anger and frustration echoing in her eyes. “Kagome, I want you to go with me to have fun. I want you there so we can have a blast like we used to. Yeah, we never went drinking but it's an added bonus to the trip. I'm going…and I want you to go with me but if you won't, I'm still going to go.”
 
Kagome turned slowly to look to the other girls and gave them a weary smile. “Could you guys excuse us for a moment?”
 
Hitomi and Ginshi exchanged glances then sighed. “Fine, we'll go find Sakura and go to the pool. Come down when you guys are ready.” With a glance that resembled pity, the two left the room.
Rin watched them leave then turned to Kagome. “Look, I'm going to say this. Say whatever the fuck you want to but just know that I'm going tonight.”
 
Kagome studied Rin's face then sighed. “I keep saying this but apparently you're not hearing me. You cannot drink while you are taking your meds!”
 
Rin sneered, “I didn't take them today.”
 
Kagome took a step towards the girl, a flash of worry crossing her face. “Rin…why…
Rin pushed Kagome back then turned and walked out to the balcony. Staring out in the dusk sky, she crossed her arms and closed her eyes. The night was cold as many November nights were. The air swept around her body, dancing with her silk strands of black hair and making the hair on her arms stand on end. She pleaded silently with it to cleanse her soul, to take away her pain and suffering. For a brief second, her eyes darted down to the street and she vaguely wondered how much it would hurt to connect with the pavement from the height of their room.
 
Kagome was by her side in a second, her hand on the girls shoulder and unshed tears in her eyes. Lending her what she had of strength, she pleaded, “Rin…I know you're hurting, and I know you want an escape…but if you go get drunk with those fools, then you may do something that you'll regret more then anything. You may hurt yourself or others…you'll hurt Sesshoumaru.”
 
With her eyes closed, Rin replied drearily, “I am already hurting Sesshoumaru. I might as well just disappear into the night and make it stop.”
 
Kagome's grip on her shoulder tightened. “Rin…that won't do anything but hurt him more. I know you feel like he is only putting up with you, or that you're holding him down…but he loves you. I know you can't see it and it drives us all crazy because he is head over heals in love with you. He wants to help but he knows that he can't.”
 
“Because I'm fucked up.”
 
Kagome sighed and turned Rin to face her. Gently wiping away the falling tears with her thumbs from Rin's cheeks, she cooed, “no, because he doesn't want to hurt you more. He wants to see you healed, that's why he's taking you to the doctor, that's why you're on the medicine. It's to get better.”
Rin sighed and slowly opened her eyes. “Sometimes I wonder.” Pulling away from Kagome's grasp, she grabbed onto the banister and leaned forward, resting the weight of her hips on the thin white metal. “Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to fly. Sometimes I wonder…if I could fly, would I be able to escape the pain? I just want to fly away, Kagome. Away from all of this; away from school, away from my family, away from my problems…away from memories…”
 
Kagome's eyes darkened as the brutal whiplash of the hidden connotation of her words hit her like a bucket of ice water. “Rin…why haven't you taken your medicine? What are you doing with the extra pills?”
 
Rin waved her hand at the bathroom and sighed, “I just leave them in the bottles. I'm not doing anything stupid, Kagome, don't worry. I'm not going to overdose or jump…I just…I don't know. I need some type of escape from all of the bullshit.”
 
Kagome sighed. “Are you still having your dreams?”
 
Rin shrugged and turned slowly to face Kagome. “Last night I didn't. It was the first real sleep I've gotten in a long time.”
 
Kagome smiled and took a step towards Rin. “Well…maybe everything is starting to work. But skipping your medicine isn't going to help! You have it for a reason.”
 
Rin nodded absently. “I'll start it again tomorrow. Tonight I want to have a good time without worrying about side effects.”
 
Kagome sighed and leaned next to Rin on the railing. “You're dead set about that party, aren't you?”
 
Rin nodded again, this time focusing on her friend. “I'm not going to hook up with someone, I know that's what you're thinking. I just want to cut back and I know InuYasha and Kai will look after us if we do.”
 
Kagome laughed and backed off a step, her hands defensively coming to rest palms facing out in front of her. “Oh no! I'm not drinking, Rin! I shouldn't even go!”
 
Rin clicked her tongue. “Nonsense! You should go…and you're going to go! And you're going to have a drink with me!”
 
Kagome raised an eyebrow and scoffed, “not bloody likely!”
 
Rin smiled and clasp her hands in front of her body. “Please, Kagome! Come on, all the girls are already going, you can thank rumors for that! Besides, I know Hiten will probably carry each and every one of them up there himself. We should go.”
 
Kagome shook her head. “I can't risk a suspension for being caught there. My mother would kill me! She already has a problem with me sleeping with InuYasha…I don't need to add fire to it! Could you imagine what would happen if she found out we went drinking? She'd throw me out on my ear!”
 
Rin made a show of throwing her arms up in the air with a child like innocence, “then you could come live with me and Sesshoumaru-sama!” Rin bounded forward and embraced Kagome. Rocking back and forth, she laughed, “It would be great! Come on, let's go! Please…please Kagome-Chan!”
 
Kagome hugged her friend back, the elite fear that things still weren't okay lingering the back of her mind. “Rin, I will on a couple conditions.”
 
Rin pulled back, the grin on her face was contagious enough to get Kagome to smile. “Anything, Kagome-Chan…that is, anything within moderation!”
 
Kagome laughed lightly and then sighed. “Okay, first off you have to promise that you won't get shit faced!”
 
Rin made a face then sighed. “Grant me six drinks. I won't have any more then that!”
 
Kagome huffed and crossed her arms, “six is enough to get you drunk.”
 
Rin shrugged and held up her hand, “not really…because they're only going to have beer.”
 
At the memory of kegs and Halloween, Kagome frowned. “Look, I only want you drinking out of bottles. No kegs, nothing being accepted from dumb and dumber. They have a nasty habit of drugging people's drinks. I'll give you five.”
 
Rin looked at her nails and chirped out, “six. But I accept the bottle condition. What else you gonna throw?”
 
Kagome sighed and put her hand to her temple. “We only stay for an hour or two. I cannot be caught there by Floydd!”
 
Rin nodded gravely, “Fine, I'll take that too. You're done, though, no more conditions.”
 
Kagome held up her hand and made a face, “one more; if at any point I sense you're at danger from your actions or yourself, I have the right to drag you out and have InuYasha take us back.”
 
Rin made a face then sighed. “Fine…but my terms is that you have to have at least one drink with me.”
 
Kagome crinkled her nose and shook her head. “I hate the smell of beer, it makes me nauseous. I can only imagine how bad it tastes! I'll just watch; I don't need to drink to have a good time.”
 
Rin shook her head and crossed her arms, “no, you have to promise me one drink.”
 
Kagome shrugged her shoulders and stuck out her chin. “No can do, sorry girl.”
 
A snicker echoed above them. Tired of eavesdropping the easy way, InuYasha decided to make his announced entrance. Dropping from above and landing soundlessly on the thin banister, golden eyes smirked at the two flabbergasted girls. “What's this about Princess drinking?”
 
Kagome put a hand her heart and hissed, “don't do that! You scared me! Geez…” titling her head up past the balcony she took note to Bankotsu and Hiten leaning over the railing above. She rolled her eyes while Hiten waved and turned to her towards her lover. “You took them home with you? Didn't anyone warn you about stray dogs?”
 
InuYasha scratched at the base of his neck and rolled his eyes. “They knew where we were staying. It would be pointless to lie otherwise.”
 
Rin sighed loudly, “You still took them back here. Baka! Now they aren't going to leave!”
 
InuYasha shrugged and jumped off the railing to wrap his arms around Kagome's shoulders. “Don't matter…they know to stay the fuck away from the both of you.”
 
Rin rolled her eyes as InuYasha kissed the side of Kagome's neck. “Oh please, I feel so safe now.” she rolled her eyes again and walked into their hotel room. “What time is the party starting?”
 
InuYasha shrugged and looked to the clock on the wall, “probably about eleven. I'm about to run to get the beer.”
 
Rin rummaged through her suitcase while responding; “get some liquor while you're at it. Kagome won't drink beer.”
 
The smile that resonated from the hanyou could light up a room. His eyes turned to his girlfriend and he tightened his hold, “you're going to drink?”
 
Flushed, Kagome answered a little to loudly, “No, I'm not going to drink. Rin thinks I will but I won't!”
 
Rin turned and prodded, “but you will…because you promised me one drink.”
 
Kagome opened her mouth to gawk at the girl. “I never promised…”
 
InuYasha caught the wink from Rin and grinned. “Oh, Princess, you can't go back on your word…that's not very nice!” bringing his mouth to her ear, he goaded, “so you owe her one drink and I think you should also have one with me.”
 
Kagome turned and grabbed his chin. Staring him dead in the eyes, she slowly stated, “I will not drink.”
 
InuYasha put his hand over hers and pulled her closer to him. Kissing the brim of her nose, he smiled wickedly, “you will, don't worry. Once you have one, you'll be fine. I swear it won't bite…” bringing his mouth to her ear, he nipped at her lobe then kissed her temple, “but I might...yet that could come later, much like you…”
 
Kagome's mouth dropped open as she pulled away from the hanyou. “InuYasha! That is just wrong!”
 
Rin rolled her eyes and pushed her way back out onto the balcony. “No fucking while around me, you hear me? If I can't get any, you can't get any!”
 
InuYasha huffed in amazement at the girl's brazen then crossed his arms. “Keh, that would be a cold day in hell Rin when I listen to that rule.” He rolled his eyes then stuck his nose up into the air.
 
Rin narrowed her eyes and kicked him in the shin lightly. “Get over yourself, Inu! I'm serious!”
 
InuYasha opened his mouth to respond when he paused. Sniffing the air, he stifled a groan as he gave Kagome one more squeeze and jumped onto the railing. Signaling to Hiten and Bankotsu to go back into the room, he threw both girls a cocky smile. “I'll be back; I'm gonna check on something then get the booze.”
 
Kagome shook her head slowly and sighed. “Don't let anyone know it was you, InuYasha, or you will be expelled! Not to mention, you'll have to deal with my mom, Ryen and you're brother when you get back.”
 
InuYasha scoffed and poised to jump. “I ain't worried about a single one of them, Kag. I'll get you later.” With a slow wink at the insinuation, he leapt from the balcony towards the street.
 
Kagome flushed and walked back into the room. “Boys…”
 
Rin rolled her eyes and shut the door, “indeed…”
 
~*~*~**~*~*~*~~**~*~
 
Landing on the ground, InuYasha countered the blow that came from his far left. He had smelt the bastard and knew the blow was going to hurt if it connected. He winced in pain as his forearm weathered the blast from his older sibling. InuYasha shoved Sesshoumaru back and then blinked. He didn't expect to see the other two who were glowering at him as well. Brushing off his pants and throwing a hostile glower at his brother, he nodded towards Sango and Miroku. “Yo.”
 
Sesshoumaru wanted to go after his brother and seriously inflict some bodily damage. He had heard the entire conversation between the group and was furious, no…livid, that InuYasha was even considering allowing Rin to drink. The distraction of InuYasha seeing the other two companions was enough time for him to land a hard blast to the hanyou's right side, nearly damaging a kidney at the sheer power of his blow. InuYasha toppled over, landing on his hands and knees with a grunt. His eyes widened with pain as his mouth hung open in mid gasp. Sesshoumaru reared back as if to kick a soccer ball…or Jaken…and would have executed the kick if Sango had not stepped between the two.
 
Chocolate eyes met angry golden ones as the teen crossed her arms. “That's enough, Sesshoumaru. You got your kicks in, now let's talk business.”
 
Sesshoumaru would have fought with the girl if she hadn't spun around and kicked the hanyou in his knee. Again the boy's yelp filled the air as Sango bent down and captured one of his ears between her fingers. Brining her mouth to its brim, she yelled, “just what the fuck do you think you're doing?”
 
InuYasha pushed her away and fought his way to his feet. He was still seeing multicolored stars and he felt like a train had hit him. Coughing roughly, he gasped, “what the fuck!” he pushed away Miroku who sought to steady him out and took two steps towards Sango and Sesshoumaru, who were looking rather bored and unimpressed.
 
Sango stepped forward and poked him in his chest with her index finger. “You are trying to get Kagome to drink after knowing how she feels about it? Why, so you can fuck her easier? Isn't it bad enough she'll bend over at your beckon call? Damn, InuYasha…and Rin? You know how much shit Rin's been facing lately and you're just going to let her get wasted? What if something happens? You have those two dolts with you up there and you're willing to allow two girls to hang around them drunk? They'll be raped and it will be your fault!”
 
Miroku winced at Sango's choice of angry words and took a step towards the group. “If I may…”
 
Sesshoumaru held out a hand towards Miroku, efficiently silencing him, and took a step towards InuYasha. His eyes held murder and his words venom. “You dare to allow my Rin to get drunk around fools who you know would so easily take advantage of her? You trust them to stay away? Have you learned nothing?”
 
InuYasha's face was growing to be a certain shade of deep red as he let out one angry breath. “Now hold the fucking train! Wait a god damned minute!” turning towards Sango, he glowered and yelled, “Just because you're Kagome's friend, doesn't mean you know what's fucking best for her all the damn time. Give the girl some fucking room, for fucks sakes! I mean, damn Sango…I ain't gonna let my fucking bitch get hurt while drinking! I'm not a fool! I ain't gonna leave her or Rin around Hiten and Bankotsu, not that they would dare to lay a hand on them but for moral reasons, I'm not stupid!” turning his eyes towards Sesshoumaru, he seemed to lose his anger that was replaced by a darker emotion, something more guarded and hidden. Sesshoumaru could see it, the others couldn't; InuYasha was hurt. InuYasha's voice dropped to a rasp whisper as he slowly shook his head, “I ain't gonna sit by and watch Rin be hurt again! I fucking know I'm supposed to watch her and I am going to do just that! She's with Kagome and if I can do one thing right in life, it's going to be protecting my mate and my family. They both constitute in those categories. I don't care that you question how I take care of myself…but don't you ever question my ability to protect my mate! Don't you dare!” turning away from the trio, InuYasha stormed towards the far end of the parking lot. Pausing once, he yelled back, “Miro…get your ass in gear, you're coming with me. You two…watch the girls and grow up! I ain't gonna fuck this up!”
 
Sango's jaw fell open as she stole a quick glance towards Sesshoumaru. He seemed to be nearly as shocked as they both tired to grasp onto what happened.
 
Sesshoumaru was the first to speak as he took a step towards his younger brother's retreating back. “InuYasha…you called Kagome your mate.”
 
InuYasha paused mid step and glanced over his shoulder at the boy. “Yeah…that's what she is…or should I give you a schooling about Youkai practices?”
 
If it had been in Sesshoumaru's nature to smile, he would have. Instead, his mouth took a very microscopic turn upwards. “She isn't simply another one of your victories?”
 
InuYasha shook his head slowly; his eyes traveling up the hotel's side to settle on the back of the love of his life. He was angry for a moment that Sesshoumaru would think her that and a part of him wanted to beat the stuffing out of the Youkai for even voicing something like that. Yet he could accurately remember how he was before Kagome…how he treated girls then. “It was never about that…we were never about that.” saying enough, InuYasha wrapped his arm over Miroku's shoulders and walked out with him; no one missing the fact that InuYasha was using the boy as a crutch.
 
Sango watched the two leave before blinking. “Did Miroku just leave me here?”
 
Sesshoumaru rolled his eyes and pushed into the hotel. “I'm getting my own room…I suggest you two do the same. I refuse to be around that lecher again at night.”
 
Sango raised a thin eyebrow and shot him an skeptical look; “you act as if he's worse then your brother.”
 
Sesshoumaru handed over his credit card and turned bored eyes towards Sango. “Your scent tells me all I need to know about how bad that letch is.”
 
Sango blushed crimson and shuffled her feet, “he isn't that bad…”
 
Sesshoumaru grabbed the key away from the clerk and turned towards Sango. “Right…and my brother is a saint.” He breezed past the girl, leaving her gawking in his path. The smile only touched his lips when he was around the corner and out of eye site. As much as he would have loved…as much as chewing off his own arm… to stay and have his ear talked off by Sango, he had some espionage work to do.
 
~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~~*~**~*~*~*
 
Rin pushed open the balcony doors and leaned over the railing. Her brown eyes that had been so dead for so many weeks were wide with excitement as she stared around the evening lights of the city of Kyoto. The air was crisp and it sent shivers up her back with the whispered promises of having one night to relax and cut back. She inhaled deeply, and closed her eyes. This is what she had been longing for; to simply get away from it all. What she was missing was his arms around her. `God I miss Sesshoumaru.' With a sigh, she dropped her chin into her hands. A part of her had been glad that she was going to be able to get away with Kagome and yet the more she thought about it, the more she missed him. Sure, her and Kagome had spent the entire day chatting like old times, catching on up the latest gossip and giggling like schoolgirls in the pool for two hours. In the sauna they exchanged more…intimate…of stories about their experiences and how their lives had changed with the boys entrances. By the middle of their soak in the sauna, they both needed to leave with laughter in their eyes and blush staining their cheeks. Rin knew that Kagome was watching out for her and that her friend only had her best intentions in mind and yet Rin was ready to throttle her. Once nine o'clock donned on the clock, Kagome had been a mess. Rin constantly reminded her the only one she needed to impress was InuYasha, and to impress him would be child's play for the girl and yet Kagome insisted on trying on every damn outfit in her and Rin's suitcases. When clothing was no longer the catch interest, drinking was. Rin had enough of Kagome's lectures and bickering about beverages and had pushed her way out of the room. Now she was alone with her thoughts on the cold cement surface. `Gods do I miss him!'
 
“You're going to catch your death out here if you stand on the balcony half naked! It's forty degrees out, Rin! Get inside!”
 
Rin kept her eyes closed and sighed. The mother hen was at it again. “Kagome, I'm dressed. Besides, it's to nice of a night to stay inside.”
 
Kagome walked out onto the balcony, pulling at her scandalously short skirt. The black material rode up every time she walked and she couldn't help the feeling that the bottom of her ass would be hanging out if it raised just an inch more. She leaned against the railing with her friend and then put a piece of her black hair behind her ear. The wind was colder then the air and made it nearly impossible to stay much longer outside before freezing to death. She wrapped her arms around her body and sighed. “Come inside Rin!”
 
Rin laughed and whirled around to look at Kagome. In here eyes, Kagome could see the serenity that the girl had been lacking and yet could also distinguish a certain flicker of danger passing through her gaze. Rin was looking forward to drinking a little too much for Kagome's taste. Rin held out her bare arms and laughed, “come on, Kag, lighten up! We're going to a party, we're going to have a great time; do a little dancing, drink a good amount of liquor and just cut back! Why can't you relax?”
 
Kagome shook her head slowly, looking over Rin's outfit. Rin's pants clung to her body like a second skin of black leather decorated with a hanging silver chain that was strategically placed around her waist to hang down right over her curve of her ass. Her halter cut off shortly above her belly bottom and rose up right under the swell of her breasts every time she raised her arms. The shimmer of the material caught the moonlight and would throw splashes of blue across the raven material. Her hair was up in a high ponytail and her face was decorated with smudges of deep shades of makeup. Kagome sighed again and put her hand on Rin's wrist. “Are you sure about this Rin? What if Sesshoumaru finds out you were drinking?”
 
Rin pulled away from Kagome as if her touch burnt her. Fixing the bracelets on her wrists, she smiled a phony grin. “Then I'll explain it to him that I needed a break. He might not like it but he'll deal with it.”
 
Kagome shook her head and fixed her sweater. “Is that how a mate is supposed to handle what the other does? By dealing with it? Rin I don't think that what you're doing is right…”
 
Rin snapped her head around to stare at her friend. Gone in her eyes was the warmth and tranquility that had filled her aura for the day. What diluted the girl were feelings of anger and resentment, frustration and loathing. Her eyes burned with hatred as she spit back, “fuck that shit, Kagome! Damn, you really need to pull that fuckin stick out of your ass! I'm so sick of your goody-two-shoes rant! Don't try to judge me Kagome, you don't know what the fuck I've been through!” she flipped her hair over her shoulder and took a step towards her flabbergasted friend. “I don't give a damn what you say, or what you think about me! I'm going to cut back and do this and if you keep pestering me about it, then stay the hell here! Otherwise, come to the party like a normal teenager and stop trying to be the mother hen for one moment in your life!”
 
Kagome's jaw dropped as she sought for words to retaliate with. “Rin…”
 
Rin held up her hand and looked back over the balcony, “save it! I don't care right now!”
 
Kagome grimaced and fought down the tears that were brimming in her eyes. “Rin I…” receiving another glower from the girl, she whispered meekly, “I'm sorry…”
 
Rin stared at Kagome for a long moment, as if trying to figure out if she meant what she said then huffed, “forgets about it. Just…forget it.” heaving a giant sigh, Rin traced a hand down her face, weary of her makeup around her eyes. Not looking back to see the hurt expression on Kagome's face, she was sure that a part of her would die if she knew she was hurting more of those who loved her. she didn't mean to snap but she felt like she was teetering on a tightrope. It only took a gentle push to send her into a turbulent plummet of emotions. Another sigh exhaled from her lips and got lost in the wind. “I'm sorry…I didn't mean…” with a shake of her head, she buried the words under deep thought. Turning back to look out into the city, she sighed, “I just wish Inu would get here so we can get up there!”
 
Enter the said hanyou. Dropping from the balcony above, he landed on theirs with a grin plastered to his face. He moved to stand up, wobbled slightly then dropped back to sit on his haunches on the railing. It was obvious to both girls that the boy already had a good amount of drinks coursing through his blood and Rin was sure he was well on his way to being plastered. “You rang?”
 
Rin squealed and launched herself at the hanyou, who held her at an arms length. His eyes widened as he looked over her attire. “Rin…that's…well…” he cleared his throat and lifted his eyes to meet Kagome. Anything he could have said about Rin's dress fell from his lips as his eyes roamed over Kagome. The skirt was short; the sweater was skin tight with a low enough neckline to see well into the cleavage of her breasts. Her hair was loose around her shoulders and blowing in the wind, giving her a very unearthly glow from the pale moonlight. She looked like an angel…given, a very delinquent angel…but one never the less. He fought to bring up words and fought to put down his hardening member as his eyes basically undressed the girl in front of him.
 
Rin rolled her eyes and prodded his foot with hers. “Earth to InuYasha…put you're eyes back into your head!”
 
InuYasha cleared his throat and shook his head, blinking rapidly as he fought to turn to look at the other girl. He nodded once and wrapped his arm around Rin's waist. Throwing Kagome a smile as he finally was able to get his words right, he beckoned to his left side. “Come on Princess, not every day I get to enter a party with two hot chicks at my sides.”
 
Rin laughed while Kagome blushed and walked to his side. Rin tapped his shoulder then leaned into him, “don't get used to it!” Securing both girls in his arms, he leapt from their railing to the one above. Landing without a problem, he draped his arms over the girls and ushered them into the hotel room. He nearly laughed as their eyes widened. The boys had successfully lifted the beds from the floor and braced them against the walls, leaving room for mingling and dancing. The four rooms the jocks had received all had connecting doors that were open making way for a larger party space and beds for those who needed them. The music was atrociously loud and there were four kegs on the dresser along with a cooler underneath. Rin pulled away from InuYasha within the moment they walked through the door and made a beeline straight for the cooler. Reaching inside, she pulled herself out a Coors and a Smirnoff ice for Kagome. She grinned as she walked back to the girl and held out the beverage. “You promised!”
 
Kagome stared at the drink as if Rin had grown a second head and shook hers. “No way…Rin, I…I can't…”
 
InuYasha rolled his eyes and snagged a cup of beer that he had left on top of the television. Holding it out towards Rin, he grinned, “I'll toast.” His eyes roamed over her for the briefest of moments; he was sure that if Sesshoumaru were to make a grand entrance at this moment, he would have had a heart attack. To say Rin looked hot could be considered the understatement of the year. `Yet Kagome…damn!' if he had it his way, she would have been out of the outfit the second he had seen her. InuYasha shook his head as his eyes fell to her ass. `Damn!'
 
Kagome met his eyes and shot him a dark glower. “Don't encourage her!”
 
Rin rolled her eyes and jammed the bottle into Kagome's hand. “Drink!”
 
InuYasha held out the drink towards the two girls and smiled, “here's to surviving this past hellish month!”
 
Rin laughed weakly and nodded firmly. “Completely! I'll drink to that!”
 
“As will I”
 
Kagome and Rin jumped around and squealed before latching onto Miroku's neck. The Houshi stood behind them with a bottle of Coors in his hand and a wide grin on his face. He, InuYasha, Kai, Bankotsu and Hiten had started drinking much earlier on and the boy was rather tipsy. Miroku kissed both their cheeks and grinned widely, “if Sango could see me now…”
 
Kagome pulled away and shot him an inquisitive glance. “Where is she…and what are you doing here?” she glanced around anxiously looking for a sight of her best friend, “is she here with you?”
 
Miroku blinked and looked around him for a minute before the proverbial light bulb went on. “Sango…she's in the other room! She had to much to drink already!” as against the whole thought as Sango was, she had won the shot contest between eight of the boys and was already feeling the effects. “And I am here to make sure he does nothing stupid!” he pointed a bottle towards InuYasha then took a deep chug from it. “Cheers!”
 
Rin laughed and reached up and clinked her bottle against him. “Cheers!”
 
Kagome stared at her drink and sighed. An arm snaked around her waist and she was pulled into a red silk clothed chest. Hot breath invaded her ear and set the hair on the back of her neck on end. “For once baby, just relax. I am not gonna force you to drink, you know I would never do that. If you don't want to, that's fine.” He kissed her temple as she visibly sighed.
 
Kagome nodded dumbly and held up the bottle. `When in Rome, ne? oh well…what can one drink do?' with a deep breath, she leaned into InuYasha's shoulder. “Cheers…”
 
Rin smiled and clinked glasses with the girl before downing half the bottle.
 
Kagome took a sip and paused, letting the taste settle in her mouth. She glanced at the bottle then at InuYasha. “How much alcohol does this have in it?”
 
InuYasha finished his cup and dropped it behind him. “Fuck if I know…you can't get drunk off them though!” he flashed her a smile then turned to fumble with the keg to get more beer.
 
Kagome searched the label until Rin put her hand over Kagome's. “Enough! Just relax Kagome. It takes a couple of those to get wasted! Just enjoy and dance!”
 
Kagome stared at Rin before sighing deeply. Holding the bottle towards the girl, she cocked her head to one side, “you know…I'm really going against everything I believe in.”
 
InuYasha kissed the side of Kagome's neck as he snaked his way back around her. His free hand settled on the curves of her hips resting his fingertips just below the waistband of her skirt. “Isn't that what you said before we landed in the pool last month? And look where we are now!”
 
Kagome rolled her eyes and snapped back, “exactly!” she laughed at the playfully hurt expression that passed over his face before she took another sip. “This tastes like sprite!”
 
InuYasha laughed and turned to look at the crowd of kids grinding against each other on the makeshift dance floor. “Sure, Princess…drink up. You want to dance?”
 
Miroku coughed once into his hand and smirked, “you mean dry hump?”
 
InuYasha met Miroku's bemused glance and flipped him off. “Fuck off…”
 
Rin reached over, slid her hand around Kagome's wrist and yanked her away from the hanyou. Wrapping her arm around Kagome, she teased, “I told you she was mine this weekend…hands off!”
 
Miroku's eyes lit up, as did the smile on his face until he caught the dark glower with promises of death from InuYasha if he so much as opened his mouth.
 
Kagome looped onto Rin's arm and flashed InuYasha a wide smile. “Sorry baby, she's right!”
 
InuYasha shrugged at them and laughed lowly. “Sure, Princess. Stay in my sight, I'm gonna go talk to Kai.” He leaned in and kissed her cheek. “Behave,” he breathed in her ear.
 
Putting down the empty bottle, Rin grabbed another Coors before pulling Kagome out onto the dance floor. “You remember how we used to do this?”
 
Kagome laughed and took a deep drink from her Smirnoff. “We haven't danced in like a year, Rin!”
 
Rin smiled and held the bottle by the top, letting it hang loosely in her hand. “Have you forgotten how? Come on, Kag…remember how the guys used to stare?” she pushed her knee in-between Kagome's and pushed her shoulders in one direction. “Come on, just relax! Remind InuYasha why he can't resist you!”
 
The songs mixed from a nearly unrecognizable 112 to Destiny's child “Lose your breath”. Rin began to grind in one direction against Kagome, smiling as some began to stare. Kagome took another moment then gave in and joined Rin in the seductive dance. Each girl aimed a different way from each other yet their legs were intertwined and their bodies were inches from the other. Occasionally they would catch the others eyes and would erupt in a fit of giggles. Rin let her fingers dance across Kagome's shoulders then down her arms as she danced away only to pull herself closer again. The two continued to dance with each other in an alluring way, capturing the attention of nearly every man in the room. Rin took the moment to turn herself in Kagome's arms so her back was to the other girl's chest. Kagome settled her hands on Rin's shoulders, trying to keep the daringly sexy grin on her face as boys nearly trampled over each other to get a closer look. Rin grinned as she pushed her back into Kagome. Kagome grabbed Rin's hands and turned so that they were back to back. They joined in each other's rhythm, their fingers intertwining in mid air for a while before running down each other's arms. Kagome and Rin matched steps and turned with precise timing to face each other again and began to grind once more. Rin wrapped her arms around Kagome's neck and continued dancing, her eyes catching those of a completely caught of guard hanyou with a mischievous grin.
 
InuYasha sipped his Coors as he leaned against the wall, talking with his friend who was currently getting yet another lap dance. “What is this, like you're sixth lapdance of the day? And they call Miroku a man-whore!”
 
Kai grasped onto Hitomi's hips as she made an attempt to move from the two boys and held her in place, wordlessly beckoning her to continue. His gray eyes met InuYasha's bemused stare and he laughed. “I can't help it if the girl's can't resist me! They practically fawn all over me!”
 
InuYasha rolled his eyes and the boy bucked his hips up at the girl. “God, you guys say I'm bad, get a fucking room!”
 
Kai laughed and pointed a finger at InuYasha before his gaze was redirected by a shake of the girl's ass. “You…my friend are what we call an exhibitionist. You would just as soon fuck Kagome, as you would look at her in front of us. I'm not that bad!”
 
InuYasha narrowed his gaze and scoffed, “well fuck you to!” with a chuckle he turned around, freezing in mid step. It was as if the entire room just vanished and all that was in front of him were the two girls. Kagome had her leg between Rin's and they were grinding as close as one could on the dance floor. Every eye in the room was on them; guys longing to be with one of the two vixens and the girl's wishing to be the girls. InuYasha felt his mouth go dry as he pushed past some of the crowd that had amassed. His breath was shallow and his cock hard. He couldn't comprehend what he was seeing. `My Kagome? Never…she's way to modest to be basically making out with another girl! No way…'
 
A hand slapped him in the shoulder as Miroku slung himself around the hanyou. “Holy hell, man! Now that's hot! Damn…I stand corrected; that is dry humping!
 
InuYasha shrugged Miroku off with a brush of his hand and pushed further towards the girls. Though he couldn't find a way to express in words or actions just how this sight was affecting him, his groin could. The black leather pants he had stretched comfortably around his body now ached at his pelvis, restricting all movement, as he grew harder by the moment. `Holy fuck, Sesshoumaru would flip a shit if he saw this!' Rounding on the two girls, he grabbed Kagome by her hips, and thrust himself against her back encasing Kagome in the middle of him and Rin. He joined in their movements as his mouth fell to the back of her exposed neck. `This is most definitely going to be a good night!'
 
Rin laughed as Kagome's breath came shorter after Inu joined the group. Rin had actually expected him to join in the moment they stepped onto the dance floor but had been pleasantly surprised when he didn't. She saw him stalking about the dance floor like some sort of primal predator and laughed when Kagome actually jumped at his touch. Rin pulled away from the grind and tipped her empty beer bottle at the two. Shouting over the music, “I'm getting more!” she knew her words were lost to them the moment she stepped away. Kagome's head rolled back to lay on Inuyasha's shoulder and the hanyou's arms grasped lower onto the girl's hips, resting his fingers right under the hem of her skirt. `I give then ten minutes before he has that skirt at her feet in some dark corner.' Rin laughed as she grabbed another bottle.
 
“That was hot, Koi…very hot!”
 
Rin froze and looked over her right shoulder. She rolled her eyes and jacked the top of her bottle against the desk, popping open the top. She pushed past the thunder demon and headed back for the dance floor, choosing to ignore the barrage of insults that he muttered under his breath. She wasn't looking for a hook up, a one-night stand or anything, let alone anything to do with that scum.
 
Hiten reached out and laid a hand gingerly on her shoulder. He knew he was pressing his luck by even talking to her yet as a male chauvinists and man-whore, he couldn't let a performance like that go un-rewarded. “I'm serious, baby…”
 
Rin turned back around and pinned him with narrowed eyes and a harsh tone. “Don't fucking call me baby!” she swiped his hand off of her body and shot him a glower that could turn ice to stone; “and don't you ever fucking call me Koi again!”
 
Hiten held up one hand as his other held a cup of some mystery red punch. “Whoa there, Princess…I didn't mean offense! All I'm saying is that you're hot…that was hot…both of you are hot! Tell me…have you two ever made out?”
 
Rin growled and shoved at his shoulder as she turned on her heels, “pig!”
 
Hiten rubbed where she hit him and continued after her, “no, I'm serious!”
 
Rin turned on her heels and pinched the bridge of her nose. “I'm not going to justify that with an answer!”
 
Hiten's smile was brash, “is that a yes?”
 
Rin's hand connecting with his right cheek was his answer. “Jerk!” Rin pushed her way through the crowded room to find Kagome and InuYasha just where she left them. Chugging the bottle in nearly thirty seconds, she threw it into a trashcan and slipped back into Kagome's arms. “Where were we?”
 
Kagome laughed at the glazed look in Rin's eyes then polished off her drink. Yelling over the music, she lowered her head towards Rin's ear, “how many of those have you had?”
 
Rin laughed lightly and shrugged, “hell if I know…three, I think!”
 
The bottle in Kagome's hand vanished and was mysteriously returned a second later refilled. Kagome shot her lover an inquisitive glance then laughed as he smiled brightly at her. Kagome turned and pushed the bottle back towards InuYasha. “I don't think I want another…I'm already feeling slightly shaky!”
 
InuYasha laughed then took a deep sip from the bottle. “You'll be find, Princess!”
 
Kagome stared at him before taking back the bottle with a defeated sigh. `This is going to be a long night!'
 
~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*
 
 
-So I got a lot more to add to the night's story but being that I'm not really in the best of mental states to write, I probably should end it here…besides, it's like 2am. So yeah, more to come don't worry! hehe…drunken Kagome makes funnies….and before anyone says it; yes I know that if you were to have that loud of a party in a hotel, someone would bitch….but let's not forget how rich these kids are. The teachers are putty in their hands…and also the English music playing at the party…it just happened. I don't know that many good hip-hop fashion songs in Japanese so it's what we got!
 
 
 
-ja ne!