InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The curse of the dragon ❯ Come together ( Chapter 81 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

~<>~ Curse of the Dragon ~<>~
 
 
 
~<>~ Chapter 81 ~<>~ Come together
 
 
-By the gods, this is a monster chapter. I apologize, but there really is no point in which I can cut it. Lemons and fluff and stuff…
 
~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~
 
 
 
Sango rolled over onto her stomach and propped her chin up with her hands. The dying sunlight reflected dully off the pink walls of the tiny room, barely basking the three girls with enough light to see. None of the occupants were energetic enough to turn on a light so they silently were watching the room fade into darkness. Sango could still make out the figure of Kagome lying on her bed but Rin was lost to her eyes. Rubbing her eyes, trying to get used to the masked night, she asked tentatively, “So are you guys really ready for tomorrow? I mean…Kouga still doesn't have his part down, does he?”
 
Kagome shrugged, rolling from her stomach onto her back to stare at the ceiling where the amber light of the golden sun lingered like a dying memory. “I guess…we won't know until we try, ne?” turning her eyes to stare at her friend, she added dully, “What's the worst that can happen?”
 
Rin, who was draped over her computer chair, spun in lazy circles and quipped, “Don't say that Kagome. Bankotsu could drop a sandbag…on our heads, or we could completely sing off key…or forget our lines.” The girls giggled at the joke. Bankotsu had been dropping random props dangerously close to the wolf Youkai on and off for about a month now, each time normally when Kouga was far to close to Kagome or Rin. It was odd, really, how much Bankotsu had changed. After everything was said and done with Naraku, he had just about dropped all of his `bad' habits. The up side was that the tachi now understood just why InuYasha hung around this kid; he wasn't the person any of them thought him to be. And oddly enough, he had become fiercely protective of Rin and Kagome…he still kept his distance from Sango though, mostly to the fear of her beating the snot out of him. He had become an added member to their group without doubt, and all agreed. The downside to the boy's presence was the trouble he and InuYasha were constantly getting themselves into. As if InuYasha hadn't enough of him plate before Bankotsu's reformation. Rin furrowed her eyebrows and sat upright in the chair. “Besides, Kouga can always screw up his role…like we all know he will.”
 
Sango turned her gaze to Kagome. “I thought Yash took over the part? Don't tell me Kenchi-sama is actually considering putting Kouga on stage?”
 
Kagome sighed and shook her head. “I wish it were that easy…but he won't simply hand over the part. Something has to happen to him for InuYasha to get the role, like Kouga breaking his leg. Bankotsu has offered many times to see it happen but Kenchi-sensei keeps saying if Kouga is physically harmed, the musical is off.”
 
Rin sat up from her chair then stumbled towards her two friends, dizzy from the circles she had been spinning. She tripped once and crashed into Sango, who barely caught her before crushing them both to the floor. Both girls erupted in fits of giggles as Rin struggled to sit up. “Don't worry about that…I got it all covered.”
 
Kagome turned her attention to Rin and narrowed her eyes. “What are you talking about Rin? What do you mean have it all covered?”
 
Rin licked her lips slowly then smiled devilishly at them. “We can't have Kouga sabotaging the school play, now can we?”
 
Sango slowly crossed her arms, a coy smile building on her face, “so what, are you going to sabotage Kouga?”
 
Rin held up her hands and put an innocent smile on her face. “Why, I know not what you speak of, Sango. I'm not going to do anything…” under her breath, she quickly added, “Bankotsu might…”
 
Kagome sat up straight and eyed her friend suspiciously. “What are you two plotting?”
 
Rin shrugged and lay back to the floor. Crossing her ankles and raising her knees, she was the picturesque version of innocence. “I'm not going to do a single thing, like I said and I still claim I don't know anything.” She was quiet for a moment before quickly adding, “but whatever Bankotsu does, I'm sure that Kouga will be on the shitter for hours.”
 
Sango laughed loudly and turned her head towards Rin. “What is he going to do?”
 
Rin chewed on her bottom lip then blurted out, “Something about laxatives…and vodka…I don't know any more.”
 
Kagome laughed and rolled off the bed to lay next to her friends on the floor. “That's just wrong. Why can I see Kouga trying to get onstage regardless? He'll have to run out in the middle of his scenes because he can't wait! It would be great!”
 
The three girls erupted into a fit of laughter over the image of the Youkai darting out on his responsibilities. It was the truth though, something that Kouga would do. at least he had moved on from harassing Kagome every play practice. InuYasha still attended each one, sometimes stepping in to keep up with the lines. Kenchi had been very impressed with InuYasha's performance and yet took every moment he could to berate the hanyou for never trying out in the first place.
 
Kagome dropped her head back on Rin's shoulder and smiled. The silence was comfortable, soothing almost. “I miss this…we hardly ever hang out anymore.”
 
Sango nodded, “I completely agree. We should have like a girl's night…once a week. Where it's no boys, just us…and movies…”
 
Rin quickly added, “with hot guys in them.” she slapped Sango's thigh and quickly added, “and chocolate…”
 
Kagome giggled and playfully raised acted aghast, “why Rin! You would dare to look at another man who isn't Sesshoumaru? For shame!”
 
Rin put her hand over her heart and dramatically sighed, then shoved Kagome and laughed when she retaliated. “Please…I could watch Sesshoumaru any day of the week.”
 
“So…tell us…have you two…?”
 
Rin looked up at Sango shook her head in the negative. The smile that graced her lips was sad and insincere, but there was no hidden animosity, no discomfort. “No, but it's okay. I'm fine with it. I mean…it's not like we don't do other things to…well…you know.”
 
“Get off?”
 
Rin gasped then shoved Kagome's shoulders. “You're so bad! I swear, hanging out with Inu has only decreased your IQ! What happened to the girl who would never curse? I think the last time I saw her was about five months ago…”
 
Kagome shoved her back and feigned hurt. “I'm appalled. You dare to talk about my diction? Rin, to get you to say anything a year ago was hard; to get you to curse five months ago was impossible. Now you're worse then a sailor!”
 
Rin rolled her eyes. “I am not. I talk with perfect diction!”
 
“The only diction you have Rin is an addiction…to Sesshoumaru.”
 
Rin's jaw hit the floor. “I am not addicted to Sesshoumaru! …Only his body.” She stared at the wall for a moment, as if lost in a trance then laughed and licked her lips. “Gods…that body…”
 
All three girls broke into a fit of giggles. After a while, Sango reached out and rubbed Rin's shoulder. “I'm glad to see that you're okay. You had me worried…ya know? Things were dark for a while.”
 
Rin touched Sango's hand as the smile faded from her lips. “Things are always darkest before dawn…something I heard once.” With a deep sigh, she propped herself up on her elbows, “I'm doing better…I wouldn't say okay, but I'm getting there.”
 
Kagome rubbed the girl's back and muttered, “I hope that bastard rots in hell!” She didn't even consider her words until they had slipped out of her mouth. Her jaw fell and her eyes met Sango's in a silent plea that the girl hadn't heard. Sango mimicked the interaction of a deer in headlights, both girls waiting to hear Rin's reaction.
 
Rin looked back at Kagome and smiled. “He will…I'm sure it's hell on earth right now for him with the military…but he'll join his dad soon enough. I'm sure.”
 
Sango bit her tongue; she had been the only one who was fully against not telling Rin about Naraku. She believed the girl had a right to know, a right to feel peace at mind. She had silently hoped that Rin would have found out…but she never did. To Rin, Naraku was locked away somewhere with the US Military in a confine no one would ever see. She closed her eyes, shook her head and chose to remain mute.
 
Kagome shifted uneasily in the silence and quickly sought out a topic. “So…Rin…have you made a lot of friends through the group?”
 
Rin shrugged and laid back to the floor, “some…some are really great. The girls are…well…different. Some have really seen hell. I was so quick to block out their stories to begin because I was so set that my life was so far worse then theirs that I never listened. There's one girl who I've really bonded with who went through a lot, ended in drugs because of it and is rehab now. She's really great and a true inspiration.”
 
Sango raised an eyebrow and wrinkled her nose. The cynical tone in her voice didn't go unnoticed. “An inspiration? For what; to do drugs?”
 
Rin turned and shook her head. “No…to get my life together. I would have let everything sit, Sango, if it hadn't have been for her. I would never of opened my mouth about anything bothering me and probably would have tried to kill myself by now.” her eyes dropped to the floor, choosing not to add the `again' to the end of the sentence. It had been hard, ruggedly hard, to skate by the last month. But after the long conversation with Ryen in the car and the first weekend she spent without Sesshoumaru, she had slowly begun to understand that maybe life did have a meaning after all. She had listened to the girls for the first time that week and from there had made some friends. Returning back to Sesshoumaru's arms was still her favorite part of the weekend, but after that trip, she hardly ever cried about the past. She never gave her feelings the chance to fester anymore; if something bothered her, she spoke her mind. Sesshoumaru had a hard time adjusting to it, InuYasha more so, but it was smoothed over nicely after a week. Everyone had noticed the drastic change in her personality, as did she. She was all around a happier person to be around and more optimistic. She still needed Sesshoumaru to hold her hand through her sessions but then again, she knew that would never change. She would always need the love of her life.
 
Kagome nodded slowly, “I guess I understand that. Do you really talk to Sesshoumaru about what he did to you though?” The name Naraku was almost an obscenity to the group. If it was impossible, they avoided his name all together.
 
Rin clenched her jaw and debated her answer. “Sometimes, some of the stuff.” She cast her eyes to the floor and studied a stain in the carpet, giving it a history and a name. “Some of the stuff…is to much for him. It's stuff I would never want to tell him. Some of the stuff is stuff I'll never tell anyone.”
 
The three girls sat in silence for a while, the morbidity of the situation beginning to float over their heads like bricks. Gone was the serenity and replaced by something darker, something malignant. Kagome quickly clasp her hands and thought of something else that she hoped would fare better. “Oh, do you want to know what I heard in school?”
 
Sango turned and shrugged, praying to put an end to the tumultuous silence. “Shoot.”
 
Kagome sat up and chewed on her bottom lip, something she was beginning to develop as a habit. “So…rumor is that Ms. Fallion was fired. They said that she was caught threatening a student, but everyone is saying it's because of how she had money in Naraku's gangs.”
 
“Good, we needed to get that bitch out of there! Fucking dyke, she was.”
 
Kagome turned and laughed with Sango, “you're horrid!”
 
Sango painted an innocent smile on her face. “What? Oh come on! You mean to tell me you don't think she deserved it?”
 
Kagome gawked for a long moment. “Are you forgetting who got into screaming matches with her? Please! She deserves that and to be put in jail!”
 
Rin shrugged and traced patterns in the carpet with her polished toenails. “Maybe…maybe not. I'm sure that she had her reasons to rely in Diegosan.”
 
Sango shook her head. “Maybe she was friends with Sessh's mother's crew. Speaking of…what happened to her?”
 
Rin's smile grew contemptuous. “The bitch is in jail. Basically for threatening an officer of the law for one, and also for conspiracy to commit murder as well as a string of other charges linking her with Naraku and many different assignations attempts. She's in for twenty to life.”
 
Kagome shook her head. “Ryen said that she had a shit fit in the precinct. She kept waiting for Naraku to bail her out.”
Rin rolled her eyes. “She was such a bitch. She treated Naraku as more of a son then Sesshoumaru. I say good riddance.”
 
Sango nodded. “Sounds like someone needs her like some people need a hole in the head.”
 
Kagome shot Sango a dark glower then straightened her shirt then gasped. “Have you guys seen Kikyo since Naraku was…incarcerated?”
 
Rin shook her head then looked to her nails. “The bitch dropped out of our school immediately. Transferred, or so I heard, to the public school.”
 
Sango nodded, “she did…but that's not what's amazing.”
 
Rin leaned forward and added, “She's completely changed. She stopped whoring herself out to guys, or so I heard. And she's dressing in the normal uniform at the school, nothing whorish.”
 
Kagome shifted uneasily. She hated Kikyo for what she had tried to pull with InuYasha, but she still felt bad for her interactions with Naraku. Kagome had half expected Rin to understand Kikyo's hatred but she would never condone it. Kikyo had been another victim; she just chose to be a bitch about it. “So…what else have you guys heard around school?”
 
Rin turned towards Kagome, the threat of a smile playing at the corner of her mouth. “Oh, I heard a good one! Want to hear it?”
 
Kagome studied her friends face from her position with her head lying on Rin's shoulder then nodded, “sure, humor me.”
 
Rin's grin grew wicked as she twiddled her thumbs, “so this girl who is in the play, she has some type of lead role or something…well…rumor has it that she's been banging her boyfriend in the back dressing room of the stage for the last month and I heard that Kenchi-sensai finally walked in on it and was threatening to kick her out of the play, as well as out of school…but he didn't say anything to anyone because he thinks she's a great worker and only misguided…by a certain boyfriend.” She leaned forward and poked Kagome in her forehead, “tell me that he seriously didn't catch you two!”
 
Sango gasped and rolled over to glare at Kagome, “you did not tell me about this! The back dressing room? Kagome…come on! How…unromantic is that?”
 
Kagome blushed profusely and chewed on her bottom lip before spilling, “fine…all right…I'll admit it! Yes, Kenchi walked in on me and Yash…but we weren't having sex!”
 
Rin's eyebrows shot up. “And just what were you doing?”
 
Kagome's blush darkened. “I…was…err…” she looked down and twisted her ankle in circles, avoiding all eyes that stared at her. “That is…”
 
Sango rolled her eyes and added for her, “were you going down on him?”
 
Kagome closed her eyes, wishing in part the floor would simply open wide and swallow her whole. “Basically.”
 
Rin exploded in laughter. “Holy shit, Kagome! He caught you giving Yash head? That's horrible!”
 
Kagome shrugged and sighed loudly, “it could have been worse…if he had waited five minutes, there would have been a hell of a lot more for him to walk in on.”
 
Sango glanced around Kagome's room and it was as if the proverbial light bulb lit up. “That's why your home? Your mom grounded you?”
 
Kagome frowned and sat up with her legs crossed. “I've been grounded for…like…the past three months. Since the whole show down, I've been basically `grounded'”. Placing the air quotations around the word, Kagome scoffed and rubbed her neck.
 
Rin and Sango exchanged glances and Rin was the first to speak. “But you're always with me at the mansion. How are you in both places?” Kagome stared at Rin until Rin understood. “Oh, you go anyway. I get it.”
 
Kagome shrugged and made a face. “Well…that worked…up until four weeks ago. Now she is sitting outside of the school every day waiting for me. I guess she finally had enough.”
 
Rin wrinkled her nose, “what made her put her foot down?”
 
Kagome's cheeks flared rouge as she looked at the floor, “well…let's just say that she saw the rug burn I had on my palms and started questioning me why I was having trouble walking. She eventually saw the burn on my knees and…well…it was over. She screamed at me until she was blue in the face then locked me in my room. She actually put sutras on my window so InuYasha can't get in. We argued nearly all night, it was the first time I think I've ever screamed at my mother and meant it.”
 
Rin kicked her ankles and crinkled her nose, “that sucks. Have you two made up?”
 
Kagome rolled her eyes and picked at the carpet, “not really…we're on decent terms but neither of us are really happy with the other. She won't give me a second to myself. If I'm out of my room, I have to be in the company of someone else, or I have to be in the bathroom. I swear, I can't wait for tomorrow so I can at least sleep with InuYasha in my room.”
 
Rin raised an eyebrow then nodded, “oh, new moon… he's human.” Letting that sit for a moment, Rin added suddenly, “but what happens when he's back to hanyou in the morning. How does he get out? And on that…why don't you simply remove the sutras?”
 
Kagome sighed, “I've tried but she did something…I can't figure it out. I've been trying to harness my powers to rid the window of them, I've been trying to peel them off…I just can't do it.” She thought for a moment then turned to Sango, “do you think Miroku could? He's from a line of monks, isn't he?”
 
Sango forced out a loud laugh that sounded similar to a scoff. “Miroku has about as much spiritual power as you do virginity.”
 
Rin laughed lightly, “Sorry…I know it's not funny…but it's just so helpless that you have to laugh.”
 
“She won't even let me stay over at either of your places.”
 
Sango added quietly, “Because she knows you won't be at our place. And Inu lives with Rin…so she is being smart.”
 
Kagome raised an eyebrow and regarded the girl for a moment. Anger began to dye her brown eyes darker as she felt her lips fall into a thin line. “She isn't being smart, she's being a bitch. She's convinced I'll screw up my life! How can I…it's not like I'm going to get myself pregnant! She's being completely unreasonable!”
 
Sango interjected, “No, if she was being a bitch, she wouldn't let us be here now. And pregnant or not, you shouldn't get used to the lifestyle you have with InuYasha.”
 
Kagome stretched her arms out and sighed again, blowing off Sango's last comment. “She just wants to seem like a decent mom. I'm sure if she had it her way, I wouldn't be able to talk to anyone period.”
 
Rin thought for a moment then added, “but she lets you have your cell phone?”
 
Kagome nodded, “yeah…”
 
Sango picked up where Rin left off, “and she lets you call him?”
 
Kagome sighed, “yes, but it isn't the same.”
 
Sango laughed sardonically, “Can't say I blame her, Kags. Sorry, but I wouldn't want my seventeen year old daughter sleeping in some guys bed.”
 
Kagome narrowed her eyes, seemingly a sudden toxic venom was added to her voice; “look at the pot calling the kettle black. How would you like it Sango, if someone came into your life and told you Miroku had to move back home?”
 
Sango chewed on her tongue for a moment before replying coolly, “I would respect them if they put food on my plate and a roof over my head.”
 
Rin grit her teeth and held up a hand. “Guys…can we not do this?”
 
Kagome ignored Rin. “Oh, bullshit Sango! You know damn well you'd tell them to fuck off. My mom was gone for like three years and now suddenly wants to control my life!”
 
Sango shook her head, “It's not controlling your life, and it's helping to guide you to make smart decisions. Ones that you probably need help making.”
 
“Guys…”
 
“You really think that?”
 
Sango met Kagome's hard stare then replied, “Kagome, you've…changed.”
 
Kagome slumped her shoulders and shook her head slowly. Running a hand down her ponytail, she quietly quipped, “Are we really going to have this conversation again, Sango?”
 
Sango shrugged and stood up. “You're my best friend, so I'll always have your back on everything you do. I'll always stand up for you, just so you know that. But I just don't agree with how frivolous you and InuYasha are together. Kagome…you're acting like a whore. Sorry, the truth hurts, but you are.”
 
Kagome stared at her friend, completely knocked off kilter that she had reverted back to this discussion. It had been nearly three months since this conversation had occurred last time yet the wounds were still fresh. Tears gathered in her eyes as she slowly shook her head at her friend. “I can't believe you! I can't believe you still think that! I'm not!”
 
Sango clenched her fists at her sides and began to yell back, “Kagome, get real! You're right, a whore sleeps around but you are setting yourself up to be hurt. All you do with this boy is put out. I know you two love each other but damnit, Kagome…use you're brain! He tells you to bend over and you grab your ankles to give him access!”
 
Kagome retreated a step away from her friend and swallowed hard. She turned pleading eyes to Rin. “It's not like that! Damnit, Sango, stop judging my relationship! I thought we cleared this up! It's not…”
 
Sango shot back, “it is Kagome! All I hear from you is about you two having sex or about him wanting to fuck you.” She took a step towards her friend, knowing that either she was going to break ground and maybe move Kagome to realize what was missing or lose her best friend. It was a dangerous game of Russian roulette. “When was the last time he made love to you?”
 
Kagome rolled her eyes. “When was the last time? We…went at it…yesterday between lunch and chorus in the girl's bathroom…why?”
 
Sango shook her head, “No, Kag…you're missing my point. When was the last time he made love…love, Kagome; not fuck, not screw, not go at it…when did he last make love to you?”
 
Kagome took a long glower at Rin, who was trying to become part of the wall at the moment then scoffed. “That's just another term for it, Sango! Having sex, fucking, making love…it's all the same.” She shook her head and scratched her neck, “we don't always have sex when we're together, it just sometimes happens that way. We don't need to have sex to have a relationship anyway! Look at Rin and Sessh, I envy what they have, and they are happy as can be but they don't…that is…” She threw Rin an apologetic glance then shook her head, trailing off in the middle of the sentence.
 
Sango sighed dejectedly and waved her hand. “Whatever…look, do what you want…I'm just not happy that you realize what it is exactly that you are doing…and what you're saying about yourself.”
 
Kagome pounded her fist against the wall and yelled, “damn you and your want for reputation. I don't give a damn anymore about what people say! To hell with them; they don't know what happens between me and InuYasha…they don't know how we feel!”
 
Sango growled and screwed her eyes shut. Holding up a hand, she pressed on, “damnit Kags, everyone knows what goes on between you and Yash because you guys advertise it on your foreheads. When you two aren't in class, everyone knows where you are, even the teacher. When you two disappear at lunch, walking out of the lunchroom together, everyone whispers and laughs. You've allowed yourself to become a joke, Kagome. This is worse then how it was when everyone thought you were Kikyo…because this time they're right.”
 
Rin's mouth dropped open as she watched tears gather in Kagome's eyes. Sango abruptly grabbed her coat and walked for the door. Rin stomped her foot once, gaining the attention of both girls in the room. Jumping to her feet, she moved into action. She was sick of riding backseat to everything happening and it was time she exerted some backbone. “Look…I'm sick of this happening. We get together and all we do anymore is argue! It's all we do! We act like crabs, trying to pull the other down with gossip or insinuations.” She turned and regarded Sango. “You're saying that Kagome's behavior is whorish. Well, I can say the same about you, Sango. You aren't all that pristine either; I've heard enough rumors about you and Miroku in the ROTC room and his car to fill just as many as I've heard about Kagome. You should consider your own actions before disrespecting Kagome like that. I know you're trying to protect her but if she's happy, then leave her alone!” Rin turned to her wide-eyed and nearly hysterical friend. “And I agree that you and Yash are very…very…err…affectionate with each other, and sometimes yes, it does seem rather whorish, but you're not with anyone else but Yash so it's a little different. I think you two need to lay off the public stuff and save it for when you get alone time, but I understand you don't get much of that so…” She stood up and wrapped her arm around Kagome's shoulders. “You're my best friend and I wouldn't be here if it weren't for you…Sango, you're like a sister to me…” she wrapped her arm around Sango's shoulders and pulled them together, removing herself from the middle. “Now make up before I kick your asses! Because you know I can!”
 
Sango rubbed her eyes and slowly nodded, “she's right…but Kagome, you got to understand, I'm just worried about you. I don't want to see you hurt!”
 
Kagome wiped tears from her cheeks and sniffed. “I understand that Sango, but I've told you once, so I'm asking you as a friend one more time, stay out of mine and InuYasha's relationship. If you don't approve, just stay quiet. I'm sick of people telling me that he doesn't love me, or that he's using me. He would never hurt me!”
 
Sango grabbed Kagome's arm and looked her dead in the eyes. “I'm not saying that…I'm not saying that at all! I know he loves you and that he'd sooner chew off his own arm then use you. I just want you to realize that you two do these things but it isn't…” she held up a hand, letting her sentence stop dead. “You want to know what…never mind. I'll take your advice and stay out of it.
 
Kagome gave her an appreciative smile and sighed lightly. “I know you're worried…and I'm sorry you feel that way…but I love him, Sango…and I always will. And I know that it may seem at points like our relationship is strictly sexual but it's more then that, I swear. There is so much that no one sees…but I do, and that is all that matters in the end of the night, right?”
 
Sango reached out and pulled Kagome into a hug. The other girl returned just as fiercely. Sango closed her eyes and muttered, “I'm sorry Kaggie…I really am. I'm only trying to protect you!”
 
Kagome nodded and hugged Sango tighter. “I know and I love you! I don't want to fight especially over boys.”
 
Both girls were thrown off weight when Rin barreled into them. Wrapping her arms around the two girls, she laughed as they crashed to the floor. It took a moment for the laughter in the room to stop but when it did, all three girls sat up, wiping their eyes in a fit of giggles. Rin stood up first and glanced around. “Let's watch a movie…that should be fun.”
 
Kagome crossed her arms and wiped her nose before glancing back at her friends. “Wait a moment, I still have a few questions for my friends.”
 
Sango glanced nervously at Rin, suddenly disliking the spotlight as it turned towards her. “What would those questions be?”
 
Kagome sat down on her bed and crossed her ankles. “Any weddings in the near future?” Her eyes drilled into Sango's. “Because someone has been and I have a feeling, will always be, sketchy about the details of her relationship.”
 
Sango laughed and rubbed her head. “No, no weddings in the future. We've talked about it, since living with him and having Kohaku around is like a family already, but we both want to wait until we're completely done with school. College and all…but we will still live together.”
 
Kagome nodded, a small smile gracing her lips. “I'm not looking forward to having to wait five years for this wedding but I understand. It's smart.”
 
Sango turned her eyes to Rin, “Something tells me that if someone will be getting married right out of high school, it's our couple over there.”
 
Rin glanced around her then back at her friends. Placing her pinky in her mouth, she batted her eyes and turned up the innocent little girl routine. “Who…me?”
 
Kagome laughed and shoved her friend off the bed. “No, the other one.”
 
Sango laughed and helped Rin to her feet. “Come on, spill it. He already bought you a one and a half carat necklace. What about the two carat ring?”
 
Rin laughed nervously, looking towards the ceiling rather then her friends. “We…have talked some of it. I mean…we've been together for like four months but we know that we want to be together. It's something you know…and I know you both know what I'm talking about. He…doesn't really want me talking about it yet…but we've talked some about going to the states after graduating.”
 
Sango sat up and glowered at her friend, “are you serious? You are gonna move to America?”
 
Rin shrugged, “Sessh says that his father left a law firm in New York that Sessh is really considering dabbling in.”
 
Kagome fidgeted in her seat, unwilling to meet Rin's eyes. “You'd move…just like that…if he left?”
 
Rin sobered and put her hand to her head. “Kag…he's all I really have left. I'd follow him to the ends of the earth, like how you'd do for Miroku, Sango…and how you would Inu.”
 
Sango smiled softly, “I know what you mean. I think I'd move for Miro without question. It would be hard to get Kohaku to go with me, but I think he would. The states, huh…that's pretty exciting!”
 
Kagome nodded but remained silent.
 
Sango sighed and reached over to grab a DVD from Kagome's bed. “Now that that's settled, whose up for some classic `Ringu'?”
 
~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
Kagome brushed in the blonde highlights to her hair as Rin covered her face with makeup. The rest of the cast whirled around the two teens scattering to make last minute alterations to their clothes or attitude. Hojo, who had been cast as one of the T-birds, was throwing up in the bathroom; one of the girls was crying…it was chaos. The curtain call was in fifteen minutes and everything seemed like it was never going to come together. Rin pulled a curler from her hair and frowned as the black silk fell into another bologna curl. Miroku passed by the two girls and paused, his eyes dancing over both beauties through the mirror they sat before. “Wow…you two clean up nice!”
 
Rin turned and threatened to hurl a brush at the boy. “Shut up, Miroku! I'll tell Sango that you're hitting on us!” she pinched the bridge of her nose and waved at the offhanded compliment. “Sorry…it's the stress…”
 
Miroku blinked twice then grinned as he took a step towards Rin. “But Rin…we are, after all, a couple for tonight!” His grin widened as the girl paled at the thought. Miroku shook his head, his hair nearly shining with how much hair spray they had to use to make it spiky. He was wearing a pair of ripped and loose carpenter jeans and a white undershirt. Over it he had the traditional T-Bird black leather jacket. They had put a decent amount of makeup around his eyes to make it seem as though he had bags under his eyes. Glancing side to side, the boy narrowed his eyes, “Where's Kouga?”
 
Rin licked her lips, biting down her smile, then looked towards the bathroom. “Kenchi-sensai gave him two minutes before he has to work Yash into the outfit. Yash is in makeup right now. He's been in there for almost thirty minutes.”
 
Miroku grinned wildly and shook his head, “it figures. I would love to know just how you did it, Kagome.”
 
Kagome shrugged nonchalantly. “Honestly, I didn't do anything.” She turned her eyes to Miroku, “and I don't know why you would ever think otherwise.”
 
“Bull, you had to convince him somehow to participate. Three months ago he would have swallowed lead sooner.”
 
Kagome smoothed out her skirt and took one more look in the mirror, making sure the pink scarf around her neck was tight. “That was before he got me seriously grounded for two months. He kind of owed me.”
 
Miroku glanced back at the bathroom, his eyebrows furrowing. “It is just coincidence that Kouga's sick, right?”
 
Rin and Kagome looked at each other, both choking on a smirk. “Maybe…” Rin began as she slowly sauntered towards the bathroom. She tapped twice on the door and drizzled her voice in concern. “Kouga-kun…how are you holding up?”
 
A nearly frantic voice responded, “…just don't come in here! Damnit…what the hell did I eat?”
 
Bankotsu chose that moment to pass by, flipping an empty soda bottle in his hand. With dramatic poise, he paused and shot the soda bottle into the garbage can. He leaned towards Rin and muttered; “think he'll learn from leaving his drinks on the table and walking away?” He winked once then took to the ladder to head for the catwalk.
 
Kagome chewed on her bottom lip then shook her head. “All right guys…we got to do this.”
 
Arms wrapped around from behind her and she jumped. “You owe me…so much for this Princess.”
 
Kagome glanced over her shoulder, her eyes widening and her jaw dropped. “Oh. My. God!”
 
InuYasha grinned and turned in a circle, enjoying the way her eyes were dancing over his body. He had somehow managed to slip into a pair of jeans tight enough to be considered a second skin. He donned his usual white wife beater with a midnight black leather coat on over it. Kagome had nearly forgotten that the sun had set until she saw his hair. His monthly obsidian black locks were tied tightly to the back of his head in a knot and his bangs were greased back. He had a half smoked cigarette hanging out the corner of his mouth and the cockiest glimmer in his eyes. Leaning forward, he gibed, “and you thought I couldn't pull it off.”
 
Rin looked over the hanyou, her eyes wide. “Holy hell…you look the part. Wow…talk about weird!”
 
Miroku chuckled and slapped his friend on the back. “Hoorah?”
 
InuYasha nodded, fisting the air and shouted, “Hoorah!” He wrapped his arms around Kagome's waist and sealed his lips against hers. The kiss was heated but went nowhere. InuYasha pulled away and wiped the red lipstick that had transferred to his lips off on the back of his hand then walked towards the stage. Pausing at the entrance, he glanced at Kagome, who was flanking his left. “I'm still serious, you owe me.”
 
Kagome glanced at the boy and smiled dangerously, still slightly light headed from the kiss. Somehow the boy still managed to make her feel like she was floating when he kissed her. “I think we're even.”
 
Rin watched the two and smiled. Glancing through the side curtain, she could see Sango, Ryen, Kagome's mom, Souta, Kohaku and Sesshoumaru sitting in the front row. Sesshoumaru's eyes locked onto hers and she blew him a kiss before returning back. She looked to Kagome and her smile brightened, as she sang quietly in a childish manner, “Sesshy loves me.”
 
Kagome laughed and took a deep breath. “You guys ready for this?”
 
Miroku chuckled, “after everything we've been through…this is child's play.”
 
Rin slowly nodded, “abso-fuckin-lutely.”
 
And the curtain rose.
 
~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
 
Kagome hung around InuYasha's neck, her legs dangling behind her as they walked through the parking lot. “We all need to go out!”
 
Rin skipped ahead of the group, spinning in wide circles. “I agree…let's go to Wacdonalds!”
 
Sesshoumaru rolled his eyes and moved ahead of the group. Grabbing the girl by her waist, he threw her over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes. “I think that is probably the worst choice. I would sooner eat at a diner.”
 
Miroku wrapped his arm over Sango's shoulders and kissed her cheek. “I would actually prefer to return home.”
 
InuYasha glanced back past Kagome and scowled. “Oh come on, Kenickie! The nights young…and besides, you and Sango can…Oomph!” Kagome's elbow dug into his side to stop his mind from turning hentai.
 
Miroku flushed and glanced around nervously. “Hey…where's Bankotsu?”
 
InuYasha nodded towards Miroku's car. “He said he'd meet us here, had something to take care of he said.”
 
Rin's eyes widened as a giggle spilt into the night air. “Oh my gosh…”
 
All eyes instantly trained on the girl. InuYasha was the first to speak, “did you really just say `oh my gosh?'”
 
Rin flung her hand a few times at InuYasha and laughed, “Kouga! We left Kouga in the bathroom!”
 
Miroku shifted his weight before confessing, “Kouga…got out of the bathroom. Apparently, the dosage of laxative in his lunch wasn't enough to keep him going all night.”
 
Kagome's mouth fell open as she spun around to face Miroku. “What happened then?”
 
InuYasha and Miroku exchanged glances. “Err…well…that is to say…”
 
InuYasha shoved the boy playfully then looked back to Kagome. “Let's just say that Bankotsu realized the shit head was trying to get out of the bathroom and headed him off before he could get to Kenchi.”
 
Sango laughed and shook her head. “So what did one asshole say to the other?”
 
Miroku rubbed the back of his head. “Well…let's say that Kouga spent the rest of the show up on the catwalk…with Bankotsu…kind of tied up and…err…helping out.”
 
Rin raised an eyebrow. “That sounds so wrong.” she rubbed her chin and glanced to Sesshoumaru, struggling to keep a straight face. “I never got that vibe from Bankotsu…”
InuYasha rolled his eyes. “It's not like that. Get your mind out of the gutter Rin. Bankotsu managed to knock that mangy wolf out as he left the bathroom and dragged him to the catwalk and used him as the weight to the giant light in act three. Kouga couldn't move without being dragged over the side of the walk by the weight distribution.”
 
Kagome laughed loudly, “Bank is evil…I'm serious!”
 
InuYasha chuckled, “no, just a genius.”
Sesshoumaru simply shook his head. “Actually he's an idiot. He left Kouga up there, didn't he?”
 
InuYasha and Miroku both nodded, “yes…yes he did.”
 
The group broke into a fit of laughter and continued the march through the parking lot. Rin added after a moment, “so…are we going out to celebrate?”
 
Kagome slid off InuYasha's back and held up a hand. “Hold on…I'll let you know.” Turning, she ran to the back of the group where her mother was slowly walking with Ryen. She stopped short and smiled at her mom, pleading silently. “Mom…can we go out to a diner? I promise I'll come straight home!”
 
Kauai grimaced and looked at her wrist. “Kagome…it's almost ten…”
 
“But we don't have school tomorrow!”
 
Exchanging a glance with Ryen, her mother continued, “I don't know…”
 
“Mom…please?”
 
Ryen sighed and ran a hand through his now short-cropped hair. His silver locks now hung about halfway down his ear. “If she was to be home by midnight…”
 
Kauai gave the demon an incredulous stare then sighed and turned back to her daughter. “I want you home no later then midnight. If you're a minute late, I swear you will not be at that cast party Sunday night!”
 
Kagome squealed and hugged her mother then Ryen. “Thank you, thank you, thank you!” she kissed her mother's cheek then ran towards Miroku's Ferrari. “Let's go get some food and celebrate.”
 
Sesshoumaru glanced down at Rin, who was currently yawning. “Do you wish to go?”
 
A nod was his reply.
 
“Are you sure you're not to tired? You seem beat.”
 
“No, I really want to go!” there was a pregnant pause. “You'll come, right?”
 
The silence was awkward until the Youkai gave in. The two decided to take Rin's car to the Hibachi down town and the other four piled into Miroku's car. Kauai and Ryen watched them leave before beginning to walk for the shrine themselves. Souta and Kohaku had run ahead, both eager to get back to the game of Halo they had been playing. Ryen pulled his coat off his shoulders and placed it over Kauai's shoulders.
 
“It's cold…you really should have worn more.”
 
A gracious blush danced across the older woman's cheeks. “I'm capable of dressing myself, thank you Soryeenans.”
 
Ryen flinched and grimaced at the woman. The only time she broke out the full name treatment was when he fucked up big time. “Ouch…what did I do?”
 
Kauai stared at the demon from the corner of her eyes. “You know I've been struggling to keep Kagome in line for these past four months. Letting her go out for even two hours wasn't something I was really ready to do. But If I went against you, I'd be the bad guy.”
 
“Oh…that game. Right. I…uhh…I'm sorry?”
 
“It's not a game Ryen! It's me trying to teach my daughter some respect.”
 
Ryen lifted his golden eyes to stare up into the sky. “Respect for whom?”
 
Kauai stopped walking and turned towards the demon, slowly placing her hands on her hips. “Respect for whom? Me, for starters…herself…her body…”
 
Ryen smiled softly and shook his head. “Kauai…she's seventeen…”
 
Kauai held out a hand. “I'm done with you telling me to just let them be. Ryen…you saw as well as I did the bruising on her knees and her hands…”
 
Ryen held back his comment for the fear of being smacked. Rocking on his heels, he simply shrugged. Though Kagome had never admitted the reasons for the marks, it was well obvious just how she had gotten them. Though Ryen hadn't agreed with how severely Kauai had punished the girl, he had wisely kept out of it.
 
“Ryen, I know it seems harsh, but what I'm doing is for her own good. She's starting to come around.”
 
Ryen pursed his lips before blurting out, “Kauai, the only thing that's going to come of this is her resenting you.”
 
Kauai shook her head. “No, she's starting to understand. She has been more pleasant, she's getting into less trouble at school, and her grades are improving. She's starting to get back on track.”
 
“And you attribute that to her not being around my nephew?”
 
Kauai shrugged. “I attribute that to her actually paying attention to the important things in life. Like her future.”
 
“You know as well as I do that her future is secured with Yash. He's basically a billionaire. Besides, I think you to easily overlook the fact that she was nearly raped twice by a psychotic bastard who was raping her best friend and trying to kill the lot of `em.”
 
“I'm not overlooking Naraku's influence, Ryen. But I refuse to let her use that as an excuse. I want her to still make something for herself though. God forbid those two don't last…what would she do then? If they break up in three years before marrying…what does she has?”
 
Ryen shook his head. “They won't break up. They love each other to much.”
“Things fall apart, Ryen. Things always fall…apart.”
 
Both adults stopped walking and one looked to the sky while the other to the ground. Two sighs filled the night air before the deeper voice of the two responded, “Kauai, I know it seems like...well…shit, lately. I know I've been busy with rebuilding the precinct for the area…but it doesn't mean…I…” he paused and lifted his eyes to meet hers. “I still do want to try. By the Gods, I want to make this right again.”
 
Kauai swallowed hard, her heart beginning to beat faster in her chest. “I…I was speaking about my daughter's relationship…”
 
Ryen's smile touched his eyes. “I know you were…and I was talking about ours.”
 
Kauai smiled, lowered her eyes then looked back at him. A laugh bubbled out of her chest and she slowly began to walk again. “Goodnight, officer Taisho.”
 
Ryen narrowed his eyes and broke into a sprint to catch up to her. “You cannot possibly think that I'll seriously let you walk home alone, do you?”
 
Kauai smile never left her face. “I suppose not.”
 
Ryen nodded and captured her hand in his. “Then I shall walk you home, m' lady.”
 
The rest of the walk was in a comfortable silence that spoke in volumes of their past…their present…and of their future.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
InuYasha walked Kagome up to her door, five minutes before her curfew with a scowl drawn across his face. He glanced at his watch then at ravenous beauty in front of him. Finally he relented and dragged a hand through her loose locks of hair. “I like the blonde…it's different.”
 
Kagome smiled softly and looked to the ground. “You think? I'll agree…it's different but it's not me.”
 
InuYasha lifted his eyebrows but remained silent. He pulled his hand from her hair then traced her chin. “I miss you at night. I roll over and look for you almost every hour. I'm actually really losing sleep over it.” He smirked and ran a hand through his black hair. “I'm being sleep deprived by your mother. Think that she'll feel bad enough to change the rule if I told her that?”
 
Kagome glanced at InuYasha and shook her head laughing, “I don't think she'd care.”
 
InuYasha's face fell and he pouted while shoving his hands into his jean pockets. “Well…it was worth a shot. There goes me thinking your mom liked me.”
 
Kagome laughed and leaned into the boy's chest. His arms instantly wound around her. Pressing her hear against his heart, she sighed, “I really wish we could stay like this.”
 
InuYasha pressed his cheek against the top of her head and lethargically nodded. “Me too baby…me too.”
 
A car horn interrupted the peaceful moment and sent InuYasha into a fit of profanity. Turning around, he held up his middle finger high for the occupants of Rin's Porsche to see. He turned back to Kagome and tilted her head up by her chin. “I'll see you tomorrow morning?”
 
Kagome nodded. “Mom said she'll take me over to your place and we can practice some there, then she'll drive us to the performance.” She stood on her tiptoes and kissed him lightly on his right cheek. “Thank you, InuYasha…for everything.”
 
InuYasha narrowed his eyes, “I'm not happy at the thought of having to dye my hair tomorrow. Not happy at all.”
 
Kagome chewed on her top lip to keep from smiling. “Well…we'll worry about that tomorrow. Maybe we'll just dye your bangs since they are so long and use them to cover your hair.” She leaned a little closer and confessed, “I do love your silver hair, but the black looks just as sexy.”
 
InuYasha met her stare. “You want to come back to my room and say that?”
 
Kagome laughed and kissed him on the lips. “I love you.”
 
InuYasha returned the affection and placed his hand on the back of her head. Pulling her closer, he slipped his tongue into her mouth.
 
After a moment, she pulled back and placed her hand on his chest. “I'll see you tomorrow, baby…”
 
InuYasha nodded then moved to open the door for her. To their surprise, the door opened from the inside and Ryen nearly collided with the girl. InuYasha pulled her to the side just in time and barked at the demon, “can you use your senses and watch where they hell your going, old man?”
 
Ryen glanced at the boy then roughly tussled his hair and nearly hopped down the two steps. Both Kagome and InuYasha exchanged glances before shrugging it off. Kagome took a step inside the house and glanced around. InuYasha stuck his head in behind her and gave a sharp tug to her ponytail. Kagome turned, ready to give him hell, when he stole a quick kiss and glanced around. His eyes widened as he muttered, “ask your mom where Souta and Kohaku are…you might find this interesting.” The sadistic glint that was working its way into his eyes was something Kagome quickly decided not to question.
 
Kagome raised an eyebrow but shook it off. “Whatever. I'll see you tomorrow.”
 
InuYasha closed the door behind him before whirling around on the older demon. Ryen had his hands jammed into his coat pockets, staring up at the sky, and a smile worth a million dollars drawn across his face. InuYasha licked his lips and jumped off the porch steps and slowly sauntered towards the demon, one finger pointing towards the man's chest. “You…you…jerk! I can't believe…” he shook his head and snickered. “You dirty old bastard, I don't believe…” he let his mouth fall open, at a loss for words, then quickly asked, “what the hell did you two do with Souta and Kohaku to get that kind of time?”
 
Ryen studied the sky for a moment longer before answering without looking away, “it's amazing how fast fifteen year old boys will abandon a house for twenty bucks. I think they went to the arcade on fiftieth. I offered it and they ran.”
 
InuYasha gawked. “And you say I'm bad? I'm not the one bribing minors to get the hell out of the house so I can fuck Kagome!”
 
Ryen turned his head and responded coolly, “No, you would fuck her in front of them. Don't get me started on you because you know I can go for days with the shit you've pulled that Kagome's mother doesn't know! Get off my ass!”
 
InuYasha looked as if he was going to push the matter but then declined. He shook his head and laughed. “That's so…wrong. I really, really don't want to think about you and her mom! Its just…ugh.” He shivered then yelped as Ryen shoved him playfully.
 
Ryen pushed past the kid, not being able to help the skip in his step. InuYasha trotted up on the other side of him, walking with him without looking away from his face, laughter bubbling below the surface. Finally Ryen paused and turned very slowly to glower at the boy. “Look kid, I'm in a real good mood for the first time in months, and I swear to the Kami's, you break it and I'll break you!”
 
InuYasha pursed his lips then threw caution to the wind. “Well…it wouldn't be the only thing you broke tonight…”
 
Ryen's eyes widened as he lashed out to smack the boy across the back of his head. “You don't have any demon senses…how are you even sure that we…”
 
InuYasha's grin widened, “I know a `I just had sex and it was great' smile when I see one. And you're is even worse because it's a `I haven't had sex in five hundred years so…'
 
Ryen shoved the boy lightly, laughing as he nearly fell over at the force of the impact. `Oh, how frail he is as a human…'. He beckoned to InuYasha to approach. “you want to fight, punk?” the teasing tone in his voice colored his words. “Just bring it, I'll wipe the floor with you!”
 
InuYasha laughed at the man. “You want your cane, old man? Keep that action up and you might break your hip! I mean…I guess Viagra really does…oh shit!” InuYasha barely avoided the swing that Ryen took at him then made a dash for the car. Just shy of leaping through the door, he collided with Bankotsu in the back seat and screamed, “damnit, drive!”
 
Sesshoumaru smirked and put the car into park. He turned to look at Ryen who was walking towards the car then back at his brother. “Something to say to our uncle before kills you?”
 
InuYasha turned wide eyes to his best friend and pleaded, “Bank…do something!”
 
Bankotsu sat back, jollity shining in his eyes. “This is to great! You're gonna get your ass kicked as a human! I wonder if he'll kill you…”
 
Ryen reached the side of the car, reached through the window, wrapped one hand around the hanyou's ponytail and yanked his head back. Glaring down into his nephew, he opened his mouth to yell, then just jostled his head and laughed. Shoving the boy back towards Bankotsu, Ryen walked away from the car.
 
Rin leaned out of her door and yelled, “don't you want a ride home?”
 
Ryen turned back and smiled at the girl. “Nah, walking is faster for me. You guys have fun.”
 
As darkness engulfed the figure of their uncle, Sesshoumaru put the car in drive. Glancing in the rear view mirror at InuYasha, he asked, “Do you plan on telling me what that was all about?”
 
InuYasha smirked, “you know damn well what that was about.”
 
Rin glanced from Sesshoumaru to InuYasha. “Well…fuck, someone clue me in!
Bankotsu studied the two boy's faces then turned to Rin. “Seems to me that your favorite uncle got some.”
 
Rin spun around in the seat, her mouth agape and stared at InuYasha. “Are you serious? With Kag's mom?”
 
InuYasha shrugged then laughed. “Yeah…yeah he did.”
 
Rin's mouth fell open into a playful gape then she screamed at the top of her lungs, “Go Ryen!”
 
Sesshoumaru reached over and swatted the girl once on her ass. “Sit down. The last thing I need is to watch you catapult over the windshield.”
 
Rin turned to the demon then leaned over the consol in the middle and planted a loud kiss on his cheek before dropping into her seat.
 
Bankotsu laughed and shook his head. “So, that leaves you without getting any pussy, Sesshoumaru. What are you going to do about that?”
 
Rin glowered over her shoulder at Bankotsu and quipped, “I don't think you've gotten laid in like what, a year, Bank? I don't think you have room to talk!”
 
Bankotsu put his hands behind his head and gave her a pout. “Oh, don't be like that baby. You know me and you were getting it on behind the school like a week ago. Are you really going to act as if that intimate moment didn't happen?”
 
Sesshoumaru reached behind him and swatted at the boy's head with his claws. Bankotsu easily evaded. “Watch your mouth, human. I could kill you without moving from this spot! You shall not speak of this Sesshoumaru's mate in such ways…”
 
Bankotsu opened his mouth then closed it. He glanced at InuYasha who shook his head and then let it slide.
 
Rin spared the stoic Youkai a glance then muttered, “That Sesshoumaru's mate, huh?” A smug smile curved onto her lips as she settled back into her seat. “This Rin can live with that.”
 
The car arrived back at the Taisho mansion just as the sky opened up. Snow began to flurry from the sky and gently coated the countryside. The entourage piled from the car, InuYasha and Bankotsu going straight for the house towards their XBOX game they had waiting and Sesshoumaru on their heels to get out of the cold. Rin paused in the middle of the driveway and stared up into the sky with a slight smile playing softly on her pale lips. She held out her hands and circled slowly, letting the snow settle on her hand. There was hardly enough coming down to cover the ground but against the midnight black sky, the white specks sparkled like crystals. She exhaled a long breath and smiled as she watched it smoke up into the sky.
 
Sesshoumaru turned on the steps and watched the girl become so captivated by the flakes. The glistening specks landed in her hair and shined like diamonds as the dim lights of the mansion reflected off of them. Her eyes were wide and sparkled with a childish joy. Sesshoumaru placed his hands into his pocket and watched as Rin spun in small circles, unable to keep the smile from his face. It was like watching a beautiful creature in its habitat, so tempting and so captivating; she was luring him into her, taking him deeper into her soul, and she hadn't a clue.
 
Rin laughed as a flake landed on her nose as she spun in another circle. Staring up at the pinkish gray clouds, she couldn't help the content look that dashed across her face. She had always loved watching the sky, watching the colors melt into each other, watching what came from the gods' fingertips. She loved staring at the stars, feeling as though if she could just reach high enough, she could capture on between her fingers. But snow…snow was her absolute favorite. The petals of water melted as they touched her skin, sending a trail of goose bumps riveting up her body.
 
Sesshoumaru couldn't sit idly by. As she closed her eyes and turned her face towards the heavens, he moved silently to stand behind her. One hand slipped around her waist while the other slid around her neck. Tilting her head back, Sesshoumaru pressed his lips lightly against hers. Rin jumped at first then melted like the tiny ice droplets into her lover. Their mouths clashed against in a heated fervor that could just melt the snow off of the two of them. Passion overtook the kiss and sparks ignited like fireworks. Sesshoumaru ran his hand down the front of her body, sliding it between the valley of her breasts and down the flat of her stomach. Resting his hand on her other hip, he pressed onward with the kiss, dabbling in the depths of her soul, tasting all she had to offer. As the tiny ice crystals coated the couple, they took no notice.
 
Rin reached up with one arm and ran it behind Sesshoumaru's head, gripping his ponytail with her hand. She turned her face from him slowly and arched back, her eyes slowly closing as a moan escaped her lips and was swallowed by the beautiful night sky.
 
Sesshoumaru trailed kisses around her jaw and then down her neck. Sucking lightly at the skin, he pulled her tighter against his back. His right hand danced back up her skin, gently massaging a trail up her torso. Her breathing pattern changed and became erratic, her chest began to slowly heave up and down as she arched her back against him, need and a wanton desire to partake in activities so restricted for so long slowly taking over her.
 
Sesshoumaru brought his mouth to her ear and huskily whispered after gently kissing the skin, “I can wait, Rin…don't force this.”
 
Rin turned on the demon, her eyes half lidded and her lips engorged from his attention. As the snow sparkled around her, Sesshoumaru was sure she was truly an angel in disguise. Her hands drifted to rest on his chest, her eyes burning with the same want; the same desire…the same love. “I want you, baby…more then anything in the world. Please…Sesshoumaru…”
 
Sesshoumaru needed no more assurance. Lifting the girl from the ground with one hand cupping her ass and the other her shoulders, he made a bee line for the house. Rin wrapped her legs around Sesshoumaru's waist and slowly began to grind her core against his hardening length. Her lips slammed against his, nearly blinding him from his path up the stairs.
 
Rin moved her hands up and down his chest, gently massaging the tight muscles that lingered just below the cloth. It was hard to believe this was happening, but everything felt so right. Never before had something seemed so prefect. Her hands dipped lower on his body to grab the hem of his shirt. Moving her body away from his, she ripped the material over his head and tossed it to the side. She leaned in and slowly began to kiss him lightly, letting her lips glide down his throat and over the hollow of his neck. She licked a path from his collarbone down to his breastbone before planting butterfly kisses over his warm skin. The touch burned her lips, poisoned her thoughts. Oh the thoughts that were dancing through her mind…they could easily put InuYasha to shame. She leaned down, as he rounded the top of the steps for their room, and took one of his nipples into her mouth. Sucking lightly at the nub, she could feel his cock harden beneath her and it exhilarated her. She pushed herself harder against his manhood as they came to a pause outside of the door. Sesshoumaru shoved her against the wall and ground his hips into hers, pulling her mouth away from his peck. He licked the side of her neck and ravaged her mouth with his tongue, the desire that had been kept dormant for nearly five months exploding around the two. Slowly, Sesshoumaru set Rin onto her feet and pulled away from the young girl, staring into her eyes. He laced both his hands into her hair and kissed her again passionately before putting one finger against her lips. “Wait…here…for two seconds.” With that he disappeared into the bedroom.
 
Rin closed her eyes, losing herself in the kiss. When he withdrew, her eyes were still closed, expecting more. His finger against her lips was like ice against a fire, she was nearly sure that the burning flesh of her lips sizzled on contact. His words floated through her ears like an enchanted lullaby, hardly registering in her brain. She hardly missed his absence as she brought her fingers to her lips, her eyelids half shut with the desire that was eating her alive. She felt the coil in her stomach tighten with each second, her heart beginning to beat against her chest. Then she was in his arms again, pressed tightly against his chest. His hands rested on her hips, guiding her to walk with him into his room. His mouth sought out hers and they walked blindly, to busy worshiping each other to really care where they moved.
 
As if functioning on radar, Sesshoumaru's back heel hit the bed and he turned slowly to press Rin against the mattress. She sat obediently then fell backwards at his gently nudging. Breaking the kiss for a moment, Rin took notice that about ten candles illuminated the room. The flames danced exotically against the darkness of the night, the amber light flickering on the walls like lava. Rin turned her attention back to her lover as tears pricked at the corners of her eyes.
 
Sesshoumaru dropped down to the mattress over Rin; landing on his hands then slowly lowered his mouth to kiss away the tear that slipped from her right eye. Instantly his eyes lit up in worry as he brought a hand to her cheek. “Rin…if you're not…”
 
Rin reached up quickly and pressed two fingers against his lips. Her eyes drilled into his, daring him to question her words. “No, Sesshoumaru…I've never been more ready in my life. It's just…” she closed her eyes as a smile broke upon her lips. Opening her eyes, they shined in the candle light with unshed tears. “I've never loved anyone more then I do you right now. You're everything to me, Sesshoumaru! I…I love you…so much!”
 
Sesshoumaru kissed her fingers and whispered, “And I you, Koi; and I you.”
 
Rin smiled then brought her fingers from his lips to trace his cheeks and his crests. Murmuring as her hands continued their exploration, she cooed, “So strong…so brave…” Her eyes darkened with an unquenched lust as her hands ran to his hair. With a gentle tug, she brought his mouth to hers and just about rendered the tai-youkai powerless. He moved to her will, touching her gently in ways that made her moan, that made her beg for more.
 
Sesshoumaru kissed her gently, his tongue bathing over her bottom lip before gently working its way into her mouth. His hands ran down her chest to the bottom of her shirt and gently tugged the material over her head. He stared down at the girl below him, the fire of the night bathing his eyes in fiery amber that danced across the ceiling. He cupped her breasts through her bra then traced lazy circles over the top swells. “You are so beautiful…” He brought his lips to one of her swells and kissed the mound lightly before moving to the other, “so beautiful.”
 
Rin arched against his mouth, her hands attaching to strands of his silvery mane. She moaned as his lips gently worked the muscle, barely noticing as his hands slipped under the straps to her bra and slid them off her arms. Wrapping one arm around her shoulders, he pulled her to him and lifted her from the mattress to sit up against him. His mouth attacked her neck, leaving gentle dark marks of his love. His other hand undid the clasp behind her back skillfully.
 
Rin gasped as her bra fell away from her body, her eyes flashing up to meet Sesshoumaru's. She had all intention to question just how he got so talented with one hand but with one glance into his eyes, she was intoxicated. His eyes…there were just something dancing in them, something that lingered just below the surface that was beckoning to Rin, calling to her, daring her to discover it. She brought her hands to his cheeks and kissed him.
 
Sesshoumaru guided them both back to the bed, then scooted her further up on the silk sheets. He kissed a path from her mouth to her chest. His tongue teased her breasts, wrapped around her nipple before capturing it in his mouth. He sucked at it lightly, refusing to rush this momentous occasion. His hand worked her other breast as his tongue continued the slow torture. Rin arched again against his mouth, her eyes shutting as a moan slipped from her lips.
 
Sesshoumaru released her breast and moved to the other to give it the same treatment. He continued his ministrations, gently caressing her and loving her until she saw stars.
 
Rin's grip on his hair tightened as she raised her head from the mattress to stare into her lover's eyes. “Please…Sesshoumaru…”
 
Sesshoumaru smiled then returned his mouth to her mounds to press a light kiss against each nipple, taking the time to blow lightly on the hardened bud. His then kissed his way down her chest and the flat of her stomach. His hands were a foot in front of him, already working at her jeans. Sesshoumaru popped the button and pulled down the zipper by time his mouth reached the top of her jeans. He licked around the waistband of her underwear, his hands slowly working the material over her hips to rid it of her body.
 
Rin moaned huskily as he slipped her clothes off her body, leaving her totally exposed to his hungry eyes.
 
Sesshoumaru lifted his eyes to meet hers with a near predatorily glint. He worked a hand between her thighs and pushed them apart. He kissed around her hips, letting his tongue lavish the pale flesh on her inner thighs. He pushed one finger against her folds, enjoying the way that she hissed at contact, the way her back arched and pushed her into his hand. He ran his finger gently over the folds, enjoying how wet she had become before letting his finger drift over her clit. The result was electric. Rin moaned loudly and thrashed once, her mouth falling open to a pleasure filled O. Sesshoumaru leaned down to licked up the juices that had gathered at her opening and she cried out. He teased her with his tongue, his finger so often flicking over her clit to excite the girl into a harder orgasm. He let one finger slip into her, enjoying the way that she jolted with each caress. Her eyes were focused on the top of his head, panting with a steady sweat building on her pale flesh; Sesshoumaru never saw anything so exotic in his life.
 
Rin groaned as Sesshoumaru pulled away, nearly in disappointment. The Youkai slid up to lay next to her on the bed and nearly instantly her hands flying to his jeans. He chuckled at her eagerness and kissed her cheek lightly before capturing her lips in his.
 
Rin could taste herself on his lips, on his tongue. She let her tongue dance with his before working his pants free of his body. She moved up and gently pushed him off of her then rolled so that she was between his knees. Bringing her hands to the elastic of his boxers, she smiled seductively at the boy. She gripped his cock through the thin cotton suddenly and gave him a light squeeze before sliding them down his hips. Rin kissed the shallow drop of his pelvic bone, and traced the bone with her tongue down to right above his crotch. She kissed him lightly then dropped her mouth to kiss along the inside of his leg. Next to her, his dick twitched with anticipation as her mouth drew near. Rin brought her mouth back up and breathed along the side of his cock, dragging the warm breeze all the way to the tip where he dripped with precum. She flicked her tongue out and licked the tip, savoring the drop as it hit her tongue. She then tilted her head and slowly took about four inches of his length into her mouth. She whirled her tongue around the muscle then dropped lower, taking in another two inches. Sucking gently, she fisted the remaining three inches, working in unison with her mouth's brutal actions.
 
Sesshoumaru reared his head back and groaned, enjoying all to well the feeling of his cock in her mouth. He could feel the tightening in his loins but had no intention of spilling into her mouth. No, tonight would last forever. His eyes shot open as Rin took in the rest of his length in probably the most skillful way he had ever seen. Breathing through her nose, all nine inches of his cock nestled against the back of her throat. Sesshoumaru's hands instantly fell into her hair, fearing that she would gag herself in trying to please him. To his astonishment, the girl slowly began to trace the length with her tongue, slowly bobbing her head back and forth, not removing an inch from her mouth at any given point. Sesshoumaru dropped his hands from her hair and fisted the blanket, his claws instantly digging holes through the material. He unconsciously bucked against her mouth and the girl gagged. His hands went to her shoulders and eased himself out gently as Rin recovered; yet she didn't stop. Though the pleasure was insurmountable to resist, he gently eased her off of his length.
 
Rin's gray eyes flashed up to meet his in confusion. His reassuring smile eased any of her worries as he gently lowered his lips to her forehead. Whispering gentle words, he lifted her and pulled her to rest next to him as he rolled over to tower over her. He dropped his lips to her mouth and murmured, “I could die against these lips.”
 
Rin closed her eyes and put her hands on his cheeks, “as I could yours.”
 
Sesshoumaru lined himself up with her entrance then gave the girl a small hesitant frown, “are you sure Rin?”
 
Rin opened her eyes and nodded, not trusting herself with the articulation of words.
 
Sesshoumaru eased himself forward, allowing a few inches to dip into her slowly, never forcing or rushing. The air seemed nearly stagnant, as if time itself had stopped for those few seconds. As if everything was watching, waiting to see just how well he would hold up as a lover, Sesshoumaru was sure not to disappoint. In the back of his mind, Sesshoumaru was half awaiting his brother…or his uncle's badly timed arrival. Yet the door was shut, locked and sealed…and it was just he and Rin. He grunted against her, dropping his head to rest against the side of hers. “So tight…gods baby…”
 
Rin arched her back then rolled her hips against his, the fire beginning to overpower her rational side. All she wanted was Sesshoumaru, this moment and a lifetime filled of `these' moments. As he entered her, Rin was sure that she saw stars. The candlelight flickered against his face; the amber of the light illuminating the amber of his stoic eyes filled with concentration. Rin reached up to stroke the markings on his cheeks as he slowly made her world crash in a mess of fiery passion around her. He stripped away all of her pain, all of her past experiences and rebuilt her in love, in warmth; she understood clear as day what it was like to be loved, to feel what it was like to make love.
 
Sesshoumaru moved with the roll of her hips and buried the length of his cock into her, pausing as her inner walls all but had a vice grip on him. He grunted, kissing her neck messily, whispering hushed apologies and professions of love.
 
Rin threw her head back, her eyes watering slightly at the pain of his width inside of her. But there was more then that; the tears were those of content, of happiness. She understood…by the gods, she could just about feel his emotions pouring from his skin into hers. Lowering her face, she took in the visage of her mate; he was sweating, his eyes glazed over with passion and pleasure, his mouth hanging slightly open and his hands clenched one on her hip the other on the bed next to her. She brought her lips to press lightly against his bottom one and insisted, “don't apologize, you did nothing wrong! I love you, Sesshoumaru! I love you so much!”
 
Sesshoumaru slowly began to move against her, sure that if he continued to sit inside of her, and she would successfully milk him of his seed. His thrusts were light, his eyes never once leaving hers.
 
Rin reached up and wrapped her two arms around his shoulders, burying her face in the crook of his neck. She moaned into his ear, as his hips would press against hers, his cock teasing her back wall. She could feel that spring about to pop and flood them both with relief. Her nails bit into his skin as he picked up his pace. Her eyes met his and she gave him a short nod and a warm smile.
 
Sesshoumaru rocked against her, loving the way she melted around him. The wetness inside of her was almost too much to take. Yet this wasn't about getting off, it wasn't about the orgasm at the end; it was about showing Rin that this act, that making love, was something beautiful. With so much dark and hurt that had plagued her mind about this experience, he wanted her to see just how wonderful it could be. And see she did. With every thrust, with every moan, the unvoiced words of `I love you' followed. And as the snow fell, the two pledged their undying love to one another, they found peace in each other's arms…peace neither thought they would ever see. Yet together it was as beautiful as the snow, as innocent and pure as the white powder that coated their backyard and dusted their roads. Everything sparkled in their eyes, everything shined…everything was perfect.
 
With three harder thrusts, Rin dug her nails deeper into his shoulders and exploded in a near gushing orgasm. Rin's scream bellowed into the night and through the still of the house and Sesshoumaru followed in suit a moment, coating her insides with his fluid. In one motion, he wrapped his arm around Rin and flipped them around, capturing her on his chest as she tried to calm down from the natural high. He kissed her forehead and embraced her, almost as if fearing she would vanish if he let go.
 
Rin's eyes glazed over as she slowly looked up at Sesshoumaru. The smile that graced her lips was understanding, loving, patient and sexy as all get out. She moaned as his cock twitched inside of her, a wider smile breaking on her lips. She nuzzled against his naked flesh and muttered, “So…no one interrupted, huh? I guess it was worth it.”
 
Sesshoumaru raised an eyebrow, “you guess it was worth it? You guess?” he poked her in her side, forcing her to squirm.
 
A loud moan erupted from her lips as her insides burned against the sudden movement, reminding her that they were still joint at the hips. She shook once, then again, as her heartbeat tried to return to normal. “I love you…so much.”
 
Sesshoumaru kissed her forehead, his lips telling her just what she meant to him, and slowly pulled himself from her. He kissed her again then ran his finger over her lips.
 
Rin turned to straddle his hips and gave him a wink before slowly moving down his body, letting her fingers and lips mark her path. She took his limp cock in one hand, and to his utter astonishment, gently placed her mouth over it.
 
Sesshoumaru had to struggle from ripping holes into the mattress itself. His Rin was…was… he shook his head, completely unable to grasp just what it was she was doing, yet it felt damn good. Her tongue curved along his member, sucking any remaining cum from the tip of his cock before licking off the coating of their juices. She felt Sesshoumaru twitching back to life below her and she could only smile at the prospective ideas. Pulling away from his cleaned length, she sat up and smiled at him Sesshoumaru instantly wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her against his chest, and slammed his lips over hers.
 
Rin indulged the Tai Youkai for a moment before pulling back. The burning between her legs was something fierce and wasn't subsiding. She slid from the bed, to the bewilderment of Sesshoumaru, and flashed the Youkai a smile. “I'll be right back…”
 
Sesshoumaru sat up, his naked chest shining in the candlelight. “Are you okay?”
 
Rin glanced over her shoulder as she slipped into one of his oversized shirts. “Yeah…I just need to use the bathroom.” She smiled softly at the sudden glower on her lovers face and blushed. “It's nothing like that, Sesshoumaru. I'm fine, honest…I just need to pee.”
 
Sesshoumaru looked her over then nodded, loving the way that the shirt rode up on her hips just slightly. He watched her ass swing side to side as she walked from the room, the hentai smile never leaving his lips until she shut the door. As soon as she was out of the room, he got to work.
 
Rin did her business in the bathroom then glanced into the mirror. Her face was pale, ashen even and her lips engorged. Very small bruises lined the one side of her neck from Sesshoumaru's relentless…affection…. Her fingers darted to the marks and she smiled, her entire body shifting to relax on her right hip. She had never been in a situation like that, taking it slow, taking the time like that. It was something else, something she couldn't describe out of the realm of amazing. Rin smiled and ran water over her face, her heart still racing then returned across the hall. She was up for seconds, thirds even…her body was already calling to her, and she could only pray that Sesshoumaru was as well. She had never thought that taking all of him in her like that would have hurt half as bad as it did. But the pain was nothing near the pleasure. She was well aware of how wet she was becoming as she slowly slipped from the bathroom. Walking through the door, her heart just about stopped.
 
The room was filled with candles. Quite possibly reaching two hundred, the room basked in the fire of these tiny orbs. They lit the room like a chapel, like a sanctuary. The candles rested all over the floor, all over his desks and bookcases. And in the middle of it all was Sesshoumaru. He was standing, in all of his naked glory, in the middle of the room, a smile residing on his lips. Rin's throat went dry as she thought to herself, `I feel like I've died.' Looking over just how the flames danced off Sesshoumaru's tanned ridged body, she smirked, `well, if this is hell, then the God's be damned.' It was a kind of disembodied moment. Her brain was screaming one thing, her body another, and yet there was Rin slowly walking towards him. There was something in his eye, something she couldn't classify, but she wanted to know more, she dared to know more.
 
Sesshoumaru held out a hand when she was just shy of an arms length from his body. He looked to the floor as he prayed for the thousandth time, `father give me your blessing.' Lifting his determined eyes, he stared at the slightly confused girl. Never breaking their gaze, he whispered, “Rin…by rights, you're my mate. You're strong enough to be my counter part, wise enough to bare my children. I love you more then I ever thought possible. You've accepted me for who I am, flaws and all. You've stood by my no matter how dark the situation, no matter how deadly. You've put your life on the line for me…and to that I can never repay you. But what I can do, is love you…is to make you my mate for life by my customs…which to me, tonight, we did.” He swallowed thickly then slowly dropped to one knee, capturing her hands in his. Her mouth fell open as he slid a diamond ring onto her left ring finger. It was only then she noticed he was shaking, his hands wavering back and forth every so slightly. Though his exterior was flawless, his eyes told another story. Inside, Rin could see the boy he had locked away, the childhood he had been denied. Through his eyes she saw the figure of a scared teenager, terrified of rejection. “I offer you everything you see here. I offer you my heart, my love, and my life. Please…marry me, Rin…be my wife, my mate.”
 
Rin's knees folded under her and she dropped to kneel with Sesshoumaru, her hands tightly grasping his. Tears streamed down her cheeks as she stared at her lover, searching for certainty. Realizing that there wasn't a drop of doubt anywhere on his face, she threw herself into his arms. “Of course, my love…” she sobbed quietly into his shoulder, embracing him refusing to let go.
 
Sesshoumaru caught her as the two tumbled backwards, her landing on his chest. She fawned over him, kissing every inch of skin that covered his face as she cried joyous tears. He hugged her, his eyes closed with relief. It was as if all of the weight was lifted from his shoulders as her tears dripped onto his skin. Holding her head to his chest, he added, “I swear Rin…everything is going to be different, everything is going to be okay.”
 
Rin pulled back and wiped her eyes with a smile of gold. “I know it is…I'll be with you…and then nothing can touch us.” They laid together on the floor, kissing each other lightly, worshiping each other in the pale candlelight. To the two, days could have passed by and they would have been unaware. Neither moved from where they laid comfortably on the floor. Rin traced lazy circles with her fingers across Sesshoumaru's ribs and Sesshoumaru raked his fingers through her silk like hair.
 
Finally, Rin grew agitated…frustrated. Lacing her hand in his, she gently stood then tugged at him to mimic her actions. Pressing her scantily clad body against his flesh, she whispered, “Now come on, Lover…let's see about the rest of this night. Something tells me you're not done yet.” her eyes fell to the rock that sat on her finger and a smile broke out on her lips. Raising her gray eyes, she drown in the golden pools. The mischief that burned in hers was mirrored through his and it only ignited her fire like gasoline. “I love you…so much! Now come show me what my fiancé can do. I have a feeling you have some tricks up your sleeves yet.”
 
And Rin couldn't have been more right.
~*********~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~~**~*~*~*
 
-mega chapter, I know…I'M SORRY!!! Funny story though, so it was like 55 degrees (Fahrenheit) on Monday, and then I woke up to go to work today and there is like six inches of snow on the ground. All I kept thinking is, wow…after I wrote that, go fig. huh.