InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The curse of the dragon ❯ Taking over me- part 2 ( Chapter 85 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

~<>~ Curse of the Dragon ~<>~
 
 
~<>~ Epilogue 2 ~<>~ Taking over me- part 2
 
 
 
Whether it had been an act of the Kami's or by the chance of luck, no one seemed to realize that the two ex lovers had woken up in each other's arms, yet everyone noticed the overwhelming serenity that graced the twos interactions. For two days, they were courteous and seemingly nice to each other. The ball dropped though when InuYasha had reached around Kagome on the second week that they were there, a Friday morning, while trying to get into the cabinet in front of her, and unconsciously put a hand on her right hip while he pressed against her to reach to the left. The clattering of a spoon hitting the ceramic tilted floor alerted InuYasha moment to late of his mistake. Miroku sat gawking at the two, his mouth hanging open with Sango and Rin mimicking his features. The only two who didn't seemed phased were the other two demons at the table. Rin was on her feet with Kagome's wrist in her hand within a second, Sango at their heels while Miroku bombarded the startled hanyou with question after question.
 
“What is this, InuYasha? Are you two…”
 
InuYasha glanced over Miroku's shoulder, feeling distinctly as awkward as when Houjo cornered him on the track back in high school. He watched the girls drag Kagome out of the room and sighed deeply. Turning to the human in front of him, he growled, “Let it go, Miro. Before you ask, no, I'm not…”
 
Sesshoumaru sipped his coffee, never once taking his eyes off the DOW reports in the American newspaper he was reading. “…Sleeping with her? Yes, yes you are.”
 
Miroku's jaw dropped for the second time. Whirling around to face InuYasha, he mimicked a rather insulted expression. “Have you no decency? In my house, shouldn't I have been the first to know at least? Damn, I was going to ask if you were two were talking of getting back together; I never even though you two were fucking again.”
 
InuYasha's face lit up like a tomato. Sputtering, he quickly replied, “We are not…” he turned to his brother and repeated, “not…fucking!”
 
Ryen glanced at Sesshoumaru. “You never said fucking…” looking at InuYasha, his eyes held a certain air of mischief as he watched his nephew squirm. “He never said fucking. You are just handing out more information…”
 
InuYasha groaned and put a hand to his face. “By the Gods, we are not fucking or sleeping together! She slept in my bed once…”
 
Miroku's eyes lit up, “when? Why? Who instigated what?”
 
InuYasha reached out and slapped his hand over Miroku's mouth. Glaring at his uncle and brother, he responded, “nothing happened. She is afraid of storms, she was crying…I came home, we talked, she freaked out when the power went out, I had her stay in my room. no sex, no touching, nothing.”
 
“wiff oo in da bedd wiff er?”
 
InuYasha dragged his eyes slowly back to his friend and released his clamp on his mouth. “Damnit Miroku,” wiping his hand on his pants, he answered, “yes, I was in the bed with her, but nothing happened!”
 
Ryen sighed and looked to his nephew, “you lie like a dog. I saw how you were all over each other the next morning.”
 
InuYasha closed his eyes and growled pointedly, “Hey old man, shut your fuckin' trap before I really make sure you break your hip!”
 
Ryen snapped back, “you want to take this outside, punk? I will kill you, you god damned cocky son of a bitch.”
 
InuYasha cracked a grin and held out his arm to the door, “after you! Don't trip on the first step, you blind bastard!”
Ryen rolled his eyes and flipped the boy off before returning to his meal.
Sesshoumaru shut the newspaper rather nosily and slammed it down onto the table. Taking a moment to compose himself, he turned to the duo. “Miroku, he hasn't defiled Kagome yet in your house, so do not consider burning the mattress to that room yet. InuYasha, you need to figure out what the hell you want because you're losing time. Your scent is all over her, therefore I am going to believe that more is going on then you want to let on and I'll be willing to bet you have slept with her more then just one night.”
 
InuYasha pulled away from Miroku and walked to the door. “I haven't…honest. My scent is over her because we've been spending more time together. That's all…I haven't…I won't…I wouldn't make the same mistakes twice. If she's willing to give me a second chance…” his voice trailed off as he stared into the wooden door of the kitchen.
 
Sesshoumaru glowered at his brother for a moment then shrugged. “At least you've managed to develop common sense over the years.”
 
Ryen raised an eyebrow. “Something makes me doubt that.”
 
InuYasha paused at the door. The urge to curse everyone in the room into oblivion was weighing heavily on his tongue but taking the more mature root, he responded, “I'll prove you wrong, old man…I'm going to make sure that I don't fuck this up again.”
 
Ryen glanced back and looked the boy over. “Well…if you can make this work again, between you and her, then I'll shut up. Hell, I'll toast at the wedding. But I swear to god boy, you hurt her and I swear to the Kami's I will be on you like white on rice.”
 
InuYasha smirked and walked out the door to save Kagome from the grasp of the other girls.
 
Miroku watched the door swing shut before turning to Ryen. “You think they'll work out?”
 
Sesshoumaru took the moment to answer, “I think that InuYasha has changed for the better and understands just what is at stake.”
 
Ryen nodded then sat back in his chair and stroked his chin, “I agree with Sessh. I think that they might just make it this time…if one doesn't fuck up.”
 
Miroku sighed then relented, “their doomed.”
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Rin pulled Kagome into her room and swung her to the bed. Sango entered the room behind the two and slammed the door shut. Rin growled when Kagome made a move to stand and pointed a finger at her. “Spill…now.”
 
Kagome sighed and ran her hands through her messy hair. “I have nothing to say. I don't even know what you're saying!”
 
Sango scoffed and crossed her arms. “All the touchy-touchy with the ex. What the hell was that about?”
 
Kagome blinked then it slowly dawned on her just what set the group off. Fighting down the blush that seemed to adore her cheeks, she coughed, “it wasn't about anything. I'm…we're…friends. We're doing okay, but there's nothing more to it.”
 
Sango sighed dramatically and stepped towards Kagome. “Seriously Kagome, I don't believe you. That touch…that gesture was something intimate. He would have chewed off his own hand before touching you like that a week ago.”
 
Kagome winced and looked away, “gee, thanks Sango. Way to knock me down and remind me of how much I fucked up.”
 
Rin raised an eyebrow, “you fucked up?”
 
“Yes, I fucked up. We both fucked up. We both know we fucked up. We decided though to try to be friends and we're doing okay. Please…guys…please don't push this on us. Don't try to get involved.”
 
“It's not that we're against this, Kagome…I'm happy for you two. But I don't want to see you hurting again. I don't want to see you nearly destroyed by what happened last time. Don't forget, you're going to go back to college and you're going to leave him again.” Rin took a step forward and put her hand on Kagome shoulder then dropped to sit next to her. “You're like my sister, hun. I refuse to let you get hurt.”
 
“It's not your place, Rin, nor yours Sango. I love you both but I listened to too much bullshit last time. I want to do this without interference; I want to do this on my own. If we're going to get back together, it's under our terms. We're taking this real slow.”
 
Sango smirked and dropped to sit on the other side of Kagome. “Real slow…right. Tell me, have you slept with him since you got back?”
 
Kagome's blush darkened. “I don't think that's any of your business, either of you.”
 
Rin looked at Sango. “That's a yes.”
 
“Actually, it's a no.”
 
All three girls turned to the doorway to find InuYasha lounging against the wood. Kagome flashed him a quick appreciative smile then rushed away from the girls. Reaching his side, she touched his arm gently then passed him to go into the adjourning bathroom. InuYasha watched her go then turned on her friends. With a smile, he regarded them as a whole. “Look, I'm going to put my foot down this time. Last time I let both of you poison her mind and my name. I let you both say how horrid I was to her, and looking back, it was the truth. But she's right; this time, I want you two to back off. I don't care that you are her friends, in fact, I'm happy because you two are like family to me. But step out of our relationship. I want us to make this work, I want you two out of it.”
 
Sango rubbed her neck. “Yash…I know you want to love her, but I also know how much you need her. I don't want to see you two rush it.”
 
InuYasha shook his head astutely. “The fact is, Sango, that you have to trust me. I know how I used to be and I'm different now, I'm not a high school hormone driven kid. But again, it's not your concern. If I fuck it up, I want it on me. I don't want to have to look to you two and hold any revulsion for you two meddling.”
 
Rin glanced at Sango sheepishly then sighed loudly. “The only reason I'm going to trust you not to hurt my sister is because you're like my brother…” she paused then made a face, “fucked up family we have, isn't it?”
 
InuYasha strode across the room and kissed her forehead then rustled Sango's head. “Seriously, stay out of it. If she wants to talk to you, then let her. If you don't like it, keep your mouths shut.” He stared down at Sango, “especially you. I know you mean well but you seriously can't say shit this time.”
 
Sango narrowed her eyes. “I can't promise…”
 
InuYasha scoffed, “keh, you will…or I'll tell Miroku that kid ain't his.”
 
Sango's face dropped as she gasped, “InuYasha, that isn't even funny! I would never, ever…”
 
InuYasha shrugged and smiled wickedly, “but I'm sure I can get a couple guys to say different at the station.”
 
Sango stood up and cracked her knuckles. “I can still beat your ass right here, right now Hanyou. Don't you dare threaten me!”
 
InuYasha leaned forward and rebutted, “I'm…joking.”
 
Sango shoved his shoulder and yelled, “that is not even funny!”
 
InuYasha made a face. “So you understand how I feel when you corner Kagome and tell her stuff that you wouldn't say to me. It's not your place and you don't know.”
 
Sango licked her teeth then turned away from him. “Whatever. Just don't hurt her.”
 
“I won't.” with a soft smile, he removed himself from the room.
 
Rin watched him go then leaned closer to Sango, “are you going to really not say anything?”
 
Sango sighed then nodded. “I guess. But if I see shit going wrong, you better believe that I'll step in.”
 
Rin shook her head then walked to the door. Placing a hand on her extended stomach, she shook her head, “I think they can do this, Sango. I just…hope they do it right.”
 
Sango nodded. “Do you think that they really haven't slept together?”
 
Rin nodded, “I think they're serious.”
 
Sango clapped her hands then walked up behind Rin. “Then maybe we'll have another wedding to go to.”
 
Rin gasped then turned to Sango. “Speaking of weddings, someone I know is getting married and we need to plan a bachelorette party!”
 
Sango fisted the air playfully, “then let the games begin!”
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~~*~**~*~*~~*
 
InuYasha grabbed Kagome's hand and pulled her to the front of the small arena. Thousands of kids crowded the tiny hall that was built to maybe hold one thousand at most. The air was stifling, filled with lingering scents of smoke and pot. Kids groped at each other desperately from the middle of the floor, others found darker corners to do that deed. Most were teenagers, though there were a good amount of frat boys there, all simply wishing to be caught on the `scene' of this giant event. InuYasha had followed the band around for a while when they first began after his heart had been shattered…but with the uprising crime and the need for him to put in more hours at the precinct, he had given up his groupie business.
 
Dodging some kids that decided to become mindless for the night, InuYasha pulled Kagome closer to him and squeezed her hand. Letting go of her at this point would have meant probably not finding her until two hours after the shows. With all the groupies of the local bands and all of the larger part of the crowd that followed his band, the place was a mad house. Shouting over the playing punk band he hollered, “Come on! Just keep up with me!”
 
Kagome jumped as two girls crashed into her side. Stumbling, she suddenly found herself in InuYasha's arms. She hated it the minute they had stepped through the doors, but wisely decided to keep her mouth shut. It meant spending time with InuYasha so she would put up with just about an apocalypse.
 
InuYasha pulled her against his chest as she nearly tripped over the girl on the floor and smiled down at her. “Sorry…it gets a little rough down here, but you'll be okay. Just grow a set of eyes out of the back of your head and you'll be fine!”
 
Kagome squinted trying to hear him then questioned, “why the hell are we here again?” She reached up and tweaked his ear. “And not all of us have great hearing, dog boy.”
 
InuYasha leaned closer and shouted into her ear, “trust me! Would I bring you somewhere you could get hurt?”
 
Kagome blinked then nodded. Turning around, she pulled herself away from his arms and stood in front of him. She nervously twiddled her thumbs against her stomach, unsure of just what to do. She wanted to simply melt into him, ignore the music and find some place where they could make up for the last four years. Their relationship from the last few days had progressed wonderfully. Never had she and him actually talked about anything specific. Yet they had stayed up until the sun rose yesterday morning talking about everything; from her career aspirations to his recent addiction to manga and anime. Not once had the conversation gone sour…or south. Regardless of what Ryen and Sesshoumaru chose to believe, the two knew that things were getting better. Kagome was weary to get her hopes up, she didn't want to open her heart only to have it torn out again…but staring into his eyes for those hours was like a drug. Sure, she saw the past reflected in the sadness of his soul, but she also remembered all the times she had stared up at him, loving him for who he was and what he could make her feel. Looking into those golden orbs, she could remember a time she was happy, and she longed to feel it again.
 
Hesitantly, InuYasha reached up and wrapped his arms around her shoulders. Relief seeped through a content sigh as Kagome leaned backwards against his chest. Together, they hardly paid attention to the music as they swam in each other's souls, paying homage to the simple fact that they were here and holding each other again. It took him a moment to realize that the music had stopped and he shouted as the band left stage. “It's a number of different bands that play here four times a year. They come from all over to simply be heard. They're garage bands, for the most part. There are a few bands here that are widely known, and that's one that I want you to see.”
 
Kagome turned and shouted, “What's the name of the band?”
 
InuYasha smirked, “Not Quite Human.”
 
Kagome turned all the way around so her chest was against his. She flushed when she realized just how close they were. Chewing on her bottom lip, she asked, “What's so special about them?” When InuYasha had asked if she wanted to go to a concert, this was the last thing that she was expecting. As the next band worked their equipment onto stage, she turned back to InuYasha.
 
InuYasha shrugged and nodded to the stage, “you'll see.”
 
With a sigh, she rolled her eyes and sat back on her heels. “I don't want to insult you or this whole concert, InuYasha, honest, it's great. But…it's really…not…what I was expecting!”
 
InuYasha laughed and brushed her hair from her face gently, his eyes softening to draw her into the golden pools and invite her to drown in them. “What, thinking I was gonna take you to an opera in jeans, Kag? Don't worry babes, you'll be okay. After you see the band I want you to, we can leave. I'll even take you out to dinner!”
 
A smile graced her face. “You're on. If you want to stay longer, let me know. I can wait.”
 
InuYasha shook his head in the negative. “Don't worry, Kag, I won't make you stay. I haven't seen these guys though in almost a year and a half and I think it was death threats being aimed at me in paper airplanes if I didn't show today. And I know there was something about stealing my socks….”
 
Kagome's eyebrows disappeared under her bangs. “Say what now?”
 
InuYasha laughed then sporadically leaned forward, out of instinct that didn't quite make sense, and kissed her forehead. “Don't worry, you'll get it soon enough.”
 
Kagome blushed and turned her face as his fingers grazed her cheek. “Inu…”
 
InuYasha didn't lose the smile on his face though his eyes sobered as the hint of uncertainty rang clear in her voice. “I know, I'll behave, don't worry.” With an awkward silence, Kagome turned around in his arms and leaned her back against his chest. Looking up to the stage, he smiled as the lead guitarist/singer emerged from behind the curtain.
 
Kagome nearly covered her ears as the crowd exploded in applause. She turned and froze as the aquamarine eyes locked onto her and her `date'. As recognition washed across her face, she turned to flash a goofy grin at InuYasha. With sarcasm coloring her voice, she drew, “I should have seen this coming. I really, really should have.”
 
The lead singer winked at them then spun the electric guitar in his hands. Aquamarine eyes never leaving InuYasha and Kagome, the man cooed into the microphone, “you guys are too kind, really, you make me want to hurl. What the fuck, you assholes? You here for some fuckin' music? Let me hear you mother fuckers scream!” Bowing backwards, spiky black hair covered the man's eyes as he hopped up and down like a punk in a mosh pit. His eyes locking onto the golden orbs below him, mischief seemed to overwhelm him. With a snicker, he bellowed, “well, boys and girls, we got a special treat tonight. See…in this crowd is probably one of the most talented singers that I personally have ever known, plus he's single ladies…” he looked to Kagome and questioned, “single?”
 
Kagome flustered and looked away. She couldn't miss how his eyes darkened at the sight of her. She couldn't blame him…after all; he was one of InuYasha's best friends. She was half surprised that he hadn't sent his legion of fans on her yet that dwelled in the overcrowded room.
 
InuYasha wrapped his arm around her and gave her a quick squeeze. “Don't mind him, he's being an asshole.”
 
The man on stage smiled wickedly, mirroring a rather sadistic reflection of himself. “So…why don't you guys put your hands together and get this mother fucker on stage! I'm serious…someone shove him up here. He's this shit head, right here!”
 
The crowd went wild. InuYasha's eyes widened when a finger was pointed at him and five sets of hands ripped him from Kagome and literally threw him onto the stage. It took a moment for him to calm his Youkai back into place, it was beginning to rile at the thought of someone trying to separate him from Kagome. `Damn,' he though as he took a deep breath, `it's already defending her again.' He rolled his eyes, Ryen had been insisting to talk to InuYasha about just how close he had been with Kagome and the unconscious effects that it was having on his inner beast. Of course him, always being right and knowing all, didn't listen. InuYasha brushed off his pants and stood next to his best friend, as well as his partner on the force. “You're a fucking loser, Bankotsu!”
 
Bankotsu shrugged and caught the guitar that was thrown to him by Shippo from the side. Turning to the hanyou, the human chucked it at him. “Maybe, but your ass ain't getting out of this, this time, baka. Now turn it on and get ready to perform! You should have been up here from day one!” He could hear the girls squealing and screaming for InuYasha to `marry them' or simply to `fuck them'. He chuckled as he watched Kagome turn around on a couple girls, sparing time to shoot them an evil and oh so jealous glower.
 
InuYasha growled and mumbled as he turned on the microphone and ran a couple cords on the guitar. “It's been six years Bankotsu…”
 
Bankotsu glanced out to the crowd, “someone get this pansy a tissue. You whine like a bitch!” Smiling as InuYasha begrudgingly agreed to play, he turned to the crowd, “now, who the fuck is ready to rock!”
 
Some girls who were standing close to the stage squealed, “rock out with your cock out!”
 
Bankotsu winked at them and laughed as one fainted. He would have to find them later. Turning to InuYasha, he mouthed a few of the songs that they had written nearly a decade prior and Kagome's eyes glistened as the stage broke into a wild tune that she could only understand to be amazing. The whole time, her eyes never left the hanyou with white hair who had once again, sometime without her ever realizing it, managed to capture her heart.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Chewing on a French fry, she shook her head and laughed. “You two are to much, you know that?”
 
InuYasha laughed and hung his head backwards. “I can't believe you dragged me up there, you asshole!” Reaching forward without looking, he slapped his hand into Bankotsu's chest.
 
Bankotsu grimaced with the impact. Coughing once, he reached forward and took a sip of his beer. “Hey, I told you months ago that if you missed our last performance, you would regret it. I never expected you to have company today though!” His eyes turned back to focus on the girl across the table with a rather bland disrespect.
 
Kagome shrunk under his intense gaze, just about feeling the disdain for her appearance seeping through her skin. Staring at the tablecloth, she muttered, “Well…InuYasha said that he thought it would be fun…and it was. You two are great together.”
 
Bankotsu sneered and looked back to his friend. “Unlike some, yes we are.”
 
Kagome pressed her lips together, keeping herself from commenting on his snide remark and looked down at her fries.
 
InuYasha lifted his head to stare at Bankotsu then shook his head once. When Bankotsu looked like he was about to comment, he mouthed, `leave it be.'
 
Bankotsu rolled his eyes and begrudgingly turned his attention back to Kagome. “So. How's Cali?”
 
Kagome grimaced. She knew a condescending, sarcastic tone when she heard one and his voice was drenched in it. Shifting her feet nervously, she forced out, “it's…different. I can't say that I like it, and I can't say that I don't miss home…”
 
Bankotsu cut her off, “yeah, that's nice. I'm sure you do.”
 
Kagome gnawed on her bottom lip for a moment, debating whether or not she should even try to repair this gap. Her and Bankotsu had fallen off the friends wagon when shit started rolling downhill for her and InuYasha. He was very cynical to her, very demeaning. He blamed her completely for their breakup…not that she didn't. “So…you and InuYasha are now partners at work?”
 
Bankotsu lifted his eyes to meet hers. “Yeah…you know; we take care of each other. I got his back…from everything and anything that tries to hurt him.”
 
InuYasha took a gander to step into the conversation. “Yeah, he's really made a one eighty with his life. He's a pig now.” He chuckled as the man threw a fry at him.
 
“Who are all of the people in your band?”
 
Bankotsu blinked twice then sighed. “Well, I got Suikotsu on drums…he got his act together with a couple decent prescriptions and a great psych. Shippo has been our go-to boy, who basically helps test sound systems, runs props, stuff like that. He's also great with pyrotechnics. Gojyo has been helping out with many different things; sometimes guitar, sometimes keyboard when we need it. And my other wing man is…”
 
The door to the restaurant flew open as a tall black haired man walked in. Kagome looked up and choked on her drink. She actually wasn't sure for a moment if her first assumption to him being a guy was correct. His hair was in a messy bun on the top of his head, his lips were painted a dark crimson red and his purple eyes had matching purple stripes falling from his bottom lid halfway down his cheek. He was dressed in a rather flamboyant yellow and purple Hawaiian shirt with black slacks. He gazed around the room intently until his eyes latched onto the back of InuYasha's head…or more to be said, his ears. “Oi! InuYasha!” waving his hand like an idiot, he skipped his way to the table.
 
InuYasha's eyes widened as he turned his full attention to Bankotsu. “This is a joke, right?”
 
Bankotsu smiled sheepishly before turning to wave to his cousin. Under his breath, he pleaded, “Just…be civil. Please Inu…I'll owe you!”
 
InuYasha pointed a finger at the man, intent on telling him where to take the code of conduct when he was just about shoved into Bankotsu's arms.
 
Jakotsu wedged his way onto the seat next to InuYasha, wrapping one arm around his shoulders. “Oh, InuYasha-kun…I was so surprised to see you come on stage with us. But I must say…you were marvelous! Nearly as good as an orgasm…maybe better.”
 
Kagome gawked. This man was just about fawning all over her…her what? She kicked InuYasha under the table and made a face. It would take a lot for her to be jealous, but this was outlandish. She didn't like the fact that this guy was hitting on her ex.
 
InuYasha weaved a hand through his silver tresses and laughed nervously. “Yeah well…” he blinked then shook his head, “Oh, Jack, that's Kagome.”
 
Jakotsu blinked numerous times, as he looked across the table in bland disdain. “Oh. You're the backstabbing slut…so why are you here?”
 
InuYasha reached over, running on basic instinct, and slapped his hand over his stalkers mouth. “Kagome, don't listen to him. He's just jealous.”
 
Bankotsu nearly fell out of the other side of the booth as InuYasha made a retching sound and just about jumped over the table. Wiping his hand furiously on his pants, he stared incredulously at Jakotsu. “You…just…licked my hand! Damnit, bastard…I told you…
 
Jakotsu laughed manically as he stared at the fazed hanyou. “Oi, InuYasha…you know what else I'd love to lick…”
 
InuYasha shouted over Bankotsu's original yelp for the boy to shut up and shoved Bankotsu from the booth. “Yo, get me the fuck out of here. I can not…”
 
Kagome tapped her chin then gasped. “You! You're the weirdo from Kyushu, aren't you? The one that stole InuYasha's cell phone!”
 
Jakotsu slowly turned his attention back to the girl. “Good god, You're still here? I figured you would have sauntered off like the skank…”
 
InuYasha ducked into the booth next to Kagome and growled at the man across the table. “Oi! Watch your fuckin' mouth! She ain't…”
 
Jakotsu blinked then reached over and dove into his cousin's fries and cut off InuYasha's statement. “Oh InuYasha…you know you harbor the same feelings for me and your simply in a state of denial. You know what they say; De Nile is a river in Egypt! You're just too caught up in that cunt next to you to actually admit how you truly feel. Come to the gay side…you'd like what I can do to make you scream!” He reached across the table to make a grab for InuYasha's right ear. Flattening them to his head, InuYasha thwarted his attempt with a dark glower.
 
Kagome blinked then placed her hands on the table and stood up. “Excuse me? Do I know you? Who do you think you are? You don't know anything about me!”
 
Rolling his eyes, Jakotsu shot her a lazy smile. “Sure I do. You're a backstabbing bitch that doesn't know a good thing when you have it. This man is god…and you, lady, are a sinner! How could you disgrace him like that? You have no right to touch him now!” Jakotsu sighed and swirled the coke in the cup he was drinking. “Oi…if InuYasha gave me a moment of time…I would show him things…”
 
“…That I never want to see!”
 
Kagome laughed quietly and shook her head. “You're Bankotsu's cousin?”
 
Jakotsu turned and blinked at Bankotsu. “Is she really still talking?” turning to look at Kagome, he shouted, “Jesus, Mary and Joseph, you need to vanish. You,” he motioned to InuYasha, “aren't good enough for the dog prince…you…you…hussy!”
 
Kagome bit her tongue and turned her head to InuYasha. “Is this guy for real?”
 
InuYasha rolled his eyes and nodded, “Jakotsu was dropped on his head…repeatedly…as a child. You have to excuse him. That and he's probably the…”
 
Jakotsu held up his hand. “Do not drop the G word in my presence.”
Bankotsu turned to stare at his cousin. “The G word? What…gay? Come on, Jack, you're just about wearing the neon sign on your head that is screaming flaming homosexual!”
 
Jakotsu made a box with his hands aimed at InuYasha as he spoke, “see, this is who should still be here. You two…who aren't in my world…need to leave.”
 
Bankotsu reached under the table, as InuYasha sat repulsed by Jakotsu's behavior and squeezed Kagome's knee. Nodding towards the bathrooms that were separated from the rest of the diner, he quickly stood up. “Excuse us for a moment.”
 
Kagome stared at the man for a moment, then at InuYasha. Biting her lips to keep from laughing, InuYasha looked nearly panic-stricken at the thought of being left alone for any length of time with Jakotsu, who was all giggles at the proposition. She flashed him a quick smile and slipped from the tiny booth. Walking behind Bankotsu around the corner, she was hardly ready for him to wrap his hand around her throat and shove her into the wall. Her hands instantly went to the one clutching her throat, her eyes wide with fear.
 
Bankotsu smiled at the look of distress on her face and clenched his hand a little tighter. Not enough to permanently hurt the girl and not nearly enough to cut off her air supply, it was just right to scare the fear of god into her. Taking a step forward, he pressed his body against hers, his mouth just hovering over her ear. “Now you're going to listen to me, and I mean really listen to me.” His voice was hoarse, hardly above a whisper, but holding enough malice to chill Kagome to the bones. “I don't know what game you're playing with my boy, but you better rest assured there is no way in hell I'm going to standby and watch you walk in and break his heart again.”
 
Kagome slowly let go of Bankotsu's wrist, for the first time realizing the man was only looking after a friend he considered to be his brother. Slumping her shoulders, she captured her bottom lip between her teeth. “I'm not…looking…to hurt him, Bankotsu.”
 
Bankotsu narrowed his eyes; never once moving back from the intimate position he held her in. Anyone who passed by, it could easily been convincing that they were a teenage couple making out. For a second, Kagome feared InuYasha catching them and thinking something else by the actions. Bankotsu let go of her neck, but kept his hand resting against her throat. “Not that I believe you, but you have to do much better then that. He loved you, bitch…he would have laid down and died for you in a heartbeat. You ripped out his fuckin' heart with that stunt back in New York. He might be able to put up some half-cocked façade that he's okay with it now…but he's hurting and it's your fault. And I know you don't give a rats ass.”
Tears instantly pricked in her eyes at the words that everyone felt but no one dared to speak. She had seen it on everyone's eyes the first time she saw each of her friends after the incident. Sesshoumaru was the worst; he seemed nearly inclined to take her head off the first time she met up with him and Rin afterwards. But everything Bankotsu was saying…it made sense. Lowering her eyes, she blinked away the tears. “I know I fucked up. I know that a large part of everything was my fault…and I know I hurt him. We hurt each other, Bankotsu. It's never just one side that ruins a relationship; we both took a hammer to what was left of our relationship, we shattered it together. And don't think for one moment that I had set out to hurt him…I didn't.”
 
Bankotsu laughed without humor. “That's right…I forgot…he was a simple fuck toy for you to break your cherry, right? A flavor of the week?”
 
Anger began to burn in Kagome. Shoving the man back, sarcasm dripped like venom from her words. “Yeah, flavor of the week that lasted four years, that's it; a flavor of the week that took my heart and a large chunk of my soul. Yes, Bankotsu…I dated InuYasha because I just wanted sex. That's exactly the reason.” Reaching up, she belted him with her palm across his startled face. “You think just because he's the one you had to see everyday that he was the only one who was hurting? Damnit, Bankotsu…I've been dealing with so much depression that it made me sick, literally. I've nearly failed my classes almost every semester, I never see the outside of my apartment if I'm not in class…he is not the only one who suffered!”
 
Bankotsu shook his head, snarling as he nearly hit her back. Containing his anger, he took another step towards her. “I had to pull pills out of his throat, Kagome, after he got back from New York City. Do you know what its like to walk into a room and find your best friend…no…brother…half dead on the floor because he was an idiot and tried to swallow a bottle full of prescription pills? And all over some bitch none the less.”
 
Kagome's hand flew to her mouth as she turned to stare at InuYasha, her face aghast. “I never…no one…” dropping her hand, horror surged across her features, “oh InuYasha…”
 
Bankotsu crossed his arms and stood behind her. “No one else knows, only me and Yash… it was something we decided to keep between us so don't let that get out. I forced my fingers down his throat and got him to throw up those he actually swallowed. He got over those that his body had ingested…and he quit drinking a week later.” He let the news work its shock value on her conscious then leaned closer to Kagome. “If he had been human, he would have died.”
 
Kagome turned to face the man, wiping the tears the spilt down her cheeks away with the back of her hand. “Bankotsu, you have to believe me. I want what's best for him, even if it isn't me. I want him to be happy. I never knew…I never thought he would do something so stupid!”
 
With a sigh, Bankotsu shook his head and shoved his hands into his pockets, anger seeping from his body to relent to more frustration, a genuine feeling of concern for his heartbroken friend shining through his façade. “You're what makes him happy Kagome. He'd still take you back in a heartbeat, and I think he already has. He needs a sign from you though…he needs you to be ready to be happy. You can't play with him…you can't come here and lead him on! I swear to god, this better not be some sick game of yours; coming back for the wedding planning to get a good fuck then walking out the door.”
 
Kagome nodded dumbly, returning her gaze to her hanyou ex lover. “I love him…so much. I just…you have to understand…our relationship wasn't anything back then that…was good. Though we had each other, we lacked a lot. We were too…explosive for each other. We needed to realize what we had.”
 
Bankotsu shook his head, shoving her shoulders to emphasize his point. “Damnit, bitch, listen to yourself! It nearly cost both of you your lives to realize just what there was to lose. Tell me, was it worth it? Was it worth losing four years?”
 
Kagome choked down tears as she managed to gasp, “No…not at all.” She placed her hand over his and frowned, glaring up into his aquamarine eyes. “Tell me what you saw that day back in the Taisho chateau. I've always wondered.”
 
Bankotsu rubbed his chin and then his eyes. “I…well…honestly? I saw tears, I saw anger, I saw hatred. I saw you two screaming at each other over stupid shit that is taken for granted. I saw both of your hearts breaking then I saw nothing…” he sighed and shook his head. “I never told him the details, if that's what you're asking. When he asked enough times later on, I told him I saw the end of your relationship, which is what I assume it was.”
 
Kagome hugged her arms around her body and shivered. “I wish you hadn't. I thought about it all the time.” With a sigh, she turned back to look at InuYasha from the corner. “ I'm glad to be back though…and I'm glad he's talking to me at least.”
 
“Do you still love him?”
 
Kagome ran her hands through her hair then nodded. “Yeah…yeah I do.”
 
Bankotsu leaned down to her ear and whispered, “then what the fuck are you waiting for?”
 
Kagome shrugged disjointedly, her eyes focusing on the hanyou who was looking around desperately for help, while inching away from the looming presence of the homosexual who Kagome was beginning to think wanted nothing more to do then pet InuYasha's ears until they fell off. She glanced back at Bankotsu and rubbed her neck unconsciously, before nodding. “I know you're trying to keep your friend from being hurt…and I respect that. I would do the same. I can tell you, from the bottom of my heart, I don't want to hurt him again…I don't want to ever have to see that look on his face.”
 
Bankotsu grabbed her wrist lightly, as if afraid to hurt her again. Tugging her closer, he pulled her into a quick but tight hug. “I'm sorry if I hurt you…but you have to understand; seeing my brother hurting as he did then seeing you waltz back into his life…I don't think I could be held accountable for my actions if you willingly walked out of his life again. You're a friend to me as well Kagome, but he's family.” He kissed her cheek then pushed her towards InuYasha, “Go.”
 
She nodded and slowly walked out from the bathrooms, Bankotsu walking behind her. The glower of her ex told her just how much they had been missed. Slipping into the seat next to InuYasha and shoving Jakotsu out of the booth, she smiled sweetly, “did we miss anything?”
 
InuYasha eyed the girl carefully then brought one hand to her face. Tracing the pale contour of her cheeks, he lowered his voice for a more private conversation. “Why were you crying? What did he say?” He turned to stare hard at the man across the table, threats of death written across his face.
 
Kagome covered his hand with hers and smiled sadly, “some things I needed to hear. Don't worry, he was looking out for his brother.” She smiled at Bankotsu who simply shrugged and lit up a cigarette.
 
InuYasha turned his attention to his friend. “Oi! You had to leave me here with that thing for that? I'm serious, you need to put your cousin on a leash!”
 
Jakotsu climbed into the seat next to Bankotsu and glowered at Kagome then his cousin. “Couldn't you have like decided to take a thirty minute fuck or something? I was just getting somewhere with my adorable Inu!”
 
InuYasha rolled his eyes. “Yeah…you were getting somewhere. My feet being inserted up my ass, that's where…”
 
Jakotsu leaned over the table while licking his lips. “Baby, you can insert anything in my…”
 
Kagome's eyes widened considerably. Turning to InuYasha, she choked on Jakotsu's last words and grabbed her coat. “I think this is the time when we pay the bill and leave.”
 
Jakotsu cast her a long glower, “Yes, and take my cousin with you. You two can entertain yourselves while I indulge in a little bit of Inu Youkai!” He flashed a slightly maniacal grin at InuYasha and licked his lips.
 
InuYasha tipped his head to Bankotsu and scooted out of the booth. “And this is when I walk out of here with what little is left of my dignity.”
 
Jakotsu stood up, his violet eyes wide with confusion. “But Inu…where are you going? We have yet to embrace and proclaim our undying love!”
 
Kagome pushed past the man and growled, “he's going with me…more to the point, he's walking away from you.”
 
Jakotsu grabbed Kagome's arm and swung her around to stare menacingly at her. “I don't care who I have to knock off their pedestals to get to my InuYasha.”
 
InuYasha reached over Kagome and put his hand over Jakotsu's. With a near primal growl, he squeezed the man's wrist, causing him to drop Kagome's hand. As soon as Kagome was free, he grabbed Jakotsu by his lapel and pulled him off the floor, two inches from his face and a foot from the floor. “Listen up, you piece of shit. I do not like you. I am not gay. I like girls…dicks are for chicks. That's my philosophy; I don't care what you chase, I have nothing against it, but I ain't swaying. But what is worse then your persistent annoying habits is that you're trying to insult Kagome.” Pulling him closer, InuYasha whispered, “If I ever hear you talk shit about her again, I will personally end you. Questions?”
 
Jakotsu pouted and leaned a little closer to InuYasha. “My love, do you honestly feel that way?”
 
InuYasha dropped him as his response. Turning, he took Kagome's hand in his and threw forty dollars onto the table. “Bankotsu…I'll see you in the office on Monday. Kagome, let's go.”
 
Kagome nodded and trailed behind him; somewhat dazed at the fact that InuYasha had just stood up for her. She waved dumbly at Bankotsu, who inclined his head with a `think about it' smirk plastered on his lips. `He really just stood up for me…against his friends. Why? Why would he do something like that? I would never of asked him to!' she studied his profile as they walked down the checkered floor. `I can't believe he did that.' She couldn't help the emotional bubble swell in her throat. Happiness and elation wrapped in cellophane taping; that's what it was like. She had to try hard to bite down the laughter that bubbled in her throat.
 
Once they exited the restaurant, she choked on her own laughter. Placing her hands on her knees, Kagome nearly doubled over. InuYasha studied her face for a moment before blushing and rubbing the back of his neck. “That was just a bit awkward for me…”
 
Kagome laughed louder. “I don't believe how much he was all over you! Has he always been like that?”
 
InuYasha nodded slowly, “yup. Ever since I met him. Bankotsu had Jakotsu move in with him like two years ago. It's been hell ever since. He would bring Jack to the precinct some days…and I swear to god, I would hide in Ryen's office for hours. For some reason, Jakotsu stays away from Ryen like he was the bubonic plague. But he is obsessed with going after my ears…” He shivered then wrapped his arm around Kagome. “I feel dirty.”
 
Kagome laughed and leaned over to kiss him on the cheek. “You'll be okay, promise.”
 
And then the sky opened up. Drenching the couple in a mid winter downpour, Kagome screamed and threw her hands over her head while InuYasha nodded with an ironic justice playing part in his eyes. “It figures.”
 
Kagome laughed dully and looked around. “Well…you said you feel dirty…now here's your shower! We should go, we got some ground to cover and it's freezing!”
 
InuYasha turned to her and gestured to his back. “Come on, Princess…it will get us there faster.”
 
Kagome paused at the nickname she had convinced herself she hated and felt another emotion burn the mirth from her body. She couldn't really place the feeling; it was a mix of nostalgia and elation, but there was something else…something underneath those basic emotions that clouded her judgment; something that she had long forgotten and it scared her to remember. But within those feelings, she realized just how happy she was to hear to age-old name being pinned to her once more.
 
It took her a moment to realize he was staring at her, and when she lifted her eyes to meet his, she paused. In his orbs, she could see the same emotions swirling in wisps of darker amber amidst the molten gaze. For a moment, the two stood staring at each other, her simply gawking and him awaiting an answer. Finally shaking her head to bring herself back to reality, she answered wearily, “I…that is…”
 
InuYasha blinked out of the funk that her speechless gaze had induced him into, who was also impatient and wet, reached behind him and wrapped one hand around her hip. Pulling her flush against his back, he slid his hands under her knees and yelled, “Hold onto my neck, Kag…I want to get the fuck home!”
 
Kagome blanched slightly then flustered something fierce. Wrapping her arms around his neck, she rested her cheek against the middle of his shoulder blades. The feeling of his fingers resting anywhere on her body had sent shivers up her spine, but with him gently letting his claws drag languidly behind her knees threatened to send her nerves into overload.
 
With a leap, InuYasha took to the top of the buildings, getting them home in about five minutes. As he ran, he couldn't help the electric feelings that shot through his body and tore its destructive path through her heart. She was so close to him; her breath on the back of his neck was enthralling and to the urge to moan at bay was something next to impossible. Without realizing it, one clawed hand slowly worked its way up and down the inside of her thigh, tracing a lustful path on her legs over her jeans. Her breathing increased and her scent spiked. InuYasha found it intoxicating. Forcing himself to pay attention forward, he rushed them through the streets of Kyoto to the condo.
 
Pushing through the front door, InuYasha didn't pause until they were upstairs in front of the bathroom. Both were soaking wet, their hair plastered to their face like a curtain. InuYasha walked into the bathroom then turned and let her off his back against the sink, so that she was sitting upon the marble cabinet. Turning around, he smiled softly at how her hair clung to her face. Gently, he laced his fingers under her hair and pushed it all back.
 
Kagome closed her eyes as he gently wiped some of the rain away from her cheeks with the pads of his thumbs. Glancing up, she found herself lost once more in the golden gaze of her ex lover. Leaning forward, she rested her head against his shoulder. Hesitantly, he embraced her seemingly unsure of her actions. For a moment the two soaked individuals sat joined by their arms, staring off into oblivion.
 
“How can I let this go? How can I watch you walk out of my life again?”
 
Kagome looked up slowly, tears gathering in her eyes. His eyes were shut but tears glistened on his long eyelashes. Reaching up, she smoothed over his brow with one hand. “I…I don't know. I don't know anything anymore.”
 
InuYasha took a deep breath and took the plunge; his stammering was separated by the erratic beating of his heart; “Do you know…are you still…in love…with…me?”
 
Kagome swallowed hard, her breath catching in her throat. Lifting her eyes slowly, she stared into the golden orbs. “I…that is…” Life would have been easier if she said no, she could have walked away and lived life with that lie but avoided all complications. It would have saved anyone from being hurt a second time, and it would have destroyed her. Instead she chose the other route. “…Yes…I am.”
 
InuYasha could have broken out into song and dance at that moment. Containing himself for the moment being, he settled for a smile worth a million dollars and lowered his lips to her forehead. “I never stopped loving you, Kagome. I was so angry…but never once did I stop loving you.”
 
Tears flowed down her cheeks, mixing with the rain that had soiled her clothes. “Inu…I'm…”
 
InuYasha lowered his head and sealed his lips over hers, prohibiting her from uttering those words. From that point on, there would be no apologizes, no past remarks…everything was to start on a blank slate, and this time it would be clean. Fisting his hands into her hair, he pulled her closer, groaning as her left hand traveled up to caress his right ear affectionately.
 
How long they sat there, conjoined by their lips, forever bound by their souls, neither was sure. InuYasha was the first to pull back, his body screaming with passion and desire for the small frail girl in front of him, but he restrained the urges. Running his thumb over her swollen lips, he smiled and forced out, “I think you should get some sleep.” The last thing he wanted was to ruin any of this for a moment of pleasure. Everything was going to happen when she was ready for it, nothing rushed, nothing forced.
 
Kagome blinked herself back to reality, taking deep breaths to try to clam her raging heart. Was he rejecting this…rejecting her? She stared at his face and furrowed her brows. “InuYasha…I don't…”
 
InuYasha leaned forward and kissed her lightly, his tongue slipping into her mouth for a quick taste. Pulling back, he tilted his head towards the shower. “Why don't you get warmed up? You'll catch your death if you sit in these rags.”
 
Kagome dropped her jaw. “Hey! Rags! InuYasha…”
 
InuYasha gave her a quick peck once more then pulled away, holding onto her arms for only a moment longer. He turned and trudged his way out of the bathroom, only to be stopped by a hand on his wrist. Turning around, he nearly laughed at the sight.
 
Kagome was staring up at him, one finger on her chin, her eyes wide with confusion and her face flushed. “I…that is…what about you?”
 
InuYasha turned around, capturing her hand in his. He kissed the back of it and bowed to the girl. “I think it would do us a good thing to wait.”
 
Kagome stared at him for a moment then pulled back. “You're right…I'll be fast so you can get in…I mean!” Her cheeks darkened as she mentally berated herself. Wishing to shrink into the wall, she muttered, “I didn't mean that you can jump in with me…I meant…”
 
Tracing her jaw with two fingers, he added, “I understand Koi. Take your time, darling, I'm in no rush.” Kissing her lightly, he turned and walked away.
 
Kagome watched him saunter down the hallway before turning back into the bathroom. Staring at the shower, she couldn't help the complete confusion that washed over her. `Did I really just insinuate that I…my god, what has he done? What just happened?' It never dawned on her what he had called her.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*
 
InuYasha laid down in bed, glad to be back in dry clothes. Outside the rain continued to fall, baffling the hanyou as to just why it hadn't snowed. Thunder crackled somewhere in the background and he laughed lowly. He heard the shower shut off as he turned off his light and pulled the blankets up over his hips. `Five…four…three…two…'
 
The door to the room creaked open and a tiny mess of black hair stuck its way through. Glancing straight to the bed, Kagome called, “Inu…”
 
InuYasha lifted up the opposite side of the blanket and nodded to it. “Come on…”
 
Kagome slipped into the room and scurried to his side. Slipping into the bed next to him, she smiled softly. “I feel so childish…”
 
InuYasha wrapped his arms around her and pulled her to his side. “I think… that you are just using these storm to get into my bed…that, or you're manipulating the weather.”
 
Kagome laughed quietly and swatted at his shoulder. “I'm not, you big meanie! I'm just…I hate….”
 
InuYasha kissed her forehead and nuzzled her cheek. “I know, a scaredy-cat.”
 
Kagome made a face and pulled away from him playfully, “I am not!”
 
InuYasha let her go, laughing as she nearly tumbled off the bed. Moving in behind her, he captured her back against his chest and laced her hands around her stomach. His mouth instantly went to her neck. Kissing a very slow path up and down her jugular, he traced his tongue over her ear, nipping at her cartilage. “You sure you're not manipulating something…because baby, sometimes I don't understand how you can get me so twisted around your finger.”
 
Kagome wasn't quite sure what to make of his sudden attention; granted, it felt like heaven to be in his arms with his mouth pressing searing kisses against her skin. For him to admit to her that he was still in love with her was like a dream come true…but was it really going to last? If she slept with him tonight, would she regret it come morning? Would she really be able to back to school? Deciding firmly that this time things would be different, she arched backwards into him, letting her head roll submissively to one side as he worked his magic on her nerves. Breathy moans and sighs ensued, slipping from her lips like a mantra.
 
InuYasha grasped her chin with one hand and turned her face towards him. Lowering his lips to hers, he whispered, “just relax baby, I'm not going to do anything without you agreeing. I don't want to rush you. I'll take care of you…always.”
 
Kagome caught his lips in the passionate kiss, indulging in the taste of him that she had nearly forgotten was so intoxicating, and the feel of his mouth as it worked over hers. She groaned when he pulled back, only to have him press his lips over hers once more in a more demanding kiss. She made the first move, reaching back to run her hand over his hips and up his bare chest. She tried to flip them over but he held his position without wavering, with her trapped against his chest. His hand captured hers and brought her hand back to her stomach. “No baby…this is about you, not me. I want you to relax, to feel comfortable. I don't need anything in return. Just…just let me love you the way I should have years ago.”
 
Kagome moaned, interlacing their fingers together of her right hand and his left. Slowly, she guided his hand under her shirt. “Inu…please…I…”
 
InuYasha lowered his lips to hers, making sure she understood that he knew just what she wanted. Releasing her hand, he brought his left hand up to her throat under her shirt. Running his fingers the length of the frail bones, he dragged his fingers lethargically down the tender skin to trace her collarbone. He kissed her neck as his fingers danced above the two fleshy mounds that were demanding his attention. Gently he traced his fingers over the peaking buds, with a touch as light as a feather. Running his fingers gently in small circles, he had Kagome worked up in a fit in no time. At not point was his touch demanding or needy, it was passionate, understanding…comfortable.
 
Kagome arched with his caresses, her body winding like a spring. Of all the times in the past that they had sex, he had never touched her this way; there had always been a driving need or want, some type of burning thirst that he always needed to extinguish as fast as he could. This time…she could feel just how gentle his soul had become with every touch, how much he loved her with every tweak. She felt like she could orgasm from his attention without anymore.
 
Knowing full well how close she was getting, InuYasha lowered his lips to her ear. “I don't want you to think I'm pushing you.”
 
Kagome gasped at the feel of his breath on her ear, swallowing hard as his tongue flickered out and languidly traced the outline of the appendage. She grasped his left hand with hers and closed her eyes. “Inu…what are you doing to me?”
 
InuYasha smiled into her hair and slid their hands, joined together, down the vale of her stomach and under the waistband of her pants. “Driving you crazy, ne?” His smile widened as Kagome moaned loudly. Tracing her sex with the pad of his finger, he released her hand from his grasp and slipped one finger inside of her. He nearly groaned as her warmth enveloped his hand, reminding him of just how it felt to be inside of her, how well they fit together. Removing the finger, he guided it up to her clit and gently rubbed the bundle of nerves in a small circle.
 
Kagome gasped, her entire body nearly seizing up as one of the most powerful orgasms she ever had ravaged its way through her body. She felt InuYasha tighten his hands around her, his soft words of comfort being whispered into her ear like a daydream…everything suddenly seemed so surreal. She felt her eyes roll back then shut and her entire body slump into the mattress. For the longest time she couldn't talk, she couldn't breathe; she just stared at the back of her eyelids, hardly having the strength to open her eyes.
 
InuYasha kissed the back of her neck, chuckling lowly as her entire body shivered at the gesture, then pulled her tighter into his arms. “I love you, Koi…and I swear I'm going to make these last four years up to you for the rest of our lives.” Closing his eyes, the two found their way into a wonderful dreamland together, as one…as it should have always been.
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Miroku swung his arm around InuYasha's shoulders, laughing as the two trudged their way through the thick crowd. The bar was crowded for the Karaoke night, not including the twenty plus people there for InuYasha to celebrate his twenty-seventh birthday. The smoke lingered in the air, stifling the large bar into a muggy humid climate.
 
InuYasha glanced at Miroku then nodded sternly. “So you got it, right monk?”
 
Miroku laughed, his buzz already taking a toll on his actions. That's probably why he agreed to the crazy ploy of InuYasha's; that…or the fact that he has forgotten to get his best friend a present. Shaking his head, he sighed and ran his hand through his hair. “You sure about this? I'm asking one more time, because I'm buzzed and wouldn't think about doing this! For you to even consider this, you have to be drunk. What the hell are you thinking?”
 
InuYasha shook his head. “I'm not drunk, I haven't had a drink all night. As for being sure, I've never been more sure about anything in my life. It's right…I know it is. And by the Gods, I'm done with waiting!”
 
Reaching the table, he slapped hands with Bankotsu and nodded towards his date and recent fetish, Karron. How the two met was beyond him, and not that he was very happy with it, he kept his mouth shut. They were happy and that's what mattered.
 
All together, they had a ridiculous amount of people at the bar. It was him, Kagome, Rin, Sesshoumaru, Miroku and Sango, Ryen, Kauai, Bankotsu Karron, Kouga and Aayme, and about eight friends from the precinct. Kagome reached over and took his hand when he got back to the table, smiling as he slid in to stand behind he.
 
“So, twenty-seven years old, ey' mutt?”
 
InuYasha turned around and grinned at the black haired stranger. “Yeah, ya mangy wolf…more years then you'll ever see.”
 
Kouga laughed and tightened his hold on his wife. “Kiss my ass, InuKuro, at least I age well.”
 
InuYasha raised an eyebrow. Standing up from his chair, he playfully shoved Kouga. “You want to take this outside?”
 
Kouga laughed and slapped his back. Moving around InuYasha quickly, he planted a soft kiss on Kagome's cheek. “I'm glad to see you back, Kagome. Mutt here has been going nuts without you.”
 
Kagome turned and looked over InuYasha slowly, a teasing smile playing on her lips. “Oh, is that so?”
 
InuYasha laughed and looked to the ground, shoving both of his hands into his pockets. “Well…you know…”
 
Kagome flushed slightly and kissed his cheek again. Wrapping her arm around his, she beamed, “I missed him just as much.”
 
Sesshoumaru leaned over to his brother and tugged once on his arm. “I don't want Rin here much longer. The smoke and the atmosphere can't be good for her.” Lowering his voice to keep the conversation private, he quickly added, “If you're going to do this stupid stunt of yours…”
 
“Blow me, Asshole. Damn, just how did you end up mated? You're so fuckin' annoying!”
 
Bankotsu stood up and stretched, then chugged the rest of his sake. Stumbling a little in his step, he and Miroku flanked together and walked towards the front of the room, InuYasha disappearing out the rear door with a remark of calling the precinct for something. No one noticed him swing around and take a seat at the bar, his right hand fiddling with a small object in his right pocket. Miroku swung around and faced the crowd, picking up the microphone from the DJ as the girl on stage finished a horrid rendition of `Because of You'. Tapping on the microphone a few times, he grimaced as the feedback rang through the bar.
 
“Well…that was horrid. Anyway…howdy all…I'm…” he glanced at Bankotsu then shrugged, “Miroku and this is my buddy Bank. And we're…uhh…”
 
Bankotsu snagged the microphone and thwaped Miroku over the head with his free hand. “Baka.” Turning to the crowd, he flashed a smile that made girl's knees weak. Pulling a rather American southern accent, he drew, “How ya'll doin' out there?” A very dull response was his answer. Clapping his hands together, he dropped the microphone to his side as well as the accent and screamed. “Yo, all you mother fuckers, pay some fuckin' attention! I asked how all you assholes are doing!”
 
Miroku prodded Bankotsu's side then ducked under an incoming beer bottle. “Bankotsu!” he hissed cautiously, “this isn't one of your concerts!”
 
Unfortunately Miroku failed to notice just how close he was speaking to the microphone. Heads turned, girls attentions perked, men stopped talking and soon enough, the entire bar was in a roar over the musician on the stage. Miroku stared at the flabbergasted star next to him and whispered, “I thought…you only did small gigs. How do they all know you?”
 
Bankotsu fought down a furious blush as a bra sailed onto stage, earning a very nasty growl from Karron. The bar broke out in applause as one girl squealed his name. Bankotsu scratched his head and sheepishly grinned at Miroku, “my band has done a few good hits. I don't fuckin' know.” Winking at Miroku, he bought up the microphone and hissed into it, “yeah, yeah…now everyone shut up. I'm here with a friend, who by the way, is getting married in eight days! Oh yes ladies, I apologize, but the stud next to me is off the market. I however…am not…” He ducked under a bottle thrown at him by a rather pissed panther demon and smiled wickedly in her direction. “And am accepting applications from young women after the show. Now…speaking of shows…we're here with a very special song, for an equally special someone out there…” He directed the microphone in the direction of the table.
 
Kagome nudged Karron's shoulder and nodded to the stage. “Think he's talking to you?”
 
Karron tossed her long red hair over her shoulder and chortled dryly. “I doubt it. I think it's from Miroku to Sango.”
 
Both girls turned their attention to Sango, who was staring at Miroku in admiration. Kagome laughed and threw her arms around her friend's shoulders. “Be happy Sango, your man is going to sing for you.”
Sango blushed furiously and chewed on her bottom lip. Glancing at Kagome, she swallowed hard. “Gods…we really are getting married in eight days aren't we.”
 
Kagome nodded and squeezed her friend. “That you are! And it's going to be fan-tabalous.”
 
Rin pushed her way between the girls, pushing Kagome to the outside of the group and slung her arms around both their shoulders. “Ten bucks says that Miroku can't keep with Bankotsu…and that they are both completely wasted.”
 
Sango raised her glass, “I'll drink my water to that…more because I know that they are!”
 
Kagome reached into her pocket and pulled out ten dollars in American currency. “You're on Rin. I think that they are going to do something really amazing.”
 
Rin shook her head and put ten dollars over Kagome's. “I say it's something stupid.”
 
Ryen towered over the huddled group of girls and dropped a twenty on their pile. “I'll see all your bets and raise you ten saying that it's not even them who's going to do something stupid.”
 
Sesshoumaru looked up from his magazine and blinked, then looked around the bar. “Speaking of bakas…where is my brother?”
 
Kagome glanced around then pointed to the door that he had walked out of. “He said he wanted to smoke. Someone should go get him. Something tells me no one should miss this.”
 
Ryen stopped Kagome from getting up and turned her back around on her seat before she could move. “You…just sit here.”
 
Kagome blinked up at Ryen then shrugged and rested her head on his shoulder. “So…you and my mom…when are you gonna marry her?”
 
Ryen glanced over at the opposite table where they sat and swallowed hard. Looking back at Kagome, he stuttered over a few words. “I…I was actually waiting to talk to you about that. But…not now. Later, when we have the whole family together.”
 
Kagome nodded and patted his hand. “You know you have my blessing…just don't hurt her or I'll castrate you.”
 
Ryen scoffed and kissed the top of Kagome's head. “Yeah, you and what army?” With a squeeze to her shoulders, he returned to the table where his future wife sat smiling contently.
 
Kagome watched him walk off then turned her attention back to the party. Noticing Rin and Sango's stares, she smiled, “what? I am so happy that he keeps mom safe. I don't think I could have ever asked for a better person for her.”
 
Sango laughed and slowly shook her head. “Sure, Kagome. Just remember…you'll be dating your step…err…cousin. Eww.”
 
Kagome hit her in the shoulders then flustered at the insinuation. “We're not really dating….”
 
Rin laughed and rubbed her stomach, “Right, and I'm not really pregnant, just fat.”
 
Without looking up from his paper, Sesshoumaru automatically answered, “you're not fat, you're beautiful.”
 
Rin giggled and blew him a kiss, of which he missed. Turning to her friends, she beamed, “Don't I have him trained well?”
 
Miroku tapped on the microphone twice before the music started. The expectation that clouted the air shattered as a rather old Boys to Men song, one that nearly everyone had forgotten about since the prior decade. To see Bankotsu singing to something sappy was a complete shock for everyone; he was mostly known for his punk/ska sound that sometimes bordered rock.
 
Bankotsu held up his microphone, his eyes shining with an emotion that Kagome couldn't place at that moment; it was mimicking wistfulness, there was something more though, something she didn't quite understand. She had seen it in Sango and Miroku and even InuYasha when Sesshoumaru and Rin got married. It was a look of a part of someone's life closing and a new chapter beginning, like having to say goodbye to a long time friend but on good terms. Chewing her lip, her stomach began to churn. What was going on? Bankotsu took a step in front of Miroku and slowly began the hypnotic melody with a voice that could sooth a lion.
 
 
Darling I…I can't explain.
Where do we lose our way,
`Girl it's driving me insane.
And I know I just need one more chance,
to prove my love to you.
 
 
Miroku jumped in to harmonize with Bankotsu, a very similar look in his eyes as well. Together the boys could take down a house, shame any band on the face of the planet; their voices were so synonymous that no one would think that they simply stood up to sing together. Had it been rehearsed? Kagome began to wonder. Just what were they doing? Very vaguely she could remember the song from when it took it's run through Japan, and the words made no sense. What were they sorry for, and just who were they singing to? Over their voices though, and what was driving her crazy, was that she could hear a third harmonizing voice that she wrote off as the background Karaoke machine.
 
Miroku's eyes latched onto Sango's, love and adornment brimming his eyes with unshed tears.
 
And if you come back to me,
I'll guarantee
That I'll never let you go!”
 
 
Both boys stood together and ran over the chorus smoothly, their voices quieting the entire bar so that all the occupants could hear them sing. No one spoke, no one moved, all simply opened their ears and listened. It was as if the world had stopped for them.
 
Can we go back to the days
Our love was strong?
Can you tell me how
a perfect love goes wrong?
Can somebody tell me
How to get things back,
The way they used to be
Oh god, give me the reason
I'm down on bended knee.”
 
 
Miroku once again stepped back away from Bankotsu, flashing him a smile that was full of anxiety. His eyes flashed to the back of the room to fast for Sango to catch onto but she had a feeling she knew where this was going. Bankotsu's voice never wavered though his eyes seemed to lock onto someone in the back of the room as he continued to sing.
 
“So many nights I dream of you
Holding my pillow tight
I know I don't need to be alone”
 
 
Both boys bowed their heads, their microphones coming to rest at their ribs, yet another voice prevailed. Murmurs filled the bar, all beginning to wonder just who the third voice was and what kind of sham the boys were pulling. Had they been simply lip singing to the preset lyrics? From the pristine voice that filled the room, all would have thought so; that is, all but Kagome. Her back ridged, her eyes wide and her lips slightly parted, she looked like she had just seen a ghost…or more so…simply heard a ghost. It was just that, a ghost whisper from the past, a memory that was far and few between. She had only heard him sing like this once, but it had been so remarkable that it left a sonic imprint on her soul, searing the memory closed in it's own little bubble that she had called upon many nights that she had spent by herself, alone in her tiny apartment.
 
Footsteps fell with the beats as the mystery singer continued to sing, and came to a stop behind Kagome. Kagome suddenly found herself turned in her chair to face InuYasha on his knees in front of her. His eyes were wide, slightly dilated, sparkling with some hidden secret, some hidden meaning that only she was supposed to understand. Peering into his soul, she found herself hypnotized not for the first time since she had returned. Her eyes closed as his voice washed over her, cleansing her soul permanently of all of their past errors. He was begging her…pleading with her. He was seeking redemption for her sins.
 
 
“When I open up my eyes
To face reality
Ever moment without you
It seems like eternity
I'm begging you, begging you
Come back to me!”
 
 
Bankotsu and Miroku jumped off the small stage, wandering their way back to InuYasha. They helped him to his feet without missing a beat, the three voices coming together in perfect unison.
 
 
 
“Can we go back to the days our love strong?
Can you tell me how a prefect love goes wrong?
Can somebody tell me how to get things back,
The way they used to be
Oh god, give me the reason
I'm down on bended knee. “
 
 
InuYasha reached down and gently traced Kagome's jaw line with two fingers, his eyes darkening in an emotion that Kagome hardly ever had seen portrayed by his normally gruff face. Sorrow, regret, the absolute emptying of his soul at her feet…he was giving her everything he had left, offering her everything that there was available. He was offering himself to her one last time. Whispering the words to the song that really reflected everything he felt in his heart, he uttered,
 
 
“I'll never walk again
Until you come back to me
I'm down on bended knees.
 
 
Grasping onto her hands, InuYasha slowly lifted Kagome from the chair and dragged her to the middle of the room. Fully aware that all eyes were on him, he slowly spun the girl in a circle then pulled her in to dance with him slowly, their foreheads pressed together, each trying to hold back the dam full of tears that was threatening to break. After the instrumental part of the song was over, InuYasha held onto Kagome's hands and stared her deep in her eyes. He licked his lips, finding his mouth suddenly drier then any desert on Earth.
 
He had struggled for weeks to find just how to tell her how he felt. It had actually been a joke running between him and Bankotsu in the office to `say it with a song'. Bankotsu had nearly blown his top when InuYasha agreed that it would be the best way to talk to her. Getting Bankotsu to go along with the plan had been harder then he first thought, but in the end, InuYasha never doubted that his friend would back him up.
 
“I'm gonna swallow my pride, say I'm sorry
Stop pointin' finger the blame is on me
I want a new life and I want it with you
If you feel the same don't ever let it go
You got believe in the spirit of love
It will heal all things you won't hurt anymore
No I don't believe our love's terminal
I'm down on my knees begging you please.”
 
 
Miroku threw his arm over InuYasha's shoulder, backing him a step up from Kagome as the first tear dripped down her face. But this time, unlike the last four years, the tears that graced her features were those of happiness, those of content. She had found her place back in his heart and she had never felt more loved. With a smile and kissing his hands before they were pulled from her, she fought down the onslaught of tears.
 
“Can we go back to the days our love strong?
Can you tell me how a prefect love goes wrong?
Can somebody tell me how to get things back,
The way they used to be
Oh god give me the reason
I'm down on bended…
Down on bended knee.”
 
 
InuYasha pulled himself away from Miroku and stalked toward Kagome. Reaching her, he grabbed her hands and stared into her eyes, searching for anything, everything…searching for the part of him that was lost inside of her; a part of him that he had given her eight years prior. He could hear the gasp of the audience, but they were beyond him. Somewhere in the back chambers of his mind, he could hear Miroku and Bankotsu trudging on with the song, finishing the ballad without him. Bringing his lips to hers, he whispered, “I love you…so much…I'm so sorry.”
 
Kagome kissed him back with enough fire to ignite a bonfire. Between the kisses that seemed to consume her soul, she whispered huskily, “I love you so much! Don't you dare apologize! I'm so sorry…we should never of lost those years.”
 
He caught the last wisps of the song and gathered all the courage he had left. Staring at her, he finished slowly, talking more to her then the microphone, “I'll never walk again. Until you back to me…” Dropping to one knee, InuYasha caught Kagome's left hand and slid his hand over hers. “I'm down, on bended…knee”.
 
Kagome dropped to her knees next to him; she threw herself into his chest. Sobbing in the middle of the dance floor, she finally felt complete in his arms. Closing her eyes, she whispered, “I love you so much, Inu…I never want to leave your side! I don't care what it takes…I love you!”
 
InuYasha grasped at the back of her head, pulling her into his arms and never daring to let go. They clung to each other as if death itself was trying to separate them. They stayed stationary, stuck to each other for moments after the song ended, never once daring to wonder just how many eyes were on them. Finally, he pulled back and smoothed over her tears with his fingers and kissed her cheeks. “So…is that a yes?”
 
Kagome wiped her eyes quickly, confusion beginning to clout her face. “What? An answer to…” She paused, her breath catching in her throat. It was the first glimmer of light that reflected from her hand, which brought her attention to the rock that was on her left ring finger. It was a simple white-gold band that housed about a carat and a half worth of diamonds on an elegant tear dropped setting. Lifting her eyes, she barreled into him, knocking them both to the floor. “Of course it is. Yes! Oh my god! Inu!”
 
InuYasha closed his eyes, kissing the top of her head over and over. “Baby…I'm so sorry. I can't say that enough. But this time…this time we'll do it right! We'll be okay!
Kagome smiled, looking at the diamond on her finger, as tears blurred her vision. InuYasha stood up, suddenly aware of the clapping that had engulfed the room. Standing, he caught her in his arms and carried her back to the table, pausing only to grab his wallet.
 
Sango and Rin couldn't even formulate words as the hanyou swept by with their friend. Rin finally managed to get out, “uhh…did he just?”
 
Ryen reached over their heads and swept the money off the table. Pocketing it, he winked at the startled girls, “told ya so.”
 
Sango sputtered for a moment before turning to her fiancé. “You knew about this?”
 
Bankotsu took a swig from his beer before snapping, “no, we just started singing a song in perfect pitch and our friend just decided, hell, let me pick any random moment to propose. I swear, either I'm getting smarter or you're an idiot.”
 
Sango blinked twice then bit her tongue. Unable to help but snap back, she quickly replied, “I guess you're right, for once. You're now one step above pond scum. You're on you way to the top Bank! Just a few decades more to go before you can be considered a dick!”
 
“Speaking of dicks, don't you have one you should be sucking?”
 
Sango's mouth dropped open in indignation as Miroku quickly stepped in. smacking his friend in the shoulder, he fussed, “Bankotsu, I've warned you in the past about talking to Sango like that! Just don't provoke her!”
 
Bankotsu pouted for a moment before taking another swig of beer. “Damnit…and here I though we were all having a randy ole' time! Blast woman, do I need to get a sign to hang from your forehead `do not feed the animals!'?”
 
Sango moved to get around Miroku, who had restrained her as Bankotsu began his rant. “I'll give you a fuckin' sign, Bank…just wait!”
 
Bankotsu winked at Sango and sat back in his chair. “Twenty bucks says he nails her outside in the car.”
 
Rin reached into her wallet then turned to Ryen. “Yo, lend me back my money, I have a good bet going!”
 
Ryen scratched his head then dropped the forty from before on the table. “My twenty says that he waits until they are at least halfway home.”
 
Rin laughed and claimed the other twenty in Ryen's hand. “My twenty says that he waits until she's ready…which I give her until tomorrow.”
 
Miroku tossed on a twenty as well, laughing the entire time. “I say he waits until after the wedding, when they can have personal time.”
 
Another twenty was dropped on the top of the pile and all heads turned. “I say he waits until all the assholes are done betting over when he's going to get laid and get a real life…”
 
Sango flashed the hanyou a sheepish grin, her eyes flickering to the girl next to him. “We…thought you two left.”
 
Kagome pointed to the bar, her face cherry red. “We were…getting drinks.”
 
An uneasy quiet swept over the room until Kagome's mother stood up and embraced her daughter. “Congratulations!”
 
It was a chain effect. Everyone at the table burst into loud talk and congratulatory remarks. Kagome flashed InuYasha a smile and they managed to lace their hands together, regardless of people trying to pull them in different directions to talk. And together they would stay.
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*
 
 
Sango chewed on her bottom lip, her eyes tightly closed, and then hurled the bouquet backwards behind her head. She heard a whole bunch of shouting and whirled around. Kagome was holding the bouquet high above Eri's head, who was gently pounding away at her midsection trying to physically make her lower the flowers. Kagome was laughing loudly, her hair slightly disheveled.
 
Sango paraded over to the two, her white kimono shimmering in the florescent light and pried Eri off Kagome. “Sorry…Kag wins!”
 
Eri rested her hands on her extended mid section and pouted, “no fair! She's engaged!”
 
 
Kagome stuck out her tongue playfully and hugged the other girl, “so are you silly!”
 
Sango shrugged, “she has a point! Kagome is victorious!”
 
Kagome shouted and fisted the air before hugging Sango. Working her way back to the table, she placed a soft kiss on InuYasha's lips. “Did I win that bet?”
 
InuYasha kissed the girl back and laughed as her eyes flickered over the tiny pot of money the boys had started as a flower pool. “Nah…my money was on Eri.” Brining his mouth closer to her ear, he whispered, “She's desperate!”
 
Kagome smacked his shoulder then kissed his cheek and waded back out onto the dance floor. Miroku grabbed Kagome's hand and held it up. Taking the microphone from the DJ, he shouted, “now we need all of our single bachelors out here who are willing to compete against InuYasha for a chance to grope…I mean…place this…” he held up the baby blue garter and waggled his eyebrows, “on her leg…or thigh…” hearing InuYasha's dark growl, he quickly added, “leg.”
 
Very few men wandered onto the dance floor at first; namely Houjo, InuYasha and Bankotsu. Kouga stood on the sidelines, playfully attempting to pull off his wedding ring to get onto the floor while Aayme was screaming at him. InuYasha and Bankotsu were busy sizing up Houjo to miss the other five guys who joined in. Miroku took one glance behind him then shouted, “Come on guys…pay some attention.”
 
The garter hit the ceiling with the first throw and was plucked out of mid air by Bankotsu, a second before InuYasha could grab it. If looks could kill…
 
Bankotsu laughed at his friend then sauntered to the middle of the dance floor. Grabbing Kagome by her waist, he spun her around twice to the sappy music that was playing in the background.
 
Miroku exchanged nervous glances with Sango before cautiously advancing on his friends. “Okay…well, then….err…Kagome…you're going to sit here.” Pulling out a chair, Kagome took her seat. Turning to Bankotsu, he nodded to in front of Kagome and muttered, “behave or I'm sure InuYasha will fry you alive!”
 
Bankotsu sniffed loudly then sighed, “mmm…got to love the smell of charred flesh.” He flashed a wolfish smile at Miroku then dropped to his knees in front of Kagome. “Let's see what has my friend so hooked. Spread them, gorgeous!”
 
“Oi! That's my fiancée you asshole!” InuYasha stood close enough to grab Bankotsu by his neck if need be.
 
Bankotsu flipped him off then took Kagome's right ankle in his left hand. Lifting her leg he slipped the garter over her foot and up her ankle. Keeping it professional, he lifted the garter just above her knee before removing his hands from under her dress. He helped her stand and both did a short bow before laughing and giving each other a quick hug.
 
InuYasha stood next to Miroku watching the entire interaction. “So…you're married now, ey' monk?”
 
Miroku laughed and nodded. “Oh, that's something I wanted to tell you. I registered online to become an official. I can marry people now.”
 
InuYasha's eyebrows disappeared under his hairline as he chuckled lightly. “That's just what we need. Couples beware! He'll test your wife for you before the wedding!”
 
Miroku punched his shoulder and laughed. “You know what I mean. And why would I ever engage in such…activities?” he grinned at the deadpanned expression from his long time friend. “So what about you two, when are you going to…?”
 
InuYasha shrugged. “We're not sure. I'm going back to California with her for a year for her last semester and internship then we're going to decide where to live. She wants to move overseas for a while, somewhere in Europe. I'm thinking Italy…I think she agrees. Maybe for a year or two.”
 
Miroku smiled sadly, the reality of the situation lingering over them heavily. “We really are all splitting up.”
 
InuYasha shrugged, “it would only be for a little bit. And hell dude, it ain't like we're not rich enough to go see each other. All you need to do is reach into that small fortune you're saving.”
 
Miroku shrugged, “I'm saving it for a rainy day.”
 
“To what, buy a country?”
 
“No…just a really nice house.”
 
InuYasha smiled and put his arm over Miroku's shoulders. “You ready to do your speech?”
 
Miroku nodded and cracked his neck. “Wish me luck…”
 
Walking to the front of the room, Miroku hooked his arm around Sango's waist and pulled her to his side. Taking the microphone, he coughed once. “I would love it people would pay a little more attention to the groom, I swear I won't steal the spot light much longer. I would just like to again extend our warmest thanks for all of you coming out today, to see us get married. Me…getting married…its kind of funny. I'd love to say a few words, if you would all hear me out for a moment.”
 
Bankotsu, who was sitting next to InuYasha and Kagome decided to shout, “Boo! Let the chick talk! She's more entertaining.”
 
Miroku smiled like the Cheshire cat. “That she is. For those who didn't know me in high school…the thought of marriage never came into the picture. I was…different…not really accepted by many…because of rumors that were completely unfounded.”
 
Sango laughed and shoved his shoulders lightly, “you were a lecher and you still are, you perv!”
 
Miroku flushed and kissed her nose. “Maybe…but I'll tell you. From the first day that my dear lady Sango called my name…everything has changed. From hearing her remember me in the locker room…” the room broke out in laughter. “No…I'm serious, we were reunited in the girls locker room due to my wonderful best friend, who at the time I was sure was insane! But since then, I've been a reformed man.”
 
“Liar!”
 
Miroku flipped Ryen off. “Sango, my love…you are my life. And I don't get to say it enough; I love you…so much! Without you, nothing would be worth living. All I can think of when I wake up is getting to see your face and know that for some reason, you picked me to spend your life with. And I can only hope that I'll live up to each and every one of your expectations and when you have our six children…”
 
Sango choked on her champagne.
 
“…That you'll look back and know that you walked into the locker room at just the right time. Sango; you are my best friend…you are my soul mate…you are my everything…and now, you're also my wife. I truly believe that today I have reached Nirvana.” Lowering his lips, he kissed Sango chastely.
 
Sango wrapped her arms around Miroku's neck and jumped into his arms. Kissing him deeply, she murmured, “I think it's time for us to start our honeymoon.”
 
Miroku kissed her and nodded to InuYasha. “Take it away, guy!”
 
InuYasha glanced up at the clock then at his friends. “Damnit, wait a minute! You guys still have an hour!”
 
Sango pulled her lips away from Miroku for a moment to shout, “we're sure you can handle it! Make us proud!”
 
InuYasha watched the two make a hasty retreat then chuckled. Arms wrapped around his waist and he let his head roll back to plant a loud kiss on Kagome's cheek. “Well…another set of our friends are married. I think we're next, Princess.”
 
Kagome rested her head on his shoulder, a smile on her face. “I guess we are.”
 
Rin and Sesshoumaru walked up to their side, pausing to glance at the door. “Where did those two go?”
 
“Early honeymoon…”
 
“Want to get a kick start on the expeditions…”
 
Rin laughed and nodded towards the presents. “We'll gather those together at the end to take back to their place.” She grabbed Kagome's hand and dragged her towards the bathrooms; “I have to borrow her for just a second.”
 
Turning the corner, Rin bombarded Kagome with questions. “When are you two getting married? How many kids? What is going on? And you have to tell me; just how was the make up sex?”
 
Kagome laughed and stopped Rin in her tracks. “Okay. First, we're not getting married until I'm out of school and done with my interning. We're not talking of kids yet, we want to live our lives together; we lost a lot of time. Ano…not much is going on, we're heading back to the states tomorrow afternoon…and we haven't had sex yet. We're working on it.”
 
Rin dug her pinky into her ear and shook her head. “I'm sorry…I must have lost some part of my hearing because I know I'm not hearing you right. You haven't had sex? What the hell, Kagome? You two were like rabbits!”
 
Kagome nodded slowly, “you're right…but sometimes people need to step back and really evaluate life. We're doing what's important right now, which is being together.”
 
Rin's eyes misted over as she embraced her friend. “Gods I'm going to miss you!”
 
Kagome nodded and hugged Rin back. “I'll miss you too!”
 
Wiping away black tears, Rin asked carefully, “Will you two come out to visit?”
 
Kagome chuckled lightly and nodded. “InuYasha is already talking about over spring break taking me to the east coast to go to the beach. So I'll see you in three months.”
 
Rin hugged Kagome again, wiping her mascara away. “You take good care of him! You're both still fragile from all of this, and taking him to a new place can be traumatic.”
 
Kagome nodded, “yeah…but we're going to be okay…I know it.” she looked over her back and smiled at her fiancé. “I know what I want, and who I want to be with. There isn't a doubt in my mind about it. I love him, Rin…and by the gods, I've missed him so much. I don't know how I've lived these past four years.”
 
Rin nodded slowly, “I understand.” seeing Sesshoumaru beckoning her, she kissed Kagome on both cheeks, “I'll miss you chicky! You better call me!”
 
Kagome held onto Rin's hands a little longer then added, “Don't worry Rin…you still got one more wedding to go before we have issues getting together! But I'm sure together, we can make everything work. Who cares about distance when you're family?”
 
Rin smiled sadly and loosened her grasp on Kagome's hands. “Family…yes…I guess we are now. One big happy wed family!”
 
She couldn't have been more right.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Okay, that was much longer then I first thought. See…a raspberry to those who didn't think I would let inu and kag be together. ^__^;; hehe. J/k. anyway, one more chapter to go. I can't say when it will be up. I'm going out of town for a week and had to push to finish this before I went.
 
 
For those who don't know, I posted a new story on both mm.org and ff.net. it's entitled Harusume (spring rain). It's going to be a slower work then `COTD' was, but I'll be writing another in the mean time as well, to make up for how `different' this one is. For those interested, Harusume is an inu/kag fic. Sessh is, however, Kagome's best friend. (I know it's awkward, just trust Me. I've made people cry with the basic overview of the story, let alone actually reading it).
 
 
-Anyway, mucho love for all of you still with me out there! Ciao babes!