InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Heart Within The Beast ❯ The Secret Jewel ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Heart Within The Beast
 
Chapter Two- The Secret Jewel
 
It was a hot summer evening and Inuyasha was inside a village inn, drinking sake with the men of the village. He was ignoring the men surrounding him, thinking their conversations were quite unworthy of his attention. “...I can't believe how many demons are coming into the village!”
“Yes, it is very strange. You would think the queen and her priestesses would prefer fewer demons.”
“The queen is very busy.”
“Doing what?”, scoffed a man. “Haven't you heard? The queen is the sole protector of the sacred jewel.”
“What on earth is that?”
“I've heard of it!”, yelled a man, excitedly. The men turned to look at the speaker.
“The jewel of four souls, as it is otherwise called, is said to give immense power to whoever holds it, and can grant your any wish. I hear it can increase a demon or human's power to ten fold.” Most of the men in the room were listening and joining in to the conversation now, including Inuyasha. Inuyasha leaned in and listened very carefully.
“Is the queen's power truly something to be feared? Does she live up to her duties of protecting the jewel?”
“From what I've heard, she is the only person who has touched the jewel for 400 years. She is the only protector and will not give the jewel to anyone.”
“If no one else has touched the jewel for 400 years, does this mean the queen is... immortal?”
“Yes, the queen uses the power of the sacred jewel to keep herself alive.”
“Does the Queen have many body guards or protectors of her own? I can imagine that many would like to have this awesome power in which you men speak.” The men looked at Inuyasha in surprise. `Well no, actually, few people know about the jewel. and she does a fairly good job on her own, doesn't she? Its been safe for at leas 400 years.”
“True that.” said Inuyasha a little disapointed.
 
 
In the orchard, three days later, Kagome was picking fruit from the various trees, as Inuyasha sat beside her, brooding. After a while, Kagome looked over at Inuyasha and kindly said, “What is it, dear.” Inuyasha looked at her, not about to say what was on his mind. Or was he?” Inuyasha was struck with a sudden stroke of genius. He sighed theatrically. “Oh my dear, I was thinking of my poor grandmother. She has fallen ill and is close to her death. Her last wish is to see this peculiar object that I have never heard of before, called the jewel of four souls.” Kagome overflowed with happiness at the thought of helping Inuyasha. “Oh, I know exactly where that is!” Inuyasha smiled at her sweetly, his insides screaming with joy and greed. Kagome looked in the direction of the queen's castle, thinking what to do next. “Don't worry, my dear. I shall have the jewel in your hands by sunrise tomorrow.” Sneering with joy of his ingenious plan, Inuyasha went off to see Kikyo.
 
As Kikyo lay panting on Inuyasha's chest, Inuyasha was thinking. He thought perhaps this was a good time to bring up the subject. “Kikyo, my sweet angel, I have a small problem. I wish I could give you more pleasure.” “Oh Inuyasha, what are you talking about?” Inuyasha rolled his eyes at her stupidity, and pointed down to where their bodies joined. “No, no, no Inuyasha. You do perfect, already. If you were any larger, it might hurt, and I would scream, and I do not wish to annoy you.” Inuyasha kept on his concerned expression, but thought to himself, “Well, you already are pretty annoying.” “Well it would make me happy to see you happy, my dear Kikyo.” There was a moment of silence as Kikyo thought this over. “Oh my! If it feels good now, think of how good it would feel, larger.” “Inuyasha honey, how do you wish to fulfill this deed?” “Well, I read in a scroll that the power of something called the sacred jewel has the power to grant any wish you desire.” Kikyo's eyes turned dark as she lustfully thought about the jewel and what it would bring. “Inuyasha, I can bring you this jewel that you desire.” said the maiden, seductively. “Oh Kikyo, my lover. Would you do this for me?” Kikyo replied, “I will have it for you at sunrise”. Inuyasha thanked her, forgetting that Kagome gave him the same promise.