InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Last of the Inu-youkai ❯ A Few Days Later ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note: Okay, this is my second update today so you can have more to read. Sorry if I forgot to thank you for your reviews but I'm still straightening things out on my fanfic. And I'm still waiting for my other fanfic to be given back from my friend who had wanted to read it since she doesn't have the internet.
 
 
 
 
Chapter 3~Sesshoumaru's Castle~
 
A Few Days Later......
Jessica woke up and found her wounds dressed. She pushed herself up to see where she was. She sat upon a cot on the floor and the moon shone in weakly as the morning light began to show up. She was dressed in the stark white under kimono. Her body ached from the wounds from the attack.
She could smell other youkai and very few humans from her room and she could hear the soft patter of feet outside the door. It wasn't till the sun shone that Sesshoumaru came and found her awake.
"You're not Inu no taishou," was the first thing she said to him.
"I may not be him but I am his son," Sesshoumaru replied coldly.
"He mentioned you once while he was at my home."
"Is that so?"
"So who are you anyway?"
"My name is Lord Sesshoumaru."
He began to search through bundles of clothing that sat nearby and pulled out a light blue kimono that had dark pink and blue flowers embroidered on it. He also selected an under kimono for that that was light pink.
"Rin will be here in a short while to help you, so don't leave."
With that he left her with the clothing on her lap. Loud thumping footsteps resounded as he left. A young girl rushed in and closed the door. A lopsided ponytail sat on top of her head. She smiled brightly.
"Ohayou!"
"Eh......ohayou," Jessica replied tentatively.
Rin quickly helped her and rushed to lead her to her friend, Kate, who was enjoying being spoiled. Kate was dressed in an elaborate lavender kimono. She greeted her formally.
"Had a nice nap, Sleeping Beauty," Kate asked as she got up.
Rin ran off to play, or rather, to annoy Jaken. Jessica pulled at her hair with a comb that Rin had given her.
"Shut it. I don't want to hear anything from you today," Jessica replied.
Jessica's pink-edged hair fell down her back glistening. Sesshoumaru appeared behind her.
"I request that you come to my study so we can set things straight," he told them.
Jessica pushed her bangs back from her face as she turned to face him. The silver rims around the edge of her iris gleamed.
"Then lead us to your study," she said to him heatedly.
"You would learn better to hold your tongue young Inu-youkai."
Kate gave her a warning look after Sesshoumaru told her that. He turned and headed toward his study. What the hell are you doing, Kate asked her mentally. Jessica just shook her head. Sesshoumaru watched out of the corner of his eye. He opened the door to his study and left it open for them to close. They stayed close behind. He sat down at a desk and beckoned them to sit on the cushions in front of it.
"Where do you come from and how do you know of my father?"
Jessica smirked.
"When we were pups he came to form an alliance with our fathers. They agreed and soon after our clans were attacked by lesser youkai," Kate supplied.
"He did mention you though while he was there," Jessica said to him.
"So my father went to your country. And where is that?"
"East across the ocean," Jessica told him.
"Are there any of your clans left?"
"No. They all perished," Kate said bowing her head in misery.
The room was in uncomfortable silence. Then Sesshoumaru decided to break it.
"I see. Since you two are of Inu-taiyoukai decendance, you can stay here. However you shall be called on when you are needed to perform a task for the castle. Have you learned to swordfight?"
The question had left the girls uncomfortable.
"No. Only of hand to hand but that was child's play," inquired Jessica.
"Then tomorrow you will meet with your instructor. I will allow you two to wander as you please on this manor. Do not venture outside these walls."
With a wave of his hand he dismissed them. Kate and Jessica walked out of the room and separated so they could cover more ground. Kate found the library and of course dove into the volumes of history. Jessica found the gardens. A memory of her mother surfaced when she saw a sakura tree in the middle of the garden. She quietly made her way toward it and settled underneath.
Sesshoumaru watched as the young Inu-youkai settled under tree from his window. Women are so confusing to us male youkai and just as unpredictable as the human females, he thought to himself as he returned to his duties.
Jessica drew her knees to her chest and laid her head heavily on her crossed arms. She fell asleep as the blossoms fell from the tree and settled in her hair. Hours passed as she slept and the sun began to set. The moon rose in the afternoon light and got brighter as the sun faded. Sesshoumaru decided to wake her after he realized she had missed dinner and should be in her room, preparing to sleep. He softly left his his study and gone outside. by then, the sun had sunk below the horizon and the stars were filling the skies with their everlasting light.
"Jessica."
She didn't wake when he called her by her name. He gently shook her. She started as if she was being attacked but settled when she saw the taiyoukai beside her.
"I guess I fell asleep," she said bashfully.
"Is there something troubling your mind?"
Sesshoumaru's question struck her full-force. She had been dreaming of the attack when she was awakened. She shook her head. She could feel something from him, a bit of gentleness, but.....there was something blocking it, keeping him from showing warmth and friendliness to others. She shrugged it off and started for her room. He did as well.
When she got to her room Kate was waiting for her.
"I saw you out there with him."
"With who?"
"Lord Sesshoumaru."
"Oh, him. So?"
"You like him don't you?"
The question made Jessica stop. She blushed.
"No I don't."
"Then why are you blushing?"
"Because you embarassed me."
Sesshoumaru heard the girls arguing from his room. Was it wise to place two females so close to my own room? He finally grew tired of the arguing and got up.
"If you two want to fight you can do that tomorrow. Stave off your arguments for tomorrow."
He left as quickly as he had come. Kate gave a glare before stalking off to her room. Jessica slipped into her own. He felt satisfied for tonight.
 
 
 
Vandreador: Thanks! This is my second update today so you have more to read.