InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The New Student and Kagome's Secret ❯ Chapter 27: Secrets, Violence, and Bath Time ( Chapter 27 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

A/N: Please forgive me for not updating! A guy I was kind of dating was fighting in Iraq and I just recently received news that he has been shot. I have been pretty upset about it so I haven't really felt much like writing. Thanks for your patience! Here is the next chapter! He is coming home in a couple of days so I don't know when I will get the next one out but I will guarantee that it will be up within another week! Sorry again guys!

Chapter 27

Kagome looked at Sango in confusion. She had no idea why Inuyasha was being so secretive…and with Miroku of all people. Sango shook her head.

"Leave them be," Sango said. "I have no idea what is going on, but apparently it's none of our business." Kagome nodded.

"I know," Kagome said. "It's just…they have been gone for quite some time now and I am worried about Inuyasha's wounds. They reopened." Sango hadn't thought of that. She too began to get a little worried.

"Well, why don't you go to them. Even if Inuyasha refuses to go, Miroku will see to it that he has his wounds looked at again," Sango said with a smile. Kagome smiled.

"Okay," Kagome said and stood up. She grabbed her bow and arrows. "I'll be back in a little bit." Sango nodded and watched Kagome walk away.

Meanwhile, Inuyasha and Miroku were still talking. For a while they said nothing, but Inuyasha broke the silence.

"Kouga said my lands border his," Inuyasha said. "We shouldn't be too far off then." Inuyasha sighed. "I have to admit that I am interested in seeing if things have changed." Miroku looked at Inuyasha. He knew Inuyasha was referring to the people of his old city rather than the landscape.

"Well, Inuyasha," Miroku began. "Some things do change. Sometimes the change is good and sometimes the change is bad. I'm sure you will make the right decision. Should you choose to be the Lord of the Western Lands and things aren't the way they should be, you will find the strength to make things right again." Inuyasha had to smile to himself. He had to admit that the monk could give some pretty good advice despite being a lecher.

"I do have one question, Inuyasha," Miroku said. "When are you going to tell Kagome and Sango that you are the heir of the Western Lands?" Inuyasha sighed.

"Not until I absolutely have to," Inuyasha said. "I don't want to complicate things. This is a decision that I have to make. There is no sense bringing Kagome and Sango into until it is necessary." Inuyasha's thoughts drifted to Kagome. "Miroku, I want someone to be with Kagome at all times from here on out. Kouga and his men will soon be lurking in the shadows just waiting for the opportunity to take her." Miroku nodded.

"I agree," Miroku said. "But what about when she takes a bath?"

*WHAM *

"IF YOU THINK THAT YOU ARE BATHING WITH HER YOU LECHER, YOU CAN FORGET IT!!!" Inuyasha shouted after pummeling Miroku.

"Ow! Hey, I was just asking! I wasn't referring to me bathing with her! Ow!" Miroku said shielding his body from Inuyasha's punches. Inuyasha relaxed a little and folded his arms in his haori.

"Sango will bath with her and we will not be far from them," Inuyasha explained. "We will allow the girls their privacy, but will be within hearing distance in case something happens." Miroku nodded.

"Sounds good to me," Miroku said with an evil grin. Inuyasha looked at Miroku out of the corner of his eye.

"Don't even think about it, monk! Sango may be your girlfriend, but if you are peeking on her, you will be peeking on Kagome, and that is not going to happen! Got it?!" Inuyasha said threatening Miroku with his fists.

"Yeah, okay," Miroku said gulping.

"Besides," Inuyasha said with a smile. "Sango wouldn't like it if you were peeping on her anyway! It looks like I am just going to have to protect Kagome from Kouga and Sango from you!!!" Miroku smiled.

"Hey, I can't help it!" Miroku said with a laugh.

"Inuyasha?"

Inuyasha and Miroku turned around to see Kagome coming towards them. She was alone.

"Kagome! What are you doing out here by yourself?" Inuyasha scolded. Kagome stopped in her tracks.

"I-I…was coming to check on you. Your wounds reopened," she explained.

"I'm fine," Inuyasha huffed.

"No you're not!" Kagome shouted. Miroku looked at Inuyasha.

"She's right," Miroku said. "You at least need to let her take a look at your wounds."

"Feh! I told you I'm fine!" Inuyasha retorted folding his arms in his haori and looking away. Kagome balled her fists at her side.

"We don't have time for this, Inuyasha!" Kagome shouted. Kagome walked over to Inuyasha and hit him on the head.

"Ow! What the hell was that for?" he asked.

"Bad dog!" Kagome said scolding him with her finger. Miroku started laughing, but a quick warning glare from Inuyasha made him stop. Kagome couldn't hold it in either. She started laughing causing Miroku to laugh again. Inuyasha stood up, his face beet red with anger.

"Aw, come on, Inuyasha!" Kagome said. "I was only playing and besides, you were being a bad dog!" Inuyasha growled at her. She reached up and began petting his head. Inuyasha's growl soon turned into a purr. When he realized what he was doing, he swatted her hand away.

"Fine! Just do your doctoring and then leave me alone!" Inuyasha said angrily. Kagome laughed, but was slightly hurt by his comment. Did he really not want her company? Kagome smiled and walked next to Inuyasha.

"Okay," she said as she followed him. Miroku shook his head. `Inuyasha puts on such a tough image when he is around Kagome,' Miroku thought. He stood and followed the couple until they had finally reached Sango and the others. Sango stood to greet them. She smiled.

"I see you three finally decided to return," Sango said with a smile. Shippo yawned and stretched. Kagome bent over and picked up the little kitsune. Shippo looked up at her and smiled. He then nuzzled his head into her chest. They all should be tired after a night like that. Kagome looked at Inuyasha. Blood was all over him. His wounds needed attention and his clothes looked horrible. She looked around at everyone else. Inuyasha wasn't the only one. Everyone looked tired and dirty. She took a deep breath. She knew Inuyasha wasn't going to like what she had to say.

"I have made a decision," Kagome said. "We all will stay here another night."

"WHAT!!!!!" Inuyasha shouted nearly toppling over. "No! We can't! We have to move on!" Kagome frowned.

"Inuyasha!" she said turning away. "We can't go on. Look at everyone. We all are dirty and exhausted. We didn't even sleep last night!" Inuyasha frowned and whirled around, growling with flexed claws. `That will give Kouga even more time to catch up to us,' Inuyasha thought. `We can't stay here. I can't risk it!'

"No, Kagome!" Inuyasha said sternly. "We are moving on!"

"You are not going anywhere!" Kagome said. "You most of all need your rest! There could be battles ahead and I don't want you getting hurt again!"

"But…"

"End of discussion, Inuyasha!" Kagome said sternly. "Or I will not move a step!" Inuyasha sighed. He had to admit that his wounds were killing him. Kouga's injuries were slightly more severe than his, but he had a maintain a tough disposition so Kagome wouldn't worry and Kouga wouldn't think he had gotten the better of him. `Kouga's full demon,' Inuyasha thought. `I am only half. Therefore, our healing times should be about the same since his wounds are more severe. We will have to leave first thing tomorrow morning whether I am healed or not.' He looked at Kagome. Her eyes pleaded with him. She crept closer to him.

"Please, Inuyasha," she said softly. "We are human. You can stand this stuff longer than we can." He looked away from her and growled.

"Fine!" Inuyasha said folding his arms. "But you have to promise me that we will leave first thing in the morning!"

"Thank you, Inuyasha," Kagome said flinging herself on him. She hugged him tight and then let go. A light blush spread across Inuyasha's cheeks.

"Feh!" he said looking away from the others.

"Well, let's head back to the cave," Sango said gathering up a few things. Everyone nodded and began walking back to the cave. Miroku and Inuyasha lagged behind.

"Stupid Kagome," Inuyasha muttered under his breath. Miroku smiled.

"Kagome is right, Inuyasha. You need your strength in case Kouga does come soon," Miroku whispered.

"Feh!" Inuyasha said. He knew Miroku was right. He would need to have his strength when Kouga comes.

They finally arrived at the cave. Kagome and Sango set their weapons down. Kagome set Shippo down gently so as not to disturb him in his sleep. She then stretched and looked at Sango.

"Bath time?" she queried.

"Bath time!" Sango said with a nod. "The hot spring I got Inuyasha's water from will be perfect." Kagome nodded. Sango grabbed her bath supplies, which included a towel, shampoo, conditioner, and soap. Sango smiled at Kagome. Kagome and Sango were sure to bring just enough bath supplies for everyone. They had to use it sparingly and take as few baths as possible. The two girls beamed, excited about the bath they were about to take.

"We'll be back soon," Kagome said to Inuyasha and Miroku. Inuyasha and Miroku exchanged glances.

"Uh…wait!" Miroku said suddenly. Kagome and Sango stopped and looked at them. "We'll all go! Inuyasha and I could use a bath!"

*WHAM *

"Don't even think about it LECHER!" Sango shouted at a now face-planted Miroku.

"Wait! I didn't mean it like…" he stammered as Sango swung at him again. "I just meant that Inuyasha and I will wait for you girls to get a bath and then we will get ours! We won't take one with you!" Sango and Kagome looked at each other.

"Well, it would enable me to doctor Inuyasha's wounds better with him being clean and that close to warm water," Kagome said. Sango nodded.

"Okay, but stay away from us while we bath! You got that monk?!" Sango said angrily.

"Sango, I'm offended. What on Earth do you take me for?" Miroku said innocently. Sango rolled her eyes.

"A lecher!" she said flatly. Miroku sighed and shook his head. Kagome walked over to Inuyasha.

"You think you can hold out until I get a bath? It would be better for your wounds if we were both clean," she said sweetly.

"Yeah," Inuyasha said staring down at her. He then shook his head clean of his thoughts. "I mean…feh! Whatever! No one said I needed your doctoring anyway!" Kagome gave Inuyasha a weak smile and turned to join Sango. Inuyasha could have punched himself a million times as he watched Kagome and Sango walk away. `Why do I have to be so rude to her?' he thought.

"Inuyasha?" Miroku said standing next to his friend.

"Yeah?" he replied still staring after Kagome.

*WHAM *

Miroku's staff connected with the back of Inuyasha's head sending Inuyasha to the ground.

"You're an idiot my friend," Miroku said as he stepped over Inuyasha and followed the girls. Inuyasha lifted his head growling at Miroku. `Damn monk!' Inuyasha thought.

* * *

The group of four walked towards the hot springs. Inuyasha and Miroku had caught up with Kagome and Sango quickly but walked a few feet behind them. Inuyasha kept giving Miroku death glances while Miroku completely ignored him. Kagome and Sango walked ahead in silence.

When they finally reached the hot springs, Sango and Kagome placed their bath supplies next to the spring then turned and looked at Inuyasha. Inuyasha and Miroku exchanged glances and then looked back at the girls.

"Well?" Sango said. Inuyasha looked at Miroku.

"Well, what?" Miroku asked staring at Sango.

"LEAVE!" she said pointing him away from the spring.

"Oh, but Sango…" Miroku said smoothly walking over to Sango and slipping an arm around her waist.

*WHACK! *

Sango flinched in anger as she stared at Miroku who was now on the ground. Inuyasha squatted down next to Miroku.

"Now who's the idiot?" Inuyasha asked as he grabbed Miroku by the back of his robe and drug him away from the girls.

"Don't you dare look at us!" Kagome called after them.

"Don't worry! I got no interest in looking!" Inuyasha called back. Kagome balled her fists at her side. `You think he could be a little bit nicer about it!' she thought. Once Kagome and Sango were positive Inuyasha and Miroku weren't looking, they began taking off their clothes. Kagome still held a frown on her face.

"Is there something wrong Kagome?" Sango asked.

"You think Inuyasha could have been a little bit nicer about it!" she said as she removed the last of her clothing and slipped into the warm water.

"Do you want him to look?" Sango asked with a smile. A bright red blush crept onto Kagome's face.

"No!" she said quickly looking away. Sango smiled to herself. `She's nuts about him and can't admit it,' she thought. Sango, fully naked, slipped into the warm water.

"Wow, this is great!" Sango said relaxing her head on a nearby smooth rock.

"Yeah," Kagome replied as she grabbed the bath supplies and began bathing herself.

* * *

Inuyasha and Miroku sat Indian-style not far from the springs. Inuyasha was on constant alert. He was concentrating hard on hearing everything around him.

"Inuyasha, relax," Miroku said. "You said yourself that Kouga won't be coming until he gets better." Inuyasha looked at Miroku and sighed.

"I know," Inuyasha said. "I don't know what's gotten into me."

"I think I do," Miroku said with a smirk. Inuyasha glared at the monk.

"Stop right there, monk!" Inuyasha said.

"Oh come on, Inuyasha!" Miroku said rolling his eyes. "Do you honestly think that it isn't obvious how you and Kagome feel about each other?" Inuyasha said nothing and looked away. "What's holding you back, man?"

"Oh, you're one to talk!" Inuyasha said placing his hands on his knees. "You were crazy about Sango for how many years? And you're just now telling her about it!" Miroku frowned at Inuyasha.

"We weren't talking about me…we were talking about you!" Miroku said pointing his finger at Inuyasha.

"Feh!" Inuyasha said turning his head away. "It's none of your damn business how I feel! Besides, Kagome is just my friend! She is my best friend." Inuyasha looked up into the sky. Miroku sighed and decided not to press the matter further.

* * *

"Kagome," Sango said as she finished bathing herself. "How are you and Inuyasha?" Kagome was caught a little off guard by the question.

"Huh? What do you mean?" she asked puzzled. `Dang,' Sango thought. `I was hoping they had admitted their feelings for one another.'

"Oh just wondering," Sango said lightly. Kagome eyed her friend suspiciously.

"Sango, where are you going with this?" she asked.

"Me? Going somewhere?" Sango asked with a fake shocked expression. Kagome placed her hands on her hips.

"Yeah!" Kagome said. "You just don't randomly ask stuff like that!" Sango sighed.

"The truth is Kagome that I have no idea what's going on between you two," she said. "I was just wondering if the two of you had admitted your true feelings for each other or not." Kagome blushed a deep red.

"True feelings?" she stammered. "My true feelings are what you see. He is just my friend." Sango rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, sure," Sango said.

"I mean it!" Kagome said. She turned her back to Sango. "Besides, what would he want with someone like me? He probably wants to take a demon as his woman." Sango was shocked at what she was hearing.

"Kagome, what are you talking about? Inuyasha loves you," Sango said. Kagome whirled around.

"Do you know that?" Kagome said with a hint of tears in her eyes. Sango was a little taken back with Kagome's reaction.

"No…I can't say that I do, but it's just really obvious to me!" Sango said quickly. "I mean Kouga is full demon and he wanted you as his woman!" Kagome nodded.

"Kouga has his reasons though," she said sadly. "He thinks I saved his tribe from annihilation. He is acting in the best interest of his tribe. If I saved them once, he probably thinks I could do again." Kagome sunk deeper into the warm water. Sango watched sadly as her friend seemed to be having some sort of emotional battle. She felt sorry for Kagome.

"Kagome, do you want to stay with Kouga?" Sango asked. Kagome looked at her friend as if she had lost her mind.

"No! Why would you even ask such a thing?" Kagome asked.

"I was just making sure," Sango said. "Just follow your heart Kagome. It will never lead you wrong." Sango's head whirled around when she heard a crackle in the bushes behind them. Kagome had heard it too. Both girls crawled next to each other. Naked and yards away from any weapon, they were left vulnerable to whatever may lay in the bushes. They saw a shadowed figure come into view and screamed.

"AGH!!!!"

* * *

Inuyasha and Miroku had sat in silence for quite some time.

"How do you think the girls are doing?" Miroku asked.

"Don't even think about it pervert!" Inuyasha warned.

"Hey! I am seriously beginning to wonder what they could possibly be doing! It's been forever!" Miroku said defensively.

"AGH!!!" they heard two girls scream.

Inuyasha and Miroku jumped to their feet.

"SANGO!" Miroku shouted.

"KAGOME!" Inuyasha shouted.

* * *

Sango and Kagome held onto each other and shook with fear. Finally, the creature moved into the light.

"A monkey?" Kagome said in disbelief. The two girls giggled at their stupidity.

"Kagome! Sango!"

Kagome and Sango looked up to see Inuyasha and Miroku arrived at the edge of the springs.

"Are you okay?" Inuyasha shouted. The two males soon noticed how the naked girls held onto each other in an intimate position. Inuyasha blushed three shades of red while Miroku grinned dumbly and placed a hand behind his head.

"I guess the screaming we heard was a result of something else. Just what were you two doing?" Miroku asked with an evil grin. The girls blushed furiously then flamed red.

*WHAM*

*WHAM*

*WHAM*

*WHAM*

Each girl delivered a mighty punch to each guys' head.

"GET OUT OF HERE!" they screamed as they continued to hit them. Inuyasha and Miroku scrambled to their feet in between punches and began running away. The two dodged rocks and sticks until they were out of sight of the girls.

"Damn them!" Sango said with clenched fists. "ESPECIALLY YOU MIROKU!" Sango yelled in hopes they could hear her.

"What perverts!" Kagome said angrily. "And what Miroku said! OH…Sango forgive me, but I am going to kill your boyfriend!" Sango still stared angrily after the guys.

"Not if I kill him first!" she said. The still enraged girls began drying off and gathering their things.

* * *

"Nice going, Miroku!" Inuyasha said angrily. Miroku sighed dreamily picturing the naked girls in his head again. Inuyasha fumed with anger. "Whatever you're thinking you had better get it outta your head and fast monk!"

"What?" Miroku said innocently. "You can't tell me you didn't think something we walked up on them like that!" Inuyasha turned beat red half from anger and the other half from embarrassment.

"Well it obviously wasn't what you were thinking!" he huffed. Miroku sighed again.

*WHAM*

"Ow!" Miroku said holding the lump left on his head by Inuyasha. "What was that for?"

"For being a pervert!" Inuyasha shouted.

"Oh come on Inuyasha! You can't tell me that you didn't enjoy the scenery! And what they were doing before we got there just entices me even more!" Miroku said in thought. Inuyasha growled angrily and jumped on Miroku pounding punch after punch into his head.

"YOU PERVERTED BASTARD!" Inuyasha yelled as he threw punches to Miroku's head.

"Ow! Ow! Ow! Ow! Ow! Ow! Ow! Ow! Ow!"

A/N: Again thank you for your patience! I haven't decided what I want to happen next so I would appreciate suggestions. Again thank you for your patience!