InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The New Student and Kagome's Secret ❯ Chapter 34: The Word to Calm His Spirit ( Chapter 34 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

A/N: Okay I am not going to answer your reviews this time because it will ruin this chapter and the next one! I promise though that most of your questions will be answered in this and the following chapter! But thanks to you guys who reviewed!!!

I will give special mention though to: Robin57911, Lil'Inu, vampirecircusgirl31, Kitsune Bi, Inusdemoness

Thanks guys! You're the best!!!

Chapter 34

Kagome looked around at the swirling winds. She reached down her shirt to retrieve the shikon no tama from around her neck. She stared at the pink jewel.

`Could you be causing all of this?' she thought. Kagome looked around at the way the trees moved and the way the grass swirled beneath them.

`Wait a minute!' she thought. `I recognize these winds!'

Kagome looked back towards the mountains. Inuyasha growled and drew his sword.

"Sango! Miroku!" Inuyasha yelled nodding to them. They nodded back. They knew who was coming, and they prepared themselves to defend Kagome.

Inuyasha stood in front of Kagome. He was growling furiously. Suddenly, a small tornado could be seen heading in their direction. Then, in a flash, the winds ceased and the man darted by the others towards Kagome.

"Kagome!" Sango called, but she was too late. The man darted by her and was now standing in front of Kagome.

"Yo!" he said.

"Kouga!" Kagome exclaimed.

"Kou…ga!" Inuyasha muttered as everyone looked down to see Kouga standing on Inuyasha's head. "You…bas…tard!"

"Oh, dog crapp! Still alive?" he asked.

"Bastard!" Inuyasha yelled slicing at Kouga, only for Kouga to jump out of the way just in time. He did a back flip to land next to Sango and Miroku.

"Kouga," Kagome said stepping forward. "What brings you here?"

Inuyasha's left eye twitched as he stared at Kagome. Kouga walked towards Kagome.

"Ah, Kagome!" Kouga said taking her hands in his. "How have you been? Are you okay?"

"Eh, hehe," she said through a weak smile. "Uh yeah."

Inuyasha ran over to her. He grabbed Kouga's hand and through it back at him and stood in between them.

"Grrr! I'm going to kill you for real if you keep pulling shit like that you stupid wolf! What the hell do you want?!" Inuyasha demanded.

"As if you didn't already know!" Kouga said growling back at Inuyasha.

Inuyasha growled and got into his fighting stance. He drew his sword.

"Fine then," Inuyasha said. "But you are going to have to get through me first!"

"No problem!" Kouga said lashing out at Inuyasha with a kick.

Inuyasha jumped up and dodged it, then charged Kouga swinging his sword time after time. Kagome and the others watched in horror as the two seemed to never stop wanting to fight each other.

"Will this ever end?" Kagome asked. "Why can't they just quit already?"

Kagome sighed and sat down. The others sat down beside her. They watched the two demons fight, neither of them getting very far. Inuyasha would swing his sword and Kouga would dodge it. Every now and then, Inuyasha and Kouga would land a punch to one another's faces. Kagome rolled her eyes.

"Just what's going on here?" Kagome said. "I thought their fathers were allies! Why are they fighting?"

"Probably because Kouga is trying to take you," Shippo said.

Everyone looked at Shippo. Sango and Miroku exchanged glances and then gulped.

"It's really not that hard to figure out," Shippo said. "I may be just a kid, but I am not stupid. I can see what's happening in front of me."

Kagome looked at Inuyasha and Kouga. She was growing more and more angry by the second.

"This is so stupid and childish!" Kagome retorted. "Fine! Let them kill each other for all I care! Who wants a snack?"

Kagome reached into her backpack and pulled out some snacks for her and her friends. They sat down and ate patiently as they watched Kouga and Inuyasha continue to fight. If she knew what was happening in front of her wasn't for real, she would have compared the entire event to a dinner theater. She and her friends could sit and watch the show. But as time passed, however, things began to become more serious. She realized that Inuyasha and Kouga weren't just quarreling any more. They were for real! She knew, however, that neither of them were trying to kill each other, just injure them very badly. Inuyasha probably could have Kaze no Kizued Kouga into oblivion a long time ago, but chose not to. Kouga didn't seem to be using his full force of attack either. This fight wasn't as deadly as their first one, but both of them could still become severely injured. She was beginning to get worried. Blood was starting to show up on both of the fighters and their wounds were becoming more and more serious. She had to stop this some how.

Suddenly, Kouga kicked Inuyasha's sword from his hands. The sword flipped and flew through the air until it landed with its blade in the ground. It transformed back to a normal sword. Kagome gasped. Inuyasha could fight without his sword, but that was his strongest form of attack. Kouga was used to fighting without any weapons. Inuyasha and Kouga stared at each other. Everyone had their eyes focused on the two fighters, awaiting their next move. Kouga lunged at Inuyasha. Inuyasha dodged him at first, but then received a hard punch and kick to the face that sent Inuyasha flying across the meadow, leaving behind a deep trench where he had slid.

"Inuyasha!" Kagome yelled. Inuyasha struggled to pull himself up.

"Not so great without your precious sword, are you Inuyasha?" Kouga said with a smirk.

Inuyasha glared at Kouga and growled furiously at him. He looked at Kagome then at Kouga. Inuyasha and Kouga both were badly injured, but Inuyasha knew he had to protect Kagome some how.

"Inuyasha!" Kagome yelled again as she began running towards him.

"Kagome, no! Stay back!" Inuyasha yelled at Kagome.

Kouga seized the opportunity to land a machine gun kick to Inuyasha sending him flying yet again towards the ground yards away. Inuyasha lay there. He could hardly move. Kagome saw Inuyasha and gasped.

"Inuyasha!" she yelled.

Kouga smirked as he looked at Inuyasha.

"Don't worry Inuyasha!" Kouga smirked. "I'll take good care of her…and our pups!"

With that, Kouga turned around and began walking towards Kagome. Inuyasha had heard what Kouga had said and his spirit reacted. Everyone jumped in front of Kagome in an effort to protect her. Kouga stopped and put his hands on his hips.

"Please!" Kouga said rolling his eyes arrogantly. "Don't get in my way. I…"

Kouga stopped in mid-sentence when he sensed it. There was danger. It was near. He couldn't tell where it was coming from at first, but then whirled around to see a sight that gave even him the chills. Everyone gasped when they saw it, and fear seemed to overwhelm the entire group.

Inuyasha now stood with his claws flexed at his sides. His claws and fangs had grown longer, and his aura had some how changed. He didn't seem like he was a half demon any more…but a full demon! He hung his head so his bangs shielded his eyes. He had completely relinquished himself of his shirt and now stood with his fire rat pants on. His muscles even seemed to bulge as if they had grown as well. He then lifted his head in one quick motion and flashed his eyes at everyone. They all gasped. Inuyasha's eyes had turned completely red! What was going on?

"Kouga," he growled in a hoarse whisper.

Kagome gasped. She had never heard Inuyasha speak like that before. He sounded so evil…so wild and out of control, like he was ready to tear anything and everything apart. She took a step forward.

"Stay back, Kagome!" Kouga warned, startling Kagome. "Everyone stay back! I have no idea what's going on here, but you all need to be careful!"

Kagome tilted her head to the side in confusion. She looked at Sango and Miroku who looked a little surprised by Kouga's sudden statement as well. Kouga planned to protect all of them from Inuyasha.

`I knew he wasn't a bad guy,' Kagome thought.

"This is bad!" Miroku said. Kagome and Sango looked at Miroku. "Kouga is standing in the way of Inuyasha getting to us! That will only fuel his anger even more! Kaede warned me this may happen to Inuyasha one day!"

"What?" Sango and Kagome said at the same time. Kagome ran over to Miroku and began pulling at his robes.

"What's happening to him?!" Kagome demanded as tears filled her eyes.

"He's…" Miroku began.

"Full demon, now," Myouga finished.

Everyone looked at Myouga. Of course! Myouga would know what was going on! Myouga lived with Inuyasha and his father for most of his life.

"Myouga," Kagome said releasing Miroku. "What is going on? Why is he in full demon form? Will he revert back?"

"Easy," Myouga said trying to calm her.

"Kouga!" Inuyasha yelled in his hoarse evil voice again.

"Tell me!" Kagome said.

"Inuyasha is half demon. When most demons' lives are threatened, they will turn into their true form. For Inuyasha's father, that meant he would turn into a huge dog of incomprehensible size. For Inuyasha, since he is a half demon, that must mean he turns full demon," Myouga said. "I have never seen Inuyasha in his transformed self until now, and I don't know if he will revert back. Inuyasha's father could change his form at will, but he was a full demon. Inuyasha is only half demon, so he may not have the power to control himself. Even worse, I have heard rumors that when this happens, they may not even be able to recognize friend from foe."

Kagome gasped and looked at Inuyasha just as he decided to calmly walk towards Kouga. Kouga growled furiously and stood his ground. Inuyasha growled the entire walk to Kouga.

"There has to be something we can do to revert him back!" Kagome said to Myouga and Miroku.

She watched in horror as Inuyasha finally reached Kouga. Tears started to form at the corners of her eyes. She had no idea what he was going to do or if any of them would even be able to stop him.

"Kouga!" Inuyasha said flexing his claws. "You ready to die?"

Kouga growled and took a step back. His instincts told him that it was too dangerous and to flee, but he couldn't just leave Kagome. He had to fight him.

"Don't worry!" Inuyasha said smiling. "I will make it quick! I don't like to waste time with my kill!"

Suddenly, out of no where, deer came running out of the forest behind Inuyasha. Kagome's heart leapt in fear. She had never seen anything like that before. There had to be a hundred deer that just suddenly started running out of the forest. Kagome gasped. They were running from Inuyasha. They were running towards the mountains.

"They must have sensed Inuyasha's presence and panicked!" Miroku shouted obviously thinking the same thing as Kagome.

The others just watched in amazement at the events that were taking place before them. Inuyasha looked behind him at the deer running. He smiled at Kouga and then flexed his claws at him.

"You don't mind if I sharpen my claws a little before I kill you, do you?" Inuyasha said with a laugh.

With that, he jumped after the deer, and began slaughtering them. Blood and guts splattered everywhere as the animals moaned in pain.

"Inuyasha, no!" Kagome yelled after him, but it was too late.

Inuyasha jumped back to his original spot in front of Kouga. He had slaughtered the deer in a matter of seconds. His speed and strength had doubled, no, tripled! Inuyasha smiled evilly and stood up.

"I enjoyed that!" he said licking the blood from his claws.

Kagome's eyes began to tremble as she dropped to her knees. She couldn't believe what was happening. There was no way Kouga was going to survive fighting Inuyasha like this. Kagome began crying.

"Inuyasha, please stop this!" she cried out as tears streamed down her face.

Inuyasha acted as if he couldn't even hear her pleas. He smiled at Kouga.

"Enough chit chat! Time to have some fun!" Inuyasha yelled and swung at Kouga.

Kouga managed to dodge the first attack, but was cut severely by the second and the third sending him flying up against a tree. He awoke just in time to get out of the way of Inuyasha's next attack.

The others knew that Kouga wouldn't survive if this continued. Everyone shook with fear as they watched who they thought was their ally, have no remorse for killing and no fear of dying.

"They can't go on like this!" Sango said as she watched in horror. Kagome couldn't take it anymore.

"INUYASHA!!!" she screamed with all of her might.

Just then, Inuyasha stopped in a mid air attack and jumped to the ground, holding his head as if it hurt. He growled and held his head as if he was in immense pain. Everyone stood there in shock. Inuyasha then shook his head as if shaking the pain away and jumped after Kouga again.

"That's it!" Miroku said. "Good girl, Kaede! She warned me it may come to this!"

Everyone looked at Miroku in confusion. He reached into his pocket and pulled out prayer beads and started saying an incantation. He said the incantation over and over again until suddenly the prayer beads shot out towards Inuyasha. They collected and rejoined around Inuyasha's neck just as he was about to inflict a fatal wound on Kouga. Shocked by these sudden beads around his neck, he jumped to the ground and began wrestling with them in an effort to pull them off.

"Quickly, Kagome!" Miroku ordered. "A word to calm his spirit!"

"A word to calm his spirit?" she asked in confusion.

"Hurry, Kagome! Say it!" Miroku ordered.

"But what word?" Kagome asked as she began to panic.

She looked at Inuyasha. He quickly flipped around and growled at her on all fours.

"Like that stupid girl could ever control me!" he barked twitching his ears.

`What a bad dog!' Kagome thought. `Wait! That's it!'

Kagome frowned and walked towards him. She stopped just a few yards short of him and placed her hands on her hips with a little grin.

"Sit, boy!" she commanded.

The prayer beads immediately caused Inuyasha to face-plant into the ground. Kagome looked at him and took a couple of cautious steps towards him.

"No! Don't Kagome!" Kouga shouted. "Don't get near him!"

"Shutup you wimpy wolf!" Inuyasha said lifting his to shout at Kouga. He stood up.

Kagome stared at him in disbelief. He was back to normal. It had worked. He looked like the old Inuyasha she knew and became friends with.

"What?" he said when he noticed her weird expression.

"Oh, Inuyasha!" she cried flinging herself on him and hugging him with all of her might.

Inuyasha gave her a confused look, then looked at Sango, Miroku, and the others as if he was searching for an explanation.

"What's going on?" Inuyasha said. Kagome jumped back.

"You mean you really don't remember?" Kagome asked in disbelief.

Suddenly, the overwhelming scent of blood invaded Inuyasha's senses. He turned around to see a hundred deer lying on the ground. They had all been completely slaughtered. He walked towards them. He squatted down next to one of them and reached out to examine its wounds. That's when he saw it. He saw the blood that had stained his hands and claws. He sniffed it. It was the deer's blood! He jumped back. He couldn't believe this. He had done all of this. He looked around him. Death and devastation were all around him. Sliced trees and dead deer lie throughout the area. He looked at Kagome and the others. He looked just past Kagome and saw Kouga cautiously approaching him.

"Just what the hell just happened?" Kouga asked, bewildered.

"I was about to ask you the same thing," Inuyasha said as he looked back down at the deer in front of him.

He walked back over to Kagome and the others. He sat down next to them and just stared blankly ahead.

"What happened? What did I do?" Inuyasha asked.

Kagome and Miroku exchanged glances, not exactly sure how to tell their friend that he had just gone on a killing spree. Inuyasha looked at Shippo who immediately jumped in Kagome's arms. Inuyasha's flattened slightly in a pitiful manner. He knew he must have done something awful.

"Inuyasha," Kagome said calmly. "You turned into a real demon."

"WHAT???" Inuyasha said. "That's impossible! I'm only half-demon!"

"Actually," Myouga said. "You didn't exactly turn into a full demon. It just seemed that your demon blood took over your body…even your appearance changed."

"My appearance?" Inuyasha asked.

"Yeah," Sango said. "You had red eyes and your claws and fangs grew. Even your voice changed. It was your voice, only hoarser and more threatening."

Sango shuddered. Inuyasha whimpered a little though he didn't really mean to. By the look on his friends' faces, he could tell that he had really scared them.

"You even smiled while you were killing," Kagome said. "As if you were enjoying every minute of slaughtering! You were twice as strong and twice as fast! Even Kouga couldn't keep up with you!"

`Twice as strong and twice as fast, huh? Maybe being a whole demon wouldn't be so bad,' he thought. `But would it always turn out like this if I was a whole demon. No it couldn't. It didn't for my father, so maybe if I became a full demon, I could control myself.'

"Do you remember anything, Inuyasha?" Miroku asked.

"I remember suddenly feeling a lot stronger and attacking Kouga," Inuyasha said. "I remember flashes of deer, but that's it. I couldn't tell if I killed them or not. All I remember was this sudden urge to kill."

Everyone shuddered and exchanged glances. They all knew that Inuyasha having the sudden urge to kill as powerful as he was, was never a good thing.

"But everything is okay now Master Inuyasha," Myouga said lightheartedly. "The prayer beads will help to keep your demon side under control."

"Prayer beads?" he asked in confusion.

That's when he noticed the prayer beads around his neck. He grabbed them and examined them. He tried to pull them off of him, but to no avail.

"What the hell is this?!" Inuyasha demanded.

"Oh!" Kagome said with a sheepish smile. "Hehe!"

"Those are prayer beads that Kaede gave me in case of a situation like this. She had heard that half demons' demon blood can sometimes cause them to go out of control," Miroku said. "The only problem was that I had to figure out which one of the people in this group you were the most susceptible to. In the middle of the battle, Kagome called out your name and you stopped what you were doing, holding onto your head as if you were having a migraine. That's when I knew that Kagome was the one who had the power to control your spirit. Oh, and one thing I forgot to mention is that no one can remove those beads from your neck. They are pretty much there for good."

"Why you!" Inuyasha growled, jumping at Miroku's throat.

"Sit, boy!" Kagome said.

Inuyasha fell face first into the ground. He lifted his head glaring at Miroku and Kagome.

"What the fuck!" he growled standing up and getting in Kagome's face as he yelled at her. "Sit, boy? How degrading! You couldn't have come up with something better than that?"

"Well, you were pissing me off!" Kagome yelled back. "You growled at me on all fours and insulted me! You know I always make a comment about you being a bad dog or something when you piss me off anyway!"

"Yeah!" Inuyasha argued. "But you normally do it just to piss me off!"

"So!" she said getting right back in his face.

"So?" Inuyasha yelled. "So you are treating me like I am a puppy or some shit!"

"You are a puppy!" Kagome said with a giggle. She petted his head. "Good boy!"

Inuyasha glared at her through aggravated, slitted eyes as his shoulders slumped over. He swiped her hand away and growled at her. She growled back at him.

"Hey dog crapp! Get away from my woman!" Kouga shouted running over.

"Kouga!" Kagome shouted. She had almost forgotten he was still there.

Inuyasha growled and stepped in front of Kagome. He reached for his sword only to realize that his sword wasn't with him. Half way to Inuyasha, however, Kouga dropped to his knees in pain. Inuyasha had seriously hurt him in his demon form.

"Kouga!" Kagome exclaimed running to his side.

Inuyasha took a couple of steps back when he saw the way Kagome reacted to Kouga. His breath caught his throat as he watched her kneel next to him and embrace. His left eye twitched jealously.

"Oh, boy!" Miroku said under his breath. Sango nodded in agreement.

"Kouga," Kagome said soothingly. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah," he replied weakly. "I am more weak than anything. Food has become scarce for some reason. It's been hard to find food for the tribe. All of the animals seem to be heading east."

Kagome looked up at the others. Inuyasha looked back at her. He was serious now and put aside his jealousy for the moment. He knew this had to mean something. He looked at Miroku and Sango.

"That's not a good sign," Miroku said.

"No, it's not," Inuyasha replied sternly. He looked west. "Something or someone is definitely waiting for us. The clues keep pointing more and more towards it."

Sango nodded.

"But what?" she said.

All of them looked towards the west. The sun was just before setting.

"I don't know," Inuyasha replied with a growl. "But whatever it is, we need to be ready for it. We covered a lot of ground today. We will make camp here tonight. We should get some rest. The castle isn't very far away, and there is no telling what or who awaits our arrival."

A/N: So? Did you like? Huh? Huh? Did you? Sorry, I just love the whole "sit, boy!" thing! I think it makes the show so I had to incorporate that somehow. Okay, next chapter is important information wise. A lot of important info will be in the next chapter.

Well, don't forget to READ AND REVIEW! I still expect a few of you to review. I understand how you feel, if all you have to say is "great chapter". I am very hesitant at reviewing other authors' stories if I don't have any questions or suggestions, but if you do have questions or suggestions, don't hesitate to say so.

Oh and to Kitsune Bi: Forgive me! I just felt a little awkward doing the dry hump thing! It was what I wanted to write but when it came to actually writing it, I kind of got nervous. Plus, they were just dry humping with all of their clothes on so it is a little harder to be creative with that as opposed to describing what they could have done to each other if they were naked and having sex. They will be doing a lot more than that later on and I can promise you that that will be more detailed. THANKS FOR THE REVIEW!