InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Right Decision ❯ The Right Decision ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I can't believe I forgot to say this before. I don't own Inuyasha. duh.
 
I look at the sunset over the water with my dark brown eyes. No one occupies the beach today. No one ever occupies the beach where I am. I sit on the soft sand out in the open, where anyone can see me, but no one does. This part of the beach is too far away from the road. My legs are pulled to my chest as the breeze gently moves my black tresses held together in a loose hair tie. It's a little warm to keep my hair down. The shore's edge laps at my feet.
 
I only truly feel relaxed here. But not today. Not for the last few days. Or should I say weeks? I don't feel relaxed at all. There are too many thoughts running through my mind. I remember when life used to be simple. You didn't have to think too much and everything would just work itself out. But we can't all stay four years old.
 
I'm usually able to tune out the world as I stare at the sunset from my spot on the beach, but my thoughts are bouncing off the walls of my brain and I'm aware of things all around. I hear footsteps approaching, expecting them to just pass by. I hear the steps stop not far from behind me.
 
“Kagome,” said the voice that sends shivers down my spine every time he utters my name. The person I feel most comfortable with. The person I've developed feelings for. My best friend.
 
I don't acknowledge him when I hear my name called; just stare toward the slowly descending sun before it slips below the water. He moves closer and sits beside me, seeming not to be bothered when I know he doesn't like resting in sand.
 
“What's wrong, Kagome?” he asks softly, barely disturbing the silence.
 
“Nothing,” I reply in an equally soft voice, tilting my head to watch the water by my feet.
 
He lets a breath of disbelief. “Sure, nothing. Of course, it has to be nothing considering you've been acting strangely for weeks,” he says sarcastically.
 
“I'm fine, Sesshomaru,” I state calmly.
 
“The hell you are.” he replied, letting a little anger leak in.
 
“I'm perfectly fine! You're just being paranoid,” I retort, with a voice close to yelling, in his face.
 
“Oh, I highly doubt that,” he states firmly. I lose the glaring match to look back at the water as I sit down cross-legged. God, he's frustrating! What possessed me to like him, let alone be his friend? I must have been out of my mind. Our friendship doesn't make sense anyway. He's so uptight and doesn't know when to just relax, while I'm outgoing and like to have fun. No one else understands why we're friends either. It's like a twilight zone thing.
 
“Well, of course you do. You aren't satisfied with any kind of fact until you have every little piece of information to prove it right or wrong. Why can't I just say something and you don't analyze every aspect of it?” I said, my annoyance evident.
 
“Because I think you're hiding something from me,” he says emotionlessly. I whip my head back in his direction in shock. Why does he always have to be so right about everything? It's one of his qualities I hate but not at the same time. As distressed as I feel in my head, my face shows nothing.
 
 
I probably shouldn't have looked at him again because I can't stop now. I really look at him. I take in his long silver hair as it blows gently in the breeze. His fair skin as it glistens in the last of the sun's rays. And his beautiful, piercing amber eyes. Eyes that look dead for everyone else, but spark to life around me. Only me.
 
I cross my arms and slouch to rest them on my knees, not breaking eye contact. “Why do you need to know?”
 
“I'd like to know,” he simply said.
 
“Do you know how annoying that is? You having to know everything? Why can't you be satisfied with the unknown every once in a while?” I say, irritation lacing my voice again.
 
Now it's his turn to get in my face. “Not this time. Because now it involves you. And I need to know why because I don't like the way you've been acting and it's worrying me,” he says seriously, but apprehensive.
 
We stare at each other for the longest time. I've lost all sense of everything around me. It's just him and me. I just remembered how close his face was to mine and it makes my breath quicken. I look at how the moonlight bounces off him. His hair seems to reflect it and shimmer in the breeze. I'm drowning myself in his eyes. I haven't looked away from them since the last thing he said.
 
My mind goes blank and I have no control over what I do next. I close the distance between us and press my lips to his. He stiffens, taken by surprise. I'm about to pull away, quick to berate myself, when I feel him kiss me back. My eyes shoot open in shock before closing to remember I wanted this. His hand moves to the nape of my neck as his fingers tangle in my hair. I'm holding his face with both my hands as I continue kissing him. His arm wraps around my form to pull me closer. His lips on mine are all I'm focusing on now. I'm in heaven. Perfect, absolute heaven. I never want this to end. It feels so good, so right. Nothing could ruin this. Except for the necessity to breathe.
 
We break apart and I look at him as his hair glistens in the moonlight. He looks unreal, like something out of a fairy-tale.
 
I realize our position, but try to seem confident. “Well, now you know,” I say a little cocky and slightly breathless, with a small smile on my face.
 
He flashes one of his rare smiles. “Finally. You were driving me crazy.”
 
“It's all apart of my charm, I guess,” I tease. He moves in to nuzzle my neck. It tickles, making me giggle. He's getting me back for my teasing and making him agonize over not knowing. I laugh as he keeps nuzzling my neck.
 
“Ok, I get it! Stop!” I get out between laughs. He backs away to look into my eyes for a second before moving in to give me another kiss.
 
He breaks it. “Fine, but you will pay for making me go through that.”
 
“I guess so,” I reply reluctantly. He scowls, but it softens.
 
“You want to go home, it's dark,” he suggests.
 
“Can we stay here for a while? It's nice.”
 
“Sure.” He moves into a more comfortable position and I rest in his lap. His arms wrap protectively around me as he rests his head on the top of mine. My head lies against his chest, listening to the steady rhythm of his heartbeat. I don't feel unsure or stressed anymore. I feel perfectly at ease as the both of us sit on the beach under the moonlight, watching the waves at the shore.
 
********************
 
I thought it was cute, don't you? I'm so sorry I haven't been able to update Closed Door. I really want to, I'm just so busy and this was all I had time for. I want to do it soon though. You might all be wondering why I did something sess/kag when my username is yashandkag4ever. Well, that doesn't mean I want them and only them. I'm open to different pairings. I just think of them because I watch the episodes and say to myself, “Just get together already!” so I like sess/kag pairings a lot also. I like sess/kag and inu/kag pretty much the same.
 
 
 
1