InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Story of Kayko ❯ The Story of Kayko ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Kayko
By: KaykoWolfgodess

(I don't own the Managa Inuyasha. But i do Own this Character and Shaka)


After leaving the village Kayko and Isa went their separate ways. They both loved each other, they were best friends, but they need time to recover from what had happened. Kayko went North, to her grandfather. It was a 3-day walk, which was good for Kayko's broken heart. She thought of her brother. She was closer to Inuyasha. Even though he hid it well, he had a heart, a warm heart that she could count on. Sesshoumaru on the other hand, always looked at her like new source of power. She loved both of her brothers deeply, but more so to her half-demon brother. He knew what it was like to be a mix bred. Even though she was a full demon, being a mix of a dog and wolf always seemed to be her down fall.

She shook her head of the ridicules thoughts. She looked ahead of her into the forest; it was going to be a long walk for a young woman. The wind blew through the trees causing her hair and tail to fly in the wind. Her hair whipped at her face as she walked on through the forest. She was under dressed for these times. She didn't like the confinements of a kimono. She thought the outfits deserved special occasions only. Instead she wore a strapless bra like top and underwear type thing as bottoms. Over the bottoms was a skirt that hung on string that tied at her waist. On the string were two delicately made fabric that, when tied on correctly on her, would cover up the front of her and cover up her butt and all the fabric was an elegant array of gold.

When the wind blew again her skirt whipped at her legs as she continued on to her grandfathers. Her eyes scanned the forest. Nothing seemed to be moving around. She looked up into the trees, not even the fine music of the birds were in the air. Her nose twitched as a bush moved a ways in front of her. A large demon walks through smiling down at her.

"My what’s a pretty lady like you walking around all alone on a night like this." Kayko looked at him weird. It hit her. She looked up at the sky and mentally hit herself. It was the night of the red full moon. The breeding season for demons. Kayko looked at the demon before her.

"I'm not interested, please step aside." The demon looked at her with shocked eyes then glared.

"Not till I have you writhing underneath me." Kayko glare at him. She scuffed in disgust.

"You would never be able to get me to submit to you. A low some demon." The demon growled a charged her ready to get her to the ground. She watched him attack and stepped aside at the right moment. He passed by her and rammed his head into a tree. She scuffed at his efforts and began walking toward her grandfather again.

The demon stood up and rubbed his head. He roared when he saw her walking off, ignoring him. He charged at her again. Kayko stopped and turned and looked at him. He had caught up to him quicker than she thought he would. The demon jumped up into the air and aimed himself at her to pounce on. She watched him falling towards her then her eyes widened. The demon screamed in agony before falling into two pieces before her. In his place another man appeared/ Kayko glared at the man as he landed to the ground. His feet were wrapped up in black boots. His legs covered up in fluffy white pants. On his left side of his body was a long fluffy mokomoko. She looked up straight into his eyes glaring.

"I was handling it fine Sesshoumaru. I didn't need your help." Sesshoumaru looked at her, his golden orbs staring at her green ones. Kayko stared back, never averting her eyes. Sesshoumaru's eyes slightly narrowed. She wasn't bowing down to him. He growled when She turned and began to walk off again.

'If you keep walking your going to get attacked by other demons." He spoke, he voice regal and to send a chill down the spine of anyone that heard it, but not Kayko. She knew all he was doing was putting on a show.

"I can handle myself Sesshoumaru. I don't need the great lord to watch over me." She mocked as she continued on. She wasn't to make another step as she felt Sesshoumaru shove her against a tree. She glared up at him to have him glaring at her.

"Do not mock me little sister. It is not wise." Kayko looked away and smiled then began laughing.

"You were never really able to scare me Sesshoumaru." She looked up at him smiling and glaring at him. "Your just an empty shell. You forgot what it means to love and so you treat everyone the way you treat them now. It bring you pleasure to watch people cower beneath you. " Her smile dropped. "I will not give you that satisfaction with me, for I don't fear you. I pity you. Your just a sad child behind your mask, a sad child wanting attention."

She pushed him away from her and continued on her journey. "If you really cared about me, you would treat me with respect. That’s all I ask from you. But you don't do you." She stopped and looked at him. "You don't like me cause father went against the Dog demons rules, again with me. To mate with someone of your species. You look down at me only because I'm part wolf. You’re the only one that cares about that, besides my uncle, but your one that counts. I wish we could actually be friends at least." She turned away shaking her head before walking off North.

Sesshoumaru stood there watching her. ' Like I’d treat an inferior demon like her with respect.' but something in his gut told him he was making a mistake. He had lost his mother and father and truth was. He cared deeply for his baby sister. If he didn't he wouldn't have killed the demon that was after her. He turned and walked off. Not knowing the path Kayko took would have him loosing her too.

3 days past as she made it to her grandfather Village. The path behind her held many dead or injured Demons who didn't head her warning and leave. She mating season was in full swing here in the village. The males were courting the females they were interested in. The season would end when the moon was no longer visible in the sky. Kayko walked on. Many wolves stopped to bow at their princess, she just smiled to them. The pups came running top her when they heard that Kayko was back and attached themselves to her legs. No one in the village looked down at her for she had proven herself loyal to the pack time and time again. Her ears perked up when she heard her Cousin screaming her name. She turned towards the sound to have a young girl jumping into the air and attaching herself to her older cousin's chest.

Kayko giggled as she propped herself against a hut wall so she wouldn't fall. She smiled at her cousin, who was giggling away at almost knocking her over. "How are you today little Ayame?" Ayame gave a playful glare. "I'm not little." She giggled and covered her face when Kayko lightly blew on her nose. Kayko giggled when Ayame peeked over her fingers as she started walking again. She looked out the corner of her eye at her Uncle, glaring at her for holding his Daughter. Kayko ignored him and walked on while Ayame played with her ears. She stopped walking when she reached a cliff edge. A regal white wolf sat on it looking out at the valley.

"The birds have moved in. Many of our pack members have disappeared." Kayko put Ayame down before walking up next to him and sitting down. Ayame looked around, she had remembered that she had found a flower with the same name as her. She smiled and looked out at the forest. She looked back at her grandpa and cousin before skipping off into the forest. She thought she'd be gone for only a minute. Kayko wrapped her arm around the old wolf's neck.

"Well, I guess I came home at a good time. I'll help protect you all." The old wolf looked at her and smiled.

"There will be no need for that darling. All I need your help with is helping me lead everyone to the mountains. There we will be safe and we need to move there anyhow. Many of the wolves here have taken mates and a lot of the females are pregnant. We need to take them to the mountains where they can birth in safety." Kayko nodded and looked out at the valley. The sun was setting, the sky becoming an array of blue, purples and pinks. She smiled as two sparrows flew around each other and toward a tree where their nest was.

"I guess I’m going to need to get everyone ready." She got up and turned around, to pick up Ayame, but she wasn't there. Her eyes went big as she looked around. "Ayame!! Ayame!! Where are you?!" The old wolf got up and looked around for his other granddaughter.

"Kayko go searching the forest I’ll run to the Village. If she isn't there I'll send out scouts after you two." Kayko nodded at her grandfather and ran into the forest. Her ears moved around like radars as she looked for her. Her nose twitched as she caught a faint scent of her. She ran off towards the smell only to be knocked from her feet into a tree. She pulled herself up to see one of the Birds of Paradise land down in front of her. She glared at it as it took one step towards her. Its large second mouth opened and let out an ear-piercing screech. Her ears flattened against her head as it flew up and dived at her. She dodged it the last minute and ran off into the thick part of the woods. The bird didn't give up. It flew above the treetops. It had hunted down wolves here too and knew that not a lot of the trees were strong on top and it could easily break down through.

Kayko stopped and sniffed around. She had one ear to the bird above her while the other swiveled around listening for any sound from Ayame. She heard a scream come from her right and took off towards it. Time seemed to move in slow motion as the bird broke through the treetops and dive-bombed her. It clawed feet tried to grab her but barely missed, scraping up her back. She fell to the ground her back bleeding as the bird flew up into the air to escape running into a tree. She pushed herself up and ran as fast as she could towards where she heard Ayame scream.

Ayame smiled as she walked up to the flower she was named after. It was a very beautiful flower. She picked one and brought it up to her nose. She took a long breath, as she smelt the flower. She turned around to walk back to her grandpa and cousin. Her eyes scanned the area in front of her. Se didn't recognize it. She started forward, in the direction she thought she came from. She held the flower close to her chest as her green eyes scanned the forest. Ayame stopped when the branches above her began to make weird noises. She looked up and screamed when a Bird of Paradise crashed through the top of the trees. She took off running with the bird flying after her. She continued to scream as she ran through the forest. She came to a clear area. She spotted a tree with a rather large hole in it. She ran to the tree and climbed into the hole. She held on to her flower, tears running down her face. She heard screeching coming from outside when she saw a blur run past the tree. The screeching stopped. Her eyes looked around from where she was sitting as she pushed herself closer to the tree. She gasped when a male's face appeared in the hole.

"You must be Ayame. Everyone is looking for you." She looked at him as he picked her up from the hole.

"Have you seen my cousin?" She asked as he put her on his back.

"Can't say that I have. What does she look like?" Ayame opened her mouth when she saw a woman run out of the tree.

"That’s her!" Kayko turned towards her voice and smiled. She ran over and took Ayame off the mans back and hugged her.

"Don't ever walk off without me, ever again. You tell me when you want to go somewhere." Ayame held onto her as Kayko hugged her. The man stood back watching the two girls. Apparently the two girls were close. He looked the older woman up and down with his blue orbs. He liked what he saw. She was gorgeous, never had he seen such a beautiful wolf demon woman. Many had a look of toughness to them. The woman before him looked as if you touched her she'd break. Kayko turned towards him and bowed. "I'm in your debt. Thank you so much for saving my cousin." She stood back up from her bow and smiled.

"Aw it was no problem miss." They both froze when they heard a loud screech. The bird that she though she lost was back. It was flying straight towards her and her cousin. Kayo’s eyes widened as she stood there. She felt dumbfounded when the man before her jumped into the air at the bird and sliced it in half with his claws. Her eye twitched slightly. Reminded her of her brother, coming to her rescue. She blew it off as he landed down next to the dead corpse. He turned and smiled at her and she could help but think of how cute he was. His long black hair in a ponytail, warring the normal cloths of a wolf demon. "I'm sorry I never got your name." He said as he walked forward. She mentally shook the thought from her head as she stared at him.

"My name is Lady Kayko. I'm the Heir to the north." He smiled at her and bowed.

"My name is Lord Kouga. I'm to be the leader of the East." She smiled at him.

"Would you mind walking us home incase those birds come back." He nodded as he took Ayame back and put her on his back. Kayko smiled, thankful he did that. Her back was killing her from being attacked earlier. Ayame smiled as she laid her head on his back and looked at her flower. Kouga looked over his shoulder at her and smiled.

"You taking that flower when you leave for the mountains?" Kayko looked at the flower for the first time since she saw Ayame. It was a beautiful flower. Kayko gave a small soft smile.

"Yeah, it shares the same name as me." Kouga smiled as her continued walking. Kayko smiled at Ayame before looking up at the sky. The full moon shined in the sky. Kouga looked out the corner of his eye at Kayko.

The moonlight played off her creamy skin as she closed her eyes and took a deep breath of the clear night air. He smiled and looked back ahead of him. He stopped when they reached a waterfall. Kayko stopped next to him and gasped at what she saw. A beautiful rainbow played off the water. Kouga smiled and looked over his shoulder at Ayame, she was half asleep on his back as she looked at the rainbow.

"I promise when you return from the mountains." He looked at Kayko slightly a small playing on his face as he looked back at the rainbow. "..I'll take you as my mate." Ayame smiled, thinking he was talking to her and fell asleep on his back before he finished his line. "...If you'll have me Kayko." He turned and looked at her. She had a bright red blush on her cheeks as she looked down at her hands. She nodded and looked up at him.

"I'd like that Kouga."


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~OOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOO~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5 years had past and Ayame was a young woman. The woman she looked up to, the woman she wanted to be just like was now someone she hated. Ayame didn't believe Kayko when she said Kouga was talking to her. She wanted Kouga but couldn't find out if it was true until she saw him again. The pack stayed up in the mountains because of their home haven been taken over by demons. They had many wars trying to get their home back but everything was lost. Their old village was burnt to the ground. With so many lives taken the old wolf, leader of the pack, decided they all would stay in the mountains. They knew the mountains like the back of their hand and knew ways of escaping. The pack agreed not wanting to go against their Lord, save for one.

The old wolf had two children. His oldest was his son Tasuki, Ayame's father. His youngest was his daughter Nikita. His son was to be his heir till he grew jealous of his sister. To him it seemed his sister was much more loved than him. She loved playing with the kids and the kids loved playing with her. Tasuki usually sat around doing nothing, drinking with his buddies and having fun with the women. The old wolf watched his son and his daughter closely. His daughter had a good heart. Always looking out for everyone else before herself. If an elder was sick, she'd do everything in her power to take care of them. She showed more leadership skills than her brother. Her brother wanted power. He loved to fight and if he didn't win he'd execute the person, which his sister usually stop saying it was unleader like. The day of the incitation ceremony the old wolf decide to change things up. While Tasuki stood up next to his father, his chest puffed out ready to be dubbed the true heir, the old wolf walked up, His eyes looking out at his people.

"Today is the day i announce my heir to the pack. To be my heir, you had to be true to the pack, always caring. That’s why i have chosen my Daughter, Nikita." Tasuki was stunned beyond belief. His younger sister was the heir. Nikita looked at her father. Her eyes looking at her father-asking if he was joking. He continued to look out at his pack.

"She has showed more love to this pack than my unworthy son. Caring for other before herself." He looked at his son. "Step down, you will not rise up today." Tasuki glared at his father.

"You will not embarrassed me like this!" He jumped at his father fangs and claws barred. Nikita jumped up and round’ housed kicked her brother, sending him flying into a tree. She looked at her father and knelt down.

"I am greatly honored father." He smiled and kissed her forehead. When he stepped back, the place on her forehead where his kissed held the Northern star, the packs emblem. She stood up and looked at the pack a sweet smile on her face. The pack cheered for their heir.

Tasuki stayed to himself. Never participating in the pack. He watched his sister bitterly. He should be the heir not her. He watched her closely, waiting for his chance to bring her down and reclaim what was his. In the wolf pack, if you could win a fight with the leader or heir you’d gain their status. Nikita on the other hand made sure to stay away from her brother. She did what her father told her and when they both went to sign a treaty with the west. She met Inu-Tisho. A strong demon, a very handsome demon, but he was mated to Sesshoumaru's mother when they met.

As years past, she was gaining knowledge on the North. Learning everything she needed to do when her father past. One day she went out to the forest to scout. She had heard rumors that Inu-Tisho and his mate split, that he had mated a human and died saving her life. Nikita sighed. She really wanted to see him again. She continued her walk through the forest, till she came upon her cave. The cave she often came to sit in and relax. To have a little time by herself. She walked in, not knowing someone already occupied her cave. She sat down on her favorite rock, not knowing she was being watched. She was busy thinking of what she had to remember before she had a meeting with the lord of the east. She was remembering the manners she need to show him when she felt a hand touch her shoulder. She jumped up into the air and landed outside the cave standing in a fight stance. She heard a small chuckle as Inu-Tisho walked out. A blush covered her cheeks as her eyes widened. She stood up straight and looked at him.

"I would bow, but you’re in my lands." She tried to sound as regal as she could. Tisho smiled and bowed to her.

"I am sorry for trespassing. I needed somewhere were I would be safe and be able to recover. At home my son would for sure take advantage of me in this state. All he cares about is power." Nikita nodded to him.

"I can understand that." She looked around then back to him. "You can stay and I won't tell anyone where you are. I have to get back home, but I’ll be back tonight with some food for you." She smiled at him then turned and ran off towards home. Tisho smiled a little when she disappeared. She was still as gorgeous since the day he met her.

That night Nikita walked up to the cave a deer over her shoulder. She sniffed inside. From what she smelt he was asleep. She smiled and sat down outside the cave and began to skin the deer. After skinning she looked back into the cave. He was still asleep. She didn't dare wake him. He was a Lord; he'd wake up when he felt like it. She walked off into the forest to find firewood. She wasn't sure if he wanted his food rare or partly cooked. She liked both when eating. She walked back to the cave to see the deer half inside the cave and half outside. She lifted an eyebrow and walked over. Nikita lifted an eyebrow at Tisho who had ripped a leg off the deer and was eating it.

"Hungry much?" Tisho looked up at her and smiled, swallowing the food in his mouth.

"Yeah, it’s been awhile since I've eaten." She smiled and went back to the firewood. She started putting them into a pile and set them on fire by striking two rocks together. Tisho watched her and smiled. The fire's light played across her face making her black hair look like it was dancing. She was a very beautiful woman. Deep green eyes. Beautiful full red lips and a slight blush on her cheeks. Her body was nicely curved and her chest didn't look that big. He got up and sat down next to her. She looked up at him and smiled, a brighter blush forming on her cheeks. Tisho chuckled and looked up at the moon. It was almost full; the mating season would start soon for many of the demons. Nikita looked off into the forest. She had refused to mate with the Lord of the East as he also refused to mate with her. They had been friends for so long they felt it to be awkward to mate with each other. Tisho groaned as his side began to hurt him and he fell over grabbing it. Nikita got up and moved closer to him. The wound was deep.

"Don't worry my Lord, I'll help you." She got up and ran into the forest. She was searching for herbs that would heal him. She didn't know her brother had followed her to the woods and had just found her. He jumped out of the bushes and attacked. She screamed at being attacked with out notice. She turned and kicked him in the face. He fell backwards holding his chin. His eyes began to turn red as he went to attack again only to be stopped by a very angry dogdemon. Nikita looked up at him in shock. His side was bleeding but he still came to save her. Tasuki looked at him in fear. He knew who it was. He turned and ran off. Nikita stood up and touched his shoulder.

"You do realize he will tell everyone you are really alive." The dog looked at her and shrugged. He just nuzzled her for a second before looking her over. "I'm not hurt if that’s what your worried about." The dog morphed back into Tisho as he hugged her. "For a second i thought i lost. Hearing you scream scared me." Nikita's eyes widened as she pulled back a bit to look at him in the eyes. "You act as if I'm your mate."

Tisho smiled and hugged her again, nuzzling his nose into her neck. "I want you to be mine." Nikita blushed more and bite her lip when she felt him licking the junction between her neck and shoulder. Her tail wrapped itself around his leg as he began to kiss up her neck. She couldn't help the groan come from her throat. Tisho smiled into her skin at making her moan. He picked her up and walked towards their cave. "You don't mind becoming this ones mate do you?" Nikita smiled at him.

"No I don't mind." Tisho smiled and walks into their cave, a barrier coming up behind them. It didn't come down for 4 days.

The old wolf sat in the forest, watching that cave. He smiled at the thought that his baby girl had found a strong mate like Tisho. Tasuki stood behind all the warriors that came. They were bond to protect their leader and heir. With the Heir currently stuck in a cave for 4 days they protected the surrounding area. Tasuki glared. His sister now had everything. She had his title, she had a mate, and sooner or later she would have a family.

Many months later Nikita had a little girl. Tisho smiled as he held her in his lap while she held their daughter.

"It my first daughter." She smiled and looked up at her mate. She was content just to live out her life here in his arms with their daughter. Fate had other plans. Her brother was making plans to kill off her and her family. He had found a snake demon that would do his dirty work. While she stayed in their cave taking care of her baby, Tisho walked off to hunt. With Nikita feeding a pup now she needed to eat more often. As she sat in the cave, suckling her pup, a snake slithered around outside. Nikita looked out the corner of her eye outside. She could sense danger. She fixed herself up and held her pup close. That’s when it happened. The snake’s head came in through the cave opening, trying to strike at her. She jumped up and landed on his head. When he pulled his head out of the cave, Nikita jumped off running off into the forest. The snake hissed and slithered after her.

Back at the cave, Tisho just showed up. He's nose on high alert. He smelt the snake demon and looked around. His mate and daughter were nowhere to be seen. He ran off in the direction he smelt the snake go. When he arrived, his mate laid on the ground, the snakes tooth punctured right through her chest, killing her. Tisho roared in anger, traveling well past the wolf's territory on into his old. His son's head shooting up from his work at the sound at of his fathers roar. Tisho morphed into his full dog demon form, standing 10 feet off the ground. He took a step toward the snake demon, which was coiled back hissing. Tisho growled at him as he lunged for his throat. The snake ducked down and struck out biting the great dog on his shoulder but the snake was not safe. With Tisho's lung, his claw scrapped across the snakes eyes, permanently damaging it. The snake hissed in pain as it slithered off, to let his prey die a slow painful death.

Tisho turned towards his dead mate. He walked over and nudge her with his nose, hoping what he saw wasn't true. All he heard was his pup’s cry, coming from underneath her body. He morphed back to his human form and moved his mate off Kayko. He pulled her close and looked at his mate. His hand traced over her cheeks as he got up and ran off. He knew who had done this, and he was determined to save his daughter from Tasuki.

Miles away in a small village a young boy runs up to a game being played the older men in the village. He watched them kick a ball around. He wanted to play as he outstretched his hand for the ball. The guys looked at each other chuckling at the young boy before throwing the ball over their shoulder. The young boy smiled and ran after the ball. On the other side of the bridge, he picked up the ball and turned around to the people.

His small ears on his head flattened as the people walked away, laughing. His tiny ears twitched at one word before her turned around to his mother’s voice. He ran over to her and looked up with questioning eyes.

"Mother.... what’s a half breed?" His mother’s eyes watered as she knelt down and hugged him, tears streaming down her face.

"I'll tell you.... when your older baby." She stood up putting a hand on her shoulder and led him to their hut on the edge of the little town. She walked behind a screen and changed into work cloths. Their little hut was close to the forest she had a little garden growing and the surrounding trees had tons of fruit.

She walked outside with her son close behind. He now had a new ball to play with. He ran over to the garden and played in a little area set aside for him. He sat down and bounced the ball in front of him smiling. Izayoi smiled as she got to work in her garden. Unlike back at her home she had to work for everything she needed, but she liked it. She like having the satisfaction that came from growing her own food. Out of the corner of her eye a blur moved and disappeared. She slowly got up and watched it. Demons didn't live in this forest but that didn't mean they didn't come through.

Her eyes widen as Tisho stumbled out of the forest. Her hand covered her mouth as she ran to him. "My dearest!" She called as he fell to his knees only to be held up by the frail body of Izayoi. His heavy breathing heated up her shoulder as his arms stayed wrapped around his chest.

"Izayoi, i trust no one but you with this." His arms unwrapped themselves from his chest to show her his daughter.

"I'm not long for this world. A snake poisoned me after killing her mother. I want you to raise her. Please."

Izayoi took the pup from him as he fell on his hands coughing. On the ground was blood from his chest. "Please Izayoi. Do this one last thing for me."

Izayoi nodded her head as Tisho dragged himself off into the forest, refusing to die in front of her. She got up and ran back to her hut, holding on to Kayko. She called Inuyasha behind her as she walked into the hut and sat down on a mat. She opened the blanket that was wrapped tightly around her and smiled at the small child. She laid asleep in her arms her thumb in her mouth. Izayoi's eyes softened as Inuyasha walked up and looked at the baby.

"What is that?" he asked as he poked the baby. Her tiny eyes opened up as she stared at her perpetrator. He blinked and looked back at her. She started laughing at his ears, which were swiveling around. His ears stopped moving and she stopped laughing. He twitched one ear she laughed.

Izayoi giggled. "This is a baby. She's your sister." Inuyasha smiled at the baby as he made his ear twitch again. She laughed as her hands and feet kicked around.

"Will i be able to play with her?" He looked at his mother, excitement in his eyes.

"You will soon, right now she needs to be feed and cleaned." Inuyasha smiled and sat down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOO~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Back in the mountains Kayko paced her hut. She'd been there 5 years. She wanted to go exploring again. Her ears twitched as she stood up straight. She walked out of her hut and headed to her grandfathers. Ayame was already inside begging him to let her go see Kouga.


"No Ayame. You’re not going. You are needed here with your people" Kayko walked in as Ayame stomped her foot. Kayko lifted an eyebrow. 'That’s why he won't let you go you immature brat.' she thought to herself.

"Grandpa, I was wondering if I could go off, and scout out our territory. I also wanted to go looking for Isa. I really miss her." Her grandfather looked at her and smiled.

"Yes you may go, but come back soon." Kayko smiled and turned to walk out when her cousin began having a tantrum. "Why the hell does she get to go off on her own and not me?!?! I’ve been asking you for weeks to go out a look for my future husband."

Kayko's eye twitched. "He's not letting you go because 1: your acting like a child right now. If you were to go out there by yourself looking for someone you'd get lost and or killed. 2: Your too young. You don't have the proper fighting skills to go out on your own. 3: Kouga is not yours. He told me he wanted to make me his mate. You were fast asleep on his back. Now grow up and become a lady."

Kayko waved good-bye to her grandfather as she walked out, leaving a fuming Ayame behind. Kayko smiled as she walked off into the forest. Her ears and eyes searching the area. Her nose picked up on the smell of a demon, but she paid no heed to it. It was nothing but a small lizard demon. Kayko continued on into the forest. Her destination being her brother stuck to a tree.

3 days pasted before she made it to the tree. She looked up at her brother. He looked as if he were just in a deep sleep. Her hand reached out for him but she moved it back to her side. If she touched her brother she'd only curl up crying. She turned and walked off. Isa wasn't far away. Her nose tracked Isa down to her favorite spot. Isa was sitting in a tree staring up at the sky. Her long black hair flowing over her shoulders and moving in the light breeze. Her foot dangled from the tree branch as she continued in thought, not knowing Kayko had walked up.

"Pretty night isn't it." Kayko said aloud as she stared out at the sunset. She heard a screech from above before finding herself being squeezed to death by the woman. Kayko squealed and hugs back.

"Its been to long." Isa nodded her head as she stepped back. "Nothing much has changed on you."

Kayko laughed slightly. " Same goes to you chika." They both laughed as they sat on the ground, talking about what they had done for the last 4 years. Kayko was shocked when Isa told her that she had dated a bunch of guys, one being Sesshoumaru. Kayko looked off at the sunset.

"I haven't seen him since the day I went to the north. He saved me from a demon who was trying to come on to me." Isa looked at her and looked off at the same sunset.

"He really does care for you. He told me so, so many times. He regrets making you feel like he didn't care for you." Out the corner of her eye she saw Kayko stiffen.

Kayko relaxed slightly and looked off. "I only wish you are telling the truth."

Morning came before the girls knew it. They laid out in Isa little place asleep under the sun. Isa slowly sat up as she looked off. She hadn't told Kayko that another guy was courting her. She was allowing many men to court her, not in bed, only with seeing how they treated her. She looked off into the forest as her new eye candy walked over.

Naraku smiled at Isa. He had been searching the forest for her all night only to find her in her favorite place. He looked next to her and saw the other woman he was after. His plan in the whole "get rid of Inuyasha scheme" was to get the girls. He already had Isa, now he needed her friend. He looked back at Isa and smiled and knelt down by her.

"You scared me darling. I didn't know where you were." Isa smiled an apologetic smile.

"I'm sorry. My best friend showed up and we ended up staying out her all night talking." Naraku smiled and rubbed his hand against her cheek. "Its alright I understand, just try and find a way to tell me next time so I’m not scared."

Isa nodded as Kayko began to stir next to her. Kayko's eyes fluttered open as she looked up. The hairs on the back of her neck stood up, her tail fluffing up slightly. Her eyes narrowed as they came upon the man before her. Long black hair framed his pail face, his red eyes seemed to penetrate her soul, and his smile, his smile was the worst. It made her want to shudder in fear. She stood up, standing behind her friend. Her instincts were telling her to run. To run far away from the man before her.

He just turned and smiled at her. "My name is Naraku. What might yours be?"

Kayko's eyes narrowed. "I don't give my name out to just anyone."

Isa glared at her friend. She turned and smiled at Naraku and placed a hand on his chest. "Give me a second to talk to her."

She turned and walked towards her friend, grabbing her by the arm and dragging her off. Kayko continued to glare at the man till Isa Stopped behind a tree.

"Why are you being so rude?!" She demanded, her black dog-ears flat against her head.

"You call that a man. He's whole being screams evil. Why are you dating something like that?" Kayko challenged. Isa's eyes glared harder at her friend.

"If you don't like him just say so. No need to be rude to him." Isa retorted. Kayko's whole demeanor straightened as she walked away from the tree and walked towards Naraku. Isa followed confused. Her eyes soon stood up and a glare came back to her confused eyes. Isa had read what Kayko had on her mind.

Kayko walked up to the demon, "You are nothing but a low some creature who I can't even say is a demon. You’re going to be the death of my friend and I don't like you dating her." Isa continued to glare at her friend. Naraku returned a glare of his own at Kayko. She turned around walking of her tail flicking behind her as she disappeared into the forest. Isa stood there in shock. Naraku was down right appalled. She had just disrespected him. (Tail flicking is a sign of disrespect to all demons, name calling to the lesser demons. If its to a Tiayokai its basically a sign of total disrespect or rejection. Respect being something that all Tiayokai demand to be treated with.)

Kayko continued through the forest. The anger fuming off her aura as she passed many demons. The demons either cowered or ran for their life at the strong aura. She stopped as she reached a river. She stared at the water before stepping one foot in at a time. Water always calmed her. She loved the feeling of the loose dirt between her toes and the water creasing her skin. She sat down on the bank, her tail lying on top of the water. She looked off at the forest on the other side of the river.

A sudden thought came to mind. Where was Kouga? She never found out where he lived, only that he lived in the East and she was in the center of all the territories. Her tail twitched and landed on the bank next to her, spraying water as it went. She looked around. Her head pointed to the right of her towards the North. "If that’s where I live..." She thought out loud as her head turned towards the trees in front of her "..And that’s the way to the West, to Sesshoumaru's castle...." She turned and looked behind her. Her ears dropped, ".. That means I have to walk that way again to the Eastern territory." She silently growled to herself. The forest they were in was closest to the West and in the direction behind her was Isa and her creepy boyfriend, but could Kayko really walk off on her friend? Could see let her friend go for another few years to go visit the man that said he would make her his mate?

She sighed and got up, stepping out of the water and walking back in the direction she came in. She couldn't and wouldn't leave Isa to the fate of staying with that creature. She walked back to where she had been before, only to find her friend gone. She looked around. Her smell and that creature’s smell were nowhere. As if they had never been there. "Isa?! Isa where are you?" She yelled as she walked on. When she stopped walking she found herself back at her brothers tree. She stared up at him. If only he wasn't up there. Isa would never have been with the creepy creature that called himself a demon. That made himself look like a demon. A few tears trickled their way down her cheeks as she felt a hand come up and wipe them away.

She turned around only to have Naraku's face right behind her. "Your too beautiful to cry over petty things."

Kayko glared. "Shouldn't you be with Isa and not flirting or touching me?" She moved her face away from his hand.

Naraku lifted an eyebrow. "I'm only here to be on good terms with you. Isa is very upset you don't like me and insulted me the way you did." He tugged on her tail as a reminder.

Kayko's eyes rimmed red for a second before she slapped him across the face. "Remove your hand from my person. I have not given you permission to touch me"

Naraku let go of her tail as his hand came to rub his cheek. "I've never had a woman slap me before."

Kayko's tail fluffed up behind her as she glare. "There’s always a first for everything. I'll also be the first to turn you down cause I know where you’re going. The twinkle in your eye told me when you saw me with a few tears. You’re trying to come on to me, to make me like you like Isa does. I won't buy it. I don't trust you. Ever muscle in my body is telling me to run away from you. My instinct is telling me your no good. I don't know why Isa doesn't see it. Your evil and I will not sub come to you." She turned around and ran off following her instinct. It told her to run long and hard. It told her to run till she was tired and to continue running when she became tired.

Naraku glared at the retreating form of Kayko. She was right; she was the first to turn him down, to reject him. He wanted nothing more than to make her submit to him, to have her tied to the ground beneath him while he had his way with her. He turned around and walked off. He'd get her back, oh he would show her who was boss.

2 days of running had Kayko crumbled to the ground on her hands and knees. Her arms shaking at the weight they were holding up. Her chest heaved up and down as she panted trying to catch her breath. She fell over and rolled her self over on to her back. Sweat droplets rolled down in bead off her forehead and chest. Her legs twitched with pain at running for so long and so hard. Her chest seemed to heave faster as she tried to catch her breath.

Hiding in the forest 2 gold orbs noticed Kayko lying there. What had made her run like death was on her tail? His eyes narrowed as the familiar voice of his new follower called out but Kayko didn't stir. He noticed her ears were pressed against her head and her eyes were closed, but her mouth still was open and her chest heaved up and down as hard as before. His new follower walked up and looked through the trees at the lady his Lord was spying on. His mouth hung open at the beauty. "Are you interested in that Lady, Milord?"

Sesshoumaru looked down at his Jaken with disgust. "No, that lady in my sister so it would be wise not to drool over her in my presence Jaken."

Jaken gulped down a lump in his throat as Sesshoumaru walked out from the tree. Kayko still hadn't noticed his presence till she was lifted into his arms. Kayko stared at him confused then glared.

"I am not hurt brother, so there is no need to carry me." Sesshoumaru ignored what she said as he continued to walk on carrying her. Jaken waddled after Sesshoumaru greatly shocked that his Lord was carrying a woman, even if she was his sister. Kayko looked at the odd creature and lifted an eyebrow.

"Who are you? I have never seen you before. I know all of Sesshoumaru's followers so you have to be new." her hair hung up side down as she stared at the upside down toad.

Jaken buffed out his chest, "I am Jaken, Lord Sesshoumaru's personal adviser." Kayko lifted an eyebrow at the odd creature before pulling herself up. Her ear twitched as she glared at her brother.

"Why are you still carrying me and WHERE are you taking me?" Sesshoumaru lifted a slim eyebrow at her then looked back at the forest ahead.

"This Sesshoumaru is taking you home so you can rest. You have obviously been running for hours maybe even days and you need to rest somewhere that is safe." Kayko just glared at him.

"And your arms are my safe place huh? What makes you think I wasn't fine back there, laying on the ground?" Her arms crossed across her chest as she raised an accusing eyebrow at him.

Sesshoumaru gave her his famous 'hn' sound as he continued on. Kayko soon gave up on the argument as well. Her head found its way to his shoulder as she fell asleep, a small smile forming on her face. Sesshoumaru looked at her out the corner of his eyes and sighed. He was truly thankful his sister had finally fallen asleep. He didn't know what scared her so much that the fight or flight instinct took over and made her run but he was glad she was in his arms safe and sound.

Sesshoumaru looked at the path ahead of him, thinking. The only reason Kayko didn't trust him, didn't care for him like she did Inuyasha was of how he treated her. He remembered the day he found out he had a full blood demon sister. He didn't realize till he met her she was 1/2 wolf 1/2 dog........


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~OOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOO~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


His amber eyes spied the village his half-breed brother lived. It was said his little sister lived there too. He stayed to the shadows watching the village. He watched all the humans walking around. Women sitting in the gardens with their fans over their faces as they flirted with many of the men there. He scoffed at the act and looked off. He spotted what he was looking for. A human woman walked by, many of the other humans scoffing at her. He could hear some of the comments given by the passer byers. He knew she could hear them too but the look on her face said she had heard it all before. He looked down at her feet to see two young kids running around.

He narrowed his eyes as he took a closer look. The boy looked to be a little over 10, but he could smell his father’s blood in him. Sesshoumaru huffed and looked at the other child. A little girl, looking about 5. His eyes narrowed into a glare. The girl had ears like his half demon brother. The rumors were nothing but a lie. He turned to leave when something about the girl caught his eye. A tail?

He turned back around and watched the little family disappear behind some huts. He stood there, stumped. Was she half demon or not? He took a whiff of the air. The little family smelt of a human, and half demon, and..... a wolf/dog? He looked back at the village, confusion clear on his face. His usual blank face appeared as he walked on down the edge of the forest. The smell of the family was not that far away.

The sky smelt wet as he watched the elegant woman walk into hurt hut looking rich and coming back out in old worn out cloths. His elegant eyebrow rose slightly. 'Odd for a princess to dress that way.' he thought. He shrugged the thought away as he stared at the little girl. She smelt of his father, that he was sure, but she looked wolf. His eyes narrowed as he finally got it. ' He bedded with a wolf.' He was brought from his thoughts as he saw the young girl tackle her brother. They both laughed as he turned to pin her but she had moved faster then he.

Sesshoumaru gave a small smile. ' Maybe she will be useful.' he thought. It was apparent that she moved fast. He watched the little girl walked over to the woman she called mother and told her of the on coming rain. The woman smiled and kissed the child on her forehead. "Hn" was the only thing that came from his throat as the rain began to fall. The young woman ran inside to get out of the rain as her son followed close on her heels. The young girl stayed out in the rain. Staring off into the forest, directly at Sesshoumaru. He slowly made his way out of the forest staring back at her. His ears picked up on the soft gasp given off by the woman in the hut.

"Kayko, honey, come inside now." She said with a little urgency in her voice. The young girl looked at the woman before returning her gaze up at Sesshoumaru. Sesshoumaru’s cold gaze was on the woman as she stepped out of the hut and froze in mid step. It appears she was trying to get to the child. Kayko looked back at her adoptive mom. She was scared. She turned and looked at the strange man before starting to back up away from him. His eyes flashed to her as she gasped and ran towards her. Izayoi started running to her, and as her first footfall hit the ground, Kayko was in Sesshoumaru’s arms.

"The child will live with me now. She will learn what’s it like to be a real Demon." Izayoi yelled as she tried to run after him.

"No! Don't take her!!! I promised her father!!" She tripped and lay there crying in the rain as Sesshoumaru's form disappeared and the yells from Kayko dissipated. Inuyasha ran out to his mother and hugged her. She held on to her son.

"I'm sorry my dearest. I failed you." She kept mumbling as she held Inuyasha close to her.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Sesshoumaru stared down at his sister as she lay down near the fire he built. She had woken up and thrown a fit over him taking her to the west. He finally agreed to stop for the night. Jaken was leaning up against a tree sleeping soundly too. He turned his gaze to the skies. He wondered what he'd have to do t gain his little sister's trust back. He never had to do this with any other woman. If they were pissed at him, he'd just throw them out. His eyes slowly closed as he too fell into a light sleep.

He's eyes opened up quick. The air smelt different. He looked around only to see Kayko gone and a note in the dirt saying, 'Thanks for watching over me for the night, I'll be fine on my own for awhile.' The corner of his lip tilted up into a half smile before going back to its original place. He got up and kicked Jaken over.

"Wake up Jaken, we need to get moving." Jaken fell over before jumping back up.

" Yes milord." Sesshoumaru turned and started walking, following the scent of his little sister.

Kayko had gotten up in the middle of the night and head off towards the north. It was about time she got home and something in the back of her mind told her to get home. The early morning breeze felt good on her skin after a long night next to a hot fire. Her tail whisked in the wind as she felt the dew on the pads of her feet.

Her ears twitched to the side as the bush moved. Her eyes stared out the corner as she continued walking. She turned her attention back to the road when something dashed out of the bush and tried to attack her. She jumped up into a tree as a snake demon's face came into contact with the ground. It reared its head back and hissed at her.

She stared at it as i made the signature S that all snakes made before they struck at their prey. She jumped up higher into a different tree as the tree branch she was on snapped in half due to the snake’s jaws. It turned towards Kayko again, this time she noticed its one of its eyes was messed up, seemingly scratched out.

Her attention was turned to the sound of her grandfather yelling for her. She jumped off the tree branch and into the tree next to her again and again till she made it to her grandfather and jumped down next to him. She picked him up and jumped into another tree as the snake struck out at where they were moments before.

" Oh good, he hasn't gotten you too." He looked down at the snake with hate.

" He took my baby girl from me." he mentally hit himself as he looked at Kayko. Her body was ridged.

" You mean that thing took my mom away from me?!" He looked at her a nodded. He was about to speak again when Kayko jumped out of the tree and attack the snake, kicking him hard in the back of the head. The snake hissed as it fell to the ground. Kayko jumped off his head back into another tree.

“Kayko don't fight him, run from it!!" Her grandfather yelled. He didn't want to lose her like he did his daughter.

Kayko ignored him. She knew couldn't run. He just continued after her. The snakes straightened itself up and looked at her.

" You want me! Try and catch me!" Kayko took off into the trees. She was leading the snake into a trap. In the forest she couldn't take to her true form, but in an open meadow she could. She looked back behind her as the snake slithered after her. She smiled as she jumped into the field. The jump carried her to the other side as she landed and turned around towards the demon.

The snake slithered up. His eyes staring the she-wolf down. What was she up too?

" I have been waiting many years to sink my fangs into your flesh and today it will become reality." He struck at her again only to have his mouth full of dirt. He hissed loudly when a set of teeth came in contact with his skin. He whipped his head back and sent the offender off. He turned to see a lard gray/white wolf. The wolf growled at him as his tongue flickered out to taste the air. The wolf had that woman’s sent on it.

He glared at her as he coiled up ready for the next strike. Kayko stood back surveying her opponent. In the forest, red eyes watched the fight. The snake was the first to strike. The battle continued for hours. Both the snake and Kayko were out of breath. The snake’s body was covered in cuts as well as Kayko’s. Though none of the cuts or scrapes where not due to the snakes teeth.

Kayko charged at the snake when it had looked off, thinking of running off. She ducked down underneath it and shot up, her jaws wrapping firmly around its neck. The snake began to squirm. Its long body pushing Kayko to her feet and backing up to keep hold of him. The snake’s mouth continued to snap wildly as it tired to bite any part of the irritating wolf. Something made both the demons stop moving. Their lower extremities weren’t moving. Out the corner of Kayko’s eye she saw him, Naraku smiling at her as his hands were being pulled back to his chest.

Her mouth open as a loud roar escaped before she clamped down hard on the snake. There was no way in hell she’d lose him. And as her teeth made their way into the snake’s scales, they were frozen in stone.

Sesshoumaru ran into the little meadow as Naraku left unnoticed. He stared in disbelief. There in front of him, if he didn’t know better, a stone sculpture of Kayko and the snake demon fighting. Soon the wolf pack came upon the scene and stared at their Heir. The lord of the North walked up, the look of sorrow and regret on his face. The snake’s body had Kayko standing on her hind legs. One paw had its claws imbedded in the underbelly scales the other hanging out in mid air trying to get some grip on the snake. The snakes head was throw back in pain as Kayko’s muzzle had moved from under its neck to the back of his head, her eyes scanning the area in front of her, anger clear on her stone face. The Lord threw his head back in sorrow as the pack followed suit. They sang the sad song of losing their heir, their princess, their Kayko.