InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ To Bind a Soul ❯ Two Sits for the Price of One ( Chapter 9 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Chapter 9-

Chapter 9- Two Sits for the Price of One

Shippou watched as the two humans before him talk about Inuyasha and Kagome. It was actually kind of funny how the vein in the monk's head would pop out when Sango said he couldn't go and ask the young couple what had exactly happened. "They aren't ready to tell us, Houshi-sama. We must respect their wishes."

"Did you see the way Inuyasha dropped after Kagome-sama left? It was indescribable. For Inuyasha to openly display such pain . . ."

"I know, Houshi-sama, but we will not ask any questions until they are willing to talk to us about it," Sango stated strongly.

She very much wanted to know what was going on, but it wasn't her place. Sango worried for Kagome, but she knew the young miko couldn't be any safer than with Inuyasha. That dog-demon was too stubborn to let any harm come to Kagome. That thought assured Sango.

"You are right," Miroku sighed. "I just worry for them."

"I know. Do not worry too much. You know they will be fine."

"Yes. They will be just fine," he agreed.

~_^

Sango and Miroku might have agreed not to ask Kagome and Inuyasha what was going on, but Shippou certainly hadn't. And that was the first thing he was going to do as soon as they returned.

Shippou watched as the sun set in the far off horizon. He was presently sitting patiently on the lip of the well waiting for his favorite human to return. The baby kitsune felt he had a right to know what was going on, and at the moment he didn't feel like arguing with himself over what gave him that right.

Kagome was like a mother to him. And whether Shippou wanted to acknowledge it or not, Inuyasha was the closest thing he had to a father. It was difficult at times for the kitsune to see the dog-demon in that light, but it didn't make it any less true.

If Kagome doesn't come back soon, I'm gonna fall asleep, Shippou thought absently. Just when he had given up any hope of them returning, he heard the familiar voices of Kagome and Inuyasha. Or the familiar arguing. Those two rarely if ever talked without arguing, though it was getting less and less common lately.

"I am not wearing those clothes, Wench."

"You have to if you're going to go to school with me, Inuyasha."

"Then I'm not going to that stupid skool."

"Yes you are."

"NO I'M NOT."

"YES YOU ARE."

"BITCH, NO I'M NOT."

"SIT!"

Two distinct thuds could be heard. Shippou could barely believe his little eyes. Kagome had sat Inuyasha, but . . . but Kagome went down too!

Kagome became aware of was that she couldn't feel her legs, and man did her butt hurt! "Ugh . . . Fuck," she whispered as she slowly stood up.

Inuyasha could barely believe his eyes. Kagome had gotten sat too? Kagome had gotten sat too! Kami was smiling on him.

Even though Kagome might have also gotten sat, she recovered from the subduing spell faster than Inuyasha. Inuyasha couldn't help it. He started laughing. At first they were only small giggles, but soon enough it was all out cackling.

Shippou had to cover his ears from the shear volume of it. "Kagome . . ." the young kitsune said slowly.

Kagome looked at the scene before her. "Dammit."

^_^

Miroku looked up as one very happy hanyou and one very pissed off miko walked through the hut door. "Do we have a new predicament on our hands?" Miroku asked, slightly amused at the way Kagome's face turned red.

"You could say that," Inuyasha answered pleasantly.

"It's awful!" Kagome spat out.

"Please, elaborate," Miroku replied.

"Kagome can't sit me anymore!" Inuyasha said happily.

Miroku choked on the water he had been drinking. "What? Kagome-sama, is this true?"

"No, I can still s- I can still say the spell, but it . . ." Kagome couldn't continue. She was having a hard time dealing with it all.

"She gets sat too!" Inuyasha finished for Kagome.

"You can't be serious," Sango said from the door.

"It's true," Kagome admitted miserably.

Shippou was in shock in Kagome's arms. He was gonna die. Inuyasha was gonna kill him. And Kagome couldn't save him. It was all too much for the little kitsune. Without another thought, Shippou started crying.

"Shippou-Chan? What's wrong?" Kagome asked, her voice laced with concern.

"I'm gonna die!"

"Shippou-Chan?" Kagome repeated, though this time she had a slight smile on her face.

"Inuyasha's gonna kill me!"

Kagome could feel Inuyasha vibrating with barely controlled laughter. "No he won't," Kagome repeated.

"Yes he will, and you can't save me anymore!" Shippou broke down in tears.

"He won't kill you, I won't let him."

"How?" Shippou stopped crying long enough to ask.

"Threats of course."

"And how are you going to threaten me, Wench?" Inuyasha asked skeptically.

"Easy. If you kill Shippou-Chan, you don't get anymore Ramen. Simple as that."

"N-Nani?" Inuyasha asked in disbelief. "You wouldn't do that to me, would you?"

"If you kill Shippou-Chan I will. And now that I think about it, If you don't go to school with me I will."

Inuyasha pouted for a moment before answering. "You're evil."

"I learn from the best, dog-boy."

"Humph," was Inuyasha's reply.

Kagome was suddenly happy again. Why didn't I think of the threat before? Was her thought as she rested her head on the hanyou's shoulder.

Sango watched as Inuyasha picked Kagome up and set her in the cradle of his lap. The young miko was nodding off to sleep. Well, it's been an emotionally stressing day for her, the demon exterminator concluded.

Shippou was surprised when Inuyasha didn't push him off Kagome after the said girl had fallen asleep. In fact, the dog-demon had been quite tolerant, if not . . . nice. Something was definitely up, and Shippou was going to find out if it was the last thing he ever did, right after he got a good night's sleep of course. The sun had set ages ago. Curled up between Kagome and Inuyasha, he was quite comfortable. He was warm, content, and happy. And with a smile on his face, the baby kitsune fell asleep.

Inuyasha watched as Shippou fell asleep at the speed that only small children are capable of. With Kagome's hands fisted in his haori, her head resting under his chin, and Shippou curled up beside his chest, Inuyasha couldn't help but fall asleep also. And Inuyasha, like Kagome and Shippou, also had a small smile on his face while he slept.

^_^

Okay, this is gonna be the last chapter for the next two weeks! I'm going on vacation so I'm not going to be able to update for a while. But I'm sure to come up with a bunch of great ideas while I'm hanging out at the beach. I'll try to get something out while I'm gone if I happen to come upon a computer, but knowing my family, I'll be lucky if I can find a VCR. See y'all when I get back! ~_^ ***

fire_goddess