InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Under Anothers Watchful Eye ❯ The Realization And Damage Of Doubt ( Chapter 6 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]


Disclaimer: I do not own InuYasha and company. Soul rights belong to Rumiko Takashi

Note: -*-*-*- Means we are seeing a dream. It will not be in italic.

Note: 'This is how it will be written if it is thought to ones self.'
Authors Note: Has every one heard or knew? Yesterday, September 13, The anime series InuYasha ended. Although there will be more projects in the future, the news is a terribly horrible one

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kagome layed restless aginst InuYasha. She had woken up shortly after she had fallen asleep. The stress she felt was uncompairable. Had it all been a dream? InuYasha slept soundly next to her, his arms wrapped around her stomach in a protective manner that could only mean that it was real. He was scared that she would leave him if he did not hold on tight enough. In a sense, she clung to that thought, it may have been a little bit twisted, but knowing that she ment enough to InuYasha that he feared her leaveing, comforted her some what. She knew that she was important to him, and in ways like this, he was beginning to show it. Kagome covered InuYashas hand with her own, and stroked it lightly. She wished every night could be like this.

Just hours ago, she planned never to return. Kikyo was more important to him than she, and she knew that. Kikyo had been there first, and had her claim on him. She had every right to want to join. But some how, it just was not fair. In all truth, Kagome knew that she was the rebound girl, taking the place of the one he had lost, trying to fix the wounds, some that only she could possibly mend. She hated that thought. Kikyo would only deepen the cut, and reopen the scars she had tried to close. The problem was, Kikyo was like poison. She could make InuYashas heart sofen if she wanted, and fix the blows that had been thrust to his heart. But the thing was, Kikyo seemed to enjoy making the scars re-open.

How could any one want to hurt InuYasha? Kagome looked back at him, he looked so content when he was asleep. He took in one long breath, then released it. When you dream, your brain is resolving issues that you were not able to do so in consciousness. What ever his brain was working through, he seemed happy enough. Kagome wondered if he was dreaming of her or Kikyo.

Kagome let out a tired yawn, then let her eye lids droop down. Before she realized it, she had fallen asleep. And dreaming, unfortunatly, goes with the territory.
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


Kagome ran through the forest. Her feet were not as swift as InuYashas normally, but, she ran with great speed now. As if she her mind had been in a diffent place, she was suddenly thrust back into reality. She wondered why she was running, as if she had forgotten. Suddenly, a rush of rememberance came back
to her.


She had returned from the hot springs. She saw Kikyos soul collectors slitter through the air, cutting through the wind like a criminal. But in a sense it was. They had no right to be here, no right to take the souls of women who had passed. The thought sickened her deeply. The realization that they could be headed to collect InuYasha and wean him to come to her started to come to her mind. She hurridly started to run, raceing back to meet the group at a the
camp site.


When she reached them, her eyes raced, scanning through the faces of her friends, tring to pick out InuYasha. He was absent. Her remaining friends wore sad frowns when they noticed her presents. Through their pained expression, Kagome could tell that her theory had proven true: InuYasha had gone to see

Kikyo.


"Sango?" Kagome said in a fusterated voice, trying to push the sadness away.


"InuYasha has gone to her, hasn't he?"


"Kagome... You know that he-"


"Sango?"


"What is it Kagome?" She asked, a little scared.


"May I borrow Kirara?"


"Why, yes, ofcourse, but Kagome what are you going -"


"Im going home."


With that she walked away, and Kirara followed after her, catching up, then transforming into her full form. Kagome rode away on the back of the two tailed fire cat.


When she approched the well, two figures stood by it. Silver hair shined streaked aginst the beams of the moon light, and black hair accompanyed it. She saw a look in InuYashas eye that she had not seen in a long time........


-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-



Kagomes heart started to beat a little faster, and slightly louder. Not enough to wake up the hanyou next to her, but loud enough that it could be called irregular. She began to sweat, and her body began to tense. She moved a little, shakeing her head. InuYasha had noticed, but they were no diffrent than any other of her sleeping areobics. He just nuzzeld into her more, trying to sooth her, even though he was fast asleep. Call it instinct, or call it intuition, but what ever it was, he had it, and did it. She woke up to his touch, and became breathless.



Sure, she had just had another nightmare. What scared her was that she thought that phase in her life was over. She, long ago, had stopped haveing dreams that upset her. Ones that brought anxity to her days and fear into her nights. But some thing was diffrent about this one, she felt like she could... remember. But that was just crazy. In all the night mares she had had over her time here, she had not remembered a one of them. What would make this one any diffrent? Nothing right? Right. But the issue she faced was that they had come back.


What Kagome wondered most was, why now? Why was it that her dreams came back to now, of all times? They had realitivly stoped when InuYasha and her realtionship had grown more close, more, intimate, more... loveing. Yes, thats what had happened. InuYasha showed that he cared. The facade that he put up could blind any one, except her. She was always able to see through it, and in many ways, that frightended him. Even Kikyo had not been able to see him like Kagome did. Sure, she saw that he was hurting, and that the tough exteriour he put up may not be true. But she was not sure, with Kagome, how ever, she had no doubts in her mind, not giving the idea a second thought. She saw him for what he truely was, and to any person, that can be intimidating.


She was doing it agian. Compairing herself to Kikyo. The Kikyo. The miko who was once so powerful that she could purify the Shikon No Tama. The Kikyo that had sent an arrow through her hanyou lover, pierceing him to a tree, where he would lay dormant for fifty years. Ofcourse, like all love affiars, theirs was kept in secrect. Other wise, it would not be an affiar. Only few had known about the love that Kikyo and InuYasha shared. Kikyos younger sister Kaeda had been one of the chosen few. She had spyed them shareing a conversation. Kikyo would have told her sooner or later, because in retro- spect, kaeda was more her friend than sister. She looked up to the older sibling, and envied her at the same time. Although the mixture can be a dangerous one, that was not the case then.


The reason Kikyo wished to keep their love under wraps was because, it would truely bring disgrace to her family name. A hanyou and a miko? A mixture of the hated and feared demon race, and human, whos mother mated with that race. No, it was a disgrace to even give eye contact to a half breed. Sure, if InuYasha used the jewel, he would no longer have that part of him in his body, in his blood, but the fact remains that it had once coursed through those same veins. He was tainted no matter which way you looked at it. Kikyo, had, for more or less, wanted to use InuYasha so that she herself could be free. As time progressed on, she started to like the half breed, for who he was. Not enough to say that they were involved, but enough to not mind spending her time with him. A friend ship blossemed for her, while love came for him. She told him the words his heart needed to hear, and realized, she needed to hear them as well.


When Naraku had played his foul trick, she thought it was InuYasha betraying her, not the paralyzed bandit Onigumo in another form. When you are betrayed, it hurts, and it hurt her. Kikyo hated the idea that he had faked his friend ship. She was supposed to be a normal women, and he a normal man. It was not supposed to work out that way. It should have gone according to plan. She hated the fates. But the person who twists them, she hated more. But how strong is hate? More so, how strong is her hate?


Kagome sighed. The dreams. They had caused her realtionship with InuYasha to grow so much more. In a sense she thanked them, yet in the same breath, cursed them into eternity. True, it is one extreme to the other, but it is how it is. InuYashas hand twitched a little, drawing her out of her thoughts, and she looked down at it. His long slender fingers were glued to he hips, his claws lightly peeking out at the sides of her stomach. She picked up his hand, and moved it to her face, there fore it craddled her in a sense. From this unexpected movement, the hanyou himself awoke, and looked down at the women who had been haunting his dreams.


Some thing was wrong. She had picked up his hand, and had rested it close to her. He could tell by her breathing patterns that she was awake. He whispered in a tone almost unhearable.


"Kagome?" He said.


"Inu... InuYasha." She had jumped at his voice.


"You scared me half to death!"


"Why are you still up?"


"I woke up a little bit ago."



"Oh." He said in reply. He shifted his body so that she was useing his upper arm as a pillow, and he hugged her close to him, crossing his arms at the lower part of her stomach.


"InuYasha?"


"What?"


"I... I had another night mare..."


"But you said you woke up!" His voice spiked.


"I did. It felt diffrent, but it was a night mare."


"Im sorry Kagome, I should not have fallen asle-"


"Dont be sorry for being tired."


"But, Kagome..." He tried.


"No, its okay."


"Still, I should have-"


"No, I already told you, its okay. I am going to try and go back to sleep."


"Ok."


InuYasha spent the few hours that remained, watching over Kagome, noticeing the slightest change that her sleep brought to her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A tall figure walked around aimlessly. He was upset, and fidgety. His appointment was an hour off sheduale. He hated to be kept waiting. He wanted all the news that this person had to offer. And it should be a lot. He neede this allie, because with this new information, he could plot his next move.