InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Value Of A Woman ❯ Saturday ( Chapter 6 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Author's Notes: Alright peeps, now despite the title it's not at all as kinky as it sounds lol…honest, cross my heart and stitch it. And this is the last chappy *sob* so read and please review afterwards. Thank you!
 
Disclaimer: No own inu-tachi
 
Inu-Channie :P
 
**********************
 
Saturday - We Make Love Again
 
**********************
 
Finally things are functioning normally again…
 
**********************
 
Inuyasha didn't arrive until early afternoon, around two o'clock. As soon as he touched down, he left his colleagues and he went looking for a suitable present in the city. After an hour of searching lingerie, diamond rings, white gold, red roses, and the Bahamas just didn't say “sorry” the way he wanted it to. He looked around, desperate to have inspiration come to him any time. He came across a sign in a jewellery shop window:
 
`Love your girl? Need to show her how much you care?
Then write her name in the stars'
 
It was written next to a lot of diamonds and blimps too…
 
Inspiration struck Inuyasha and he went in to inquire.
 
<>Good work Inspiration, you've never failed me<> Sensitivity and Inspiration gave hi fives.
 
<>No prob' mate, anytime. It's my job to do spur of the moment things<> and he vanished in the shape of a frog. Inuyasha would have a time trying working out why he was thinking of a frog at such a crucial moment in his life and relationship.
 
<>What a great guy. Knows how to mess people up in a nice way. Great guy<>
 
***************
 
He got home later than he expected. The details for tonight had to be planned to a T. He kicked off his shoes, dumped his travel bag and went off in search of his wife, throwing his jacket over a chair in the hallway.
 
“Kagome?”
 
The living room, kitchen, dining room, bathroom and bedroom were all empty. That's when he realised the balcony door from the bedroom was open. He moved quietly to the door. Kagome was leaning on the balcony, hair loose, her light blue summer dress swaying gently. He came up behind her and placed his hands on her shoulders, rubbing his thumbs over the skin gently. What surprised him was that she was allowing him to touch her.
 
“Hey.”
 
“…Hey” was her delayed response. She sounded lonely…maybe it was breaking her up inside just like it was torturing him.
 
“Nice night huh?”
 
“Sure is.” He breathed in deeply preparing himself for his wife's return or his *gulp* castration. He turned her around to face him, she reluctantly followed. He then held her hands kissing each of her fingertips before continuing.
 
“Kagome, there is nothing else I can do but to say I am deeply sorry for hurting you like this. I know keeping the album must have…confused and upset you and truthfully Kagome, I should have realised it before…I thought my reassurance of me loving you would be enough to make you feel secure about our relationship. I shouldn't have been so egotistical, thinking I knew right from the start. You probably thought I was comparing you two: there could never have been such an easier comparison: you would come out tops each time.
 
You even told me how you felt: inadequate, not appealing, ugly maybe but I didn't listen to you when I should have. You're right, I had a lesson to learn and albeit I had a little help, I've learnt it well and truly.
 
All those things, about you being childish and stupid, I never meant it. I was just so frustrated that I took it out on you. If anything I was being childish, throwing my plate about,” she smiled slightly.
 
“You're my present and my future, koi. I couldn't imagine being with anybody else but you. What happened in the past, happened but if you want to keep talking about it, I'll talk with you, we'll resolve this. I just…I just don't want us to break up. I love you Kagome, so much that it actually hurts. It is you I have always loved but it was my stubbornness that kept me from saying so. Please forgive me. I'm so sorry.” He finished quietly. She was looking at him now, bordering on forgiveness and a hard resolution, her eyebrows knitted in compassion but her mouth a hard thin line.
 
<<Go back to him!>> Merciless cried. She could see Ego waving wildly from Inuyasha's shoulder and she was itching to reach him.
 
<<Yeah for Mercy's sake and sanity, even she deserves some forgiveness!>> Forgiveness cried out as well.
 
<<He's said sorry and I'd never say this normally but…forgive him? Please? I miss Ego...>>
 
<>This is it buddy boy, makeup or break-up…literally. One false move and you better hope you have a soft landing from over that balcony<> Ego whispered wringing his hands violently.
 
<>Come on, Inuyasha don't let yourself down now. Finish it…” Sensitivity murmured anxiously, stealing a glance at Forgiveness…<>
 
“If you don't believe I'm sorry, look up.” Kagome turned around slowly and looked up and gasped. Above her against the pastel blue sky the words:
 
KAGOME, KOIBITO, I LOVE YOU RE-MARRY ME
INUYASHA
 
were printed.
 
“Inuyasha,” Kagome sighed softly.
 
“Just say yes.” He whispered to her, a smile beginning in the corners of his mouth.
 
“Yes.” She complied.
 
He tightened his hold around her waist and affectionately nuzzled her neck. Nothing too heavy…yet. She turned around in his arms and hugged him tightly.
 
“I love you,” he whispered, his breath tickling her ear.
 
She pulled back slightly to look at him. “Show me how much you love me.”
 
“Huh?”
 
“Show me that I'm better than that woman; show me I'm worth more than her.”
 
“Certainly koishii.”
 
********************************************************
 
Ego and Merciless danced around on the top sheets of the bed, away from the shoulders of their respective human/hanyou, dodging the occasional swinging leg from said human/hanyou in its efforts to get comfortable.
 
<>Well worked out alright in the end huh bro?<> Ego asked drunkenly, one arm around Merciless, who was clinging to his neck, giggling into his ear. For once, Sensitivity and Forgiveness weren't their proper and prim selves. Sensitivity's head popped up from out of a crease in the sheet, his tuxedo jacket strewn aside, his shirt buttons undone. His hair was ruffled and he had red lipstick smudged on his lips. Ego looked shocked.
 
<>Red looks good on you girly-boy<>
 
<>Takes one girly-boy to know that red looks good on another girly-boy<>
 
Merciless gasped, shocked by her lover's brother's insult. Ego remained devoid of any emotion (true to his word on Wednesday) until a huge grin broke out on his face.
 
<>You're learning little bro, you're learning. I'm proud<>
 
<<Sensi, baby, I'm getting impatient and I can't guarantee I'm going to *forgive* you later…>> came a female catcall. Now it was Merciless' turn to be surprised.
 
<<Nessie?!>> Forgiveness rose up, leaning on her elbows. Her dress skirt had ridden high up onto her thighs and the bodice of the dress was loose, the zip at the back having been undone.
 
<<What's up sis? A little surprised?>> she asked giggly.
 
<<To say the least…>> Merciless gasped. Her big sister was being…naughty! Then she thought `Why am I making it out as if I've never been naughty before?' Forgiveness then grabbed what was left of Sensitivity's shirt and slowly pulled him back down.
 
<<I'm not gonna forgive you for that interruption back there…>>
 
<>But it wasn't my fault!<> he resisted weakly.
 
<<Well you'll have to take the punishment, won't you?>>
 
<>Oh Mother Mercy help me…<> he moaned quietly and their kissing frenzy ensued.
 
Ego and Merciless looked at each other and exchanged bewildered looks.
 
<>Have they been watching us and taking our moves?<> Ego asked confused.
 
<<I don't know honey and I don't want to know>> Merciless then smiled evilly. <<But how about we make up some new moves…ones that are completely unique and for us only…?>> Ego smiled suggestively…
 
**********************************************************
 
It was the same scenario: Inuyasha…naked. The top sheet barely covering `downstairs'. But this time Kagome was curled under his arm, her dark tresses around them as his silver strands entwined peeked through. As the old picture burned in the fire, there were two distinct differences. The old Inuyasha was frowning and disgruntled. The present one had a truly happy and contented smile.
 
The past had been let go,
The present was fixed,
All was right again for the future.
 
(Needless to say nobody, human or little mind people, got any sleep that night…)
 
********************************************************
 
“Who ever thought those guys would start arguing again?” Sango wondered idly, as Yuka brushed her hair. The girls were all round at Eri's flat since Kagome's place was allowed to air out the bad tension.
 
“Maybe it was blown out of proportion but we can officially say that was World War 638…lets hope it stops there,” Ayumi said, scribbling some notes into her notebook, listing the dates, start to finish, of every argument done by Inuyasha and Kagome.
 
“They're an odd pair aren't they? I mean they're almost close to killing each other. Then they get together…talk about break up to make up.” Yuka said, momentarily forgetting Sango's hair. All the girls turned to look at the picture of all of them together, each girl focusing on the male-female couple in the centre. They all looked at each other then shrugged. Eri continued gazing out of the window.
 
The sun was setting, casting pink and orange pastels against the once blue sky. The few clouds remaining were dusted with the same pinky orange glow on their undersides.
 
“Well Yuka,” Eri started. “They're definitely part of one whole. I don't think one could function without the other. No matter how odd they are, they work out to be very even.”
 
Ayumi smiled at Eri, unknown to the said person. If Eri ever knew that she was being admired for sympathy, the word sympathy wouldn't even exist among the girls anymore…The fiery young woman was truly kind deep down. Sango and Yuko exchanged smiles and Yuka resumed brushing Sango's hair, humming a tune softly to herself, a kind of calm coming over Eri's apartment. Eri looked back to the picture and smiled.
 
“They work out to be very even indeed,” she whispered softly.
 
((Some don't think our love is true but, that's just the way we do…))
 
“Hey lets play Monopoly. I'll beat you all with my eyes closed.”
 
“The possibilities of that Yuka is one million to none.”
 
“Just try me…”
 
******************
 
La Fin