InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Vampire Prince ❯ Chapter Five ( Chapter 5 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter Five:

Kirara, Shippo and I were going as far from Inuyasha as possible.

"Kagome... can we stop and rest I feel like I'm about to fall asleep." I looked down at Shippo lay in my arms groggily. 'He's right.' I thought to myself 'Even Kirara looked tired.'

Then up ahead there was what looked like a small village. When I saw it I was so relieved. "Kirara let's rest there for the night." Kirara growled in agreement then swooped down towards the ground. "Besides Inuyasha has to be far away from here." I said more to myself than to Shippo or Kirara.

However, little did I know how wrong I was. Inuyasha wasn't far away from here…


"Hurry up you two you're as slow as zombies!" Inuyasha snarled at his newest servants. "We're sorry master." Sango and Miroku said in unison. Inuyasha grinned evilly at that "master, huh… I like that. From now on you two call me master understood?!" He emphasized the last word. "Yes Master!"

"Good now let's go!" Then they continued to run along. 'Heh, heh, heh… don't worry Kagome I'm right behind you!' He thought evilly.


Shippo, Kirara, and I hit the ground, Kirara transforming back into her small cat-like form. "Look Kirara!" Shippo said excitedly. "There's a well with a bucket over there! Let's get you some water." Shippo jumped up on the ledge and reached for the bucket and fell in. "Kagome help!" Shippo yelled as he was hanging onto the ledge of the well. I hurried over to the well and got Shippo out. "Oh, Shippo you're so silly." I giggled. "Thanks Kagome."

Then all of a sudden one of the village house's doors opened revealing an old couple. "What's going on out here? Is everyone alright?" An elderly looking man asked us. "Yes sir we are." I replied politely. There old woman looked at us from behind the shoulders of the man. She looked like she was in her mid 80's. She had white, work-tired skin due to age, and she wore a rag shirt and shorts with a shawl over her head. "You poor things you look so tired... are you hungry?" She asked us kindly "Yes, and thirsty too." I replied. "Well come on in little ones our home is small but at least we can give you something to eat and a place to spend the night." She stated fairly meekly. "Thank you so much!" Then we all went inside having no idea the troubles that soon awaited us.


Inuyasha just made it to the village as I had gone inside. "There she is!" Inuyasha grinned "This is going to be easier than I thought. Sango, Miroku come here!" He demanded "Yes master?"

"When everyone is asleep set this whole village afire anyone who comes running out change them into one of us. Is that understood?" he asked them. "Yes master!" He grinned evilly again "Good... just you wait Kagome you're going to be mine soon… Very, very soon"


We all went into the small hut; inside there was an animal fur rug, three rooms, and another small room with cooking supplies and a pot over a fireplace. Inside the three rooms there were straw like beds, animal rugs, and a wooden chest to put our things into.

"I'm sorry young ones that there isn't much we can do for you... but here's some blankets to keep you warm." She apologized shyly. "Thank you very much...my name's Kagome and this is Shippo and Kirara." I commented warmly. "It's nice to meet you my name is Ann and my husbands' name is Andy... oh it's time to eat now so come and enjoy." She stated as she turned to walk towards the cooking pot. "Thank you Ann." Shippo, Kirara, and I said thankful we met such a kind couple.

We followed Ann into the living room to get big pot that had been cooking over the fire place with some wooden bowls and spoons next to it. "Here you are kids" Andy, the old man said to us passing each of us a bowl for what appeared to be stew to be eaten from. He was presumably Ann's husband. He looked like Ann only a bit older and was wearing a white fur vest and shirt with old cloth pants. "You must be Andy" said Kagome. "That would be correct young lady. Here" he said while putting some soup into my bowl as well as Shippo's and Kirara's. "Eat up you need your strength young ones" Ann commented "Thank you very much Ann." I replied humbly. "Yea thank you Ann." Shippo said.

The soup looked great! It had a nice steamy broth with potatoes, carrots, onions, and various other vegetables as well. After we all ate Ann and Andy went into their rooms to most-likely get some sleep before their morning activities. "Come on guys we got to get some sleep. We have to leave at the crack of dawn." I told my companions. "Ok Kagome" Shippo said. Kirara just nodded in agreement.

After about an hour of tossing and turning I couldn't get to sleep; Stretching I decided to go outside for some fresh air. When I got outside I noticed the village was on fire!

"Shippo, Kirara, Ann, Andy get out of there! The whole village is on fire!" I screamed. Kirara and Shippo came rushing out. "Kagome the whole village is on fire!" Shippo told me. "I know Shippo, but how?" Shippo, Kirara, and I raced toward the burned half of the Village. "Hello!" I shouted "Is anyone here alive?"

Then all of a sudden I heard another house burning from behind...The exact same one I was just in! "No!" I screamed "Ann, Andy, no!" I fell to my knees knowing full well they were dead. "Who did this, who!?" I screamed frantically to no one in particular. "That would be me Kagome." I jumped off of the ground turning around. Inuyasha was standing there coolly an evil grin on his face and covered with human blood. It was all over his hands and mouth.