InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Wandering MInds ❯ Naraku's Plan UNfolds ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Wandering Minds

WanderingMinds

By:Demonchic-K

Chapter One

"Hey! Kagome!" The said teenager just kept nodding her head to the noise from her headphones.

Opening her eyes, Kagome tilted her head and saw an extremely pissed off hanyou mouthing word after undistinguishable word. All of which went unheard from the music blasting in her ears.

"I'm sorry." Her voice was innocent as she pulled the earphones down around her neck. Kagome's eye's widened as the music stopped and Inuyasha's profanity.

"Inyuasha!" The hanyou's tirade was cut off. A flush colored his cheeks. "Sit!" After yanking his head out of its hole, he saw Kagome's gaze turn from anger to a sad, loving look.

"Hey, are you okay? Kagome?" The rough edge was gone now. Their gazes locked as if magnetically, Inyuasha's face was adorning a lost look.

"Inuyasha…I need to talk to y "

Abruptly the trees around the couple came crashing towards them. The lush green tops created an oddly outside them.

Kagome's chocolate eyes were devoid of tears, but a barely visible trail was left on her cheeks. Inuyasha's gaze met hers as their backs made contact.

The situation brought back a flow of memories. Pulling the enchanted arrow from Inuyasha's chest. Inuyasha, nestling his head in her lap while human. Kikyo kissing him. Inuyasha scolding Kagura, while supporting his weight with Tetsaiga.

Both Kagome and Inuyasha searched the surrounding trees. After a few seconds of watching, several glowing arcs of light shot from all around them.

Kagome held her arms above her head in a hopeless attempt at protection. All she felt was wind whipping her clothes and hair around her harshly. One the winds settled she peeked between her arms.

A gasp arose from Kagome as she took in her surroundings. She was kneeling on a hard wood floor. The cool boards against her bare legs brought a shiver and goose bumps speckled her arms.

Kagome hugged herself for warmth, the dark walls around felt like cage bars trapping her. Yet keeping her safe from the unknown. From a distance she could hear murmurs, whispers, and shuffling. After about three minutes the sounds stopped. But it was replaced with muffled footsteps.

The footfalls echoed as they came closer. Kagome's eyes widened in fear as a shadowed form came in front of the shoji door, her stop corresponding with the footsteps.

"Come, girl. Follow me." Kagura's voice was easily recognizable and her bright magenta eyes betrayed her.

Kagome remained on her knees, the fear built up more inside. On the outside though, her eyes narrowed and darkened in defiance.

"Get up, Girl!" The irritation was evident in her harsh command. Yet Kagome remained motionless. It was as if she had turned to stone and no part of her could move. The exception was her eyes, which narrowed even thinner into tiny slits.

"I said," Kagura drew back her fan. "Get up!!" Kagome's arms instinctively went up in front of her face. Splintering wood and collapsing timber sounded around her. And amazing heat grazed her legs.

Squinting, then opening her eyes Kagome surveyed the damage around her. On both sides of her, parallel to her legs, were cuts in the wood almost hitting her legs. `That's where the heat came from.' Rotating her hips and neck to peer behind her. Turning only revealed a collapsed wall behind her and trench-like-cuts in the wooden floor around her.

Kagome pivoted back to face the wrath of the demon woman before her. But next to that woman was a small girl with white-hair. The pale child drew back from whispering into Kagura's ear. In Kanna's arms was her peculiar mirror. The mirror reflected a certain hanyou.

The only problem, he wasn't really half dog-demon anymore. Blood-red orbs were narrowed in anger as his lengthy claws reeked devastation on the trees surrounding him. The stripes on his face seemed to glow in the darkness of the night around him.

Kagome gasped as the two demons continued conversing. She had witnessed his demon transformation before. When he was `sat' he became hanyou, but before he had been in fear of slaughtering his friends.

Proceeding to watch the young demon's mirror, Kagome noticed she had zoomed out. Every set of eyes in the room widened, in exception Kanna. Even Kagome's.

"Damn it!" Exclaimed Kagura. "Does Naraku know yet?" Kanna barely nodded her head.

"I already know of the hanyou's route. A calm voice stated. "And when he gets here," Naraku's eyes settled on Kagome, "he'll be in for a little surprise."

.~~*~~.

That Bitch' thought Inuyasha his clawed hands swinging at every tree that he came within arms reach of. `She'll pay for taking Kagome.'

Stomping up a grass-free hill, Inuyasha sniffed the air. "Heh. I can smell them." He set gracefully running up the hill.

Inuyasha drew back his hand as a small figure came into view. He recognized the mirror-clutching-white-skinned female.

The mirror's surface glowed blue and white, surrounding the face of a wide-eyed Kagome. The clawed hand that was about to shatter the mirror, hesitated. Then stopped.

The sight of Kagome's apprehensive had stopped him almost automatically. Inuyasha just stared at her face, entranced as the glowing surface she was in moved. Blue mist-like light wrapped around Inuyasha, his form becoming smoking. The fingers of light covered his unblinking gaze as well.

During the hanyou's staring contest with the mirror four varying figures burst from the brush at the clearing's edge.

Blue light was all that reflected in the mirror now. Inyuasha stood motionless still.

"Inuyasha!" Sango yelled

Gasp. "Kagome!" Shippou hopped off Kirara but stopped.

Kagome slowly descending the front steps of a large palace-like building. It was then that Inuyasha chose to move, his gaze fixated on the jewel fragment cradled in her hands. The jewel was in- between Kagome's thumb and pointer on each hand. These finger were the only, along with her pinky, extended.

Eyes closed, hands clasped, she moved towards Inuyasha.