InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ You Don't Know What You Have 'Till Its Gone ❯ Easy Going ( Chapter 15 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

{Disclaimer: Inuyasha doesn't belong to me so don't sue. ::sighs:: unless someone would like to give him to me. I would have a ball playing with those ears.}

You Don't Know What You Have 'Till It's Gone

By Striking Falcon

Chapter Fifteen: Easy Going

{Inspiration picture found at (you guessed it) Sesshoumaru: The Killing Perfection}

Kagome watched as Rin practiced the steps to the dance Kagome taught her. Kagome smiled as Rin's feet and hands moved in sync.

'I'm going to miss her,' she thought, giggling when Rin jumped up to catch a passing butterfly. Rin chased it, forgetting the dance entirely.

"Rin is escaping, Sesshoumaru," Kagome joked, turning to look at the demon sitting beside her. She gasped, then clamped her hands over her mouth.

Sesshoumaru was stretched across the grass, asleep, a small smile on his face.

'Oh man,' she thought, fighting back the giggle bubbling up her throat. 'When did he go to sleep?' She stopped giggling long enough to look at him.

'He's kind of cute. He might even be considered handsome, as long as his mouth isn't moving.' Kagome brushed a stray hair from his face, giggling when he took a half hearted swipe at her hand. His head lulled to the side, hand on his chest. Kagome shook her head. 'I've never seen him like this.' She watched as the wind blew across his face, a few silver strands swirling in the breeze. Kagome yawned and laid her head on his chest, remembering to keep a good eye on Rin. Sesshoumaru's hand fell to the side, catching in her hair. Kagome tried to tug him free, but his claws were stuck fast. She nudged Sesshoumaru gently, waking him up.

"Help!" she whimpered, imagining her hair being ripped out by the roots. Sesshoumaru raised his hand, smiling slightly.

"Why should I?"

"Because it hurts, you jerk!"

Sesshoumaru sighed and untwined his fingers. He gently pushed Kagome's head to his shoulder and closed his eyes. Kagome scratched her left arm, underneath the dagger she now kept with her.

"Keep it on, Kagome," Sesshoumaru said sternly, as if talking to a two year old.

Kagome sighed. "Do I have to? It itches."

"I'm sure it does." He thought a moment before relenting. "Alright, you can stop wearing it after today, but keep it safe."

"O.k."

Kagome kissed his cheek. Sesshoumaru opened on eye and did something she never expected.

He grinned at her.

'I didn't just see that,' she thought as he went back to sleep. 'Well, he is more relaxed today. Maybe he slipped and fell or something.'

'Or maybe he loves you.'

'Sure, and I'll sprout wings and fly,' Kagome thought. A strand of hair blew under her nose, and she sniffed.

"Ah-choo!"

Sesshoumaru's eyes shot open. "You are not getting sick, are you?"

"No, I don't think-Ah-choo!"

"That does it," he muttered. Hooking his arms under her knees, he picked her up, called for Rin to follow him inside, and made his way to the dining room.

"I'm fine, Sesshoumaru. Please put me down."

"I will not allow you to get sick."

"Like you can help it. You don't control everything, you know," Kagome huffed ,crossing her arms across her chest.

"We shall see about that."

Kagome blinked, startled. 'Is he WORRIED about me? Hmm,' she thought, her lips pressed together. 'Maybe I could use this to get home.'

++++++++

"SESSHOUMARU-SAMA!"

Sesshoumaru's ears perked up. He stood, listening closely for Rin's voice. He could hear the child crying, but there were others crying as well. A thud near her got him moving. As he got closer to her, servants ran past him in a blind panic. 'The castle's under attack. How did this go unnoticed?' Sesshoumaru threw open the door to Kagome's room and stopped, the color draining from his face.

Kagome levitated over her bed, shivering, her eyes closed. Lightening burst from her fingers, colliding with whatever was in its path. Servants ran down the hall frantically, desperate to get away from this unknown power. Kagome shuddered, releasing another bolt. It careened across the room, on a collision course with Rin. Sesshoumaru dashed forward, grabbing the child and yanking her out of the way. The bolt struck the wall, sending pieces of it crumbling down. The wall caved in, leaving a gaping hole. Kagome whimpered.

"Help….me…" she whispered, convulsing violently. Sesshoumaru ran to her, Rin in his arms, ducking pieces of falling ceiling. He leaped up, tugging on her kimono to drag her back down. He swung from her sleeve, whatever holding her up too powerful for him to fight. Sesshoumaru suddenly levitated, coming closer to her face.

"What is happening?" he demanded, willing anger to replace the worry in his voice. Kagome tensed, her back arching painfully.

"Power…out of control…can't stop."

She turned to him, her eyes squeezed shut.

"Get…Sango. She can help me."

She shuddered again. Kagome flipped over and dropped to the ground. Sesshoumaru reached out and caught her, cushioning her fall to the stone floor. He grunted, feeling one of his ribs snap as a result, and pushed himself off the ground. He placed Kagome on her bed, Rin scampering to clear it of debris.

"Run, Sesshoumaru. Please."

"Why? It has stopped."

Kagome opened her eyes, staring into his. Sesshoumaru fought the urge to gasp. Kagome's eyes flickered, changing from her natural bluish-gray, to cerulean-silver, straight silver, and pure gold.

"I don't want to hurt you. Take these instructions to Sango. She can help me."

She fainted, the paper slipping out of her hand, leaving him and Rin to look after her. Sesshoumaru took the paper and walked to the window. Climbing out of it, he looked back at Rin, who was busy brushing the dust from Kagome's face.

"Stay with her, Rin. If the lightening starts, run."

Sesshoumaru jumped out, sailing toward the edge of his lands and Kaede's village.

--------

SF: Kagome's got a plan! Kagome's got a plan! For those that are wondering, Kagome feels like all the dog brothers are doing is using her. She doesn't see that they both love her, and she's fed up. So what do we do when we want a little peace? Go home. Makes sense to me. Let know what you guys think. Oh, the others are looking at 'Runonin Kensuin'. It's on right now, and everyone seems to like it. The previews and responses are below.

Chapter Sixteen: Prelude to a Jump Off

Sango turned away from him, paling at the sight in front of her. A little girl sat crying on the floor, shielded inside a flaming bubble as a lightening storm flared inside the room. Kagome lay on the bed, lightening zapping out of her body and across the room.

Responses:

Weebo: I didn't have a clue what you were talking about until I looked around and…YOU WERE RIGHT!!!!! He does call her that in a lot of fics! How did I not notice that? I'm such an airhead! Thanks for saying that everyone's in character! I worry about that!

Tenshi no Yami: Thanks for the review!

Lady Sesshoumaru: I know! I think that love is slow, you know? I might be wrong though. Oh well. Thanks for the review.

Inferno_66: I have this nervous habit of making Kagome a little stronger than she is in the anime. It pisses me off the way she follows Inu around, even though he's misbehaving. Hasn't her mother ever told her 'You give them an inch, they'll take a mile'?

LizzyShart: Thanks for the love!

Sugarhighs:P: Go right ahead. I have stories that need to be finished, too.

Chrisany: Thanks! I'm writing as fast as my little wings can go.