InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Bits & Pieces ❯ Cat and Mouse ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Title: Cat and Mouse
Author: Spaceghst407
Theme: Spin
Genre: Romance/Drama
Rating: T
Word Count: 200
A/N: Continuation of my previous drabbles, Sweet Addiction (1) and Cacophony (2).
Summary: What does it take to make that first step?

Molten eyes snapped open the second the door shut. Tch. Ridiculous woman. Did she really think she could escape undetected?He could sense her inner turmoil, her desire to stay and the tenuous resolve she had to leave. He could practically taste her indecision.Sesshoumaru sat up with a frown. Something about last night bothered him. Her actions were too desperate, too demanding, as if she were trying to memorize every inch of him...like she wasn't coming back. This might be his only chance to convince her he was worth her time. So why was he letting her walk away...?
.o.O.o.
Kagome sighed as she locked the door. Tossing her coat onto the couch, she ventured further into her dark apartment. She was doing the right thing. Nothing good could come from their arrangement. Leaving him was necessary. Right?She decided to take a shower, hoping it would help wash the memory of him away. Maybe then she could think straight. Turning the water on, she shrugged out of her rumpled attire. About to step in, she was stopped by a dull, yet amused voice.“You think to erase this one so easily?”She gasped and spun around. “Sess...!”


A/N: Originally written for Dokuga's Weekly Perfection contest. This won 3rd place! Thanks to anyone who voted!

Converting /tmp/php4fhMM1 to /dev/stdout