InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Live and Let Die (Part 2): Awakenings ❯ Some Love, Some Long ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimers: I still do not own InuYasha or any of the manga/anime characters. They belong to the wonderful genius Rumiko Takahashi. However, any original characters do belong to me.
 
 
Live and Let Die: Awakenings
 
 
Chapter 4: Some Love, Some Long (Warning: Lemons in Chapter)
 
 
“Shippou, you have indeed made progress,” Kaede told the kitsune.
 
Things were a bit slow in the village at the moment, and Kaede was working with Shippou, helping him learn to reach out with his own aura in order to feel what was around him.
 
“That's the furthest away I've been able to detect you so far!” the kitsune said excitedly.
 
“Yes, Shippou, that is indeed a great improvement. Are you certain that you did not cheat?” the old miko asked with a smile in her voice.
 
“No, Kaede, I promise. I really felt you when you reached that point,” Shippou responded as he walked with Kaede back towards her hut. They had been practicing by having Shippou run towards the well and stop at some point and then Kaede would follow him. The kitsune would yell out to the old miko when he finally felt her aura bump into his. When they started, Kaede would be practically on top of Shippou before he could `feel' her, but he had swiftly learned to discern her from anything else in the area. Shippou was also quickly increasing the distance from which he could pick up her presence.
 
“What should we do next?” the kit asked.
 
“You are doing very well, Shippou, but you must pace yourself. Do not try to do too much at one time,” Kaede answered. In truth, she was getting a bit tired. Shippou was young and energetic, but she was old and needed some rest.
 
“Shall we see if our stew is ready yet?” Kaede continued.
 
“All right, Kaede,” Shippou answered as they entered her hut.
 
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
 
Sango had left the hut, and after what he considered a reasonable amount of time for her to tend to her private business, Miroku rose and walked outside. He found the demon slayer standing in the clearing, staring up at the sky.
 
“What are you thinking about, Sango?”
 
“How much Kagome loves the stars. She says that you cannot see them like this in her time. I wonder what it would be like to have so many lights around you that you could not see the sky at night,” Sango replied.
 
“Is that all?” the monk inquired.
 
“Just how happy Kagome seems now that she knows InuYasha chose her,” the demon slayer responded quietly.
 
Since Miroku had not made a move to rub her rear-end yet, Sango decided it was safe to sit down. She drew her knees up in front of her, wrapping her arms around them. Taking it as an invitation, Miroku sat down next to her, careful to keep his wandering hand to himself.
 
“Sango?”
 
“Yes, Houshi?”
 
“Do you remember what I told you? When I told you that you were special?” Miroku asked hesitantly.
 
“What…when do you mean?” Sango questioned.
 
“You know, after we were in the village of women that had been possessed by the ayakashi, where-”
 
“I do not know what you mean, Houshi,” Sango interrupted.
 
“Yes, you do, Sango. I told you that you were special to me and that I want you to bear my children if I survive our battle with Naraku. Sango, that has not changed. I know that I did not promise not to cheat on you anymore when you asked. But in truth, for all of my flirting and groping, I have never cheated on you. I…I wanted you to know,” Miroku said very softly.
 
“What? You mean…”
 
“Sango, I have never been with another woman since I met you. But I still fear what this curse may do to me. If it is my fate to be consumed by my hand, then I accept that. But I cannot ask you to take that risk with me; for if my kazaana was suddenly out of my control, it will consume not just me, but also everything around me. Do you understand what I am trying to say?”
 
“You…you mean you still want me? Even after everything? I…I thought you had changed your mind,” Sango said as a tear trailed down her cheek from the corner of her eye.
 
“Sango, I am sorry that I have hurt you, but I…I am afraid,” Miroku replied.
 
“Afraid of what, Houshi?”
 
“Of loving you, of losing you. As much as I want a son, I am afraid of passing this curse on to him if we do not destroy Naraku first. This is my fate to bear alone, and I cannot expect anyone else to share it with me,” Miroku continued.
 
“Why…why are you telling me this now?” Sango asked seriously.
 
Miroku hesitated, but then said, “I have seen how you watch Kagome with InuYasha. I know neither of us thought that they would ever really get together, but they have. You seem so much sadder since they mated. I thought maybe that was why, that maybe you were feeling lonely now that they are spending so much time together. I thought that maybe, like me, you were a little bit jealous.”
 
Sango wiped away another tear that had escaped down her cheek. “I know I should be happy for her, but I am a little jealous. I even told her I was that first day when we tried to catch up with them. I…I feel…I do not know how I feel.”
 
Sango was surprised to find her chin gently cupped in Miroku's left hand as he turned her head towards him so that he could look her in the eyes. “Sango, I do not want to be lonely any more. I do not want to have to wait any more.”
 
Before she had a chance to protest, Miroku leaned in and gently kissed her on the lips. He was surprised to find her hand tangled in his hair as she held the back of his head, pressing them closer together. The monk nibbled at her bottom lip until the demon slayer granted him access, and he gently brushed his tongue over hers as he started to explore her mouth. When they finally had to break apart for air, he rested his forehead against hers as he rubbed her neck just behind her ears with his thumbs.
 
“I …I know that I cannot marry you yet, not until Naraku has been defeated. I could not bear to leave you as a widow if my kazaana consumes me first. But maybe we can at least hold each other, comfort each other. Kagome and InuYasha are happy. There is no reason we cannot share in at least a little bit of that,” Miroku told her softly.
 
Sango responded by kissing him again, this time wrapping both of her arms around him, though she did slap his hand that was trailing down her back towards her shapely bottom again. She actually giggled and blushed, telling him after they pulled apart, “All right Houshi, but let us take it slow, okay? Right now, I would like for you to just hold me.”
 
Miroku pulled her to him, and wrapped both of his arms around her and replied as he gently squeezed her, “All right, my dear Sango, all right.”
 
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
 
Sesshomaru had left Jaken, Rin and Ah-Un in a clearing to settle in for the night as he continued on towards InuYasha and the miko. He remained hidden in the trees near the area that surrounded the hot spring as his brother rutted with his mate. Though the Demon Lord would not interrupt, he could tell that his brother had noticed his presence by the continued flicking of the hanyou's ears in his direction.
 
Sesshomaru was almost jealous as he watched the two together. It was obvious the miko was enjoying the attentions the hanyou lavished upon her while she mewled and cried out in pleasure. The Taiyoukai raised an eyebrow as he heard her beg InuYasha not to stop. Being the good mate that he was, the hanyou didn't. Sesshomaru faded further back into the trees. He would wait until morning to approach the couple.
 
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
 
At some point InuYasha lifted Kagome out of the water and carried her back to the sleeping bag that had been spread out upon the ground. The hanyou pulled a towel out of the backpack and dried each of them off before they lay down together. Kagome lay down on her back, one knee bent to let her mate know that she was ready for more.
 
InuYasha leaned over to kiss the miko softly. She eagerly opened her mouth in response, inviting him in as her hands became entwined in his mane. As he kissed her, his left hand caressed first one breast and then the other, bringing both nipples back to taunt little peaks. InuYasha felt a small hand take him and start to rub, causing his erection to become even harder. A gentle tug told him that she wanted to feel him inside of her again, so the hanyou shifted his position so that he was above her, a clawed hand planted on either side of her body as he held his weight off of hers.
 
“InuYasha, I want to see you this time,” Kagome said, looking into his amber eyes as she shifted her position slightly underneath him, curling her legs around his thighs.
 
InuYasha leaned down to kiss her again as he probed at her slick opening. Her hand ensured that he was lined up and he entered her slowly. The hanyou felt both of Kagome's hands digging into the muscles of his back once he had found his destination. He pulled almost all of the way back out, and thrust in again, all the while looking into her eyes.
 
The look of pleasure that crossed her face as he thrust into her just pleased the hanyou and excited him more. He started to pant as he began to pick up speed.
 
“That's it... faster... harder... oh... InuYasha... please... more... don't... stop,” Kagome begged her mate.
 
InuYasha continued to thrust, still picking up speed and thrusting harder into her. He leaned down to capture her mouth with his own as he continued his steady pounding. The hanyou almost lost his rhythm when he felt the aura of his brother approach them; however, he had stopped some distance away. Satisfied that they weren't going to be interrupted, InuYasha continued loving his mate, though he flicked his ears in Sesshomaru's direction just to let his brother know that he knew he was there.
 
InuYasha realized that Kagome was shifting her legs, and slowed down to help her adjust. He ended up on his knees with her legs over his arms. Now cupping a buttock in each hand, he pulled her up and started to feverishly pound into her again.
 
“Oh... fuck... `gome... so... hot...”InuYasha panted as the hammered into his mate.
 
“Inu... Ya... sha... don't... stop... whatever you do... don't stop!” Kagome cried out.
 
InuYasha could feel his loin begin to coil. It wasn't going to take much more before he found his release once again. He felt the trigger he needed as Kagome screamed his name and her walls started to ripple around him, feeling as though they were trying to pull him even deeper within her. The hanyou thrust hard a few more times and exploded to fill her, crying his mate's name to the night sky. InuYasha continued his motion until he had completely emptied himself into her. Finally, the hanyou helped the miko shift her legs back down to the ground as he leaned over and kissed her again.
 
“Oh, Kami, InuYasha. That seems to get better every time,” Kagome said when he finally pulled away so she could breathe.
 
InuYasha kissed her again, very gently this time. He settled down alongside his mate and helped her to nestle into his side. He kissed her once again as he held her tightly in his arms. When the hanyou pulled away so that they could both catch their breath, he felt Kagome snuggle against him as he heard her say, “I love you, too.”
 
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
 
Miroku and Sango had returned to the hut to settle in for the night. After a few more kisses and gentle caresses, they decided they had better stop before they progressed to something they weren't really ready for yet. Each returned to the place they had occupied earlier, on opposite sides of the fire. However, the difference this time was that each was lost in their own thoughts, with a slight smile on their face. The monk had finally alleviated some of his fears by confessing to the demon slayer. He was wondering one thing, however.
 
“Sango?”
 
“Hum?”
 
“May I ask you a question?”
 
“It depends,” the demon slayer responded.
 
“Do you remember back when InuYasha had disappeared, and we were waiting for him to return?” the monk inquired.
 
“What about it?” Sango replied.
 
“Well, I…I know I groped at you a few times and you did not hit me. I…I was just wondering why you did not react like you usually do then. What was different? Why were not you offended those times like you usually are?” Miroku asked seriously.
 
Sango sighed before she answered, “I was afraid, afraid that if I continued to fight you I would drive you away like I thought Kagome finally had InuYasha. I was worried because he had been gone for so long after their argument. As much as your groping annoys me, I would rather have to put up with it than have you disappear like InuYasha did. I…I did not want you to leave me.”
 
“Do not worry, Sango. I would never leave you without saying anything. I think what happened to InuYasha has taught us all something and made us more aware of each other. I know I ran off and left you once before without saying where I was going, and I thank Buddha that all of you showed up when you did. I will not make that mistake again. So, if I ever vanish without a word, know that it was not intentional,” Miroku responded. “I hope that you will search for me.”
 
“All right, Houshi. I will try to remember that. Sleep well,” Sango said as she settled down for the night, Kirara curled against her.
 
“Goodnight, Sango.”
 
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
 
Kagome woke some hours later with InuYasha holding her tightly and gasping her name. But this time, instead of a nightmare, he seemed to be having a rather erotic dream. Or at least she assumed so since she could feel him pressing into her.
 
It was difficult to maneuver since he had such a good grip on her, but she wriggled around enough that she could throw her leg back over his and reached between her legs to guide him into her. Once she'd found the mark and he was almost all of the way in, he started thrusting into her.
 
Before Kagome knew it, she found herself rolled over on her stomach as her mate continued to pound into her. The miko did not know if InuYasha was asleep or awake as he pulled her to her knees for more control. Kagome rested her head on her forearms, which were level on the ground, creating more of an angle as her mate continued to thrust into her. Driving in even further now, InuYasha was hitting somewhere deep within her.
 
Kagome still didn't know if he was actually awake or not, but she could not help herself, “Oh, Kami, InuYasha…please…harder…harder…”
 
To make her point, she started pushing back into him in tempo, causing their bodies to slap together into the stillness of the night as they hammered against each other. Though he wasn't breaking the skin, Kagome could feel the need from the hanyou as his claws gently dug into her sides where he had grasped her above her hips.
 
Kagome was gasping for air as the wave of orgasms hit her; the miko could not catch her breath as her body spiraled beyond her control. InuYasha was still hitting that sensitive spot inside of her, and she thought she would pass out from the sheer pleasure of it if he didn't finish soon.
 
InuYasha did not remember starting this coupling with his mate. The hanyou did remember that he was having a really great dream, but when he realized he was actually awake, Kagome was on her hands and knees in front of him, slamming back into his body as he pounded into her. The friction he was feeling was incredible, and the hanyou felt so good when they were together like this. And the best part was that Kagome seemed to need him as much as he needed her. InuYasha abruptly became aware that his mate was gasping, like she was having a hard time catching her breath. Suddenly remembering that Kagome was only human, he rammed into her hard a few more times until he exploded with such force the fluids almost immediately came rushing back out. Still joined with his mate, he helped her to lie down on her stomach as he lay across her. InuYasha managed to roll them both over onto their sides, with his arms wrapped around her. He rumbled his chest against her back in a low growl until they had both drifted off to sleep, with him still buried deep within her core.
 
The next time Kagome was truly awake it was dawn. She and InuYasha had pleasured each other a number of times during the night, but they had finally actually gone to sleep. However, Kagome woke with something hard pressing into her thigh from behind once again.
 
Deciding that this time she was going to take control, the miko rolled the hanyou onto his back and straddled him. His eyes opened wide as he realized that she was lowering herself onto him.
 
Kagome just smiled and said, “My turn,” as she placed her hands behind her for leverage and started to ride him.
 
InuYasha thought his eyes were going to roll back into his head at the new sensations this caused. He finally came to his senses and reached between them with his thumb and forefinger, and gently pinched her clit as she rose up and down.
 
Kagome gasped and smiled, throwing her head back and inviting him to do more. InuYasha took the hint and started to rub her pearl in rhythm with her movements.
 
Kagome was gasping again, “Oh…Inu….Ya…sha…don't…stop…don't stop!”
 
InuYasha started to rub harder as she pounded up and down along his shaft. When he finally felt her start to orgasm around him, he took both hands and placed them at her waist, helping her slam onto him until he finally poured himself into her once again. As he continued pumping into her, he had moved both hands down to her thighs to hold her still, and was gently brushing her curls with a clawed thumb.
 
Finally satiated, Kagome leaned forward so that she could kiss InuYasha. He had wrapped his arms around her, one around her back and the other behind her head, as their tongues dueled for dominance.
 
When they eventually had to pull apart for air, Kagome reached down to tenderly stroke InuYasha's cheek as she said, “My beautiful hanyou. What a wonderful way to wake up in the morning.”
 
InuYasha placed a hand on each side of her face to bring her to him for another kiss before he answered with a smile, “Keh.”
 
Knowing his brother was still somewhere nearby, InuYasha finally said, “Do you want to wash up and get dressed? We'll need to get back to the others soon, plus I think Sesshomaru wants to see us.”
 
Kagome sighed at the thought of losing her comfortable spot in InuYasha's arms before she said, “I know. I'll get my soap so we can clean up before we see them.”
 
“We'll probably see my brother before we get back to the others,” InuYasha said quietly.
 
“I know. He's been somewhere not too far away since sometime last night,” Kagome responded.
 
InuYasha just raised an eyebrow. His mate knew his brother was somewhere nearby, and had still carried on with him like they were out here all alone.
 
“You…you're not upset?” InuYasha asked hesitantly.
 
“Why would I be?” Kagome asked.
 
“Well, Sesshomaru…”
 
“He didn't get too close. And from what you told me before, I assumed he wouldn't interrupt. At first it upset me just a little, but truthfully, I lost myself in you and forgot he was out there. Besides, I don't believe he is a danger to either one of us anymore as long as we don't do something stupid to cross him. So, let's get cleaned up and see what he wants,” Kagome replied to her mate as she dug her soap and washrag out of her backpack.
 
“Well, are you coming?” Kagome asked as she stood and then waded into the warm water.
 
“Keh,” InuYasha responded as he followed her in.
 
They didn't take long to lather up and rinse off. Once they were satisfied they were clean enough, InuYasha stepped out and gave Kagome his hand to climb out of the hot spring. Grabbing a towel and drying off, Kagome threw one to InuYasha and then put on her clean undergarments, skirt and top she had pulled out of her backpack.
 
“All right Lord Sesshomaru, we're ready now,” Kagome called out.
 
 
 
Sesshomaru had remained hidden away from the couple in the wood during the night. Even though there were no youkai that had recently been through the area, he still remained alert to any threats to his younger sibling and the miko. The Demon Lord had to admit he was somewhat impressed. He had no idea that a human female could have so much stamina. He had lost track of the number of times the pair had rutted throughout the night, and it was not always his brother who instigated it.
 
As dawn approached, Sesshomaru thought to start to make his way towards the pair; however, he was brought to a halt when he realized they were going to rut again. His eyebrows disappeared into his hairline as he realized the miko was on top, in control, dominating his brother. And, his younger sibling did not seem the least bit upset. In fact, InuYasha seemed quite blissful with the turn of events. In addition to that, even though the miko was on top, the hanyou was still able to make her cry out in pleasure. The two seemed to be in a contest to see which one could please the other the most.
 
Maybe their father had been right - maybe there was something more to human females than Sesshomaru was willing to admit.
 
The Great Demon Lord of the Western Lands was actually relieved when the rutting seemed to be over and the pair had headed into the spring to wash up. However, he was startled out of his thoughts when he heard the little miko call out to him. Since his presence was obviously known, and the two were now properly dressed, Sesshomaru strode out of the trees and approached the hanyou and miko.
 
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
 
Miroku and Sango each awakened feeling the best they had in a long time. Both had slept soundly the night before. Not sure how long it would be before InuYasha and Kagome returned to them in order to hit the road again, they pulled out some more of their rations and had breakfast.
 
“Houshi?”
 
“Yes, Sango?”
 
“How long before they return, do you think?”
 
“Well, we do not know how far away they actually went. I guess we had better get things ready so that we can head out once they do get back. I do not know about you, but I am not going to make the mistake of going after them again,” Miroku responded.
 
Sango nodded in agreement before she asked, “Did you sleep well?”
 
“Yes, the best I can remember in a long time,” Miroku answered,
 
“Me, too,” Sango said before she fell silent and bit off a piece of the dried meat she had pulled out to eat.
 
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
 
The villagers who rose early to go out and tend to their fields before the sun was high in the sky were surprised to find three men, tied up, sitting in the middle of the road. The large bear youkai, that usually did not come this close to the village itself, was lying near them. She made no move as the villagers approached the prisoners.
 
The three bandits were now conscious. They had come to, one at a time, as the bear trotted back towards the village with them. It was humiliating enough to conclude that a single girl had defeated them, but now they were actually frightened as they looked down and discovered just how far above the ground they were hanging. Even that did not scare the trio as much as it did when they realized that they were dangling from the jaws of a giant bear youkai.
 
Their first thought was that they were being taken somewhere to be eaten. The fact that they were coated with the saliva that had trailed down the handle to drench them did not help matters any. The three were almost relieved when they were finally set down in the middle of the main road that led into the village.
 
“Hey! Hey you! Get us out of here! Some nut tied us up and left us!” the head bandit yelled at the approaching villagers.
 
One of the men pulled a knife out of his belt, thinking of setting the three free, but that brought a reaction from the bear. She stood up and roared, though she did not approach them.
 
The man that had pulled the knife out quickly returned it to his belt and backed up when he saw the huge bear's reaction. He felt another man place his hand on his shoulder as he said, “Maybe we should wait. Someone should fetch Kenmei.”
 
“I'll do it!” one of the younger men replied and ran towards the village headman's home.
 
They did not have to wait long for Kenmei to arrive upon the scene, and he was followed by other curious onlookers who were wondering what was going on. The headman noticed what the other men had not: there was a scroll attached to the bindings of the three men.
 
“Will you please fetch that scroll for me?” Kenmei asked the young man who had come to get him.
 
To let them know she understood, Myoujou sat back down and nodded her head. Hesitantly, the boy ran out to the three men, pulled the scroll free, and brought it back to the elder.
 
As Kenmei unrolled and was reading the scroll that Miroku had written, some of the others that had come out of curiosity looked at the three trussed up men and yelled, “Hey, those are the bandits that robbed us on the road!”
 
“Indeed, and it appears that they attacked the miko that helped us the other day as well. Leave them tied up and bring them along. The council can decide what to do with them,” Kenmei instructed the men.
 
One of the men pulled out a knife, but not to free the men with this time. Instead, he cut the binding on their ankles so that they could walk, and then cut the vine that wrapped them together so they were strung together in a line, rather than tied to each other in a circle. When the bandits were yanked to their feet they heard a roar of laughter - the villagers that were there noticed that the illustrious leader of the trio had no pants.
 
Kenmei, however, did not laugh, for the scroll told him why the man had no pants. Attempted rape of the miko that had helped his village would not go unpunished.
 
“Bring them,” the elder commanded.
 
Satisfied that the trio would be dealt with appropriately, Myoujou got up and headed back into her forest.
 
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
 
“Oi, what brings you here?” InuYasha asked as Sesshomaru approached them.
 
“How long have you know that this Sesshomaru was near?” the Taiyoukai asked.
 
“Since sometime last night,” InuYasha and Kagome replied together.
 
“And still you continued with what you were doing?”
 
“Keh. You're a highborn demon. I knew you had better manners than to interrupt a newly mated pair,” InuYasha answered.
 
Kagome had the good graces to blush before she asked, “What can we do for you, Lord Sesshomaru? I'm sure you came out here looking for us with a reason.”
 
“This Sesshomaru felt you call out to the hanyou. What happened?”
 
“You…you heard me, too?” Kagome asked softly.
 
“You called out far and wide, Miko. It is a power that you must gain control of, if you are going to use it. However, something must have happened that triggered it. Will you tell this Sesshomaru how this happened?” the Demon Lord asked.
 
InuYasha nodded to his mate, so after the three sat down, Kagome proceeded to tell Sesshomaru everything that had happened. She started with how she had felt the pain that the bear youkai was experiencing, and then how she was actually able to talk to her in her head, once the bear instigated the conversation. The miko also told Sesshomaru that she didn't know how she did it, though it had happened again when the three bandits attacked her, both when she called for InuYasha, and when Myoujou came to check on her.
 
“You are leaving something out, Miko,” Sesshomaru stated.
 
“The barrier,” InuYasha reminded her.
 
“But I don't know how that happened, either,” Kagome said, but then told the Demon Lord everything that she could remember before InuYasha arrived and found her huddled inside her protective barrier with the three unconscious men thrown haphazardly around the hut.
 
“Hn,” Sesshomaru uttered as he thought about what had been said before he responded, “There are some youkai that are very intelligent, but do not have the capability for actual speech. While they can make some sounds, they cannot make enough to truly communicate what they feel. So instead it is not unusual, at least within their clan, to develop the ability to communicate by thought. This bear you speak of must be from such a race of youkai. She probably reacted to you reaching out with your aura without having any idea that you would actually be able to hear her. You said the bear youkai heard you again when you called for InuYasha?”
 
“Yes. Myoujou came up to the hut where I was attacked all the way from the village. While I could not speak with her that way when we left the village, for some reason I was able to when she came up here. I don't understand what the trick is,” Kagome said. “It was sheer luck that InuYasha heard me scream in my head when that bandit slapped his hand over my mouth so I couldn't yell out for him. But it sounds like you heard me, too, that time.”
 
“Yes, this Sesshomaru heard you call out. Inu-Youkai have the ability, but most do not ever develop it since they are capable of speech in their human form. It is only when they are in their true form that they have need of it, and most do not stay in that form long enough to make use of it. InuYasha has the innate ability, even if he does not realize it, and you probably gained that from him when you mated. InuYasha, though you did not realize it, you were already using the ability within you when you reached out to the miko while you were sealed in that cave. She may have heard you in her sleep, but she did hear you.”
 
“So this is something we can learn to control?” Kagome asked.
 
“It is essential that you do now that it has been awakened within you,” Sesshomaru responded before he added, “There are others who will not be pleasant like the bear. They will use it against you to attack your mind. You will need to learn to shut it down and cast them out if that happens.”
 
Kagome and InuYasha both nodded in understanding, before InuYasha asked, “How do we learn, what do we need to do?”
 
“This Sesshomaru will help you, if you trust me. It requires a great deal of confidence in order to open your mind. However, right now there are more pressing issues.”
 
“What do you mean?” InuYasha asked.
 
“Were you not headed towards the village that the strange rumors are coming from?” Sesshomaru responded.
 
“You're headed that way, too?” Kagome answered with a question.
 
“There are rumors of many disappearances and deaths, and an evil aura unlike any that has been felt in the area before. It is deserving of investigation,” Sesshomaru stated.
 
“We found out that no one has yet lived to report what is causing the problems. Men have just disappeared or have been found dead, slashed to ribbons. We are headed that way to see if there is a jewel shard or any other signs of Naraku,” Kagome said.
 
“Where are your companions? They have not abandoned you again, have they?” Sesshomaru inquired.
 
“No. We left them at the hut where I was attacked. I wanted time alone with InuYasha, so he brought me to this spring because I wanted to clean up after what happened and spend the night out here. We have to go back and meet them,” Kagome answered.
 
Sesshomaru nodded as he rose from his spot on the ground, “This Sesshomaru needs to collect his pack as well. We will meet you near the village.”
 
“Lord Sesshomaru?” Kagome asked with hesitation.
 
“Yes, Miko?”
 
“Do you know anything about the barrier I made? You didn't say anything,” Kagome responded.
 
“Miko, you have more power than you realize. From what you said, it sounds like you thought about what you wanted to do and then made it happen. However, that is a question for the monk or another miko. They would be better able to answer you,” Sesshomaru replied.
 
Kagome nodded in understanding and then said, “One other thing.”
 
Sesshomaru looked at Kagome and waited for her to continue.
 
“We think the priest that sealed InuYasha has gone on to this village. He was the one that caused the problems with the bear youkai before we rescued her, and we heard that he had moved on. I just thought you should know,” Kagome added.
 
Sesshomaru's eyes flashed red for just an instant as he thought about what the cruel priest had tried to do to his brother. He nodded to the pair before he vanished to return to his pack.
 
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
 
Not too far away the ookami youkai prince was pacing back and forth, waiting for a report from the wolves he had sent out to scout. They had returned with more news that was both confusing and alarming. There was word of a dark miko that could converse with youkai. She traveled with a hanyou, youkai, and a bewitched monk and demon slayer. She dressed strangely and had even placed the headman and his entire village under her spell. This was extremely confusing because every description that the wolf prince could gather sounded like Kagome and her group. But it didn't make any sense - Kagome was not a dark miko, and she didn't have anyone under her spell (except maybe for Kouga, and that rosary around the hanyou's neck that made for so much entertainment). Kouga also was not aware of any ability the miko had to converse with youkai that were not capable of speech. So, what in the hell was going on? What had happened to his woman?
 
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
 
Sesshomaru returned to find Jaken stretched out on his back, still asleep in the warm sun, and Rin curled up next to Ah-Un. Jaken was the first to wake upon his return.
 
“Lord Sesshomaru, you are back!” exclaimed the toad imp.
 
“Are we leaving now, My Lord?” Rin asked as she ran up to greet him.
 
“Yes, Rin, we are. Come.” Sesshomaru strode off in the direction of the village that was drawing all of them towards it.
 
“Lord Sesshomaru, where are we going?” Jaken asked.
 
“Does it matter?” Sesshomaru replied.
 
“I guess not,” Jaken sounded downcast.
 
“Cheer up, Master Jaken. Lord Sesshomaru is back and we are on our way again. Is that not what you said you wanted?” Rin asked.
 
Jaken just sighed. Why did his Lord put up with the impertinent human child? The toad imp would never understand the Demon Lord's tolerance of her.
 
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
 
For their return to the others, Kagome had thrown her backpack over her shoulder so that she could ride InuYasha's back. He ran faster that way, plus she loved the feeling of him running underneath her, clasped between her thighs with her hands on his shoulders. It was better than any carnival ride.
 
They arrived back at the hut to find Miroku and Sango anxiously waiting, though they seemed to be afraid to say anything. Both the monk and the demon slayer had their suspicions of why the couple was late, but neither wanted to voice their opinions and invoke their anger. Instead, after InuYasha set Kagome on her feet, Sango handed the miko her bow and arrows she had left behind when InuYasha whisked her away.
 
“Oi, sorry but my asshole brother held us up. Are you ready to go?” InuYasha asked.
 
“Lord Sesshomaru was here?” Miroku questioned.
 
“Lord Sesshomaru heard the same rumors we did and is headed towards the same village. We told him what we had found out so far. We also warned him that we heard that priest might have traveled there as well. He went to collect Rin, Jaken and Ah-Un, and will see us at the village,” Kagome responded.
 
Sango nodded in understanding, and then asked, “Did you two have anything to eat?”
 
Kagome blushed. “We forgot to eat. Do we have any more rations that the elder gave us?”
 
“Here you are,” Sango produced the bundle and opened it to the couple.
 
Kagome and InuYasha both grabbed a few pieces of meat and vegetables and then Sango stuffed the remaining food into the backpack.
 
“We can eat this while we walk,” InuYasha stated.
 
Kagome nodded in response. “Okay, let's get going, then. There's something up ahead, and I think it involves a jewel shard.”
 
To be continued…