InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Live and Let Die (Part 3): Learning To Deal ❯ Coming Home ( Chapter 15 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimers: I do not own InuYasha or any of the manga/anime characters. They belong to the wonderful genius Rumiko Takahashi. Any original characters do belong to me.
 
AN: Thanks much for the reviews left so far. I read each and every one of them, and greatly appreciate the time you took to leave one.
 
If you would like to read the responses I have for those of you that have left reviews, go to http://doggieearlover.livejournal.com /67150.htmlto find the answers to your questions.
 
I also have an update notification email list. If you would like to receive updates when a new chapter or fanfic is posted, go to http://doggieearlover.livejournal.com/12385.html to sign up. You can unsubscribe at any time.
 
 
Live and Let Die: Learning to Deal
 
 
Chapter 15: Coming Home (Warning: Lemon)
 
 
Sesshomaru was nearing the area of the village and was surprised that he could feel the strong presence of the little miko, but not that of InuYasha. It also appeared that the wolf was not in the area, either. However, the undead miko was. What reason could she have to be in the village when his brother was not? What was going on? He would find out soon enough.
 
“Come, Rin, it is not much further,” the taiyoukai said to the girl, who was a tireless ball of energy at the moment.
 
“Will Shippou be there?” Rin asked as she ran up alongside him.
 
“Yes, Rin, he is there,” Sesshomaru responded coolly.
 
“Shippou is fun, although Rin prefers you and Jaken, My Lord. But Rin does want to learn to read and write, just like you.”
 
Sesshomaru looked down at the girl. How did she know? No, she couldn't have felt that; she was just human, after all. However, it was a bit disconcerting that Rin said exactly what he needed to hear in order to dispel the small twang of jealousy that entered his heart when she asked about Shippou. His thoughts were broken when he heard; “Rin can only take Shippou in small doses. He is fun to play with, but is very immature, you know.”
 
“Where did you hear that, Rin?” Sesshomaru knew that wasn't something she had picked up from him.
 
“Master Jaken has said that Shippou is immature, and that I should not act like him. And I heard Kagome-sama talking about a `small dose' of something, so I asked her to explain. She said that it meant you could only tolerate being around someone or something for a short time,” the young girl responded.
 
“Indeed,” Sesshomaru replied as he continued on his way.
 
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
 
Kagome relaxed, reveling in the feeling that InuYasha's youki was surrounding her, protecting her, loving her. She could feel the intensity of his desire for her as though he were sitting there next to her. She was still gently rubbing herself, her eyes closed, imagining that it was InuYasha, for he loved to stroke her for as long as she quivered under his touch. She felt someone approach, and pulled her fingers out from under her panties and wiped them on her skirt.
 
`Someone's coming, InuYasha. I have to go.'
 
`Are you all right? Can you tell who it is?'
 
`It's just Kaede. I think she wants to talk with me alone. Do you know when you'll be back?'
 
`Totosai told me he thought it would take at least five days, and it's been only three. Even once I leave here, it'll take me nearly three days to get home on Kirara. I'll ask him if I really need to stay, or if he can bring them to the village for us. If he'll do that, then hopefully I'll be home in a few days.'
 
`All right, InuYasha. I'll keep practicing while I wait. I miss you,' the miko thought.
 
`I miss you, too,' InuYasha responded. `I'll be back as soon as I can.'
 
`Good night, InuYasha. I love you.'
 
`I love you, too, Kagome.'
 
The hot pink glow that surrounded Kagome dissipated as she released her connection with InuYasha and took a deep breath. She was almost annoyed at the intrusion on her privacy, but then realized that Kaede would have no way of knowing the two of them would be able to reach each other from such a distance.
 
The young miko slumped as she become conscious of the fact that she was exhausted from her efforts, though she smiled to herself at the results of their discussion. She had never understood the attraction of `phone sex' before, but that was basically what she had just initiated and participated in with her hanyou. Considering the results of their `conversation,' suddenly it became apparent why some people paid big bucks to talk to someone while they got themselves off. And while she would never be interested in anyone other than InuYasha, bringing herself to orgasm with him in her head was a lot easier and more rewarding than it would have been all by herself. Chuckling to herself, she straightened her skirt and waited for Kaede to join her.
 
 
 
 
The odd pair had reentered the cave and sat in silence for some time before Totosai finally decided to say something. “Myouga.”
 
“Yes, Totosai?” the flea responded.
 
“Do you have any idea what was going on out there? I've never seen anything like it,” the master sword smith commented.
 
“That was beyond even my knowledge of their ties. I knew they had developed a telepathic link with each other, but I have never seen a display like that one,” Myouga replied.
 
“InuYasha did say they had been able to connect with each other when they were together. I didn't even know he had inherited that ability from his father. But that other aura that was surrounding him and melding with his, that felt like-”
 
“A miko's aura,” Myouga finished for him. “Yes, I know. I'm certain that was Lady Kagome's aura reaching out to him, probably to comfort him while they are separated during the full moon. Do you think those rings you are making is responsible for that?”
 
Totosai shook his head. “I think they could already do that, from the little that the pup said when he arrived. And what just happened looked like something they've had some practice with, not something they just discovered. My rings may have enhanced their ability to do that at a great distance, and now I think that is what InuYasha was referring to when he asked me to create them. We'll have to ask him later.”
 
“Ask me what?” InuYasha said as he came back inside.
 
“Just what that was we witnessed out there,” Totosai responded.
 
InuYasha flushed the color of his firerat. “What to you mean?”
 
“That glow you were enveloped in. We have never seen anything like it,” Myouga responded.
 
InuYasha sat and relaxed somewhat. At least they weren't asking him to explain why he was sitting outside, alone, jerking himself off. “You…you could see it? What exactly did you see?”
 
Myouga and Totosai proceeded to tell the hanyou how he had been surrounded by the two auras that appeared to merge into one. Once they were finished, Inuyasha did his best to explain what had happened, and how he and his mate had discovered that they could do that.
 
After he was finished, Totosai told him, “Well, I've seen what I needed to, so I don't need you here any more. You can return to your mate in the morning if you want. I'll bring the bands to you when they are finished.”
 
“Keh?” InuYasha questioned.
 
“InuYasha, we came out to see what you were doing because those bands were glowing just like you turned out to be. So, it appears at what I'm attempting is working, so you can go. Unless you'd really rather hang around here with us, that is,” the old master concluded.
 
“Lord InuYasha, just what did you do? Your face has returned to normal, even though the full moon is still high in the sky,” Myouga asked.
 
InuYasha blushed again. “Kagome helped to calm me, to help me keep control.”
 
“But what did she do?” Myouga pressed.
 
“None of your fucking business, Myouga,” InuYasha snapped. He cheeks darkened again with the aggravation. “I'm going back out. Don't ask me any more fucking questions.”
 
InuYasha stalked back out and returned to the clearing where he had reached Kagome. Realizing that he probably couldn't contact her again, he reached into his kimono and pulled out a pair of panties he'd raided from her laundry basket before leaving her home. He'd started to get them out before, but then Kagome had connected with him and he hadn't needed to. Pressing the panties to his nose and breathing in her musky feminine scent, he relaxed and began to meditate again.
 
 
 
 
Kaede stopped as she neared the edge of the clearing. She did not expect to see Kagome wrapped in the hot pink radiance that could only be her aura merged with InuYasha's youki. She was about to turn back when she noticed the shimmering luminescence that surrounded the young miko fade away. Concluding that Kagome probably knew she was there, the older miko made her way across the clearing.
 
 
Kagome looked up as Kaede approached her. She started to get up, but Kaede waved at her to remain seated.
 
“I am sorry; I did not mean to intrude. I had no idea…” Kaede started, but wasn't sure what to say.
 
Kagome waited for her to sit and then responded, “It's okay. But what do you mean?”
 
“I did not know that you could connect with InuYasha from so far away.”
 
“You…you could tell?” Kagome asked, puzzled. She didn't think their telepathic link was obvious.
 
“I could see it. You looked like you did when InuYasha wrapped you in his youki, and it merged with your aura. You did not know?”
 
“I could feel it, but I thought it was just the mental connection. I didn't realize that he really did it. You mean I really was wrapped in his youki? I didn't just imagine it?” Kagome questioned.
 
“No, it was very clear. Do you know how it happened?” the older miko responded.
 
Kagome took a deep breath, and then explained how InuYasha's youkai was at its highest during the full moon, and she was wondering how he was doing, and accidentally made contact with him. And then, things just sort of progressed from there. She hoped that Kaede could not see how badly she was blushing in the moonlight.
 
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
 
It was two days later and Kagome had progressed to the point she could make a barrier fairly large in size, and enclose others in it with her. At the moment, she had Miroku and Kaede in her protective bubble with her, while Kikyou and Sesshomaru attempted to break through from the outside.
 
They were actually surprised when Kikyou reappeared, for they had not seen her since the incident when Kagome had put her on her butt. However, she seemed determined to resume with the regimen and said it was time to really test the young miko's power. Kaede and Miroku were with Kagome for both moral support and instruction if needed while the undead miko and Demon Lord attacked from opposite sides. So far, Kagome was repelling both of them. Sesshomaru had even taken to slashing at the shield with his whip, but could not break through. And Kikyou may have walked right through Tsubaki's barrier back when Kagome was possessed, but she couldn't break through the barrier that Kagome had erected here.
 
They were unaware that high in the sky they had a watcher. After observing the relentless attacks by both Kikyou and Sesshomaru upon the young miko, he zipped off to make his report.
 
 
 
 
It was toward the end of the following day when the firecat approached a similar scene, though now it was Sango hurling Hiraikotsu at the barrier, unable to penetrate it, as the others watched on from a safe distance. As the giant boomerang returned to her, InuYasha leapt off of Kirara's back and went right through the barrier, grabbing his mate and swinging her off of her feet as he kissed her in front of everyone. To everyone's surprise, the barrier became solid and they couldn't see a thing.
 
“So, you missed me, did you?” Kagome asked with a smile, when they finally pulled apart for air.
 
“Keh. Can't you tell?” InuYasha responded with a smirk. “How long before you're finished for the day?”
 
“We were on the last exercise. I've been doing pretty good,” the miko replied.
 
“I'd say you were doing more than pretty good considering how you were repelling Sango's attack. It looks like it just bounced off.”
 
“And yesterday, it was your brother and Kikyou. But I have to admit, I am getting tired. We've been at it almost non-stop since you left. What about you? How are you doing?”
 
“Better, now that I'm back with you. Totosai will be along in a few days with the rings. He said he didn't need me any more and would finish them and bring them to us. Which reminds me, don't we have to go and see him in your time?”
 
“Yeah, we do. Do you want to go back, at least for tonight and maybe tomorrow? We can give him a call and see when he thinks the ring and Mama's necklace will be finished. I was kind of hoping for an excuse to go back around the new moon, so maybe we could do it then. And I'd already talked with Kaede about maybe taking a day off after you got back. I need to go home and tend to some business and check up on my school assignments.”
 
WHAP!
 
“What was that!” InuYasha exclaimed as he pulled out Tessaiga.
 
Kagome reached over and put her hand over his. “I think they are ready for us to rejoin them. I'd kind of forgotten they were there once you showed up.”
 
InuYasha had a sheepish grin as he placed Tessaiga back in its sheath, and the barrier shimmered. Kagome gave the signal that she was going to lower it so no one would accidentally attack as she let her guard down, and then it vanished.
 
“So… what were you two up to under there?” Miroku asked with a lecherous smile.
 
“Feh. You saw for yourself. We were just talking,” InuYasha replied, though he was a nice shade of scarlet.
 
“We could not see a thing,” Kaede interjected. “Child, what did you do?”
 
An odd look crossed Kagome's face. “You mean you really couldn't see us? We could see you, even though I kind of forgot you were there when InuYasha showed up.”
 
“Aye. Your barrier became solid and we could not see through it. How did you do that?” Kaede asked again.
 
“I just wished I could have some privacy, to be alone with my mate for a few minutes, since I hadn't seen him in over a week. You mean it worked?”
 
“Yes, I would say it worked very well,” Miroku offered.
 
“Huh,” the young miko responded. “I'll have to figure out how I did that and how to tell the difference, but not today. I'm exhausted, and InuYasha is back, so I can go home and check on a couple of things.”
 
“Half-breed, you are back,” Sesshomaru said as he entered the clearing.
 
“Nice to see you too, Sesshomaru,” InuYasha replied. “So you couldn't break through Kagome's barrier, either?”
 
“This Sesshomaru was not able to penetrate her barrier. It is quite strong. When will you be ready to resume your training?”
 
“Not tonight. I've been traveling for three days. Kagome needs to go home, so I have to go with her. She has to check up on her schoolwork and call Totosai-” InuYasha stopped himself short. “I mean we need to go so we can be back before Totosai gets here. I commissioned him for something and he will bring them when they're finished.”
 
Sesshomaru just raised an eyebrow. He did not miss InuYasha's slip of the tongue. However, he would not press for an answer. At least, not for now.
 
*SLAP* “Hentai!” interrupted them as Sango walloped the monk. Apparently she still did not approve of his groping her in front of others.
 
“I see some things haven't changed while I was gone,” InuYasha said with a grin.
 
“Nope, not at all,” Kagome answered. “Are you ready to go home? I could use a nice hot soak in the tub.”
 
“What about your bow and quiver?” InuYasha asked. “You usually leave them here.”
 
“I will take them,” Sango offered. “Or better yet, Houshi will. It would be best if his hands are occupied.”
 
Kagome just shook her head and grinned as she handed them to him. “Just be careful about hitting him in the head with Hiraikotsu, Sango. You don't want to cause any permanent damage to him. We'll be back day after tomorrow at the latest. I do need to try and get at least some schoolwork done while I am home. Ready, InuYasha?”
 
“Oi. Let's go,” the hanyou said as he scooped his mate up in front of him. He leaned in to kiss her as he jumped and vanished in the blue light of the time slip.
 
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
 
“Kukukuku. So, both Kikyou and Sesshomaru were attempting to kill Kagome?”
 
“That is how it appeared,” Byakuya replied. “It appeared that the old miko and monk were trying to protect her, though I do not know how long they could maintain a barrier against such an assault.”
 
“Hmmm. What of InuYasha?”
 
“There was no sign of him or the wolf demon. I could not tell if they were already dead, or if they had simply taken their fight elsewhere. Or, perhaps Kouga had already dispatched with InuYasha, but then fled when his half brother appeared. All I know is that there was no sign of either of them in the area.”
“And the demon slayer, and Kohaku?” Naraku asked.
 
Byakuya shook his head. “Sorry, but I didn't see them, either. You think the slayer may have grabbed her brother and took off?”
 
“If she did, she is likely to have returned to her old home at the demon slayer village. Go there and see if you can find them. If you do, seize the boy and bring him to me. He still has something that belongs to me. Kukukuku.”
 
“As you wish,” Byakuya responded as he threw down a paper crane and then vanished.
 
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
 
Kouga was on his way back, followed by the panting Hakkaku and Ginta. He had been able to find out nothing of value regarding Naraku. All he had been able to uncover were even more vile tales about the tiger assassin. The closer to the Northern Lands he roamed, the more he heard about Keikaiyari. In a couple of places where he mentioned that the tiger had been killed, they actually celebrated and offered the ookami prince food and drink. Kouga politely declined and told them he had to be on his way, even though he had no plan as to where to go next. Finally, coming to the conclusion that he probably wasn't going to find any useful information about the vile hanyou, he announced to his comrades that they were heading back to Kagome's village. Grateful to at least have some direction, they followed after him when he took off.
 
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
 
“What is it, Kaede?” Sango asked as the older miko stared at where Kagome had been repelling the demon slayer's attack. “You too?” she questioned as she noticed the monk was doing the same thing and rubbing his chin.
 
“How did he do that?” Kaede wondered out loud.
 
“What do you mean?” Sango responded.
 
“Just how exactly did InuYasha go through her barrier like that? None of us have been able to penetrate it. She could protect us with it, or she could keep us out. But we could not go through it like InuYasha did,” Miroku added to the conversation.
 
Sango looked puzzled. “You are right. He jumped off of Kirara and went right through it like it was not even there. But I did not see Kagome drop it, did you?”
 
“Maybe it has something to do with the fact that InuYasha can meld his youki with her aura. They were even able to do it while InuYasha was with Totosai,” Kaede pondered.
 
“What?!” the others exclaimed.
 
“When I came out to speak with Kagome the other night, she was clearly wrapped in their combined auras. Even she was not aware that it was visible. Apparently, she was speaking to him within her mind, and thought that was the connection that she felt. She did not know that she appeared as they did that day when they demonstrated their meditation to us,” Kaede informed them.
 
“Kagome would not tell me why InuYasha went to Totosai, other than it was to see if he could create something to help make their bond stronger when they were separated. I wonder if this means that it is working?” Miroku wondered out loud.
 
“Totosai is far more powerful and intelligent than most realize.” The others jumped when Sesshomaru returned to the clearing with Rin following close behind him. “If he has the right ingredients, he can create almost anything that will work in the right hands.”
 
“So, could that explain how InuYasha was able to jump right through Kagome's barrier? Not even you could penetrate it.” Miroku asked.
 
“He is her mate,” Sesshomaru responded.
 
“But that first time, he couldn't get through to her at all. He was finally able to reach her with his mind and get her to drop it, but before that he couldn't get through it no matter how hard he tried,” Sango offered. “Though they were newly mated then, and did not have as much control.”
 
“The more they are together, the more they become alike, even though they remain different,” Sesshomaru said.
 
That cryptic message had the others scratching their heads.
 
“Oh, you mean the more they…” Miroku started with a grin.
 
“Yes,” Sesshomaru answered.
 
Sango just blushed.
 
“Demon Slayer.”
 
“Yes, Lord Sesshomaru?”
 
“Rin as requested that you teach her to read and write when you work with the kitsune. Is that acceptable?” the Taiyoukai asked.
 
Grateful for a change in topic, Sango nodded. “Of course. I did not want to do anything without your permission, though.”
 
“That is understandable. This Sesshomaru has agreed to this,” he said solemnly. “Rin.”
 
“Yes, Lord Sesshomaru?”
 
“Follow the Demon Slayer's instructions,” he told her.
 
Rin clapped her hands together in excitement. “Yes, Lord Sesshomaru!”
 
Sango held her hand out towards the young girl. “Let us go and see what Shippou is up to. He is supposed to be keeping an eye on our dinner so that it does not burn.”
 
“Yes, Sango-sama,” Rin responded as she took the outstretched hand.
 
“Wait for me,” Miroku called as he followed after them. At least his hands were occupied with Kagome's bow and quiver full of arrows.
 
 
 
 
Their kiss deepened as they went through the time slip. They didn't know exactly what had happened, except that it was intense. InuYasha set Kagome on her feet without losing contact with her lips. He neatly reached under her skirt and sliced her panties away.
 
At least he left her skirt intact so she had something to cover her when they headed for the house.
 
He surprised her as he hoisted her up against the wall of the well. Cupping her thighs in his hands, he proceeded to devour her where he stood. Kagome could do little more than flatten her back against the ancient wood and try not to bang her head as she thrashed it in pleasure.
 
“InuYasha!” she exclaimed softly as he drove his tongue deep into her before sucking her nub and at her clit. She finally grabbed his mane and held on. She knew he wouldn't let her fall, but damn it felt good. Her feet started to kick uncontrollably as her body started to jerk, and still he held her there, as she gasped for air and her juices flowed into his waiting mouth. He continued his torture until her body finally went limp, unable to take any more; nevertheless, it was not yet enough.
 
The miko wrapped her arms around her mate's head as she leaned over and whispered into his ear, “I want you inside of me, now.”
 
InuYasha stood her back on her feet long enough to untie his hakama and fundoshi and let them fall to the ground. She had pulled his lips back to hers, and did not miss that his glistening face smelled like her and his mouth tasted like her. With the offending garments out of the way, she felt herself being lifted and pressed into the wood again, though this time it was only high enough for him to swiftly sheath himself inside of her. Kagome wrapped her arms around his neck and put her mouth back to his ear. “Fuck me,” she said before she ran her tongue up the inside of the furry appendage.
 
The hanyou ground his hips against her, and felt her shift so that her hands were on his shoulders. His entire body felt on fire as he crushed into her, rotating his hips as he plunged in each time. A breast bounced into his face as Kagome pulled her top and bra up out of the way, and he latched on, never losing his rhythm.
 
The miko was totally overwhelmed with the sensations running through her. She had briefly wondered at times what it would be like for her mate to take her in the well, but she didn't imagine anything like this. It was wild and rough and erotic in a way she couldn't fathom.
 
She wanted to scream out in ecstasy as she felt her body coil as it prepared for a massive orgasm. Not wanting to attract the attention of her grandfather, or anyone else on the grounds and draw them to the well house, she grabbed the sides of InuYasha's face that was buried between her breasts and pulled it up. He grinned, fangs peeking out, as he watched her face contort in pleasure. Feeling the burning in his loin and balls, realizing he was almost ready to fill her, he was eager as her lips found his and she opened her mouth against his own. The hanyou cried into her mouth when he filled her in a heated rush, only to be met by the gush of her fluids trying to flow back out as she nearly screamed into his. They broke apart, panting and gasping for oxygen, as he remained buried deep inside of her body. While he supported her and held her against the wall, she wrapped her arms around him and rested her chin on his shoulder.
 
“Wow,” was all she was able to choke out as she clung to her mate. When she finally caught her breath, she said, “So I guess you really did miss me, huh?”
 
“Yeah,” he responded, and then leaned in to kiss her again, though this one was soft and tender, instead of rough and wild.
 
“Me, too,” Kagome practically whispered when they finally had to come up for air, as she rested her forehead against his.
 
 
 
 
“What is it, Lord Sesshomaru?” Kaede asked as the backs of the others disappeared along the path that led back to her hut.
 
The Taiyoukai just raised an eyebrow and looked at her.
 
“You do not have to say anything, but I can feel that something is troubling you,” Kaede offered. “It permeates your youki.”
 
Sesshomaru raised both eyebrows in surprise at that statement.
 
“I doubt that anyone else would notice, but I have spent more time with you, and recognize your aura. Perhaps because I am a miko, I pick up on subtleties that others would miss. However, I think Rin picks up some of your feelings as well, even if you do not demonstrate them or say anything,” Kaede stated. “I do not believe it is anything your enemies could benefit from. Will you not tell me what it is? You know that you can trust me.”
 
“Naraku,” Sesshomaru finally said after processing what he just heard. Was it true? Did Rin really know him that well?
 
“You have been unable to find out anything more,” Kaede stated.
 
“Nothing, though this Sesshomaru would have sworn the presence of one of his incarnations was in the area yesterday. This Sesshomaru thinks he may have observed the attacks at the barrier of the little miko.”
 
“Huumm. Since I was inside the barrier, I could not feel anything that was outside of it. What do you think it means?” the old miko asked.
 
“That Naraku sent his incarnation to check on the progress of his plan. This Sesshomaru attacked even harder when the presence was felt to give the illusion that we were truly trying to reach the miko. This Sesshomaru is concerned that he may attack before they are ready.”
 
Sesshomaru squinted his eyes as he heard Kaede chuckle. “No, Lord Sesshomaru, I am not making light of your concern. But I know those two can do things that are supposed to be impossible when forced to by circumstances. In any case, they are much stronger than they have ever been, and you have helped a great deal in developing their new powers. No matter what happens, I am certain that Naraku will receive a surprise when he finally makes an appearance. From what we know, if nothing else, he believes that Kagome now has no power. We both know that is far from the truth.”
 
“Indeed,” Sesshomaru responded.
 
 
 
 
After gently cleaning Kagome up with his tongue, trying to remove traces of their combined fluids that dripped down her legs, InuYasha had retrieved his hakama from the floor and pulled it back up into place. Deciding that he wasn't going to be running around or flying through any trees so that he needed the fundoshi to hold things in place, he wrapped the long strip of cloth around his hand and then tucked it into his kimono. Not yet ready to relinquish his alone time with his mate, he had jumped out of the well with her, but then settled on the floor of the well house with her in his lap. The miko's arms were wrapped around his body, and she was snuggled against his chest. The hanyou had one arm wrapped possessively around her middle, while the other played with her hair.
 
“Thanks, InuYasha,” Kagome said softly as he held her close.
 
InuYasha leaned in and kissed the top of her head. “I should be thanking you. I'm sorry I couldn't wait until tonight.”
 
“It's okay. I didn't want to wait, either. And I had kind of wondered what that would be like,” she responded.
 
“What?” the hanyou asked, puzzled.
 
“In the well. I'm surprised we haven't done that before.”
 
“The one time I tried something, Shippou and the pervert showed up. Here we always have to worry about your grandfather or brother,” InuYasha replied.
 
Kagome giggled. “I'd almost forgotten about that. And I was so close, too, when Shippou had to show up and ruin it. And thanks for leaving my skirt intact. I think it helped.”
 
“Keh?”
 
“I'd probably have some splinters in my butt if I hadn't had my skirt between me and the wall. I doubt I would have enjoyed it so much if you had to pick them out when we were done. And at least I have something to cover my bottom when we go inside.”
 
“Oh, that reminds me,” InuYasha said as he reached into his shirt and pulled out her panties. “I borrowed these before I left.”
 
“You took my panties out of the dirty clothes hamper?” Kagome asked. She wasn't angry, just confused. Even her nose could pick up that they had been worn.
 
“They carry your scent the strongest. I hoped they would help me keep control during the full moon. I ended up using them after I lost contact with you and the two old fools aggravated me again. Anyway, they're in one piece if you want to put them on.”
 
Kagome kissed him on the cheek. “I'm glad they were able to help, and I'll wear them until I can get to my room for a fresh pair. Thanks, InuYasha.” Even though they weren't clean, she was grateful to have them. She knew as soon as she stood up, another reminder of their coupling would run down her leg as fluids slowly drained back out of her body and would continue to do so.
 
 
 
 
“Come, Lord Sesshomaru. We have plenty to eat, and I am certain that Rin would be happy you were there. How is your vassal faring, by the way?” Kaede asked as she started along the path that would lead them to the others.
 
“Jaken? He is as he always is,” the Taiyoukai responded.
 
Kaede chuckled. She knew that meant he was jealous that Sesshomaru was spending time with humans and his half-brother. Even she could tell that, and she had only heard a few of his snide comments when they were in the same vicinity. Instead of saying anything about that, however, she said, “He is very loyal to you, is he not?”
 
“Yes.”
 
“And the dragon? He seems to be very protective of Rin. In the past I could feel him in the vicinity, when I thought he would be closer to the river. However, he seems to be harmless for the most part,” the old miko commented.
 
“Ah-Un knows that his job is to guard Rin. He is generally mild mannered, unless something angers him. However, he and the firecat seem to have come to something of an agreement, so you may not feel him as close as before. For his size, he can hide his presence well, but was not comfortable lurking near humans. The firecat is helping to watch Rin when she is with the humans. He, in turn, is staying near the river to help keep guard from that direction. It is not known when or where Naraku will make his appearance,” Sesshomaru responded.
 
“I see,” Kaede said as they approached her hut.
 
Kaede smiled at the sight that met her eyes as she walked into the clearing by her hut. Apparently Rin was too excited to wait to begin her lessons, so Sango was sitting next to her, and appeared to be starting by teaching her to write some of the basic symbols. At least all of her coloring had paid off, because Rin had pretty good eye-hand coordination as she copied the symbols into the tablet as the demon slayer explained what each was.
 
“Why doesn't she have to draw them as many times as I did, Sango?” Shippou interrupted as they worked.
 
Sango looked up. “Because she is paying attention and not playing around, and is trying to do as I asked her to.”
 
The kitsune looked at her and pouted, so Sango reached over and ruffled the top of his head. “Silly, it is easier for her to hold the pen than it was for you since she has fingers designed for that. Your paws may look like hands, but they are still paws. Plus, she hasn't gotten frustrated and burned any of the pages so that she had to start over.”
 
Shippou mumbled something under his breath that it wasn't fair when Kirara stood up and meowed.
 
Miroku suddenly appeared from wherever he had disappeared to and was looking down the path, as if he were waiting for something.
 
“I do not know if this is good or bad,” Kaede said as she hurried to the group gathered around the fire.
 
Sesshomaru was puzzled. He could feel the aura that approached, and knew who it was. The half-breed and little miko were not here, so that was not an issue. However, there was no doubt of the concern that radiated from both the old miko and the monk. What exactly were they expecting?
 
And then he realized that there was the scent of another with the undead miko as she approached the hut from the other side.
 
Sango had finally looked up to see that Kaede and Miroku were both staring at the path, as if something was coming. The slayer could feel no demonic aura other than those that were there with them, so what was going on?
 
She stood, and reached behind her for Hiraikotsu when she felt a hand on her shoulder. She looked behind her to see that Miroku was shaking his head, so she faced the path as the others were, confused. They were obviously concerned, but apparently she didn't need her weapon.
 
First, she saw Kikyou appear as she made her way out of the trees. But for some reason, the clay miko stopped and turned around. She said not a word as she waited patiently.
 
Everyone around the fire was now watching and waiting in silence.
 
Rin could feel the tension, and not certain what was happening, jumped up and ran to her Lord to stand by his side. She was partially hidden by his body as she scooted behind him so she could see, but be near him to protect her if needed.
 
And, they waited.
 
They heard Sango gasp with a sob as the boy stepped into the clearing.
 
“Kohaku.”
 
 
To be continued…