InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ She Who the Prophecy Foretold ❯ Kagome Kagome Miko in a Mess ( Chapter 16 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha. Inuyasha & co. belong to the illustrious Rumiko Takahashi. I do, however, own all my original characters and this plotline.
 
Chapter 16 - Kagome, Kagome Miko in a Mess
 
 
Kouga was running again, searching for his intended, his beautiful Miko Kagome. He had been running for a while when he suddenly caught her scent in the air. Following the tantalizing aroma he knew he was getting closer. Within moments he had spotted her. She was sitting at the base of a tree, eyes closed as if she were asleep. He skidded to a stop in front of her, taking in her appearance. She looked even more beautiful than usual, her dark lashes brushing her cheeks and her hair flowing gently in the breeze. Moving silently he knelt before her and watched as her ocean blue orbs were slowly revealed to him as her lashes lifted. When she caught sight of him a smile spread across her face.
 
“Oh Kouga, I knew you would come for me!”
 
“Of course, Kagome, my love! Are you well? Not hurt or anything?”
 
“No, Kouga, I'm perfectly fine now that you're here.” Kagome leaned forward, wrapping an arm around his neck and pulling his face down to meet hers. She pressed her lips to his softly but once he felt her warmth he shifted positions and pulled her into his lap, holding her close to his chest and kissing her more forcefully. He felt her lips open slightly and he accepted the invitation, slipping his tongue into her mouth, tasting her, exploring every inch until he engaged her tongue in a gentle battle. When they had to separate to breathe he took in her appearance. Her cheeks were flushed and her lips moist and plump, begging for more of his attention. All in all she looked completely erotic, appearing more perfect now than in any dream or fantasy he had ever had.
 
“Where have you been Kagome? Everyone is worried, even dog-breath.”
 
“I just couldn't take it anymore, Kouga. I couldn't stay with him anymore. I needed you, Kouga, I needed to find you. I couldn't be with that stupid hanyou for one more second. I needed a real demon like you. So I decided to leave and look for you. I knew with your powerful demon senses you would be able to find me. You always do. Kouga, please, don't make me go back to him. Let me stay with you.”
 
“Kagome, you don't know how long I have been waiting to hear you say that. Of course you can stay with me. I'll make you my mate and you will always be safe and protected with my pack.”
 
“Yes, Kouga, please, make me your mate. I don't think I can wait any longer.” Her voice was low and seductive as she whispered her pleas in his delicately pointed ear. One of her hands slid down his chest and was working on loosening his armor. The other reached up and let his hair loose before she tangled her fist in his locks and pulled him back for a deep kiss full of promise, just a hint of what was to come. He allowed his hands to slide over her body as well, feeling her curves, soft and feminine in all the right places. One hand slipped under her shirt, claws gliding over the silky skin of her stomach before moving higher.
 
While his hand sought out her breasts, hers had moved on after successfully removing his chest plate. They were sliding lower and lower until they were under his furs. He tensed in anticipation of her touch and nearly melted beneath her as her small hands wrapped around his hard, pulsing need. Their kiss had broken again and he looked into her lust glazed eyes. He watched her lips as they opened to speak.
 
“Squawk!” Kouga was confused. Did she just squawk at him? Eh, it didn't matter too much. Her hands were still wrapped around him, moving slowly, teasing his hot skin.
 
“Squawk!” That time she squawked even louder but he fought to ignore the oddity of the sound.
 
Using a claw he sliced down the front of her shirt to expose her skin to his explorations. He refused to even think of encouraging her to move her hands so he could pull her shirt off the right way. No, those hands felt way too good where they were. He found himself whirling dangerously close to completion at just the simple soft touch of her hands.
 
“Oh Kagome, that feels so good. Don't stop!”
 
She continued to stroke him while leaning in for another kiss. Her lips had almost touched his when, “SQUAWK!”
 
Kouga jumped before sitting up and looking around. Where was she? She had been there just a second ago. When his vision adjusted and he could see where he was he let out a disappointed sigh. It had been just a dream. Again! When, he wanted to know when would it finally not be a dream? He heard the birds squawking outside the small cave he had been resting in. `Damn birds! Just had to interrupt! It was getting good, too! Oh well, a dream is better than nothing.' He lay back, closing his eyes, hoping to start the dream right where it had left off.
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
“Kagome, Kagome, will you play with us?” Isamu pleaded while hopping around in front of her.
“Of course I will.” Kagome smiled warmly at them all as they cheered. “Do you want me to teach you a game?”
 
“Yes, yes, please!” The children cried out in a chorus of happy voices. Kagome couldn't help but smile wider. “What game are you going to teach us?” Akihiro inquired.
 
“Well, how about I teach you the game that I share my name with? Isamu made me think of it.” Once again the children cheered. “Okay, well then we need to pick who gets to be `it' first. How about you Isamu, since you reminded me of it?” Isamu nodded. Okay then. You sit here and cover your eyes. Everyone else stand in a circle around Isamu and we all hold hands.” When everyone was arranged she continued. “Okay, now we sing a little song while we walk around in the circle around Isamu. When the song is over Isamu, you guess who is behind you. If you're right then they become it and trade places. If not, we go again until you are right. I'm not quite sure how fair this will be with your demon senses though. Oh well. I'll sing the song the first time,and you all try to remember the words, okay?” They group began circling Isamu as Kagome sang the song:
 
 
“Kagome, Kagome, the bird in the cage,
when will you come out?
In the evening of the dawn,
the crane and turtle slipped.
Who stands right behind you now?”
 
 
They stopped moving and Isamu took a guess. This went on for quite a while, everyone having a turn to be it. No one saw Sesshoumaru standing in the window of his study smiling down on the woman he craved playing with his pups and Rin, looking for all intents and purposes to be their mother, just as he knew they all desired. And he did too. They looked so happy that he couldn't keep the huge smile from escaping no matter how hard he tried. It seemed that as long as Kagome was present his stoic mask would be impossible and yet he just couldn't make himself care.
 
After the group tired of “Kagome, Kagome”, the miko of the same name taught them how to play tag and she sat and watched them run and laugh. She noticed that when Rin was it all the pups moved at a slower pace to be fair. She suddenly felt very proud of them, even though she didn't quite know how that feeling snuck in there. She had been trying not to get attached, knowing she had to leave them, but it was just too hard. She had become attached to Rin at their first meeting and the pups shared an even more intimate bond with her, making keeping an emotional distance impossible. While she sat she contemplated her situation and what she could tell Inuyasha and the others about where she had been all this time. Inuyasha was sure to be mad. Suddenly the thought struck her. Kikyo was dead. Inuyasha had to be devastated. The miko found herself regretting this and even though she no longer suffered the pain of missing a part of her soul, even though Kikyo had to die for her to live, Kagome still felt guilty. It was her fault that Inuyasha's love was lost to him once again, this time killed by his own brother. She decided she would have to ask Sesshoumaru about it so she at least knew what to expect. Did Inuyasha even know?
 
`Sango, Miroku and Shippo must be worried. I wonder if Inuyasha went and talked to Mama. Oh, if he did, then she must be freaking out by now! I need to go back as soon as possible. Things are such a mess!'
 
She spent the late morning hours searching for any excuse that they would believe for why she had been gone and where she had been, all while watching over the children playing. Eventually Rin tired out and came to sit beside Kagome after picking a large bundle of flowers. Kagome watched as Rin made flower crowns still in deep thought, all the while running her hands through Kazue's soft black and red fur.
 
`I can't tell them I was with Sesshoumaru, that's for sure. Inuyasha would freak. He would probably think I betrayed him. But then what?'
 
She searched and searched for ideas and finally decided on one. She would tell them she had been met on her way to Kaede's by someone from a nearby village who needed help. She went with them and ended up healing some injured villagers, overdid it and had to rest before she could return. She had even figured out what to say about Kazue. She came across her in the village, fed her, and now the inu refused to leave her side. She wouldn't tell them that she could communicate with her. They didn't need to know that, at least not right away. Now about the marks. Sesshoumaru had told her he could teach her how to make them invisible but that full demons would sense it. Kirara couldn't tell anyone and if Shippo mentioned it, she would tell him but have him keep it a secret. If Miroku noticed, well, he was good at keeping confidences, that she knew for sure. Just so long as Inuyasha didn't notice. If he did, she had no idea how to explain it away.
 
Kagome almost missed it when a servant called them in for lunch. She followed the children inside and helped them wash up, Kazue riding on her shoulder just like Kirara sometimes did. Lunch was a noisy affair. Sesshoumaru did not attend so the children spent the time asking Kagome question after question about her adventures, her companions, and her family, everything they could think of. By the time lunch was finished Kagome was slightly relieved that they would be going for afternoon lessons and she would have some quiet time to speak with Sesshoumaru. She enlisted the aide of a servant to lead her to Sesshoumaru's study where she knocked quietly and waited.
 
She heard a quiet “Enter” and she pushed the door open. Again, like the dining room, the double doors were solid wood and she had to give quite a shove before the door opened a crack and she slid her way in, pushing the door closed behind her.
 
She looked around the room for a moment, taking it all in. The room's center of attention was a large low desk, with pillows in the front for guests and a silver haired demon lord seated on the other side, appearing to be attentively reading a scroll. She did not see his eyes peek over it at her while she continued her perusal of the room. The wall opposite the door was lined with shelves filled with scrolls and some ancient looking bound books as well. The wall behind Sesshoumaru was covered from floor to ceiling with a variety of antique looking weapons. It certainly gave the inu an air of power, sitting there surrounded by weapons. The wall opposite the weapon shrine was filled with a large set out double doors with large windows in them which led out to a balcony. She walked towards the balcony, noticing that the study overlooked the garden where she had spent her morning hours. The wall that held the door she had entered through held a fireplace to its right with large overstuffed pillows in front of it and to the left was a large set of drawers, the top surface covered with more scrolls as well as blank writing paper, extra ink wells and brushes. Hanging above the chest of drawers was a huge ancient looking map of Japan, showing the borders of the lands as well as points of interest.
 
Kagome found herself drawn to the map and soon was standing in front of it studying it closely, oblivious to the inu staring intently at her ass as she leaned closer to read the smaller characters, bending over the chest of drawers to do so. She found the Western fortress and her current location and then began trying to determine where the Bone Eater's Well would be. Sesshoumaru sensed her growing frustration and rose to stand behind her.
 
“What exactly is it that you are looking for, Kagome?” His breath slid across the right side of her neck and her ear as he leaned in closer. Despite her best attempt she failed to suppress the tingle that spread from her ear straight down her spine, causing a shudder that swept through her entire body.
 
Now she was nervous. He was very, very close to her! Finally she found the ability to form words. “I'm looking for Inuyasha's forest, Kaede's village, and the Bone Eater's Well. I guess I'm just curious to see how far away I really am.”
 
Deciding to take further advantage of the situation, Sesshoumaru slid his arm around her waist, pulling her flush against his chest before reaching out to point to a location on the map. “This area here is what is called Inuyasha's forest.” He moved his finger slightly and pointed again. “This is the village of the elder miko you call Kaede.” He moved once more, just a bit. “And here is the Bone Eater's Well.” Kagome noticed that the well seemed to be smack dab in the center of the country. She had never noticed that before. With all the traveling that they had done, she had never really taken the time to look at a map and see where they had been. She continued to study the map, taking note of familiar landmarks. She was ripped from her musing however by a soft warm breeze blowing past her right ear, followed by wet warmth tracing the shell of her ear. She froze.
 
`Sesshoumaru did not just lick my ear. That is just not possible! I must be hallucinating!!!'
 
“Kagome, come sit so we may speak.” When Kagome finally dug up the courage to turn around she found the demon lord to have returned to his seat at the desk. Slowly, while looking at him suspiciously, she moved to the opposite side of the desk and settled herself on an especially uncomfortable looking pillow.
 
`Probably uncomfortable for a reason. Get people in and out; keep people uncomfortable so they may be distracted from their purpose. Surely political reasons. But damn, this pillow sucks!'
 
Sesshoumaru began speaking, first asking her if she had thought on when she would like to leave. He had been surprised and surprisingly hurt when she asked if she could possibly leave tomorrow. He found himself searching for excuses to keep here with him but could not find a valid one. Sighing audibly, he moved on to what she intended to tell her friends. She informed him of what she had come up with while thinking in the garden and he agreed that while not great, they were probably the best explanations they would come up with, well, besides the truth which Kagome obviously could not tell. He found that it hurt in his chest when he thought of Kagome lying about spending time with him, hiding their time together. He wanted the world to know what she meant to him but he figured she would need to know first or things could get a little messy.
 
Deciding to move on and bury that line of thought for the time being, he taught her how to hide the marks given by his sons. Another tug. She had to hide the evidence of her bond with his pups all because of the hanyou. Once again he had to push the depressing thought away for the time being. Finally he came to his real purpose for their meeting.
 
He took a deep breath before beginning. “Kagome, if you would allow it I would like to mark you in a similar manner as my pups. This Sesshoumaru owes you a great debt and with a mark, not only would I know if you needed help or were in danger, but also the mark alone would deter most lesser demons from attacking you. The mark could be hidden the same way. I wanted to ask your permission first. I will understand if you do not want a connection with this Sesshoumaru, as I have attempted to harm you in the past.”
 
“Melt me is more like it,” Kagome muttered under her breath, but a quick glance told her that he had heard.
 
“This Sesshoumaru deeply apologizes for all the times I have attempted to harm you. I truly wish they had not occurred. I would now pledge my life to your protection just as my pups have done, as well as Kazue. Will you allow this?”
 
“Don't worry about it Sesshoumaru. I forgive you. Every one of my friends has either tried to kill me, kidnap me, or take my jewel shards, and I made friends with all of them anyway. I hope we can be friends now too, despite your relationship with Inuyasha. If it means that much to you, then yes you may mark me.” Kagome was nervous but the idea of demons leaving her alone was too good to pass up. She was tired of constantly being attacked like she was a walking target.
 
Sesshoumaru let out a breath he didn't know he was holding when she forgave him. It felt as if a huge weight had been lifted off of him. He felt even better when she offered friendship. It wasn't quite what he wanted but it was a start nonetheless. To top it off, she had agreed to him marking her. He was thrilled that the connection that had been lost when he removed his youki would be returned, even if not exactly the same. Ever since he lost it, he had felt an emptiness within.
 
“Where will you put your mark?” Kagome was intrigued by the whole marking business. Inuyasha had never mentioned it, nor had Shippo. Kagome wondered why neither had brought it up if it would help protect each other. Maybe they didn't know. After all, Inuyasha had pretty much raised himself so demon traditions were lost on him and Shippo was orphaned young so maybe he had yet to learn about it. If she kept it up like this, her whole body would be covered in demon tattoos!
 
This was something Sesshoumaru had given a lot of thought. The location of the mark added to its meaning and while he knew where he wanted to put his mark, he couldn't, at least not yet. Even the idiot hanyou wouldn't be able to miss a mating mark and that was definitely what he would like to give her. He finally decided on a semi-symbolic area, dead center on her upper chest. He told her of the location and explained what he would do. The process was a little different but not much. Once they had discussed it she gave him the go-ahead and the Great Lord Sesshoumaru, Taiyoukai and Ruler of the Western Lands proceeded to mark a human miko as pack, an event for the history books if every there was one. When he was finished they both looked at the mark, although to be honest, Sesshoumaru was looking a little lower. The mark was beautiful. There was a dark blue crescent moon, tilted slightly on its side so that the opening pointed up and towards her left side. A soft blue cloud surrounded and partially covered the lower half of the crescent and a magenta star was off to the right of the moon (when facing her, or closer to her left arm) and slightly above the border of the cloud. It was about three inches by three inches total in size.
 
Kagome loved the mark and let Sesshoumaru know it with a huge smile and a quick hug, both of which pleased him beyond all means, but he kept that to himself. She then practiced hiding her marks like he had taught her and she did it successfully. She decided to leave the marks visible until she left. Why hide them here anyway? Sesshoumaru promised to take her back to Kaede's village after breakfast in the morning and then led her to the library for some private time.
 
The library was gigantic and silent as the children took their afternoon lessons outside when the weather permitted. The walls were high, just like in the dining room and lined with shelves nearly to the ceiling. The walls were all covered in the dark red wood of the shelves. One end of the room had large windows but the heavy dark green curtains were currently drawn. When she entered the room, the countless candles in the chandeliers above lit on their own, giving more than enough light. There was a fireplace on one of the walls, also surrounded by shelves. Large sitting pillows were strewn about in strategic locations. Kagome found herself browsing through titles, looking for something that would catch her eye and her interest for a while. Finally she found one titled “Miko Spells”. She flipped through carefully, seeing that it was full of things that might come in handy. Deciding that this would do, Kagome lowered herself to a comfortable pillow and began reading.
 
 
Author's Note: The game Kagome, Kagome is real. I came across it on Wikepedia and thought it was just too good not to use.