InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ She Who the Prophecy Foretold ❯ Caught with his Pants Down ( Chapter 33 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 33 - Caught with his Pants Down 
 
      She needed to be professional here. She was going to be really, really close to Sesshoumaru's umm…his…oh, she was in trouble. She was blushing already and she hadn't even turned around yet. How in the hell was she going to manage this without him noticing? She fought hard to stop the blood flooding her cheeks, but she just couldn't do it.  
 
      “Kagome? Are you going to look at the wounds or stand there being embarrassed all day?” 
 
      That turned her around quick. “I'm not embarrassed!” 
 
      He chuckled at her. “You forget that I can feel your emotions through the mark. I know exactly how embarrassed you are. I also know that you are not only embarrassed.” The smirk on his lips let her know exactly what he meant. “Am I mistaken or do you find this Sesshoumaru attractive?” 
 
      Her mouth dropped open. “You honestly want to be asking me that question? I didn't forget about earlier. You know, before the battle when you were explaining things. Really, I never imagined it would be so easy!” She laughed once again at his look.  “Now, you behave yourself.” She slid through the water to stand on his right side, first looking at the gashes on the outside of his thigh. “Oh, these are really deep. Steri-strips aren't gonna do it. I'm going to have to sew them together so they'll heal faster.” She then steeled her will and moved to look at the nearly identical slices on his inner thigh. “You should count yourself lucky. If he had reached any higher you would be in a lot more pain. They go almost all the way up! I'm going to have to stitch these too. Stay here. I'm gonna get the stuff ready.” 
 
      He watched as she lifted her body from the water, licking his lips as he watched the lucky droplets that rolled down her perfectly flat stomach, disappearing into the fabric of the bottom of her `bath suit'. When he felt himself stir though he immediately looked away and directed his thoughts to anything but her nearly naked dripping wet gorgeous and perfectly proportioned body. Yeah, he was having a really hard time keeping his eyes and his thoughts off of her. It was hard enough just to keep his hands in line. 
 
      She sat next to him on the edge of the spring. “I'm not sure how to have you put your leg so I can do this. Can you put your foot up here or will that make it hurt more.” She watched as he twisted his body slightly so he could place his right foot on the ground, his knee bent, forming a perfect isosceles triangle. “Does that hurt?” He shook his head in the negative. “Okay then. Now, I'm going to use this needle,” she held up a small curved piece of metal, “And this is a special material made for sewing up wounds. I'm going to do my best not to hurt you, but you're gonna feel some pricks and pulling.” 
 
      “This Sesshoumaru will manage. You may proceed.” He watched her as she began the procedure, not even feeling it as the needle pierced his flesh over and over. Instead he was entranced by the look of concentration on her face. “You have done this before?” 
 
      “Yeah, tons of times. Inuyasha is always getting torn up and I've had to sew big gashes on Miroku and Sango before too. I can't sew a button back on to save my life, but give me a gaping flesh wound and it's like I'm a surgeon.” She looked up for a second and saw the flicker of confusion. “Surgeons are healers in my time that specialize in things that require opening up the body, like to heal the heart or lungs or something. They also stitch up really bad wounds after repairing the bones, muscles, tendons and stuff. Healing is very advanced in my time. Lots of technology they can use to see inside your body to look for broken bones and stuff. They can even see into your brain without ever touching you. It's really neat. I read a lot of first aid books, which really come in handy.” 
 
      Silence filled the steamy air for a few minutes until Sesshoumaru asked something that had been bothering him. “How was it that the hanyou convinced you to allow the battle?”  
 
      “Hmm? Oh, he didn't. I had been talking to Kazue and had already decided. She explained that you had changed the battle for me, that most battles would end in death or the loser being kicked out of the pack. She is really smart. It'll come in handy to have someone to explain all the demon traditions and stuff to me.” 
 
      “This Sesshoumaru would be happy to inform you regarding youkai. All you need to do is ask.” 
 
      “And if it's you I'm trying to interpret?” She fought for a moment as her lips twitched in protest before the smile broke out. “You know you can be very confusing at times, just like Inuyasha. I wonder if it's a dog thing.” The look on his face was absolutely priceless and she had to put the needle down she was laughing so hard. “And since when do you make faces? For damn near two years I have seen just two faces, the `die Inuyasha' face and the `filthy human' face. And now that I think about it, they are pretty much identical. But now, every time I look at you you're making a different face!” 
 
      He knew she was right. He had been doing his best to stay open to her in hopes of her getting to know him better as well as to make him seem less cold. “And what face was I making just now?” 
 
      “Just a minute ago? That was what I like to call the `I can't believe this girl just said that to me' face. And before that you almost looked nervous or something! Okay, okay. I'm almost done on this side, so don't make me laugh again or I can't work!” 
 
      Sesshoumaru let out a characteristic “Hn,” before falling silent again.  
 
      When she had finished with the outside she looked at him with a bright red blush on her cheeks. “I have to work on the inside now. Can you keep your leg like that or is it getting stiff?” As soon as the words left her lips she froze while looking straight into his eyes.  
 
      “Kami, Kagome. What is it with you? First at breakfast and now here? If you really want to know you could always check for yourself.” He was stunned for a second when she smacked his shoulder, before he smirked while making his `it is so much fun to embarrass the miko' face.  
 
      “And what would you have done if I called your bluff, reached out, and treated myself to a nice long feel, eh? I bet you would have fallen over in a dead faint!” Kagome thought she had gotten the last word. She hadn't. 
 
      She had set herself up perfectly and he couldn't resist. “If you consider it such a treat then feel free and feel all you like. Who am I to deny your pleasure? And I can assure you it would most definitely be a long feel.” Her face turned so red he doubted there was any blood left in the rest of her body. “What's the matter, Kagome? Did you change your mind?”  
 
      She had to think fast. He couldn't get the last word in! “Sorry to disappoint you. I know how much you would have enjoyed it.” She paused for a moment. “And if you keep picking on me I'm going to reach up and purify the first thing I find.” Sesshoumaru fell silent. No matter how much her power turned him on it would be counterproductive if she were to use said sexy power to purify that which most appreciated it. “That's what I thought. Now sit still and I'm going to start.”  
 
      Even with the pain of the wound and the odd sensation of her pulling at his skin he still managed to find unending enjoyment from her hands touching his inner thigh so softly. Her hands were so close, so close! Hell, all of her was close. She was standing back in the water now and her entire body was between his legs. She leaned against his left leg while stitching the right. For a moment he thought the Kamis had abandoned him when his body began to react, but fortunately it had been avoided. Unfortunately, though, was what had broken his concentration and thus saved him some embarrassment. 
 
      His whole body tensed as he sensed the demon's presence. Kazue rose from her resting place. Kagome, though, failed to notice as she continued stitching, having been forcing herself to concentrate only on the wound and not where it or she was. She did notice, however, when Kazue transformed and the demon spoke. 
 
      “My, my, my. Now this was definitely not what I had expected to find. I had been hoping to find the little miko alone and unprotected. But this! I must say, Kagome, how did you manage this? Oh, and who is your new pet?” Kagura slowly landed her feather on the opposite side of the hot spring, stepping off and replacing its shrunken form in her hair. She held her fan in her hand but it remained closed.  
 
      “Kagura,” Kagome whispered before she slowly turned to face the wind witch. Any thoughts of blushing had fled as soon as they appeared. If Kagura was here, then swarms of demons and Naraku puppets were sure to pop up soon.  
 
      “Explain your presence before this Sesshoumaru forcibly ends it.” He lowered a claw and cut the thread still connected to his leg where Kagome had stopped sewing the wound. The needle was still held in her hand, but she felt the thread go slack. He hadn't moved otherwise, still sitting on the edge of the spring with his foot planted firmly, knee in the air. Kazue took the cue and stayed motionless but ready. 
 
      “Oh, was now a bad time? I suppose I could come back later.” Her voice was sarcastic as she glared at the two. “I did not come to fight. I actually come to see if the miko knew of your whereabouts, Lord Sesshoumaru. But I can see that she has intimate knowledge.” 
 
      “It would do you well to cease your useless prattling and quickly get to the point.” He didn't want to have to fight Kagura at the moment. He wanted to go back to Kagome's head and her attention being ever so nicely placed between his legs. Besides, if he had to fight he would have to fight naked, and while it would not slow him down he was sure it would embarrass the woman he was trying to keep close and comfortable.  
 
      “Fine, spoilsport. I was searching for you to assist you in your revenge against Naraku.” 
 
      “And why would this Sesshoumaru have need of your assistance?”  
 
      “To lead you to him of course.” 
 
      “Like we're going to believe you! You work for Naraku, or did you forget?” Kagome was getting frustrated at the situation. Both she and the demon lord were in vulnerable positions at the moment.  
 
      “I can assure you, miko, that I do not do so willingly.” 
 
      “Right, of course. And then you lead us into another one of his traps. He's probably watching us right now with the mirror that creepy little girl carries. Sorry, but I don't think we're going to fall for it this time.” 
 
      “She's dead,” Kagura whispered.  
 
      “What did you say?” Kagome wasn't sure if she had heard correctly.  
 
      “I said she's dead. Naraku broke her mirror. He saw that you had reunited with your friends, he got angry, and he threw the stupid thing at the wall! And then he killed her!” Kagura was somewhere between yelling and sobbing, but she was managing to mostly hold back her tears. “I want you to kill him, Lord Sesshoumaru. I know you said before that you had no reason to be involved, but you do now. Naraku was the one who cursed your sons along with the help of Kikyo. I know you killed her, but he still lives and continues to plot. He rejoiced over their…” 
 
      Kagura's words were stopped in her throat as at that very moment Inuyasha and seven young inus that looked amazingly similar to Sesshoumaru crashed into the clearing nearly knocking Kazue into the spring. She had only avoided the water by taking to the sky. She looped around the clearing and landed closer to Kagome. Inuyasha took in the situation for a moment. “Fuck! I knew you were up to something you bastard! Kagome, what the hell?” 
 
      “Inuyasha! What is wrong with you! I was just stitching the claw marks you left behind. Before Kagura showed up that is.” She had started out yelling but ended with a more normal tone and a tilt of her head which served it purpose to draw his attention back to where it belonged.  
 
      “What the fuck do you want, Kagura?” He growled out her name as he pulled his sword.  
 
      The pups had also quickly taken in the situation, but they actually paid attention. Within moments they reached the edge of the spring and Yoshi pull Kagome effortlessly from the water, placing himself and his brothers between her and the threat. Mokomoko immediately wound up her body, effectively covering most of her. Since Kagome was now out of harms way, Sesshoumaru rose, still holding the wet shirt in front of him. Shinji and Hitoshi moved in front of him as he swiftly put his new pants on. All the while Kagura was watching, shocked.  
 
      “They're…they're alive!” 
 
      “What the fuck are you talking about, bitch?” Inuyasha had no idea what was going on but he knew Kagura was dangerous. That was all he cared about at the moment. 
      “How…how did you? You couldn't possibly have…” 
 
      “Saved them? Why, yes Kagura. They are alive, are they not? Apparently Naraku underestimated the power of the Shikon Miko.” 
 
      “Kagome saved them?” Her voice was still low.  
 
      “Are you gonna fight, bitch, or stand there and gawk?” Even though he was still injured, Inuyasha was aching for a fight. Anything to work out the frustration he was chock full of. 
 
      “This Sesshoumaru had no intention of trusting one such as you. As I said before, if you want him dead so badly, do it yourself.” 
 
      “But…but don't you want revenge?” She was too shocked by the presence of his sons alive and well to do much more than whisper.  
 
      “This Sesshoumaru shall have his revenge on his own terms. You would do well to remember that. And you would also do well to know that the miko is now under the protection of this Sesshoumaru. Should you attempt to approach her again I will not be so kind. Perhaps you should be returning to your master to tell him the news of his failure?” 
 
      Inuyasha turned to look at his brother in shock. “You're just gonna let her go? Are you fucking crazy?” 
 
      Sesshoumaru shot him a threatening look. “Do you question the authority of this Sesshoumaru?” He watched as the hanyou's ears flattened to his head and he sheathed his sword before turning to look once more at the wind witch. “Tell Naraku that he has failed pitifully once again. This Sesshoumaru is surprised he has survived this long with such incompetence.” 
 
      Kagura took the hint, pulled out a feather and took to the air. Before she flew away, however, she called out to the group. “When you're ready to believe me I will lead you to him. Until then watch for the bees. They are his only eyes now that Kanna is gone.”  
 
      In seconds she had disappeared and the group slowly relaxed. A minute later Miroku and Sango burst into the clearing, having left Shippo, Jaken, Ah Un, and Kirara to protect Rin if necessary. “Did we miss it?” Sango managed to get out between heavy breaths. They had been running fast!  
 
      “She's gone. It's over.” Kagome looked around at them all for a moment. “Now everyone get out of here! I'm not done stitching Sesshoumaru's wounds!” Everyone looked at her oddly. “What? Go on! Get!” Inuyasha grumbled but turned to leave, smacking the monk upside the head on the way by as he had been staring at Kagome since he had arrived in an attempt to determine what she was wearing under all that fur. Sango grabbed the monk by the robes and launched into a lecture while dragging him behind her while he tried to keep up. He knew if he fell she would continue to pull him and he doubted she would watch out for thorn bushes. The pups merely shook their heads and smiled before leaving too. Kazue returned to her smaller form and her nap, leaving the demon lord and the miko once again alone. 
 
      “Well that was certainly interesting. She just couldn't have waited five minutes for me to finish!” Kagome broke down laughing and nearly stumbled, being caught in the strong arm of Sesshoumaru. “And she thought! Ha! And then Inuyasha! Oh my Kami. Only me. That could only happen to me!” She continued laughing, barely even noticing that she was once again being held by a certain demon. When her laughing had finally calmed and she was able to breathe again she looked up at him. “Come on, now. Pants down! Let's finish so I can wrap your leg up and move on.” 
 
      He lifted a brow at her words. “Did you just order this Sesshoumaru to drop his pants?” She looked at him for a moment, trying to hold it in, but the laughter overcame her once more. This time he joined in, letting out a few chuckles. “Well, if it means that much to you.” He reached for the waist of his pants.  
 
      “Wait! Let me turn around! Here, don't forget to cover yourself!” She was blushing uncontrollably again as she looked off into the trees while unwinding the fur that covered her. When he was settled he sat and she returned to the water once more to finish her task. “Damn it! You pulled out all the ones I was working on. I didn't get to tie it off. Stay still.” She huffed for a moment in her frustration before she resumed her task, finishing quickly just in case of further distractions. “Alright, now I'm gonna wrap this whole area with bandages and I'll have to check it tomorrow. Hopefully they'll have all healed together nicely and I can take out the stitches.”  
 
      She proceeded to bandage the leg before turning away once more while he covered himself. She looked over the rest of his wounds. Most of the smaller ones were already gone, and just the cuts on his chest and side remained. She expertly added antiseptic cream and covered the areas with bandages. His wounds weren't bad enough to require a full chest wrap. She watched, then, as he finished dressing minus armor, draping mokomoko over his shoulder as usual, before she gathered her things and they headed back to camp.
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
 
Thanks goes to Coffee Flavored Fate for helping me with the revisions. You're Awesome!