InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ She Who the Prophecy Foretold ❯ Struggle for Survival and My Miko Mama ( Chapter 41 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 41 - Struggle for Survival and My Miko Mama
 
 
She had gotten much further than he had anticipated by the time he caught up with her. Or at least he thought he had caught up with her. But when he entered the clearing he was certain she was in he could not see her anywhere. He knew she was here though! After a moment he let out a sigh and glanced up at the clouds passing overhead in an attempt to release a bit of his stress. As his view passed over the trees, though, he saw her. She was in a tree! And fairly high in a tree too!
 
“Kagome? How did you get up there?”
 
“I climbed. How else?” Her tone was still rather snippy as she had not yet calmed down.
 
He walked towards the tree she sat in and settled himself on the ground below it. “Is there a reason you are in a tree?”
 
“I needed a moment. Sound familiar? I figured if a tree helped you so much, and it always seems to help Inuyasha, then maybe it would help me too.”
 
“Would you please come down? I would like to speak with you and I do happen to like looking at you while we speak.”
 
Silence filled the air for a moment and then there was some rustling of leaves. And then more silence. Eventually he heard a soft voice. “I can't get down.”
 
He couldn't help the smirk as he stood and evaluated her situation. She had managed to scoot out onto a thick branch far enough from the trunk that now she couldn't reach it. He walked to the trunk and leaned against it, mokomoko wrapping around the tree in a spiral, slowly ascending until it reached the branch she sat on. One end wrapped around the branch and the other her waist. “Slide down.”
 
“Are you kidding me? Slide down, from way up here?”
 
“I will not allow you to fall. Now slide down. Mokomoko is secure.” She gave him a tentative look before letting out a rather large sigh and looking at the length of white fur where it was wrapped around the branch. She finally gave up and reached out, grabbing the dangling part of the fur that hung between the branch and her waist and holding tight before sliding down as slowly as she could muster, landing on her feet right in front of him. Mokomoko then slid from the branch to wrap around Sesshoumaru as well, pulling the girl flush against his chest. “So you now have enhanced hearing? It is rather interesting, I must say.”
 
“Yeah, well Akihiro learned the hard way. What was it he told you before you came back all distracted? He wouldn't tell me and then they boys asked him what it was and he apparently whispered so that I wouldn't hear that it was about me and you would tell me. Except I heard him. So, tell me.”
 
He buried his hand in her hair before sliding it his fingers through it. “It is a secret. And it shall remain so until I am ready to tell you.” At her look he continued. “Some things must remain a surprise or you would be certain to get bored with this Sesshoumaru.”
 
“Me? Bored? Here? Never. Besides, I have a feeling there is still a lot I don't know about you. Like how old are you?”
 
“Does it matter?”
 
“Not really, no, but it's interesting.”
 
“Perhaps.”
 
“Well?”
 
“That is a secret as well.”
 
She looked up into his eyes, having to tilt her head back rather far being as her body was pressed completely against his chest and he stood about a head and a half higher than her. “You're a pain in the ass, you know that?” He merely smirked at her. “Fine, fine. Whatever. Since we're alone anyway, shall we share memories again?”
 
“That is acceptable. Perhaps you should go first this time.”
 
Kagome nodded and thought. Eventually she settled on some memories of school and times she went out with her friends, explaining to him all the new things as she went along. He had a rather hard time grasping the concept of a movie, even when she showed him. And the whole idea of cars moving without being alive was a bit difficult to explain, but she managed. After about a half an hour of what Kagome referred to as her boring life before-well, she stopped and it was his turn. Kazue, who had followed her when she stormed out of camp and simply watched as the human girl climbed a tree in a definite non-human way, had taken her leave of the two during that time. She had things she wanted to discuss with a cat.
 
~
 
Miroku was busy trying to convince Sango that Kagome would forgive them both while the children, who had decided nothing else exciting was going to happen, immersed themselves in the world of crayons. They especially enjoyed the coloring books as some of the pictures were of things they had never seen before and Shippo got to show off his immense knowledge as he recognized some things he had asked her about before. The little kitsune felt rather important as the others looked to him for explanations as well as his exciting tales of things she had actually brought for them to see or try.
 
Kirara was sitting near the large two headed dragon in what appeared to be an attempt to make friends. They were spending time silently sharing experiences with their respective groups, trying to get a feel for what may be coming in the future since the merger. Ah and Un were also sharing their opinions on their Lord's feelings and intentions while Kirara shared stories of the hanyou and his big mouth that rarely said nice things. The two-headed dragon was convinced the miko would become his Lady and the fire neko didn't seem to have any objections. Just a feeling that Inuyasha would probably not take things too well when he returned and discovered the developments the two had made since his disappearance. Kazue had joined them towards the end of their discussion, telling them both of the miko's very interesting climbing skills. She also shared all she knew of the budding relationship between the two. She was, after all, most often present when they were otherwise alone.
 
~
 
Kagome had witnessed many battles that had occurred after the death of Inu no Taisho, watching as time and again Sesshoumaru managed to kill the attackers, though some were harder than others. She had watched a rather grisly battle with a dragon that happened to be closely related to Ryukotsusei, who had been sealed by late lord directly before his death. Said dragon had declared that he would not only claim the west, but that by killing all remaining kin of the dead lord he would release the great dragon from the seal that held him, gaining himself great reward as well. Of course he did talk rather better than he fought, or at least it looked that way while matched against Sesshoumaru who lived up to his name as the killing perfection. He had been injured during the fight but the dragon, who had such a heightened opinion of his own power and strength, lost his head.
 
She noticed then that he seemed to have a penchant for removing heads as a way of finishing a battle. Rather effective, yes, but also quite messy and in Kagome's opinion rather gross. She liked it much better when they just poofed into dust. Much less disgusting and easier on your clothes too. She had also witnessed a scene directly before the removal of several more heads where he had overhead several servants speaking poorly of his father's human mate and hanyou offspring. Sesshoumaru hadn't taken that too well as was obvious when their words were cut off when their heads hit the ground.
 
She remembered reading once that during the French Revolution and the mass beheadings that a doctor had tried to determine how long the brain lived after the cut was made by requesting those sentenced to death by guillotine to attempt to blink as long as possible after the blade fell. She had a pretty good idea now, all on her own, of just about how long demon heads lasted and she was pretty sure it was longer than humans. Some of the mouths of the disembodied heads had attempted to form words for nearly a minute, but being as there was no throat or trachea no noise came out. Well, besides the odd gurgle. Some blinked in their surprise at having been defeated. Some even scowled. Those were rather entertaining, or at least would have been if it wasn't for all the mess.
 
Then there was the memory of when Sesshoumaru had gone to check on Izayoi and Inuyasha only to have witnessed the cruel words of her family as well as the despicable conditions they had been forced into. When he had confronted her father, the elder of the family, the bastard had actually had the nerve to tell him that they would have already been killed if not for his people's fear of retribution. Needless to say, his people had feared right as that very night many of the royal household, noble and servant alike met their end at his very angry claws. But by then it was too late. He had approached the room where they had been forced to stay under lock and key. Where they had not been adequately fed, nor was enough wood provided for the fire during the cold winter nights. He had known by her scent alone that Izayoi was not long for this world. He had stayed close then, but hidden, waiting for the inevitable and when it happened he ensured that his young brother, still just a child, managed to escape from the household. The boy had never even noticed the dead lining the halls. He still had no idea Sesshoumaru had already taken revenge on them for her death, even before it had happened.
 
He watched the boy run and hide. He made sure he managed to catch enough food. He watched over him as often as he could. But he could not bring the child home. He would have been nothing but a target as a hanyou child in the palace moon while enemies still attacked on a regular basis and where servants who did not learn from their predecessors spoke of righting the wrong of the old Lord. He could never be sure who was loyal and who was not until he caught them speaking ill so he could not trust anyone to protect the child. No. After much trouble, after nights of endless conflicting thoughts he had finally decided that Inuyasha was safer roaming the wild, hiding in the forests, than he could ever be in the palace at least until he was old enough and strong enough to defend himself, even if just for a short time until Sesshoumaru could return and protect him once more. He was safer where no one knew whose son he was. It had been an agonizing decision for the demon lord who very much wished to have his brother by his side. He was the only family he had left and despite his heritage he loved the little boy.
 
And so he watched over him as much as possible from the shadows. He stood guard on every new moon. He even left food for the child during more difficult times. But he never approached him. He could not bring himself to tell his brother he could not come home, that he could not protect him. So instead he allowed the boy's resentment of him grow as the child himself did. He watched with pride as he saw the little boy with the adorable puppy ears learn to fight, to defend himself. Somehow the child knew instinctively, or his mother had told him, to never tell anyone who he really was. He never trusted anyone. No, little Inuyasha had learned not to trust humans from his mother's family and not to trust demons from any and every one he ran into. Sesshoumaru had ordered Myouga, who he was certain was loyal, to assist the boy in any way he could, to teach him how to use his powers and help him survive. Myouga had also come to the rescue several times when the little hanyou had been cornered by someone bigger and meaner than himself. He had not always run away at the slightest sign of danger, but the little flea had eventually gotten into the habit of it by running for Sesshoumaru whenever there was a situation he felt Inuyasha might not be able to handle. Several times he had arrived at the very last second to stop a killing blow on the little boy.
 
And yet he never knew who his invisible guardian was. He didn't know why the demons never found him on his human nights. He never knew where fresh kills had come from that seemed to land at his feet when he was most hungry. He never knew how he had managed to survive when he had been certain he was going to die this time. He never knew why some demons saw him and turned to run away when they were surely stronger than he was. He had always felt an odd feeling of familiarity and powerful youki lurking around him but he never knew. He never knew his brother had watched over him for years, ensuring his survival. That Sesshoumaru was just waiting until he would be strong enough that he could safely return home. And by the time he was, Inuyasha had met the miko who he became so enamored with.
 
~
 
Sesshoumaru had attempted to stop several times during his memories, fearing he was overwhelming her but she had only urged him on. She had always been so curious about Inuyasha's life before Kikyo had pinned him to the god tree, but the hanyou had never been too big on sharing, especially when it came to his ramen and his past. She had been soaking in the knowledge as so many things about him became clear. She understood his insecurities much better now. She knew why he was always suspicious and why it had been so hard to get him to trust her at first. She also understood to a point why he resented Sesshoumaru so much. She had wanted him to go on, to tell her about Kikyo's part in his story, but he had refused. He had insisted they return to the campsite as she had yet to eat anything that day and it was now approaching afternoon. He could hear her stomach complaining loudly about its neglect and insisted she eat something.
 
When her attention had finally focused outward she stood there, her head slightly tilted, listening to an odd sound. She knew she had heard it before but she could not identify its source. He noticed her concentration and he focused on his hearing as well, while extending his senses to check over the area. They were back. Or rather more of them had shown up because none of the last swarm had made it away alive to be able to return. No, these were new ones and there were more of them than the last time. He walked slowly towards them, pulling her behind him while motioning for silence. When they were in sight and in range they began to fall from the sky in pieces as he extended his whip to pick them off one by one right out of the air. When he was certain they had once again been dispatched completely he turned back to her, seeing her smile at him.
 
“You know, you are extra cute when you're showing off.”
 
“This Sesshoumaru was not `showing off'. I was merely ensuring that Naraku's spies could not return to report their findings. Would you rather I allowed them to tell him of our location and activities?”
 
“No, but I've seen you take them out with one or two swipes. This time it looked more like target practice. Just admit it. You like showing me how powerful you are.”
 
He looked her over, evaluating her words before replying. “I suppose this Sesshoumaru does not wish to appear weak in your presence.”
 
“Yeah, yeah. I suppose you like being the big bad demon to the rescue. Don't you? I bet you're just dying for something to attack me again so you can have an excuse to kidnap me and hold me prisoner thirty feet off the ground for an extended period of time.”
 
“This Sesshoumaru does not need an excuse to carry you off.” As he spoke his arm slid around her waist once more, his fur wrapping around her as well. His hand wandered its way down to her ever so inviting ass before he lifted her off the ground once more, her legs wrapping around his waist for balance. Mokomoko wound around her to keep her snug and secure as he smirked at her. “This Sesshoumaru can carry you off anytime I wish. And you do not seem prone to denying me either.”
 
“Oh, shut up and take me to the food,” she said while wrapping her arms around his neck and snuggling in for the ride. “I didn't feel like walking anyway.”
 
~
 
Inuyasha was hungry. He had left camp before dawn two days earlier and he had yet to leave his personal sanctuary. He was still upset. He had managed to come to terms with the fact that his brother was interested in Kagome, even wanted her as his mate. She was extraordinary. It should have come as no surprise really. It wasn't like his brother fell for just any human. No, he fell for the most inhuman human he knew. It did make a kind of difference. At least he hadn't simply changed his mind about something that had influenced Inuyasha's life so much. No, he was sure Kagome could make just about anybody, human, hanyou, or demon, fall in love with her in some fashion. She was impossible to dislike. She was too nice, too kind and loving, too compassionate.
 
And he had even come to terms with the idea that she might like Sesshoumaru as well. He had known she held feelings for him for some time but more and more lately she had seemed less in love with him and more like she would love a friend. He hadn't caught her gazing at him with that faraway look she used to get. She certainly wasn't catering to his every whim, which to be honest he missed quite a bit. She had even defended his brother against him, Inuyasha, the guy she was supposed to be in love with. So yeah, it was possible she could have given up on him and moved on. And if his brother wasn't such an asshole then he wouldn't mind so much, but he was sure that she would end up hurt in some way. He was afraid she would fall in love with Sesshoumaru and then he would change his mind and break her heart. Or he would leave her for a demoness if one struck his fancy. He just couldn't trust him. Not with her. She was just too important to risk her being hurt by his cold, ruthless, vicious, murderous older half brother.
 
And so he sat, still trying to find some solution to his problem. He had no idea how long he had been gone. Not much light made it into the cave he currently occupied so he hadn't really been paying attention to night and day. He just sat and stared at the wall or his mother's things while thinking as hard as possible, which was interspersed with naps. Thinking can be tiring. He had no idea how long he had slept so he had no concept of time at all. And the approaching new moon had completely slipped his mind.
 
~
 
Once more Kagome had been carried into camp wrapped around an inu taiyoukai, earning her a rather hentai smirk from the monk and a raised eyebrow from Sango. She directed her demonic transportation to sit near the supplies and when he did so she merely leaned back and looked through things until she found what she was looking for. She pulled out a granola bar and a bag of trail mix, one that had chocolate in it. She was having a definite need for chocolate at the moment. When she had found her choice items for lunch she sat back up on him, loosening her legs and scooting back a bit so she had room to eat. Her choice of foodstuffs caught the interest of the children, causing her to retrieve some for each of them as well while watching silently as Shippo explained how to open the foil wrappers and what it was they were eating. Of course Shippo had a bit of a hard time saying granola, the word coming out more like `grayola' which had caused the miko to giggle and correct him gently.
 
Sesshoumaru merely sat holding Kagome close and watching his pups and Rin talking excitedly while trying the new foods. He was also keeping a close eye on the miko in his lap. She had this far away look in her eyes as she gazed at the children. `Kagome? Are you alright?'
 
`Huh? Oh, yeah. I was just thinking how cute they all are. You know, I feel guilty.'
 
`What do you have to feel guilt about?'
 
`They asked me to be their mother and I told them no but then the next day right in front of them I told Shippo he could call me Mama. I didn't even realize it at the time but I'm sure that hurt them.'
 
`Even if it did, they do not appear to care at the moment, do they?'
 
`I don't know. Do you think they still would want to? Call me Mama like Hisoka asked, I mean.'
 
`I am certain they do. They all love you.' He had been looking at the children again but his attention was drawn to her face at the scent of tears. She was crying. `Kagome, why do you cry?'
 
`I…I'm not sure. It's just…they love me. And I love them too.' She sniffled and wiped at her tears in an attempt to stop the unexpected flow of emotions but failing miserably as the tears continued to fall. She soon had the attention of everyone near her, all the children looking at her with worry in their eyes.
 
`It is your decision, of course, but this Sesshoumaru would approve of your being their mother if you wanted to. You can allow them to call you Mama just as the kit does if you wish.'
 
She looked at him in surprise before breaking down into rather violent sobs. “Oh, Sesshoumaru!” she buried her face in his neck, half looking for comfort and half in an attempt to hide from all the inquisitive eyes.
 
“Kagome? Are you alright?” Hisoka asked in a near whisper.
 
“Yes, Hisoka honey I'm fine. (sniffle) I don't really know why I'm crying.” She looked at him then, looking into his worried golden eyes. “And, if you still want to…you can…you can call me…(sniffle) Mama.” His precious little eyes widened as he looked from her to his father who only nodded.
 
“Really? Do you mean it? Does that mean Rin can call you Mama too?” Her voice was excited and hesitant at the same time.
 
“Yes, Rin. All of you.” It was only seconds before Kagome and Sesshoumaru were buried in children, all trying to hug her at once, causing her to laugh while tears still fell from her eyes. Eventually they decided if they actually wanted a hug they would have to take turns and the dog pile lifted from the miko who was still wrapped around the taiyoukai. Once she could move she shifted in Sesshoumaru's lap so her back was to his chest and opened her arms. Hisoka and Rin made it first and she held them both close to her. “I love you guys,” she whispered in their ears before kissing each on the cheek causing Rin to smile wider than ever and Hisoka to blush.
 
“Hey, no hogging Mama!” Yuudai and Isamu cried out together. Kagome giggled as she released her hold on Rin and Hisoka who pulled back reluctantly. If she hadn't been leaning against Sesshoumaru, Kagome would surely have fallen over backwards from the force the two youngest collided into her with. She held them tightly, still crying and laughing, before giving each a kiss and whispering her love. This was repeated with Hitoshi and Akihiro, and then Yoshi and Shin who went separately. They had been without a mother the longest and neither could contain the absolute joy and love that shone from them when she said she loved them. No one had ever said those words to any of them before, except for Rin perhaps, but this was special. It was amazing and wonderful and perfect. They all sat around her and their father, Shippo claiming a spot on the demon lord's shoulder, and chattered in their excitement, the air filled with their promises and plans.
 
Sango and Miroku were smiling at the happy scene before them while Jaken was trying to hide his surprise. Sure, Lord Sesshoumaru had told him that the young lords supported his desire to make Kagome his mate, and Rin had said while Kagome was still at the palace how she wished the miko could be her mother. But the little toad had not expected his Lord's sons to also wish to call the miko Mama. The fact that Kagome allowed it wasn't so much a surprise. She already played mother to the kit. It was more that Lord Sesshoumaru allowed it, even seemed to encourage it. It was definitely going to take him a while to get used to the changes in his lord. But it did have some upsides. He hadn't been kicked or stepped on or pegged in the head with a rock for days. Definitely a plus in his book.
 
After a while, when everyone had calmed some Kagome finally decided she should spend at least a little while today studying. Sesshoumaru, however, refused to cooperate by releasing her. He was still rather confused as to why she had been crying and she had still not been able to explain it. So instead she had one of the children retrieve one of her books and Hisoka curled up in her lap while she studied, falling asleep after a while. Shippo and the others had retreated to their drawing and coloring.
 
Sango had decided to take some time to practice with her Hiraikotsu and Miroku had followed after her, as he absolutely loved to watch her fight but never got a good chance during a real battle. Practice was still just as beautiful and awe-inspiring as he watched her in her slayer garb as she bent and stretched to throw and catch the giant boomerang. She was aiming at some dead looking trees, figuring they could use more firewood anyway. By the time she had finished the trees had been cut into manageable pieces and she and the monk started carrying the kindling back to their camp.
 
Darkness was finally the reason Kagome stopped studying. Well, she had looked like she was studying but she had spent at least half the time thinking. She was a few weeks shy of seventeen and she now had not one but nine children calling her Mama, and only one was human. If someone had told her she would play mother to the children of Lord Sesshoumaru when she had first met him she would have surely laughed in their face. It wasn't like she minded. She loved the boys and Rin just as she loved Shippo. And it wouldn't hurt anything for them to feel loved by a mother. Or at least it wouldn't hurt anything until her journey was over. Then it was up to fate, she figured, to choose where she would end up. As much as she loved her mother, brother, and gramps, she didn't feel at home in her time anymore. Sure, there were some things she would prefer not to give up, but if the choice was hot showers and tampons or her friends and new family, well it was a sacrifice she just might be willing to make. She hoped that the well would never close, that she could visit her family while staying here, but she had no way of knowing what would happen. And even if she did stay, she suddenly realized, she and Rin would grow old and die and the boys would stay young and live for hundreds of years. As that thought struck her she closed her book and started to cry once more.
 
“Kagome?” Sesshoumaru had felt the sadness well up inside her before he scented her tears. What in the world was going on with her today? She didn't cry like this. He was fairly certain that when she did cry there was most definitely a reason, usually his brother. But nothing had happened, so why was she so upset?
 
She shifted so she could see him, Hisoka merely readjusting himself to stay comfortable, never waking from his peaceful sleep. `Sesshoumaru. I just realized something. I can't believe I didn't think about it before. I should never have let them call me Mama. Shippo either. And you, you can't love me.'
 
He narrowed his eyes at her in confusion. `And why can this Sesshoumaru not love you? And why do you regret your decision?'
 
`I'm going to die, Sesshoumaru. I'm human. I'm going to get old and die. They will have to watch me wither away. And if you really love me, you're just going to end up hurt. You can't. You should find a demoness for you to love.' The tears continued to stream down her cheeks as she looked at him.
 
`This Sesshoumaru does not want a demoness. This Sesshoumaru has chosen and it is you that I want.' He watched as she shook her head and looked away. He gently turned her face back towards him. `Kagome, I would rather spend one human lifetime with you than never be with you at all t avoid the pain of loss. And I know they feel the same way. I will not stop loving you. Even if I wanted to I could not. You are the only one I will ever want, the only woman I will ever love. Now cease this foolishness. There is no reason for you to be thinking of your death. You are young and healthy. Besides, this Sesshoumaru has a feeling you will not be leaving this world for a very long time.'
 
`But how?'
 
`I do not know, but I do know that you were made for me and the Kamis are not so cruel as to send you to me and then take you away.'
 
She smiled then. `Made for you, huh? Whatever gave you that idea?'
 
`Besides the fact that my beast has been declaring so since I first laid eyes on you, that your scent is the only one to soothe us both, that my dead mother speaks to me of you from the other side, on top of all those things, there are a few more. The prophecy for one.'
 
Her eyes widened. `So you think so too?'
 
He looked a bit surprised for a moment before answering. `That this Sesshoumaru is the fourth, just as mother said? That I am Sakimitama, destined for you? Yes, I think so too. When did you…'
 
`Right around the time you were breaking your brother's jaw.'
 
He nodded. `The slayer? Akihiro has assured me in more ways than one that you and I are meant to be together.'
 
`How…' He silenced her with a kiss, gently sucking on her pouty bottom lip before moving along her jaw to her throat.
 
`You will find out soon enough. You are extremely tired. Are you not feeling well?'
 
`I don't know. I'm just feeling kinda off I guess. And emotional. I don't usually cry like this.'
 
Sesshoumaru called for Yoshi who picked up the sleeping Hisoka before Sesshoumaru lifted Kagome in his arm and carried her to her spread out sleeping bag. He set her down gently before smoothing her hair from her face and kissing her gently. “Sleep, Kagome. I will get the children ready for bed.” She merely nodded before curling on her side and drifting off. Yoshi carefully laid his brother at her side and the little boy curled into her, as if searching for her comforting warmth. One by on the rest of the children joined her and soon she was once again surrounded by little bodies, all desiring to be close to the woman they loved. Sesshoumaru watched from his place at the base of the closest tree after having spoken briefly with Jaken and sending him off with the responses he had written the previous night.
 
 
 
Author's Notes - Sorry about the weekend. Saturday was a lot of fun though. Destiny painted two pumpkins, got her face painted, petted all kinds of animals, and got to play on a couple of those big inflatable things. Of course no one was supervising their children on them and no one from the company was even around. A kid who was too big to even be on the big slide thingie nearly landed on Destiny (she's only four). It drives me crazy when parents don't pay attention to your kids. There was a little girl; probably no more than one all alone in the big bouncy castle with a whole bunch of bigger kids who kept knocking her down and there was no mom in sight. My husband watched another woman walk away from her baby in a stroller, just leaving it alone. Someone could have kidnapped that kid in a second. Scares the crap out of me. I just don't get it, how parents don't keep a better eye on their kids with all the scary stories on the news all the time. Anyway, that's my off topic rant for the day.
 
And now for reviewer responses - First off, Yes, Kagome was quite pissy in the last chapter and this one. Don't worry, there is always a plan and I do everything for a reason! And the next chapter is the first lime!
 
And Happy Halloween to everyone just in case I don't post tomorrow!
 
 
Ivy - I don't think I have ever seen a review as long as yours. Very well thought out I must say. Thanks so much for the compliments. I'm glad you're enjoying the story. Don't worry, Inuyasha will definitely find some happiness in the story at some point. I'm honored that someone with a literature masters degree likes what I'm writing. Makes me feel quite special. Thanks for taking the time to make me smile!
 
Syoze - the scroll is hidden somewhere on a shelf but Akihiro was the one mentioned with it so he's probably the one meant to find it. It's about a human child, yes, Rin. Thanks for the review! Lime next chapter. Lemons are still a ways away.
 
Mutnodjmet - I try my best but me and grammar aren't the best of friends. I know, grammar and I. Commas are my worst fault by far though. I over comma like nothing else. Glad you're enjoying it despite my quirks!
 
Lester - No problem. I'm always here to clear things up, unless it was supposed to be confusing of course.
 
Arryelle - You're email notifications have been bouncing back to me. Is there something wrong with your email? Let me know if I need to change your address in the list. Lime next chapter. Still so nervous!
 
Chaos - Inuyasha is still in hiding. It's only been two days really (I actually have a calendar that I keep track of everything on so I don't get confused. We're on about story day 21 I think, if anyone's interested.) There is a reason he is gone and I'm currently writing the part where he rejoins the group. You'll see, I promise. I am sure it will be going on well past your birthday. Remind me right before and I'll double chapter ya if I can. I'm on 47 now and it looks like this story is never going to end.
 
Kagome-Chan - I'm a bad bad reader. I don't usually review because I save chapters to the computer and then jumpdrive them over to my laptop so I can read them wherever. No internet on the lap top at the moment. So I usually have forgotten anything I would have wanted to say in a review by the time I get online again. I would get like 25 different stories with all the chapters and then not go back for a week or more. You're name looked familiar so I checked and I was right. I read Crazy is like crazy do (I think I got that right) along with something else. Can't remember at the moment. If I find the time I'll reread so I can write a real review, you know with thought. If I wrote one now it wouldn't be any good, I'm sure. Sorry. I hope you understand. And once I started writing and posting I haven't read anything at all, too busy! Now, though, I definitely know the value and fun of reviews. If I ever go back to reading I'll have to make sure to review everything I read.
 
Moonlitmarauder - It takes a while for the system to update so it shows the link to the new chapters. That's why I send out the emails with links. It sometimes takes a couple hours. Yes, the whole chapter goes in the box. We have so many crafts left to do I know I'm not gonna get them all done. Oh well, they'll keep til next year. The cupcake idea is cute. Sorry you're missing out on Halloween. That sucks big time. Glad you're enjoying the story!
 
Not needed - How was the party?
 
Jean - Don't lecture the poor girl too hard. I'm sure you'll understand soon enough. Every girl has the right to be pissy sometimes, right?
 
Kawaii kilala - I hope you're having tons of fun! Purple butt in the air sounds too cute! I miss when Destiny was littler and didn't have the attitude of a teenager. Can't complain too much being as she gets it from me!
 
Ginrei - Don't feel bad. I have five to do and I haven't started yet. I better get on with it tonight! I spent all Friday night working on my haori I made for my Halloween constume. And now that I know how I've got four kimono ready to be sewn too, two for me and two for the little one. So easy to make! I never imagined they would be so simple. Glad to make you giggle!
 
Ceira - Yep, Inuyasha is still pouting in his cave.
 
Deviousauthoress - I hope you made it through the weekend without too much withdrawal!
 
Monk-miko - Yep, the message from Sessy's mama and the scroll are important. And the villager was just too much fun. It was like a hojo scene in the wrong era! Poor Inuyasha won't be neglected forever. He's only been gone for like 2 days anyway. It just seems like forever when one day spans like seven chapters!
 
Mertmidnightangel - Glad you gave it a chance. It's gonna be way more than thirty chapters, I can promise you that!
 
Okay, and thanks to everyone I didn't mention by name! Now I'm gonna go plan my pumpkins and get messy!