InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ She Who the Prophecy Foretold ❯ Confessions of a Beast ( Chapter 50 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 50 - Confessions of a Beast
 
 
 
Chapter Fifty Milestone Party!
 
Quick Author's note here:
 
I want to say Happy Belated Birthday to Chaos Queen and Kawaii Kilala! Sorry I didn't get to double chapter you but I hope your birthdays were great!
 
Something is revealed in this chapter that I don't know if you all will pick up on right away. Prize goes to whoever puts their correct guess in a review first. (put in the time too since this posts on two sites at the same time) Now I don't have any idea what the prize is. Maybe I'll let you put in a request for something to happen in the story. Maybe I'll send you a couple of chapters in advance, something fun.
 
I'll be surprised if no one notices because I know a lot of you follow closely and pay great attention to detail. But if no one gets it I'll tell you.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Sango let out a frustrated sigh. `Do you think he got it?'
 
`I believe you have definitely given him something to think about. He will figure it out soon enough, I'm sure of it.'
 
`I don't know how to thank you, Kirara, for everything. You've kept me company, fought at my side, protected me, and now you've helped me to understand the man I love. What would I do without you?'
 
`You will never have to find out. I will always be with you.'
 
A huge smile broke out on the slayer's face. `I hope so. I was thinking I needed to get some more practice in. It's been a long time since we've been in a fight. Would you practice with me? I want to work on throwing and catching from the air.'
 
`Of course. I was getting rather bored anyway.' With a giggle and a meow the two set off for an open area before Kirara transformed and Sango climbed on. Within seconds they were in the air and the last slayer was practicing her trade once more.
 
~
 
`Master Inuyasha! I've found you! Finally!' the tiny flea thought silently. He wasn't about to announce his presence, at least not until he got a drink. It had been a long trip!
 
Inuyasha was sitting high in the branches of a tree overlooking the camp site, keeping an eye on the children as they practiced. He had heard the conversation between Sango and Miroku and he was nearly as confused as the monk. Sure, Kagome had told him that they had feelings for each other but he hadn't really seen it. The things Sango said made sense but what confused him was why she was telling Miroku that. And then there was her last question, the one he didn't get to answer. What in the hell did that mean? What did she think the monk was holding back? He flirted all the fucking time, not holding back any words there! And his hands were always wandering, not stopping himself from doing what he wanted! So what did she mean?
 
Shaking his head he tried to clear his mind. He didn't get it and he wasn't going to so why bother? He relaxed against the trunk of the tree, stretching out on the branch he had claimed as his own, having decided to take a nap. He was almost asleep when he felt a familiar tiny pinch. His hand went automatically to slap his neck, coming back with a rather flattened little flea. “Well if it isn't Myouga. Haven't seen you in a while. Where've you been hiding?”
 
“Oh, here and there. But there is a reason I've come, Master Inuyasha. Where is your lovely miko? I must speak with her.”
 
“She ain't available at the moment. Can you feel that barrier over there?” he asked while pointing a clawed fingertip towards the shield his brother had erected, successfully blocking the mark. He had never felt the mark cut before and it took him a while to realize what happened. The tiny demon nodded. “Apparently they needed some privacy,” Inuyasha said with a smirk.
 
Myouga's eyes widened. “Th… they? Who is with Lady Kagome?”
 
The hanyou chuckled at the little demon who had been his only companion for much of his life before he was sealed. “So you haven't heard? The ice lord ain't so cold afterall.”
 
“Do you mean to say that Lord Sesshoumaru is with Lady Kagome behind the barrier?”
 
“That's what I'm sayin'.”
 
“And you're okay with this?” He was shocked. Inuyasha wasn't waving his sword around and trying to bring down the barrier and get to Kagome. He didn't even seem upset that the miko was alone with his half-brother who he had hated and resented for years.
 
“I learned a few things last night. Somehow Kagome managed to show me Sesshoumaru's memories. Why didn't you tell me the truth? Before I met Kikyo I mean. Why didn't you tell me he watched over me? Or why he had sent us away when father died? I hated him for so long and it was all based on lies.”
 
“You and your brother are getting along then?” He watched as the hanyou nodded, his furry ears flicking side to side as he scanned the area. “Lord Sesshoumaru didn't want me to tell you. He figured that the less you knew the better and he was willing to sacrifice his relationship with you to keep you safe. By the time he was ready to bring you home Kikyo had filled your mind with lies and you refused to listen.”
 
“Yeah, I wish Kikyo hadn't lied to me. Kagome said it was probably because she was afraid I would leave her to go home with him but I would never have deserted her. She didn't need to say such horrible things.”
 
“The past is the past Master Inuyasha. Her reasons no longer matter. What was said was said, why is irrelevant. Tell me, what is going on between Lord Sesshoumaru and Lady Kagome?”
 
“At this very second I'm not sure I would wanna know. He wants to make her his mate.”
 
“So it is true then? Has Kagome said yes yet?”
 
“Hasn't asked her yet but she said she was pretty sure she felt the same way as he does. And my mother called him her Sakimitama in a vision-dream-kind of thing. Her mother just told her about the prophecy about Kagome and her mission.”
 
“I am aware of the prophecy. So she returns his feelings? It really has happened. Misaki's dream has come true, just like she said it would.” The little flea was mostly talking to himself as he stared off into the distance for a moment, remembering all she had told him and what he now had to do.
 
“Misaki?”
 
“Lord Sesshoumaru's mother. She had a dream; a priestess spoke to her and told her of her son's destiny. She told us all that he would fall in love with a beautiful human miko and though he would fight it he would eventually make her his mate. That among other things. I have a message for Lady Kagome. I must speak with her as soon as possible.”
 
“You're gonna have to wait. She'll come back to camp soon enough. What's so important anyway?”
 
“It is a secret message from Misaki. I can tell only Kagome and it will then be her decision if she shares with the others.” Inuyasha grunted his offense at being left out and Myouga jumped from the palm of the hanyou's hand in search of his next snack.
 
~
 
It was already beginning to happen. He could feel it, even though the distance between them was great. His little girl was changing, growing stronger and slowly beginning the first stages of her transformation. Though it would not be complete for some time it was good to know that she was following the right path. Her Sakimitama was with her, helping her, changing her, and she had begun to rejoin the shards of the jewel with herself. She would be on her way to him soon enough. He couldn't wait to lay eyes on the beautiful woman he was sure that his little girl had grown into. `She has to be beautiful,' he thought to himself. `She looked so much like her mother the last time I saw her and if she has taken even the smallest bit after Hiromi as she changed from child to young lady she is certain to be gorgeous.' His heart swelled with pride that he had helped to create such a strong spirit, such a determined soul, one with such great power. His daughter would be the one to save the world.
 
Opening a box on the low table in front of him he lifted the object he had been protecting for her for all these years. Setting it carefully to the side he moved a small swatch of silk that the item had rested on to reveal an old, faded, and wrinkled photograph. His heart clenched as he looked at it once again, just as he had hundreds of times before. There in the photo was the family he left behind. Hiromi stood with her father on one side and himself on the other, his beautiful little Kagome, only seven years old stood in front of them, and his tiny son, just a few weeks old, was held carefully in his arms. This was the only thing he had brought with him from the future. He probably shouldn't have even brought it but he couldn't leave without something to hold close to his heart on the loneliest nights. That's why the photo was kept just as hidden as the item he held for Kagome. If anyone were to find the photo they would begin to suspect that he was not quite as he appeared, and he could not risk it. He played his part well and no one questioned it. That would most likely change, however, when an entourage of demons with purifying powers, a monk and a demon slayer, and two mikos arrived. He fought to keep the smile from his face but lost. He had felt her powers awaken earlier today. The little girl had ended up just where she was meant to. He wondered if anyone suspected yet who little Rin really was.
 
~
 
Kagura was returning to her master, though grudgingly. She had felt the tugging of his call and had been trying to ignore it but the longer she did the more it hurt. If he kept it up she was sure to die so she gave up her position guarding the west and headed south. It would be alright though. She had watched as the army presence and palace guards had doubled shortly after the little toad that followed Sesshoumaru had been at the Palace Moon. She was certain that they could and would effectively take care of any saimyosho so she wasn't really needed there anymore. She hoped against hope that he hadn't discovered her treachery. If even one poison insect spy had escaped her and reported back she was done for. She really didn't want to die.
 
She hoped that Kohaku had managed okay on his own. The boy was most likely her only chance for the miko and her group to believe her when she attempted to help them. Without him to convince his sister they would always be suspicious. And the boy had suffered enough. A short time after he had regained his memory and had confided in her he had told her all he remembered, everything he had been forced to do under Naraku's control. He had killed his people, his family, his father. He had even tried to kill his sister, and not just the once. He had kidnapped Rin, the little girl who traveled with the demon lord, and even thought he had tried to kill Kagome, she protected his life when Sesshoumaru had intended to kill him. Kohaku had been through so much, so much more than anyone deserved. Kagura suddenly realized that she wanted to free him from Naraku even more than she wished to free herself. She had only ever cared about Kanna and to discover how strongly she felt for the human boy only added to her determination. She would save him, she would save herself, she would help the miko and the western lord defeat her master. No matter how hard it was she would find a way.
 
~
 
“Well that was… different,” Kagome said with a grin. She leaned back in Sesshoumaru's lap until her hands landed on the ground behind her and her arms held her up. Her back was arched, her shirt riding up to bare her midriff to the demon lord who was gazing at her rather heatedly, the angle she had placed herself in not only pressing her tightly into him once more but also causing her breasts to stand out while her softly muscled stomach dipped in. She arched more as she stretched, letting out a moan at the feel of her tight muscles pulling and then relaxing.
 
“Do you realize how incredible tempting you are right now?” he said in the same deep and erotic voice that he had used earlier.
 
She tilted her head back all the way, showing off the milky white length of her delicate neck, the tips of her midnight black hair brushing the ground beneath her. When she tilted her head back up she smirked at him. His eyes were more red than gold now and his breath was once more coming out in pants. “Really? I had no idea.” The playful tone in her voice and the glint in her eye were teasing him, almost as much as the way she looked.
 
In what seemed like less than a second she was laying fully on her back with a demon lord licking and nibbling at her stomach while kneeling between her legs. “This Sesshoumaru suspects you are lying to me. Do you enjoy teasing me, Kagome?”
 
She buried her fingers in his hair as she spoke. “Perhaps. This Kagome rather enjoys that desperate look in your eyes.” She was teasing him once more as she did her best monotone impression of the taiyoukai himself.
 
He pushed her shirt up over her breasts but was rather disappointed to find them further hidden by an interesting bit of fabric. He had to admit that it was incredibly sexy the way the red lace made them look like a carefully wrapped gift that he was looking forward to opening, if only he could figure out how! He growled at the offending bit of lingerie as he inspected it. Giving up he leaned down and began kissing every inch of breast that wasn't covered before lifting the fabric binding up over the luscious and tantalizing mounds he so wished to see and taste.
 
She giggled at his reaction to her bra but the sound transformed into a throaty moan as he sucked a nipple into his mouth. “Sessh…ohhh. Sesshou…maru,” she gasped out. He looked up into her eyes but did not cease suckling the nipple that had nearly eluded him. “If… if you move… for a second… I'll… I'll take it off.” He growled at her, the vibration sending shivers through her body, before he released the now very erect peak, only to slide his tongue across it several more times. When he finally pulled back he watched with thinly veiled interest as she lifted herself and reached around her back with both arms. In a few seconds the red lacy thing loosened. His attention was definitely held tight as she lifted her shirt over her head and slid the straps off her shoulders to fully remove the bra as well. He smirked as she lay back down, pulling at his hair as she did to bring him with her.
 
“Absolutely beautiful,” he murmured while kissing between her breasts before dragging his tongue around one peak in a spiral, getting closer and closer before he pulled the dusky pink tip into his mouth once more. He made sure to pay each perfect mounds equal attention. Couldn't have one getting jealous of the other after all.
 
Kagome closed her eyes and concentrated for a moment before moving her right hand to her abdomen, pulling it from the left to the right and leaving four shallow cuts behind. He was instantly on them, lapping at the slowly bleeding wounds while looking into her eyes. She watched with interest as the red bled more and more into his usually golden orbs. He knew she had done it on purpose. While he wasn't sure why, he knew she was testing his control, trying to draw out the beast. Her stomach tingled as she felt the wounds closing under his careful attentions. When he lifted his head, having captured every drop, she put a hand on each of his cheeks and pulled him into a breathtaking kiss. When her eyes opened again she saw nothing but red.
 
~
 
He'd had enough. He could just barely muster a glow and it was beginning to get frustrating. Shinji let out a sigh before rising to his feet. “I'm gonna go train for a while. I'm getting a headache.”
 
“Oh, can we come with you? We're bored. This is too hard,” Yuudai said for both himself and his twin.
 
“Why don't we all go? We could use a break and we've been sitting still for so long that my legs and going numb.” The others all nodded their agreement with Yoshi's statement.
 
“Rin, why don't you bring Kazue and join us? I'm gonna practice my fox magic. I can show you some of my tricks!” The little girl's eyes lit up and she smiled brightly at her newest brother, Shippo.
 
“That sounds like fun! Okay!” Rin jumped to her feet and skipped over to where Kazue lay and scooped the tiny puppy up.
 
Inuyasha dropped from his tree, having given up on a nap after his conversation with the flea. He was actually rather interested in the training the boys were doing. He had never been trained really, since his father died when he was still young. Of course, they were young too but that was just like Sesshoumaru. He had started their training early so they could better defend themselves. If only his father had done the same then maybe he and his mother could have stayed with his brother. He walked after the children and sat between the groups, the pups gathered in one area to his right and Rin, Shippo and Kazue to his left. He was rather impressed. They were good; fast and smooth, each movement making its full impact, no motion wasted. He began to wonder if Sesshoumaru trained them himself or if servants did it. If he did, then maybe he would be willing to work with him as well. Sure, he fought well enough. He managed to kill the bad guy alright but he when he saw Sesshoumaru fight it looked elegant, like a bloody dance. He was certain that there were quite a few things for him to learn. He had rarely seen his brother break a sweat, let alone show any signs of exhaustion, meanwhile there were times where he was certain he was going to pass out if he didn't kill the enemy immediately. Plus, now that he had access to his full demon powers he wondered if he would be able to do some of the things that he had always been jealous of like the cloud and the whip. Would he have poison? Now he was really intrigued. He had two new things to practice with, his full demon power and the miko powers from Kagome.
 
Kazue lay still beside the little girl as she thought. The similarities between Kagome and Rin had been baffling before but to discover that the little girl also held miko powers was just too much to be brushed off as coincidence. There was definitely some connection and she was sure it would come out in the future. All she had to do was sit back and wait.
 
Shippo was having the time of his life. He loved practicing his tricks and Kagome always humored him and watched no matter how many times she had seen them but her enthusiasm wasn't what it was the first time she saw each trick. But Rin, she was clapping and squealing and watching with absolute awe which definitely made the little fox happy. He practiced transforming into a little pony, a bird, his big pink balloon form, and her absolute favorite, Kagome. He still had the tail but otherwise it was flawless and Rin cheered, drawing the attention of the pups who looked at him rather oddly. They couldn't see the tail from where they were standing so they didn't realize that it was Shippo. They could see her but the mark was still blocked. Very confusing.
 
Hisoka moved closer, his little nose twitching. “Mama?” he asked slowly. No, he was sure that wasn't his Mama. As he breathed in a little deeper it hit him. “Shippo?” The others looked at him incredulously. Shippo merely turned to the side and wiggled his tail before popping back into his normal form.
 
“Wow! That was really good! Who else can you do?” Hitoshi asked.
 
Shippo furrowed his little brow for a moment before concentrating and touching a leaf to his forehead. In a puff of smoke he transformed once more, and as the smoke cleared they were all in awe. There stood their father, at his full imposing height and looking just as perfect and deadly as ever, well all except the tail.
 
“That's amazing Shippo! That could really come in handy,” Yoshi said.
 
Shippo popped back to normal. “Really? How?”
 
“Well, during a fight you could distract an attacker while someone else got Mama to safety,” Shin explained.
 
“Or to set a trap for a demon,” Hitoshi added.
 
“Or if you ever end up alone…”
 
“… and you sense someone coming…”
 
“…you could transform into father…”
 
“…and they would be sure to leave you alone!” Yuudai and Isamu cried out in their excitement, taking turns as they so often did.
 
“I never thought of that. I only used it to tease Inuyasha.”
 
“Watch it, runt,” Inuyasha threatened from where he sat. The boys were right. That trick could be put to their advantage if planned right. He would have to make sure to have Shippo show Sesshoumaru what he could do.
 
Shippo merely blew a raspberry at the hanyou who glowered at him in response. Then the fox went on to show off his fox fire, his weeping mushrooms, his acorns that pelted and nearly buried their target, and his smashing top. He saved his favorite for last as he produced a group of Shippo clones that hopped around the very surprised boys.
 
“I wish we could use magic!” Yuudai whined.
 
“It looks so fun!” Isamu whined along with him.
 
“Kitsune are very good at their tricks because they are generally small and cannot fight against large demons. Their tricks are their attacks so that they can distract attackers and escape. We do not need magic, even though it is very impressive, as we will grow tall and strong like father.” Akihiro loved it when he could use some of the knowledge he had amassed in all his hours and hours of reading.
 
“Yeah, I wish I could learn to fight like you guys do,” Shippo admitted. “The tricks are fun but they really don't do much good to protect Mama.”
 
“Maybe father will allow you to train with us. I'm sure he could teach you a lot of things,” Hisoka quietly suggested.
 
“You really think so?” Shippo asked with excitement. He watched as the other boys all nodded their agreement. “That would be awesome!”
 
No one heard as Inuyasha chuckled quietly. Sure, the runt was annoying but it was good to see him happy and with friends. He knew what it was like to be an orphan which was why he let Kagome bring the kit along in the first place. But Shippo got lucky. He got a new mother and father, brothers, and a sister. The kit would never be lonely again. He smiled then. He would never be alone again either. Kagome had made sure of that. He owed her so much. She had given him friends and a new pack, she accepted him completely just as he is, she had given him back his brother, and in doing so gave him a mess of nephews. She had changed his entire life for the better and he loved her for it. Thank Kami his brother didn't intend to whisk her away from him. He wasn't sure he could survive without her.
 
~
 
“I knew I was right,” he said softly, his voice a bit darker and more gravelly. “I knew you were it.” He licked her cheek slowly and then repeated on the other side. “So perfect. Made for us.” He watched as Kagome smiled at him. “He's afraid. He's afraid to ask you, afraid you might say no.”
 
Sesshoumaru was locked inside as his beast spoke to her. `What is wrong with you? Do you want her to see us as weak?' The beast ignored him completely.
 
“Ashamed he didn't protect you. Thinks he doesn't deserve you.”
 
`You are ruining any chance for her to be our mate! If she sees us as weak, as a poor protector she will choose another!'
 
“Terrified of his life without you.”
 
`This Sesshoumaru orders you to stop this! Release your hold on control!'
 
“But you wouldn't say no, would you?”
 
`Calm yourself and listen!' the beast yelled back inside their head. `Listen to her!'
 
Kagome was surprised to hear the beast's words. Sesshoumaru was afraid? It wasn't his fault she got hurt. He shouldn't be blaming himself! “I'm the one that doesn't deserve him or you. What happened was meant to happen so I could be told about the shards. It doesn't mean he didn't protect me. Being here with you, it's the safest place in the world. He doesn't need to be afraid.”
 
Inside their head Sesshoumaru fell silent.
 
`See? She will not tell us no. She believes she is not good enough for us! You must convince her she is deserving of our love.'
 
The demon lord's blood beast rested his head carefully between her breasts, kissing lightly at any and all skin he could reach. She ran her hands through his hair as he purred against her. In his opinion he had been cruelly denied time with her. He spent just minutes with her after the incident with the wolf and even less when trying to save her life. All he really wanted was to bask in her presence the way Sesshoumaru did. And so he lay still as she caressed him, growling softly and breathing her in. She was so perfect. Everything they could ever want or need. After a few minutes the beast finally relaxed fully and fell back into their mind, allowing Sesshoumaru to regain control once more. He wasn't sure what to say to her. His beast had revealed his innermost secret fears and yet she had not turned away from him. “Kagome,” he whispered.
 
“Hmm?” she murmured, absolutely content to stay where she was forever.
 
“You are more than deserving of this Sesshoumaru.” He looked up into her eyes, allowing her to see the gold once more. “No one else would ever do. You are the only one I want, the only one I need.” She smiled down at him as he nuzzled his nose into the side of her breast. “Absolute perfection.”
 
She sighed softly. While it was wonderful to hear she still wasn't sure. She was just a human miko, nothing special. Rather plain looking even. And he was gorgeous, like a statue of a Greek god carved from marble. How could she possibly deserve such masculine beauty? Such strength and power? Such devotion? She didn't. She was sure of it.
 
He could tell what she was thinking just by watching her face. Her eyes betrayed what she tried to hide, and the mark didn't help much either. “Kagome, do not question yourself. There is no one on this earth that was made for me like you are. I will never want another. Inu mate for life. I mate for eternity.” He crawled slowly up her body until he could kiss her softly. “My very soul belongs to you.” She nodded slowly and they stayed that way, nose to nose, lips to lips as he held most of his weight off her body with his one arm. After several more tender kisses he pulled away and rose, pulling her along with him. “I am in need of a bath. Would you care to join me?” Looking up she could see the smile dancing in his eyes.
 
“I suppose you are. And some new pants too. Sure, why not. Let me go back to camp and get my things and I'll bring you some clean clothes too.”
 
“You cannot return alone. You do not even have your bow.”
 
“And you can walk into camp with me like you are now?” She watched as realization dawned in his eyes. His brother would never let him hear the end of it.
 
“I will take you close and wait for you.”
 
“I suppose that'll work.” He watched as she redressed, very interested in how she secured the strange but sexy breast binding. He was determined to figure it out. He would master that bit of fabric, not matter how many times he had to take it off her to learn. Once she had thrown her shirt on they turned and started back towards camp and their pack.
 
 
Author's Note:
 
I'm still sick but I managed two write almost two whole chapter, about a chapter and 7/8th s, and I looked this one over and checked for errors and stuff. I feel guilty not writing my reviewer responses, because that's one of my favorite parts! I missed all of you! (I know, kinda scary, huh?) Anyway, I hope you enjoy the latest installment. The next should come in a few more days if I don't die. (I'm fairly certain I won't but you never know!)