InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ She Who the Prophecy Foretold ❯ A Surprise for Mama ( Chapter 51 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 51 - A Surprise for Mama
 
Author's Note: Wow! I got tons of guesses. It's funny though. Only one person correctly noted the thing I was talking about and it just so happened to also be the first person to review the chapter!
 
G said - Well, I'm not sure if either is what you were talking about or not, but it was confirmed that the Misaki that Gramps was talking about back in Chapter 2 was in fact Sesshoumaru's Mother.
 
Ding Ding Ding! Correct. The story that Gramps tried to tell Kagome in chapter 2 that she failed to listen to is about Misaki, Sesshoumaru's mother. You may want to go back and reread that section. Now we have to wait for Myouga to tell Kagome Misaki's message.
 
~
 
They walked together until they were close enough to camp that she could find it without any trouble and he scanned the area carefully to ensure there was nothing sneaking around that might attack her. He also made sure that he stayed far enough away and that the wind was heading away from camp, carrying his scent away from them rather than towards. Sure, it was a lot of trouble but it was worth it. `Just great. Now I sound like the monk!'
 
`This Sesshoumaru believes the monk has the right idea. Even if she smacked you every time you touched her, wouldn't that few seconds of contact be worth it?'
 
`You have a point. But this Sesshoumaru is still rather angry at you. Even though she did not turn away she did not need to know my weaknesses.'
 
`That is what mates are for. She will never turn away from us. She will not judge us. If she is not the one to share with then who is?'
 
`I am beginning to get rather tired of you always being right.'
 
`I guess it's a good thing I'm here then. When are you going to ask her?'
 
`I intend to ask her mother and grandfather for their permission first. I will only be doing this once and I intend to do it right. She deserves nothing less.'
 
~
 
As Kagome walked into camp she was surprised to find it nearly empty. The only ones who remained were Jaken, Ah Un, and Miroku. “Where is everyone?” Kagome asked as she dug through her things for clean clothes and her bathing supplies.
 
Miroku looked up from where he had been sitting, staring at his hands as he thought. “The children are in the field training. I believe Inuyasha followed them. I don't know where Sango and Kirara went. Kagome? Can I talk to you?”
 
“Is it going to take long or is it a quick question?”
 
“I'm not sure. I am terribly confused. Sango said the strangest things to me earlier and I'm not sure what to make of it.”
 
“I'm going for a bath before it gets dark but we can take a walk or something when I get back. Is that okay?”
 
Miroku looked slightly disappointed but nodded his head. “Thank you Lady Kagome. I very much appreciate your help.”
 
Jaken had been watching the miko since she entered the clearing without his lord. When she walked over to the supplies that Lord Sesshoumaru and the children brought he had to know. “Lady Kagome? Where is my Lord Sesshoumaru?”
 
Kagome turned and smirked at him. “Your Lord Sesshoumaru is near. Hey, would ya help me out here for a second?” The little toad nodded. He wanted to make her tell him but he remembered what the demon lord had said. She was to be treated with the same respect as he showed to the taiyoukai himself, and Lord Sesshoumaru would never stand for an interrogation. She leaned down closer before whispering so the monk wouldn't get any ideas. If she had known how lost in his own thoughts he was she wouldn't have bothered. “I need a clean set of clothes for Sesshoumaru.” She giggled as his yellow eyes widened in shock. “Oh, calm down. I'm gonna wash his hair for him. You know that's hard for him to do. Do you really want him to put dirty clothes back on after his bath?” Jaken snapped back to reality and shook his head rapidly. “Good. Then get me new clothes.” The little green demon toddled his way over to the various bags and within seconds had produced another identical outfit. “Is this all he ever wears?”
 
“This is what my Lord wears when outside the palace. It bears the traditional patterns of the Western Lord.”
 
“So that's why the boys all have the same pattern but in different colors?” He nodded. “Thanks Jaken. Gotta run!”
 
He watched as she dashed out of the clearing, not necessarily towards the spring but exactly where she had entered from. She had carried the strangest scent. Being a toad his sense of smell was nowhere near as well developed as an inu but he had noticed it nonetheless. She was covered in his lord's scent but there was an odd touch to it, and hers was much stronger than usual. Shaking his head once again he muttered to himself, “This Jaken doesn't want to know.”
 
~
 
He smirked as she came towards him full tilt. “In a hurry are we Kagome?”
 
She slid to a stop, panting and causing her chest to heave beautifully. “Jaken was making the strangest faces at me. He was rather suspicious as to why I needed new clothes for you. Told him I was gonna wash your hair.”
 
He took in a deep pull of her scent. “He most likely noticed the scent you carry.” She lifted an eyebrow at him. “You are covered in my scent and the scent of our earlier activities. It suits you well.”
 
“Oh I bet. Of course you would like it when I smell like you and sex!” He merely smirked wider. “Quit it and come on. It's gonna be getting dark soon and I would like to have dinner with the kids once I wash this scent off me.” She began to walk and he reached out, taking hold of her elbow and changing her direction before walking alongside her.
 
“Do you not wish to carry the scent of this Sesshoumaru?” There was an odd pain in his chest at the thought of her washing his scent away.
 
“That's not it. I just don't need everyone looking at me and wondering what we did, especially the children!”
 
“They would not be able to identify the scent if they detected it. They have never encountered the scent of arousal and…” he paused for emphasis, “…intimate activities. But the fire cat, Kazue, Ah Un, and my little brother would know.”
 
“That's reason enough for me.”
 
“And are you going to insist on bathing after every encounter?” He sounded rather upset and she stopped and turned him to look into his eyes.
 
“Are you alright? You sound funny.”
 
“Do you wish to hide our time together from the hanyou?”
 
“For the moment. I just don't want to deal with it. You saw how he reacted when you kissed me. I really don't want to see what he would say if he thought we had sex!”
 
“You are the one who initiated.”
 
“Yeah, and you're the one who loved it. No, I'm not embarrassed by what we did. No, I don't want to hide our time together. I'm just not ready for outside commentary.” She noticed that he refused to meet her eyes, so she reached out and cupped his cheek, turning him to look at her. “What are you thinking? Sesshoumaru, tell me. Why does this bother you so much?”
 
“If you were to become my mate my scent would be impossible to wash away. It is a part of the bond that is formed. Our scents would be permanently mixed.”
 
“Alllriiighhht. I don't get what that has to do with you being upset that I want a bath? You're the one that asked me to come along.”
 
He looked down into her eyes, seeing her genuine concern. He wasn't sure why he was suddenly feeling so insecure but her words had touched a nerve. He wrapped his arm around her back and pulled her close. “It is not the bath that bothers me. This Sesshoumaru is unsure as to why, but your desire to wash away the scent of our combined passion… it…” He was not used to being at a loss for words but he was. He had no idea how to finish his statement.
 
“I carry your scent with pride, just as I bear your mark. I'm just not used to this whole thing. Before the spring I'd never been touched like that. I… I'm not embarrassed… I'm not trying to hide it… I… I guess I'm just not ready for everyone to know.”
 
He nodded slowly. “I suppose I can understand your modesty. Come, I would like to get in the spring. I am rather uncomfortable.”
 
He watched as a smile slowly spread across her face. “I'm not surprised.” He released her waist and they began to walk once more. “I probably shouldn't have done that to you. I'm sorry.”
 
“Do not be sorry Kagome. It was well worth the minor discomfort, though I do not wish for you to feel pressured to reciprocate my attentions. We will move at your pace.”
 
“I appreciate that but doesn't it get frustrating? I mean, you've been with women, at least three different ones that I know of, though I'm sure there are many more. And you're expected to wait for me? Until I'm ready? I just… I don't know.”
 
“The demonesses who carried my sons were the last to grace my bed and that was strictly for heirs. Yes, there have been others but never did any of them mean anything more than a release. You are the first I have ever desired to kiss. You are the first to receive my intimate attentions in such a way, the first I ever desired to taste, and you will be the last.”
 
Her eyes widened. “The first you ever… you know?”
 
“Yes, the first and only.”
 
“Well damn! You did an excellent job for a beginner then!” She giggled slightly as he allowed a few chuckles to escape him.
 
“I am pleased to have brought you pleasure in such a way. And I will always be willing to give a repeat performance. All you need to do is ask.”
 
She glared at him playfully. “You're a bad influence, you know that?”
 
“This Sesshoumaru is honored to be the one to corrupt such a pure priestess as yourself.”
 
“Uh huh. And I have this sneaking suspicion that you will be honored to be the one to ensure I'm no longer pure, right?”
 
“When the time is right, Kagome, I will definitely be so honored,” he murmured in his deep sexy voice with his lips against her ear.
 
~
 
The boys had returned to their training after their short chat with Shippo. It had been quite a while now and they were getting tired and hungry. It was when Yoshi had heard a stomach growl for the tenth time in the last two minutes that he finally decided it was time to call it quits for the day. “Okay guys, I think we should head back to camp. We're all hungry and tired.”
 
“Yoshi? I have an idea,” Hisoka said rather softly.
 
“What is it?”
 
“Well, Mama really seemed to like it when we and father returned with meat. Do you think maybe we could go on a quick hunt and get some for her? I bet she'd be surprised.”
 
“It would be a nice surprise but I doubt father would approve of us hunting on our own. We were told to train or practice, in camp or here,” Shin reminded them.
 
“I'll take ya, runts,” Inuyasha spoke up from behind them. They had basically forgotten he was there at all. “Even humans need to eat meat now and then and Kagome always likes it when I hunt. We'll go and get something big enough for everyone.”
 
They all nodded their excitement. Their uncle actually wanted to do something with them! They weren't sure what had caused the change but they welcomed it nonetheless. “We should take Rin back to camp first,” Hitoshi mentioned. With another round of nods, Rin was carrying Kazue as they all walked back to camp. Inuyasha spoke with Miroku for a minute, letting him know where they were going and to keep an eye on Rin, and then they were off.
 
~
 
It was then that they finally reached the spring. He scanned the area before erecting a barrier once more. Kagome set her clean clothes and his as well on a rock a bit away from the water, while placing her bathing products and towels on the edge. When she turned to look at him once more he was still standing right where she had left him, merely watching her. She walked towards him slowly, swinging her hips a bit more than usual, immediately drawing his full attention. He watched intently as she carefully pulled mokomoko from his shoulder and set it on a nearby rock. Then she loosened his sash and slid his haori from his shoulders. Once she had his chest exposed she took the time to trace the muscles of his torso. It was like he was carved, each muscle perfectly defined on his pale skin. He was her marble god as he stood perfectly still so as to not discourage her explorations. When she had outlined each muscle of his chest and abdomen, she lifted herself up on her toes to place a soft kiss on his lips before turning and walking away. He watched as she pulled her shirt over her head and as she loosened the skirt she was wearing so that it dropped to the ground around her feet. She stepped out of it before bending at the waist, quite a bit more than necessary, to pick it up. She took her time rising too so he had a lovely view of her soft curvy ass as it peeked out of her red lace panties that matched the enticing breast binding she wore. She tossed the two garments to the side and he watched her arms slip behind her back.
 
“Kagome,” he said slowly, catching her attention. “Stop.” She pouted at him, hurt that he wasn't enjoying her striptease. “Let me,” was all he said as he stalked closer to her. “This Sesshoumaru desires to learn how to remove this… item.”
 
She giggled for a moment. “It's called a bra.” She turned her back to him and reached around once more. “Look close and watch when I do it. There are little clips.” He watched as her fingers moved, expertly opening the small clasp.
 
“Close it again.” She let out a little sigh but did as he asked. He placed his hand lightly on her hip before sliding it up her side. It moved slowly, leaving goose bumps and shivers behind, stopping only when he reached the challenging little clips that separated him from his treasures. He slipped his fingers under the place where the two ends joined and gave it a shot. He found it much harder than it looked, but then she had used two hands and he didn't have that option.
 
She felt his struggling and sensed his growing frustration. “Hang on. I can do it with one hand. Let me show you. I should have shown you that way to begin with.” He moved his hand lower on her back and watched as she manipulated the fabric for a moment, careful to watch every movement so he could repeat it. Once she had it opened she slipped her other hand back to close it once more.

He was going to get it this time. He would have just cut the thing but he figured she wouldn't appreciate it. Add to that the fact that he definitely wanted to see her in it again and he was determined to master the `bra'. It took a minute as he tried to arrange his fingers just as she had, all the while taking extra care to not injure her perfect skin with the deadly weapons that tipped them. After only two failed attempts he did it and he was quite pleased with himself. “Turn around,” he whispered in her ear. She turned towards him and he slid the straps from her shoulders as he had seen her do earlier, uncovering her deliciously beautiful breasts achingly slowly. He kissed at her jaw line before moving down her throat to her collar bone. He bent lower as he trailed kisses across the top of her chest until he reached his mark. He paid extra attention to where she was marked as a member of his pack before kissing down between her breasts. Her head rolled back and she let out a sigh as he dropped to his knees and proceeded to peel her panties down her long legs, breathing in deeply as her scent hit him unhindered. He buried his nose in her curls while kissing her inner thigh.

~
 
Rin had decided to color while she still could as the sun was slowly beginning to fall below the horizon. Kazue stayed at her side, watching over the little girl closely.
 
Sango had decided she had had enough practice for the day and called for Kirara to head back. They landed just outside of camp and as soon and Sango slid off her back Kirara transformed into her smaller self and looked to where Kazue lay, letting out a meow. The black puppy popped up and hopped through the grass to her friend. The two then proceeded together, walking over to where Ah and Un lay. The dragon lifted its two heads, eager to gossip with his new companions.
 
Sango looked around camp as she leaned her boomerang against a convenient tree. “Where is everyone? Miroku?”
 
It took the monk a moment to register that she had spoken to him and when he did he was surprised. He hadn't even noticed her return. “Oh, Kagome is taking a bath and Sesshoumaru hasn't come back yet. Come to think of it, Kagome left with new clothes for him.”
 
Sango watched as the hentai gears turned in his head and decided to stop it before he got himself in trouble. “Okay, and everyone else?”
 
“What? Huh?” He looked back up at her in confusion. He had been so busy imagining what Kagome would have needed clean clothes for Sesshoumaru for when it was her taking the bath that he hadn't heard her.
 
Sango sighed before repeating herself. “I asked where everyone else is.”
 
“Inuyasha took the boys hunting. They wanted to surprise Kagome. They just left a few minutes ago after dropping of Rin.”
 
“So then no instant noodles tonight?” Sango asked with hope in her voice. Sure, the noodles were good and they came in handy but real food was always better.
 
“Not if they're successful and I don't see why they wouldn't be.”
 
Sango nodded before an idea popped into her head. She turned to look at the little girl who was deeply involved in her coloring. “Hey Rin, would you like to help me?”
 
Rin looked up before jumping to her feet. “Yes, yes, Rin wants to help!” she cried out in her eager little voice.
 
“I saw some berry bushes not too far away and they're nice and ripe. I think they would make a great dessert and you can have a surprise for Kagome too then.” She smiled down at the little girl who looked so excited she could burst.
 
“Rin loves berries! Lord Sesshoumaru always lets me eat as many as Rin wants, but one time Rin ate too many and then Rin had a tummy ache and Jaken had to watch Rin and Jaken wasn't nice and said it was Rin's fault!”
 
“Well, we'll make sure we get enough for everyone to have some and we can even eat a few while we pick them.” Sango grabbed two of Kagome's cooking pots, one for her and one for Rin before they left the clearing. It took the two a minute to notice, as they were focused on their conversation about the odd smell Kagome carried when she returned and what it could mean. Once they did, however, it took Kirara and Kazue only a few seconds to catch up to the two who were already immersed in their berry picking.
 
~
 
“Sesshoumaru,” she said nearly inaudibly. “If you keep this up we'll never get in the spring.”
 
“So?” he murmured into the perfectly shaped triangle of soft black curls, his breath brushing across her just so, causing her knees to buckle. He caught her as her legs gave out and stood before he carried her into the wonderful naturally heated water. He didn't bother to remove his pants first since they needed a rinse as well. She watched as he lowered her onto the underwater ledge before moving out into the deeper water. He slipped under, wetting his hair. He was under for much longer than she expected and she was just about to dive under and check on him when he broke the surface. He lifted his arm out of the water and tossed a ball of wet silk at a branch. She was amazed as his pants hit the branch perfectly, leaving them hanging nearly as neatly as if she had done it by hand.
 
“Good aim.” She smirked at him before motioning him over. It was quiet in the clearing then as she slowly washed his hair, followed by his back, chest, and arm. She left the lower half for him to take care of and dunked herself under the water, making sure to keep her eyes closed. When she reached for the shampoo he stopped her, pulling her in front of him. Even with only one hand it was heavenly as the demon lord washed her hair. He massaged her scalp expertly with his claws, all without drawing a drop of blood. He insisted on doing the conditioner too, and just as she had expected, he decided to wash her body for her. “You know I can wash myself,” she said softly, enjoying his hands sliding over her body.
 
“This is another inu instinct. We show our affections by grooming each other.”
 
“I bet this isn't a pack activity though, right?”
 
“Well, parents often bathe with their pups. You bathed with Inuyasha and myself.”
 
“Yeah but that was because he was wounded. I didn't figure you would want that happening again.”
 
“There is no harm in you helping him bathe as long as I or the children are present as well. And of course only I would get the pleasure of washing you. You and the slayer bathe together, do you not?”
 
“Well, yeah but that's different. We don't wash each other or anything like that. We use the privacy to talk, and we usually go together for safety. It's gonna take me a while to get used to the instinct thing. I was really expecting you to be territorial and jealous and tell him to keep his hands to himself and keep his distance.”
 
“Is it not the same with humans?”
 
“You mean would a couple bathe with the guy's brother too? No. Unless there was something kinky going on there it would never happen. I guess it's the pack mentality that I'll need to adjust to.”
 
“Kinky? Would you care to define that for this Sesshoumaru?” He watched as she blushed and shook her head. He merely smirked before continuing. She didn't have to tell him now. He would find out eventually. “The pack does most things together, eat together, bathe together, and sleep together. But of course this Sesshoumaru will be sure to find time for privacy as well.” She watched him grin rather evilly at the idea when something hit her.
 
“Sesshoumaru? Earlier you said `If you were to become my mate'. What happened to `I fully intend to make your mother my mate'?”
 
“You did not seem to appreciate the assumption. I have not yet asked and you have not agreed.”
 
“It wasn't the assumption really; it was just embarrassing with everyone looking at us like that. They all had these grins on their faces. It was just weird. Sesshoumaru? Was it true? What he said, that you're afraid to ask? Do you blame yourself for what happened?”
 
“This Sesshoumaru failed to protect you. I failed you and you died. A mate is supposed to be a strong protector and a good provider and I have yet to prove myself to you. And there are a few things that must be done before I can ask.”
 
“You don't have anything to prove to me and you don't need to be afraid of your life without me. I already promised you would never be alone again.”
 
He pulled her to him and kissed her softly. “I forget sometimes that I can tell you anything. Apparently he does not.” They shared a few more tender kisses as they cuddled together on the ledge. As the sun started to set, however, he released her and lifted her from the water, thoroughly enjoying the view from below. She wrapped a towel around herself and turned away as she towel dried her hair. With a smirk at her shyness he pulled himself from the water and wrapped a towel around his waist before moving close and turning her towards him. She smiled as she took in the view of the water droplets sliding across his muscles, rolling downward in the dips that made them so defined. The moisture stopped at the edge of the towel as it hung low on his hips. He looked absolutely godly and she had the oddest desire to drop to her knees right then and there at his feet.
 
~
 
It hadn't taken long for the boys and Inuyasha to have taken down a pair of boars. They worked together to skin and clean the animals until they had nice slabs of meat. They returned to camp to find that Rin had gone off with Sango, Miroku having told them about the berries. With a smirk Inuyasha turned to the boys. “You wanna make Kagome even more surprised?” They all nodded. “Find some nice straight stick like you would roast fish on and bring them here.” Within seconds they were off, spreading out along the edges of the clearing they camped in. Inuyasha set to work cutting the meat into cubes as he had seen Kagome do in the past. Of course she used a knife, but his claws worked just as well. By the time he had a large pot full of bite size boar chunks the boys were returning with handfuls of makeshift skewers. He showed them how to arrange the meat on the sticks and they all chipped in. It wasn't long before the area was filled with the delicious scent of roasting meat. Sure, they like it better raw, but their uncle had told them that it was tasty this way as well and that this was Kagome's favorite campfire food.
 
Sango was surprised as they reentered camp and saw dinner cooking. She looked around but Kagome was nowhere to be found. Instead she found a rather smug looking Inuyasha and a still dazed and distracted monk. “Sango, will you keep an eye on this for us? We need to go wash our hands.” She looked at him in shock. He was going to wash his hands? And he prepared dinner? Hell had officially frozen over and she was certain she saw a pig fly by in the distance. Inuyasha was actually chipping in and being helpful? And on top of that being nice to Sesshoumaru's sons as well? Not sure what to say Sango nodded weakly. “Gimme the berries. You know Kagome says we should was them off before we eat them. We can do it since were going to the stream anyway.” She held out the pot and Rin did the same before she moved to sit near the flames to watch the meat.
 
“I think I've lost my mind,” she murmured quietly to herself. “Thought I would never see the day.”
 
“Master Inuyasha has made amends with his brother, Lady Sango. I believe he is making up for lost time with the pups.”
 
Sango looked around for the voice, but she saw no one. “Definitely lost my mind. Now I'm hearing voices. I wonder if I hit my head.”
 
“Lady Sango, it's me! Myouga! Over here!” She turned to where the voice seemed to originate and saw that it was in fact the demon flea and retainer of Inuyasha, hopping up and down on top of Kirara's head.
 
“Oh, Myouga! When did you get here?”
 
“Not too long ago. I have an important message to give Lady Kagome when she returns and then I must be off. How has Lady Kagome been? Anything odd happening?”
 
Sango furrowed her brow at the odd question. “She's…fine. She… well, I guess her hearing gotten a lot better. They figured it was a side effect of Sesshoumaru's youki. And she grew claws at will earlier. I guess I would call that odd.”
 
“So it has already begun.”
 
“What has, Myouga?”
 
“What? Oh, nothing. Nothing at all.” She watched as the flea disappeared into Kirara's fur. A moment later the kitten began to scratch and she followed him with her eyes as he went flying half way across the clearing before disappearing into the grass.
 
“Sure, I believe you,” she said, more to herself than to the flea who was doing all he could to avoid answering the question.
 
~
 
She reached up and towel dried the long silver stands of silk he called hair before drying herself and slipping on her pajamas. They consisted of short shorts and a spaghetti string tank top that stopped above her belly button. Both pieces were a baby blue with a pattern of clouds, stars, and moons. She heard him chuckle as she stood facing the trees as he dressed. When he had donned his new pants he called out to her. “It's safe now Kagome. I'm covered.” His voice was filled with his amusement and she crinkled her nose at him before letting out a low growl.
 
“So did you rinse them out enough or do you want me to do it again?”
 
“They should be fine. I will respond to the scrolls Jaken returned with this evening and in the morning I will send him with the replies and any clothes that need to be washed. He will return with fresh clothing.”
 
“We should probably have the kids take a bath in the morning before he goes so he can take their clothes too.” He nodded his agreement as he slipped his haori on, watching as she replaced the soaps and bottles in her bag before pulling out a large clear bag. “Here, give me the wet pants and the haori too. Do you have another sash or is that it?”
 
“There are more in the supplies. What is that?”
 
“Oh, this is a plastic zipper bag. Plastic is waterproof so I keep all my clean clothes in them and I put my dirty or wet clothes in different ones so they don't get my things wet or smear demon guts or mud everywhere.” He watched with interest as she placed his soiled clothing in the bag before sealing it. She did the same with hers and tossed both bags in her shoulder bag. As she moved towards him she passed the rock mokomoko rested on and the fur with a mind of its own wrapped around her knee before traveling up her body, stopping only when it hung evenly over her shoulders. “I guess he likes me.”
 
“Mokomoko desires to hold you just as I do.” He took hold of her hand, lacing their fingers together before beginning the walk back to camp.
 
 
Author's Notes:
 
Everyone guessed about Rin and Kagome, so many different ideas! Let's see, we've got:
Rin's Kagome's Sister
Rin's Kagome's ancestor
Rin's Midoriko's reincarnation
Rin's Kagome's Grandmother
Rin's Kagome's previous incarnation (like Kikyo)
Rin's Kagome's Daughter
Rin is the priestess who spoke the prophecy
 
About the word for the beads, I got a bunch of ideas and loved them all. Two people pointed out the problem with heel since Kagome can heal injuries the beads probably wouldn't know the difference in the two words. Sadly heel had to be taken out of the running because of that. Thanks to everyone who gave ideas. I've decided and written the chapter the beads are activated in. Coming up soon.
 
 
I have nearly 100 reviews since I last wrote reviewer responses (on ASingleSpark & Mediaminer) so I'm not going to be able to write one for every single review. I'm going to look through and answer questions and stuff like that. So if you reviewed and I don't write a personalized response to you, thanks for reading and for reviewing. I really appreciate it. I'm glad you're all enjoying the story so much.
 
And thanks to everyone who wished me better. You're all so sweet. I feel important. ;)
 
 
Sunset Love - Are you all done with the finals then? I hope you did well. And your question about the giant exam, yeah I've done that. The final IB exams were like two or three 2 hour sessions per subject with one session multiple choice, one a huge essay, and the third something equally horrible that I'm sure I blocked out for my own sanity. About getting sick in florida, definitely just as possible as everywhere else. It isn't hot here all the time. It actually gets pretty fucking cold in January but never enough to snow, gad damnit. The weather changes always seem to give me a chest cold. And we still have colds and flu that spread all over the place. Mom working in a doctors office just means she's kind enough to bring them home for me.
 
K.M. - It's funny. Some reviewers like you want to see Sesshoumaru fall, be clumsy, etc. while others want him to do something dignified. I hope you all like my choices.
 
Chaos Queen - How was the birthday? I still can't believe I'm 24. I still feel like I'm 16. Drinkin' ain't all it's cracked up to be let me tell ya. It only took once watching my husband throw up for over an hour because he thought it would be fun to drink waaaayyy to much whiskey. Add to that watching my drunk ass dad puke off the porch, etc. I will never get drunk. I've been a little buzzed but that's it. Oh, I guess I was pretty drunk last thanksgiving. It was just after I hurt my foot and my mom had given me a pain pill and we had arbor mist, everyone got a glass. Once she had poured them all she handed me the bottle with probably a third left and said `here finish this.' Then I drank my glass. My mother was too slow so I drank hers too. Yeah, my grandma was making faces at me, but it was funny as hell! But then I was drunk and just about everything was funny at the time. Ouch, Ribs on the tub? I think that's worse then my chest cold. You win. And Kouga, he's not going out until the fat lady sings, and my throat hurts at the moment. I've already written that part though. It was originally going to be in chapter 24 before tons of other ideas hopped in the way.
 
Iloveprettysilverhair - There's another one of your stories that I just added to my list to read. `Not Soon Forgotten'. I'll have to remember to write a review this time! I'm glad you like the pacing. I'm afraid some people think it's going to slow but I just have so much I need to fit in to each day! And I definitely don't want to go too fast. I hate that. You miss so much when the story just skips over stuff.
 
Ginrei - I'm like that with my mom. No one will ever hurt her without getting a serious ass chewing out at the very least. She's let too many men hurt her and I won't stand for it any more. So the step-dad knows not to yell at her or make her cry cuz he'll find me in between them in a second. I can't believe you actually bought me one! Let me know how much and I'll send you a check! I can't wait to see it! It sounds adorable, well as adorable as the aristocratic assassin can be.
 
Brainshake - Glad you approve of Rin's daddy. I think she would want to call him that, maybe even call him that in her head, but to say it out loud, that needed a Freudian slip. Ah! And I do believe one of your words is my choice!
 
Kagome-chan - no characters locking me in the closet. It would be nice if some of them would come over and take care of me and the kid. Maybe Jaken could watch Destiny while Sango cooks me some nice soup. Sesshoumaru and Inuyasha can wait on me hand and foot. Yeah, that would make me feel a hell of a lot better!
 
Poppet - I'm surprised your eyes didn't fall out. I think mine would if I tried to read the whole thing straight. Nearly 370 pages now in word. Never heard of the chili flakes for ants. Have used grits. That works. They eat them and pop. Kinda like the birds and rice thing.
 
Arryelle - I like to think there is someone out there for everyone. Kinda scares me though that I almost didn't IM him the first time. If I hadn't been so bored or if someone else had been online I would never have met him. Glad you liked the new lime. I thought it was funny. I couldn't help myself. God only knows how long I'll make you wait before she takes his pants off!
 
Reine - You are one of the two to spot the heel/heal issue. I can't believe I didn't think of that!
 
Michelle - No dying! Then you won't find out how it ends months and months from now. I wish I could make daddy watch the kid but he works nights and sleeps all day. Sucks to be me.
 
Ivystone - I love your reviews. You say the nicest things in the most beautiful ways! It's like a review in prose.
 
Syoze - Chicken noodle soup and vodka? Sounds interesting to say the least.
 
Lester joe - Me and mucinex are very good friends. It works better than anything else I've ever used.
 
Kawaii Kilala - My cousin had just cause to torture me I suppose. My father was the baby of the six of them. His oldest brother was 36 when he was born. It was his son that picked on me when I was little (he was like 25). When he was little my dad and the other youngish brothers hung him upside down off the side of a bridge above a stream. He couldn't get back at them so he got back at me. Blonde ain't so bad. I love the pink! Mine's black at the moment. Did it the day before Halloween. David's is chunky red and blonde and Destiny's got that stripe on the front if you looked at the pics.
 
Sarah - Glad you finally got to read it and even happier that you like it. Tanks for all the compliments. And happy to have pleased you by killing Kikyo.
 
Nene09 - Glad you came over and found it here. I wouldn't want to wait either. I might as well throw up the last few chapters on ff.net and get it over with so it's caught up.
 
Jean - Hinting at a Sesshoumaru and his hand scene? Hmmm. I could definitely see it happening but I'm not sure where I would put it. I'll definitely keep it in mind!
 
Calix - I missed you! Sorry about the headache but good for you with the stories. I am having to fight with myself like crazy to not start the AU idea I have. It's one I've never seen before and I'm dying to start it! I may end up losing and writing it too. Maybe a chapter of this one day and a chapter of the other the next. I'd probably lose my mind though.
 
Sessy+me+darcy=yum - very interesting name! glad you gave me a chance even though it isn't done. I've promised not to abandon this story. It would drive me crazy to do so anyway. Glad you like the intimacy progression. It makes me laugh when they just grab each other and go at it when they were enemies two minutes ago. I don't know what the problem is with the site but it's absolutely driving me batty!
 
G - As I said above, you are the only one who guessed right! Thanks for being devoted during my infirmity (LOL) So, what do you want? Do you have a request or I don't know. Pick something and I'll do my best for ya. You are the winner after all!
 
Cocoke5 - I hope your mother gets better quick. Thanks for all the well wishes!
 
Allundra - Once I feel better I hope to go back to a chapter a day. I liked that pace, and I'm pretty sure everyone else did too. Kagome's dad is human. No big secret surprises there. (at least I haven't decided on any yet.) Think maybe you could mail me a great big box of snow so my kid can make a snowman? I miss the snow so bad and she's never even seen it. I hate Florida with a passion.
 
Inupriestess - I wonder if I took a week or two off if you guys would get together and have obsessed readers anonymous meetings. Now that would be funny!
 
Angela - the best you've ever read? I wouldn't go that far. There are some pretty awesome ones out there!
 
Jessi - Hope you feel better soon. It can be scary when the doctors can't figure out why you're sick. Having that problem with my mom.
 
Faye - And no real lemon in the immediate future. Gotta work up to it. Even though Sesshy is absolutely delicious Kagome's a complete virgin. He's gotta take it slow or she might run away screaming! LOL
 
Ethereal Siren - You were the first to notice the heel/heal thing. But then you've always been super observant. I thought it was cute, Miroku picking flowers. Plus it gave him a reason to flirt with Sango, not that he needs one. Glad you liked the new lime. And Rin being a miko. That one was actually planned ahead of time! I know about the mold thing. The people who built our house did a shitty job and we have a ten year warranty so they have to fix anything that goes wrong. The floor in the hallway was getting soft under the linoleum. All moldy and rotting wood and the house was only a couple of months old. And of course now that more of the floor is doing that too they've gone out of business and disappeared off the face of the earth. Now we're gonna have to fix it ourselves.
 
Little Rini - You made me laugh so hard! No, my mom's not pregnant though it would have been hilarious. She had a hysterectomy nearly ten years ago. It would have to have grown back. Definitely would have been fairly disturbing. But then I always wanted a brother or sister. Yeah, I'm okay. I'll survive. Its just taking longer to get better since I can't hide in bed all day. Definitely cranky though.
 
Devious authoress - Yeah, I've got a nebulizer but no tubing and mask. I will definitely ask about the stuff though. When I had my c-section they gave me breathing treatments every day. It wasn't albuterol and it worked so much better but I never found out what it was.
 
Child of the moon - We dragged her to the doctor a few times. They took all kinds of blood and even a sample that she didn't enjoy giving (hint,hint, yuck) No real answer yet. I watch too much discovery health too. Have a season pass on mystery diagnosis. Two different episodes had things that could have been it in my own medical opinion. Let me know when you post your story. I'm always looking for things to read!
 
Malitiadixie - Glad you like it. I couldn't be too mean to Inuyasha. I like him too. For a long time I wouldn't read Kag/Sess. Didn't think it was right. And now here I am writing one! Glad you approve of the new powers. It's more of a steady increase than huge leaps. I think that's probably why it doesn't seem as off. No instant superwoman or anything. 50 is a big thing for me. I can't believe I wrote so much and the plot hasn't even really gotten started. This thing is going to be epic.
 
Cassandralynn - Glad you like it! See, I have a hidden vacuum hiding between the lines. That's why everyone keeps getting sucked in! :)
 
Dragonwitch - Daddy's not the northern lord. Theories always welcome. Gives me ideas! Thanks for reading!
 
Bloodbunny - So you guess Sango's gift is Kohaku. Miroku's gift has to do with the wind tunnel. Sesshoumaru's is getting to keep Kagome. Not bad guesses but I will neither confirm nor deny at this time. ;-)
 
 
And now after two hours I've finished! In summation, thanks for reading, thanks for wishing for me to get better, thanks for all your guesses and word ideas, thanks for taking the time to review, thanks for making me feel special! Love to you all and a Happy Thanksgiving! Don't eat too much and puke! And don't forget turkey makes you sleepy! ByeByes