InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ She Who the Prophecy Foretold ❯ Down the Well and Back Again, I Don't Do Cute ( Chapter 55 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 55 - Down the Well and Back Again, I Don't Do Cute
 
 
Kagome smiled as she saw the bright blue flare of magic coming from the well at her side. It worked. The beads had made it possible for him to pass through the well.
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
He had felt the magic surge up against him as his body felt like it was floating, weightless. Just a few more seconds of the bright blue light and he found himself standing at the bottom of the well. It was dark, he noticed. Looking up he could see slivers of light slipping between the boards of wood that made up the roof of the small structure built around the well. He jumped up and out of the well and looked around for a minute. There was nothing at all of interest in the well house, he noted as he took in the sight of a few stairs leading to where there appeared to be a door. Deciding she would be getting upset if he didn't return right away he moved back to the side of the old well and jumped in. He once again experienced the sensation of floating before landing on dirt once more. He looked up, this time finding a bright blue sky with a few puffy white clouds. A shadow fell over the opening at the top of the vertical passage he stood at the bottom of. Yes, he was definitely back. Kagome smiled down at him before moving her head so that he could exit the well.
 
“I see it worked,” she said with a grin.
 
“Yes, it most definitely did so. Now that we know it is possible we should consider leaving early so you have more time to study in a more appropriate environment with fewer distractions.”
 
She took in his expression. He was dead serious. “Fine with me. Inuyasha already said he and the others could handle the kids.”
 
“I will speak with him about the children. They need to continue their training and work on their use of your powers as well.”
 
“Maybe Kaede can help them. I'm sure she wouldn't mind.”
 
“We will leave in the morning. Jaken should have returned by then so I will know if there is anything in need of my immediate attention. This will also give me time to discuss the care of the children and how to handle Jaken as well. It is his rightful place as beta to take over when the alpha is unavailable.”
 
“I'm sure he'll do fine. And we'll tell the kids to behave. If they don't cause any trouble maybe I'll bring them something new from my time.”
 
“This Sesshoumaru is sure they would be quite excited at the possibility.” They had been walking as they talked and had finally made it back to their clearing. Everyone was gathered there except Jaken and Ah Un who were still away on their errand. Sesshoumaru nodded for her to tell the others their decision.
 
“Hey guys. I know I wasn't going to leave for a few more days but I'm having a hard time studying here so Sesshoumaru recommended that I go home early so I can do so.” There were a few groans among the children but Inuyasha, Sango, and Miroku nodded their agreement. Kagome smirked as she noticed how close the monk and slayer were sitting. “We're going to leave in the morning.”
“We?” Akihiro asked.
 
“This Sesshoumaru is going to accompany her.”
 
“I thought you couldn't pass through the well,” Yoshi said, rather confused.
 
“The issue has been solved. I can now pass through. We just tested such. Inuyasha will be in charge while we are gone. I will discuss with you the care of the children and other important details, brother.” Inuyasha nodded and Kagome sat down at the hanyou's side, thanking Sango for the bowl she passed her. They ate in silence and when everyone had finished Miroku volunteered to help Sango clean the dishes in the stream. Inuyasha rose and walked towards the edge of the clearing with Sesshoumaru so they could further discuss what he needed to know to be in charge during their absence.
 
Kagome began arranging her things, sorting the supplies so the others could easily find what they were looking for while checking to see if anything needed replenished. Of course the ramen did. The ramen supply always needed to be replenished. She gathered all her school books together and placed them in her emptied out yellow backpack. She selected the few other things she would need to take home with her and placed them in the bag as well. The children surrounded her as she packed and she spoke with them while she did.
 
“Your father and I need you to be good for Inuyasha and the others while we are gone, okay? No tricks and yes that means you Shippo.” The little kitsune grumbled but agreed. “You need to work on your training and practice your holy powers too. Inuyasha might take you to see Kaede. She probably could teach you a lot better than I can. No wandering off. Everyone stays with the pack. Just do as you are asked and everything will be fine. If there is an emergency Inuyasha can pass through the well to get us. If you're good I might bring you all something special from my time, alright?” The kids seemed to perk up at that. They didn't like the idea of her leaving them at all, even if it was only for a week, maybe a week and a half now. That was a long time to be separated from the mother they just got. She noticed their hesitant and worried looks even though they were semi-hidden under the excitement at the prospect of gifts from the future. “Try not to think about it as me leaving you. Once my exams are over with I will be able to stay with you for longer periods of time. We're just getting this out of the way. I promise to come back to you, okay?” They nodded, but Hisoka looked close to tears. Kagome leaned forward and pulled him into her arms. “I would never leave you. I know that it will be uncomfortable with the marks cut off but you just have to remember that I'll be back soon and I love you all.” Kagome was near tears herself. She had never imagined it would be so hard to leave them, even if it was just for a short time. She would never be able to leave them permanently to stay in her own time. She had never been more certain than at this very moment that she belonged in the feudal era. It was her true home.
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
Sango was suspicious as to why Miroku volunteered to help with the dishes. All through lunch she had been thinking about that kiss. It was so soft and tender but it was too short. Maybe he would kiss her again? She blushed at the thought, nervous. She had no idea how to kiss. She didn't want to make a fool of herself. It was rather obvious that Miroku had experience. What would he do if she kissed absolutely terribly? Would he change his mind?
 
Miroku glanced at Sango as they reached the edge of the stream. She was blushing and looked incredibly nervous. He had decided to offer to help in hopes of having a few more minutes of privacy with her, hopefully without anyone interrupting! “Sango? Are you alright?” She turned and looked at him. He saw the look in her eyes. She looked damn near terrified. “What's wrong, Sango my love?” Sango shook her head and moved to start rinsing the dishes. She refused to make eye contact with him again. He didn't like the way she looked afraid. What was she afraid of? He reached for her hands and turned her to face him. “Sango?” She cast her eyes at the ground. He released one of her hands and lifted her chin gently. She looked so beautiful, afraid but gorgeous. He couldn't help himself and he leaned in to kiss her once more. The hand that had held her chin moved to her cheek and his other hand wrapped in her hair. He started slowly but every second her lips touched his drove him on. He tilted his head slightly and deepened the kiss. She felt his tongue brush against her bottom lip. The sensation was incredible and she gasped, giving him the entrance he had been seeking. It took a few tries but he managed to encourage her tongue to join in the game. They finally broke apart, breathing heavily. Miroku was filled with male pride as he looked at her flushed face, her puffy lips, and a look in her eyes that clearly said `Wow!' “We should finish the dishes and get back to camp, don't you think Sango dear?” She nodded, still in an obvious daze. He took over for her and finished washing the lunch dishes while she sat staring into space.
 
Sango was off in daydream-land as she thought about the kiss over and over again. It was better than she had ever imagined. She had never imagined a kiss could feel like that. For a while she had been resigned to never being kissed at all but now that all changed. She knew Miroku accepted her strength and independence like no normal man of her time would. He would never expect her to be a submissive little housewife. They had fought together side by side, depended on each other, trusted each other, and they would again. They would be partners in marriage just as they were partners in battle. Her future had not looked so bright in years, since her village was destroyed. Now she had so much to look forward to, so much to fight for and so did he. Naraku would never know what hit him.
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru sat in silence for a few minutes, watching Kagome and the children. Sesshoumaru felt slightly guilty. He was taking her away from them. Even though she would have been going anyway he was going with her which would only make the separation more difficult. He was looking forward to the time alone with her, as well as learning about her time, while his children would be suffering, missing their mother's presence. Inuyasha was going to have to keep them busy. Maybe if they were occupied they wouldn't spend as much time focusing on missing her. Hopefully it would help the time pass faster.
 
“Inuyasha, the children are going to miss her presence. This Sesshoumaru is trusting you to keep them distracted as much as possible. The pups should work on their training ever day. They should all practice their holy powers as well. Rin will be able to help them somewhat but I would like you to ask the elder miko to assist in their training as well. Taking them all to the village would most likely upset the villagers so it would be best to bring her to them instead.”
 
“Alright. I'm sure Kaede won't mind. She was curious to see what they could do with the power anyway.”
 
“While you were away this Sesshoumaru killed several swarms of saimyosho. It seems Naraku has been sending them out as spies. If you sense any in the area do not let them escape. Allow none to return to Naraku. They have been spotted in the Western Lands as well. Jaken has informed me of the wind witch's presence. She has been killing any saimyosho who attempt to enter my lands in an apparent attempt to keep her master ill-informed as to our location.”
 
“You mean she's attacking her allies?”
 
“It seems she may have been speaking the truth when she claimed to be an unwilling participant in his vile plots. My messengers know to contact me here if there is a matter that needs my immediate attention. If this occurs or if there is a danger you cannot handle alone come through the well and retrieve me. I will inform Jaken that he is to assist you with the children and follow your orders as you are in command in my absence. If he does not behave I find a well aimed rock or a good kick works wonders to remind him of his place.”
 
Inuyasha nodded his agreement. “Everything will be fine. I'll keep the kids busy. You keep Kagome safe. Things are different in her time. It'll take a while to get used to. The whole place smells terrible. She said it's because of something called `pollution'. I imagine it will be much worse for you. It helps if you stay close to her. Her scent seems to block out the others. It's a lot louder too. There are these big metal machines that take people from one place to another. They make a ton of noise and they have a lot to do with the smell. Don't attack them. Don't attack anything unless Kagome asks you to which isn't likely.” It was Sesshoumaru's turn to nod in understanding. “She'll explain as much as she can. When she goes to school you'll have to stay at the shrine. Her mother is really nice. She always makes me ramen. Her kid brother can be annoying and her grandfather is nuts. He's always slapping sutras on me, not that they're any good. I bet her mom will help you out while Kagome is gone, explain things, answer questions, whatever you need.”
 
“This Sesshoumaru appreciates the warnings. I did not really know what to expect.”
 
“It's definitely different but there's a lot of interesting things. Humans have really made progress.”
 
“Kagome has told me that there are no demons in her time?”
 
“Not that I've ever sensed. I suppose they could be hiding but if they are they're doing a damn good job. So you're leaving in the morning?”
 
“Yes, we will be leaving early tomorrow so that she can study. These `exams' seem rather important to her.”
 
“They are, not that I know why. I don't know why she wastes her time on `school' when she should be here.” Sesshoumaru nodded his agreement. Why was she so concerned about school? Was she intending on returning to her time when her task was completed? The demon lord found himself a bit concerned. She wouldn't leave, would she? He would have to ask her. She couldn't leave him.
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
The rest of the afternoon and evening was uneventful. When Miroku and Sango had returned to camp holding hands Kagome merely smiled at them, happy they were finally honest with each other. She spent the whole evening with the children as they attempted to soak in as much of her presence as possible since she would be leaving in the morning. Dinner was simple and quiet, followed by a story and then bed. They all slept close together once more, Sesshoumaru and Inuyasha lying on either side of Kagome with the children trying their best to be close to her as well. Sesshoumaru had trouble falling asleep. He was nervous, actually nearly terrified, of meeting her family. He had to make a good impression so that he could receive their permission to court Kagome. He held her close to his body as his mind ran through possible scenarios, some good and some bad. He didn't know what to expect. Not only were they human, a species he knew little about, but they were also from a different time. Five hundred years was a big difference and he had no knowledge of their beliefs or customs which made the whole thing harder.
 
Before he knew it the sun was rising and he had worried all night long. Trying to calm himself he buried his nose in her hair and breathed in her relaxing scent. He would have to make sure she left something with her scent behind for the children. While it wouldn't be the same, it would at least make things a little easier on them. He figured the blankets and pillow would do but perhaps she should leave a few articles of clothing that she had worn but not yet washed. He was drawn out of his thoughts when he felt her shift in his hold. He let out a low rumbling growl that Kagome would have called a purr and he felt as her body relaxed and she fell back to sleep. He smirked as he realized that she responded to the growl meant to soothe his mate just as a demoness would have. Trying to keep his worries from invading his mind once again he buried his face in her hair, content to do nothing but breathe her in. They would stay like this as long as possible, until either Kagome absolutely had to get up or until Jaken returned.
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
The sun had fully risen and he knew that all the children were awake but were pretending to sleep. No one wanted to lose the feel of her aura and scent wrapped around them. It was time, though. He could feel the approach of Jaken and Ah Un. Soon they would be leaving for her time. “It is time to get up. Jaken approaches,” he said in a low but still authoritative voice. They let out little whines and grumbles but they complied and got up. When only he, Inuyasha, and Kagome remained he whispered in her ear. “Kagome, you need to wake up. We will be leaving soon and the children would like to see you before you go.”
 
He heard her groan before she started to shift again. “If you want me to get up you will have to let go of me first,” she said in a sleepy voice. Opening her eyes she blinked at the brightness in the clearing. When she could see once again she looked into Inuyasha's eyes. “You too, Inuyasha.” She smiled as he made a face and began grumbling under his breath while rising. Sesshoumaru, however, still held her tightly. “Sesshoumaru,” she said in her most feminine sounding voice. “I can't take you home with me if you don't let me up.” She smirked as she felt him move a bit behind her, pressing himself against her soft bottom. “Again? Geez Sesshoumaru. What are you thinking back there?”
 
“If I told you, you would be blushing for a week,” he teased in a deep and seductive tone while blowing in her ear. It was his turn to smirk as he felt her shiver. Finally giving in to his own logic he sat up, pulling her along with him. After placing a few kisses along her neck and shoulder he released her and watched as she led the children off to wash up for breakfast. Jaken arrived just in time, landing at the edge of the clearing. He removed just a few scrolls from Ah Un's saddle bags and approached where his lord sat. The toad immediately filled Lord Sesshoumaru in on the happenings at the palace before giving him he scrolls and retrieving his lord's writing materials so that he could pen his responses.
 
Kagome found herself explaining the importance of a toothbrush to nine curious children. She figured that the demons would most likely never need to brush their teeth as their demon abilities would probably prevent any tooth decay. Now bad breath she wasn't so sure of. Rin, on the other hand, was human and thus very susceptible to cavities and several other nasty dental issues, even more so if she continued bringing sweets from her time for the children. She made a mental note to remember to get Rin a toothbrush and children's toothpaste. When she mentioned this to Rin all the boys nearly begged for toothbrushes of their own even if they didn't need them. She just smiled and nodded. If it would make them happy then she saw no problem with it. Brushing your teeth was never a bad thing. She had often thought of the joys of modern dentistry, most especially mouthwash, when faced with a demon in close proximity. She had never even imagined that someone's breath could smell any worse but time after time the record was shattered by another, even more disgusting demon. Kagome shook off the thought and led the children back to camp for breakfast.
 
The morning meal was filled with discussion of what the group would be doing to keep busy while Sesshoumaru and Kagome were gone. The children expressed their excitement at the idea of Kaede helping to train them, Rin especially. Jaken had been given orders to assist the others in the care of the children and to obey Inuyasha, the prospect of which caused the toad to choke on his breakfast, his face turning even greener than usual. Inuyasha laughed and gave him a firm whack on the back, sending the half-chewed food flying into the fire while Jaken gasped for breath. Sango and Miroku didn't say much. They were too busy stealing glances at each other. Sure, they had shared their feelings and an awesome kiss or two but neither knew quite where to go from there. Neither had ever been in a real relationship and had absolutely no clue as to how to progress.
 
Sesshoumaru had finished penning his responses and gave them to Jaken to take back in a few days. He then looked at Kagome who was pretty much buried under children that didn't want to let her go. “Kagome, have you finished packing what you will need?” She nodded and managed to move a hand free to point at her big yellow bag. “You all need to release Kagome. We will be going now.” There were whines and soft pleas for her to stay as they moved off of her.
 
“You guys will be fine while we're gone. You know we'll come back. Just be good and have fun and we'll be back in no time. I'll miss you all too.” She knelt and hugged each child one by one, giving each a kiss on the cheek. She was near tears by the time she was finished as they had all taken the chance to tell her just how much they loved her and would miss her. Kagome sniffled and stood before giving Inuyasha a big hug. “Take care of all my kids, `kay?”
 
“You know I will. I'll miss ya too, Kagome. Come back soon.”
 
Kagome gave Sango and Miroku hugs next and Miroku found himself not even the slightest bit tempted to touch her ass. Maybe it wouldn't be as hard as he imagined to keep his hands to himself… and Sango. The miko picked up both Kirara and Kazue and nuzzled each, saying her silent good-byes. Once she put the two down she patted Ah and Uh's heads. “Alright, we're gonna go now. Damn it, it's never been this hard to leave before.”
 
Sesshoumaru approached and wrapped his arm around her, allowing her to bury her face in mokomoko's soft fur. He had her bag slung over his shoulder as he had seen her do in the past. He had already said his good-byes and knew the longer this was drawn out the harder it would be. He nodded at the others before lifting Kagome into his arm and walking towards the well. Once they arrived he set her down carefully. “Are you ready, Kagome?” She nodded and wrapped her arm around his waist as they climbed to stand on the ledge. He held her close to him as they both jumped into the well and disappeared in a flash of bright blue light.
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
Inuyasha and the boys knew the moment she was gone as the marks cut off. Inuyasha hadn't felt it before and swore under his breath at the pain. Looking around he saw all the boys cringing. They all moved together to the laid out blankets where they had slept and lay down, breathing in her scent that still clung heavily to the fabric. They weren't in the mood to do anything at all. They already missed her and they knew they would have to wait at least seven days until they saw her again, maybe a few more. This week was going to royally suck.
 
Inuyasha sat by Miroku and Sango just staring into the flames. He didn't know what to do at the moment. Nothing he could do or say would cheer them up. He looked at Rin who was sitting in Sango's lap. She didn't have a mark to have cut off but she missed Kagome just as much as everyone else did. She had her little face buried in Sango's neck, looking for comfort. He needed to think of something to distract them. The depression hanging in the air in the clearing was tangible. Hell, he could probably choke on it. He wracked his brain for an idea, something, anything to distract them. He stiffened and sniffed the air. Well, he had asked for a distraction. Beggars can't be choosers. With a growl in his throat he stood and looked in the direction he could smell and sense them in. They would be there in just a few minutes.
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
The floating feeling that Kagome always felt as she traveled through time was slightly different while held against her demon lord's chest. She still felt suspended but she also felt secure, as if slowly sinking to the bottom of the pool while holding tight to a lifeguard who was sure to bring you to the surface. Funny, she never noticed any difference when Inuyasha held her while traveling through the well. Once the ground formed beneath them she felt as he slightly bent his knees before leaping out of the dark depths and into the well house.
 
“You're not going to want to take a deep breath when we go through the doors, okay? Inuyasha tells me the pollution smells terrible. And it's gonna be loud too.”
 
He nodded at her as he released her waist. “Inuyasha warned me of such. As long as you stay close the smell should be bearable.” She smiled at him and held his hand as they walked up the few steps to the sliding doors. She looked at him, as if asking if he was ready. He nodded and she slid the doors open. The bright sunlight made them both blink as their eyes adjusted from the darkness in the closed well house. Once they could see she pulled a bit at his hand to get him to move, turning and closing the well house doors before they continued across the grounds of the shrine. Trying to remember to breathe shallowly he walked along side Kagome as she led him towards what he recognized as her house from the memories she had shown him. He frowned at the noise. He had no idea what was causing all that racket but it was much louder than in his time where all you heard was insects and the wind in the leaves. He carefully took a small test sniff which he immediately decided wasn't a good idea. Inuyasha was right. It smelled terrible! How did the humans, even with their weaker senses, stand this? She giggled as she found his nose buried in her hair. He breathed her scent in deeply, trying desperately to rid his nose of the terrible stench and replace it with her sweet one. As her scent flowing into him he felt himself relaxing. He hadn't even noticed how stiff his back had been until his shoulders dropped into a much more comfortable position. He was nervous. In just a minute or so he would be meeting the family of the woman he intended to make his mate.
 
“Are you alright?” she asked while trying to look at him. She found it rather difficult since his face was still buried in her hair. He merely nodded and took in another pull of her scent. “We're here. The smell shouldn't be as bad once we get inside.” He looked up and watched as she opened a door that led into what he guessed was the kitchen. Once the door was closed behind them he bravely removed his face from her hair completely and took another, much smaller, test sniff. It wasn't too bad. Sure, he could still detect a bit of the bad scent from outside but there was the strong scent of home cooked meals, the scent of three humans besides Kagome, and a cat. “Mama? Are you home?”
 
“Kagome?” her mother called from the living room. Kagome pulled Sesshoumaru along with her as they moved toward the voice. Once Hiromi could see her daughter she stood from her place on the couch. “I wasn't expecting you until Sunday.”
 
Kagome smiled at her mother. “I was having a hard time studying so I came home a few days earlier.” She watched for a moment as her mother eyed the tall demon who was now standing mostly behind Kagome. “Mama, while I'm sure you already know, this is Lord Sesshoumaru, Inuyasha's half-brother. Sesshoumaru, this is my mother.”
 
Hiromi grinned brightly as the demon lord bowed his greeting. “You can call me Hiromi if you like, or Mama like Kagome does. It's nice to meet you. Are you going to be staying?”
 
Hiromi watched as he glanced at Kagome, as if asking her to answer for him. It was cute how nervous he was! “Yeah, mama. Sesshoumaru's gonna hang out here this week. He wanted to see my time and meet my family.”
 
“You are welcome to stay as long as you want and make yourself at home,” she said with a bright smile that Sesshoumaru noted looked very familiar. “After all, you're going to be my son-in-law, right?”
 
“Mooommm!” Kagome whined. “Don't start now, please? I knew you would know. You knew all along, didn't you?”
 
“Why of course dear. Oh, would you two like some tea? And I just finished making cookies! Go on, Kagome. Take your guest into the living room to sit.” Kagome merely nodded before taking her bag from Sesshoumaru and tossing it at the bottom of the stairs and leading him to sit on the couch. She noticed that he sat with his back straight and shoulders back, like he was a soldier standing at attention.
 
“Hey,” she murmured while poking him. “Relax. She doesn't bite.” A grin pulled at her lips. “That would be you,” she said with a small laugh. He turned and locked eyes with her. “You don't need to be so nervous. She knows who you are. She knows all about the prophecy and she knew who you were before I did. She obviously doesn't mind a bit. Scoot back a little,” she ordered with a nudge. When he eased back so that he was fully seated on the couch she surprised him by climbing into his lap. She sat sideways, her bottom fully on his left thigh with her knees hanging over his right. She pulled his hand into both of hers and settled them in her lap, smiling as she watched him relax. “You okay?”
 
“This Sesshoumaru has never been in a similar situation. I am not sure what to say.”
 
“How about you say what you want to? Everything will be fine. Where is my big, strong, confident demon, huh?” With that said she leaned up and pressed a soft kiss to his lips before running her fingers through his bangs to help them lay neatly as they usually did. His hand slipped from the one that was still holding it to rest on the left side of her waist, giving her a gentle squeeze. He froze though when Hiromi reentered, afraid of how she would react to finding her daughter in the lap and arm of a demon. She held a tray with all the necessary tea paraphernalia and a plate of chocolate chip cookies. Kagome let out a sigh of frustration before shrugging her shoulders at her mother. Hiromi smiled, seeing her daughter perched on the demon's lap. Apparently they had been getting along well so far. Kagome twisted a little so she could look into his eyes. “She called you her future son-in-law. Do you know what that means?” she whispered. Seeing the confusion in his eyes she smiled. “It means she expects that you'll marry me and she doesn't have a problem with it.” Kagome grinned as realization dawned in his eyes. Her mother approved of their marriage, which he understood to be the human equivalent of mating, or at least as close as the species got.
 
“So, Kagome, how is everyone?” Hiromi asked while pouring the tea. “Are the children with Inuyasha?”
 
“Yeah. Inuyasha, Sango, and Miroku are watching the kids while we're here. Jaken too. Everyone's fine, if not a little pouty. They didn't want me to go.”
 
“The children have become very attached to Kagome,” Sesshoumaru offered.
 
“Oh, and Miroku finally told Sango how he feels. When we left they were holding hands!”
 
“That's wonderful dear,” Hiromi said as she handed her daughter a cup. Kagome took it and gave it too Sesshoumaru before sliding out of his lap so he could actually drink it. Kagome picked up her own and added sugar just like she liked it.
 
“Sesshoumaru? Do you want any cream or sugar in your tea?” Kagome asked.
 
He shook his head before taking a small sip of the steaming liquid. “This Sesshoumaru thanks you for the tea. It is very good.”
 
“Thank you. Let me know if you would like more. And help yourself to the cookies.” Hiromi focused on Kagome once more. “And how is Inuyasha?” Kagome knew from the look in her eye that her question was more of a `How is Inuyasha handling the whole Sesshoumaru thing'.
 
“Inuyasha is fine. He and Sesshoumaru are getting along now.”
 
“Let's see it.” When Kagome looked at her, confused, she elaborated. “Inuyasha's mark!”
 
“Oh! It's absolutely beautiful!” Kagome exclaimed while rolling up her sleeve.
 
Hiromi inspected the new mark with a smile. “It certainly is.”
 
The three sat drinking tea and eating cookies for a few more minutes, making small talk about nothing at all before Kagome excused them. “I want to show Sesshoumaru around the house and then I need to start studying for Monday's exams. Souta's still at school?” Hiromi nodded. “Where's Gramps?”
 
“He's around here somewhere. He said something about sweeping and restocking the gift shop.”
 
“Ah. Well, can you warn him Sesshoumaru's here so that he doesn't freak out? I don't think he'd appreciate Gramps throwing sutras all over him.”
 
“I'll try,” her mother said with a knowing grin. Even if he was warned he probably would do it anyway and there wasn't much they could do about it.
 
Kagome helped her mother arrange the used cups on the tray before dragging Sesshoumaru behind her up the stairs, having paused for a moment to grab her bag. She pointed at the doors as they passed, identifying her mother's room, Souta's room, Gramp's room, and the bathroom. At the bathroom she told him she would explain when it was necessary while sporting a cute, in Sesshoumaru's opinion, blush. She wasn't quite sure yet how she would explain the bathroom, especially the toilet, without thoroughly embarrassing herself. Then opened her door and motioned for him to sit as she closed it behind them. “This is my room,” she announced.
 
“This Sesshoumaru figured such. You're scent is very strong in this room.” He looked around, taking it all in. “It is very…pink.”
 
Kagome laughed. “Yeah, I probably need to redecorate but I'm not here often enough to worry about it.” She walked around him as he was still just standing there in the middle of the room looking around. “Might as well make yourself comfortable. You can take the armor off. No one's going to be attacking or anything.” She watched with a grin as he dropped the bone armor to the floor. She found the armor annoying and uncomfortable and was glad it would be out of her way all week. That's when she noticed the shopping bags sitting on the floor at the end of the bed. Curious, she peeked into the first one before blushing as she pulled out a pair of red silk boxer shorts. Sesshoumaru lifted a brow in question. “I think Mom bought some clothes for you.”
 
“And what is that?” he asked with a smirk as her blush darkened.
 
“Underwear,” she whispered.
 
“What was that?”
 
She growled at him. “I know very well that you heard me. You have demon hearing, remember? It's underwear. You wear them under your pants.”
 
“Like the little lacy thing you wear that barely covers anything?”
 
Throwing the boxers at his head, which he caught in mid-air, she dug around in the bags to see what else there was. “Mine are called `panties' thank you very much. And you don't need to be talking about them!”
 
“And why not? This Sesshoumaru finds them rather intriguing.”
 
She balled up a pair of jeans and nailed him right in the face. Apparently his reflexes weren't working so great when he was busy thinking about her panties. She laughed as he pulled them off his head and looked at them in question. “Those are called jeans. I was wondering what we would do. I didn't know what you could wear while we went to buy you clothes. You really can't go around Tokyo in your normal clothes. It'd attract way too much attention. The hair and markings will do enough as it is. Problem solved! Looks like she got a couple different outfits. Saves me the trouble of shopping!” She grinned as she pulled out a pair of pajama pants. They were red with little white puppy dogs on them. She fought not to laugh at the perfect irony. “And she thought of everything,” she said through giggles.
 
Sesshoumaru lifted a brow at her. “And what is that supposed to be?”
 
“They're jammie pants, for you to sleep in. And they're cute!”
 
“This Sesshoumaru does not do cute,” he muttered while looking suspiciously at the other bags. Kami knows what other embarrassing things they had yet to reveal.
 
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
 
Author's Notes:
 
So, we're in the future now, something I was waiting for. And writer's block has officially cleared up as I wrote a full chapter a night two nights in a row, and they're not little ones either.
 
A Single Spark is going to be read only for a while, possibly until January! I think everyone should donate a little something since we all use the site so much. With as many users as there are it shouldn't be difficult to raise the money they need.
 
Thanks to everyone who added me on facebook and myspace. The blog on myspace is going to be where I talk about the story, announcing new chapters, etc. It's nice to actually get to know the people behind the reviews!
 
I've decided there will be at least one lemon w/ Sango and Miroku.
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
 
Reviewer Responses: I'm going to write the ones for ASingleSpark since I didn't get them last chapter. I hope all my readers from there are able to find this on the other sites.
 
Thanks to everyone who has reviewed! I appreciate it and I'm glad you're enjoying the story!
 
ASingleSpark -
 
Sunset Love - Lucky. Did I say before that I'm from Erie? Lived there from when I was like 2 to 15. I miss it and all my friends so much. Never really made a whole lot of friends here. Not sure when the next lime will be, but I can confirm it's not in the next 2 chapters. As you can see by this chapter, yes, Sesshoumaru will be wearing modern clothes. The story I mentioned was Different Yet So Alike by Cold-Hearted Nightfox on FF.net. Oh, and I finished writing ch 57 last night. It kept me up until 3:30 but it was worth it, at least I think so.
 
Snowbird - I have made promises that Inuyasha will find happiness. I've not yet decided about Kagura. She's still got a lot of issues and she might not make it away from Naraku alive I'm looking forward to the next new moon to see just what happens with Naraku and Inuyasha. (I know, I'm the one writing it but I still get excited too)
 
Jessi - The information was in ch 54. I hope you caught it.
 
Iloveprettysilverhair - I'm glad so many people want to send cards. Destiny is going to be one happy little girl. I'll make a list of where they all came from so anyone who's curious can see, probably on myspace. I think I'm going to make a scrapbook with them for her to keep.
 
Kagome-chan - did you manage to survive to read this one? My mom seems fine at the moment. Thanks for asking. She's got 2 tests scheduled but she is beginning to think she's lactose intolerant all of a sudden. Of course it was my idea a week ago but it held no merit until she had a milkshake and was subsequently miserable. Now she acts like it was her idea! Frustrating mommy she is.
 
Qarry - Sorry to hear you're sick. From what I've heard, gallbladder issues aren't pretty. You'll have to assign someone responsible for printing new chapters if you can't sit at the computer after surgery. That's something I would do.
 
Arryelle - My favorite person right now. Thanks again for getting me to sign up at facebook. I found so many people from my school in Erie and some from school here that I lost touch with. You brought me back my friends! Damn, now I'll have to do something special for you. Maybe a double chapter day. No worries, there will definitely be far more than 100 chapters. I'm thinking of keeping it all in one title just to see how long it would be. I don't think I've ever seen one bigger than 100. That would just be fitting given how I go off on tangents at every turn. No wonder the story is so long. I just can't pass up ideas when they hit me!
 
Lester Joe - No, Kagome's father isn't someone you've seen before.
 
StephanieGENE - Glad you like it. I don't think my writing has been described as righteous before! I don't know what my next project will be. I have an idea that is poking at me constantly but it could be either a Sess or an Inu at the moment. I'm sure I could write an Inuyasha one since I've got like three started. One's even 75 pages. But I really like the Sesshoumaru pairing right now so who knows.
 
Daiyanna - Glad you're enjoying the story. Happy I can give you something to look forward to.
 
Jean - I think it was the transitional chapters that were giving me trouble to begin with. I wanted to get to something new!
 
Inupriestess - the story I was talking about was Different Yet So Alike by Cold-Hearted Nightfox on FF.net. Sess in the future is so much fun to write.
Sarah - I think that's why my story is so detailed and paced like it is. I put myself as Kagome in terms of what I would say or how I would react, but then I also look at it as a reader and try to make sure I don't skip anything people would like to read. I have read some stories that had an absolutely amazing and original storyline but they flew through so fast that it seemed like each sentence should have been at least a couple of paragraphs, hell even a whole chapter. It makes me sad to see a great idea go to waste because the author just wants to get it out or rushes through.
 
And now there won't be any ASingleSpark reviewer responses for a while since the site's locked down.
 
Mediaminer -
 
Ethereal Siren - It would be funny to see her take them both down at once, especially useful if they are fighting each other. Glad you liked the confession. I've got a surprise in store in ch 57 that you are absolutely never ever gonna see coming. If you do I'll have to ban you from thinking. I can't wait. I'm half tempted to put up 56 and 57 now too.
 
Bettychan - I'm flattered but no, I'm not a professional writer. When I was younger I always wanted to be an author, first novels, then kids books, then those tween type books. I don't know if I could write as well if I had to start from scratch. With fanfiction I have something to work off of. I'm not telling about the arm but it is entirely possible that the necklace has more than just 2 commands.
 
Kawaichan - I'm probably 3/4s done with the inside decorations after three whole days. I haven't even begun to think about outside. I hope your having a good time in mexico!
 
FF.net -
 
Iloveprettysilverhair - two responses again! Everyones going to start thinking you're a teachers pet! :-) I am having so much fun writing them in Kagome's time! When oh when are you going to post the next ch to Fancy Meeting You Here? I'm going to have to start poking you with a stick or something. I'm really interested in that one.
 
Princess Kathleen - Freeze was one I just had to put in because I have a bit of a scene in my head that refused to be ignored and depended totally on that command. Oh, to have the great demon lord on his knees at your feet, yes very nice. I got the hea on the stomach to release thing from A Sister's Gift. Its an AU but set in the past and it's pretty damn good. Rinseternalsoul I believe
 
Chibi strawberry neko - I understand the mom thing. But you're only a year younger than me! I guess I can't say anything since I live with my mommy but it's fairly obvious over here who is the dominant personality of the household and it's definitely not her. Merry Christmas to you too!
 
Vanessa1822 - I know. I'm evil sometimes. At least she isn't dead this cliffie!
 
Firefly - glad you're enjoying it. That story is actually the one I read that made me want to find more in the same theme. Still haven't found another complete one. I just loved the confused Sesshoumaru thinking he might be gay. I might have to write one myself just to get to enjoy it again!
 
Ceira - I'm really surprised how many people actually thought I might not let him through the well. But I guess I do like sticking wrenches in the works every now and then. I'm gonna miss A Single Spark this month. There are a couple stories I was following. I'll have to see if they're on other sites because I am most definitely not patient. Just ask Iloveprettysilver hair (pokes writer with stick as she falls asleep on the keyboard trying to update the story I'm reading)
 
Syoze - I never got a request for you on myspace. Don't feel bad. I liked yugioh too. But that was before the lovely tivo came to live here and I always ended up missing the next day when something exciting was happening. Got rather frustrating. 4pm was not a good time for me. Hell, I even bought cards. And sold them for a hell of a lot more than I bought them for too! Never apologize for a long review, or I might start apologizing for a long chapter! ;-)
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
 
And now I'm gonna go play on my facebook and myspace. Still figuring things out. I would love to have any of you as friends so feel free to add me and I'll add you right back!