InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The 500 Year Engagement ❯ The 500 Year Engagement - The Jaws of Life, Sex and Death ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The 500-Year Engagement
The Jaws of Life, Sex and Death
By Majicman55
 
Disclaimer: The characters from InuYasha” are not mine; they are the intellectual property of Rumiko Takahashi, Shogakukan, Yomiuri TV, Sunrise, and Viz. I do not benefit financially from these writings. I just like to play with the characters.
 
 
Darkness.
 
Well…not quite darkness.
 
She had put some of her own aura into her barrier so that it glowed to her eyes. It would also glow to InuYasha and to Sango and Miroku, who had the training to see it. Of course, InuYasha wouldn't know that she had been swallowed. She just hoped he wouldn't be too mad at her for sitting him into the seabed. But the monk and the taijiya would have seen something of what had happened.
 
She intensified the light. “Kyah!”
 
She had almost lost her concentration, and thus her barrier, when the light revealed the skull and several bones from Mr. Sato's former secretary, still dissolving in the giant shark youkai's stomach acid.
 
“Easy, Kagome. This is just like the time you were inside the stone troll…only this time you're by yourself, stuck inside a small barrier of your own making, in the belly of a giant shark youkai swimming the kamis-know-where…and you have NO idea whether or not InuYasha has an inkling of where you are.” The miko frowned. As optimistic as she always tried to be, this wasn't looking good.
 
She looked down and “eeped.” Not to mention that her swimsuit bottoms were gone and it would be really embarrassing if anyone but InuYasha rescued her.
 
“How do I get myself into these things?” She remembered what she had asked her mate to do, which had necessitated the removal of her bathing suit bottoms, and flushed. “Or out of them.”
 
 
******************
 
 
“KA-GO-MEEEEE!”
 
The hanyou was in a near panic. He had made his way to shore and, after a moment of coughing the water out of his lungs, had grabbed Tetsusaiga and started waving the transformed blade around as though he might attempt to kaze no kizu the whole ocean.
 
“Take it easy, InuYasha!” The monk jumped off Kirara as the taijiya brought the fire neko down onto the beach well behind the agitated hanyou. (Sango was taking no chances.) “My friend, if Kagome's out there, you might hit her!”
 
InuYasha's shoulders slumped. “She ain't that close.”
 
Sango rushed up to join the two men. “You mean you can still sense her, InuYasha?”
 
The hanyou transformed Tetsusaiga and sheathed the weapon. “I mean I can't sense her at all…okay?”
 
Sango looked out anxiously over the water. “You…you don't think she's dead, do you?”
 
“Feh. I'd definitely know that. She's not dead, just out of range.”
 
Kirara moved closer so she could hear what everyone was saying. It was obvious the fire cat was worried too. The flames from her feet and twin tails provided a low level of illumination.
 
“Perhaps if Kirara flew you out and over the ocean…”
 
The monk had paused when he turned to face his hanyou friend and noticed that he was clutching a small piece of brightly-colored cloth.
 
“What…is that, InuYasha?”
 
Sango turned to see what Miroku was asking about. “InuYasha? Aren't those Kagome's bathing suit bottoms?”
 
The hanyou looked down at his own hand and realized exactly what he had been clutching as if his life depended on it. “Feh.”
 
He really didn't want to explain this now.
 
 
******************
 
 
Why wasn't he feeling the power?
 
Kano swam along lazily. While he was waiting for the jewel's power to begin infusing itself into him, he mused over what he'd do next. Mr. Sato would be first to go…followed by the doxy on the boat with him. He'd use her to get Sato's taste out of his mouth.
 
He regretted that it would displace the delicious taste of the miko. Oh, yes. She had tasted good. And for some reason, eating her had left him looking for female shark youkai. A good meal followed by some lively sex. Now that would be a great night.” He was in such a good mood, he was actually considering letting Sato and the human female live for the night.
 
Absently, Kano decided that it had been long enough and that he could begin transforming back to normal shark size. He concentrated for a moment and began to shrink.
 
“I wouldn't do that if I were you.”
 
“Huh?” Kano looked around wildly. He immediately stopped his transformation. Yet there was no one around him, so where could that girl's voice have come from?
 
Could he have a guilty conscience? Could he have imagined that the unfortunate miko he had eaten was calling out from within his belly? He had never felt guilty about eating anyone before. The idea was absurd! He began to chuckle.
 
“What are you laughing at, big and ugly?”
 
Kano's eyes rolled down and backwards, as if - somehow - he'd be able to see inside of himself that way. “I'm going crazy.”
 
“So you can talk. Good.”
 
It had to be the miko. “Are you…inside…me?”
 
“Oh, come on! You're the baka who ate me.”
 
She was annoying, too. “You are…Kagome?”
 
“You know my name,” she mused. “Well, that confirms a lot of things. You're after the jewel, aren't you?”
 
Kano realized he had already revealed too much. He had the uncomfortable feeling that things might not be going his way. “Most youkai have heard of you. That was it! He would play to her vanity! “I was simply cruising along, minding my own business, when I spotted a delicious-looking morsel…”
 
“Aha! You must be able to take human form.”
 
Kano gave the shark equivalent of a sigh. “What makes you think something like that?”
 
“Only youkai who can take human form would appreciate my body.”
 
“Damn it! Gotta change the subject.” Kano spoke aloud. “Why did you say I shouldn't transform back to normal size?” He put a sneer into his voice. “Afraid of being crushed? Perhaps you wish to utter some empty threat about how your mate will avenge you.”
 
“Not at all…although InuYasha would avenge me.” There was a moment of silence. “At least he'd better!”
 
“I would have the jewel.”
 
“Aha!”
 
“Damn it!”
 
“It doesn't matter.” Kagome sighed. “If you insist on transforming back to normal shark size, your body will burst around my barrier.”
 
The threat was more intimidating, given the girl's quiet assuredness concerning the outcome. Still… “I don't believe you.”
 
“Aside from the fact that obviously I'm not dissolving in your stomach, unlike this unfortunate resting beside me, have you felt even the slightest increase in your power?”
 
Damn it again. “No.”
 
 
******************
 
 
Kirara was flying mere inches over the surface of the water. It was a chore to carry Sango, Miroku and InuYasha, but that wasn't why she was flying low. The hanyou wanted to drag a foot in the water. This would get past the weak barrier that hugged the surface and allow him to sense both Kagome and the Youkai that had attacked them.
 
After cooler heads had prevailed on the beach, Miroku had suggested that InuYasha stand in the water to see if breaking the weak barrier would help. Remarkably, it did. Miroku had stood beside InuYasha as the hanyou pinpointed the direction. Before, when the hanyou had managed to scramble to shore, he had been too distracted to sense Kagome and the youkai, despite being in the water.
 
Now they were flying towards Kagome, guided by the hanyou's foot. InuYasha indicated a slight change in course and Sango steered Kirara in that direction. “You know, InuYasha, there's something that's bothering me.”
 
“We'll catch up with her in time! We have to.”
 
“That's not it.”
 
“It's not?” InuYasha glanced at the taijiya and then back in their direction of flight…scanning the horizon for any sign.
 
“Yeah. It looked like Kagome put up a barrier just before she disappeared…and the way she disappeared…well, it looked like something swallowed her.”
 
Miroku straightened up. “You're right, Sango. That's just what it looked like to me, too.”
 
“Feh! What are you two getting at?”
 
“Well,” continued the taijiya, “it struck me that there might be many more things in this ocean that could take a bite out of you.”
 
Turning to face Sango caused InuYasha to draw his foot out of the water. As he did so, both Miroku and Kirara observed a large set of jaws closing where the hanyou's foot had been.
 
“Feh! Are you sayin' I can't defend myself against a measly fish?”
 
Kirara drew her feet up against her body. Being a fire neko, the flames didn't bother her…but she did have to use her legs to change speed and direction. Unconsciously, she started to inch upwards.
 
The monk looked worriedly at the water. “Uhhh, InuYasha?”
 
The hanyou noticed that the fire neko was creeping upwards. “Not now, Miroku. I don't have time for this!” InuYasha looked back to Kirara. “And what do you think you're doing? How do you expect me to dip my foot in the water from here? Get down there!”
 
The fire cat mewed plaintively and sank back down towards the water, being careful to pull her feet back up as she did.
 
InuYasha dipped his foot in the ocean and pointed. “That way!”
 
 
******************
 
 
“This hasn't gotten us anywhere.”
 
“Of course it has. You're in my belly, we're far underwater, and all I have to do is wait till you fall asleep and your barrier collapses.”
 
“You're despicable.”
 
“Tell you what. I'll let you back out, you drop your barrier, and I'll see if I can nip that little jewel right out of your side.” Kano smiled inwardly. “I have a pretty good aim.”
 
“Did it ever occur to you that I can control the size of my barrier?” Kagome made her barrier a little bigger. “If I wished, I could bust you wide open now.” It was something of a bluff. Naraku would have been able to do it, but Kagome - being mortal - had to be able to breathe. And increasing the volume of her barrier would render the air inside it quite thin…and that air was getting stale, anyway.
 
She had to get out soon.
 
She thought about purifying the youkai, but she would have to drop the barrier and physically touch him to do that. In the meantime, she would be soaked in stomach acid.
 
“Stop that!”
 
She perked up. The youkai was scared! “Then release me.”
 
Kano cursed to himself. He didn't want to let the miko go, but he didn't feel like being blown up from within, either. It seemed that the only way to defeat this girl would be to take her at unawares.
 
At least he hadn't let slip who he was working with (damn it…he couldn't eat Mr. Sato yet), nor had Kagome seen him. True, she knew he took the form of a shark, but she had no idea what he looked like in his human form.
 
It was also true that she could probably sense him as a youkai, even in his human form, but there were ways around that. Kano made a mental note to visit the sea youkai who maintained the barrier, then groaned as he realized Kagome had found another way to use her barrier to effect.
 
“Uncomfortable?”
 
Kano growled. “What did you do?”
 
“I just realized that my barrier doesn't have to be perfectly round. I thought it might be interesting to stretch it out to a point.” It was Kagome's turn to smile. What she had done had not massively increased the volume and, therefore, hadn't made it much harder for her to breathe.
 
And it looked like the youkai was “getting the point.”
 
“Okay! You win! Just stop that!” As soon as Kagome withdrew the point, Kano spit her out and swam away fast. “Let her figure her own way out of that.” Besides, if she died he'd get the jewel anyway.
 
 
******************
 
 
She was fortunate to have kept her barrier intact. Kagome was outside the youkai now and, given the lack of light, perceived him moving away, rather than seeing him.
 
Even more disquieting was that she found herself floating in…well, nothing. It was still night, topside. She was at some depth, although she didn't know what that was. And she couldn't be sure whether she was slowly rising or slowly sinking. She didn't have any fears about the strength of her barrier, but she could tell she was running out of good air. “InuYasha!”
 
 
******************
 
 
“Kagome!”
 
“What is it, InuYasha?” asked Miroku.
 
“It's Kagome! She's frightened!” InuYasha dipped his foot into the water again, longer this time, and pointed. “That way, and hurry!”
 
 
******************
 
 
Mr. Sato awoke from his alcoholic slumber and looked at the girl in the boat's dim night lights. “Wake up!”
 
“Hmmm?”
 
Katashi got up and stood beside the prone girl, prodding her with his foot. “I said to wake up…and stand up. I want a good look at you.”
 
By the way the girl was moving as she got up, it was obvious that she had been drinking, herself. “What happened, Mr. Sato? Did you wake up…horny?” Still topless, the girl faced Katashi and threw one arm around him. The other hand went lower. “Yeah, you did.”
 
She sank down on her knees in front of him and began loosening his swimsuit. “I can help you with that…if you help me.” She slid the suit down his legs and helped him stagger out of it. “Remember what you said about `auditioning,' Mr. Sato. All I need is a little break.”
 
 
******************
 
 
“She should be here.”
 
“Where, InuYasha?” asked Sango.
 
Miroku echoed her frustration. “I don't see anything, InuYasha!”
 
“Feh! Of course you don't. You two are weak humans!”
 
But InuYasha couldn't see Kagome, either. “Where are you?”
 
“In…InuYasha?”
 
She was close enough that she could hear his thoughts, yet he couldn't see her anywhere! That left…
 
InuYasha looked down. `Ka…Kagome?” He drew Tetsusaiga and transformed it, surprising Sango and Miroku.
 
“InuYasha?”
 
“What are you doing, InuYasha?”
 
The hanyou growled, handed Tetsusaiga to Miroku for safe-keeping, and dove into the water head first.
 
Down, he went. Deeper and deeper. “Kagome?” He could barely feel her response. He knew he was getting closer, but her response was getting weaker. It wasn't good. “You've got to help me see you!”
 
“Su-Sure.”
 
There was a dim glow ahead of him. It seemed to be sinking slowly. He put on a burst of speed and caught up with it. “Kagome!”
 
The barest smile appeared on her lips, but she didn't open her eyes. “You came for me.”
 
“Hang on for just a minute more, Kagome!” InuYasha swam just underneath the barrier and began pushing it towards the surface.
 
“But I want to hold you, InuYasha.”
 
“NO!” The hanyou swam harder, urging their way up.
 
“But, InuYashaaa…” The miko was slurring. “Why do I feel so funny, InuYasha? Did you give me too much to drink?” Kagome giggled. “Do you intend to take advvvvantage of me?”
 
InuYasha thought quickly. “Yes and, damn you, you had to get stubborn and put up a barrier!”
 
“Well, that's what you get for being ssshneaky!”
 
The hanyou smiled. His mate was nothing, if not stubborn. She would keep the barrier up as long as she could, now, and he could tell they were nearing the surface.
 
“You clever doggy. You got my p-p-panties off, already.”
 
Distracted, InuYasha looked up. Fortunately or unfortunately, the hanyou was directly beneath his mate…who had her legs apart and was using her fingers to…
 
“Is thisss what dog-boy wantsssh?”
 
“Kagome!”
 
<POP>
 
InuYasha swam up, caught Kagome and darted for the surface.
 
 
******************
 
 
“You look like you're ready, Mr. Sato.” The girl stood up and shimmied out of her bathing suit bottoms. She then eased Katashi into the special seat the boat had for deep sea fishing and even strapped him in. “Time to use your…rod…Mr. Sato.
 
Katashi looked up at her stupidly. Between the leftover effects of the alcohol and the dizzying effects of the girl's avid pursuit of her “break,” as she put it, he was in a bit of a daze. Somehow the girl had managed to strap him into the deep sea fishing chair…and she had found some purchase so she could straddle him, bent at the knees, so he had a full view of her…well, this night was looking up!
 
She writhed in front of him. He supposed she thought that he could make her beg for it…and that he would promise her anything if she would just get on with it.
 
 
******************
 
 
Kano swam lazily back to the boat. He was royally pissed off. He had managed to swallow the miko (and the jewel), yet all he had for his trouble was an empty stomach. He hadn't even gotten a decent meal out of it!
 
And as far as finding female shark youkai was concerned, he had lost the desire as soon as he had regurgitated the miko.
 
Oh…he would get her back, alright.
 
He spotted the boat. What the hell was going on? This far away, he could see well enough into the boat to tell that Mr. Sato had been strapped into the funny chair in the back. The girl was standing over him, nude, doing some kind of odd movement.
 
 
******************
 
 
It was only seconds, but it seemed like minutes, till InuYasha and Kagome broached the surface. They floated there, the hanyou holding his mate's head out of the water.
 
“Kagome? Kagome?”
 
Sango directed Kirara to hover over InuYasha and Kagome.
 
Miroku leaned down. “Is she alright, InuYasha?”
 
Kagome was beginning to stir, yet she hadn't fully recovered from the lack of oxygen. “Inu…InuYasha?”
 
InuYasha lightly slapped Kagome to bring her to full consciousness.
 
“Ssho you want it rough tonight, InuYasssha?”
 
“Kagome?”
 
Sango called down, “Is she alright?”
 
InuYasha looked up to answer, and felt a hard squeeze below his waist. “YESSS…I mean, yes, she's alright.”
 
“What are you doing down there?” Miroku had noticed the splashing that was going on around the two.
 
“Keh. Nothing.”
 
It was not nothing. InuYasha was trying desperately to get Kagome's bathing suit bottoms back on her. On the other hand, the miko, not yet fully recovered from her oxygen-deprived state, was trying equally hard to get InuYasha's bathing suit off him.
 
“What are you doing, InuYasssha? We are not getting dresshed again until you do your duty assh my mate!”
 
InuYasha felt his suit ripped off him. He looked into Kagome's eyes and gasped when he saw the red flecks in them. Apparently near death didn't keep her from transforming when she was aroused. He was even more surprised when she ripped off her own bathing suit top. “So much for that,” he thought. “She does bob nicely, though.”
 
There was an audible gasp from above and InuYasha remembered that Sango and (especially) Miroku were still up there. He looked up. “You two go ahead! We'll meet you back at the beach!”
 
“And I thought they were huge before,” mused Miroku. “Are you sure, InuYasha? It's quite a swim.”
 
“Just get going, willya?”
 
 
******************
 
 
Back on the boat, the girl had impaled herself on Katashi. “Just think, Mr. Sato. You could put this in one of your films.” She moved up and down oh him. “You could call it `The Motion of the Ocean.' What do you think, Mr. Sato?”
 
Katashi was still in a daze, but he was enjoying this. “Anything you say. You're great, baby.”
 
The girl leaned forward and seemed to think it was sexy to slap Katashi in the face with her breasts. “Or we could call it “Chick in the Sea? Huh, Mr. Sato? Huh?”
 
“That one's not so good.”
 
The girl stopped moving and stood up, still straddling Katashi, her feet still on the chair. “But you do think I should be in your movies. Right, Mr. Sato?”
 
Katashi looked up at the nude girl standing over him. Her breasts might droop…a little…but it had been SO long. “Sure, baby.”
 
The girl squealed and clapped her hands together, causing her breasts to jiggle with the motion.
 
Katashi was just thinking that the girl standing astride him actually looked pretty good, when what looked like a silver and black blur passed above him, causing him to flinch. Before he could open his eyes, there was a dull and squishy plop in his lap.
 
He opened his eyes. “Aaaiiiyeeeeeee!”
 
The girl's legs were still astride him. What was left of her had fallen into his lap…but there was nothing there above the waist.
 
Katashi sat there, gasping, as he dimly registered the splashing Kano made as he climbed into the boat.
 
“What's the matter, Mr. Sato? Didn't I leave you the part you liked?”
 
“Get it away from me!”
 
Kano shrugged, picked up the half of the girl he had left for Mr. Sato and tossed it overboard. “See you in a minute, chum.”
 
He turned to Katashi and smiled. “Waste not, want not,” he said, and dove back into the water.
 
Katashi struggled with the harness until he finally managed to release himself from the deep sea fishing chair. The first thing he did was to lean over the side of the boat and retch.
 
“Would you stop that? I'm trying to eat here!”
 
 
******************
 
 
Mr. Sato was sober again, although he didn't want to be. “I take it that you didn't get her, then.”
 
Kano sat on the opposite side of the boat. He couldn't help noticing that Mr. Sato was making it a point to stay as far away from him as possible. “It's a long story, but no.” He leaned forward, smiling. He knew that always bothered Mr. Sato. “Now you're going to help me take care of our little problem…on land this time.”
 
“Our problem?”
 
“My problem is your problem, Mr. Sato.” Kano smiled again. “Of course, there is a way it doesn't have to be your problem anymore.”
 
Mr. Sato poured himself another drink and gulped it down. “I'll help.”
 
“A wise choice. Now, we have some planning to do.”
 
 
 
A/N: It looks like this isn't over yet. Kagome as bait didn't work out, but Kano didn't kill her and get the jewel, either.
 
I wonder what school will be like on Monday.
 
As always, please read and review. Thanks! Oh, and again, more reviews = more inspiration for new chapters.