Invader Zim Fan Fiction ❯ Hanging By A Moment ❯ One-Shot

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don’t own Invader Zim or any of the songs used.

A/N: Songs used in here are "I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing" by Aerosmith, "Hanging By A Moment" by Lifehouse, and "Far Away" by Nickelback.

-----------------------------

Prom night was coming soon for the High Skool, which found most of the Juniors and Seniors in a twitter as they talked about who they were going with or what they were going to wear. Dib could have cared less and, in all actuality, did not particularly want to go, but Professor Membrane's insistence made him concede.

He had no date for himself, but he was to escort his sister, Gaz. Gaz did not have a date either, since most of the boys were too intimidated by her to consider asking. Again, it was their father that pushed for the idea, saying how it was a 'traditional rite of passage for youth' and the benefits of this type of social gathering, blah blah blah.

On the 'big night', the siblings sat together at one of the various decorated tables. Dib rested his chin in his hands while he gave a glazed over stare at the dancing couples. Beside him, Gaz, dressed in a black and dark purple dress, was focused on playing her Ultra Game Slave Advanced (the newest Game Slave release) and was seemingly oblivious to the pulsing music and hypnotic spin of the disco ball lights surrounding them. Occasionally, the light would glitter off her jeweled skull choker and hairpin.

The scythe-locked boy grumbled as he began to go cross-eyed from boredom, "Why did we even agree to come here, Gaz? Neither of us wants to be here.. I could be at home watching Mysterious Mysteries reruns.." He fiddled with the piercings in his ear idly.

"Or jacking off in your room," came her reply.

Dib went scarlet while he sputtered, trying to form words of denial. The red of his face was a stunning contrast to the dark blue of his tuxedo. He was shocked that his baby sister could have been so blunt!.. Well, not that shocked.

"Oh, please. Even you aren't 'weird' enough to never have done it. Now stop bugging me or I'll remove your dick with my bare hands and feed it to the neighbor's dogs.."

This time he paled before flushing brilliantly once more and decided that the skool sponsored refreshment table would be worth the intestinal hemorrhaging over staying nearby his volatile sister.

Nothing looked that appetizing.. or edible.. so Dib merely tried to pass time by picking at the potentially diseased riddled substances on the trays. Other students brushed by him without a second glance, even if a few of the girls would snigger to each other about the "loser" that had to bring is sister as his prom date. By the time he returned, Gaz had disappeared, but he caught sight of her sitting with a boy at another table. Dark tendrils of evil energy curled around the scowling couple while they sat, their game systems plugged into one another and both hammering away at the multicolored control buttons. Ah, dark love.

"Well, at least my reproductive organs are safe for now.."

The bespectacled teen plopped himself back into his chair, considering if he should just leave now. Sure, the big brother part of him felt guilty that he would be leaving Gaz alone, but he knew that she would be able to navigate an active battlefield alone without getting a scratch. Though, if their dad found out, Dib would probably be in plenty of trouble.

He stopped pondering the best escape routes and excuses for such an occasion when he noticed a familiar form heading through the gym doors. Dib's head snapped up in surprise, but he just watched as Zim surfed through the sea of bright pastel, ruffled dresses to find himself an empty table across the room.

"What's Zim doing here?..."

The alien did not seem to stick out much, even with his green tinted skin and magenta colored tuxedo. He sat quietly at the table, watching his fellow classmates with moderate interest. He pulled out a small PDA looking device from his ever-present pack and began jotting a few things down. It also appeared that he was pulling up stored information, in which he skimmed over and would either shake his head and scribble out, or would nod thoughtfully to and add his own comments to the side.

"Well, he doesn't seem to be hurting anyone at least.."

The music switched from a grinding rock to a slow love song and couples paired up to dance. Zim's attention seemed to focus a bit more while he took notes. Dib glanced around awkwardly as he noticed that he and his rival were the only ones not on the dance floor. Even Gaz was now dancing with her new partner, though they were both still busy playing their game in the meantime.

"Jeez, now I look even more like a loner.."

~I don't wanna close my eyes,

I don't wanna fall asleep,

'Cause I'd miss you, baby,

And I don't wanna miss a thing,

'Cause even when I dream of you,

The sweetest dream would never do,

I'd still miss you, baby,

And I don't wanna miss a thing...~

 

The romance in the air was almost smothering while boys held their partners tight and girls swooned into their chests. A few minutes later, the song ended and an upbeat pop song began playing instead. A few dancers wandered back over to the refreshment table for some punch, but most were still centered upon the floor. Dib pushed his untouched plate away.

'So Zim is here with no date either.. but that doesn't really surprise me. He looks like he's up to something with the way he's studying everyone, but why would he even care about a stupid prom anyway? He didn't seem that interested in it when they first announced it.. But, even if he tries to do anything here tonight, I'm sure Torque Smacky or one of the other football players would kick his ass.. I can't believe Zim even got dressed up! And he actually looks.... nice.. Maybe I should have asked him if he wanted to come with us.. Okay, I'm glad I'm not actually saying this stuff out loud for once, but the music is so loud in here anyway that I doubt anyone would hear. I can barely even hear myself, so I guess it's better I'm thinking this instead.'

The music in the air began to seep its influence into the teen's mental monologue. He listened half heartedly, but would notice certain lyrics that struck him as ironic while he sat contemplating his standing with Zim.

'It's been years since Zim first came here, but nothing he's done has worked so far.. Maybe Gaz was right. Maybe it wouldn't matter if I backed off some from chasing Zim since he's.. not very good at taking over the world actually.. I guess all he would really need is just some occasional monitoring. And if I do that, I could get back to working on my other paranormal investigations.. Though, the lack of attention might make Zim depressed.. But, I would miss it too if I stopped... It's just so much fun to see him get annoyed. Heh, it's become a normal routine now how we fight and bug each other... Wow. Okay.. I'm making us sound like we're an old married couple now...'

The next song started to play, interrupting Dib's thoughts.

~Desperate for changing,

Starving for truth,

I'm closer to where I started,

Chasing after you.

I'm falling even more in love with you,

Letting go of all I've held onto,

I'm standing here until you make me move,

I'm hanging by a moment here with you.

Forgetting all I'm lacking,

Completely incomplete,

I'll take your invitation,

You take all of me now...

I'm falling even more in love with you,

Letting go of all I've held onto,

I'm standing here until you make me move,

I'm hanging by a moment here with you.

I'm living for the only thing I know,

I'm running and not quite sure where to go,

And I don't know what I'm diving into,

Just hanging by a moment here with you.

There's nothing else to lose,

There's nothing else to find,

There's nothing in the world,

That can change my mind.

There is nothing else,

There is nothing else,

There is nothing else~

 

Dib froze, going wide eyed as he listened to each lyric. It sounded so much like him and his inner thoughts that it was downright eerie. Without realizing what he was doing, he looked over to Zim, staring at him intently while his mind began working overtime.

~Desperate for changing,

Starving for truth,

I'm closer to where I started,

Chasing after you....

I'm falling even more in love with you,

Letting go of all I've held onto,

I'm standing here until you make me move,

I'm hanging by a moment here with you.

I'm living for the only thing I know,

I'm running and not quite sure where to go,

And I don't know what I'm diving into,

Just hanging by a moment here with you.

Just hanging by a moment (here with you)

Hanging by a moment (here with you)

Hanging by a moment (here with you)

Hanging by a moment here with you....~

 

'No way... NO WAY... No, stop thinking that way, Dib. There's no way.. No.. Ha! Yeah! There is no way in hell you would ever be in lo--... in....'

Dib's heart fluttered a bit when he thought again. He kept denying it to himself. After all, he had sworn Zim as his mortal enemy!... But.. when he really thought hard about it, he realized that he really was being in denial. Scattered memories zipped through his mind like a fast forwarded slideshow.

There was one of the first times he had helped Zim, when the alien had begged him for assistance. There were other times, some more recent than others, but no less important. A flashback to himself nonchalantly bumping Zim out of the way in the hall when he was in danger of being trampled.. Then the time Dib had taken pity on Zim when he found the alien cowering in a cardboard box in the rain, hours after skool had let out, and had lent him his umbrella.. Then a random Valentine's Day that he had sent an anonymous card, without the hazardous meat slabs, since Zim looked a little down.. The first day of High Skool when he offered to let Zim sit at his and Gaz's table for lunch.. The first Christmas he sent Zim a gift.. The same Christmas, when Zim had grudgingly given him a gift in return and how touched Dib had felt....

'... I.. I think I've actually been falling in love with Zim...'

He sat, shell-shocked and quiet. Gaz strolled up to him, her dance partner absent.

"Cyn invited me out to Bloaty's, so I'm leaving. Just tell dad I have the super taser and hydrochloric acid pepper spray if he gets worr--.. What's up with you?" She crossed her arms in front of her while lifting a brow.

His words came slowly, "..... Gaz.... I think I just found out that I might be in love... with Zim...."

The purple haired girl was unfazed, "Well, duh.. I could have told you that one, idiot... You're obsessed with him after all and you turn into a whiny, little bitch if you don't see him at least once a day."

Hazel eyes widened as he stared at his sister, "How come you knew this and I didn't when it's me we're talking about?.. And not to mention that the one I'm talking about being in love with is Zim??"

She rolled her eyes and sighed, "Dib, I've known you were gay since I was old enough to know what 'gay' was."

"I'm not gay!"

"But you've got a hard on for Zim and always have."

"I am NOT gay!! I mean, I don't even know how alien genders work, so how do I know that Zim is considered male?... but, then there was Tak and she definitely seemed to be more of a 'female'..."

"Fine, then you're just a xenophile. Is that any better? I've wasted enough time telling you that I'm leaving. Why don't you go get cozy with your alien boyfriend before the prom is over." Without even looking back, Gaz turned and walked away to find Cyn while leaving her brother sitting in slack-jawed silence.

With cheeks flaming brightly, even in the dim light, Dib tried to gather his thoughts again. He almost had an early stroke when a familiar voice cleared its throat just behind him. Whirling around too quickly had him crashing into a jumble of chair and limbs.. He winced at the contact his rear made with the wooden floor and looked up warily past one of his elevated feet.

Zim tried to suppress a lopsided grin. "I noticed you were not 'dancing' like the rest of our fellow pig smellies.. unless that was it."

He blushed again while looking away, "Sh-shut up, Zim.."

Dib righted himself, albeit clumsily, until he was firmly seated on his chair again. The Irken helped himself to his own seat beside the teen.

"Why are you here, anyway? I thought you'd rather be off on another scheme to destroy the world."

Zim just smirked, "I could ask you the same thing, Dib stench. You look like you've been sitting at this table all night. And I noticed the Dib sister had found her own love pig, which left you and me as the only ones unpaired. This 'Prom' is about pairing, is it not?"

"Er.. well.. sort of... But, you're right, I didn't want to come, so I've been sitting here all night getting a headache from the music. My dad said that Gaz and I should come here, especially since she probably won't come next year and he wants me to make sure she's safe and-- wait, why am I telling you this at all?!?" He flailed his hands briefly as he realized what he was doing.

"Yes, yes, it all sounds magical," Zim replied in his usual distracted fashion, "But, tell me, why did you not simply find your own filthy creature of meat and hair to pair up with instead of the Dib sister?"

Dib looked away quietly, ".. Because no one would want to come with me since I'm 'crazy'."

"And if one does not have a love pig at the end of the night, how do you intend to mate? You worm babies do not reproduce asexually."

It was a good thing Dib had planted his chair as good as he did, otherwise he would have fallen over again at that statement.

"Jesus Christ, Zim! That is NOT what Prom is about!!" He held his head tightly with both hands. Maybe he should offer to sit down someday and explain things like this to the invader. If only to save himself the migraines.

Zim looked genuinely affronted by the outburst. "But if you are the one chosen as Prom king or queen, should it not be the duty as elected royalty to spawn? Most creatures seek to pass their most desirable and strongest traits to their offspring."

Dib dropped his head down to smack on the table while he groaned, "Zim.. there are so many things wrong with this logic..." He lifted his head while trying to speak calmly and counted off his fingers, "Okay, let me try and straighten this out for you. One, Prom is not some kind of mating ritual or for us to 'select a mate'. Yes, there are some people that will be having sex after Prom tonight, just like every other Prom, but that really isn't what Prom is intended for. Two, the Prom king and queen are picked because they're the most popular students, but, again, it is not so they will 'spawn'. Their only 'duties' are having their pictures taken for the yearbook. Three, I will never be picked to be Prom king since everyone hates me, but I don't really care. And, four, yes, most animals want the strongest mate so their offspring will be better equipped to survive, but this doesn't apply to humans."

Surprisingly, Zim actually seemed to be taking it all in.

"The king and queen titles of Prom are superfluous then?"

"Yes."

The green-skinned one growled angrily and cursed before he retrieved the electronic device from earlier and started scratching things out wildly.

"GRRR! This was all a waste of Zim's time! Only more reason I will enjoy causing the destruction of the filthy human race."

Once Zim was satisfied he had fixed his notes, he stuffed the gadget back into his pack and slumped with defeat in his chair. The raven-haired boy absently played with his sleeves beside him, looking deep in thought about something. The first few guitar cords began to play for the next song and couples filed out onto the dance floor, holding each other close while the romantic song played.

~This time, This place,

Misused, Mistakes,

Too long, too late,

Who was I to make you wait?

Just one chance,

Just one breath,

Just in case there's just one left,

'Cause you know, you know, you know

I love you,

I've loved you all along,

I miss you,

Been far away for far too long.

I keep dreaming you'll be with me

and you'll never go.

Stop breathing if

I don't see you anymore~

 

When it looked like Dib wasn't going to continue the conversation any further, Zim stood.

"Since there is nothing else left of interest here to me, I shall leave--"

"--Doyouwannadancewithme?!"

Zim blinked his contact-covered eyes, "..Eh?"

"I.. I, um.." Dib gave a soft cough, his cheeks going pink, "I.. I wanted to know if.. if you.. uh, wanna dance with me?.. If you don't, I'll understand, I was just curious since the Prom is almost over and neither of us has danced or anything tonight...." He continued to babble, but his words trailed off and he averted his gaze.

The invader's face was relatively blank, save for his brow lifting with a mild, curious surprise. In a moment, his features melted to a smug grin.

"Does the Dib creature wish to be paired with the almighty, Zim?.. I suppose I can grant you that request." Zim extended his gloved hand, "Come, Dib, and let us dance. Let all the other filthy dirt children be jealous that they will not be so privileged."

Dib swallowed a lump in his throat, but took Zim's hand and allowed himself to be pulled out onto the floor as well. The students closest to them looked at them with disdain and shuffled back to get away. But, no one else mattered now. The only thing Dib was focused on was his partner.

Unsure at first, Dib began to sway lamely back and forth in a pathetic attempt at dancing. Zim rolled his eyes and suddenly grabbed the teen, pulling him intimately close like the other couples around them to where Dib's head was resting against his chest. They both had grown over the years, even though the Irken was still much shorter in comparison. Zim assumed it had been the difference in gravity here on Earth that had helped him gain his new height.

"Z-Zim.. I.."

"Silence, Dib worm. No one else is talking. Enjoy dancing with Zim..."

~On my knees, I'll ask

Last chance for one last dance.

'Cause with you, I'd withstand

All of hell to hold your hand.

I'd give it all,

I'd give for us,

Give anything, but I won't give up.

'Cause you know,

you know, you know

That I love you,

I loved you all along.

And I miss you,

Been far away for far too long.

I keep dreaming you'll be with me

and you'd never go.

Stop breathing if

I don't see you anymore~

 

The more they moved together, the more Dib's body relaxed. His eyes slid closed peacefully, letting himself float away until all that remained in his world was himself and Zim. There was no Prom, there were no classmates, just the music and the feel of the body he was cradled into.

~So far away,

So far away,

Been far away for far too long.

So far away,

So far away,

Been far away for far too long.

But you know, you know, you know

I wanted,

I wanted you to stay.

'Cause I needed,

I need to hear you say,

I love you,

I loved you all along.

And I forgive you,

For being away for far too long.

So keep breathing,

'Cause I'm not leaving you anymore.

Believe it,

Hold on to me, and never let me go.

Keep breathing,

'Cause I'm not leaving you anymore.

Believe it,

Hold on to me never let me go.

Keep breathing,

Hold on to me, never let me go.

Keep breathing,

Hold on to me, never let me go....~

 

When the lyrics were nearing the end, Dib had lifted his head and looked deeply into the faux blue eyes. What felt like the first time in his life, Dib truly felt happy.

His heart beat faster.

No, he wasn't just feeling happy.. Dib was in love....

He wasn't exactly sure what compelled him to do so, but he began to lean forward. Zim watched him, his eyes softening slightly. He knew what was happening here. All that TV time with Gir hadn't amounted to nothing! Zim filled in the space between them, taking the scythe-locked boy into a gentle kiss that lasted until the very last note of the song.

It was the alien that first pulled back enough to give them a hair's width between their lips. They did not seem to want to separate all that quickly. The following song was slow as well, which only aided in their procrastination of letting go.

"I always knew you were a fag, Dib. No wonder you're so weird all the time!"

Reality came slamming back to the teen, hard. Dib pulled himself away as if he had been burnt. Several eyes glared at them with varying degrees of disgust, even if a few glimmered with slight interest at this recent revelation. With an awkward cough of embarrassment, he scuttled away in a hurry and disappeared out the exit. Zim watched him retreat with surprise then turned a menacing glare at everyone that was still staring. How dare they ruin something else that he was enjoying!

He growled, "I hope you all get an S.U.V. from rutting each other like the disgusting stink meats that you are!" (He means S.T.D.)

Zim turned on his heel angrily to storm out, leaving everyone with confused looks on their faces at his statement. As an afterthought when he reached the door, he let his spider legs free from his pack to shoot a smoking hole through the gym floor with their laser beams. He left with a triumphant smile plastered upon his face while chaos ensued behind him.

"Victory for ZIM!"

Now it was time to find his run away dance partner.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dib had sprinted as fast as his legs could carry him away, but he had no particular destination in mind. All he wanted was to be as far from his classmates' judgments as possible. He didn't stop until he found himself near his old elementary skool and a stitch in his side had him gasping to catch his breath again.

He needed somewhere to rest and think. Without really thinking, he walked into the playground and settled himself in one of the swings. The dull yellow lights around the building provided very little light, but Dib did not mind. The darkness felt more welcoming anyway. The sounds of cars were faint in the night air, but were soon overpowered by the soft squeaking of the old swing set as Dib moved himself around with the toe of his shoe.

'You were so stupid back there.. How could you have forgotten where you were?! You kissed Zim in front of everyone! ZIM!! He probably didn't even know what was happening anyway, but when he finds out, he's going to hate you again. It'll be just like it was when we first met..'

The teen heaved a sigh, his shoulders beginning to slump. Dib let his head hang while he stared at the sand he was shifting with his foot.

"Yeah, way to totally fuck up, Dib. Great going there for sure...."

"And you told me that you were not mating for Prom, but you admit to 'fucking up'. Is that not another term you humans use, Dib smell? Were you lying to me before?"

Dib jumped, absolutely scared to death at the sudden appearance, again, of the one he was hoping to avoid. He whirled his head back with a glare.

"Stop sneaking up on me like that!... And no, I wasn't lying about that, but that's not the kind of 'fuck' that I was referring to. I was talk abo-- Oh, just go away, Zim.. I really want to be alone right now...." he turned back around, staring at the ground once more.

The Irken pouted angrily while crossing his arms before his chest, "I did not come tracking you down just to be dismissed so easily. I dealt with the other foul stink beasts there myself, so let them try to oppose me again! Zim will not be denied!"

Dib was a little curious. He asked quietly, "... What did you do exactly?"

"Just blasted a hole in the floor and left them all in the smoking rubble. If they will not let Zim dance, then they shall not either!" Zim gave a cackle of victory.

Even if he did not want to admit it, it brought a grin to the boy's face and he chuckled softly at the thought. A pair of boots came into his view and he lifted his head, looking up at Zim. The alien bent down to lower himself to Dib's face and seemed to be considering something. Carefully, he reached up, removed Dib’s glasses from his face, and took a good look at the teen. He drew almost uncomfortably close.

"Your eyes don't go squinchy this way. I don't want to see the Dib's eyes squinchy right now."

Dib felt his face beginning to color softly again as he looked back at Zim. He hoped that it was Zim's attempt at a compliment.

"B-be careful with my glasses.. I can't see without them and I don't have any spares with me."

"Yes, yes, I will not hurt your eyeball glass, Dib worm.. Here," he sat them on top of Dib's head. "They are returned safely."

Plucking his glasses from atop his head, he slipped them back on his face and let his fingers run over his piercings nervously before grasping the swing chains again.

"Thanks."

Zim, however, had not pulled away. He was still invading the boy's personal space rather intimately, but Dib could not move any farther back or risk falling off the swing. He was studying Dib's face silently. Dib was starting to feel awkward and shifted some in his seat.

"Um.. Did you want something else?"

"You don't look like a cigarette."

".. Excuse me?" he blinked in confusion.

"One of the meat children said you were a 'fag', but you don't look like a cigarette to Zim. I heard them say once on the television that 'fag' meant cigarette."

Dib's brows knotted together as he frowned some, "That's just in England.. They weren't calling me a cigarette, Zim. They were saying I was a 'faggot'; that I was gay."

"Gay?" Zim repeated.

"Yeah. You know, homosexual. In other words, that I like other guys." He was really feeling uncomfortable talking about this with the other so close. If Zim got upset, there was no way for Dib to get away fast enough.

Zim just seemed to ponder over this a moment, "And does the Dib 'like other guys'? I still fail to see why you are upset."

The raven-haired teen blushed and looked away, "That's kinda personal, Zim.. But you should know that being 'gay' tends to be looked down on by other people. I liked it before when everyone just ignored me because they thought I was weird, but now they're all going to be staring at me like I have some sort of disease."

"Then you are 'gay', Dib smell?" Zim only shrugged, "It makes no difference to Zim. We Irkens do not worry ourselves over pointless things like that. Mates are taken occasionally that are 'gay', as you call it, but we do not spend time bickering about it."

A weight began to lift from Dib's shoulders, "So.. if I told you that I was, you wouldn't care?"

"I just said so. Or are your ears too small for your big head for you to hear properly?" He poked the boy in the forehead with a finger.

Dib swatted at the digit, "Cut it out.. And my head's not big."

The mood had definitely lightened at last. The teen was feeling much more relaxed now and even had a slight smile on his face. Zim tilted his head to the side and drew closer, once again bringing that uncomfortable feeling.

"You know, Zim, I have my glasses back on, so you don't have to get so close.”

"Zim is the only one you have expressed affections to, so it is I that you have hoped would become your love pig. Am I right?"

Dib blushed harder, which only caused the invader to grin smugly and cup Dib's chin in his hand. Tilting Dib's face up, Zim moved in.

He spoke softly, still grinning, "Zim accepts," and took the other into an intimate kiss.

A tingle of pleasure ran down Dib's spine as he kissed back. It was evident from the get-go that this was not going to be a small, chaste kiss from Zim. The alien's snake-like tongue ran along the crease of Dib's mouth, insisting entry, to which the boy complied. The moment lips were parted, Dib found his mouth conquered. The agile tongue explored every inch, mapping out the wet cavern and claiming it for Zim's own. A shiver coursed through his body when Zim began playing with his tongue stud. All too soon for Dib, Zim pulled away and stood as if nothing had happened while Dib panted for breath in a slight daze.

"Come, Dib worm. I'm afraid of what Gir will do if I leave him alone for much longer." Zim grabbed Dib's tuxedo sleeve and gave it a tug to urge him to his feet.

"... You want me to come over?"

"Unless you want to stay all alone here in the dark."

Considering his options, Dib decided to go with Zim.

They walked beside one another towards the odd, green house that Zim called home and found Gir inside happily slurping away on a Mega Suck Monkey while he watched TV on the couch. He made a happy sound at seeing his master and waved at them both.

"Master! You're back!" He leapt up and jumped to land in front of them.

"Yes, Gir. The human 'Prom' was a disappointment and a failure to my plans."

The robot's cyan eyes looked back and forth between Zim and Dib before he smiled excitedly, "Did you do the TV things with Dib? Did you, master?"

Dib's brow rose slightly, "TV things?"

"Uh huh! See, I'm watching right now!" Gir yanked Dib further into the room and pointed proudly towards the television screen.

Much to Dib's horror, he found that the SIR unit had been watching some rather hardcore pornography as if it were an everyday thing. His jaw dropped in shock, but all he could do was stare, suddenly transfixed by the writhing, nude figures on the screen.

"You've been watching PORN??? No wonder you didn't know what happened at a prom!"

Zim looked a little put off and simply walked over to sit on the couch. Gir toddled over and sat on the opposite end, going back to his drink.

"You're in the way, Dib worm."

Still stunned, Dib wandered over stupidly and sat himself between the other two. He was quiet while they all watched. Dib's blush only grew until he could feel his ears starting to turn red as well. How Zim could sit there unaffected was almost beyond him. It soon grew too awkward to take and Dib stood again.

"Um, I appreciate that you invited me over and all, Zim, but.. uh.. I don't think I can stay here watching porn with you any longer. Why don't I just head back home and I'll see you later, okay?"

Zim shrugged and stood himself, "If that is what you want.. Gir! Guard the house while I'm gone. I'm taking the Dib creature home."

Gir's lights turned red briefly as he saluted, "Yes, sir!" He promptly went back to watching TV.

"Oh, Zim, um, you don't have to do that. I'm fine walking home by myself.."

Taking Dib's hand, the Irken pulled him out the door, "Zim said he was taking you, so he is. That is what a love pig does, isn't it?"

"Um.. okay.. Do you mean a 'boyfriend' though?.."

"If that is the proper term, then yes. We shared mouth fluids, so doesn't that make us, as they say, 'more than just friends'?"

Dib felt his heart flutter again. He already knew Zim did not care about his sexual preferences, but was he ready to call him his 'boyfriend'? It might be safe enough. And it seemed that Zim would defend him against any would-be bashing by their classmates.

He smiled slightly, watching the ground ahead of them, "Yeah.. I guess we're boyfriends then."

Dib squeezed Zim's hand slightly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dib decided to return the favor and invited Zim in when they reached his house. Luckily, Professor Membrane was not at home, or Dib might have had to explain how Gaz was no longer with him. And speaking of his sister, she was missing as well.

"Um.. make yourself at home." He wanted to be hospitable and offer something to eat or drink, but knew it was probably pointless since Zim was allergic. "I'm gonna go change." Dib started for the stairs then looked back, " Do you want to borrow a shirt or something to wear? It has to be more comfortable than wearing that tux."

To his surprise, the other just followed him to his room. Dib assumed that Zim been interested in the offer of wearing some of his old clothes, so he did not protest the company.

He pointed to his closet, "You can wear whatever you want in there. It might be a little big on you though."

Wanting to give Zim a little privacy, Dib turned away to face his bed. His favorite shirt lay there waiting for him. Trying to keep his tuxedo from being too wrinkled, he was careful in removing it and laying it over the back of his desk chair to hang up later. He toed his dress shoes off and kicked them to the side then shimmied out of his slacks to leave him in only his socks and boxers. Dib grabbed his shirt and got ready to slip it on when two warm hands grasped his sides and caused him to let out a soft yelp of surprise.

"What did I tell you about sneaking up on me?!.. Jeez.. I'm going to have a heart attack at this rate."

The protest didn't stop Zim. Instead, his hands moved to waistband of Dib's boxers where he slipped his fingers inside and began to pull the fabric down. It had barely gone a quarter inch before the boy grabbed onto his underwear tightly, trying to save some dignity. He could not look back over his shoulder very well without losing his hold.

"What the hell are you doing??"

Zim replied matter-of-factly, "We can't have sex with your clothes in the way."

Hazel eyes goggled while his face became instantly inflamed, "Who said anything about having sex?!?!"

The Irken had yet to let go of Dib's boxers. In fact, he was locked in a firm tug-of-war while he spoke, "That is what a 'boyfriend' does. You invited Zim over to your house, brought me to your bedroom, removed your clothes.. These are all human mating rituals! We are to mate here then later we share breakfast while we say how 'amazing last night was'!"

Dib began mentally making plans to sneak into Zim's house so he could block those channels....

"You have been watching way too many bad pornos. That's not how people act in real-- would you let go of my underwear?!"

He was fighting a losing battle. While Dib managed to keep most of the material up in front, Zim's tugging had left his backside exposed. With a loud ripping sound, the war was over with Zim the victor. The shredded remains of the teen's boxers pooled at his feet while he cupped his hands over his genitals for modesty.

Dib jumped away and turned, ready to give quite the earful, but it was then that he noticed Zim had completely stripped as well. His pack remained, for obvious reasons, but even the black gloves were missing. All thoughts of screaming at the alien were gone since he was too shocked to form a sentence.

Zim's body was slender, hardly any muscles to really be seen on his lithe frame. The most noticeable thing, however, was the lack of obvious sex organs. Dib stared at the juncture between the other's legs and let his jaw fall slack.

"You don't have a penis!" he blurted out.

Magenta eyes narrowed slightly, Zim having removed his contacts and wig as well, as he stared at the gaping boy. "Irkens' sex organs are kept within our bodies until they are needed. There is less chance of possible damage when they are kept safe internally."

Curiosity may have been tickling at the back of his mind, but the dark-haired youth was still well aware that this was a situation that needed to be diffused carefully. He tried backing away as Zim began to approach, but only bumped into his bed and plopped down on his rear. Zim leaned in close, just as he did at the schoolyard, and flickered his tongue around the outer shell of his ear, lingering on each piercing before moving to the next.

Curse the invader for finding his weak spot so easily! Dib's eyes slid closed as he felt a shiver of pleasure run through him. His cock perked in interest, beginning to make it difficult to keep himself decent. One of Zim's hands roamed over his chest to fondle his rosy nipples and tease them to pebble hardness, drawing a moan from his lips.

"Ngh.. Zim.."

Zim seemed to be finding all of Dib's hot spots and it was not long before Dib could no longer cover is obvious arousal. A hand from his chest dipped down trace along the exposed part of his length, causing him to arch his back in a cry while grabbing the sheets beneath him.

"You don't look like you are protesting much anymore, Dib worm," Zim spoke into his ear, grinning.

He took a hold of Dib's chin again to share a lusty kiss like before. With his resolve slowly disappearing, the boy returned the kiss hungrily and let himself be maneuvered back upon his bed. When Zim pulled away, Dib was panting for air and watching as the Irken reached between his own legs to part a hidden slit.

"A-are you sure you want to do this?.. I'm not going to, ya know, get you pregnant or something weird like that, right?"

Zim gave him an odd look of confusion, "You will not impregnate me."

Dib felt better... until he saw the alien's engorged penis emerge from its hidden sheath and Zim pushed his legs apart.

"Whoa, wait a minute!" he sputtered. "Why do I have to be the bottom?"

"Because Zim says so."

Zim left little room for objection when he brought his thin fingers to the teen's entrance and worked a single, lubricated digit inside. Dib's body arched off the bed with a gasp. His immediate response was to clench around the intruder, but the finger continued. He wondered where the lubrication came from until he noticed the clear liquid oozing from the tip of the purplish member.

So far, the biggest thing Dib had ever had inside of him was the now two fingers feeling around. Zim's penis was thicker than the digits with pearl shaped bumps that lined the base of the head. The head itself was blunt, resembling a human's, but with small bumps and ridges running all along the shaft down to the thicker base.

The boy squirmed and panted, utterly at the other's mercy while Zim fingered him. Something was brushed deep inside him that caused stars to flare behind his eyes. He couldn't silence the cry of pleasure that ripped from his throat, but it only urged Zim on.

"I think you're ready to receive Zim now."

Fingers slipped free and the invader shifted, nestling himself between Dib's thighs and butting the trickling head of his penis against the loosened opening. He took some care in making sure to spread his natural lubricant all over, as it would greatly ease in the penetration.

Dib whimpered, closing his eyes and biting his lower lip with nervous anticipation. He was anxious and he could feel his adrenaline rising when pressure started at his entryway. Keeping a firm hold upon his partner's waist, Zim pushed harder until the tip finally breeched and Dib made a gasp. When he tried to continue, Dib started to writhe.

"Ow, stop.. No.. It's too big."

Zim’s antennae were laying flat against the back of his head with the tips twitching occasionally. He looked a little miffed at being interrupted, but there was little he could do since the muscles surrounding him were tense and allowed little movement. Leaning down to draw the other into a hungry kiss, he felt the body beneath him starting to relax. Zim let his tongue trail from the corner of Dib's mouth back up to his ear so he could lick at the piercings once more and draw out a mewl of pleasure. Once he was satisfied the teen was relaxed, he whispered into his ear.

"Prepare yourself, Dib beast..."

With that only warning, Zim thrust himself home, deep into Dib's tunnel. Dib's back bowed and his jaw fell wide open with a silent scream at the sudden intrusion. His muscles grew tight again in surprise, but thankfully, Zim did not move. In fact, he seemed to be struggling himself with the new sensation. From inside Dib, the alien member pulsed and pumped out a bit more lubrication.

It was a few moments before Zim felt the boy was accustomed enough and began rocking his hips. Dib's eyes had fallen shut while he moaned softly in pleasure. Each little bump on the alien's penis massaged his inner walls and brushed his pleasure spot pleasantly with every thrust.

The dark-haired teen whimpered, "Ngh.. Zim... This is so wrong... Ohh, but it feels so good... Don't stop.."

If Zim were a cat, he would have been purring by now. He wasn't sure he had ever felt something as wonderful as the tight, hot body that he was currently buried deep inside. Grasping the back of his lover's knees, he lifted the legs back and leaned over, driving himself deeper into the welcoming snugness.

Dib bit at his lower lip, his entire face screwed up in ecstasy, as he tried to keep himself from making too much noise. Whimpered moans and muffled cries continued to escape, with the occasional soft grunt from Zim. The teen's skin grew flushed and a fine sheen of sweat began to bead along his brow. He failed to notice that even the other was starting to sweat lightly while they moved together on the bed.

A shift of position drew a surprised, shrill cry from Dib when his prostate was struck directly. One of the alien antenna gave a twitch and Zim began working his thrusts more deliberately. He was actively seeking to strike that area each time and receive those beautiful cries as a reward. Dib threw his arms around Zim's back, clutching him tightly in the throes of passion.

It was a good thing no one else was home since Dib was becoming very vocal and calling out Zim's name the longer they went. The teen felt his testicles starting to grow tight and pull towards his body, signaling his impending release.

"Ah!.. Zim!.. Please! More!..." His voice grew breathy, ".. Almost there...."

The bed creaked and groaned in protest to their efforts, but that did not stop them. Zim bent his head down, concentrating on thrusting his hips as he too neared his end. Another jab to the boy's prostate made Dib screech loudly.

"Stop yelling into my antenna, Dib stink!" he growled.

A final strike was all it took and Dib dug his fingers into his partner's green flesh. He threw his head back, screaming the alien's name into the night so loudly that Zim swore even the Massive could hear it. Milky semen shot forth, painting their bellies, as Dib continued to ride the waves of climax.

The body surrounding the Irken grew impossibly tighter with its spasming and brought Zim to his finish as well. He balled his fists in the boy's sheets and pressed himself as deep as he could get before letting himself go. Dib felt molten heat filling him as Zim's member pumped the alien's essence within his body.

Dib's body went slack as he tried to catch his breath. Zim stayed tense for a few seconds longer, letting his seed empty completely into his bedmate before he removed himself and collapsed. He tried to move off to one side, but most of his body still lay across Dib's, which the teen had 'oof!'ed to the added weight.

The invader recovered first, with help from his pack. Dib, however, was exhausted. He wasn't used to such a strenuous activity and, before long, had drifted off to sleep. Zim did not need sleep, but had little desire to leave the human's bed. Instead, he opted for getting comfortable under the covers and shutting his eyes while simply listening to the soft, steady sounds of Dib's breathing, but not before removing the boy's glasses as an afterthought.

The warm body beside him turned and cuddled close to him. Dib gave a contented sigh in his sleep as he snuggled and Zim only grinned to himself.

He whispered, "Sleep well, Dib."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning, Gaz threw her brother's bedroom door open with a slam, "Get up, Dib, it's almost noon!"

Dib shot up in surprise, momentarily forgetting everything that had happened last night. He searched around for his glasses, finally finding them and slipping them on with shaky hands. His sister was staring at him with a raised brow.

".. Wha?"

"Are you sleeping naked?.."

Beside him, the covers moved and Zim's head poked out to reveal him grinning as he caught eyes with Gaz.

"Yes he is, Dib sister. Now, be a good little worm baby and leave us alone."

Dib's face went instantly red, but before he could come up with some sort of excuse, Gaz cut him off, "If I hear you guys in my room, you're going to be sorry..." She grabbed the door handle, about to pull it closed, "And Dad's downstairs in the lab. You might want to clean up before you talk to him. He said the neighbors called him last night about the screaming."

The door clicked shut and Dib dropped his face in his hands with a soft groan.

"So, Dib worm... Shall we start talking about how amazing Zim was last night after we talk with the Dib father? Or are you, as they say, good for another round?"

"Zim.. Seriously... no more TV for you...."

Fin