Katekyo Hitman Reborn! Fan Fiction / Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Crests of the Sky ❯ A Brewing Storm :: Hayato Gokudera ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The last thing that Hayato Gokudera remembered was the computer screen he was at getting extremely bright. He knew one thing for sure though, he had been at a library just moments ago. Not a forest with randomly placed street signs all over the place. Sitting up the silver haired teen groaned, swore, and put a hand to his head all at the same time.
His head was killing him!
“It's about time you woke up~” Gokudera jumped in surprise at the voice.
“What the fuck?!” He exclaimed looking down at a small animal that reminded him of a puppy with a strange collar.
“That's not very polite you know.” A little girl's voice made Gokudera look to his left where there was a girl that looked about ten years old. She was in a pink dress with a blue cape, gloves, knee high boots, and matching hat with a pink star on it. Long dark brown hair hung freely behind her, and she had carmel brown eyes on her soft slightly pale childish face.
Gokudera scoffed and turned his attention back to the puppy. “What are you, some sort of dog?” He asked examining the dog like creature. The little girl behind him was forgotten.
“I'm Salamon! It's nice to meet you partner.” The little creature said.
Gokudera frowned, and started mumbling to him self as he picked up the Salamon. “UMA? I've never heard of this kind before...” Giggled form the little girl made him stop and scowl at her. “What do you want kid?” He asked obviously irritated.
“I-It' not an UMA, what ever that is. Salamon is a digimon!” She said as she stopped giggling. She grinned and held out one of her gloved hands, in it was a strange electronic and some sort of ring.
“Welcome to the digital world Hayato Gokudera, these are yours.” She said. Biting her lip in hesitation she shoved the things into his hands. “Big sister would be proud of you.” She said before she ran away.
Gokudera made a face, “Weird kid...” He muttered before looking at the things she had shoved into his hands. “What the hell is this?” He asked looking at the electronic.
--- --- ---
--- --- ---
Sitting at the base of a tree right in front of a flower field Alice seemed to be waiting for someone. Her legs were drawn up to her chest, her pink dress held modestly over them, and her arms crossed to keep them there as she stared at what seemed to be a grave stone. To her left Renamon stood, leaning against the tree waiting patiently for her tamer.
Alice's digivice started beeping, and the girl only brought her knees closer to her chest, resting her chin on them. Renamon stood up straight as another digimon came to stand beside her, D'Arcmon exchanged a silent greeting with the fix digimon before both took a place against the tree.
G walked up to Alice hands stuffed into his pockets lazily surprisingly he wasn't smoking at the moment. Once he got tired of waiting for the little girl to say something he sighed, glancing at the grave stone that read “Gokudera” before he gently pulled Alice to her feet.
“Where's the new kid?” G asked mildly with a raised brow.
“In the forest of useless road signs.” Alice replied looking up at G. “It's Hayato.” She added making the red head tense a little before he ran a hand through his hair.
“Shit, I need a smoke...” G mumbled though he didn't reach for one. Giotto had taken his pack away earlier which meant he's have to steal it back later form his friend. “Think he's still there?” G asked the girl. Alice nodded a yes.
“Alright, I'll make sure his info gets into the system at least. If it's not there already...” G grumbled before he walked off.
Alice blinked and chased after him grabbing G's hand when she caught up, Renamon and D'Arcmon bring up the rear as they spoke quietly to each other.
It was going to be a long day...
--- --- ---
--- --- ---
Hayato Gokudera was not where he had woken up, in fact once he had clipped the strange device onto his belt, and put the ring he had been given on a finger the silver haired boy picked up the little Salamon and walked off.
Both agreed it would be a good idea to find other people, and after what felt like hours they still hadn't found anyone. It wasn't like Gokudera was in a hurry to get home or anything, it was quite the opposite being that the young man had ran away when he was eight. He just wanted to know where the hell he was!
That strange little girl had called this place the Digital World before she got weirder and ran off. The UMA digimon thing wasn't much help either, because it knew about as much as Gokudera did. From the looks of things he wasn't going to find a city or town any time soon either.
Hayato Gokudera was starting to get the feeling that this was going to be a long day.