Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction / Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ G.h.o.s.t. O.f. L.o.v.e. ❯ You Found Me ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ghost of Love
Chapter 2: You Found Me
 
I gasp for breath that I don't need as someone goes through me. As I regain my ghostly form I watch in amazement as Cloud is drug out of the deep pond. I turn to the sensitive the second they're both on solid ground.
 
“Is he alive?”
 
He checks his pulse, “No but not for long.”
 
I hover above them as he tries to work a miracle on Cloud. My love's frame wracks with coughs as he spits up water.
 
“W-Who are you?”
 
“Squall Leonhart an under appreciated sensitive at your service.” he states as he helps Cloud to his feet.
 
The blond staggers but is easily caught by Squall. “Thank you for saving me but I didn't want to be.”
 
“I know…that's why I did it. But I do know someone who would be sad if you did.”
 
Cloud quirks an eyebrow, probably expecting to the boy to name himself, “And who would that be?”
 
Squall doesn't hesitate to answer but anyone could clearly see he didn't want to say it, “Zack.”
 
“How do you-”
 
Cloud probably doesn't even know what a sensitive is. He never was one to be into the paranormal/supernatural.
 
“Everyone knows Officer Fair, do they not?”
 
Cloud frowns, almost as if he's disappointed. “Oh…that's right.”
 
“Ask him why he did it.”
 
“So…Cloud, why'd you do it?”
 
“Because I'm all…alone now…” Cloud tilts his head up from its resting place on Squall's shoulder. “What about you? That is since you know all about me.”

A light blush tints Squall's cheeks as they sit down on the grass.
 
“Are you alone?”
 
“No, not at all, I have my brother Sora and…you.”
 
“M-Me…?”
 
“Well you need someone right?” he says rather quickly and Cloud merely nods.
 
I've got to get my plan in motion already. It's like he's forgotten I'm even here.
 
I kneel down beside Cloud and grin, “Ask him Cloud, go on I know you want to do it.”
 
“Do you have a place to stay?”
 
Squall's eyes widen at both my manipulation and at the question. However he recovers quickly, “Well…I'm not sure. My brother is staying with his boyfriend until I can find us somewhere.”
 
Come on Cloud keep it going man. I need him to stay in Midgar so I can help you.
 
“Why don't you stay with me till you can get on your feet. I have a large house, it'll be fine.”
 
“B-But I'm only 17 so I'm-”
 
“Just forget it. You're coming home with me.”
 
As Cloud drags Squall away I can't help this feeling.
 
The feeling of Cloud's desperation…Of Squall's hidden devotion to help…The feeling of foreboding crashing over me. I know that something heartbreaking is going to happen but all I can do is try to warn the ones I can. Worse than gloom is helplessness…which is why I need to step up my game. I have a mission and I will accomplish it…If not for my own soul…then for Cloud's.
 
Cloud helps Squall up into the guest room. The teenager only had two suitcases and a couple pairs of boots to grab. He must have lived in Lower Midgar. After he had set the bags aside and my once husband began fixing dinner downstairs, I sit down on the bed.
 
“Did you move to Upper Midgar?”
 
The brunet shakes his head, “No but my dad was in a car accident up here. He was all we had. The hospital bill went to me and I knew it wouldn't get paid.”
 
“I'm sorry Squall I wish I could say that I didn't know life down there was that bad, but I'd be lying. I grew up down there till…my parents were murdered. I've only told Cloud and Angeal. I moved up here to live with my best friend Angeal and that's how I met Cloud. Ever since I saw the crime I knew I wanted to stop it. I didn't get a chance.”
 
Squall bows his head. I can tell he wants to say something. I just don't know if he will. I know it's hard. He slowly lifts his head and absentmindedly runs his index finger down the length of his scar.
 
“You did get an opportunity and I thank you for it.”
 
“What are you talking about. Come on tell me!”
 
“Ten years ago my mother was murdered by a petty criminal. He must have been watching us because he knew when to break in and where to go, since my dad worked. Once I got older I found out that he had raped her first. But I woke up too late and went to go check on her. I found her lying in a pool of her own blood on the kitchen floor.”
 
He takes a rugged breath. His throat constricting with an forced back sob.
 
“I didn't see Sora behind me. So when the man came at me with the pocket-knife I had wanted to back up. Instead I ran into Sora and he gave me this scar. Everything after that is a blur. I remember running behind Sora as he lead me because of the slash. I probably passed out at one point because I know that I awoke in someone's arms.
 
“Sora had laid me in the park so he could get help I remember that you were a volunteer then. You don't remember Sora but he does you. Zack you're his hero.”
 
“But…that doesn't answer who you were with.”
 
Squall laughs bitterly, “I thought he was an angel at first. What with his appearance and all. I'm forever grateful to him because that day, Cloud saved my life.”
 
I guess when you die not all memories stay vivid. Now that he mentions it…I recall it all too well. That scared little brunet…I carried him all the way to his house where I killed that man.
 
“Cloud visited me for weeks and never once did he ask my name. The doctors didn't know why I wouldn't talk. The last day I was there he told me to be strong even though he was only thirteen. I told him I loved him and he said it back. But when you came in and kissed him…I knew even at seven that my angel would never be mine.”
 
That's right! I did go there to pick Cloud up for our third date. We had fallen in love instantly. I never knew any of this. I actually…feel guilty.
 
A few minutes pass when Cloud walks in with a grim look on his countenance. “Dinner's ready if you want to eat.” Squall follows him without another word.
 
Cloud never told me about the boy he had been taking care of. Since he volunteered at the hospital I guess it didn't matter. That was his safety zone and I had mine.