Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Hidden Beauty ❯ Morning ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Hidden Beauty.
 
Author: Namassuki.
 
Genre: Romance, Humor, Angst.
 
Rating: PG-13.
 
Chapter 2:Morning.
 
 
Day: Sunday.
 
 
“Morning Riku!” A very wide grin was the very first thing he saw after he opened his eyes slowly when his body was roughly being shook. He blinked for a couple of times before he groaned and pushed Tidus's face out of his view. He sat up only to wince when he felt backache. He hissed and noticed he had sleeping in Tidus's house overnight on the floor with no one around him.
 
 
“Where's everyone?” Riku asked. `I thought it's Sunday…'
 
 
“Oh, Zell and Irvine have to go to the auditorium to decorate for the upcoming Junior and Seniors High School and College Dance Ball. Kairi and Selphie had to go to Baked Cake to choose some cookies for the upcoming ball. Leon had to clean his car at his house because Cloud had somehow collided yet another streetlamp last night and Wakka have to practice his Blitzball,” replied Tidus.
 
 
“Great. And I was left alone with you,” Riku said, groaning.
 
 
“What? You don't like me? Just say it, I won't mad,” Tidus said, grinning. Riku snorted. “Anyway, since it's Sunday today and no school and also that no one is around us, how about accompanying me to next door?” Tidus asked. Riku stared at him, giving him are-you-saying-we-are-going-to-see-that-alien-boy-look. Tidus frowned, hands at his hip in motherly. “I force you.”
 
 
“Sigh…I don't have any choice, do I?” Riku said. Tidus grinned and eagerly nodded.
 
 
“Then, take a bath, change cloth, take some breakfast and we'll depart,” Tidus said. Riku groggily get his butt off the floor and sleepily walked towards the bathroom. It took him only five minutes to take a shower yet he still had a nice fragrant emanating from his body as he left the bathroom that somehow caught Tidus's attention. “Hmm? Is that Lavender?”
 
 
“Yes,” replied Riku.
 
 
“Boy, I never thought you like Lavender,” Tidus said. “I thought you like Apple.”
 
 
“Just a month ago,” Riku said as he sat down on the chair opposite of Tidus and whatever being served to him. He wasn't really paying attention to what Tidus rambling about before him while he was eating his breakfast and sipped a cup of coffee until one certain name caught his attention.
 
 
“I hope Sora won't mad at Zell. I mean, I know Zell didn't really mean it but honestly that guy, can't he at least zip up his mean mouth sometimes?” Tidus grunted, chewing the bread with jam he made.
 
 
“You have been rambling about Sora since last night, Tidus. Aren't you tired?” Riku asked. Indeed, ever since Sora left the party last night, Tidus kept talking about Sora whether the boy will forgive him or not or whether the boy will lend him games anymore or not that Riku fell asleep during his rambling.
 
 
“Nope, will never tire. Sora's a nice guy, Riku. He may look…weird in Zell's term but he's kind of cute too,” Tidus said. Riku made a face. Sora? Cute? He can't imagine that with that big, thick glasses and that very exposed braces over his teeth every time he smiled. Somehow, thinking about it made Riku laid down the half-eaten bread on the plate and decided to drink his coffee.
 
 
“Really…?”
 
 
“Don't give me that tone and look, Riku. I know you're thinking `How come a guy with that thick glasses and braces can be cute? He's probably from outer space!' So you better stop because you'll regret sooner or later,” Tidus said, glaring.
 
 
“Whatever,” Riku said, waving his hand sarcastically. Tidus humped and cleaned up the table before he washed the dishes. Riku took his jacket out of his bag he brought along last night and put it over his body, making him looking ever so amazing and cool and handsome plus charming every girl could dream of. He sat down on the coach, waiting for Tidus to finish. Once Tidus walked downstairs with the game Sora brought, he grinned.
 
 
“Let's go.”
 
 
--------------------------------
 
 
Riku watched and listened as Tidus pressed the bell and a loud complete MP3 Simple and Clean song by Utaka Hikaru rang from within the house. Riku arched his eyebrow at grinning Tidus who back and forth on his toes, waiting for the door to come. “He really likes Utaka Hikaru,” Tidus said.
 
 
“Tell me about it,” Riku said, snort. Then they heard a fast footsteps from inside followed by a sound of door unlock and it opened halfway when a head poked out. Riku stared as Sora who wasn't wearing his thick glasses looked at them intently, narrowing his blue eyes before he gasped and opened the door wide.
 
 
“T-Tidus, Riku, come in,” Sora shyly stepped aside as Tidus and Riku entered Sora's house and closed the door behind. Riku surveyed Sora's living room for a while before he decided to look at Sora again where he found the young boy had put on his thick, large glasses back, disappointing Riku who wanted to see Sora close-up without wearing any glasses.
 
 
“Hey, is your dad home?” Tidus asked.
 
 
“No, he went to work,” Sora replied, entering the kitchen that had the same layout as Tidus's house since they were living in identical house neighborhood. While Tidus and Riku sat down on the pink sofa, Sora returned with a tray of two cups of hot chocolate and gave it to both of them. “Um…I'm sorry for leaving…last night,” Sora said.
 
 
“Oh, no, it's okay. Actually I wanted to return back the game,” Tidus said, handing the box of Sky Diving to Sora who then put it aside next to him. “And also…I hope you're not mad at Zell about what he said last night…” Tidus smiled apologetically. Riku watched, as well as imagining, as Sora shook his head and smiled, hiding his braces.
 
 
“It's okay. Actually my phone vibrated last night. My dad told me to go home before he locked the door,” Sora said, blushing. “I don't really mind of what he said anyway…”
 
 
“Well, that's good,” Riku said, instinctively. Sora looked at him with wide blue eyes, thanks to the glasses. “Because Tidus here kept rambling of how he was afraid you might don't want to be his friend anymore. Luckily I can still sleep despite his loud mouth,” Riku said.
 
 
“Hey!” Tidus blushed.
 
 
“I'm sorry. I don't really mean to leave last night,” Sora said.
 
 
“Nah, it's okay. Besides, I'm sure Zell probably guilty right now. Hah! Let him feel it!” exclaimed Tidus, laughing. Riku snorted, he looked at Sora who happened to be staring at him but blushed red and bowed in embarrassment when he met his eyes. Riku arched his eyebrow.
 
 
`I know I'm handsome but can't he just say it instead of staring at me?' thought Riku.
 
 
“Anyway Sora, next week there will be Dance Ball at our auditorium with your school next door, right?” Tidus asked.
 
 
“Yes. Seniors of High School will have a dance with seniors from College,” replied Sora.
 
 
“Yeah, that's us from College. So, are you coming?” Tidus asked, grinning.
 
 
“Um…I-I don't know…” Sora said, blushing.
 
 
“Come on Sora. You should come! It's going to be a blast! I promise you!” Tidus said.
 
 
“I-I don't have partner…” Sora said, blushing redder than before.
 
 
“You know we don't really need a partner to go the party,” Riku said and got nudged. Riku glared at glaring Tidus who then grinned wide at blushing-redder-than-before Sora.
 
 
“Don't mind him, Sora. I can go to the dance with you!” Tidus said. If Riku's eating some beefsteak right now, he's probably death due to choke of shock but since he's not, he just stared at Tidus in shock.
 
 
“Tidus, are you forgetting something or what? You have been asked by Wakka,” Riku said, still shock the fact that Tidus had asked Sora to the dance. It's not really weird for someone to ask another person for the dance but somehow, Tidus with Sora are not a really good combination.
 
 
“Oh shoot! I forgot! Wakka have asked me already! Oh man! Now who's going to ask Sora?!” Tidus wailed, pulling his hairs in frustration and started to bang his head against the table.
 
 
“Um…it's okay Tidus. I-I don't really want to go there,” Sora said, sweat dropping when Tidus was not listening to him and continued to bang his head.
 
 
“No Sora! I don't care whether you want to go there or not but I will force you to go there and dance with someone perfect for you!” exclaimed Tidus.
 
 
“No, it's okay Tidus. I can just go there alone,” Sora said.
 
 
“No! You mustn't be alone in Dance Ball! Oh wait, I'll look for someone to be your partner! Yes! I will do that! I promise you, Sora, that I will look for your perfect partner within a week! Don't you worry that!” Tidus exclaimed, his chest huffed upwards as if he was proud of what he said. Sora sweatdropped.
 
 
“You can't be serious…” Riku slapped his forehead, he groaned before he looked at Sora who was staring at him. “What?” Riku asked.
 
 
“Huh? N-Nothing,” Sora said, blushing.
 
 
“Oh, look at the time. It's almost ten o'clock. Sorry Sora, I have to go now,” Tidus said, sanding up and dashed to the door followed by Riku and Sora. They put on their shoes, watched by Sora by the doorframe. “Okay then Sora. Don't worry about the Dance Ball! I'll look for your partner! Bye!” Tidus ran off without waiting for Riku who still struggling to put on his shoes.
 
 
“Damn it Tidus! Wait for me!” Riku cursed. After a second, he managed to slip his foot into the shoes and right before he chased after Tidus, he found himself looking at Sora who, by all mean, was still staring at him. “Uh…see you at the Dance Ball,” Riku said before he ran off.
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------< /div>