Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Hidden Beauty ❯ Partner ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Hidden Beauty.
 
Author: Namassuki.
 
Genre: Romance, Humor, Angst.
 
Rating: PG-13.
 
Chapter 5:Partner.
 
 
Day: Tuesday.
 
 
“Oh this is hell. Three more days to find Sora's partner and I still hasn't got anyone yet!” Tidus wailed as he pulled his hairs in frustration ten minutes before their Biology class begun. Riku just rolled his eyes and stared blankly at the whiteboard in front of him. As time passed by, he was starting to see a dotted line that seemed to be drawing a figure…thin figure…sexy figure…with spiky hair…and blue eyes…
 
 
`Sora…' he instinctively thought. When he realized that, he cursed at himself and banged his forehead against the table, earning shock expression from his classmate. The girls, however, squealed in joy.
 
 
“Yo, all right Riku? You look so down,” Tidus said, patting his back.
 
 
“Hmm. I'm fine,” replied Riku. Tidus gave him I-don't-believe-you-look before he looked at the front when their Biology teacher entered the class with someone behind him whom Riku was not really paying attention to because he was drawing dotted figure of Sora's.
 
 
“Class, meet your new classmate, Roxas,” his teacher said and that definitely made Riku's ears perked up. Riku shifted his eyes from dotting figure of Sora to smiling Roxas who now was wearing white polo with dark blue jean and the very same spectacle on his nose.
 
 
“Nice to meet you,” Roxas said as he bowed slightly before everyone and showed that I'm-cute-and-good-kind-boy-smile at everyone. Some girls went swoon.
 
 
“All right. You can sit down, Roxas,” said the teacher. Roxas nodded, scanned the room until once again his eyes met Riku. They stared at each other for a while before Roxas's smile widened and he walked toward Riku. Riku blinked up at Roxas who was smiling down at him.
 
 
“You don't mind me sitting next to you, do you?” Roxas asked. Riku blinked, he looked at an empty seat next to his left before he looked back at Roxas and shook his head.
 
 
“No, I don't mind,” Riku replied. Roxas beamed then walked around Riku and sat down on the chair. Riku watched as Roxas took out his pencil case and notebook before the blonde looked at him, smiling.
 
 
“Nice to meet you. I'm Roxas,” Roxas said.
 
 
“Oh, nice to meet you. I'm Riku,” Riku said.
 
 
“Guess we'll be together starting today, huh?” Roxas asked. Riku blinked.
 
 
“Uh yeah…right…” And Riku returned back to the whiteboard, this time he was drawing dotting line of Sora's figure but was actually thinking about Roxas. He did not know why but somehow the boy gave him a chill.
 
 
--------------------------------
 
 
It was lunchtime and Roxas had decided to join Riku during lunch. He sat next to Tidus who was sitting next to Riku. It was annoying for Riku when he found out that Roxas was going to be with him in every class since they were taking the very same subjects of the same classes and Riku was not sure if he will survive under those pierce blue eyes that kept staring at him all the time.
 
 
`What's up with him?! Why is he kept staring at me?!' Riku thought, feeling Roxas's eyes on him. To make him look undisturbed, he decided to look at Tidus and tried so hard to listen to whatever he was rambling about.
 
 
“…so you see, this Saturday, Kairi and Selphie told me that they're going to bring Strawberry cookies. I told them I don't want to since I hate Strawberry but they said that everyone's going to like Strawberry especially from High School…” Tidus said.
 
 
“Is there something's going on on this Saturday?” Roxas asked after he listened to every word Tidus said just now.
 
 
“Oh yeah. There's going to be Dance Ball Party for both Seniors from High School in next door and College students here. The party will be held on this Saturday in the auditorium,” replied Tidus.
 
 
“Oh…a party, huh?” Roxas smiled.
 
 
“Yup. It's going to be a blast because they have invited some Ahosune Gang to sing some song for the Dance Ball! Ohh! I just can't wait to dance with Wakka!” Tidus squealed silently and giggled girly.
 
 
“Please…you're starting to squeal like those girls, Tidus,” Riku said, rolling his eyes.
 
 
“So what? At least I'm squealing for someone I really love and someone who loved me back. Unlike you, you never love your fans back,” Tidus said, frowning.
 
 
“Whatever. I'm not really interested on them,” Riku said.
 
 
“Humph. Selfish Popular Boy,” Tidus said, sticking his tongue at Riku who glared at him. “Anyway Roxas, you're new around this island?”
 
 
“Yup. Just transferred here yesterday with my father,” replied Roxas.
 
 
“So, where do you live?” Tidus asked.
 
 
“In Paopu Neighborhood,” replied Roxas. Tidus's eyes widened in shock.
 
 
“Really? Oh wow! I lived around there too!” exclaimed Tidus.
 
 
“Oh? Really?” Roxas asked. Tidus nodded. “My house's number is 145,” Roxas said.
 
 
“That's like twenty blocks away from my house. Mine 125,” Tidus said.
 
 
“Well then, maybe I can sometimes visit your house,” Roxas said.
 
 
“You should be! I think I should tell my dad that there's new neighborhood then he can invite you and your father to dinner in our house. My dad's really good in cooking, you know,” Tidus said.
 
 
“That would be lovely,” Roxas said.
 
 
“Yeah! Yeah! Oh and you can play games with me! You can play game, can you?” Tidus asked.
 
 
“Of course. I really love to play games. Especially Sky Diving game,” replied Roxas.
 
 
“Holy! You have Sky Diving game too?” Tidus asked. Roxas nodded. “Lucky you! The only person I know who had Sky Diving is Sora,” Tidus said. Roxas and Riku's ears perked up. “And he got the game free from his dad who worked for the Game Company.”
 
 
“Sora?” Roxas blinked at Tidus.
 
 
“Oh, Sora's my friend who lived next to my house. And oh, he love to play game too and as a matter of he's really as good as me! And he also wore glasses like you except he got thick and larger than yours,” Tidus said. Riku stared at Tidus in curiosity, somehow feeling that as if Tidus knew Roxas knew Sora that he described about Sora's spectacle too. Riku wondered if Tidus purposely say it or he's just plain stupid.
 
 
“Is he the boy who had cinnamon spiky hair?” Riku sensed Roxas's tone was one of the excitements when he asked the question.
 
 
“Huh? You know Sora?” Tidus asked. Roxas looked at Riku.
 
 
“I presume you knew Sora is Tidus's neighbor?” Roxas arched his eyebrow at Riku. Riku snorted. Roxas then smiled at Tidus. “Yes, I know Sora. I just met him in bookstore yesterday,” Roxas said. Tidus's eyes widened. He looked from Riku to Roxas back to Riku and to Roxas again.
 
 
“Really? Oh boy! This is too much coincident! I never expected you to know Sora!” Tidus said. Roxas beamed. Then Riku saw Tidus's expression change from happy to thoughtful, frowned, smirked, grinned then lastly excitement where his eyes glitter with mischief and hope. Somehow Riku didn't like it one bit. “Hey Roxas,” Tidus began.
 
 
“Yes?” Roxas blinked at him as he chewed his burger.
 
 
“Do you want to go to the Dance Ball with Sora?” Tidus asked, straightforwardly and Riku wasn't really expected that. Okay, he expected Tidus to ask that to Roxas but not like that. He preferred if Tidus asked if he go to the Dance Ball or not, not if he wants to go to the Dance Ball together with Sora!
 
 
Riku frowned. He looked at Roxas's shocked expression, watched as Roxas gulped his burger and looked him before to Tidus, and smiled. A smile that Riku didn't like one bit and judging from his attitude towards Sora yesterday, Riku already knew what Roxas was thinking. But hell Riku, why do you even care. So what? You can have as many girls to dance as you want! And Riku felt relieve a little bit.
 
 
“Sure,” replied Roxas. Riku groaned when Tidus clapped his hands happily.
 
 
“This is great! I can't wait to tell Sora! Oh, you want to come too? I bet he's happy to find it was you! Oh wait, you met Sora and left without leaving any hatred, do you?” Tidus asked too much question.
 
 
“No, we have no problem. I just hope he like me to be his partner for the Dance Ball,” Roxas said, smiling.
 
 
“Don't worry! Sora will be more than happy!” Tidus exclaimed, patting Roxas's back before he turned to Riku. “Hey Riku, how about you come too tonight? I bet you have no problem?” Tidus asked. Riku frowned. He eyed both Tidus and Roxas before he sighed in defeat.
 
 
“Fine.”
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------< /div>