Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Hidden Beauty ❯ Cancel ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Hidden Beauty.
 
Author: Namassuki.
 
Genre: Romance, Humor, Angst.
 
Rating: PG-13.
 
Chapter 13:Cancel.
 
 
Day: Friday.
 
 
As Riku promised, he called Sora that night. At first he was nervous because he scared Sora's father will be the one who will answered the phone and his prediction came true. He heard a pierce voice from the other side of the line as soon as the phone picked up. Due to nervousness and scared of Sora's father to death, Riku remained silent for a long, long time.
 
 
`Honestly Riku! You acted as if a boyfriend is trying to pass through your girlfriend father's security phone!' thought Riku, cursing.
 
 
“Hello?” The voice is getting annoyed.
 
 
“H-Hello sir,” Riku gulped. There was a silent from the other side of the line for ten seconds.
 
 
“It's you,” Sora's father said as if he said to someone he really hated.
 
 
“Y-Yeah, it's me,” Riku said. “Uh…is Sora there?” he asked. Another silent.
 
 
“SORA!” shouted Sora's father all of sudden, piercing through Riku's eardrum.
 
 
“Y-Yes dad?” Riku's heart lightened when he heard Sora's voice.
 
 
“Your perverted boyfriend called you,” Sora's father said. Riku's jaw dropped on the floor.
 
 
`Perverted? EXCUSE ME!' Riku frowned.
 
 
“Boyfriend? Who?” Sora asked in a tone of innocent. Somehow, it hurt Riku's heart.
 
 
“That silver-haired boy who had snogged you this morning,” replied Sora's father. Both Sora and Riku sweatdropped.
 
 
“Y-You mean Riku?” Sora finally realized and he was blushing red. “H-He's not my boyfriend! He's just my friend!” exclaimed Sora.
 
 
`Ouch,' thought Riku.
 
 
“Whatever. Here,” Sora's father said. Riku heard a sound of rustle and his heart leapt in happy when he heard Sora's melody voice.
 
 
“R-Riku?”
 
 
“Hey Sora,” Riku grinned crazily.
 
 
“Stop at midnight,” Riku heard Sora's father voice.
 
 
“Okay.” Riku listened carefully as footstep slowly fading and gone completely, replaced by Sora's voice. “Riku…”
 
 
“Sora…”
 
 
“Um…sorry about my dad. He thought we were…”
 
 
“Nah, its okay,” Riku said. `Though I wish we were,' he thought.
 
 
“And Riku…”
 
 
“Yes?”
 
 
“Has Tidus tell you?”
 
 
“Tell me what?”
 
 
…I guess he hadn't…” Riku blinked at Sora's sad tone. He wondered what's wrong with Sora. Had something happened? Suddenly there was ding-dong from outside.
 
 
“Oh, wait Sora,” Riku said before he put down the phone and opened the door entrance, greeted by solemn face of Tidus, happy face of Axel and smiling Roxas though he could see he was twitching. “Err…night.” Riku closed the door but not before Tidus pushed it open harshly and strode into the living room. Riku blinked, he closed the door again and followed the three guys. “What's wrong?”
 
 
“It's Sora,” Tidus said.
 
 
“What about him?” Riku asked, arching his eyebrow.
 
 
“He can't go to the Party tomorrow!” Tidus sounds whining.
 
 
“WHAT?!” Riku shocked.
 
 
“It's true! It's true! He had just called Tidus and told him he couldn't come tomorrow! So that's mean I can ask Roxas!” Axel exclaimed, raising his arms in joy.
 
 
“Wait!” Riku quickly ran to the phone and picked it up. “Sora?” The three stunned. “Why can't you come tomorrow?” Riku asked.
 
 
“Um…I just can't,” replied Sora.
 
 
“But Sora, we have found your partner already,” Riku said. `And I really wanted to be with you!'
 
 
“I know…and I have already apologized to Roxas. But I really can't come…” Sora said.
 
 
“What's wrong? Are you sick?” Riku asked, worried.
 
 
“N-No. I'm fine. It's just that…”
 
 
“Yes…?”
 
 
“I just can't…” Sora said in apology tone. “I'm sorry Riku…”
 
 
“Sora…” Riku sighed. “All right then…”
 
 
“I-I'm really sorry Riku. I wish I could come but…I just can't…” Riku already imagined Sora's expression right now. The young boy probably bit his lips, eyebrows furrowed and shoulders slumped, holding the handset tightly and tried not to cry. Such a beautiful image…Riku thought. “Um…since I can't come tomorrow…who will Roxas go with?” Sora asked, sniffing.
 
 
`He's crying…damn,' Riku cursed silently. He looked at Tidus, Axel and Roxas before he put his hand on the speaker, “Hey Roxas, who will you go to the dance tomorrow with?” Riku asked.
 
 
“I have no choice but to go with Axel,” Roxas replied, shrugging.
 
 
“Don't say that! Say `I am more than glad to go with Axel!'” exclaimed Axel. Roxas rolled his eyes.
 
 
“Well, it seems that Axel took the opportunity to take Roxas to the dance,” Riku said, answering Sora's question.
 
 
“Really? Hehehehe. I knew Axel really want to go to the dance with Roxas,” Sora said, giggling.
 
 
“Hey, you don't go to the dance not because you want to give an opportunity for Axel, do you?” Riku asked, glaring at Axel. Axel blinked cutely and innocently.
 
 
“No! No! Not because of that,” replied Sora.
 
 
“Yeah…you better not be cause if you were, I will kick Axel's butt and I'm sure Roxas is more than happy to cooperate with me when it come to this,” Riku said, grinning at Roxas who gave him thumb up. Axel pouted cutely; tugging Roxas' sleeve that somehow defeated to those puppy eyes and sighed as he let Axel giggly hugged him.
 
 
“Aww, please don't hurt Axel. It's not his fault…” Sora said.
 
 
“Don't worry. We won't tell you once we beat him,” Riku said.
 
 
“Riku!” Sora pouted.
 
 
“Hahahaha! Just kidding Sora! Just kidding,” Riku said, laughing when Sora pouted more.
 
 
“Um Riku…I think I should go now…my dad's watching me,” Sora said.
 
 
“Right…goodnight then,” Riku said.
 
 
“Goodnight,” Sora said.
 
 
“Oh and Sora,” Riku called before Sora hanged up.
 
 
“Yes?”
 
 
“Sweet dream.”
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------< /div>