Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Hidden Beauty ❯ Confession ( Chapter 23 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Hidden Beauty.
 
Author: Namassuki.
 
Genre: Romance, Humor, Angst.
 
Rating: PG-13.
 
Chapter 23:Confession.
 
 
Day: Next Week. Sunday.
 
 
It has been two weeks since Riku had played a part, as the `Prince' in practice and now it is time for the real deal. He was now sitting on the chair provided for him, wearing his `Prince's' uniform, white long polo with black trouser and a dark blue belt around his waist. A sheath of sword hanged by his side, complete with a real-like sword made from plastic but enough to hurt anyone.
 
 
Next to him is Sora, wearing his ever so beautiful `Princess's uniform. Blue sleeveless dress and white gloves. Sparkles of diamonds were scattered across his dress, making him ever so beautiful and to add more beautiful, he was wearing a fine and real necklace around his neck made from real diamond and on his head was a beautiful platinum crown, just like his usual necklace.
 
 
Then next to Sora was Roxas. His clothe were all white including his belt and sheath of the sword. A beautiful necklace of blue pendant hanging around his neck and a white glove wrapped around his both hands. A blue ring placed in his middle finger and a white chain was connected from his side waist down to his side trouser. Over all, he had the same uniform like Riku except he had an addition of white long jacket.
 
 
To Riku's delight, Sora wasn't using his real glasses but instead he wore glasses just like Roxas'. Small and thin rectangle glasses with golden holder and people who didn't really know about Sora would probably think that both Sora and Roxas were the same person, or real twins. But luckily Roxas wasn't using a spectacle instead he was using contact lens.
 
 
“I'm nervous,” Sora said, clutching his script tightly.
 
 
“Don't worry. Everything will be fine,” Roxas said, patting Sora's lap. Sora smiled in gratitude at Roxas before he returned back to nervous. Riku frowned, glared at Roxas. Within two weeks, he had been holding himself from ever hitting Roxas for he kept smiling that smile at him, as if mocking him though Riku had no idea what he was mocking for. And within two weeks he had tried to ask Roxas about his relationship with Axel but he never got a chance.
 
 
“Hey peoples!” Tidus greeted. He was wearing the `Queen' uniform, large pink dress complete with large crown on his head and make up. Behind him was his `King', Wakka who was wearing overtopping armor with large crown on his head and a large sword by his side. “Sora, looking beautiful!”
 
 
“Thanks,” Sora said, blushing.
 
 
“So, are you guys ready? Because I don't want anything to happen to spoil my Grade,” Tidus said.
 
 
“Don't worry. We won't mess up,” Riku said.
 
 
“You better be. Who knows in the middle of the play, you and Roxas started to bicker like last time,” Tidus said, frowning.
 
 
“Oh, don't worry Tidus. Even if we indeed bicker, I will make sure it will be fun to be watched by everyone,” Roxas said, smiling widely.
 
 
“Somehow I think you have something in your mind right now,” Tidus said. Roxas just smiled. “Right…I'm going to take my position at the opposite stage. You guys better behave yourself.” With that Tidus and Wakka left.
 
 
“Fun to be watched? As if they're going to like you, the minion of the story,” Riku said.
 
 
“Aww…I won't worry about that. I mean, who's the stealer of lover in the story anyway,” Roxas said. Riku frowned, used his eyes to glare deadly at Roxas, hoping a laser will came out and burn Roxas on the spot right now. Since Sora was sitting between the two, he felt nervous, took a glance at the boys by his sides.
 
 
“All right boys! Your big moment had finally come!” Tifa popped out of nowhere, breaking the two from continuing their glaring contest. “Are you ready, boys? I hope you aren't very nervous because there are like over thousands of peoples out there to watch you play, especially you Riku!”
 
 
“Great. Don't tell me my father is out there,” Riku said.
 
 
“Of course he is! He's the author of the book anyway and he told me he can't wait the last part!” Tifa giggled.
 
 
“Pervert father,” Riku said, cursing.
 
 
“Right! Now get to your position! We're going to start within ten minutes! Make sure you have the lines stick to your skull by now because we sure hell not going to need the script,” Tifa said, patting the three of them before she left.
 
 
“Oh yes…no script at all,” Roxas smirked.
 
 
--------------------------------
 
 
So the play began so well and so far no had forgotten their lines and no one had got cold feet or freeze on the spot. No nervous could be detected from each actor or actress as they played and every spectator watched the play in amaze especially when they saw each actors being played by most handsome and adorable students they had ever seen.
 
 
Thanks to Zell and Irvine who had been trying so hard to make the stage much real and livelier, the atmosphere of romance and the air of passion could be feel from the spectators especially with the background of beautiful background of roses and garden. And it gave them chill when they used the background of night and forest, or maybe it was just the air conditioner of the hall.
 
 
Of course, being the author of the book and the story played by the students, Riku's father kept grinning wide all the time with Zidane's father next to his right and annoyed Sora's father who had been forced by Riku's father to come. The two fathers emotionally cried when it came a part where Roxas found out about Sora's relationship with Riku.
 
 
“Oh! Such a dreadful way to find out Princess Sora had an affair with Prince Riku!” exclaimed Riku's father.
 
 
“I still wonder why you choose Prince Roxas to go out from his room and went to training hall in the middle of the night,” Zidane's father said.
 
 
“It's because it's romantic and cool to train during night!” Riku's father said. Sora's father groaned.
 
 
“Stupid romance,” Sora's father said.
 
 
“Please, don't say that. I know you have done it before,” Riku's father said, grinning at Sora's father who was glaring at him. He then looked at the stage where Prince Roxas now asked Prince Riku to have a duel for the price of Princess Sora. “Go Riku! Win Sora with all your heart!” Riku's father squealed.
 
 
“God…is he evens my father?” Riku rolled his eyes as he pulled out his sword from his sheath. Sora sweatdropped when Riku's father continued to cheer despite everyone was laughing at him. “Damn it.”
 
 
“Interesting father you have, Riku,” Roxas said, already in his pose to duel.
 
 
“Whatever. I don't care,” Riku said and he parried Roxas's attack quickly on time, wince when his hand vibrates due to the impact. `God. He's strong…' Riku thought.
 
 
“Don't tell me you can't hold that one, Riku,” Roxas said, loud enough for everyone under the stage to hear.
 
 
“What?” Riku arched his eyebrow.
 
 
“Here's much stronger,” Roxas said and without waiting for Riku's reply, he attacked and got parried. He smiled when Riku's hand shaking and almost dropping the sword. Not giving Riku a chance to say anything for his line or attack him, he continued his attack upon Riku one after another without stopping. Riku winced, flinched; hold his sword tightly as not to drop it.
 
 
“What is Roxas's doing? He was supposed to attack Riku twice! Not countless times!” Tifa grunted.
 
 
“I think he purposely did it,” said Leon.
 
 
“What?” Tifa blinked.
 
 
“Come on Riku! Aren't you going to attack me?” Roxas asked casually, still attacking Riku.
 
 
“Damn it. What the hell?” Riku was confused. He was supposed to be waiting for Roxas to stop attacking him to say his next line but Roxas just didn't stop and to make things worse, every time he parried Roxas' attack, his hand is getting tired and weaker. At long last, due to confusion and anger, he parried Roxas's sword and swung his sword across Roxas's chest. “Oh shoot!”
 
 
“R-Roxas!” Sora panicked when he found out Riku had hit Roxas's chest for real.
 
 
“I'm fine,” Roxas said, rubbing his chest before he smiled at Riku and trance in his pose. “Shall we continue?” Roxas asked.
 
 
“What?” Riku is still confuse.
 
 
“Let us determine who should be with Sora…for real,” Roxas said. He watched as Riku stared at him in confusion and he smirked when Riku's eyes widened.
 
 
“W-What the hell?! Are you---Ugh!” Riku parried Roxas's attack on time. He gritted his teeth through the struggle of parrying until he couldn't take it anymore that the moment their swords collided, he pushed Roxas's sword, causing him to stumble, only to shock to find Roxas flipped over and landed on the stairs to the ground. “Damn you Roxas!” Riku raged and ran towards Roxas.
 
 
“That's not very nice to call me like that,” Roxas said as he ran downstairs to the center of the hall, just between the two sides of the seats. Riku hissed, raised his sword and hit Roxas who parried it on time.
 
 
“W-What the hell? What are they doing down there?!” Tifa wailed.
 
 
“I thought there's no fighting out of the stage,” Wakka said, checking his script.
 
 
“Sigh…Those two…” Tidus slapped his forehead.
 
 
“H-Huh? W-What's going on?” Sora blinked as he watched Riku and Roxas are battling on the ground, saying something that wasn't supposed to be in the script.
 
 
“Tell me Roxas! Why aren't you and Axel becoming lovers yet?!” Riku asked, parrying Roxas's attack.
 
 
“It's not really your business, Riku,” Roxas said, smiling. Riku hissed, pushed Roxas and jumped on time when Roxas swung his swords at his knees.
 
 
“It is my business!” Riku raised his sword. “When you kept focusing on Sora!” he shouted as he swung down his sword and hit Roxas's sword. He smirked when Roxas flinched a little but then he groaned in pain when Roxas kicked his stomach. “You…bastard…We aren't allowed to kick body…”
 
 
“We can…” Roxas smiled. “If it's about claiming Sora.” Riku's ears perked up, looked up at smiling Roxas in disbelieve. Then he cursed and swung his leg across Roxas's leg but Roxas jumped on time and attacked Riku, who quickly blocked it. Riku pushed Roxas and stood on his feet, glaring at his opponent with all his heart. “Being serious?” Roxas smirked.
 
 
“You…what the hell do you want from me?!” Riku shouted as he charged towards Roxas and parried Roxas's attack. “What is your purpose?!”
 
 
“To make Sora happy,” Roxas replied, parrying Riku's sword.
 
 
“And how is that involve not being Axel's lover?!” Riku asked.
 
 
“Riku, my friend,” Roxas ran to the stairs but blocked by super fast Riku who attacked him. “You are an idiot,” he said as he thrust his sword towards Riku's sword, causing the sword thrown over his head to the back. He pointed his sword at Riku's neck, who was leaning against the wall.
 
 
“Roxas,” Riku sweats. “Just what is in your mind?” Riku asked. Roxas just smiled. “You think you can have Sora just because you were able to get his first kiss?” Riku said. Roxas is still smiling. “You think you can have Sora just because he's just like you? You think you can have Sora just because you are nicer and loved Sora more than I do? You think you can have him just because I am the sea, Sora's the sky and you are the land?”
 
 
“Sky and Land are supposed to be facing each other, Riku,” Roxas said. Riku chuckled short.
 
 
“True…” Riku said, smirking. “But sea reflected the sky to show the world the beautiful nature and land can be swallowed by the sea!” Riku exclaimed, grinned wider when he saw Roxas stunned. At that moment, he took an opportunity to kick Roxas's arm, causing the blonde to slip the sword where Riku stole it and before Roxas could beat Riku, the silver-haired boy had pointed the sword at him.
 

Roxas halted. Riku smirked.
 
 
“Very smart,” Roxas said. Riku blinked then he cursed when Roxas stepped back too quickly and took Riku's sword. The two of them then continued to attack each other without bleeding, earning an amaze look and squeals from the audience especially Riku's father.
 
 
“I can't believe those two! They are fighting over Sora!” Tifa wailed.
 
 
“Hehehehe! Roxas's really good in sword!” Axel giggled.
 
 
“Hey, aren't you worried that your obsession there is fighting over Sora?” Cloud asked.
 
 
“Nope! I'm not worried! I know Roxas wasn't really serious on claiming Sora,” Axel said, grinning. Everyone blinked. “Roxas's just pretending to want Sora so that Riku will be jealous!”
 
 
“Oh! You're telling us that Roxas purposely did that to find out if Riku really love Sora or not?” Zell asked. Axel nodded. “What? Riku's gay?”
 
 
“I'm surprise you haven't know that,” Tidus said.
 
 
“WHAT?! You guys knew about this already?!” Irvine whined. Everyone except Zell nodded.
 
 
“So…how long should we wait until they finished?” Wakka asked.
 
 
“Um…Roxas told me until Riku said he love Sora,” Axel said, grinning.
 
 
“That might take too long,” said Leon.
 
 
“Yeah. Especially when Riku is being so stubborn and always used those dramatic words,” said Cloud. Everyone nodded in agreement then they looked at the two fighting boys under the stage.
 
 
“What's wrong Riku? Tired already?” Roxas asked, smiling.
 
 
“I'm not! You are!” Riku said.
 
 
“Well, I'm not panting so heavily like you,” Roxas said.
 
 
“Shut up!” Riku shouted and hit Roxas hard. Roxas parried on time. `Damn…I never knew Roxas's really good in this…' Riku thought between attacking and parrying.
 
 
“Riku, if I defeat you, you know I will have Sora,” Roxas said. Riku glared at him.
 
 
“Like hell I'm going to let you!” Riku shouted, charging Roxas.
 
 
“With your current strength and will, I don't think you can win against me,” Roxas said.
 
 
“Shut up, Roxas,” Riku hissed, panting. Roxas frowned.
 
 
“Give me everything you got, Riku!” Roxas suddenly shouted, startling everyone. He then attacked Riku. Riku flinched and he noticed Roxas's every attack's getting stronger and rougher than before that he dropped his sword couple of times but quickly gained it. Not wanting to lose to some smiley blonde, he returned the favor to Roxas and each of them had already got many bruises.
 
 
“This isn't working. Riku won't admit he love Sora,” said Leon.
 
 
“Yeah. And Roxas doesn't sound satisfy,” said Zell.
 
 
“They're bruising badly now,” said Irvine.
 
 
“Those plastic swords may looks fragile but it's still hurt when it hit someone,” said Cloud.
 
 
“Someone needs to stop those two. I can't bear to watch it anymore…my Grade…” said Tifa.
 
 
“I definitely don't want to get killed by those two,” Tidus said, shaking his head. Wakka nodded.
 
 
“Well, at least someone need to stop them and knocked their head or something! This duel can go on forever!” Tifa said. Then, her eyes caught something blue from the corner and everyone watched as blue figure walked towards the two `Princes' and stopped not far from them.
 
 
“S-STOP IT!” Sora shouted, immediately stopping the two `Princes' from fighting. Everyone glanced at him, Sora's face was flushing red and his eyes were showing one of the confusion emotion. “W-What the hell do you think you're doing?!” Sora asked, shouting.
 
 
“Sora, I---”
 
 
“Silent!” Sora shouted, shutting Riku's mouth. “What the hell are you two doing? What the hell are you two talking about and I sure hell don't recognize those as one of the lines in the Play! And why are you fighting under the stage when you two were supposed to be fighting on the stage! And why are you fighting so real to me that I thought you two are hurting each other and why even the hell ARE YOU FIGTHING FOR?!”
 
 
A very long silent filled the hall.
 
 
“I-I don't understand…why are you two---”
 
 
“OH MY GOD!” Zell shrieked.
 
 
“HOLY MAMA MIA!” Irvine's eyes widened as saucer.
 
 
“WHAT????!!!!!!!” Tifa wailed.
 
 
“OH SHOOT!” Tidus slapped his forehead.
 
 
“ALL RIGHT!” Riku's father clapped his hands happily. The audience whistled and come were squealing as they watched Riku pressed his lips against Sora's lips. Roxas smiled, chuckled when Sora's eyes turned wider when Riku licked his tongue before the silver-haired broke the kiss.
 
 
“R-Riku?” Sora blinked, blushing red while looking up at smiling Riku who also had those pink tinges on his cheeks.
 
 
“Sora,” Riku began. “I love you,” he said. Sora's eyes widened behind those rectangular glasses, his mind was processing every single word Riku had said to him three seconds ago and once he accepted the fact, his face blushing redder than before that even audience from the back row could see him. “And I'm going to win you,” Riku said, kissing Sora's lips again before he broke it.
 
 
“H-Huh? R-Riku…” Sora took step forward but stopped as Riku stood before Roxas, eyes showing one of the determinations.
 
 
“I'm going to win over you, Roxas,” Riku said.
 
 
“I know you will,” Roxas said, smiling. Riku blinked. “That's why I'm claiming myself to lose this duel.” Everyone gasped, even Riku's father. Riku had his eyes widened in shock and disbelieve. Roxas, who had been mocking him that he will claim Sora now surrendered and claimed to lose the duel. “I trust you, Riku,” Roxas said as if he could read Riku's head. “That's why I will be leaving Sora to you.”
 
 
“Roxas…” Riku frowned. “Are you…”
 
 
“And I'm sure…” Roxas looked at confused Sora. “That Sora will be happy with you.”
 
 
“R-Roxas…” Sora's tears slowly fell from the corner of his eyes. Roxas walked towards Sora, hugging him on the spot, kissed his forehead before he walked over to Riku and patted his back.
 
 
“Take care of Sora,” Roxas said, smiling at Riku before he walked towards the entrance of the hall, gone by the shine of light. The hall was filled with silent for a long, long time until Riku's father clapped his hands. Soon, everyone from the audience clapped their hands, echoing the hall. They whistled, cheered and cried as they watched Riku hugged crying Sora and in the end, they kissed each other.
 
 
At the backstage, the crew and actors were in deadly silent. They didn't know what to say and they tried to know what had happened before until someone, who happened to be Zell, broke it.
 
 
“Don't you think that's overdramatic?”
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------< /div>